1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 3872 Ratings

1. Apr 15, 2014
    I bought this game because I thought it would be really good due to it's plot, I guess I was COMPLETELY wrong. It doesn't ever work and the game is that bad that I've only played at least 2 hours of it before it started braking with error reports. Awful game, never buy it, never waste your money on this rubbish.
  2. Apr 14, 2014
    Don't fall for this money grabbing trap. Don't even waste time reading the reviews! Leave while you still can! You've gone far enough already! Don't play this game! Or even think about it! The developers of this game should all be fired and sentenced to life imprisonment and their forums shut down! All they want you to do is to buy the game and then spend money in the market or buying private server. This game is absolute garbage! It stinks! Expand
  3. Apr 9, 2014
    I think it is real funny how every positive review is a 9 or a 10, seems like score fixing, this game is a failure, yeah, play it for a few hours, then just like you had the need to find a new game and are thinking about this you will be looking for a new game again, just get a successful Zombie game, this copied DayZ by using WarZ then they had to change it do to legal action by you know who DayZ, it came off Steam at score 33 now it is back on with score of 20 and declining further as more people waste there $5, yes it was $15 now it is $5, see how desperate they are? The servers are either empty or with a small group of friends, and hackers are there still this game does not use VAC or PB nothing, also you have micro transactions, yeah buy some extra bullets, **** stupid. Expand
  4. Apr 5, 2014
    This game is all pvp. You need a harvesting tool to get wood and stone. You need to get recipes to craft anything. A server costs about 20 dollars a week. I still cant find food and water. The game servers you have very little customization. You can get in infected with all types of parasites and the zombie virus. The good The nights re very dark. the zombies are great the terrain is great very good graphics. Expand
  5. Apr 3, 2014
    A ripoff and a scam. Do not purchase this product. If you feel like "Eh, the meta critic reviews aren't everything, maybe it's a troll" Just, don't listen to your inner self and don't even give them even the 5$ sale price. If you want a game that's more fast paced than DayZ with the same general feel, grab Nether. But in the end, Day Z is the game to get for this genre.
  6. Mar 19, 2014
    There is a reason there is a -90% promo on this game at the moment and this reason should not make you buy this game. I made the mistake do not repeat it.
  7. Mar 17, 2014
    Poorly made rip-off of DayZ. The developers openly lied on the Steam store. In addition, they felt it necessary to have in-game purchases even though the game is already a rip-off.

This is the only game on Steam that Valve has ever openly handed out refunds for. Think about that.
  8. Mar 17, 2014
    WOOOOOW ich habe 15 Euro für diese §$%§$% gezahlt ich schäme mich das ich es einen freund empfolen habe und er es sich gekauft hat ! es tut mir leide so ein Spiel würde ich nicht mal meinen schlimmsten feind Empfehlen. zur zeit kostet es 1.50€ bei Steam und es ist es echt nicht wert ! Jetzt haben sie es sogar noch schlimmer gemacht als es schon war du kannst jetzt mit F10 egal wo du bist einfach einkaufen....................das ist ein SURVIVAL GAME !!! wo mann sich egal wo einfach was kaufen kann .........Posapocaliptischer Pizza Service !!!!!!!!!!
    Leute geht zum Flohmarkt und kauft gebrauchte Oma Schlüpfer da habt ihr 1000x mehr von.

oder kauft euch ein Buch !
    egal was nur nicht dieses hingekotzte counterstrike / dayz rip off

