1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 4022 Ratings

1. Dec 21, 2012
    After the recent changes, I have now changed my rating to a 10. Let's hope they keep making community changes. The reverting of the 4 hour lockout period has changed my gameplay to more positive, in contrary to the previous. Now onto private servers!
  2. Dec 18, 2012
    I've had War Z (Legend Package) since the very beginning and since then I've easily put over 100-hours into it. It's by no means a finished product, but despite that it's still a game that gives me and my friends a lot of satisfaction. At its best The War Z gives a real sense of tension and some adrenalin fuelled fire-fights, something that after 25 years of gaming (I'm 35) I struggle toI've had War Z (Legend Package) since the very beginning and since then I've easily put over 100-hours into it. It's by no means a finished product, but despite that it's still a game that gives me and my friends a lot of satisfaction. At its best The War Z gives a real sense of tension and some adrenalin fuelled fire-fights, something that after 25 years of gaming (I'm 35) I struggle to find. There is a tonne of negativity surrounding this game, which for the most part is unfair. I would urge everyone to ignore all that and look for honest and unbiased appraisals of the game before deciding to buy or not. That said there is still a lot to be done to get this game to where it should be, and I'm hoping the development team can ride the current storm and achieve their goals. I have to judge this game on the amount of time it's kept me playing, and all I can say is that it's the best £ I've spent on a game in a long time (and I spend _a lot_ of £ on games). For me, the key features that they need to be adding are all around the dynamics of the game: i.e. different types of zombies, e.g. specials with different behaviour and attack patterns, wild-life (for food), more reasons to team-up with other players, vehicles (on the next and larger map), proximity voice chat, radio chat, dynamic weather, more buildings and outposts to explore on the map etc. In addition there are balancing issues that need addressing, such as the 'low gfx' settings that give an unfair advantage to those running them.

For the record, I'm a big Day Z fan and I'm looking forward to the Standalone, it will be interesting to see which one I ultimately invest the most amount of time in. At the moment I'm thinking it will be War Z.
  3. Dec 18, 2012
    A much better game then its reputation. Dont belive all the scam lies about this game.

Have had some of my more intense ingame moments in this game. Its a thrill.
  4. Dec 18, 2012
    I loved the game before the 12/14/2012 patch.
    pvp is really the only fun thing about this game. zombies are way too easy to kill and they're just annoying to deal with.
    pvp and looting other players corpses is a lot of fun to me. you get an adrenaline rush after player kills because others can watch you in third person mode and wait for you to run by then kill you. It gives you a lot of
    I loved the game before the 12/14/2012 patch.
    pvp and looting other players corpses is a lot of fun to me.
    you get an adrenaline rush after player kills because others can watch you in third person mode and wait for you to run by then kill you. It gives you a lot of paranoia in populated areas of the map :)

coming from a veteran fps player, this game is a very refreshing fps experience that no fps title in the past 10 years has given me.
  5. Dec 18, 2012
    While this game definitely has stumbled in the PR department, I have enjoyed my time playing since it launched in October. Overall, the game plays smoothly and fills a action/arcade/survival niche of the Zombie Game department. It doesn't take itself as serious as DayZ does but is not a "Rail" shooter like the Left 4 Dead series is. The Development team is also very good at respondingWhile this game definitely has stumbled in the PR department, I have enjoyed my time playing since it launched in October. Overall, the game plays smoothly and fills a action/arcade/survival niche of the Zombie Game department. It doesn't take itself as serious as DayZ does but is not a "Rail" shooter like the Left 4 Dead series is. The Development team is also very good at responding to and respecting players wishes. Every time I log in, I get a new chance to comment on how I feel the game should be improved thanks to voluntary surveys. Its not a finished game by any means but its getting a lot of things right if you can get past all the hate mongering. Expand
  6. Dec 18, 2012
    Don't buy into all the nerd-rage, it's great value at $13.50 and a heap more fun than Day Z Mod, especially played with friends. Will be interesting to compare it to Day Z Standalone.
  7. Dec 18, 2012
    Game is great and a lot of fun a lot of people are complaining about stuff not being in the game but the devs are working hard on following there timeline they put on the forums. The game is still under development so just play and have fun.
  8. Dec 18, 2012
    I normally don't write reviews but after reading some of those reviews I had to put in my two cents.

First, notice that all those negative comments are saying "Day Z is better!" That may be true but this is not day z and you shouldn't hate it because some game similar to it is better. Rate games on how good it is, not how good its competition is. Graphically it is not spectacular.

Graphically it is not spectacular. It looks like it should be made 5 years ago graphics wise. Its not all bad though. I see things and can instantly recognize them. Graphics are not important to me much and so it is not weighted much in my over all rating

Game play is fantastic. It is a zombie survival horror game. The game play is exactly what you expect. You start off some some food, drink, medicine, and a low tier weapon. Than you proceed to scavenge for more of everything. Save crap in your global inventory and be happy. Yes they have an item mall but you can only buy what you can find normally, you can find currency in game, and its not smart to spend real money because the second you die you lose all your gear.

Sound is pretty good. I don't much care for sound in any game but this game its so so. You do make sound when you walk on other surfaces, gun shots are unmistakable (it even makes that ricochet sound when a bullet hits a rock close by you). There isn't really any music but there is mood setting sounds occasionally. I guess its what you expect; from a zombie survival horror.

Story is non existent. This is not bad though, in fact this is good. Its what makes this game special. Its a sandbox type of game similar to Mount and Blade. You forge your own path and do what you want.

Over all I give this game an 8 out of 10. it is REALLY fun and will play it a lot. (played it 10 hours nonstop on launch day). However, it can improve a lot, and according to the developers. My mid 2013 it will have a lot better about it (they list what they want to add and when they expect to do it).

And on top of all of this the game is only $15. When compared to a normal $60 game this is a great deal! Go buy it before they do take it out of beta and jump that price up to $60.
  9. Dec 18, 2012
    i love this game, i am not going to use the "its still in alpha beta excuse". but this game still has a chance of surviving and i will keep playing it. the only bad part is the hackers but hopefully they really do have a anti-cheat engine lolol Overall its only 20-30 bucks and you get to be a part of a game that might be a hit...who knows
  10. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is great. I've played it since November 27 and, while there are some miscommunications and glitches, this game is overall great. It is still in development, but has many great features. There are a mid-range of weapons to choose from, with more on the way in the future. The map, over 100sq km, is big enough for the moment. I hardly ever run into hostile players, and nothing ofThis game is great. I've played it since November 27 and, while there are some miscommunications and glitches, this game is overall great. It is still in development, but has many great features. There are a mid-range of weapons to choose from, with more on the way in the future. The map, over 100sq km, is big enough for the moment. I hardly ever run into hostile players, and nothing of any hackers that have been reported. I've managed to get guns several times, as well as rare armor and items. As an overal game, I give it an 8/10, due to the fact it has some features missing and the developers are sometimes distant on information. Expand
  11. Dec 18, 2012
    The War Z is a lot of fun. I'd give it two thumbs up. One of the best things I love about this game is the death system. In most MMO's death is simply a minor inconvenience -- you die, you re-spawn at the alter with all of your gear, and maybe suffer some repair costs. In The War Z, when you die, you lose EVERYTHING and must wait out the revive timer before being able to play the sameThe War Z is a lot of fun. I'd give it two thumbs up. One of the best things I love about this game is the death system. In most MMO's death is simply a minor inconvenience -- you die, you re-spawn at the alter with all of your gear, and maybe suffer some repair costs. In The War Z, when you die, you lose EVERYTHING and must wait out the revive timer before being able to play the same character again. This really makes death in this game significant. No other game gets my heart pounding and my palms sweaty like The War Z. When you have a backpack full of loot, and you hear the sound of footsteps from another player, or gun shots nearby..... Oh man, it's game on! Expand
  12. Dec 18, 2012
    The WarZ is still developing and i think it got great potential, i like the sandboxy aspect of the game atm. The biggest problem being the hackers and the really hard start for new players. Lots of things need to be fixed but im pretty sure the evolution will come quickly.
  13. Sep 12, 2014
    I have played since day 1 alpha and experienced the ups downs of the game it is not for the soft core player, only the hardcore competitive get up again spit in your face don't give a $^&* PLAYER.

Funnest Competitive tactical shooter I have ever played, most satisfying loot system (Killing Other Players). As a survivor game its all about surviving other players not the world. Some

As a survivor game its all about surviving other players not the world.

Some bugs make people hate it, game breaking ones are always fixed.

Hackers ruin the game make it unplayable without them i would need no other game.

Pros Awesome loot system, Tactical team driven survival against players. spawn near death, a lot of armors,Weapons, bullet drop, vehicles, global inventory, die in a few shots.

