1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 4016 Ratings

1. Dec 19, 2012
    The War Z copied most things from their previous Game "The War Inc" they adde only a bigger map and zombies .. They said The War Z was in Devolpment 2 Years ( before DayZ ) that is a lie .

The Screenshots on their Sites are only Concept Arts = so another Lie

The War Z on Facebook begs for likes ..
  2. Dec 19, 2012
    Even if you ignore the fact that the developers of this game lied about its included features to get more sales, even if you ignore the fact that this game is a blatant cash grab (with features such as charging you real money to shorten the 4 hour long respawn timer (yes you read that correctly)), even if you ignore the fact that the game is clearly not finished with mountains of bugs andEven if you ignore the fact that the developers of this game lied about its included features to get more sales, even if you ignore the fact that this game is a blatant cash grab (with features such as charging you real money to shorten the 4 hour long respawn timer (yes you read that correctly)), even if you ignore the fact that the game is clearly not finished with mountains of bugs and a plethora of broken features, even if you ignore the fact that the developers response to criticism is to insult the players in interviews, to delete critical messages in the Steam forums and to force players to agree to terms of service which disallows refunds before you're allowed to play, it's still a terrible game that would not be out of place in the clearance bin at a dollar store. If I gave this game to a friend as a joke gift they would never speak to me again and probably burn my house down for good measure. If when I started the game my pc monitor had exploded and thousands of glass shards had torn my face to pieces, making me blind, deaf and unable to taste anything for the rest of my life, I would still have had a better experience than having to play this interminable game.

Most of my anger at the shoddiness of this game is not directed at the developers though, since they are clearly either educationally subnormal or moderately competent scam artists. Most of my anger is directed at Steam for allowing this shoddy, unfinished game onto their service and taking their 30% cut of the sales. I never thought I would say this, but I cannot see myself purchasing anything through Steam again unless this insult to gamers is removed from their service.

Do not buy this game, you will regret it.
  3. Dec 19, 2012
    this game is crappy, it is really a huge scam don't buy it, just wait for the DayZ standalone, like i am even tho i never played the actual mod if Arma 2 co will be on sale i will get it just for the mod
  4. Dec 19, 2012
    Utter trash, poorly optimized abysmal textures and horrid gameplay. It is nothing put a cheap poorly made cash grab. You have to purchase the game then spend more real world money on items in the in game store. Basic features such as clans support cost extra, the feature list is a complete lie with 90% of the features not being in game at all. This game was thrown together in 3 months toUtter trash, poorly optimized abysmal textures and horrid gameplay. It is nothing put a cheap poorly made cash grab. You have to purchase the game then spend more real world money on items in the in game store. Basic features such as clans support cost extra, the feature list is a complete lie with 90% of the features not being in game at all. This game was thrown together in 3 months to cash in on the popularity of dayz and it shows in every way. Expand
  5. Dec 19, 2012
    Not that my review is necessary, but I would like to say one thing: this developer includes the man who made the video game "Big Rigs". Need I say more? Google it, you'll understand rather quickly.
  6. Dec 19, 2012
    This game represents the epitome of garbage.

I bought this game a couple of weeks ago, as a friend convinced me to do so. It was fun for the first couple hours, I will give it that, as I had yet to run into any hackers, which changed quickly. Yes, hackers are as abundant as they are annoying, especially when you get shot through a wall. Super awesome, that is. Randomly tabs me
    This game represents the epitome of garbage.

Randomly tabs me back to the desktop, dying whilst logging in to a character, dying whilst walking down a small incline, an inescapable logout screen when you want to disconnect that can take anywhere from 10-30 seconds to complete ... which is more than enough time for someone to happen upon you and kill you.

This game is also an Alpha marketed as a finished product, which was then expounded upon by the creator saying that every MMO is never finished. This is a giant cop-out.

Never buy this. Punch your grandparents instead. Or throw a puppy into a woodchipper. Do something. Anything. Just don't buy this game.
  7. Dec 19, 2012
    Bad game. Shameless egotistic developer who thinks he can have his ways and doesn't understand the concept of false advertising at all. Oh and his communication skill sucks balls too.
  8. Dec 19, 2012
    This game was made to take your money, plans to stop dev. after 6 months of release. Proof that admins abuse in game, and spawn items. Unfair ban hammers. This game is nothing like what its advertised as. DO NOT BUY.
  9. Dec 19, 2012
    Worst game of all time, big flat out lies, scamZ. Waiting for another good game to come out... Bought this for more than $30 and it sucks, SAME SH*T AS THE PRE-ALPHA VERSION!!! DON'T BUY THIS GAME!!!
  10. Dec 19, 2012
    it's a money-grabbing scam, trying to ride on DayZ's band wagon.
    There's a lot of things that "look" and "feel" better than DayZ but when it come to game play and partitions, it's boils down to money grabbing.
    it's a money-grabbing scam, trying to ride on DayZ's band wagon.

At first, they had 1 hour respawn for each character, now it's 4 hours with a "button" to respawn via payment. ....4 hours! You can create 5 characters but the 4 hours isn't going to work because some players like to troll by sniping other players for no good reason.

Not worth getting.
  11. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is fraudulent. It is still in Alpha/Beta stages yet it is being sold as if it is fully featured with minimal bugs. If you want to get a refund, the company forces you to sign a TOS agreement that states that no matter what you do or say, you AGREE to not ever getting a refund. So even if they decide to go belly up or ban you for no reason, you can't get any restitution for it.The game is fraudulent. It is still in Alpha/Beta stages yet it is being sold as if it is fully featured with minimal bugs. If you want to get a refund, the company forces you to sign a TOS agreement that states that no matter what you do or say, you AGREE to not ever getting a refund. So even if they decide to go belly up or ban you for no reason, you can't get any restitution for it. Complete crap. AVOID AT ALL COSTS! Expand
  12. Dec 19, 2012
    It is a scam. Search google for "War Z scam". They didn't delivered what was promised. It has only a single map. It has no skills, no clans, boring gameworld.
  13. Dec 19, 2012
    Horrible, horrible game. Its a quick cash in on the success of the Day Z mod. The games severely broken, filled with numerous bugs and glitches and completely populated by hackers and cheaters. Developer support has been terrible. Youre banned from the forums for voicing concerns about the game and game accounts are randomly banned as well. We were promised so many features of the gameHorrible, horrible game. Its a quick cash in on the success of the Day Z mod. The games severely broken, filled with numerous bugs and glitches and completely populated by hackers and cheaters. Developer support has been terrible. Youre banned from the forums for voicing concerns about the game and game accounts are randomly banned as well. We were promised so many features of the game that never arrived. I asked for a refund for the game per the agreement and they just resort to ignoring me. Dont waste your money on this pile of garbage. Expand
  14. Dec 19, 2012
    For a game someone has to pay for, they get surprisingly little anything for their coin here. Besides the obvious issues of it just being a terribly crafted attempt to jump on the zombie survival bandwagon to milk whatever coin there may be left in the market, the game has nothing going for it. It's nothing more then a mod for the, less then average, War Inc. engine. Nothing works quiteFor a game someone has to pay for, they get surprisingly little anything for their coin here. Besides the obvious issues of it just being a terribly crafted attempt to jump on the zombie survival bandwagon to milk whatever coin there may be left in the market, the game has nothing going for it. It's nothing more then a mod for the, less then average, War Inc. engine. Nothing works quite as it was probably intended, bugs such as invisible zombies, getting stuck in places and other wonderful "gameplay elements" are everywhere.
    I don't even feel the "survival" i expect form a zombie survival game, because the zombies that the game does feature are blind and deaf cripples (no offense to people, really) that are unable to detect your presence if you are further away then a meter or two; not to mention they don't really care about players going rambo with their gun, and even if they notice you, you can literally get away with a brisk walk.
    The only "survival" aspect the game offers is contained in the other 49 people on the map -great MMO by the way; 50 people is a lot, honest- since they most likely will shoot you on sight to loot your things. Including the things you had to buy via microtransactions. Which is another sour thing: why are there microtransactions in a game you already paid for? I could at least somewhat understand, if the game was great.
    All in all, the game as such doesn't hold up to it's label, if one has average standarts and expectations for a so called "Zombie Survival MMO" - since neither is there any survival nor any MMO in it and the zombies are just supernumeraries with a zombie skin.

