1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 4014 Ratings

1. Dec 19, 2012
    A Huge Persistent World: The War Z is an open world game. Each world has areas between 100 to 400 square kilometers. Well there is only 1 world at the moment, which is roughly 100 sq. km. So the latter half is a complete lie.
    Explore, Scavenge, Kill, Survive: You are one of the few survivors and must navigate the desolate countryside exploring cities and scavenging for items. This, sure, fine.
    Play with Friends: Hundreds of Servers to Play on and you can also rent and create Public or Private Servers allocating spots for Friends or Clans. Rent and create public and private servers... Nope.
    No Classes check, No Levels check, No Caps ??? check?: Create your own survival campaign, gain experience points and spend it to learn dozen of available skills Yep, can gain experience and can buy ski... WAIT WHAT??
  2. Dec 19, 2012
    Game is absolute **** Full of hackers. No support from the forums/devs. Get banned from the forums for having a valid complaint. Had to contact my bank just to get a refund, because I have put in more than 15minutes into the game.
  3. Dec 19, 2012
    Without playing any previous title designed by Hammerpoint, I had humble expectations of The War Z. Upon joining in its Alpha Phase, I was pleasantly surprised at the gameplay, visuals, concept, etc. as well as the perceived interactivity between the developers and their community of players. However, this luster was short-lived... After a few months, the title released to Steam in aWithout playing any previous title designed by Hammerpoint, I had humble expectations of The War Z. Upon joining in its Alpha Phase, I was pleasantly surprised at the gameplay, visuals, concept, etc. as well as the perceived interactivity between the developers and their community of players. However, this luster was short-lived... After a few months, the title released to Steam in a SLIGHTLY "improved" version of the title at a reduced price. This was already a bit of a stab to those (like me) already spent more on an incomplete game. On top of that, I was made aware of some press releases concerning the issue of the game's incomplete nature and the blatant misuse of Steams 'game description' section. In these articles, I had to remind myself that a game developer - no doubt looking for a career in gaming - was the one answering the questions rather than a slightly handicapped fifth grader. I was astounded at the immense lack of professionalism accompanied by this uncouth nature in press. The developer goes on to blame the community for the lack of positive reviews... The community... He created... For his own game. A developer - yet, a human - that persists in not taking responsibility for his and his company's failures nor any form of reformative action does not deserve a consumer's business. The developer was lucky enough to have lured me in and I am made a fool for buying into this mess of a game. I would urge anyone to not make this mistake. It is clear that the funds of this game have not gone to a team anxious to hire new talent, buy new software (like an actual anti-cheat engine), or seek outside assistance to provide a better product - rather, I feel the funds have provided a higher standard of living for those who have not earned it. This game will be removed from my computer immediately, and I will give this game the rightful score of zero (0). Expand
  4. Dec 19, 2012
    This pathetic excuse for a game is nothing but a cash grab, and a polished turd. No, not even that, just a turd. I've been playing it since the very start and it's not any fun. It looks like arse, it runs like arse, it plays like arse. It's arse. The end.
  5. Dec 20, 2012
    This game is the biggest pile of **** since Big Rigs Racing. It's an obvious rip off of Day Z and the developers are **** I bought the game a couple of months ago directly from the website and I requested a refund a couple of weeks ago. I really tried to give this game a chance, I really want it to be good, but it's not in any way and it was most likely a get rich quick scheme requiringThis game is the biggest pile of **** since Big Rigs Racing. It's an obvious rip off of Day Z and the developers are **** I bought the game a couple of months ago directly from the website and I requested a refund a couple of weeks ago. I really tried to give this game a chance, I really want it to be good, but it's not in any way and it was most likely a get rich quick scheme requiring VERY little effort by the developers (models, texture, animations are directly copied from their F2P game War Inc.) and it shows. If you want to play a REAL zombie survival game, play Day Z, this game has nothing on Day Z and that is a free mod. Not to mention all the screenshots and gameplay that come from the developer are complete fabrications. I was supposed to get a discount for buying into the beta early, but it cost me nearly $30 when it cost only $13 now? Trust me, DO NOT waste your money you will regret this purchase. Expand
  6. Dec 20, 2012
    This game is an alpha mod of War, Inc, with the developers charging players money to play. It's being advertised by its developers as something it is not, including history of development and game features. Though this is not surprising given that Sergey Titov, the head guy at WarZ, has a history of half way developing budget titles and abandoning them once initial sales are made. See, forThis game is an alpha mod of War, Inc, with the developers charging players money to play. It's being advertised by its developers as something it is not, including history of development and game features. Though this is not surprising given that Sergey Titov, the head guy at WarZ, has a history of half way developing budget titles and abandoning them once initial sales are made. See, for instance, Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing, noted as one of the worst games of all time due to advertised but missing features, a host of bugs, and lacking basic functionality like AI, physics modeling, or collision detection. In this light, WarZ appears to be another attempt, though more sophisticated, by Sergey at a cash grab. Expand
  7. Dec 20, 2012
    While scanning through the new games on Steam I stumbled upon "The WarZ". I heard about the game a few months ago but didn't really follow it's development. I loved DayZ and because this game is basically based on DayZ I thought it would be pretty cool. I was wrong. Only few of the features listed on the steam page actually existed in the game. The game runs like crap. I don't have theWhile scanning through the new games on Steam I stumbled upon "The WarZ". I heard about the game a few months ago but didn't really follow it's development. I loved DayZ and because this game is basically based on DayZ I thought it would be pretty cool. I was wrong. Only few of the features listed on the steam page actually existed in the game. The game runs like crap. I don't have the newest PC there is but I can run other games just fine on highest settings (including Far Cry 3, Skyrim etc). The gameplay is awful. Zombie AI is basically non-existent (they just zerg you, attack you from miles away and get attracted even while using stealth , loot is nearly impossible to find as a new player, you can't swim (???????? WHAT), sneaking feels very slow and buggy. The overall animations are really poor. Texture quality is on par with some very low-budget F2P games. The game isn't F2P, yet they have the guts of implementing a micro transaction shop which BTW sells ammo, food and other valuable items IN A SURVIVAL GAME! Also, if you decide to spend money on stuff like the hats, don't, you lose them once you die LOL.