KAUFT ES NICHT ES VERBREITET KREBS !
  9. Mar 15, 2014
    Infestation is a good game, but it's a copy off dayz and there are so much hackers and bugs. If this game had any differential of dayz I even recommend ...
  10. Mar 13, 2014
    My original review of this title when it was known as "The WarZ" was incredibly generous, but now I see this game for what it is, a scam. It places you in an unattractive glitchy world full of terrible zombie animations, ugly textures and unused space. The game runs awful and their coders have no clue what they’re doing. They are constantly changing the game, in bad ways. Loot has never been stable. It’s either out of control and you’re being flooded with finding chemlights at every spawn or you’re finding nothing. Hammerpoint is constantly finding ways to get their players to spend money. You can buy items in the marketplace, buy your own private server to avoid dying against players and buy premium which allows you to only have a hope at finding something of better value at a spawn point. The lead guy behind the title released a forum post saying that if people didn’t buy from the marketplace the game would eventually have to go offline. They even included a hotkey that opens the shop in-game for you to buy items and have them instantly (which has now been removed with the latest patch). If you’re looking for a “survival” game, this isn’t it. Infestation: Survivor Sandwiches (Kappa) is nothing but a money grab and is ran by a shady company that has no interest in making a quality title, but instead snagging as much money as they can while they kill off the game. I feel like I’m being generous with this again, but my score is definitely changing. Please, if you’re looking for a survival game avoid this piece of trash at all costs. Expand
  11. Mar 11, 2014
    Please guys Dont buy this game or you will regret about!
    This game is a complete ****
    The devs are taotally corupted
    BANS ARE RANDOMLY!
    ITS FULL OF HACKERS!
  12. Feb 24, 2014
    Graphics are great, game-play is smooth, but gold coins are required to re-spawn from dieing. The only way to get gold coins is to get some when killing zombies that I've never seen on the game only other online players or purchasing gold coins. The gold coins purchase part sucks I shouldn't have to spend more money on a game after I've already paid for it. I paid $7.99 for the game when it was on sale. If they got rid of the gold coin part of the game I would play all the time. Expand
  13. Feb 21, 2014
    I bought this game when it first came out to gain access to the early alpha. Since then many things... happened. I experienced that there were no remarkable changes for the better compared to what got worse or stayed the same. + zombie apocalypse + realistic thirst/hunger system - paying for a game shouldn't include "real money items" - forged ad pictures (still!) - endless development without significant changes
    - almost everytime fails at atmosphere and depth in gaming
    - still many hackers
    - frustrating loot system

And the list is ongoing. I am not sure if it even deserves 2/10 :
  14. Feb 18, 2014
    This game has only 1 fun thing about it and that's killing zombies. The zombies are a bit of a challenge too. Other then that it seems to be a HUGE rip off. There are lots of hackers, and to get around the hackers you can rent a private server. Once you rent the server which comes to $33 a month, you find out you have very few admin rights, in fact kicking players is about all you can do. You also rent the servers from the very company that makes the game. In order to use guns in the game you need ammo. That is not a bad thing right? Well in this game you have to buy the ammo from the cash shop, you can buy the ammo in small amounts using the ingame money but you soon realize that it costs a ton of ingame money to buy the ammo and the amount you buy is very small and really small and rather useless. The only way to get any real supply of ammo is using Gold credits purchased with real money. There is crafting in this game, but once again you need to use real money to purchase recipes. You cannot even build your own base. Overall DO NOT PURCHASE THIS GAME!!! Expand
  15. Feb 15, 2014
    A total rip off cash in, avoid at all costs. I gave this game the benefit of the doubt but in the end its all about maximising profit whilst giving the player a very simple and boring experience. Im surprised its not made by EA.
  16. Feb 8, 2014
    This is the worst game to be ever created.
    u will get perma baned, for no reason.
    u will get hacked.
    u will lose money u spend.
    They will make u rebuy it if u get baned.
    liers.
    cheaters.
    should be sued and taken off steam.
    thanks.
  17. Feb 6, 2014
    Id rather drag my balls across a thousand miles of glass .................................................................................. ...........
  18. Jan 31, 2014
    This game is useless. It is by far the most overprized piece of crap ever launched on Steam. I want my money back. This is a pure ripoff of the actually interresting DayZ. Developer claims things like they were first and what not which is totally wrong. Also people are getting banned from the official forums if they post critisism.
  19. Jan 28, 2014
    I was tempted into buying a game of relatively new genre. I liked the idea of game being based on relatively realistic survival, developers at that point promised that it will never become pay 2 win kind of game. So i decided to give full version a try.

What i got:
    1) Game is still in beta, lots of bugs, glitches and all sorts of uncalculated stupidities.
    2) Cheaters. Even in the
    full(paid) version of the game. It tells you about how much devs are "working" on fixing the issue.
    3) At some point couple weeks ago, devs introduced a new feature - access to marketplace at any point of the map with a click of single button(previously you could do it only on the safezones - 4 of them on the huge map):
    Sratving to death? - No problem, press F10
    Bleeding to death? - No problem, F10
    Blood toxication? - No problem, F10
    Out of ammo in a fight? F10
    Need extra meds in a fight? F10
    Survival aspect is gone.