Cons Hackers, minor bugs,content takes a long long long time to come out, Hackers, developer doesn't care about customers, Hackers. Private server so people can farm without risk store without risk. Hackers, Personal lockers to store some items in can be set down anywhere so you can hide loot if someone comes for you.
  14. Jul 29, 2013
    The game had a really rough launch and it was clear that hackers, bugs and other stuff ruined a big part of the game. The first day I tried it, I was alive for about 5 minutes when I was shot. I was like "Bullsh*t!". So after playing it a few days I really thought it was the biggest waste of money ever. So I had a break, but after a while it came to me that I've never experienced the sameThe game had a really rough launch and it was clear that hackers, bugs and other stuff ruined a big part of the game. The first day I tried it, I was alive for about 5 minutes when I was shot. I was like "Bullsh*t!". So after playing it a few days I really thought it was the biggest waste of money ever. So I had a break, but after a while it came to me that I've never experienced the same tension in a game like this before so I gave it another go. Yes, I was shot a few times again, but you can compare this game to let's say, Counter-Strike. If you haven't played it before you will start the game and get shot round after round, and so you'll ragequit. When I got back to The War Z, or now Infestation: Survivor Stories I managed to find some gear and a gun after working hard, and at this point today I am actually doing well, having some backup gear in my global inventory and always a gun and some bandages at my side. All the reviews I've read is stating that it was made to rob you from money by the real-money system, but looking further into it, you can buy almost the exact same things from in-game money which is dropped by zombies. And yes, you'll most of the time see 2 dollars, 4 dollars, 38 dollars, but it doesn't take many zombies untill you find a stack of 1000 dollars. I was so lucky to find 10k in a stack. Yes, the zombie AI is pretty low, but it is a dead guy walking. All zombies in every movies/game ever is stupid as hell. So, yes, the zombies are stupid and 1 zombie or 5 zombies doesn't compose a big threat, but when you find yourself in the middle of the night in an airport, or militarybase, and the noise you make suddenly requires you to run or even open fire, those 500 zombies who rise from the grass and chases you suddenly becomes a bigger priority than anything else. When people complain about being shot all the time, I can't help to think it's their own fault. You run around on a big map, and of course you wanna get from point A to B as fast as possible, but if you start running in a straight line on an open road you make yourself a human target. That's why there's grass, trees, crouch and prone mode to sneak around. Check your back, stop up and look around, before charging into a town or city. I think the people behind was at the same stage I was at my first few days. When you get into it, this game is so amazing and has so much to offer. They have great graphics, the atmosphere is tense and depressing so you really get the feeling that you are all alone, and there's no dear momma. You will never feel as frightened as when you hear a nearby gunshot, or when you see another player walking around. It's like when you hear a noise in the dark all your senses are are crystal clear and focused in a split-second. I've never stumpled upon a game that gives the same excitement as Infestation: Survivor Stories when you find a nice item, the same reward whether it be loot or just the feeling inside, when you've won a fight or the same tense feeling when you see or hear any sign of another player because you'll never know if it will be you or him who leaves alive.

I'll give it an 8. It has been out for half a year now and they have had plenty of time to make even simple fixes. Implementing Punkbuster seems to have gotten rid of hackers (and still is, as you find your chat spammed with players who are banned!) Infestation: Survivor Stories is a game that puts you on the edge of your chair with a raised heartbeat and adrenaline pumping, it is truly a game worth giving a(nother) shot!
  15. Dec 21, 2013
    Jogo muito FODAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  16. Dec 27, 2013
    Since the beginning of the game, people have been B*tching about how the Devs are so terrible, and people even claimed that they planned on sacking the project and running away with our money.
    Here we are, almost in 2014, and not just is the game still around, it's better than ever! There are VERY FEW issues, that I've experienced in my ~240 hours of game-play, and playing CO-OP with a friend is the highlight of the game.
    The Devs have learned from their early mistakes, and are doing things much more professionally now. I do not consider myself very good at this game, but it's still fun to play, and well worth the $7.49 that Steam is selling it for right now.

PROS: Easy to learn, (compared to other games like DayZ), fun Solo or CO-OP game-play, constant developments in the game make it interesting.

CONS: Graphics are 50% good, 50% bad Example: The graphics in the background (mountains, trees) is quite good, where as the close up graphics (Zombies, melees, weapons) is quite bad. As a new spawn, you will probably be gunned down by a long time player, with a machine gun.

Overall I would highly recommend the game. I've played about 240 hours off-and-on, and it's still such a fun passtime. Also, those of you who have declared the game terrible in the past: I urge you to try playing it again. The newest updates have greatly improved the game.
  17. Dec 29, 2013
    Is currently the best and most complete game of survival! There is nothing when it was warz! Complete system of crafting, reputation and experience, but is still in development.
  18. Apr 9, 2013
    It isn't better than Dayz and won't be, however this game is worth playing for $15. The game continues to prove every 2-3 weeks with updates, so it's not a dead game. Also, it would be better with a better anti-cheat software for hackers. I'm playing this game while I wait on the Dayz SA. Hopefully, I can keep playing this game as it has a ton of potential. The game is fun now, but beIt isn't better than Dayz and won't be, however this game is worth playing for $15. The game continues to prove every 2-3 weeks with updates, so it's not a dead game. Also, it would be better with a better anti-cheat software for hackers. I'm playing this game while I wait on the Dayz SA. Hopefully, I can keep playing this game as it has a ton of potential. The game is fun now, but be warned that you can't trust anyone (for the most part) like in Dayz (lol). I think people hate this game because it's a tough game and the hackers. I would give it a try if you like zombie games. 8.3/10 is the rating I'd give it. Expand
  19. Aug 7, 2013
    Great game, getting better now just taking a little bit of time here and there. Game in my opinion was released early and had many bugs which is why many people complained the game was bad for Hackers etc... The game still remains to have Hackers on but from the 200 hours i've played of it i've only ever witnessed possibly 1 and he got banned too. The developers are hunting down on hackersGreat game, getting better now just taking a little bit of time here and there. Game in my opinion was released early and had many bugs which is why many people complained the game was bad for Hackers etc... The game still remains to have Hackers on but from the 200 hours i've played of it i've only ever witnessed possibly 1 and he got banned too. The developers are hunting down on hackers and are concentrating on bringing in new updates to make the community happy. From what i've seen the Hammerpoint company have been looking into the game more and have been trying to release some awesome new stuff. Only problem i would say is the 'Market place' i dont really like the idea of it. It makes an unfair advantage to players who can buy things and to players who cannot. Also GC is quite pricey in the Market place and items have been given a higher GC count for example; the personal locker was 110 GC the next day i checked it was 250 GC...
    Overall this game has been fun and exciting to play especially with a team! I just hope the company decides to not ruin the game too much and improve by adding things the Community wants more often.

-Fix the bugs
    -Fix the FPS for players with certain PC's
    -Add cars? Add the new maps?
    Game would be 10/10 then hopefully!
  20. Jan 7, 2013
    "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma--which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." -"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma--which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." - Steve Jobs - February 24, 1955 - October 5, 2011 RIP Expand
  21. Feb 3, 2013
    ok i dont know why people complain so much about the game its very good. people say there is so many bugs and glitches keep in mind its still in beta still far from release so stop complaining nowhere near done ive killed so many people complain about getting killed by hackers ive been killed once by a hacker out of 2 and a half months of gameplay a lot of times people kill you becauseok i dont know why people complain so much about the game its very good. people say there is so many bugs and glitches keep in mind its still in beta still far from release so stop complaining nowhere near done ive killed so many people complain about getting killed by hackers ive been killed once by a hacker out of 2 and a half months of gameplay a lot of times people kill you because they see you 1st and they keep watch of you and when they think its a perfect chance to attack they attack sometimes you can try to come back sometimes no they instantly kill you that means they hack? no means either you suck or there just a better player so people have to stop complaining just cause they suck or they got killed they start whining and report so yea i recommend this game for zombie lovers stop listening to all the haters just cause they suck at the game thats ignorant Expand
  22. Jan 14, 2013
    so Warz is a super cool game you just do not get in the game with a rating on it is good or bad and spend a little more than an hour on it any time with a friend but quickly becomes caught up in it and can not get enough there many bugs but you do not think much about it when you first started with the
  23. Mar 11, 2013
    This is the best game ever 10/10 must buy, most innovative game of the year. Beautiful graphics, fascinating lore, brilliant story, deep character design. What more can I say? Get this game now, what a bargain for just $15.

Just kidding lol.
  24. Mar 22, 2013
    "Haters gonna hate." I can truly say that this game is underrated due to the hater.There were mistakes which the game's company did but this reason can't make the game trash.They're trying to make this game better nowadays.They release new updates at least once in 2 weeks.That's good for a game which is still developing.If you're reading this post and about to buy this game, just buy"Haters gonna hate." I can truly say that this game is underrated due to the hater.There were mistakes which the game's company did but this reason can't make the game trash.They're trying to make this game better nowadays.They release new updates at least once in 2 weeks.That's good for a game which is still developing.If you're reading this post and about to buy this game, just buy it.I believe that other reviews are written on purpose to damage the game... Expand
  25. Dec 19, 2012
    You guys are too rough on the game. Yes they did advertise features that are not yet present, but the game right now is quite fun. Actually, I play a LOT of games, and this might the one where I've had the most fun with my friends, ever. You form a squad, hold tactical positions and formations, learn to properly communicate, then hop from town to town hoping for good fights. The onlyYou guys are too rough on the game. Yes they did advertise features that are not yet present, but the game right now is quite fun. Actually, I play a LOT of games, and this might the one where I've had the most fun with my friends, ever. You form a squad, hold tactical positions and formations, learn to properly communicate, then hop from town to town hoping for good fights. The only downside right now are hackers, but they are working on it.