Horrible, horrible game. Thanks for giving us a full refund and taking this piece of trash of your service Valve.
  8. Dec 20, 2012
    I voted 1 because of the work there probably was done. This game is a big scam because this is clearny not what they advertised for. I asked for a refund, they just blocked my account, and they never sent my money back. The graphics are like ages old, the game is not finished at all. This is just a money machine, nothing more. Every 3D objects come from a free to play game named War Inc.I voted 1 because of the work there probably was done. This game is a big scam because this is clearny not what they advertised for. I asked for a refund, they just blocked my account, and they never sent my money back. The graphics are like ages old, the game is not finished at all. This is just a money machine, nothing more. Every 3D objects come from a free to play game named War Inc. What's the point of making a new paid game based on a free one ? Expand
  9. Dec 20, 2012
    **** terrible game.
    Did I mention it's made by the same guy who made Big Rigs?
    Also,the moderators are terrible,will ban you for saying anything bad about the game or them.
    The developers are liars.
  10. Dec 20, 2012
    You've got some brass balls to steal from people in this day and age, everyone knows who you are Sergey, better watch your 6. The world doesn't take kindly to theft.
  11. Dec 20, 2012
    Hi guys, I'm here just to say one thing : Don't buy this game! Many features listed on Steam are completely missing. This "Sergey Titov" it's a liar! Just look at the War Z forums to see the problems, problems everywhere. PLEASE PLAY DAYZ, BUT DON'T PLAY THIS GAME!!
  12. Dec 20, 2012
    This is the worst peice of **** i have ever played, seriously , unbalanced and awful..., i seriously gave this game a chance, and to be fair the UI is pretty cool, but the bugs, hackers and gameplay is crap. its like how come you let this game be sold , its not even worth £1 let alone £10......
  13. Dec 20, 2012
    I was one of the suckers who bought this on Steam. Thank goodness for their expedited refunds. Aside from horribly misleading advertising, the game is awful. Even the promised "AAA graphics" are laughable. Not to mention a micro-transaction system inside a paid game. Many parts of the GUI seems broken, and the actual gameplay is terrible. I really cannot imagine that anyone thoughtI was one of the suckers who bought this on Steam. Thank goodness for their expedited refunds. Aside from horribly misleading advertising, the game is awful. Even the promised "AAA graphics" are laughable. Not to mention a micro-transaction system inside a paid game. Many parts of the GUI seems broken, and the actual gameplay is terrible. I really cannot imagine that anyone thought that this hot mess was ready to release as a finished product. It's an alpha and should have been thrown away. Expand
  14. Dec 21, 2012
    This game is 90% War Inc. Battlezone. They also lied and said it was being developed before DayZ, but that has proven to be false. It's a horrible game, boring, and a waste of money. All the developers really want is money.
  15. Dec 22, 2012
    Do not buy this game.
    even ignoring the controversy around this game's developer and steam and ignoring the perma banning of anyone who complains, this game still is a firm zero by itself.
  16. Dec 22, 2012
    This game is completely unplayable, its not even a game, you just pay money to be disappointed, i hope everyone involved in this game burns in hell. The game is unfinished and the developer has lied, cheated and tried to mislead everyone interested in this game. Its a sham, a scam and you should not even look at this game, buy it, or buy anything from this developer ever again.
  17. Dec 22, 2012
    BEWARE, THIS COMPANY IS SCAMMER. They definitely DON'T give you what they're offering (check the steam forums, gamespy, it's pretty much everywhere). And they insult they're community for asking them to be honest. More about the game, it's horrible. Free to Play/Pay to Win items. They just copied their horrible War Inc and added zombies. Crappy textures, crappy animations, crappy map.
  18. Dec 26, 2012
    By far one of the worst things I've buyed so far... Horrible customer service, some landmark are not accomplished or delayed. Hacking issues despite of the allegations of the "100% failproof anti-cheat system". I don't think this game has 2 years of development as they claim.
  19. Dec 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is TERRIBLE. The features are all crappy rip-offs of features DayZ has, and the Dev's wishlist is the same. The screenshots featured in advertisements are LIES. they feature actions that are literally impossible in the game. The clan feature is only available in the in-game store, usually a free feature in MMO's. The advertise dozens of skills yet the actual number is ZERO! The playerbase is also 60% hackers but so far most of those banned are innocent due too the poorly implemented "bait" pick-ups they use to catch hackers. The servers also crach inexplicably on a regular basis. The zombies AI is the worst I have ever seen, and i've seen some pretty bad AI. if you dont believe me check the steam forums for every positive comment their are dozens calling for a free refund. In conclusion there is absolutely no reason to buy this game especially when the vastly superior DayZ is FREE. Expand
  20. Dec 29, 2012
    The only thing more pathetic than the game play is how little effort the developers made to hide all the copyrighted material they stole. The main menu music is the theme from American Horror Story played at half speed. The banner art is copied Walking Dead cosplay photos from the Internet. Much of the sound files appear lifted from Day Z. The CEO blames nameless underlings, but theyThe only thing more pathetic than the game play is how little effort the developers made to hide all the copyrighted material they stole. The main menu music is the theme from American Horror Story played at half speed. The banner art is copied Walking Dead cosplay photos from the Internet. Much of the sound files appear lifted from Day Z. The CEO blames nameless underlings, but they continue to use the stolen material. Even the game's name is illegal, as it was denied a trademark for being too similar to Paramount's movie World War Z. Expand
  21. Dec 29, 2012
    Piggybacking the success of the DayZ Mod, False Advertising, censorship, and other controversies are many reasons not to get this game. It's best to wait for the DayZ Standalone instead of getting the game that is doomed by publicity.