Basically you'd be spending ingame money faster than you'd be earning it killing zombies if you're playing actively and after a few weeks at most, 99% of players will end up in a situation where they don't have enough ingame currency to utilize that marketplace, which leaves everyone to Cash options, that's where game turns into a freaking pay-to-win, still-broken-and-bugged garbage.

Not to mention the fact, that devs made a poll (THAT NOBODY HAD SEEN IN PROGRESS) they only showed "final results" where 58% were still against the feature. Open player-made poll on forum showed around 80-90% opposing the feature. And as far as i know that feature is still there.

Conclusion:
    Game has a potential... or rather had a potential. But money-hungry devs are finishing the game off right now, they ignore every single existing problem and are just trying to squeeze as much money as possible out of the dying thing.

Stay away from that garbage, if you want to try it - play trial, it's free and you'll get everything you'd get in the full game. In trial you'll get killed by a hacker, in full you'll get killed by a guy with virtually endless medkits and ammo.

DO NOT BUY THIS TRASH.
    It causes bigger buyer's remorse than a useless thing costing 4-digit-amount-of-$$$$,
    stay away from that dev-team too, save yourselves some nerves.
  20. Jan 28, 2014
    I have been waiting to give a review since I naively paid for this so called game when it came out. DO NOT BUY THIS DO NOT EVEN PLAY IT you will save yourself a lot of time and trouble.

The developers are **** and are simply money grabbing pricks who force purchasing of in game items to play. It is a shining example of greed and the shame of the gaming community.
  21. Jan 28, 2014
    READ!
    YOU PAY FOR THE GAME! AND THEN YOU PAY FOR MORE STUFF IN THE GAME!

Original title of the game is The War Z Read about it and forget about this **** company and their ways of getting money...

its basicly a ripoff from Dayz with a pay to win
  22. Jan 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. just fail game. walk = wall dc and after login you are just dead by random zombies ( before dc i killed all ) .............................. Expand
  23. Jan 23, 2014
    I'm giving it a one as the game is playable. That's the only reason as the game is still suffering from monumental bugs, issues and other problems (hackers). It has now been more then a year and it hasn't improved a bit. The cars, "super-zombie" and the hilariously buggy "flanking" zombie are nothing that actually helps the game.