This game is NOT for you if you want PvE, this is a PvP game. Zombies are not a threat at all in this game.
  26. Feb 12, 2013
    This is a great game, the Dev team is now doing a great job! I haven't seen a hacker in a LONG time, Server Hoping is now almost impossible, new items being introduced into the game, lots of map work/implemented features being added/improved. The game has improved ALOT since it was released into testing. But everyone till needs to remember it is in BETA, it's not officially released yet.This is a great game, the Dev team is now doing a great job! I haven't seen a hacker in a LONG time, Server Hoping is now almost impossible, new items being introduced into the game, lots of map work/implemented features being added/improved. The game has improved ALOT since it was released into testing. But everyone till needs to remember it is in BETA, it's not officially released yet. It's not a clone either like everyone says it is...It's called Competition! They have every right to create a game that is similar to DayZ, all they wanted to do was try to be in the market as well. Expand
  27. Jan 20, 2013
    I have been playin Warz since november and really enjoy it. I have yet to expericance any bugs with it and play almost every day. I have been killed a couple times by hackers over the 2.5 months but that happens now and again on most online games i've played. The developers could definately have handled the customer expectations better and been more upfront/honest on the actual gameI have been playin Warz since november and really enjoy it. I have yet to expericance any bugs with it and play almost every day. I have been killed a couple times by hackers over the 2.5 months but that happens now and again on most online games i've played. The developers could definately have handled the customer expectations better and been more upfront/honest on the actual game features and proposed future features but its still improving and worth a try. You never know you might like it too! Expand
  28. Jan 21, 2013
    Keep crying carebears. Not the games fault you can't handle the post apocalyptic world. Advice: Join a clan. Mine is ripping it up. I'm loving this game. Updates are slow but I'm patient.
  29. Dec 19, 2012
    Although the developers have been a bit misguided and have miscommunicated some things I still think the essence of the game is there and will only get better with time
  30. Dec 21, 2012
    First thing to know: This game is a work-in-progress. You can get this game for about $15. You can spend more, but that will be for in-game-currency. These items you would buy will not be yours forever. These items can be taken from you upon death the second you take them out into the world of The War Z. Any item you have is able to be taken from you when killed (by players, theFirst thing to know: This game is a work-in-progress. You can get this game for about $15. You can spend more, but that will be for in-game-currency. These items you would buy will not be yours forever. These items can be taken from you upon death the second you take them out into the world of The War Z. Any item you have is able to be taken from you when killed (by players, the environment or the zombies), unless you store them in your item-bank. Many are angry from not understanding that this is the type of game you are going to play. There is no holding hands, there is no "noob friendly" gameplay. People in this game are ruthless, and people that help others are very very few and far between. You'll be Killed on Sight almost everytime, so you have to play smart and watch populated areas until you can safely move.
    If this is the kind of survival simulator you are looking for, then this game will be awesome for you. The goal is simple: How long can you survive, and are you good enough to go out into towns, cities and the wilderness to find supplies, ammo, weapons, food and possible companions to help you... And now, can you make it back to a safezone alive and safe with all that loot so that you can store it for later adventures?
    Many will try, only a few will succeed. Are you going to be one of them? The world is full of bandits, raiders, deuche-bags, and those that find absolute joy in killing you and taking your spoils of war.

If you want a flowery wandering and wonderful experience of fairies and lollipops, don't even get close to this game. It is brutal and unforgiving, but if you love a challenge, strategy, patience to watch and wait for that perfect moment to take action, then this game will give you the satisfaction you want from a hardcore game.

Day/Night cycles. Night is brutally unforgiving, the whole screen is basically black with the audio of the zombies and the footsteps of other scavengers trying to hunt you, or find the supplies you need and are looking for. Only the stupid use their flashlights to see... that just lets us know where you now are...

In-game bank, to store your spoils and lootz of war (if you can make it back alive, when you go back out you can re-equip from your bank as needed)

The Cons: The game is still being worked on. There are a lot of rough edges, the developers are still adding game elements and changing rules and game mechanics every few weeks, so you must be able to flow with that, becuase the game is still in its basic stages. But for $15 this game is awesome. There are no friends list yet, you can only do "Clans" right now to keep/find buddies in the game. The Pros: Some servers run with 100 players at once, and I've experienced NO LAG during those times, I run a slower computer and the game is smooth on my screen. Where you aim, is where you hit, I haven't had any LAG aiming problems. This game is rough, but for what you get (not all selilng points of the game are there yet), you get an awesome game-in-progress.

Best $15 I ever spent for a Zombie Survival Game Online! Graphics are "fine" for a $15 game. Audio is "fine" for $15 game. Don't expect AAA musical score, or graphics that would melt a $5k computer. But the overall-core gameplay is solid (survive, scavenge, PVP, and SURVIVE)

Don't listen to the haters. They wanted COD-meets-COUNTER STRIKE. They got The War Z instead, so they rage-whined and QQQ'd on metacritic here...
  31. Dec 19, 2012
    I think, that this game it's very cool. Of course, developers must change and fix a lot of things, but.. that's not the final version, so... ppl please stop crying and hating. In my opinion, these guys, want to do a really good game. I'm waiting for the new content.
  32. Dec 19, 2012
    The War Z is a great game for many different types of players. It does need development. Many people think that this game is a copy of the mod for Arma 2, "Day Z" if they could look more closely then they will see that this game was not a copy of it and it has some features that Day Z won't have.
  33. Dec 19, 2012
    From a player who bought the game from the beginning, it has been a roller coaster of wins/fails. Honestly the game isn't bad, but the Devs always change something that was fine were it standed, to something unusual or frustrating. But they do listen to the community and they are striving to create the game we want! Adding in .22 weapons, changing servers back to reasonable populations,From a player who bought the game from the beginning, it has been a roller coaster of wins/fails. Honestly the game isn't bad, but the Devs always change something that was fine were it standed, to something unusual or frustrating. But they do listen to the community and they are striving to create the game we want! Adding in .22 weapons, changing servers back to reasonable populations, testing measures to oppose hacking. They are trying! Now, about the game-play. The zombies arn't so terrifying as they should be one-to-one, but when you agro about 20 in town sh*t gets crazy real fast. The encounters with other players are very satisfying. You never know when someone is going to shoot you in the back, or drop you a hammer and be on their way. Shooting is very nice and gunfights are quite amazing and heart pounding. Loot spawns are pretty common now, food use to be real scarce and now drops everywhere! Guns can be found just about anywhere and anyone can arm up in the right spots with a new character if they're lucky.

So the game overall is fun, but now here comes the bad side. Hackers. They are still out there even after the Devs banned over 3000 accounts, they are killable, but very difficult. Server Hopping. One player can go to an area over several servers and loot everything. This hasn't been appropriately dealt with yet as the devs are working on more features and hackers.

So it's got it flaws, but soon enough this game will be a gem. Definitely look into if you if you want a great survival shooter.

Last note. Most of these really low ratings are completely over-exaggerated. Some people arn't cut out for it brutal world and others flame the game based on it's relevance to DayZ. Some people weren't fans of just a mod henceforth why I bought the game over Arma 2, which is much more realistic if that's your thing, but I prefer what Hammerpoint has to offer. Perhaps DayZ's Standalone will be something to look into when it's released.
  34. Dec 19, 2012
    Played it for several weeks now, and having played Day Z, this game is fun and more polished. Sure it's got a long way to go and they've made mistakes, but at $15 it's hard to go wrong.
  35. Jan 20, 2013
    Too bad this game got so much press bad before it even entered Beta testing. The gaming world has spoken, and the witch hunt is on. Obviously this is not a perfect game, there are problems with it, however a user metacritic score of 1.3 shows the shallowness of the metacritic reviewer. This is same mentality that gave mass effect 3 a 4.6, and modern warfare 3 a score of 3.3. The premiseToo bad this game got so much press bad before it even entered Beta testing. The gaming world has spoken, and the witch hunt is on. Obviously this is not a perfect game, there are problems with it, however a user metacritic score of 1.3 shows the shallowness of the metacritic reviewer. This is same mentality that gave mass effect 3 a 4.6, and modern warfare 3 a score of 3.3. The premise of this game is very interesting, open world survival mmorpg, and while the execution was somewhat lacking, there is nothing quite as tense as the PvP confrontations in this game. In 25 years of gaming I can honestly say I have never been as viscerally scared as I was after raiding for three hours and then having another player run into your view. There has been much made of server problems, hackers, and glitches. and while these were pretty widespread during the alpha, things have improved tremendously in beta. I will not argue that this game is a copy of Day Z however I will argue that every game is a rip off of another game somehow. EVERY game barrows ideas, mechanics, settings, art, enemies, from somewhere else, and we're better for it . This game is much more accessible than Day Z, there are random spawns so you don't have to worry about spawn campers. Additionally the controls aren't as complex as Day Z, the zombies don't instantly overwhelm you, you begin with a flashlight that you can melee and it is possible to run away if there are too many zombies. Overall I felt it was a flawed, but satisfying experience and for $20 dollars I've certainly gotten my moneys worth out of this game. Expand
  36. Dec 19, 2012
    This is good game, but people don't understand that is in development.
    I really enjoy the game.
    People have to just stop crying and wait for the dev team to work in the game. Just go a read the important threads in the forum and not just the crying threads . Also, you bought a game that don't cost too much comparing to other games so don't cry. By the way before buying a game,
    This is good game, but people don't understand that is in development.
    I really enjoy the game.
    People have to just stop crying and wait for the dev team to work in the game.
    By the way before buying a game, investigate it, see how the progress of development goes, in which state is the game.
    Come on guys you are only spoiled little brats crying because is not looking as the promotional images.
    You don't know how hard is the development of a game.
    Come dev team I trust you.
  37. Dec 19, 2012
    If you bought this game expecting it to be like DayZ.. I feel sorry you spent your money. DayZ's base game is an army simulator. There are certain features that will never be included in WarZ.

In my opinion WarZ is a great game concept. User interface is easy to use, game looks OK even though it still needs to be worked visually and performance wise and gameplay is not as stiff as DayZ.

I think the game should have stayed in Alpha/Beta stage a bit longer in order to get more polished and to have more of the features (such as the skill tree and friends list) working.

CONCLUSION: If you LOVE DayZ... If you enjoy the simulation features of it and how it plays... I don't recommend this game to you... But if you think DayZ is hard to master, you don't like simulation factor or some other thing is bothering you I say give this game a try.

People claim it's PAY 2 WIN... I say it's not.. I've bought the Survivor pack (cheapest pack) and haven't spent anymore than that and I have lot's of fun.
  38. Lys
    Dec 20, 2012
    Foreword: Before playing the War Z, I had not played DayZ, so I can't compare the two games. Though I will freely say, they're two different beasts, just with similar content matter.

Oh, and this is gonna be long. Deal with it. I originally purchased this game about a week after the initial release, after having some doubts as to whether it'd be worth the money. I'm not a

Oh, and this is gonna be long. Deal with it.

I originally purchased this game about a week after the initial release, after having some doubts as to whether it'd be worth the money. I'm not a tight-lipped person, by any means, but I wanted some off-hand opinions from people first. Aside from some major technical issues on the first day, which I can chalk up to server overloads, I'd heard mostly good words from my friends.

So, I figured I'd buy it. And I did. $20 well spent, in my opinion.