  22. Jan 8, 2013
    Stay as far away from this game as possible, it's almost as if the developers went out of their way to make such an unprofessional, rediulous product. 0/10 for the game and 0/10 for the company behind it.
  23. Dec 31, 2012
    Poorly made rip off of Day Z. This game is loaded with hackers and the devs are a bunch of lying douche bags. Zombies have horrible animations! All the zombies do is run up to you and swing their right arm awkwardly. All the animations are **** and rushed. Every bit of foliage in the game for instance sways at exactly the same rate in unison left and right infinitely. Its comicalPoorly made rip off of Day Z. This game is loaded with hackers and the devs are a bunch of lying douche bags. Zombies have horrible animations! All the zombies do is run up to you and swing their right arm awkwardly. All the animations are **** and rushed. Every bit of foliage in the game for instance sways at exactly the same rate in unison left and right infinitely. Its comical actually. This game is possibly the biggest piece of garbage ever made. Expand
  24. Jan 4, 2013
    Do not buy this game it's a scam hammerpoint will shut down the servers without any warning as soon as it stops making money from its micro transactions an utter shambolic scam of a game that should be shot in the head and put out of its misery
  25. Jan 4, 2013
    The game almost gave me a day of really fun, but that was because of my friends playing with me, other than that it fails in everything. DayZ was 100x times better than this and it was a MOD, and now this company that already stole million dollars from costumers don't have the balls to say this is the 1.0 version and claims for FOUNDATION RELEASE, with nothing but lies...
  26. Jan 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This guy on you tube explains how disgusting the makers of The War Z are. It explains the lies, slurs, and false promises of the game and the developers. I have concluded with this video and my own experiance of the game that the only good things about this game are the promises that have been made and pushed back. The video does not discuss cars and vehicles in perticular but I must say that the promise made about them may take even 5 months to fufill. The developers of the game promised cars by the end of the year in a minor interview. The year's end has come and past but still no cars. Unlike the other promises, it has not even been said when cars will be introduced as far as I know. There was a list released of things to be seen in the upcoming 3 months and cars was not on it. They were promised and now I have no idea if they will even be added. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul8r5HN6k98 Expand
  27. Jan 5, 2013
    Absolutely the best for the blind .....
    Best refunding game of the year ......
    the company must release some download content such as anti-cheat DLC (lol .....
    all of my friend love this game's name (just the name .....
  28. Jan 5, 2013
    a DayZ rip off made just to cash in with fall advertisements. The game is full of bugs, terrible AI, full of hackers, terrible graphics, terrible animation, is pay to win, melee combat is boring (just hold mouse1 to hit a zombie +10 times to kill it).
  29. Jan 6, 2013
    This game simply tried to piggy-back from the popularity that Day Z received, simply thinking that having an engine that allowed combat would successfully create a survival game; please in your best interest sway as far away as you can from this game, their customer support is pure crap, you can't be refunded, you're just going to end up throwing your money away, I give it a few monthsThis game simply tried to piggy-back from the popularity that Day Z received, simply thinking that having an engine that allowed combat would successfully create a survival game; please in your best interest sway as far away as you can from this game, their customer support is pure crap, you can't be refunded, you're just going to end up throwing your money away, I give it a few months before the company disbands the project because they simply don't know what to do with it right now to fix the issues going on from hackers and bugs.. so please, avoid this game at all costs.. Expand
  30. Jan 6, 2013
    It had potential but the extreme number of hackers in the game completely ruins the experience.. not only that but there's numerous glitches to deal with and a complete and total lack of customer support.. I contacted support a few months ago for an issue and have yet to get a response.... I discovered Day Z after playing this mess and while it's not perfect, it's free and far more stableIt had potential but the extreme number of hackers in the game completely ruins the experience.. not only that but there's numerous glitches to deal with and a complete and total lack of customer support.. I contacted support a few months ago for an issue and have yet to get a response.... I discovered Day Z after playing this mess and while it's not perfect, it's free and far more stable .. I would strongly recommend avoiding this nonsense.. Expand
  31. Jan 6, 2013
    Purchased and supported the game from kickstarter 30$ package and was banned 1/4/13 for being a legit player who did nothing but fight hackers fairly. So even though this game is one of the worst of all time they will also unfairly ban you(their new cash grab scheme) stay far far far away from this game.
  32. Jan 7, 2013
    Please do not buy this game... I made a metacritic account just so I could warn people that this game is dismal. Look at Sergay's other games.. Remington Big Buck Trophy Hunt and Big Rigs 2... I'm not even joking google those games and that is a small taste of what you will get with this joke of a "game". It is half finished and they are selling it as a finished product... InfestedPlease do not buy this game... I made a metacritic account just so I could warn people that this game is dismal. Look at Sergay's other games.. Remington Big Buck Trophy Hunt and Big Rigs 2... I'm not even joking google those games and that is a small taste of what you will get with this joke of a "game". It is half finished and they are selling it as a finished product... Infested with hackers and fanbois... The forum mods are all jerks and the dev team has been caught hacking look it up on youtube... all around joke of a game. Expand
  33. Feb 14, 2013
    This is the worst game (copy of DayZ) ever created, this can be considered beta v0.01B, they should never sell this game, i hope they make a new game 100% by his own.
  34. jt1
    Oct 5, 2013
    WARNING!!!