On top of that, the constant lies of the Devs behind this so called game don't help the impression one gets in terms of what this thing is all about. False advertising with false screenshots, promises of features that are not even in sight in the actual game, let alone implemented. Their customer support and PR are very unfriendly and not helpful at all, even to paying customers no less.
  15. Dec 19, 2012
    Do not get this game. It is a bad copy of the DayZ mod. Besides that, it is bugged as hell. The features in advertisements are false. Some of them are not existing. In addition the micro-payment system ist not fair and you should not be charged over and over to fully enjoy the whole content when you already payed 15 bucks for a game.
  16. Dec 19, 2012
    Money whoring, nothing more than money whoring. They told us about a good game, how good it would be in 3-4 patches, how they react to hackers and all that kind of stuff.

Liars. Don't buy that.
  17. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is in a blatantly pre-beta state. The animation looks like a high school student's project from 2006. It is a quick money grab as they have you buy it from steam then after it has gone up to the top they making a ridiculous game changing feature and ask for more money to get around it. This game is Pay to Win at its finest and most of the elements are stolen poorly from Day Z. DOThis game is in a blatantly pre-beta state. The animation looks like a high school student's project from 2006. It is a quick money grab as they have you buy it from steam then after it has gone up to the top they making a ridiculous game changing feature and ask for more money to get around it. This game is Pay to Win at its finest and most of the elements are stolen poorly from Day Z. DO NOT BUY. Expand
  18. Dec 19, 2012
    This is game is good. But its not finished at all and it is full of bugs.
    My point is, for a game in ALPHA development it is going to be good, but release the game at this state is ridiculous.
    The main issue now is: Will the promised features be delivered? This games uses the WAR INC. engine and have its limitations. Features like cars are announced for more than 6 months there and they
    This is game is good. But its not finished at all and it is full of bugs.
    The main issue now is: Will the promised features be delivered?
    This games uses the WAR INC. engine and have its limitations. Features like cars are announced for more than 6 months there and they still were not able to implement on War Z. They said they sold 600k copies on Alpha state, and the difference from Alpha to Open release is: Clans.

There is nothing else released.

Skills, Vehicles, Maps, Bug fixes, construction features, Leaderboards, FRIEND LISTS and many other things were promised and were not delivered.

The dev, Hammerpoint, claims that with an update that was expected to be released this month, the "Foundation Release" was the mark of the release of the game. But that update wasn't released and the game went live even without that.

What a mess. :(
  19. Dec 19, 2012
    "game is shit
  20. Dec 19, 2012
    Payed 60 bucks for alpha access. I can't put a positive spin on this game. I would rather die of stoning, come back as a 2 year-old terminally ill child, then die again. Stay away! IT IS A CASH GRAB! And more importantly, there is absolutely no love put into the game.

Horrible textures, crappy frames, broken game, missing features, etc. Don't get fooled like I did!
  21. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is nothing but a pay to win broken promise game, whats that? you died? alright have a 4 hour res timer or you can pay real money in order to pop back up... no thank you, pay to win games are a mistake and i feel bad for anyone stupid enough to buy into it. People who dislike this game don't dislike it because its a DayZ rip-off they hate it because its pay to win garbage that'sThis game is nothing but a pay to win broken promise game, whats that? you died? alright have a 4 hour res timer or you can pay real money in order to pop back up... no thank you, pay to win games are a mistake and i feel bad for anyone stupid enough to buy into it. People who dislike this game don't dislike it because its a DayZ rip-off they hate it because its pay to win garbage that's full of broken promises. If you want an actual zombie survival MMO buy arma II and get the free DayZ mod or wait until the DayZ standalone is released, ignore this abortion of a game. Expand
  22. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is a filthy money grab. The AI is dumb and the animations are terrible, most content ripped from a failed game, hackers are everywhere, most of the map is the same with copy and pasted interiors. Game is slightly laggy on a high end system even though the graphics really aren't anything good. Pay to win, misleading screenshots and information.
  23. Dec 19, 2012
    Developers completely misrepresented the game on their steam page, including false information that would otherwise entice a user to purchase their title, treat their customer's extremely poorly, are using a model similar to a F2P, but in fact I already purchased the game -- I should not be charged for using game functions. You want to charge a monthly fee? Fine, go that route if you thinkDevelopers completely misrepresented the game on their steam page, including false information that would otherwise entice a user to purchase their title, treat their customer's extremely poorly, are using a model similar to a F2P, but in fact I already purchased the game -- I should not be charged for using game functions. You want to charge a monthly fee? Fine, go that route if you think you should be making more money of your **** game. But don't expect me to purchase a game marketed such as it has been, and then charge me extra money on top of what I've already paid in order to play the game.

Not to mention a ToS agreement that is an outright violation of the FTC's fair trade agreement (by agreeing to their ToS you lose your right to a refund).