My first impression was kind of soured by getting spawn-killed by another player with a flashlight about 10 seconds after spawning. That I'm gonna chalk up to misfortune, because to date, it has not happened again. It IS possible to be killed by zombies upon spawning in the game world, but that happens as a result of poor player planning 90% of the time (read: logging out in a dangerous spot).

Starting off alone, I began playing with the lessons learned from the players on the forums; I didn't want to go in willy-nilly. Once you figure out that you have to aim for the head in order to do damage to zombies, you get a certain feeling of power over the game's PvE elements. As a result of one of the most recent updates, zombies have more or less doubled or tripled in number. You learn that stealth is the way to go, that you have to watch how much noise you make, that having a team by your side is near mandatory if you don't want to see the "You have died. Killed by zombies." screen too often. Don't get me wrong, it's going to happen. A lot.

Zombie Apocalypse + Trigger Happy Players + Unrestricted PvP = Many, many deaths = Losing your hard-earned loot

Many players are not trustworthy, and often the game devolves into a Shoot-On-Sight affair with other players as a result. This causes problems, because inevitably, defending yourself from 'Neutral' players will lead to you being branded a bandit. This isn't the game's fault; it's a result of players being given free reign and consequently going on rampages. I knew about it, and I went in with a 'Don't Shoot First' policy. For the most part, it hasn't worked, but on the few occasions where it has, when players begin to work together, the game truly shines.

Solo gamers are essentially punished; it is entirely possible to play on your own, but the game is infinitely easier when playing in a group. Getting surrounded by 10+ zombies without a gun while you're in a competent group isn't necessarily a death trap in a group. Taking on firefights as a team, through out-of-game VOIP (ingame VOIP does not exist as of yet, but it's apparently a coming feature), is a rewarding experience (well, if you win), and it makes the otherwise aggravating PvP element engaging and quite enjoyable.

The game is a bit glitchy, I will admit. Fall damage is a bit twitchy; sometimes going down a small slope will result in fall damage. The server is prone to kicking you out, though that might just be my connection failing miserably. The game engine has generally improved as time has progressed, however.

Please note: The game engine has seen significant optimization since the 31st of October, and it plays smooth enough for me now. I've been running the game on Lowest settings, on a 6-year-old iMac running WinXP, and I get between 5-20 FPS depending on the situation. I expect most players would be playing on comparatively better machines, so you'll be able to play on Normal/High/Ultra settings with ease.

Personally, I can't say much for the graphics. Playing on Lowest, I'm not really getting the full picture. But the current game map of Colorado is competently done. The place looks appropriately bushy, with okay-ish textured grass, mountains and terrain. The buildings aren't spectacular, but they look appropriately worn down and help to immerse you into the game. Minor graphical issues, such as Third Person and First Person views having different gun models for the same weapon, pop up occasionally, but I can understand that not being a priority for the game developers.

Sound wise, I'm not a big fan. The music is annoying, so I just turned it off. Ingame noises, such as the moans of zombies and firing of weapons, do the job of getting the point across. Annoyingly, the game randomly throws loud noises at you. I guess it succeeds in scaring the pants off you, but it's a cheap tactic. In regards to hackers, I've only ever had to deal with them a couple of times. I guess it's hit and miss, but they do seem to have generally disappeared.

Don't believe all the media attention and haters. Go play the game and formulate your own opinions.

To summarize: Go in with an open mind and a few friends. You'll love it.
  39. Jan 17, 2013
    Ignore the nerd rage, this game is COMPLETELY underscored. All these people bashing it are comparing it to Day Z, that's all they can do. That's like comparing Battlefield and Call of Duty, same concept, different game, both good. This game is in development and raters should grade it's gameplay and its potential COMBINED. Yes this game its problems but it is so much fun to play! Trying toIgnore the nerd rage, this game is COMPLETELY underscored. All these people bashing it are comparing it to Day Z, that's all they can do. That's like comparing Battlefield and Call of Duty, same concept, different game, both good. This game is in development and raters should grade it's gameplay and its potential COMBINED. Yes this game its problems but it is so much fun to play! Trying to survive and keep yourself away from people while looting towns is intense at times. It also has ton of potential when they add even more to this game, so go out and try it, and just ignore these ignoramuses. Expand
  40. Dec 18, 2012
    Have been playing this game since day One. Over time this game has been being constantly updating and improving. The game is fun while playing in a group. I paid 30$ for this game and can say having played it for 50+hours i have gotten my moneys worth. There are still problems with the game and not all features are in the game yet. I do however feel the devs are very unprofessional atHave been playing this game since day One. Over time this game has been being constantly updating and improving. The game is fun while playing in a group. I paid 30$ for this game and can say having played it for 50+hours i have gotten my moneys worth. There are still problems with the game and not all features are in the game yet. I do however feel the devs are very unprofessional at times and are trying to turn this game into something bad. Just recently they added a cost to revive your guy sooner so you dont have to wait 4hours. Now you do have 5 total characters and could delete them if they did die but you would be losing their stats, and for new players they will def. die 5 times within 4 hours of playing. The gameplay is fun and smooth minus some bugs here and there but i do enjoy playing this every day and the game keeps improving minus the revival cost. Expand
  41. Dec 21, 2012
    The game actually is how I thought it would be. I like the zombies and how you kill them, weapons are a bit common but yea... I know, the game has many bugs and **** but I still won't get a refund. Why? I see, that they try to fix everything and listen to the community. That's enough for me to trust them. I am looking for this to be a good game, but not in one week, not in one month butThe game actually is how I thought it would be. I like the zombies and how you kill them, weapons are a bit common but yea... I know, the game has many bugs and **** but I still won't get a refund. Why? I see, that they try to fix everything and listen to the community. That's enough for me to trust them. I am looking for this to be a good game, but not in one week, not in one month but maybe in 6 month this will be a really great game. The game was just released and since the alpha really many things has been changed and added. And just because some things are copied, it doesn't mean the game suck. Would you rather use the first phone on earth, or a Samsung Galaxy? I would prefer a Samsung. Actually, I would give this game 10 points if they would fix the problem with the hackers, because the game is fun. But something annoys me: The mainstream cities. You go to a popular city and you see like 10 people in 5 minutes. I know, it's actually good if you're not alone, but 10 people... If they would hollow out more buildings, people will actually travel to different cities and not to the big ones. BTW: I hate to spawn at safe zones. Expand
  42. Dec 19, 2012
    I purchased the game right before the Steam release. I like it. It is tough, fun, and rewarding. There are flaws, but what game doesn't have them. I look at this as I pre-ordered a game with beta access. There is all kinds of hate about it being called a foundation release. Call it what you want, they called it an alpha/beta and then a foundation release with out any changes. I hateI purchased the game right before the Steam release. I like it. It is tough, fun, and rewarding. There are flaws, but what game doesn't have them. I look at this as I pre-ordered a game with beta access. There is all kinds of hate about it being called a foundation release. Call it what you want, they called it an alpha/beta and then a foundation release with out any changes. I hate the 4 hour respawn timer. I like the idea of being able to pay to revive but not with the 4 hour timer. I would be happy with a return to the 1 hr timer with an option to pay to revive early. There has been quite a bit of community mismanagement and PR issues but that doesn't take away from the game itself. If I were in charge I would say the game is in beta but you can pre-order (at full price) for early entry. Gear is relatively easy to get so early entry isn't a killer. The game needs polish and fill out of features but the overall game play is great. Expand
  43. Dec 20, 2012
    Still in development, has potential !!! Some bugs but really good. New and cool features are coming in the future. More maps will be available. Beware of aggressive players !!! Most people will just kill you without talking first just because of fear !!!
  44. Dec 22, 2012
    This is seriously, the best game I've played all year. I have no idea how this masterpiece has a 1.1 average. WTF are you people playing. Obviously not the War Z. The animation quality is stellar and it makes combat a great pleasure. It's tough, but once you have a weapon it really feels like an authentic zombie survival experience. But the thing which most impressed me is how fair theThis is seriously, the best game I've played all year. I have no idea how this masterpiece has a 1.1 average. WTF are you people playing. Obviously not the War Z. The animation quality is stellar and it makes combat a great pleasure. It's tough, but once you have a weapon it really feels like an authentic zombie survival experience. But the thing which most impressed me is how fair the micro transactions are. You get useful upgrades and cosmetic options which I feel are really worth the money. It's great to run around with a firemans helmet and enjoy the game with a couple of friends. Well worth the money for the game and the countless dollars I've spent on revivals, hats and virtual food.
    A few more notes on this game: I LOVE how fall damage works, it's so realistic, and I like how it makes you think creatively to cross a river. I mean, swimming makes no sense, the water would probably be infected.
    Overall, a great experience which I would thoroughly recommend to anyone interested in quality fps zombie survival mmos.
  45. Dec 21, 2012
    Very fun with minor problems here and there. I will recommend this game and for newcomers to be patient with everyone playing the game. True you will probably be killed the first 10 times but after a while you will start to get the hang of it and then you can play with maximum fun. Don't fret and be patient greatness comes with patience
  46. Jan 7, 2013
    Remove hackers,hoppers and the game is perfect.The War Z has many aspects that make me enjoy it far more than i ever did with DayZ. I would definetly recommend it to other people who are fans of zombie games.
  47. Jan 24, 2013
    The War Z is, by all counts, an interesting game. The hacker counts are falling, the reputation system has started up, and some of the long awaited features look to be on the horizon. The game still has the problems faced by similar venues, where the gamer population seems to have no interest in working together, but if you get a group started, things become exponentially more fun. ThisThe War Z is, by all counts, an interesting game. The hacker counts are falling, the reputation system has started up, and some of the long awaited features look to be on the horizon. The game still has the problems faced by similar venues, where the gamer population seems to have no interest in working together, but if you get a group started, things become exponentially more fun. This game with give you a time well worth the $15 it costs now, and will only get better. Expand
  48. Feb 27, 2013
    I have to admit, this game has had a bad start and with that went it's reputation, but now at least you can see new interest in the developers and as of right now, my interest for the game is rising and with all the haters out there, how do you expect for the game to be better if the community doesn't allow it, how do you expect for the game to rise when people are pushing it back down, II have to admit, this game has had a bad start and with that went it's reputation, but now at least you can see new interest in the developers and as of right now, my interest for the game is rising and with all the haters out there, how do you expect for the game to be better if the community doesn't allow it, how do you expect for the game to rise when people are pushing it back down, I have to say that it isn't that the game is bad, it is the game's community (not all of it) for the game that is bad and I think that with the right push, and the right acknowledgement from the whole gaming community we may see this game become an outstanding MMO RPG but, with a good contribution and effort from the developers and the gaming community.
    PS: The developers have yet to open their eyes and see that their game is still in Beta.
  49. Jan 7, 2013
    So; all this hate. I don't agree in the last 2 weeks; they have released a patch and for tomorrow another is scheduled. They have finally implemented their anti-hack and are perma banning now. The game is fun, and is truly a survival mmo zombie game. Problem with days is its engine; its holding it back. the game will never look any better. while on ultra the War Z looks actually prettySo; all this hate. I don't agree in the last 2 weeks; they have released a patch and for tomorrow another is scheduled. They have finally implemented their anti-hack and are perma banning now. The game is fun, and is truly a survival mmo zombie game. Problem with days is its engine; its holding it back. the game will never look any better. while on ultra the War Z looks actually pretty nice.