My online game account was banned after I posted an objective review of "Infestation: Survivor Stories" (Aka "The War Z") on this site... Beware! Because of this, I decided to update my review of the game, while adding my review of the company(s) responsible... not that it will do any more damage to their reputation, due to their already "questionable" practices. In
    WARNING!!!

In addition to the boring "do nothing, walk-a-thon" of a game that it is (which hasn't seemed to change much long after its release).. the look and feel of it, is that of a free game engine, modded up and marked as a "release". I've created better prototypes by doing just that (minus insulting you by trying to take a dime for it).

I will never buy anything involving "Hammerpoint Interactive", or "OP Productions, LLC". When giving a negative opinion on a product, especially software, most companies will listen and take what the customer has to heart... but just as I was warned about, by other forum and review posters, my account was mysteriously banned shortly after I gave a less than favorable review. I still haven't received an answer from my support ticket, asking why.

I've never boycotted before... but I guess it's time to start.
  35. Apr 20, 2013
    A pathetic attempt at making a game. I have seen Indie games that are better than this. The WarZ is a scam that takes advantage of DayZ's popularity and tries to take customers money. People are randomly banned even when they are not hacking. Hackers are safe it appears. The micro-transactions should not be included. If you pay lets say $10 for a gun, You will either be hacked, Banned orA pathetic attempt at making a game. I have seen Indie games that are better than this. The WarZ is a scam that takes advantage of DayZ's popularity and tries to take customers money. People are randomly banned even when they are not hacking. Hackers are safe it appears. The micro-transactions should not be included. If you pay lets say $10 for a gun, You will either be hacked, Banned or killed in some way that is not your fault.
    You should NEVER pay the developers for this game.
    Rome was not built in a day but the WarZ was.
  36. May 9, 2013
    Have you ever wanted to walk around doing absolutely nothing for several hours, followed by getting so enraged by the terrible AI, meanwhile also slowly becoming sick to your stomach over extremely bad FOV? I didn't think so. The WarZ is a game released quite awhile ago by Hammerpoint, and it was an utter disaster. It was ridiculously buggy upon release, not to mention, it released at aHave you ever wanted to walk around doing absolutely nothing for several hours, followed by getting so enraged by the terrible AI, meanwhile also slowly becoming sick to your stomach over extremely bad FOV? I didn't think so. The WarZ is a game released quite awhile ago by Hammerpoint, and it was an utter disaster. It was ridiculously buggy upon release, not to mention, it released at a $15 dollar pricepoint. However, along with the release cost for an utterly broken game, Hammerpoint had the audacity to add a micro-transaction store into the game. This store sells hats of sorts which is fine, but when there is a store selling ammunition and weapons in a survival game, that is in my opinion the pinochle of That is by definition buying power. The user community I can't really blame on Hammerpoint, but I can blame on the users. Now, I know how often this word is thrown around, but I would go so far to say as most of the community is populated by either hackers, or fanboys who won't dare to let you criticize their precious WarZ, because clearly because they bought it, it has to be a good game, right? Wrong! The stealth system upon launch used to sneak by zombies was utterly broken, and the drops were overly rare, to a point where getting anything done was nearly impossible unless you wanted to invest more money into this pile of for a weapon and a sufficient amount of ammunition. I'm trying really hard to think of something positive to say about the WarZ, hmmmmm... nope, can't think of anything. If you want my advice, don't buy this game, don't have any involvement with this game, and if you do buy it, and if someones asks you, "Hey, have you played The WarZ," just say no, for your own good. Also, for the record before I finish typing, you can say, "Well, DayZ isn't much better." You're right, DayZ isn't much better, but DayZ is a free mod. Thanks to anyone who read down this far, I appreciate you taking the time to read a relatively long user-made review. Buh bye! Expand
  37. Aug 5, 2013
    Game is a scam. Give the option to "report" players. People get reported every time they kill someone. Friend got banned because he was good and too many people reported him. Don't purchase, just a scam. They probably banned him because he only put $15 and got too many reports. If he kept putting money in he probably wouldn't have been banned.
  38. Oct 24, 2013
    Bought the game, played with my friends for a while, stopped playing for 2 months then got perma-banned. 1 month waiting and still no response from the support. Devs don't care about giving a good service, they just want you to buy more copies of the game.
  39. Oct 30, 2013
    Such a terrible game and one that is just a scam for the people involved. The creators are not nice, and ban people from their forums and game on a whim. Stay away from this game.
  40. Dec 19, 2012
    Jesus christ this game is an utter train wreck, the devs cannot do anything to win me over. Their games steam page is one big **** lie and it doesnt appear that they will rectify it. 0/10
  41. Dec 19, 2012
    Money grab/scam. They're going to shut down all servers and cease development in 6 months. The game is still in an 'alpha' stage, with a huge amount of bugs and missing features. In the last patch, they increased respawn time from 1 hour to 4 hours, making you pay if you want to respawn faster. It's pretty obvious that the developer just wants to get as much money as possible out of thisMoney grab/scam. They're going to shut down all servers and cease development in 6 months. The game is still in an 'alpha' stage, with a huge amount of bugs and missing features. In the last patch, they increased respawn time from 1 hour to 4 hours, making you pay if you want to respawn faster. It's pretty obvious that the developer just wants to get as much money as possible out of this before abandoning it completely. Expand
  42. Dec 19, 2012
    DON'T

Better than big rigs I'll tell you that much.
    Unless you think big rigs was really good.
    You never know.

I won't buy it.
    Too many problems with this game.
  43. Dec 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Spoiler Alert! This game is **** You will not enjoy this game unless you are prepared to fork out additional money purchasing hacks or exploits which run rampant within the community. The game is a complete rip from their other game War Inc. which mind you isn't hidden at all, they've came out and said that it's just retexturing etc. To summarise the game, it was hastily made to capitalise on the hype that DayZ had created. Expand
  44. Feb 12, 2013
    well... here's the gist.
    I've played this game since october. i was promised a finished game in early november which still hasn't happened.
    bugs, hackers, freezing, and crashing are among my personal list of irritations. I also have friends who have had accounts randomly banned, and twice charged for the game on top of my issues. it deserves all the negative criticism it's gotten.
    well... here's the gist.