PVP oriented "survival" game and there is a button to
    simply press F10 to immediately get into the shop. Don't know if they removed it but I would wager they did as their development team seem very schizophrenic at best. Expand
  24. Jan 12, 2014
    So many people making sarcastic ratings and giving them 10's when they should be helping inform the public, this game was a quick cashin with many models being taken from their previous "tdm" game that they have largely ignored since moving to their next cashin their business model focuses on you losing all your stuff ingame and having to use the ingame store to even have a chance, makes the cost to an already overpriced 15$ to100+ dollars depending on how long it takes you to realise its a scam Expand
  25. Jan 8, 2014
    I played this game from beta and TERRIBLE game with NO SUPPORT. It's only unbalanced PVP it's mean that you will be killed few minutes after log in to some server with some players if you don't take IK from zombie. Support i think that there is not support, I am waiting 14 days for some response from support because i have login problem with email and nobody wasn't sent me no feedback. To my created escalation request they wrote me: "Further tickets on the same issue will be considered spam and can allow us to remove you from the support system. Please wait patiently until we can answer your original ticket." what does it mean wait for what Hate this game, hate their support. If you want play zombie survival game try State of decay or DayZ. Expand
  26. Dec 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Do not purchase this game. They can delete/ban/block your account with reason or without reason *READ THE CONTRACT* Admin can ban you if he think you are using cheaters... *they will not help you if you lose items on your inventory* Well you can try the support it will take more than 1 month to they get back with you. The game should be great only thing need to fix is the administrator of it *more like they run it on the back of a garage* A word SCUM they are* Expand
  27. Dec 24, 2013
    Absolutely terrible gam and unprofessional devs that give indie games a bad rap. On their stream you can watch and listen as developer Artemis knives berates customers in the most profane and vile manner.
  28. Dec 23, 2013
    My god... This game is win or forever be mad... Also have a beastly PC or die... Which in my case I don't have a great computer at the time of writing this up. I do like this game at times but they really need to do more stress testing on different built PCs because honestly the amount of times I have had to just endure the problems with AMD/ATI graphic issues have been too much for my money to be well spent. I would assume that after they got the word about people selling GC for a far cheaper price they got working on removing the feature to trade it slowly. This game had the portential but has been ruined by people who might be good at making a game but only make them selfs look like they do their job the part where money comes in. I do not recommend this game to people who don't have the time/skills to play this game. I have not had the skills nor the PC to play this game and PVP only PVE. Expand
  29. Dec 21, 2013
    Do not buy this game if you're thinking of buying something! If i were you i'd rather buy Day Z (since War Z, or as it is now Infestation: Survivor Stories or something, is basically a ripoff of Day Z.) Also they keep saying that there are things in-game which is really not there. I'd rather go buy Day Z, 7D2D (7 Days To Die) or Rust.
  30. Dec 20, 2013
    I gave this game a chance, but he disappointed me and I regretted buying it. Poor graphics, creppy online service and a ridiculous. And besides, I could not play at any moment due to bugs in the game. I hate this! It's the worst game I ever played.
  31. Dec 18, 2013
    At first we found this game very addicting and fun with my friends. We played it almost everyday and had fun at the same time. So one day they said that they will make it look better(graphics), we were a bit excited but when it was released, we were extremely disappointed. Two of my friends couldn't play it anymore, because the developers raised the graphics card requirement. I could only play with one of my friend, because he had a more powerful computer.
    Everyone started asking for the graphics to be lowered back to normal or give us a chance to set shadows OFF and lighting on LOW. So some weeks later they announced a new patch, that they now gave us a chance to turn off shadows. We thought we could play again. But we were disappointed again.
    The only settings before were High/Ultra, they only changed the labels not the real effect. After that people started asking on the forums about it and complaining and the got banned for it and posts were removed. You couldn't even search a post with a tag "fps" in it, it was not allowed.
    They just ruined a good game
  32. Dec 12, 2013
    je donne la note de 1 car ce jeu es coder avec les pied les dev's font n'importe quoi .
    le jeu banni les compte de maniere aleatoire un de mes compte a etai banni pour avoir un overlay sur mon teamspeak donc 15 de fichu pour rien apres une semaine de jeu je deconseil ce jeu
  33. Dec 10, 2013
    This game is just terrible. I played this game for awhile and then they started changing stuff like loot spawns. They changed it to where you could almost not find back packs...but they were on sale for real money in their shops. The game is poorly designed and optimized for any PC. DO NOT SUPPORT THIS COMPANY! HP's other games are also terrible just look at their track record including Sergey Titov's (owns HP) track record. Expand
  34. Dec 3, 2013
    This is the masterpiece from the biggest money horny producer ever.
    I thought that the game will show potencial but nothing.
    MONEY MONEY MONEY
    Taking a free 2 play engine and trying to use pay 2 pay pay 2 win
  35. Dec 1, 2013
    ce jeu est fait avec le derche...--' une mise jour ultra bugé tous les 6mois... les vidéo de présentation ont 15ans d'avance par rapport au jeux c'est juste une machine fric...une véritable arnaque un conseil ne le prennez pas attendez plutot la suite de state of decay avec son multi prévus pour l'année prochaine, celui là est complètement merdique honnetement...et je me suis accroché pourtant Expand
  36. Nov 30, 2013
    Very bad ripoff of DayZ. The game was previously called "The War Z" before they changed it to avoid the bad press. In addition to being a complete ripoff, the game is very poor quality and has many bugs. The company has very bad customer support, often bans active players with no reason and no way to get your money back.
  37. Nov 30, 2013
    Waste of time and money, just it. I have nothing more to say, just to full this 150 characters. This game sucks, I play since the alpha, and almost nothing changes, the developers only care about the money.
  38. Nov 30, 2013
    Waste of time and money.
    Poor graphic, missing features from description, lots of bugs, poor animations, broken mechanics.