SO I GIVE MY HONEST OPINION Thanks for your tiome.
  50. Jan 8, 2013
    Despite all the negative critiques, the game is fun to play with friends and very addictive. What spoils the game is that it was released too fast and with too many problems.

I hope the developers put everything promised because the game has great potential!
  51. Sep 27, 2013
    This game needs more recent reviews. In the past year it has updated and made so many changes that half of the negative points made in every bad review have already been fixed and addressed. I think its heading on a road of improvement and it just needs some time to get it wrong the first couple of shots at it. Honestly the community is the worst part about this game. If they had PublicThis game needs more recent reviews. In the past year it has updated and made so many changes that half of the negative points made in every bad review have already been fixed and addressed. I think its heading on a road of improvement and it just needs some time to get it wrong the first couple of shots at it. Honestly the community is the worst part about this game. If they had Public PVE only servers i would be playing it every single day. I mean dont call it a zombie game if other humans are the greatest threat! Unless you adapt and find a method to play whilst there arent any humans around you, its an okay experience. It could be ten trillion times better as a game if it dropped the lone wolf pvp style approach but made it co-op left for dead style, sure keep the losing your items upon death feature but add an option for zombie enthusiasts that arent simply looking for just another sandbox call of duty pc game that you hack in. Seriously the co-op a d hackers need fixed and it would be prefect! Enable an option, request pvp duel or you cant kill ppl. That way pve-ers can safely encounter pvp'ers. So many better ideas could be implemented than what is already at hand. Expand
  52. Dec 19, 2012
    Game is doing just fine slow in progress but its getting there , people on steam should of youtube the gameplay first before buying i know i did ..... to sum it all up game is great and has alot of potential
    its worth every dollar ........... KEEP UP THE GREAT JOB
  53. Jan 8, 2013
    The game is a work in progress far from done. Did my research before buying it. Love the game.... Tired of all the haters. It's got fps or 3 rd. kill or be killed... It's the ultimate survivor game.
  54. Mar 27, 2013
    People are way way way to rough on this game. They constantly update and tons of features were added. Plus nobody who reviewed it actually bought it, its just a parade of IGNnorant 10 year old fanboys with no life. They say it sucks, but if you watch the review they just repeat what IGN said. Give it time. Its very fun. I dont see a problem with the Gold Credits score, its not like you canPeople are way way way to rough on this game. They constantly update and tons of features were added. Plus nobody who reviewed it actually bought it, its just a parade of IGNnorant 10 year old fanboys with no life. They say it sucks, but if you watch the review they just repeat what IGN said. Give it time. Its very fun. I dont see a problem with the Gold Credits score, its not like you can buy guns or anything like that, just food, medicine and knives and hats. Expand
  55. Dec 21, 2012
    For a £15/$15 you can't go wrong, for a game which is in its 'Foundation Release' stage it has come a good way since its release on the 15th of October and it is still being updated and will be for the foreseeable future.

It most definitely has its issues and there have been some terrible mistakes when it comes to the marketing of the game but this isn't about the tactics the company use and its mistakes it made with these tactics.

This review is about the game which some seem to forget, giving this game a 0 or 1 is complete BS because everyone knows it deserves more then that.

The games graphics aren't going to blow you away but to be honest if thats why you play games, you shouldn't be playing games.
    The art style is nice and fits the zombie genre.

The gun play is fairly simple and doesn't take a genius to use but if you know anything about the genre, you'll know the gun is not your best option and thats where the melee combat comes in which again is simplistic as it should be. It provides a good variety of weapons with a varying degree of damage.

There is one map at the moment Colorado which provides a variety of terrain and locations with cities, towns, gas stations and Ski resorts too explore and find loot in.
    Most server have a max of 50 players with some allowing 100 players.
    There are plans for more maps with the next planned to release in June, the California map.

The game is not PvE and has a focus on PvP as well as the zombie aspect, I won't lie you will die....a lot.
    The community is not the greatest but there are players out there who will team up with and provide more communication then the barrel of their gun.

There is a marketplace which you can spend in-game currency on which is collected by killing zombies who also give EXP which is used for leveling up and having skills (This is a planned feature, the skill system has not been implemented as of this review).
    You can also buy GC currency with real money to buy items for convenience such as food and drink but you can not buy guns, there are a few ammo types available and cosmetic items like hats.
    You can also buy some melee weapons but these are common in-game. (All purchasable items can be found in-game if you do not wish to use the shop).

You can have upto 5 characters with two gameplay modes, Normal and Hardcore.
    In Normal mode, when you die you lose all items on the player but keep the character and all its stats (Also skills once implemented), there is also a lockout timer where that player is not use-able, right now its at 1 hour but this may change at a later date.

Hardcores difference is that when you die, you die.
    You lose your character and can not use it ever again.

At the moment there are many features that are missing but are planned for the future, they will likely all be in before the end of 2013.

If you want to have some fun in a zombie survival MMO for a low price (unless you wish to spend more, though it is optional) then you should give WarZ a chance, ignore the trolls and haters and look into the game yourself.
    Make your own decision.