it deserves all the negative criticism it's gotten.
    why do you think it has no positive professional reviews? only bad.
  45. Jan 1, 2013
    Bought this game after playing DayZ via the official website ( which hasn't been updated since October). My biggest regret is not purchasing it on steam, because no refunds are available from the official site. The forums are heavily moderated to the point that any any negative posts about the game get deleted and the head developer in an interview with GameSpy showed no remorse for theBought this game after playing DayZ via the official website ( which hasn't been updated since October). My biggest regret is not purchasing it on steam, because no refunds are available from the official site. The forums are heavily moderated to the point that any any negative posts about the game get deleted and the head developer in an interview with GameSpy showed no remorse for the blatant lying on the game's steam description. Many features that where promised months ago have not been implemented such as having friends, a skill tree and rent-able servers. There is only one playable map, unlike the many the steam description advertised. Besides that the website claims that the map has an area of around 100 square kilometres meanwhile its actual size is around 10 square kilometres, here's proof: http://www.pcgamesn.com/article/how-big-war-zs-map. The game itself costs around 15 dollars but you can purchase in game currency to buy melee weapons and supplies which I find very shady. There are also many, many in game issues ranging from invisible walls far from the edges of the map, shoddy textures, the most hideous trees I have ever seen and taking fall damage while walking down a gentle slope. The game version is now 1.1.0 so it is not in alpha any more so that cannot be used as an excuse. Perhaps in the future this game will improve but for now stick with DayZ or wait for the DayZ standalone game that is rumoured to be coming out in this year Expand
  46. Feb 17, 2013
    The game started out with having loads of potential and HEAPS of room for improvement. There were missing features, bugs, glitches, hackers and more. Over time these have been ever so slightly addressed by Hammerpoint and to this day, are not fixed. There are STILL missing features that were originally promised, people are still able to glitch themselves onto roofs, bugs are everywhere andThe game started out with having loads of potential and HEAPS of room for improvement. There were missing features, bugs, glitches, hackers and more. Over time these have been ever so slightly addressed by Hammerpoint and to this day, are not fixed. There are STILL missing features that were originally promised, people are still able to glitch themselves onto roofs, bugs are everywhere and there are more hackers around than in any other game I have previously seen. And to add onto all this, the recent release of private servers has led to an uproar on the forums leading to a great MANY bans simply for people just voicing their opinion and criticising the game (many respected and well known people have been banned). Last, but not least, the game itself has unofficially not made it passed the Alpha stage, but officially it is a fully released game that is "always developing". It saddens me to think that a company that has achieved all this by lying and stealing has affected the gaming world and many. including myself, hope that other companies do not follow suite and do the same. All of this for a little money.. Expand
  47. Dec 19, 2012
    False advertising, and a terrible rip off of DayZ. It's horribly made, and the game devs tell more lies than truth. It's disgusting how little effort they put into changing this game from War Inc into Warz. 0/10 would not play again.
  48. Feb 9, 2013
    This game sucks It is utter rubbish, and quite frankly, valve should be ashamed of letting it on steam. It is an unfinished completely utterly unremarkable farce. If you spend money on this, you're very silly. Please don't reward this business practice I strongly suggest you send a bit of feedback to valve and ask them why games like this are available on their service It's a completeThis game sucks It is utter rubbish, and quite frankly, valve should be ashamed of letting it on steam. It is an unfinished completely utterly unremarkable farce. If you spend money on this, you're very silly. Please don't reward this business practice I strongly suggest you send a bit of feedback to valve and ask them why games like this are available on their service It's a complete disgrace. Absolute disgrace... Expand
  49. Jan 6, 2013
    Buyer beware. The fact that this game was removed from Steam should be all you need to know that it is a scam. Their current scheme is perma-banning honest users in order to have them repurchase the game. Anyone with insider knowledge knows this game will not exist 6 months from now. Save your money and buy Arma II on Steam to play Dayz.
  50. Dec 19, 2012
    If you buy this game before reading up about how it is all a big scam by the developers... you deserve to lose your money on this steaming turd of a game.
  51. Feb 17, 2013
    The development direction is so shockingly bad that regardless of how well they're able to execute their vision the game will always be terrible. No destructible/repairable vehicles
    3rd person crosshair name plates
    Hackers everywhere from day 1 below par graphics, animations, physics worst of all, terrible communications with the community during early stages and horrible management
    3rd person crosshair name plates
    Hackers everywhere from day 1
    below par graphics, animations, physics
    worst of all, terrible communications with the community during early stages and horrible management of upset customers. Not only do i regret buying this game but i'll never buy anything made by this development team again.
  52. Oct 27, 2013
    This game is pure the company is pure and the customer support is pure pile of Don't give you money to this big joke of a so called "game company" it is worthless it should not exist! This is the bigges misstake of the year. They also perment ban people who bought the game for no reason. A company full of retards this is.
  53. pty
    Dec 19, 2012
    Purchased this game on the day it was made available in deep alpha. Played it and accepted the hundreds of game breaking bugs, like falling through the world, walking into a wall killing you, walking down hills taking 90% of your health. I gave it time to progress because it was Alpha and I really enjoyed the concept. After forgetting about the game for the better part of a month, IPurchased this game on the day it was made available in deep alpha. Played it and accepted the hundreds of game breaking bugs, like falling through the world, walking into a wall killing you, walking down hills taking 90% of your health. I gave it time to progress because it was Alpha and I really enjoyed the concept. After forgetting about the game for the better part of a month, I returned to find a more polished yet still absolutely broken game. The hacking was rampant. I made four characters (because once you die, you must wait an hour to play that character again), and I spawned in with each one of them who was summarily headshotted within 20 seconds of spawning. The devs do little to acknowledge how broken the game is, while pushing pay to win options down your throat without adding much substance. Not to mention that your pay-to-win items are completely lost when you die, which in my case was within 5 minutes of spawning.

Stay away from this game as it seems like it is a cash grabbing scam. I suggest everyone go take a read of this thread on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/152tbh/warz_patch_unleash_the_true_moneywhoring/

Do not buy. Buyer beware. If you purchased it via the old system with Paypal, you can request a refund through paypal. It takes about 7-10 days.
  54. Dec 19, 2012
    This is nothing but a CON, sergey is a con-artist from mother russia and tbh even he puts real Russians to shame, DO NOT buy this game, while it does sustain a very small amount of the panic, fear and emotion dayz does with your character, it also RIPS open your wallet and rapes it without and lube, everything has a micro transaction cost and also a cost to purchase the game, while otherThis is nothing but a CON, sergey is a con-artist from mother russia and tbh even he puts real Russians to shame, DO NOT buy this game, while it does sustain a very small amount of the panic, fear and emotion dayz does with your character, it also RIPS open your wallet and rapes it without and lube, everything has a micro transaction cost and also a cost to purchase the game, while other games do one or the other this is the first ive come across that is such a blatant rip off, of other decent games and your wallet

I am only a hater after playing it for at least 30 hours over several updates, if you only listen to one thing, I have this game since day one, it was fun for a very short period but your better spending that £10 in planetside 2 and getting more fun over a longer period.
  55. Dec 19, 2012
    Unless this crap company starts giving refunds and removes it's ridiculous non refund policy, I will continue to tell everyone I know to stay clear of this lemon.