If you want to enjoy your evening just buy bottle of vodka and some sushi.
  39. Nov 29, 2013
    I came back to write a review just because I saw that this game has not improved. I bought this game when it came out on Steam and was one of many that got a refund for this game via Steam.

They seriously changed their name from WarZ to Infestation: Survivor Stories? It's more like an infestation of crabs on any attempt of a good gaming experience. When this game came out, they promised
    vehicles, more maps and a no "pay to win" set-up.

I'm glad I got my money back. Knowing that I saved myself unspeakable rage.

As people say, get DayZ mod. If you don't mind single player open world zombie survival, give State of Decay a go. It's far more enjoyable the this garbage, it plays better, and you don't have hackers killing you and magically flying back onto roofs.

This review was my survivor story!
  40. Nov 28, 2013
    Its a true piece of $#!T, i put my money on a... i can't complete this with no offense.
    I lost my money buying this.
    Do not purchase this game.
    Frustation: Hackers Stories, this is the real name of this
  41. Nov 28, 2013
    There is no reason to give more than 1 "star" to the game, this is all a crap, poorly designed, and it appear like the devs automatically ban some players just to make money, when the players buy another account. DON'T BUY THIS GAME
  42. Nov 24, 2013
    I don't believe that I bought this stupid game for 30$ as pre-order. I feel to cheated. Now any can buy this game for only 3$. Game seems great but really this is much
  43. Nov 21, 2013
    Oh man, this is just evil. I think it is pretty accepted that The War Z is one of the worst games made in the past few years. Or decades. The reasons have been stated time and time again Blatant lies from the company, utterly broken mechanics... The list goes on.
    But now, just to prove that you can sink even lower, they're trying to scam new players by changing their name and rereleasing
    the same garbage. No fixes. No nothing Just a new name. The "0" score applies to both the game and those that made it. Expand
  44. Nov 21, 2013
    DO NOT BUY! The Dev team are a complete joke, (led by ArtemisKnives an arrogant immature 26 year old sellout who acts like he's straight out of highschool) and they constantly troll their community out of money. It's broken promise after broken promise They put the game on steam sale then SCAM you out of your money by removing gameplay mechanics to suit their needs. The Devs make fake forum accounts to support their own game in hopes of keeping people from leaving. Look to Youtube for honest reviews.. this game is better known as scamZ for a reason! Expand
  45. Nov 21, 2013
    No not buy this game, just don't. Any reviews you see that are giving this any more than a 3 are probably getting paid by the developers. Since this game's release, it has changed very little, a lot of the boring game play, bugs and glitches hackers and extortion by the developers remains with little attempt to fix them since.

Not to mention hammerpoint's appalling business practices,
    suppressing negative opinions of their game, paying people off to hype their game among other things. Expand
  46. Nov 21, 2013
    I really only have these words to say about this... this monstrosity of a game...

Pure. Utter. Garbage.

Do not ever buy this game, ever, be smart with your money, get DayZ instead, its SO much better I assure you.
  47. Nov 21, 2013
    Theres alot of rumors around this game, I'll just tell you the hard facts. nough people are voicing themselves about the unjust bans, DevinH a former mod of the forum was banned for this reason. Just google Warz bans DevinH. Reason why I don't call that a rumor is because there is some evidence to it. Sergeytitov the admin (and executive producer) of the new warz forums gave an apology to the fanbase about us "misreading the steam page", its the worst apology ever.

Google Mad Mack warz open letter, he'll outline the unjust bans & bs. But what it comes down to is this. They falsely advertised it, saying it had all kinds of features that the actual game doesn't have.. they stole art from Walking Dead, and used it in their own promotional campaign. They copy pasted the terms of service from league of legends.. they couldn't even be bothered to make a proper legal document for the bloody game they are trying to sell us..