If you don't like it there are The Dead Linger and DayZ (Stand-alone) which may meet your zombie needs better but don't simply disregard The WarZ, give it a chance....it may surprise you.
  56. Jun 16, 2013
    The War Z is a great game. I have been following it since about 8 months ago. Reading reviews, searching for what I could. I also purchased it on Steam when it first released and was shortly taken off. I think the Developers and Creators did a great job. I think the community is where the problem actually was. When I purchased The War Z I understood I was buying a game that wasn't finishedThe War Z is a great game. I have been following it since about 8 months ago. Reading reviews, searching for what I could. I also purchased it on Steam when it first released and was shortly taken off. I think the Developers and Creators did a great job. I think the community is where the problem actually was. When I purchased The War Z I understood I was buying a game that wasn't finished yet. I didn't care I wanted to play it and test it and be there for the ride but I know that a lot of people don't read the fine print and they join and get upset when they find out it isn't what they think it is. Thats not the developers fault. Thats the customers fault. Its 2013 and we all know that the customer is not always right and we have seen that some customers just want to make a seen to get attention or even a monetary gain. Its the sad truth but moving on. I have seen the updates launch, I have seen cooperation from the developers at Hammerpoint Interactive and I have seen improvement in the game play as well as the community. I have played with others as well as played by myself. I have died, I have lost money, I have gained valuable items and ultimately gained more than I have lost. I see constant updates on their facebook and website informing everyone of important updates. A few months ago I would have agreed that playing this game for long periods of time would have felt like homework because it needed so many improvements but now I can say that playing it for a few hours on end feels quite normal. It has its lag filled moments once in a while but honestly what game hasn't had those moments at least once or twice in their history. Its smooth, its fun, its a huge area to explore, and its got that surprise and suspense element with trusting other players. The War Z requires a rare type of skill for gaming: Judgement... Without good Judgement you will find yourself getting killed constantly by other players. If you can learn to read people and probe for answers and learn to reasonably bluff you will find that you will get what you want way more often. Unfortunately that goes for both sides. Expand
  57. Jan 8, 2013
    Relay fun game , especially with friends . there is still some important things to be fixed . i think this game have a good potential .
    i believe in this game
  58. Apr 5, 2013
    I'm not here to claim the game is perfect; It's far from that. What I will say is that I have logged almost 200 hours on this game, largely with a group of college friends, and it is one of the most satisfying MMO experiences I have ever had, despite its flaws. Yes, the AI is glitched. Yes, there are still some game mechanics that were promised by the developers that aren't in the game.I'm not here to claim the game is perfect; It's far from that. What I will say is that I have logged almost 200 hours on this game, largely with a group of college friends, and it is one of the most satisfying MMO experiences I have ever had, despite its flaws. Yes, the AI is glitched. Yes, there are still some game mechanics that were promised by the developers that aren't in the game. For the $15 I payed for the game, I have been more than happy with the play I have had. The developers haven't been as active as they probably should be, but I enjoy the game, and that is what is most important for me. Expand
  59. Dec 20, 2012
    Firstly, comparing this game to DayZ is a non-sequitor, since while they are in the same genre, they couldn't be much more different. DayZ is a more of a pure survival horror game, whilst WarZ is fluffier and generally more user friendly than the Arma II engine, which is clunky and outdated. Are there issues in WarZ? Yes. Most of these issues are beta related, since it is still in thatFirstly, comparing this game to DayZ is a non-sequitor, since while they are in the same genre, they couldn't be much more different. DayZ is a more of a pure survival horror game, whilst WarZ is fluffier and generally more user friendly than the Arma II engine, which is clunky and outdated. Are there issues in WarZ? Yes. Most of these issues are beta related, since it is still in that phase. If you don't want an unpolished, unfinished game, don't play WarZ. For those with sour grapes, you should have done your research before buying. Once again, don't be mad about a game's description if you don't research the game. Steam descriptions aren't always the full story. The game isn't perfect and it won't be for some time, but it has come a long way since its alpha release, when there was an even tinier map, server issues, rampant hacking, and generally low usability. Give the game a chance if you like survival horror, it might just surprise you. Expand
  60. Dec 20, 2012
    Alright so I have taken a tour around the internet and have seen all the hate this game is getting and on some points these people are right the game is broken, but in no way is it a waste of money and it also does not cost money to create a clan, it is not pay to win the stuff you buy is all optional all fairly easy to find on your own it is all for convenience it's not necessary theAlright so I have taken a tour around the internet and have seen all the hate this game is getting and on some points these people are right the game is broken, but in no way is it a waste of money and it also does not cost money to create a clan, it is not pay to win the stuff you buy is all optional all fairly easy to find on your own it is all for convenience it's not necessary the marketplace with real money is restricted to mostly cosmetic items and ammunition everything good like night vision and weapons all cost in game money which is fairly hard to get since you only get about 100$ for 5-10 zombies it's a random drop and you need thousands. Sure it has some bugs too but for 2 1/2 months of released developmental I don't think anyone should be complaining I have also seen hate on the controls and to be honest the question I might ask these people is are you retarded ? It's the same standard controls as most controls used in most shooters with the slight exceptions of the added features you would expect in a game like this. Last but not least to those who say this is a DayZ rip off there's one thing I have to say... and that is sure it has similar elements but those are expected in a standard zombie apocalypse game and to be honest I would consider Day Z to a piece of **** because honestly it's not that good I can't say The War Z is much better but I can honestly say half the people who hate on this game have never played it never will and are just being fan boys about DayZ if you wish to purchase this game go ahead you have nothing to lose I find it extremely fun if you have a nice group of friends to play with but until then shut the **** up with the hate give it some more time and most things will be fixed and if you have seen all the people saying there are thousands of hackers I have ran into 3 since I started playing and those were before they banned those 2000 some odd players they might not all have been hackers but it did get rid of a lot of them. The overall gameplaywww.metacritic.comf 10 if you have some friends if not it's slightly less enjoyable but still fun these games always need a couple friends to go around with. Expand
  61. Dec 19, 2012
    Been playing since release in Oct 16th and have been having lots of fun! still more stuff to be added, but the devs listen to the community and the updates are regular and add great new stuff :) 10/10 because it has so much replayability and has a bright future. Don't listen to all the negative reviews, they're just getting caught up in all the drama surrounding WarZ
  62. Dec 19, 2012
    Well, I have voted 10 because I really think, I've got what I payed for. The game has it unique chaotic atmosphere of survival. Not all the features are available yet but devs are releasing up to 3 patches a week!
    I would definitely suggest the game to Zombie fans!
  63. Mar 30, 2013
    If your not a hate-wagon follower or a dayz fanboy and you have archived some grade of maturity in your life, feel free to read me If you are a blind hate bandwagon follower, 15 years old or a day z fanboy, go right ahead and rate my review down, walk away and be happy After all, this game isnt as bad as everyone makes it out to be. While i do agree that the game often goes intoIf your not a hate-wagon follower or a dayz fanboy and you have archived some grade of maturity in your life, feel free to read me If you are a blind hate bandwagon follower, 15 years old or a day z fanboy, go right ahead and rate my review down, walk away and be happy After all, this game isnt as bad as everyone makes it out to be. While i do agree that the game often goes into directions that the playerbase doesnt want this game to go, the game at its core is fun, lots of fun.. The pure insolence that all this so called "Professional and Mature" game magazines have delivered here simply makes me want to rip my hair out It should be 100% clear that this game is far from complete. Since the big hate outbreak that some people started, out of pure self-intrest, the game has improved itself over and over again, engine optimazations have been done, the melee is finally challenging, the world has been improved, houses have been opened, some textures have been enhanced, and so on; And it keeps on going, week after week, day after day it becomes a more and more immersive experience. With my gaming knowledge, starting at the 16 bit era i can honestly tell you that you should give this game a honest try and bring the senseless hate to a halt. Im also telling you that im in deep love with day z and that im eagerly awaiting standalone... After all, i think two great games are better then one, right ?The developers seem to have alot of mercy with the hackers.. It usually goes like this, person "a" hacks, gets reported, the developers take a look at the screenshots that fairfight does of the persons UI, wich detects and shows all signs of ESP, and person "a" finally gets banned! Person "a" cant believe it, spams the forum and writes a support ticket and cries to everyone on how bad this game is, gets unbanned and the process repeats. And so do the simple haters, or fanboys that keep on scaring people off that wanted to buy the game It is sad to see it with a clear mind, it is sad how overpopulated the internet is, with young raging players and immaturity.. It is 15 bucks, it IS a fair price. Im playing this game since it came out, and havent been banned nor kicked nor warned once... Dont listen to those people and give it a try! It really isnt as bad... I am also sorry for those people who really got banned without a reason and i want to make myself clear that i am not talking to them or want to offend them in any way... Thats enouth of my wobble, so, pick it up (or dont) Expand
  64. Jul 2, 2013
    So, I have been looking at this game for a while. I watched a ton of videos about how to play and what to expect. I'm not the biggest fan of Zombies and can't really stick with man MMO's other than WoW. However, I gotta say, I just bought this and its not half bad. I mean, it was only $15. Which I know for some people is a lot of money. Also, in regards to principle, yes I'm aware of whatSo, I have been looking at this game for a while. I watched a ton of videos about how to play and what to expect. I'm not the biggest fan of Zombies and can't really stick with man MMO's other than WoW. However, I gotta say, I just bought this and its not half bad. I mean, it was only $15. Which I know for some people is a lot of money. Also, in regards to principle, yes I'm aware of what happened at its release. I'm aware of what happened. I can't say that I agree with it nor support it. However, aside from that the game has improved GREATLY. The graphics are much more crisp. The lighting can be spectacular. Now, there is the cash shop, however, its really not pay to win. I have just a good a chance to get a drop on you as you have on me. A few well placed shots and poof your stuff is mine :)
    I think that Hammerpoint got the message. Both from the players and Steam. They have apologized for how they went about their practices. Look, is that game worth a zero score...no. Not even close. Is it worth a ten. Nope. However, is it worth your time. Most definitely yes. Looting is challenging and its rewarding to find items. Much of what they promised is now in the game. Outside of cars and any vehicles, which I wish there was. Walking everywhere is pain. Also, there are a lot of areas that really don't have much going on so it can get a little slow at times. However, once you get the idea of where to loot and the battles surrounding those areas, you'll appreciate those places. Also, yes when you die you lose your stuff. I like that they kept that. It makes it a much more tense game at higher population servers.

Its worth your time, trust me its not "Battleship The Video Game" bad. And that game cost $60 on release day.... It's no Sim City. And with a few friends its really really fun.

Hope that helps. Have fun and see you out there.
  65. Dec 19, 2012
    I am a frequent player of The War Z and to be honest I do enjoy the game a lot. I do die a lot as well but that is besides the point.

I may not agree on how situations are handled however I still take my hat off to Sergey and the rest of the team. The game has a lot going for it and in time it will get better. I for one can defiantly not pull such a game like this off and I am sure that there are not may other that can.

My main point to this would be that WE the COMMUNITY is making or braking this game, WE have had plenty of opportunities to give our input on the game and what WE would like to have and so far have they not made some of the changes that WE asked for? (Less players on servers, more Zombies, more loot) How long do you think this can go on before it all falls apart..