56. Dec 19, 2012
    Sergey, you're a lying f**k with a deceitfully sh*tty copycat game, and you helped develop one of the WORST games ever conceived with Big Rigs. You need to accept these things as fact, and fix them. You pissed off the gaming community, now you need to pay with blood, sweat and tears. Fix this hunk of dogsh*t game, fix your bad attitude, and reevaluate your life and how you treat us gamers,Sergey, you're a lying f**k with a deceitfully sh*tty copycat game, and you helped develop one of the WORST games ever conceived with Big Rigs. You need to accept these things as fact, and fix them. You pissed off the gaming community, now you need to pay with blood, sweat and tears. Fix this hunk of dogsh*t game, fix your bad attitude, and reevaluate your life and how you treat us gamers, then MAYBE we'll hand you our hard earned cash. Expand
  57. Dec 19, 2012
    I been playing this game since day one. I really gave this game a chance. This game is has a really bad hacking problem and the devs don't know how to handle. The devs are a joke they thing there anti hack is working well I'm here to tell you that it's not. I bought a $15 copy of the game and used hacks for 5 days got ban in there big ban wave for hacking. The really cool part 2 days laterI been playing this game since day one. I really gave this game a chance. This game is has a really bad hacking problem and the devs don't know how to handle. The devs are a joke they thing there anti hack is working well I'm here to tell you that it's not. I bought a $15 copy of the game and used hacks for 5 days got ban in there big ban wave for hacking. The really cool part 2 days later they un ban me saying they are sorry for banning my account and I was not hacking (which I was) and they also gave me 1000GC for my lost time. Not only did I get my account un ban I know a bunch of other hackers who also got there account un ban as well. Every time they come out with a patch they fix one thing and break about 10 other things. Don't tell me this game will get better or its beta or alpha or whatever they case maybe. The devs have no clue what they are doing with this game and it is to late to fix it. Expand
  58. Dec 25, 2012
    All I can say is that I'm utterly disappointed in Hammerpoint for making such an awful game that in the beginning seemed incredibly promising. I have wasted time, energy and money on this piece of garbage and I feel completely ripped off. The worst part? I still hope the game will improve and I know that, in the end, I myself and others who hope for the same will eventually be let down. Again.
  59. Jan 1, 2013
    The War Z is possibly the most fraudulent game made in the last decade. From faked screenshots to advertising features on Steam (before it was removed) that do not exist in game, the title is one big lie after another. The game play itself consists of attempting to survive in a zombie infested world (again a much smaller world than advertised). However, the real danger in the world of WarThe War Z is possibly the most fraudulent game made in the last decade. From faked screenshots to advertising features on Steam (before it was removed) that do not exist in game, the title is one big lie after another. The game play itself consists of attempting to survive in a zombie infested world (again a much smaller world than advertised). However, the real danger in the world of War Z is the absolute failure of design as far as anti-cheat. Numerous cheats are available for sale and many, many people are using them. The legitimate player is much more likely to die from a script kiddie using an ESP hack or aimbot. This has been a problem from the first day that the game opened as the game is simply a mod for a game called War Inc. The cheaters simply modified their scripts from that game as it is the very same game except with badly done zombies. As this is a PVP game and you lose all of your items upon death this is a major issue which the developers don't seem to be able to fix. There are numerous other issues as well covered in many other reviews. Suffice it say, buying this game at this time is a pure waste of money. Expand
  60. Jan 2, 2013
    Total failure. This game is not successful copy of DayZ. The worst spent money. I completely don't recommend. The authors of WarZ are hyenas, which can't invent their OWN idea for game.
  61. Feb 22, 2013
    Worst thing I've ever bought on steam, luckily I got a refund. It was plagued by tons of bugs and glitches and lots of false advertising. It really shouldnt even be able to be rated a 1... I would honestly rate it a 1 out of 100. Yes, 1 out of 100!!!. The developer had no excuses on this one, then again the same idiot developed big rigs over the road racing as well, so clearly he isWorst thing I've ever bought on steam, luckily I got a refund. It was plagued by tons of bugs and glitches and lots of false advertising. It really shouldnt even be able to be rated a 1... I would honestly rate it a 1 out of 100. Yes, 1 out of 100!!!. The developer had no excuses on this one, then again the same idiot developed big rigs over the road racing as well, so clearly he is amateur and behaves like it too. How the people from gamespot, eurogamer, etc. gave it a 36 or around when they clearly said its not worth a single cent, really baffles me... I think they honestly have an auto generated rank and are required to put text on top of it to make it seem valid... Stay away from this with your life, if you think you have 15 dollars to waste you are better off getting a steak at a steakhouse... Expand
  62. Dec 23, 2012
    It just goes to show you, spending a few months to ripoff someone else by making a frankengame composed of broken pieces and unfinished components, lying about features, banning anyone with criticism, showing fake set-up screenshots and denying your failings is not the way to go. Hey, at least it was nice of a hundred of Sergey's employees to join Metacritic so there would be some positiveIt just goes to show you, spending a few months to ripoff someone else by making a frankengame composed of broken pieces and unfinished components, lying about features, banning anyone with criticism, showing fake set-up screenshots and denying your failings is not the way to go. Hey, at least it was nice of a hundred of Sergey's employees to join Metacritic so there would be some positive scores for his landslide failure. It's not like they were busy making a game or anything. Expand
  63. Dec 23, 2012
    This game is a failure at best and a scam at worst. Not remotely finished, horrible dev team (what kind of dev team plays the game using cheats against other players?), shoddy gameplay (Day Z ripoff, but somehow manages to be clunkier), very little content, and F2P style unlocks. Horrible.
  64. Dec 19, 2012
    unfinished game with no sign of developers ever gonna deliver what they promise.
    try to ask a refund after finding a game most focused on killing other players than surviving a zombie apocalypse. waaaaay to many hackers everywhere. not really anti cheat measures. developers are the biggest douchebags out there . (they make look a EA like Valve). they don't care about the players has to say. they just ban people if you tell what is wrong on theirs game.

they try to scam people with an alpha software and not giving refund people who played the game more than 3 hours.

in the end. don't ever try this game. i think in the futurure some one will bring a good zombie mmo. but right now this is not the game
  65. Dec 20, 2012
    Absolute **** farce of a game. Sergey Titov is a liar, a charlatan and a thief. Please, please, please do not buy this excuse for a game. Do not reward this disgrace by giving it your money. Go everywhere and tell everyone: do not buy War Z.
  66. Dec 19, 2012
    After 2 hours I asked for refund, and fortunately got my money back. This "game" is in pre-alpha stage, animations are terrible, dev's are using hacks on public http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eOrNAKJbHpc#t=453s and calling players "faggots" http://www.gamespot.com/news/the-war-z-producer-calls-campers-fgots-6398729
    Game description on steam is lying, they are
    Game description on steam is lying, they are turning this game into pay 2 win.
  67. Dec 22, 2012
    I cannot even begin to tell you how bad this game is, the developers made the most buggy, bare bones, horribly looking game I've ever seen, and lied about almost every option available in the game.
    DO NOT GIVE THESE SCAM ARTISTS MONEY!
  68. Dec 20, 2012
    I do not know but you do not want to waste any more of my time with a game like this. This game should not even be sold in more steam, ask suggestion bankruptcy
  69. Jan 6, 2013
    Not protected at all against any type of hacks and cheats. meaning you can put a **** ton of cheating mods to remove grass fields, and see through walls, and be invisible, and auto-lock your target... If you enjoy cheating and trolling non cheating players, this game is perfect for you. otherwise it's one of the worst piece of **** I've ever bought on Steam, and I'm glad Steam was coolNot protected at all against any type of hacks and cheats. meaning you can put a **** ton of cheating mods to remove grass fields, and see through walls, and be invisible, and auto-lock your target... If you enjoy cheating and trolling non cheating players, this game is perfect for you. otherwise it's one of the worst piece of **** I've ever bought on Steam, and I'm glad Steam was cool enough to refund me. Expand
  70. Dec 20, 2012
    The worst game of the year. Stay away from this game!

Cons: - Random players ban - Poor graphics, textures and reflections - Boring game. Character walks slowly and you walk in the map for 20 minutes without enemies - Lose cash items when die - Pay to revive (what!?) - False screenshots - False game description - EULA copied from leagueoflegends - Developer winning money
    The worst game of the year. Stay away from this game!