What it comes down is this... its boring. It's Dayz with alot of features missing, and 1 or 2 convenience features thrown in.
  48. Nov 20, 2013
    This game is a complete shame to all pc gamers.THIS GAME IS TERRIBLE.Complete ripoff of dayz,and it's way worse.Glitches,hackers,stupid zombie ai,PAY TO WIN,horrible textures and skins and so on.
    Basically,it's not a zombie apocalyse survival simulator,it's a free for all with some glitchy and op zombies amongst. DO NOT BUY IT,YOU WILL BE SCAMMED
  49. Nov 20, 2013
    worst game ever. they recently had a patch that limits their player's global inventory to 200 slots. the developers are so greedy that they will find any way to make you spend money on their game. i.g. making slots from unlimited to 200 slots so that players would have to buy lockers. greedy bastards! this game should not even be on steam. they are so slow at developing the game too. A LOT OF HACKERS ALSO! Expand
  50. Nov 19, 2013
    I have purchased this game because i played Day Z before.. this game was from start very bad, buggy and there was lot of cheaters.
    Now after 6 months.. they made so many bad updates and core misleads. I spend here lot of money for gear and they had limited global inventory. Maybe is time for asking for refund. Warning, don't buy this game if u don't want leave it after year with tears in
    your eyes. There are still lot of cheaters and amateur developers. Expand
  51. Nov 19, 2013
    I bought this on sale for less than a fiver a while ago. After all the bad press and controversy I thought to myself, "Meh, how bad can it be?" Turns out it can be bad, real bad. With terrible textures, next to no animations, microtransactions for crap you'll use or lose within minutes, hackers, fraudulent developers, a tonne of copyright breaches, and some of the worst false advertising I have ever seen... this is BAD... I could have discarded this as just a badly made game but all the things happening behind the scenes just shames the title even further. Expand
  52. Nov 18, 2013
    Takes the biscuit as the worst game I've ever bought... Massively regret buying it. Save your money and your heartache and buy something, anything else.
  53. Nov 18, 2013
    Worst game ever for many reasons. It is a rip-off, the developer doesn't care about it's customers, it is still full of bugs, PONG has a better A.I. than this game, this game has been falsely advertised many times, the controls are weird, the game is filled with cheaters.. I could continue forever.
  54. Nov 14, 2013
    This game has potential. While most don't see it, this could easily be a very good game, but it's going to take a lot of work in order to get it good. As it is, it's pretty much unplayable. It tries to be like DayZ, putting you into a zombie world, with zombie things, and lots of guns, but they messed this up entirely. Zombies aren't your issue, other players are. They'll kill you before you even see a zombie, and this is just one of the few issues. And when you do encounter a zombie, good luck killing it. It takes them 20-40 hits to kill, and it only takes them 3 or 4 to kill you. Do yourself a favor; stay away from this game. Expand
  55. Nov 12, 2013
    This game should really be avoided. I tried it on a trial, so luckily i haven't spent any money on this.
    I have been killed 3 times by hackers in my short time of playing (around an hour or so overall). One flying, second one shooting me through a rock, third one running at light speed.
    Then there's this annoying crash bug that randomly crashes whole pc without any other option than to
    push a reset button. Happened to me 4 times. I did try every solution available on the forums. Including ridiculous ones like reinstalling whole system. It only happens to me on this game and i have a high end PC.
    I also got stuck in the texture 3 times.
    All this in around an hour. I did try to give this a chance, but i just give up. Ridiculous.
    There should be a huge sign "work in progress" on steam. They claim it contains features it does not for what they can surely be sued.
    Also, the support is almost non existant. Going through forums i've seen problems that were totally ignored by devs (the crashes for example).
    Great idea served the worst way possible.

Do not play. Even for free. Even if they pay you.
  56. Nov 10, 2013
    banned without even playing the game, contact support and still no response after a week, avoid like the plague, last time i buy most expensive package to help this company.
  57. Nov 7, 2013
    as one above me said Do not purchase this game. Many features listed on Steam are completely missing.I repeat: do not purchase this game, you will not get what you think you are getting. Just look at the War Z forums to see the problems. developers are scamers dont trust wheir word today they promise one next day they forget their promises and whats worse whey where removed from steam do to violations Expand
  58. Nov 4, 2013
    This is the worst Game I ever bought and played.It's not worth ANY MONEY AT ALL.Many Bugs,Nearly no promised features found its way into the Game,even after a one year period.
    Worst Game and worst Publisher i ever encountered.
  59. Nov 2, 2013
    simply put... it is S***. don't waist your time or money. Get DayZ if you want a survival zombie game. now to fill the character limit this game is S***
  60. Oct 31, 2013
    There's not much more to be said about this since both critics and users have panned this so badly. However, since I moronically gave Hammerpoint my money I think stopping others from doing so is the only retribution I have.