This is simply a company no one should be doing business with.
  24. Dec 19, 2012
    I bought this game on steam before Valve took it off. Thankfully they are offering a refund for this blatant cash grab game. The majority of it's features are non existent and new features they have added since release are a joke. From 1 hour respawn timer to four hours - but it's not all bad when you can negate that for $.40 each time. Talk about milking the poor saps who bought this game.
  25. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is garbage. Bugs, glitches, hackers, awful graphics (even on ultra), lagg, bad company and dev's which lies all the time. The game is really awful and the developers doesn't deserve anything.
  26. Dec 19, 2012
    Awful scaming scam this game and company is bad and they should feel bad. it was just removed off steam if thats any indcation of just how bad and ugh this makes me so angry
  27. Dec 19, 2012
    This is just a scam. The developers made a poorly working mod of war inc, promised a lot of stuff, took the money and run. I regret buying it every time I see the shortcut in my desktop.
  28. Dec 19, 2012
    Like everyone else said. The advertising for the game is intentionally misleading, and it's obvious the developers are using it as a way to get some quick money. Case in point - In order to respawn after death you must wait 4 hours, or pay real money with a credit card to instantly revive your character. This wouldn't be half as bad if they had just waited to implement it after puttingLike everyone else said. The advertising for the game is intentionally misleading, and it's obvious the developers are using it as a way to get some quick money. Case in point - In order to respawn after death you must wait 4 hours, or pay real money with a credit card to instantly revive your character. This wouldn't be half as bad if they had just waited to implement it after putting in some basic social functionality like a friends list(as was advertised complete when I purchased it, but is mysteriously absent from the game). In fact, the majority of the developers efforts have gone into monetizing. You can also buy weapons and supplies for real money, but there isn't even a skill system(again, advertised as complete) in place to spend the experience you earn from kills. So what is the point of experience, then? It's too bad such shameful business practices ruined what could have been a decent game. Expand
  29. Dec 19, 2012
    The game was hyped up by only lies and false "screenshots" (concept art). The graphics are one of the worst I've ever seen in a game like this. The gameplay is TERRIBLE, as soon as you join a game you can play for 10 minutes and then you will get one-shot-killed and die. The game creator Sergey Titov claims they have a 100% accurate anti-cheat system, when they really don't have any atThe game was hyped up by only lies and false "screenshots" (concept art). The graphics are one of the worst I've ever seen in a game like this. The gameplay is TERRIBLE, as soon as you join a game you can play for 10 minutes and then you will get one-shot-killed and die. The game creator Sergey Titov claims they have a 100% accurate anti-cheat system, when they really don't have any at all.
    This game is just made to make quick and easy money. DayZ the ArmA II mod got really popular and bam, from nowhere this "WarZ" (not copying the name at all no, no) claims they had this game in development LONG before DayZ was released. Not only that, but all their information, company and everything was made when DayZ got popular. They can not prove anything they state and just decides to ban people who criticize their "game".

This game is not even a game. It's a remake of Sergey's earlier F2P game War Inc. WarZ has the same ugly exact motor as in War Inc. and the game is just broken. The AI sucks really hard too and I don't find this game enjoyable at all, hoped I've never bought this piece of crap. I'd rather **** on my money then throw it away.
  30. Dec 19, 2012
    This is quite possibly the WORST game EVER. This game is nothing more than a cash cow rushed out by an idiotic dev team to try and quickly make money and then be left alone to rot. What ever you do DON'T BUY THIS GAME! Bad Rats use to be know as the worst game ever but after this thing was released id rather spend $60 on Bad Rats then look at this piece of garbage again.
  31. Dec 19, 2012
    Taking your money and setting it on fire, may actually be more entertaining than playing this game. If you doubt me, start with a dollar. Just burn the corner a little bit. The glow, the smell - it's liberating!
  32. Dec 19, 2012
    -Greedy by limiting people on how often they can play (cash shop revive)
    -Blaming us for "misreading" while they just KEEP posting false info about their game to get more purchases. -Hackers!!
    -Greedy by limiting people on how often they can play (cash shop revive)
    -As of right now it's CoD with some zombies, people just kill on sight I could go on and on i I sat here and wasted more of my time but I won't. Until they learn how to talk to the community and fix their game I can't back them up. Shadiest company I've ever seen, good luck fixing your rep.
  33. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is a plague. Not even 75% finished plays plays horribly half of the promised features are not even in the game or do not work. I have never seen more false advertising for any other game in history (Been gaming for 15+ years) the developers working on this clearly just want one thing. Money they do not care about there fan base at all.... They continue to lie even after peopleThis game is a plague. Not even 75% finished plays plays horribly half of the promised features are not even in the game or do not work. I have never seen more false advertising for any other game in history (Been gaming for 15+ years) the developers working on this clearly just want one thing. Money they do not care about there fan base at all.... They continue to lie even after people have caught them red handed lying.. If you think burning money is fun then this game is for you other then that stay away from this. Expand
  34. Dec 19, 2012
    So bad Steam removed this game for not being anywhere near a finished product. The game is a reskin of War Inc. a horrible free to play shooter. Die a lot in scary games? Too bad, it'll cost you $0.40 microtransaction to respawn your character quicker than 4 hours for a game you've already paid $15 for.

The developer also lies about features, claiming several items that are not even released are part of the game.

Also, check out this quote from the Executive Producer of War Z:

"War Z on metacritic - tell us what do you think !

19 ppl think game is **** 3 think that game is good. Plese go and vote - tell us what do YOU think !
    Sergey Titov
    Executive Producer
    The War Z"

35. Dec 19, 2012
    Bad game. Many glitches and bugs horribly optimized, a buy to play game with a cash shop... (Which defeats the purpose of finding things yourself) - plz dye in a fier n nevar com bak.
  36. Dec 19, 2012
    Today i died from walking down a shallow slope and lost everything in my backpack including purchased items.
    Quite some rage i can tell ya ... at least i had some time to cool down because the respawn time just got randomly upped to FOUR hours.

Don't get me started on cheaters, spawn camper, graphics or overall buggy gameplay.
  37. Dec 19, 2012
    Bought the game two months ago, from the moment the game was not added anything new that could leave a good impression of her. At this point in the game you can just walk to collect supplies and weapons, and from time to time to kill other people. At this to my deepest regret all the gameplay ends. I do not advise to buy the game for at least the next 3-4 months. All the fun will mostBought the game two months ago, from the moment the game was not added anything new that could leave a good impression of her. At this point in the game you can just walk to collect supplies and weapons, and from time to time to kill other people. At this to my deepest regret all the gameplay ends. I do not advise to buy the game for at least the next 3-4 months. All the fun will most likely not before March. I apologize for my English.

P.S Awaiting the release DayZ SA.
  38. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is an example of when a company uses the public for Alpha and Beta testing... but charges people for it. What little time I had with the game (based on it not working) was full of bugs, crashes and massive server issues. Sergey from the development team insists it OUR fault as consumers their game is incomplete or buggy, blaming the consumer for their faults, sad, pathetic andThis game is an example of when a company uses the public for Alpha and Beta testing... but charges people for it. What little time I had with the game (based on it not working) was full of bugs, crashes and massive server issues. Sergey from the development team insists it OUR fault as consumers their game is incomplete or buggy, blaming the consumer for their faults, sad, pathetic and ignorant. Also, this review is one of almost a thousand, seems that Sergey believing less then 5% of the players are unsatisfied is another marketing lie. Expand
  39. Dec 19, 2012
    First off let me say that I am a QA tester by profession and have also worked as customer service/technical support. I've worked with both SCEA and Trion Worlds as functionality and balance testing, not the most experience but enough to know what I'm looking at and what I'm looking for. While doings CS/TS I was at SoE, which is the only company in the games industry I've done that for butFirst off let me say that I am a QA tester by profession and have also worked as customer service/technical support. I've worked with both SCEA and Trion Worlds as functionality and balance testing, not the most experience but enough to know what I'm looking at and what I'm looking for. While doings CS/TS I was at SoE, which is the only company in the games industry I've done that for but I do have more experience than that. What I see when I played The War Z is not a finished product. I would hesitate to even call it a beta build. I have seen Alphas that have features more fully implemented in a game then this one has at a release to the general public. You have an MMO that has no friends list (coming soon, really?) and only one map that fails to come anywhere near the size that was boasted about and promised. Couple that with the fact that the game is obviously geared to suck money out of your wallet to fund the company that put it out (world of tanks style) and I think I can safely say that this game is going to struggle from here on. Waiting to respawn your character for any period of time is crazy in a game where people can kill you, even more so when you are going to limit the amount of characters a person can have.