Cons:
    - Random players ban
    - Poor graphics, textures and reflections
    - Lose cash items when die
    - Pay to revive (what!?)
    - False screenshots
    - False game description
    - EULA copied from leagueoflegends
    - Developer winning money through modders
    - Full of hackers (they will not be banned for money reason)

Pros:
    - Removed the option Buy in Steam store
  71. Jun 21, 2013
    Was lied to by the devs. Then they denied it. Then they blamed the customers. Then they said "sorry, its coming", once again another lie as almost nothing promised has been added, the stuff that they have promised has taken over a year and there is no polishing a turd. Crappy support and lackluster features. the game itself had potential but is quite frankly the worst game i have played.Was lied to by the devs. Then they denied it. Then they blamed the customers. Then they said "sorry, its coming", once again another lie as almost nothing promised has been added, the stuff that they have promised has taken over a year and there is no polishing a turd. Crappy support and lackluster features. the game itself had potential but is quite frankly the worst game i have played. Positive reviews have been proven to be devs covering there own tracks. Do not buy. Expand
  72. Dec 22, 2012
    Wow, much could be said but the big take aways from what others are saying. This game is incomplete, still feels like an alpha and yet it was listed on Steam listing features the game simply did not have. When asked about these features, one of the developers simply didn't seem to understand how failing to list features your game ACTUALLY has is scamming people. The developers refuse toWow, much could be said but the big take aways from what others are saying. This game is incomplete, still feels like an alpha and yet it was listed on Steam listing features the game simply did not have. When asked about these features, one of the developers simply didn't seem to understand how failing to list features your game ACTUALLY has is scamming people. The developers refuse to admit fault for this mistake, and simply blame the players for misreading the information instead of admitting they lied on the store page. This game was incredibly bad, but the company simply makes this game a hopeless endeavor. With a good dev team, the game might get to a playable state but these devs...don't hold your breath. Another thing - they ban players who complain on their forums about the game. Yep. Good ol' censorship to make it look like nothing's wrong. As everyone else is saying, avoid this game. Not worth a dollar! Expand
  73. Dec 20, 2012
    Well, I had pre-purchases the game the day it was available. In the end I couldn't even get a refund because there's no support contact for first day purchasers as they weren't using a third party company to do their transactions until after the first day.. I wanted a refund because my ALPHA account got banned for no reason.
  74. Jul 5, 2013
    That game HAD potential, but developers only wanted your cash, game is only part of their plan. Don't buy this game! If your friend is enjoying this game, say him he's crazy. It's just tons of bugs. What a terrible thing. I never saw worse game...
  75. Dec 20, 2012
    The War Z is far from finished/polished. I've had my fair share of fun but only to be ruined the next minute because of either hackers or dying from a 1 feet fall. It's buggy and not worth a single penny in my opinion. Worst release I've seen in years.
  76. Jan 31, 2013
    This is far away from a beta, you will regret buying! Get DayZ, I didn´t like arma and its not really user friendly but its worth it! Dont waste your time with garbage!
  77. Jan 7, 2013
    This Game is BAD!!! did they even test it..? around every corner is LAG LAG LAG even more lag. do not waste your money on this. even if its free i wouldn't play it, THATS HOW BAD IT IS. it could of been MUCH BETTER!!
  78. Dec 19, 2012
    Unprofessional and disrespectful Dev team who ban people for telling the truth about this game.
    Everything terrible that has been said about this game is sadly true.
  79. Dec 19, 2012
    0 solely on the fact the Sergey is a flat out liar and is deceiving people and doesn't even care. Go read the interview with him on Gamepsy. I guess I need to have at least 150 characters, so here are the rest.
  80. Dec 19, 2012
    It looks to me like this was a sad desperate attempt to get something out of their hard work before the DayZ release, which will blow this away. I feel for the WarZ guys, they've worked hard and I guess they knew that it was now or never. The game wasn't ready, it shouldn't have been released on Steam. It had (has) potential, but I think the way it's gone down, and the way they've handledIt looks to me like this was a sad desperate attempt to get something out of their hard work before the DayZ release, which will blow this away. I feel for the WarZ guys, they've worked hard and I guess they knew that it was now or never. The game wasn't ready, it shouldn't have been released on Steam. It had (has) potential, but I think the way it's gone down, and the way they've handled it has tarnished it. GL to anyone who stands by this and supports them, I think they'll abandon ship and even if they don't, there won't be many fans/players left soon. Expand
  81. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is full of bugs and barely has any core features for a game. It has clans but this is something that is very basic. The performance of the game is pretty damn abysmal too, loading up servers list and community page takes much longer than it should need too. In-game is no better, the textures are very low quality with 2D sprites being used for trees close up.
  82. Dec 19, 2012
    Everything was going well until I changed the respawn time on a server full of hackers and not to mention the P2W that occurs when a hacker kill and can revive near you for revenge
  83. Dec 19, 2012
    PT - Br
    PT - Br
    Esse jogo está manchando a reputação do gênero, ele não possui as características anunciadas (Não existe PvE, não existe mais de um modo de jogo "real", não é um RPG, não tem servidores privados), é no minimo uma propaganda enganosa, dizer que o jogo possui características que não estão prontas e talvez nunca estejam, por favor, não comprem este jogo até que ele esteja realmente pronto.
    Eu comprei o jogo diretamente da Hammerpoint e tenho acompanhando seu progresso (na verdade a falta dele) desde o inicio e anunciar este produto como finalizado é um erro.

EN - Us
    This game is tarnishing the reputation of the genre, he does not have the features advertised (no PvE, there is no more than one way to play, is not an RPG, has no private servers), is a false advertising, say the game has features that are not ready and may never be, please do not buy this game until it's really ready.
    I bought the game directly from Hammerpoint and I'm watching your progress (actually the lack of it) from the beginning and advertise this product as finalized is a mistake.
  84. Dec 19, 2012
    Worse devs ever , the game is kinda decent ....

But even when they released , they didnt inform no one in the forums , they just released :D They don't care about player and even though everyone was yelling the game isn't ready , they stupid and deluded as they were still released. All the Alpha+beta was BS , They never listened the community and even banned ppl that stated OBVIOUS
    Worse devs ever , the game is kinda decent ....

All the Alpha+beta was BS , They never listened the community and even banned ppl that stated OBVIOUS mistakes.