What I say here might be insignificant to a lot of people but I would like to ask just to ease up a bit..
    This game was created with the basic idea of Zombie survival and the COMMUNITY is shaping the game to the way they want it.
  66. Dec 19, 2012
    Very fun gameplay with zombie hords and good gfx. There are a lot of Player, all Server are filled up and you can make Clans and Play with your friends. 1-3 more months, and this game will be rocking the world!
  67. Feb 3, 2013
    I love this game, i don't know why people are so hateful on this game. It has a lot of potential, maybe you guys are missing the fact that it is only in beta. It is an amazing game.
  68. Dec 18, 2012
    War Z is a really good game in the last stages of development, there are some issues that the dev team is working on fixing and a lot of people do not understand or care about the issues they are having which explains the large number of e-hate. Also School holidays is on now so a lot of kids have nothing better to do then hate on things they don't understand. If the game is given a chanceWar Z is a really good game in the last stages of development, there are some issues that the dev team is working on fixing and a lot of people do not understand or care about the issues they are having which explains the large number of e-hate. Also School holidays is on now so a lot of kids have nothing better to do then hate on things they don't understand. If the game is given a chance it will become a great iconic mmo that will last for many years as there is still a lot of content still unreleased in the form of maps, class skills and methods of transport. I vote 8/10 Expand
  69. Mar 9, 2013
    i pre-ordered this game glad i did, you people need to stop sucking on the balls of dayz arma leave us the hell alone. if you actually played the game or spoke to some of its real players maybe you would have a different opinion but no you are all small minded fools being led a merry dance. just get on with it, you play your game and we will play ours. all warz haters are dayz fanboys,i pre-ordered this game glad i did, you people need to stop sucking on the balls of dayz arma leave us the hell alone. if you actually played the game or spoke to some of its real players maybe you would have a different opinion but no you are all small minded fools being led a merry dance. just get on with it, you play your game and we will play ours. all warz haters are dayz fanboys, typical ain't it, trying to get the game to fail. i got news for ya, AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. Expand
  70. Dec 19, 2012
    These negative reviews are ridiculous guys. The War Z is a really good game, and I've had some of the most intense firefights in my 26 years of gaming in this game. Is it true that Hammerpoint has been less than awesome at communicating with their community? Yep. Is it true that their Steam page was copied and pasted from their website with features that weren't in the game yet? Yep. HasThese negative reviews are ridiculous guys. The War Z is a really good game, and I've had some of the most intense firefights in my 26 years of gaming in this game. Is it true that Hammerpoint has been less than awesome at communicating with their community? Yep. Is it true that their Steam page was copied and pasted from their website with features that weren't in the game yet? Yep. Has the development been painfully slow? Yep. However, the game's zombies are really fun and there are lots of them. The PvP is amazing. Pick this game up and give it a try yourself, and ignore these RhinoCrunch trolls and the bandwagon of DayZ fanboys. This game will get your heart racing sometimes :) Expand
  71. Mar 22, 2013
    I do not understand the hater of this game. The War Z is still developing game and owners trying to make the game better. I believe it is %100 worth to buy.(do not listen to the hater)
  72. Mar 24, 2013
    The game has potential and is very enjoyable, i found myself enjoying it more then any other survival game. I would honestly recommend this to all my friends.
  73. Dec 19, 2012
    the problem with this game is.. people didnt research before they bought this game. i however love it. so..it sucks if you dont like it. just means more zombies for me :)
    NEXT TIME: do your research before buying a game.
  74. Dec 19, 2012
    Haters gonna hate of sure, this game is absolutely fascinating and scary.playi'n since alpha,so why u continue giving 0 vote?Also about 400 of people giving negative review never played this game.Page steam is now ACCURATE and for 10
  75. Dec 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game has a lot of hype. More bad than good I would say, especially just looking at these reviews. A lot of the negative hype are day z fan boys. Sure great, no worries. What many of these posts don't realize is that the game is still in beta. The price was not reduced to 15, it has always been 15. Anyone that spent more gets in game currency equal to what they spent and other perks. Nothing game changing, things like private stronghold servers and such. I have played the game through alpha and into beta, alpha was rough. It was hacker plagued. The hackers have been reduced, and now that it is launching through steam and with the "new anti-hack" out. Which I think is the same anti-hack but with the consequences of hacking a game on steam attached. You kids won't want to lose your steam account will you? The threat of hackers should be greatly reduced. To kozzy420 or anyone that bought the game through steam, I'm not sure how it shows the game, but any research into the game, like 5 seconds into google and you could figure out it is in beta. And come on for 15 bucks you could do a lot worse! I have paid 60 bucks for crappier x box games that I spend less time with than I have with war z. Either way I like war z better than day z at the moment. I will try the day z stand alone but will definitely keep my account going. This is a good game with a ton of negative hype, but don't listen to the people saying they are rushing the game. The game is in beta, so it is still a work in progress, they have already tested skill trees, but have found they need more work to be in the game, so they said they will not have them done this year. Does that sound like rushing? No it sounds like a smart choice by them to not rush something as integral as a skill tree.

The baby gamers of the new generation need to suck it up and clan up. Get together with some people, hold down a town or go explore if you want. We had six of us build a stronghold in the clearview small grocery the other night then call the server out. Told them we had all sorts of good loot, which we did. All of us fully armed with plenty of ammo, barricades for our building, all had body armor and helmets. We held it down for a good hour and a half with lots of action. There was maybe two to three separate groups that showed up. They were doing most of the fighting at first, then the winners tried to take us down, but they were hard pressed. They had a sniper up on a hill with no shot on us, and kept poking their heads into the market to try to get us. They did get two of us, I got two kills, a buddy got two as well. We lost another to the sniper as he tried to loot. We sent him out after we killed a bunch in the town. He came back in and we were able to loot a lot of the stuff. We had to use another barricade in the middle of the street so the sniper couldn't kill us as we looted. It was different, and it was a lot of fun.

Watch a short clip of part of the battle.

Here you can watch us celebrating the holiday.

Here you can watch a zombie montage, the night stuff isn't great. Hard to film at night. Need night vision!

The game is what you make it, but you can't survive on your own for too long. Only a matter of time, clan up, it is an mmo in that sense. For 15$ this game is a bargain. It was always 15! Not a quick cash grab as the haters say. Don't waste your money? I'm sure almost all of you have wasted 15 dollars on more. You don't need gc to play the game as many say. It helps speeds your revival time for about the same cost of a baseball bat. You can't buy guns. You can buy a very limited supply of ammo. The key though as I said you need to clan up, groups of three are decent for going around, but the more the merrier! Enjoy the holidays!
  76. Dec 21, 2012
    People are ridiculous and just being dayz fans. This game is a work in progress and many of the arguments they use are no longer valid, like server population and the amount of zombies. I'm not sure why there is a lot of hate towards this game and it's devs but it has been misplaced. I think a lot of the anger stems from it being a difficulty game especially if you play alone, people getPeople are ridiculous and just being dayz fans. This game is a work in progress and many of the arguments they use are no longer valid, like server population and the amount of zombies. I'm not sure why there is a lot of hate towards this game and it's devs but it has been misplaced. I think a lot of the anger stems from it being a difficulty game especially if you play alone, people get frustrated when they make no progress I get. Well make a friend, I play with the same guy every time and we do swimmingly. The devs are actively updating the game and asking the community for input i really don't get what all the rage is about. Expand
  77. Dec 25, 2012
    Very good survivor MMO, not for the weak of heart or for people who don't like to work hard to get things and possibly lose it all in an instant.

Similar to DayZ with significant differences and in my opinion leaps and bounds better. Ultima Online hands down funnest game I played growing up and I wish more games these days were like that where you can lose everything you have worked to get in the blink of an eye. Too many games these days are designed to work with you to accomplish things instead of make you work for it. Just so new readers know, I am reading through the reviews and like 70% of what I am reading they have already fixed or implemented as they said they would. Such as bugs and majority of hackers banned and the 100player private servers....

This game is a breath of fresh air when compared to games like WoW, BF, CoD, Diablo, Crysis, and whatever other popular games that I play but just can't really enjoy to it's fullest because they are simply too easy and I feel like I am getting my hand held along the way.

I love the adrenaline that pumps through my system at the thought of hearing footsteps running around or especially seeing that guy walk around the corner with an assault rifle, or hearing that crack of a sniper...

There are bugs still granted it is expected for how new it is and they are still working on it. There are several designs about it that are similar to DayZ, but most games are like all other games to be frank. Guildwars, LoL, WoW, Dota, SW, etc.etc. all similar playstyles and all got ideas from other games. Overall great game great experience even though I do get pissed off when I get killed after I spent so much time on it and lose all my stuff before I can get to my global inventory.

Chances are most people hate this game because it is similar to a game they have already played, heard rumors it is a rip off to another game, or they just don't like to work at video gaming.
  78. Dec 23, 2012
    There is a lot of potential in the game. I think that the game is fun but just needs some more time to develope. Mistakes have been made by the developers but I still have faith in them.
  79. Feb 23, 2013
    Even if this game has bugs,glitches ,and unfair player killing.this game is actually not that bad there coming up with more updates more guns more items and more maps.And who could
    forget the character customization.It just had a bad start.
  80. Oct 17, 2013
    Most of the negative reviews for Infestation:SS are due to a buggy (and arguably incomplete) launch of the game. The game has gotten much better since then. You'll either love or hate this game. I love it. It's very challenging an not very noob friendly but once you get the hang of it it's a rush. And with the developers working hard to improve it, it has the potential to be a 10 out of 10Most of the negative reviews for Infestation:SS are due to a buggy (and arguably incomplete) launch of the game. The game has gotten much better since then. You'll either love or hate this game. I love it. It's very challenging an not very noob friendly but once you get the hang of it it's a rush. And with the developers working hard to improve it, it has the potential to be a 10 out of 10 (that is, after they add vehicles, give a PVE area and extra water for noobs, and get punkbuster to quit kicking people). IDK if the PB kicking issue is the game or just PB but that is the only major bug I've had trouble with. Give it a chance, it's addictive! Expand
  81. Dec 18, 2012
    Love this game, just waiting for private servers, once i get my own server then my life will be nothing but War Z. I'm kinda getting bored with the pvp aspect of it atm, not that i die alot, just that i would like my own server to actually be able to kill zombies with a gun w/o worrying about a bandit hearing me.
  82. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is just excellent. I played DayZ before, and then I heard about this game when I stopped playing DayZ. I was excited to see how it were, then I first thought this game was going to be a fail because it is a "MMO", and then my friend convinced me to play the game because it wouldn't suck. There am I, playing this game, enjoying it, but, Hammerpoint should listen more to theThis game is just excellent. I played DayZ before, and then I heard about this game when I stopped playing DayZ. I was excited to see how it were, then I first thought this game was going to be a fail because it is a "MMO", and then my friend convinced me to play the game because it wouldn't suck. There am I, playing this game, enjoying it, but, Hammerpoint should listen more to the community. They don't accept bad critics about the game, but they need to accept it in order to make the game better.

Why this game is considered a MMO: because of the Skill Tree. You can learn new skills (unimplemented yet). I don't know how it will work, but I think WarZ didn't need that.

When I first played this, I kept getting killed and then I was like "F*CK I DIED WHY DID YOU DO THIS MOTHERF*CKER?", but then I just realise that the game is still fun, even when you die. I kept laughing at how the guy killed me, which makes this a good game.

MY FINAL REVIEW: Good game, if you want to try it out, ask your friend that bought it for a Guest Key. That way, you'll not spend any money on the game if you don't like it.
  83. Jan 11, 2013
    Yes, the game isn't finished. Yes, they show features on there website that haven't been implemented. Yes, they should really still call it Beta. Given all that, it is still the most fun I have had playing an online game in years.

Sure, other players will kill you in a heart beat. Sometimes you will be spawn killed. Most of the hacker problems have been fixed, but you might still be killed by one once in a while.

It's a survival game. Don't trust anyone. Toe up to any single zombie and bash him in the head, even with the lowly flashlight, and you will win. More than one zombie after you then run. Scavenge food and drinks you will need them. Scavenge armor, weapons, and bigger backpacks, they are quite rare. Don't run around with you flashlight out and telling everyone where you are, Don't run around out in the open in daylight. People are more dangerous than zombies. All in all the game is a flat out rush. try it. Ignore all the day-Z fanboys.
  84. Feb 10, 2013
    I don't understand why everyone hate this game. I could even say it has the same quality as DayZ, and probably a bit better. The graphics are great, the game server does not lag at all. Of course, there has some problem with releasing the game on Steam with some features that are not yet in the game, but the game is great as it is right now.