This game could be fixed by only ONE feature and that's private servers (that you don't have to pay for/host yourself). I think I was under the impression I COULD
    do private servers when I bought it (had I only known). The game is wrought with so many hackers and bugs it's a vicious cycle trying to spawn, gather, (server-hop if threatened), run to safe zone. What happened to no 'pay-to-win' microtransactions? Buying rare backpacks and ammo in the store certainly seems like a big help in 'winning'.

I honestly can't even waste any more time on going into further details about why this game is so horrible. If I can get one person considering this game to not buy it I've done my job. Seriously, stop, go buy DayZ or support the ArmA developers and get the original mod.
  61. Oct 30, 2013
    Such a terrible game and one that is just a scam for the people involved. The creators are not nice, and ban people from their forums and game on a whim. Stay away from this game.
  62. Oct 29, 2013
    Worst game ever The developers want to pull the money out of the pockets of the players. THE GAME IS NOT FOR CHILDREN UNDER 18! HIGH ADDICTION FACTOR ESPECIALLY FOR CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE! Do not play it Sometime you regret having spent money for the game . Here's a few things that come to mind spontaneously: - It flies regularly out of the game "Punkbuster" kicks either match or you get errors. If you fly out of the game you will still be some time ingame Anyone can kill you in this period zombies or players .
    - Graphics bugs can be found anywhere Missing or incorrect textures. Flying objects or sunk in the ground.
    - At many specific points you just get lag. Lags when Chem lights or burning torches lying around .
    - Lag and bugs with zombies. Zombies hit from a distance. Zombies stuck in objects. Zombies teleport around.
    - Wait for 10 seconds until you can leave the game mostly you wait even longer. In time you can not cancel or defend themselves. For me, waiting times were up to 1 minute are not uncommon.
    - Many hackers in the game with Aimbot ESP, Wallhack & Flyhack Let's tell you anything. There are also hackers veterans server.
    - Lately, there are fewer and fewer servers and fewer players .
    - GC was prohibited .
    - You can only buy in-game dollars with GC. Prices in-game store dollars) were extremely elevated so that the customers need to buy more GC.
    - New maps have been promised for months and repeatedly postponed .
    Without private servers you can hardly play quietly On many players spawn camping with sniper rifles You can not trust anyone Private servers are very expensive about 50 dollars) for 1 month.
    - Premium Accounts (1650 GC) are not very good. While you get more than twice as much experience but the loot is not only more but better. Quantity rather than quality. But Premiumserver are Public. There are no premium private server. Therefore, the risk of dying during looting much higher. You get 900 GC back but only if one logs on once a day. Time is important.
    - The screenshots in Steam does not always correspond to the truth. A few zombies, characters, and weapons do not exist in the game.
    - Little customization of the characters. Some characters do not even have 2 look.
    - Game content are promised (eg cars) and are now canceled.
    - Many players were banned for no reason. The manufacturer was no answer. Players had to wait for months until they were able to play again. Some wait longer or forever.
    - PvE Here you'll find no PvE only PvP

Look around there are still dozens of other problems and complaints.
  63. Oct 27, 2013
    A scam of Tobacco-esque proportions.

But if you are a smoker and have no problem spending your hard-earned money just to occupy time, then The Scam Z is the game for you.

Even if one were to forgive the arrogant, lying, incompetent 'development team' who sold this title using entirely false advertising, by piggy-backing it onto the success of Day Z and it's upcoming standalone
    release you would still find nothing to regard as content anywhere in sight.

This 'game' was rushed out in under 6 months for one reason alone: to profit from the success and hype surrounding from something else Day Z.

The game is entirely broken, there is no development team and if you were to play it, you would find but an empty, featureless, barren wasteland, with one purpose alone to extract money from your wallet, by any means possible while offering as little product as possible.

Do not purchase, even if your survival depends on it. Succumb to the Zombies instead.