That's just the surface, lets get to the next part. I do play Day Z but I was more then happy to give War Z a chance to prove itself, that's why I payed money to buy it via steam. It has done nothing to impress me. It has shown to take what Day Z has done and water down parts and try and improve the graphics of it. It feels like it is a clone that is missing some of the wonderful things that make Day Z great, something I would be willing to look past if it actually seemed like it was going to be free once the initial purchase was done. The fact that you are making people pay for a game and then expect them to spend even more money is laughable at best, you should have taken a page out of League of Legends (since you took their ToS at the start) and tried to stick closer to that. A free game that, if you want to, you can spend money in for small things that will not improve your game play.

Finally I see a problem with how you are handling the community. You are saying that people are lying simply to save face, or at least implying it, about being banned wrongfully. You should ]NEVER come out and say that about your customer, even if it is true. If a player feels they were banned and shouldn't have been then you should give them a fair chance to present their case and give them a response in a timely manner. If you can not respond to all customers in a timely manner, which considering what is happening right now I would think is happening, you should at least send you a generic response to all open tickets that you are extremely busy and working on getting back to them. At least let them know that you are trying to handle everyone's problems, communication is more important than most people think when they become a suit.

So for those of you that are tl;dr here is the break down.

The game feels like it is still in alpha, not something that should have been released. The concept for the micro-transactions is completely off base for an MMO and makes it feel like you are desperately trying to pull in money to finish the game. Your custom service team is, most likely, swamped and not even close to prepared for the influx of customers an MMO is going to bring you with problems. Your community team is treating people terrible on the forums from the majority of the reports which will hurt your company in the long run.
  40. Dec 19, 2012
    The War Z is a bad excuse for a game worth charging money for. Everything from character animations, textures and models range within very low quality. The GUI is horrible, as is the game experience. The game does not live up to what it promises, and with it's micro transaction system seemingly being one of the few things actually working in this excuse for a game, it is headed towardsThe War Z is a bad excuse for a game worth charging money for. Everything from character animations, textures and models range within very low quality. The GUI is horrible, as is the game experience. The game does not live up to what it promises, and with it's micro transaction system seemingly being one of the few things actually working in this excuse for a game, it is headed towards it's own demise, looking and playing like nothing but one big scam project to earn some quick bucks off of unaware costumers. I will change my rating according to what changes the game will undertake but until then I can only give 0 for an expensive game that can't deliver what it promises. Expand
  41. Dec 19, 2012
    Over a month ago, I bought The War Z and must say: I am disappointed.
    Over a month ago, I bought The War Z and must say: I am disappointed.
    I was under the impression this would be a similar, albeit much greater game than the free mod, "DayZ." However, when I got into the game, I found it rather lacking comparatively. It is a solid enough game, that is true, but the description included multiple maps of a much larger size than this, as well as mechanics that just don't exist in-game. I don't know if they intend to add these things with future updates, but the last update I saw lengthened the death time and added the option to buy in-game currency through your account, much like a free2play game. I'm not sure what is going on with this game, but I give it a 0 for blatantly sleazy salesmanship.
  42. Dec 19, 2012
    Bought it in Alpha, game was fun at the beginning then cheaters started ruining the fun every few hours.. Not interested anymore in that rip-off. So sad I can't have a refund...
  43. Dec 23, 2012
    I thought the warz was going to be good but now I realize it is horrible one reason is that I bought the game and it said i did not but now I agree it is horrible
  44. Dec 19, 2012
    this is just scam. there are numerous bugs, cheats, hacks and what do the developers do? they release a patch to increase the re-spawn time from 1 hour to 4 hours to get money from their instant re-spawn system. 40 US cent per re-spawn. you have got only five character slots.

even valve is apologizing and does now admit it was a mistake and has taken it down from steam.
  45. Dec 19, 2012
    It's not just that game is incomplete, or bugged. At first it was a good idea for a game.

But, lying about features, ignoring player base and punishing regular buyers is just unacceptable. Worst. Game. Ever.
  46. Dec 19, 2012
    Do not purchase this game...game is terrible, in game purchases with real currency is a ripoff, game looks like major crap, controls like crap, zombies move and attack like crap, features they promised on steam are missing and lies and above all this game is just a huge scam to squeeze every penny out of dumb consumers who fell for the **** they spewed out....avoid this game like the plague.
  47. Dec 19, 2012
    I love this game, I enjoy playing it with friends and I think it has potential but the developers keep focusing on the wrong things, I wouldnt mind at all not having 'seasonal items' but apparently they think adding santa hats and christmas trees is more important than problems like 1. getting rid of hackers 2. they need to do something about people dying instantly when you log in,I love this game, I enjoy playing it with friends and I think it has potential but the developers keep focusing on the wrong things, I wouldnt mind at all not having 'seasonal items' but apparently they think adding santa hats and christmas trees is more important than problems like 1. getting rid of hackers 2. they need to do something about people dying instantly when you log in, sometimes you dont have time to do anything you just spawn dead, and with the new 4 hour spawn time, that isnt fun at all. paying for revive? this isnt some facebook game, this is an mmo so treat it like one. I love this game very much, I am not trying to hate on it because I have had great time playing it but at the same time its upsetting. It was already a problem that items you buy with real money you can lose and now they are asking for even more money? I wouldnt mind donating money to the game, but with the developers barely paying any attention to the community, why would I do that? they arent making me want to donate because instead of the developers listening to opinions, they are literally telling players they are **** instead of acting professionally and dealing with problems people are bringing up. I want to see this game go somewhere, I enjoy it, but with the way the developers are treating it, its slowly becoming an embarrasment and not a great project like it could be. Expand
  48. Dec 19, 2012
    All those people that give it zero - that's not fair, it's not that bad. But it doesn't deserve more than 1/10. Definitely a beta, it's boring, and the player community is filled with griefers and spambots.

Blatant ripoff of dayz in every way, except the good ones.
  49. Dec 19, 2012
    Worst game ever released, both in terms of gameplay and of the studio's attitude.
    The core features are missing or badly implemented. More than half of what is advertised is false.
    For example, the stealth system is a simple radius depending on whether you're standing still/walking/running. No progression or slow decreasing when changing of state and so on. Also, most people that

Also, most people that gives a good review do it to "balance the score" or against "DayZ fanboys". They're bringing the subject themselves.
  50. Dec 19, 2012
    I once though about buying this game someday. That was before all the drama involved with the Steam release of the game. The gaming industry doesn't need unprofessional developer that treat their customer like idiots.
  51. Dec 19, 2012
    Awful graphics compared to the majority of similar games, poor HUD, poor map, micro-transactions, lies on the Steam descriptions of the game, and lies from the devs - the only good thing about this game is that Steam have taken it down and are offering refunds to everyone who bought it.