While they sent the mods to lie to us ....
  85. Dec 19, 2012
    bleh!!!!! worst game ever, try it and get ripped off!! conr599
    Dec 17, 2012
    0 This game is TERRIBLE. The features are all crappy rip-offs of features DayZ has, and the Dev's wishlist is the same. The screenshots featured in advertisements are LIES. they feature actions that are literally impossible in the game. The clan feature is only available in the in-game store, usually a free
    bleh!!!!! worst game ever, try it and get ripped off!! conr599
    Dec 17, 2012
  86. Dec 19, 2012
    Unfinished piece of crap & a money grabbing scam, don't let these developers milk your wallet. allot of false advertising and so many lies from the developers, and bans anyone who speaks up against them on the official site's forum, don't believe me? fine check totalbiscuits first impression video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtKAm3nzg6I
  87. Dec 19, 2012
    This is the first time I have ever felt the need to write a review.

To put it simply, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!

The game is a money grabbing scam designed to milk as much money out of people before the developers run out of town with all of your money. DO NOT BUY THE GAME!
  88. Dec 19, 2012
    I strongly suggest you to DON'T buy this game. It would be very very long to explain all the reasons to don't buy the game. Simply Google "warz scam" and document yourself up about this game scam.
  89. Dec 19, 2012
    Do not buy this UNFINISHED game. On steam is "The WarZ" not "The WarZ - ALPHA" or BETA, or something like that... and if you search on steam "dayz", the warz pop up. SCAM SCAM SCAM !
  90. Dec 19, 2012
    I had to create an account because I feel obligated to help inform the world of how **** this game is. Coupled with the piss poor lack of professionalism from the developers, there's no way I see a future for this game. They flat out lie and when you bring it to their attention they give you a run around bs excuse while trying to somehow blame it on you ie: "the steam description of ourI had to create an account because I feel obligated to help inform the world of how **** this game is. Coupled with the piss poor lack of professionalism from the developers, there's no way I see a future for this game. They flat out lie and when you bring it to their attention they give you a run around bs excuse while trying to somehow blame it on you ie: "the steam description of our game isn't false advertisement, you just misunderstood what we meant to say". Don't give this company your money. Expand
  91. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is a steaming pile of crap. Get killed and wait for a 4 hour respawn or cough up some RL cash...in a game that you paid for...framerate is awful, game is unfinished. This is just AWFUL!
  92. Dec 19, 2012
    Zombie Apocalypse survival FPS/TPS game? Sounds like fun, right? Well, yeah it does, but when you buy it on Steam, you get unfinished, ugly product. Plus a set of bitterness and disappointment if you're one of the players (like me) who bought the game believing the lies that were posted on Steam page for the game.

Now, what you also get are shockingly rude developers who are forcing you

Now, what you also get are shockingly rude developers who are forcing you into accepting TOS that says you can't get a refund, they charge a lot for anything in the game (it's a cash grabber) and they call people who gave them cash fools.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!
  93. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is released on steam while being unfinished. I purchased on December 17, 2012 and played it for two days straight. I have had minor fun moments quickly ended by possible hackers. This game is pay to play and also Pay to win. It saddens me.
  94. Dec 19, 2012
    This "game" - piece of trash! Don't bye this "game", because it is full of cheaters, switch-server-warriors, game masters banned RANDOM gamers, but not cheaters!
  95. Dec 19, 2012
    This games is so full of false advertising it's beyond reason. On top of that its dev studio practices borders on fraud. Do not under any circumstance buy this game. You will be sorely disapointed and shat on by the devs. They only and only care about your cash.
  96. Dec 19, 2012
    Decided to buy this on release, listed features look really good, I mean, why would they feature something that's not in the game, right? well... I was dead wrong.
    It's literally impossible to get into a building without getting scene or touched by a stupid zombie not matter how stealthy you are, they will always see you. don't get me started on their "AAA Graphics".
  97. Dec 19, 2012
    The worst thing ever. Do not buy. There are so many bad things about this "game" I don't even know where to begin. It's nothing more and a quick cash grab- the developers very clearly don't care about anything other than making money. The game is so unfinished it hurts and yet they release it now to cash in on the hype.
    Watch some youtube videos before buying if you're still considering
    Watch some youtube videos before buying if you're still considering getting it,
  98. Dec 19, 2012
    Warning: DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. This game is a total rip-off, screenshots and trailers are a lie. Developers are full of lies, they even made the game worse after the new update (4 hours reviving).
    Everything on the Steam page is misleading and the game is full of bugs.
    Everything on the Steam page is misleading and the game is full of bugs.
    Instead of buying this game, you should get Day Z, this game is a rip-off of Day Z. The game gets boring in 5-10 minutes, there's no goal in the game as you lose everything after you die (you die pretty easily).
    All the developers wanted with this game is money, they don't even care about the community.
  99. Dec 19, 2012
    This Game is Pathetic and so are the Devs. I bought this as soon as it came out(Oct.15) because i fell for there lies. Honestly I have never played a game that is worse than this.
  100. Dec 19, 2012
    This game has a decent base. I originally bought this as an alpha tester, it was obvious that it was in alpha. Now they've released the game to the public under the assumption "it's complete!" and I can't support this game at all. The underlying factors of bad business practice, ethics, the very potent censoring that goes on in their forums and the Steam discussion board is all veryThis game has a decent base. I originally bought this as an alpha tester, it was obvious that it was in alpha. Now they've released the game to the public under the assumption "it's complete!" and I can't support this game at all. The underlying factors of bad business practice, ethics, the very potent censoring that goes on in their forums and the Steam discussion board is all very disturbing. I'm afraid to know what will happen in the future from this company and therefore cannot recommend it to friends nor give it a good rating. People are claiming this game is in Beta, it's NOT. This is still very much an alpha or even pre-alpha game. They're nowhere near final-release (which is the definition of Beta) and have been blatantly lying to their customers. Do not buy this game. Expand
  101. Jan 4, 2013
    Broken, a game that with obvious immoral tactics that lash the players into paying more for very little benefits. For a 2013 mmo, when concerning graphics for this incomplete title, Textures: Horrid, Character Model:Plain, Environments: Generic. Even when you're purchasing items with REAL CASH MONEY, Hackers being rampant throughout the game will no doubt, hack your account stripping youBroken, a game that with obvious immoral tactics that lash the players into paying more for very little benefits. For a 2013 mmo, when concerning graphics for this incomplete title, Textures: Horrid, Character Model:Plain, Environments: Generic. Even when you're purchasing items with REAL CASH MONEY, Hackers being rampant throughout the game will no doubt, hack your account stripping you of your equipment. DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME BY ANY MEANS, I REPEAT DO NOT! PLAY! THIS! GAME! It's will inflict unimaginable boredom and frustration into your free-time! Collapse

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.