I haven't met any bugs, any hacker, and only

I haven't met any bugs, any hacker, and only one glitch. But I know that the hackers are really here, but Ive never been killed by a hacker. The game has a great potential and I really want to see how they will have implemented the features they announced when they released the very first version of the game. They don`t work really fast, maybe because of their lack of experience that some people think they have, but at least they deliver what I paid for when I bough my Legend package.

You may read a lot of negative critics here or on other sites, but these are only DayZ fanboy who doesn't want to see DayZ be forgotten. Also remember that when someone don't have a problem with it, they don't always write a critic about it, because they think that someone else already did, and the score is high.

Buy the game if you like zombies game, it is cheaper than DayZ right now and totally worth the 15$.
  85. Mar 30, 2013
    War Z is one of the few games of this genre, and is still in development.
    The game is better every day, and many of these negative scores are the alpha and the beta of the game, the game has improved a lot.
    Many fixes were made, many bugs fixed, and the game is getting great.
  86. Dec 21, 2012
    This is a great game in the making, it does have bugs and glitches, but I have spent MANY hours and I have had a great time. I agree that the Steam sale was brought too soon though. But for us who bought the game from the original website, we knew exactly what we were getting. Most of the bad reviews here is form people who havent even played the game. Before they talk good or bad aboutThis is a great game in the making, it does have bugs and glitches, but I have spent MANY hours and I have had a great time. I agree that the Steam sale was brought too soon though. But for us who bought the game from the original website, we knew exactly what we were getting. Most of the bad reviews here is form people who havent even played the game. Before they talk good or bad about something, I suggest them try ir first, otherwise they are nothing but sheep. Expand
  87. Dec 22, 2012
    I bought this game and was confused like everyone with missing features. But it was only 13 dollars and 2 weeks later im still playing the game. Game is not a usual mmo. Its throw a bunch of people into a world with the best resources in a few places on the map, zombies all over and then see what happens. What i have seen so far is some amazing pvp. Huge fire fights in the middle of theI bought this game and was confused like everyone with missing features. But it was only 13 dollars and 2 weeks later im still playing the game. Game is not a usual mmo. Its throw a bunch of people into a world with the best resources in a few places on the map, zombies all over and then see what happens. What i have seen so far is some amazing pvp. Huge fire fights in the middle of the woods. Killing people, then trying to take loot before the other players show up. Also working together to clear major zombie areas to gather loot. I have not been hacked in over a week and that hacker failed anyhow. The paided items are horrible items. I find better its in a few minutes. People complaining about this game dont seem to know how to play games like this, same concept as WOW or any other mmo. If someone is camping an area leave that area. Its easy to run away and not get shot in a game full of trees. Yes trees do stop bullets. Expand
  88. Jan 4, 2013
    This game is amazing, the graphics style is excellent and the amount of guns should keep you entertained for a while. 10/10 Has no bugs and no hackers. Perfect game, thankyou Hammerpoint.
  89. Dec 19, 2012
    Please read all the rage reviews in here and tell me how many of them actually talk about the actual game in general and not small features or faulty details. NONE. That's right. They aren't reviews, but just haters that probably haven't played the game for more than an hour. The game has had a growing community since before the Steam release for a reason. I have played this game after itPlease read all the rage reviews in here and tell me how many of them actually talk about the actual game in general and not small features or faulty details. NONE. That's right. They aren't reviews, but just haters that probably haven't played the game for more than an hour. The game has had a growing community since before the Steam release for a reason. I have played this game after it was released as an alpha to the general public, and I can firmly say that have never had so much fun in such a long time. First, this game is not for everyone. It is an MMO FPS SURVIVAL PVP Zombie game which focus on PvP. The game is meant to be rough. No party system or anti friendly fire for example, gives realism to the game. A death penalty of 4 hours per character and lost of all carried items (lootable by other players), creates a survival of the fittest like environment full of tension and gratification at the same time. The War Z look and sound very good, with many details that gives incredible realism to the environment. Is the only game that I've played in a long time that can urge both emotions of great joy or sorrow by the same system. Hear a gun shot, and ether you hide/run for your life or you get filled with valor rushing to find the conflict. This game is hardcore, very hardcore, you could lose hours of farming in an instant just because, for example, you got killed by some stalker that waited till you got distracted with a zombie, but you could also cut hours by executing similar strategies. This is not COD or similar games. You have to think where to go, how to get there unnoticed and most importantly look carefully at your surroundings. You have to keep moving in order to find food and drink to stop hunger or thirst which can eventually kill you, thus preventing camping for long periods. You can run by yourself or hunt loot or players by joining a clan. I have personally experienced many moments of tension, happiness and fear that I will never forget. Felt Incredible joy after killing very farmed players or finding extremely rare items, followed by total fear and/or sorrow by encounters with other players. The global inventory, a place where you can store items for latter use without fear of losing them, has become a memory storage of those moments.

In terms of content and delivery, developers are constantly listening to the community, improving on many aspects of the game and giving life to community ideas. The game has changed so much since the Alpha, which can only be explained by its fast development. The War Z, as a game has technically improved over its source game idea (DayZ) and over its source game engine (War inc) in many ways. So don't get fooled by people who say that the game is just a rip off or some modification of another game/engine. However, it is also technically far from perfect. Glitches, malfunctions and in some cases, lack of details or basic functionality are present in the game. These has been slowly disappearing but some are still present and can affect the gaming experience for some players. In conclusion, this is a very challenging, entertaining and fun game that blast players with great tension and emotions. It is not technically exceptional, but has demonstrated growing improvements over time, with one of the best community-pleasing developers group that I have ever seen. If you don't believe what I say, just look for online stream shows at Twitch.tv or any other site and look at the player's face for the reason why this game is so good.
  90. Dec 19, 2012
    i have fun playing is that not what matters?

its not a scam ignor the trolls they just gota hate for hates sake

..................................................................................................................................................................................
  91. Dec 20, 2012
    This game is great, it is the money hungry CEO that is ruining the game. The Dev's are working their asses off, while Sergay makes promises and deadlines that are unrealistic and are impossible to obtain. I feel with the feedback currently being provided from the community, and the compassion that the development team is showing to the community, this game will only provide great things toThis game is great, it is the money hungry CEO that is ruining the game. The Dev's are working their asses off, while Sergay makes promises and deadlines that are unrealistic and are impossible to obtain. I feel with the feedback currently being provided from the community, and the compassion that the development team is showing to the community, this game will only provide great things to come in the near future. Collapse
  92. Dec 22, 2012
    i do like this game despite all the hype and its problems but this game has a TON of potential. yea theres hackers but so has every online game... as its still in alpha/beta it will have problems/glitches...and the devs change stuff BUT as least they ask every 1 what they think and if the change was bad they correct it... overall i have spent many hours on this and YEA ive been killed byi do like this game despite all the hype and its problems but this game has a TON of potential. yea theres hackers but so has every online game... as its still in alpha/beta it will have problems/glitches...and the devs change stuff BUT as least they ask every 1 what they think and if the change was bad they correct it... overall i have spent many hours on this and YEA ive been killed by hackers a few times... and yea i got pissed when i lost all my stuff to some 1. but thats all part of the fun..... hope they continue to improve it.. and cant wait to see how good it will be in a few months... Expand
  93. Dec 19, 2012
    I have been a gamer for 15+ years and this is a GREAT game. My clan has flocked to this and played it every day for the last two months. We will play this AND DayZ standalone. Both offer different gameplay expierences. Best put, WarZ is the COD version of Dayz. It is much more casual friendly versus DayZ. Do not mistake this for being an easy game though. The learning curve on this game isI have been a gamer for 15+ years and this is a GREAT game. My clan has flocked to this and played it every day for the last two months. We will play this AND DayZ standalone. Both offer different gameplay expierences. Best put, WarZ is the COD version of Dayz. It is much more casual friendly versus DayZ. Do not mistake this for being an easy game though. The learning curve on this game is huge, but rewarding. I am not good with reviews, so I will type a normal night for my clan.... Scout gets a vantage point over town. Team of two approaches the town from the east. Team of two approaches town from west. Scout calls enemy positions. Team one assaults and push enemy into ambush setup by team two. Collect loot, move to next town. A lot of fun and stratgy comes out of this game. Expand
  94. Dec 19, 2012
    This is a good game with a company that is really bad at communicating to it's customers. There are a lot of really cool upcoming features. As of right now, aside from DayZ (which is a different play style), there are no other games like this. Take it or leave it.
  95. Feb 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Its a good game after copple of patches and now its nice game when you play with friends or in clan its a awsome game! the beginning of warz is bad now its a very nice game! Expand
  96. Feb 27, 2013
    Many have criticized this game did in Alpha stage.
    This game is good, still needs a lot of corrections.
    It has good gameplay, beautiful graphics and provides plenty of fun!
    I hope the team keep up the good work to solve ALL the problems we are facing.
  97. Mar 5, 2013
    I have played this game for a few months now and while it certainly has his flaws, I severely enjoy it as of today still. It has steadily been improving with patches and updates and for 15$, I would say this definitely is a great one in my book.
  98. Mar 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game is 10/10 this is what i need to tell.
    All are saying this is a game but is not,just let them make it better let them time.
    This is what i want to say abut this game
  99. Mar 7, 2013
    um ótimo jogo, no istilo que eu gosto, dificil, bem dificil, recomendo a todos!!!
    o pessoal que esta colocando o jogo como fraco, aposto que foram pegos com hack
  100. Jun 26, 2013
    Great game getting better by the week.Hackers being taken care of quick and now there fixing the loot spawns. If you did not like it before but you only play on a reg server try to make friends with someone that has a pvt server and your game experience will go up.
  101. Dec 20, 2012

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.