Do not buy this game, now or ever - the devs have shown with their dishonesty and censorship that they don't deserve your money.
  52. Dec 19, 2012
    I really hate being lied to by a developer to buy their game, so hence the low score. Got it on steam, where the developer had lied about the state the game was in. Then found that every aspect of the game is monetised (even in their own FAQ they state that there are no hidden costs!), you even have to pay to respawn your character or wait a painful 4 hours to be revived annoying afterI really hate being lied to by a developer to buy their game, so hence the low score. Got it on steam, where the developer had lied about the state the game was in. Then found that every aspect of the game is monetised (even in their own FAQ they state that there are no hidden costs!), you even have to pay to respawn your character or wait a painful 4 hours to be revived annoying after someone has killed you just as you spawn! :D it glitches like mad, I died from falling about a inch from the ground... just feels like they're out to get as much cash from me as possible, so asked steam for a refund (they have now removed it from their store).... Don't buy the game It's Terri-bad! Expand
  53. Dec 19, 2012
    The people who made this game are straight up con artists. After the game started selling from false advertising on features that aren't even in the game; they added a 4 hour respawn time to your character and give you the option to pay real money to bring your character back to life so you don't have to wait 4 damn hours to start playing again. Skip this abortion of a game.
  54. Dec 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Awful zombie logic's , (The zombies logics should be perfect as its the only part of the game that isnt stolen from war inc.) , Lot's of hackers (No anti-cheat has been developed) , Random bannings. Dev's spawning in weapons and calling customers **** (Prejudice towards homosexuals) , Overall the game should be closed down and all customers to be refunded the full amount paid.

Sergey titov , You have failed :L
  55. Fal
    Dec 19, 2012
    Just helping Sergey Titov accomplish his dream of creating the top 3 worst rated games on Metacritic. Go dude, you've almost beaten Big Rigs!

Game is bad: terrible graphics, animations, combat system, almost all the features they claim to be in the game are missing, it has an abusive cash shop & micro-transactions system (must pay to expand clan slots to an acceptable number [starting number is not even enough for 4 people], etc.). I could keep going.

Don't buy, spend your money elsewhere.
  56. Dec 19, 2012
    Nevermind that is a ripoff riding on the coattails of a popular - soon to be standalone mod, or the entrapment bans, or the ripped art assets, or the mods cheating, or increased revival times with paid respawns, falling damage bugs, poor graphics, bad textures, or the poor customer service denying people refunds because they played more than 15 minutes. This game is an unfinished piece ofNevermind that is a ripoff riding on the coattails of a popular - soon to be standalone mod, or the entrapment bans, or the ripped art assets, or the mods cheating, or increased revival times with paid respawns, falling damage bugs, poor graphics, bad textures, or the poor customer service denying people refunds because they played more than 15 minutes. This game is an unfinished piece of **** from the developers of Big Rigs. The fact that there is even controversy and that it got pulled from Steam should tell you all you need to know. Expand
  57. Dec 19, 2012
    This game doesn't live up to the hype. Misrepresented screenshots and features misled many to prepurchase this game. I was one of the unlucky ones that bought this before there were reviews available on the internet. I tried to like this game, I REALLY did, but the behavior of the dev's is unprofessional and accusing when addressing issues from the community. Ban's have been dished out toThis game doesn't live up to the hype. Misrepresented screenshots and features misled many to prepurchase this game. I was one of the unlucky ones that bought this before there were reviews available on the internet. I tried to like this game, I REALLY did, but the behavior of the dev's is unprofessional and accusing when addressing issues from the community. Ban's have been dished out to people for showing criticism on the forums or in game chat. Behavior issues aside, this game is not good. It will take a lot of work to get where Hammerpoint wants it. Multiple issues take away from this game. The textures look like something out of an original Xbox game as well as a lot of the modeling. There are numerous hackers in every server. Many others started using hacks to stay alive from the hacking bandits. The models are poorly put together in some places and leave gaps that are only visible from one angle. Few are friendly and a 4 hour wait to respawn makes it apparent the developers don't really want you to PLAY, just give money. Speaking of money, it costs 50GC (which equates to $0.40 USD) to revive yourself early (and definitely is part of a Pay2Win feature in my book.) Ridiculous. As someone who bought into the hype and have already purchased this, I recommend skipping this game. Expand
  58. Dec 19, 2012
    Clearly the developers of this game have no respect for their intended market, intellectual property law, criminal law or otherwise. Their actions are literally illegal, not to mention incredibly bad business practice. In my opinion they should offer everyone who purchased the game under false pretenses an immediate and full refund with no exceptions as they clearly are not interested inClearly the developers of this game have no respect for their intended market, intellectual property law, criminal law or otherwise. Their actions are literally illegal, not to mention incredibly bad business practice. In my opinion they should offer everyone who purchased the game under false pretenses an immediate and full refund with no exceptions as they clearly are not interested in selling a product that is fit for purpose. Expand
  59. Dec 19, 2012
    This game could of been good... But copying a mod and then failing at doing that... The fact of the matter is that they try to sell a alpha trying to say its a finished game. Then they try to sell power... It's pathetic... So pathetic valve removed it off steam... Horrible games are like bad rats... There is so much more it isn't funny...
  60. Dec 19, 2012
    Game has a good foundation, but the error is how manufacturers are not listening to what the players think. they are downright miserable out of listening to us players
  61. Dec 19, 2012
    MONEY MONEY MONEY, thank god this **** game got taken off steam, and i really hope it never comes back, its nothing but a cheap rip-off from DayZ, you lied about so many features that it says on your forums. + you mean the respawn time 4 hours, or you can pay money, you greedy fat **** All warz is lies, its all lies lies lies, 100 people on a server NOPE, skill tree NOPE,
  62. Dec 19, 2012
    Unfortunately, when a game company acts in a disgraceful way, It's very hard for me to even look at the game. The amount of lies these devs have come out with is ridiculous. False advertising, being rude to customers, lying about statistics, game features and about the company itself. This is clearly a pop up company planned to make as much money off a false pretense and then running. TheUnfortunately, when a game company acts in a disgraceful way, It's very hard for me to even look at the game. The amount of lies these devs have come out with is ridiculous. False advertising, being rude to customers, lying about statistics, game features and about the company itself. This is clearly a pop up company planned to make as much money off a false pretense and then running. The game itself isn't even that bad! The game it's clearly based on is the popular Arma 2 mod "DayZ" and so it has so much room for potential, except they are more worried about money than actually making a good game. Steam is a trusted online store, and the fact that they published these blatant lies on the store page either shows cooperation with this company or that they take no care and attention to what they sell you. Either way, this should hurt Steams reputation a lot more than it probably will.

As this is a score for the game itself, I feel it is still around a 3, but a little side note. DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR MONEY.

To all the people saying to "stop whining" maybe you should research a little, because we all have every right to be pissed off.
  63. Dec 19, 2012
    Thrown off steam after 24 hours. Enough said? Hackers. more?..... Developer called the players f*ggots. If thats not enough for you its Its simply a miserable game with a trolling griefing abusive community, and forums full of hate.. nothing at all to do in this game. totally filled with hackers. awful graphics. bad framerates. not one redeeming feature. horrible micropayments (pay toThrown off steam after 24 hours. Enough said? Hackers. more?..... Developer called the players f*ggots. If thats not enough for you its Its simply a miserable game with a trolling griefing abusive community, and forums full of hate.. nothing at all to do in this game. totally filled with hackers. awful graphics. bad framerates. not one redeeming feature. horrible micropayments (pay to win) system... endless list of broken or useless features... the guns are **** the sounds are poor, the animations are garbage, and it runs like crap. Expand
  64. Dec 19, 2012
    A simple google search will show how bad this games community management team is. Sergey is nothing but a liar. From the horrid lies on steam to grab a quick buck from unsuspecting people. The horrid gamespy interview. He Avoids all questions. The Mods are 16 year old kids run by kwerk. they are banhappy you question a simple problem inside the game expect a warning or ban. The gameplayA simple google search will show how bad this games community management team is. Sergey is nothing but a liar. From the horrid lies on steam to grab a quick buck from unsuspecting people. The horrid gamespy interview. He Avoids all questions. The Mods are 16 year old kids run by kwerk. they are banhappy you question a simple problem inside the game expect a warning or ban. The gameplay its self isnt too bad. Most of the stuff is jacked from WAR INC and the textures are Urgh but its still enjoyable. Just be warned of the 32747247 hackers. Oh and the chance of been ban for been legit. cause than you gotta rebuy the game and sink even more money into sergeys pockets. the game recives weekly ddos hits. and wiki hacks of people uprising against sergeys Bs.. Expand
  65. Dec 19, 2012
    Don't purchase, save your money. Developers lied, cheated, and stole. They took gamers money with open arms and embraced it, while shoving out an unfinished game.
  66. Dec 19, 2012
    Unfinished, yet was released as "foundation state" or whatever they call it, full of bugs, EXTREMELY micro-transactions dependent, poor support, heavily censured community and CRAP HR
  67. Dec 19, 2012
    i bought this game at its initial alpha release for the price of the legend package (~$50) because the list of features was so appealing. Skill Points, multiple large maps, server hosting, strongholds, Bandit/Hero ratings and a Wanted board, friends lists, build your own bases, trade with other strongholds, time capsules (for messages), missions (from NPCs and players) as well as somei bought this game at its initial alpha release for the price of the legend package (~$50) because the list of features was so appealing. Skill Points, multiple large maps, server hosting, strongholds, Bandit/Hero ratings and a Wanted board, friends lists, build your own bases, trade with other strongholds, time capsules (for messages), missions (from NPCs and players) as well as some beautiful screenshots and it wasnt going to be 'pay to win'. Since then, we have seen none of this except....time capsules. oh, and a weak mission system that has only just been launched. the graphics are awful (the girls are bow-legged and the textures terrible - the trees look like the tent pattern from DayZ), the map is tiny and sparse, and most of the game is spent pointlessly looking for items only to be shot by an enemy you never saw. and im only scratching the surface here...but ill spare you since everyone else has shredded it quite thoroughly. the truth is, this game is not as advertised. i feel misled and cheated. i do not feel like i have gotten $15 worth of playtime out of it yet, let alone what i paid. of the dozen of my friends that bought it, none of us play regularly and over half dont play at all anymore. I was thrilled by the prospect of WarZ. their pitch for the alpha was brilliant. it was like the Dayz i already loved, but with more and built as its own game with a new team and new ideas. man, that game i *thought* i bought was going to be awesome!!!
    but it hasnt happened. and based on the limited input from the developers, it may never happen. i still have hope...that the warz i dreamed of could still be a reality...that i will get to play that beautiful, terrifying game with all my friends and everything will be puppies and rainbows.... rabid zombie puppies..
    but do i believe it will happen??
    i dont know...i just dont know...
  68. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is utter garbage, a very poor port over from War Inc, asking for a refund gets you threatened with being blacklisted for further online purchases!!!. its a total scam, Avoid at all costs. If I could rate this as a negative number I would.
  69. Dec 19, 2012
    no do not buy the game, do not look at the game.
    spread the word this game is a grab for money and if people just don't even bother looking at the game.
    these people should be ashamed of them self's providing false advertising which is illegal in most countries. this company should be shut down and all their games boycotted.
  70. Dec 19, 2012
    Purchased this game at the end of October/beginning of November. The game is engrossing and will take up a lot of your time. However, there are numerous glitches which make the game rather unplayable such as being stuck in rocks, being able to climb trees (hackers), zombies being able to climb/bump themselves on top of safe areas, no ability to fight without a melee weapon, lack of meleePurchased this game at the end of October/beginning of November. The game is engrossing and will take up a lot of your time. However, there are numerous glitches which make the game rather unplayable such as being stuck in rocks, being able to climb trees (hackers), zombies being able to climb/bump themselves on top of safe areas, no ability to fight without a melee weapon, lack of melee weapons in game, etc. Main issue I have is I bought the game not realizing it was just going to be about pvp and people just killing each other. Its an excellent concept, but isn't being carried out properly. Expand
  71. Dec 20, 2012
    Utterly horrible game, obivious cashgrab. You can read about it everywhere so i wont bother to start talking about all of it, this game deserves to die and give everyone refunds :)
  72. Dec 20, 2012
    There s only lies about this sheet in game descriptions!!!!! I think the developers just want gent more bucks and drop the project! Can advice to everyone not to buy this terrible piece of sheet!
  73. Dec 20, 2012
    Don't waste your time with this piece of **** there's a reason it was removed from Steam (source: http://au.gamespot.com/news/the-war-z-removed-from-steam-6401770). Save your well earned cash for the Day Z standalone coming out next year. If you accidentally bought this trainwreck, request a refund from Valve and they will happily oblige or if you bought it from the War Z website, go toDon't waste your time with this piece of **** there's a reason it was removed from Steam (source: http://au.gamespot.com/news/the-war-z-removed-from-steam-6401770). Save your well earned cash for the Day Z standalone coming out next year. If you accidentally bought this trainwreck, request a refund from Valve and they will happily oblige or if you bought it from the War Z website, go to xsolla.com and ask for a refund. It may take a few tries but you will usually get your money back. Merry Christmas. Expand
  74. Dec 20, 2012
    Probably would have rated this a little bit higher as I have had fun playing it, however:

- Hackers are a massive problem, nothing has been done about it, other than implementing one of the stupidest things ever - loot bait. Placing items inside of walls which only people using ESP would know about. This led to a lot of legitimate player accounts being banned. There's a so-called anti-cheat system which analyses player patterns - this isn't good enough. I might as well go and buy some hacks now, I'll never get caught.

- Each patch seems to fix 5 bugs, and introduce 10 more. Patch release dates as well as promised features are constantly late, or not implemented at all. Other patches introduce things which are blatant money making schemes. Changing revive times to 4 hours, but then adding an option to PAY to revive instantly for example, right on top of Christmas, when they know more people will be playing, and have money to spend - despite the fact that you're probably going to die to hackers more often than not.

- Lying about features in the game - and then blaming customers for 'misinterpreting' information - the information could only be interpreted one way - it's a blatant case of false advertising (STEAM removed it from sale the same day it was launched on there. Also, check out the article on Forbes and GameSpy for more info.)
  75. Dec 20, 2012
    This game was recently removed from Steam a few days after it was added. Not surprising, considering its pre-alpha stage release. The graphics are considerably inferior to what you'd normally see from a game released in 2012, the servers hold a maximum of 50 people (the devs promised around 250), and lots of features promised are either broken or unimplemented (such as the skills). TheThis game was recently removed from Steam a few days after it was added. Not surprising, considering its pre-alpha stage release. The graphics are considerably inferior to what you'd normally see from a game released in 2012, the servers hold a maximum of 50 people (the devs promised around 250), and lots of features promised are either broken or unimplemented (such as the skills). The zombies are broken - they can hit you even if you're not close to them, and, for instance, a baseball bat hit to the head will do much less damage than a gunshot from a 9mm pistol to the foot. Another major problem is the fact that falling from a light slope will hurt your character. Also, you can't swim!
    The developers are also extremely unprofessional - they do not refund unsatisfied costumers, and frequently insult other players on the forums (the most well-known case being the producer accusing campers of being f**gots).
    In short, if you want an awful, broken, unbalanced game, then this one's for you. Otherwise, just stay away from it...
  76. Dec 20, 2012
    Game, (can you even call this a game) is terrible, is copy paste all over the place, ideas, art, music, everything is taken from other games, movies etc... not worth a single buck.
  77. Dec 20, 2012
    I never thought I should make a review like this. I'm always careful when I buy a new game, and I always check the reviews or play the demo before I decide if I want the game or not.
    But not this time... For the first time I bought something spontaneously... and I was PUNISHED!
    Reading about it on steam, and I really was like "WOW... this must be great, I've always wished a zombie apocalyptic mmorpg, and this sounds really cool.... But I was very dissappointed. First of all they claimed: "This is not a pay to win game" ... And well... Maybe they are right, I don't know. But it is certainly a "pay to play game" with lots of glitches and ingame hackers. With all those hackers you have a chance of surviving about maybe half an hour, that is if you stay in the forest, cause the bandits (and hackers) are camping outside both safezones and cities... But after this half an hour you will need to move to the city and gather supplies, but you got nothing- you can't even use your fists, actually you can ONLY run, so you have no chance to defend your self when campers encounter you.... Cause you can't do any damage at all. So: You get this half an hour of gameplay where you can do nothing but hide in the forest, and the when you head to the towns and die you will have to wait 4 hours before you can revive your character and play again... It's nothing but another pvp, but a pvp where you spawn close to campers, with nothing to defend your self with- (again) not even your fists. And then when you spawn in front of campers/bandits you die and have to wait 4 hours before you can spawn again! (you do not have any options that allows you to play pve- or just alone with friends. you CAN'T host own servers- so you have to play pvp!- with hackers, bandits etc) So my adwise must be: STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME! Not only is the game unplayable... The developers are lying, cheating, greedy and worst of all they actually ban innocent players who point out the problems to be solved. The developers does not want to make a game... They want to make some money!!!

I apologize for my bad english.. It is not my mother tongue. But I hope you get the point: Don't buy this!
    You can read a more detailed (and on real english) article here:

Kind regards
    Miscreant.
  78. Dec 20, 2012
    Probably the worst game I have ever played. I'm just glad it wasn't me that bought it, I feel sorry for my friend.
  79. Dec 20, 2012
    Personally, I like all this post-apocalyptic stuff. But as the requirements for Day Z where a little bit to expensive for me at that moment, I was quite exited about War Z.
    When I paid for it, I knew what I was getting. I knew it was beta. That's what the add said. Later, after I registered and read the forum for a while, I learned the game was in alpha, but already out to play.
    I
    I thought it not so bad, as I knew it from Minecraft. Well... War Z is improving, but the communication is really bad. There are polls in the forum, where people ask for pve-servers, most player say they would play there... the pvp-aspect is out of control, communication in-game is impossible... you're dead before you can say anything. While the game has a lot chances to become something great, it doesn't look like there is anything done in that particular direction.
  80. Dec 20, 2012
    Very underwhelming and quite frankly a huge joke . Active players being banned so that they buy new accounts. False claims. Blatant copying of Dayz. Hopefully all the people who have gotten refunds will drive this company into the ground.
  81. Dec 21, 2012
    I purchased this game and Immediately regretted my decision, It was still in Beta and I was not informed this when I purchased it on steam, When I asked the Dev's for a refund I was refused. Play The ARMA II mod DayZ it is free and a much better alternative
  82. Dec 22, 2012
    This game is just total **** I mean, the game isn't even worth the money.
    It's just total **** Developers lie and can only make the game enjoyable if they hack items and spawn zombies into the game, zombie animations and AI are outdated and have very little effort put into them, game has only been in development for 6 months with about 7 developers.
  83. Dec 22, 2012
    Worst game ever, this whole scam is a ripoff heavily advertised junk. The graphics too bright and make you feel giddy after hours of playing. Alot of the features are not implemented and differs from what is advertised. Dont get this! You have been warned or suffer the burden of this game.
  84. Dec 23, 2012
    Lied about features included in the game. No help from support. Misleading name to draw in DayZ players. Stay far away. The game is terribly optimized and crashes endlessly. Textures don't load. Many listed features have no been implemented.
  85. Dec 23, 2012
    What an awful game. Misleading advertising, I was under the impression the game was completed... Turns out it wasn't complete at all. Who was at fault? APPARENTLY ME! According to the War Z development team, the customers are too stupid to read and didn't understand the product description. Good way to keep your customers happy...
  86. Dec 23, 2012
    Possums are quadrupedal diprotodont marsupials with long thick tails. The smallest possum, indeed the smallest diprotodont marsupial, is the Little Pygmy Possum with an adult head-body length of 70mm and a weight of 10g. The largest is the Bear Cuscus that may exceed 7 kg. Possums are typically nocturnal and at least partially arboreal. The various species inhabit most vegetated habitatsPossums are quadrupedal diprotodont marsupials with long thick tails. The smallest possum, indeed the smallest diprotodont marsupial, is the Little Pygmy Possum with an adult head-body length of 70mm and a weight of 10g. The largest is the Bear Cuscus that may exceed 7 kg. Possums are typically nocturnal and at least partially arboreal. The various species inhabit most vegetated habitats and several species have adjusted well to urban settings. Diets range from generalist herbivores or omnivores (the Common Brushtail possum) to specialist browsers of eucalyptus (Greater Glider), insectivores (Mountain Pygmy Possum) and nectar-feeders (Honey Possum). Expand
  87. Dec 23, 2012
    Absolutely terrible, COMPLETE rip-off from DayZ. It has a ridiculous amount of in-game things you need to buy to barely play, hour long respawn time that needs money to shorten, etc. The game was made to trick the market to think it is like DayZ. it's not. It is extremely buggy, outdated, terrible graphics for this day and age,and all around just a ripoff to squeeze as much money out asAbsolutely terrible, COMPLETE rip-off from DayZ. It has a ridiculous amount of in-game things you need to buy to barely play, hour long respawn time that needs money to shorten, etc. The game was made to trick the market to think it is like DayZ. it's not. It is extremely buggy, outdated, terrible graphics for this day and age,and all around just a ripoff to squeeze as much money out as possible before it shuts down. And most importantly:

This game has The WORST customer service EVER. They are completely REFUSING ANY refunds whatsoever. There are hundreds of refunds because they BLATANTLY lied about tons of features on the steam store page.

Also, hundreds of players are being banned throughout the game, so some people only play for a day or so before being permanently banned for no reason, other than the hundreds of glitching causing them.
  88. Jan 18, 2013
    All I can say is wait for the DayZ standalone or get the DayZ mod, this sad excuse for a game called WarZ is nothing but a cheap rip off made obviously to milk the DayZ fanbase and to trick them into thinking this is the standalone.
    The WarZ would have to be the worst thing to happen to gaming, don't fall for Hammerpoints tricks.
  89. Jan 14, 2013
    Bought this game on Steam , what a disaster it is it plays like a flash game, walking around a huge open map of flat 2d images everywhere , the controls are clunk and the zombies are not zombies they are more like disgruntled old men who chase you every now and then don't seem to know what to do. I was hitting a zombie for about 5 minutes and the animations were just awful. I ran aroundBought this game on Steam , what a disaster it is it plays like a flash game, walking around a huge open map of flat 2d images everywhere , the controls are clunk and the zombies are not zombies they are more like disgruntled old men who chase you every now and then don't seem to know what to do. I was hitting a zombie for about 5 minutes and the animations were just awful. I ran around for a while with my museli bar and flashlight , then a player came up to me I said hello and he shot me in the head with his rifle and took my museli bar and flashlight hooray what a start that was , then I was told to wait 3-4 hours to play that character again or to pay MONEY to play again, what a joke i would rather play day z or any other zombie mod for a game , Halflife 1 is like heaven after this game oooh help me its a frustrating waste of money Expand
  90. Jun 21, 2013
    I could make a paragraph about this game's problems. But the real dealbreaker for anybody with common sense:

How do you manage to f*ck up zombie AI? That takes a special kind of stupid....
  91. Jun 24, 2013
    The worst game ever. It's full of hackers and bugs and it's no fun to play at all. I got 0% fun out this game it's just a huge scam to cash in on DayZ.
  92. Mar 7, 2013
    Not much help for new players. They are easily chased out of the game by gangs, bandits, and hackers. Controls are not very intuitive either. This game is a copy of the Day Z mod for Arma with many of the same problems and also new problems. While the concept is great and the game world looks nice, the lack of updates/fixes and the very high level of "unfriendliness to new players"Not much help for new players. They are easily chased out of the game by gangs, bandits, and hackers. Controls are not very intuitive either. This game is a copy of the Day Z mod for Arma with many of the same problems and also new problems. While the concept is great and the game world looks nice, the lack of updates/fixes and the very high level of "unfriendliness to new players" this game has prevents it from taking off. Not worth purchasing in it's current state and I wish I could get a refund. Expand
  93. Feb 13, 2013
    Worst crap ever! The developers seems to be born in a barn. Nono, we haven´t stolen EVERYTHING from Day Z, give us a break ffs! Are you really trying to getting us to belive that? The game is at it´s best mediocre, and that´s being kind to it. The fighting is dumb, weapons sounds like a toy and the sprinting is so stupid. I mean you can run for 30 seconds, but then you have to rechargeWorst crap ever! The developers seems to be born in a barn. Nono, we haven´t stolen EVERYTHING from Day Z, give us a break ffs! Are you really trying to getting us to belive that? The game is at it´s best mediocre, and that´s being kind to it. The fighting is dumb, weapons sounds like a toy and the sprinting is so stupid. I mean you can run for 30 seconds, but then you have to recharge stamina which takes 2-3 min.

And I don´t even want to start about the bugs, sure it´s an beta. But they have been working with for a while now, and it can´t be this hard to fix?
  94. Feb 26, 2013
    This game promised alot of stuff like cars,server hosting, and clans, but all that never happened plus a shop was added so players could buy ammo and ingame items without playing the game but if you die you lose your items and anyone can pick them up, owners also ban accounts so people have to pay even more money for their crappy product.

also the DEVs are bastards and pick on everyone

also the DEVs are bastards and pick on everyone there has being some cases where people have been banned for upto 2 weeks for killing a dev team member or even permabanned cause of it.

DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT IT IS A PILE OF go play dayz instead or wait for dayz standalone

also i used to be a legends member with warz got a refund within 1 hour cause the game was that bad.
  95. DrG
    Feb 26, 2013
    Terrible rip off made to cash in on Day-Z's success. If you even so much as try to complain on their forums about the dreadful quality of this falsely-advertised "game", you risk getting banned. Don't support this company full of scammers and con artists.
  96. Feb 26, 2013
    I came here just to give it a bad review, I don't own the game, but I can safely say, it's one of the most horrible games out there. Hammerpoint, I hate you so much, I created an account to give your game a bad review, I sincerely hope you guys die.
  97. Mar 6, 2013
    Looks like it should have been called SIMCITY /HIT&RUN. Feels like I just got rear ended! would call a cop but haven't had a chance to even make the city yet!!
  98. Mar 7, 2013
    Game had a lot of potential in the alpha stage, but soon completely skipped its beta phase and went to released with not even a fraction of promised features and absolutely no MMO functions, such as working skills, working clans, Freinds list, or even an account page for account control use. They recently add private servers which are a complete fail on every level. The price for theGame had a lot of potential in the alpha stage, but soon completely skipped its beta phase and went to released with not even a fraction of promised features and absolutely no MMO functions, such as working skills, working clans, Freinds list, or even an account page for account control use. They recently add private servers which are a complete fail on every level. The price for the servers would not be bad if the customer could actually have control over it (as of now all you can do is kick not even a ban function for a server YOU paid for).

They miss on allllll levels of development, PR, and just common sense. If you want a good idea of how their company works and sergey's past project (that he wasnt fired from) check out the war z forums and just see the amount of respect the player base gets.
  99. Apr 27, 2013
    Total scam. buggy, crashing mess. Do not believe the 7-10 range reviews, trust me it's not possible. Just look at all the gaming sites, not a single postiive review. The higher reviews here are all paid trolls. Ignore, I mistook this for the DayZ which I guess was the intention. It's a poor clone, badly implemented, crappy graphics and scamming game-play.
  100. Apr 3, 2013
    I really dont know why people are still defending this game.
    It says its an survival game, but you can buy everything you need to survive in the in-game shop, like food, medicine, melee weapons.
    When you die, you loose everything you have spent REAL money on and have to wait for an hour to play again. Also the graphics sucks, its glitchy as hell, its made by the infamous dude that made
    I really dont know why people are still defending this game.
    Also the graphics sucks, its glitchy as hell, its made by the infamous dude that made big-rigs(the 2nd worst game of all time, Warz stole his 1st place),and its overall just a poorly made rip-off of Dayz.

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.