Sergey Titov should be banned from the gaming industry, for life.
  64. Oct 27, 2013
    This game is pure the company is pure and the customer support is pure pile of Don't give you money to this big joke of a so called "game company" it is worthless it should not exist! This is the bigges misstake of the year. They also perment ban people who bought the game for no reason. A company full of retards this is.
  65. Oct 26, 2013
    I purchased this game a few months ago, on July 2013. I was really busy with work etc, so I didn't play the game until 2 months later on September. I logged in, entered my purchased serial key for the very first time, and played for a few hours then logged off. After 2 days, I picked it up again and couldn't log in. It said my account was banned because the system detected I was a hacker. What the hell?! I purchased the game legitimately, barely played for 3~4 hours and I got banned?

So after doing a bit of Google search, it turns out EVERYONE who were in the same situation as me got banned. ANYONE who purchased the game and not activating their serial key or log in for around 2 months are considered as inactive, and are banned for no reason. Many people filed support and complaints and the lucky ones would get their account re-activated, AFTER 2 months of "investigation".

The game developers are shady and unprofessional. They even delete forum posts regarding this matter (as well as many others) just to hide the problems.
  66. Oct 25, 2013
    Absolute garbage, they tried to ridiculously copy the amazing game DayZ but did a pretty poor job... The game developers are not professional, I could say that they are amateur based on the troubles that have occurred concerning the naming rights of the game... Well, absolute trash, a cheap attempt to copy the success of DayZ but as you'll see it's way inferior as a game experience just wish I could give it a -1 score. Expand
  67. Oct 25, 2013
    Im lagging, there is hackers and im so pissed. i spent 3000$ with my moms credit card for in game credit and some guy hacked it and i cant get it back. this game sucks
  68. Oct 25, 2013
    Everything about this game is a lie, they claim to have started making it before Dayz no proof, false advertising on the steam page and microtransaction on a paid game
  69. Oct 24, 2013
    Worst game i ever see no account support worst punkbuster version (doesnt work at all) bunch of hackers,, bad in store credit (you need to buy ammo and medicine),,, bad fps textures this game is a joke >>>want some proof? go and check twitch ,,,,Infestation developers very unprofessional
  70. Oct 24, 2013
    Bought the game, played with my friends for a while, stopped playing for 2 months then got perma-banned. 1 month waiting and still no response from the support. Devs don't care about giving a good service, they just want you to buy more copies of the game.
  71. Oct 21, 2013
    Those devs abused a popular thing and made this cashgrab, their steampage is filled with lies, the game is filled with microtransactions such as if you don't pay your respawn time is multiple hours and much more. Avoid this game at all cost.
  72. Oct 20, 2013
    when i got this game on steam it said the game had x features, but then the game did not have any of the features and we had to hassle with steam to get refunds, so don't buy this game, they are liars
  73. Oct 20, 2013
    I've tried to defend The War Z as much as i possibly can but i understand why people would dislike this game, it's unfair and it WILL steal your money.... The game is pay to win(more) and is filled with hackers.

The game is ruined because of how unprofessional the Dev's are and how much of a douche-bag Sergey is.
  74. Oct 17, 2013
    Many cheaters, the whole game is buggy with infected through walls, you being disconnected by descending a hill not buy not buy not buy not buy not buy not buy not buy not buy
  75. Oct 13, 2013
    Do not purchase this game. Avoid, avoid, avoid. Terrible game play, horrific AI, etc. Hackers made game completely unplayable for many months but even now that the hackers are less frequent it is still an absolute turd of a game. Horrific use of in-game real money shop to purchase items before you spawn, then it is possible for your character to die within 1 minute of spawning and lose everything. AVOID. Expand
  76. Oct 12, 2013
    game have to many problems bugs glitchs lags that why i cen't gice 1/10 and next graphic like games in 1996 but we have 2013 then where is 17 years phisics same havoc or some low non... rly game is very empty.
  77. Oct 11, 2013
    Beyond the fact that this game is an absolute false it does have some minor excitement and play value. Within that 2 day period of enjoyment (if you're lucky) you will have to avoid the terrible community, unsportsmanlike players, and unrewarding combat. Players are banned without solid proof as their anti-cheat system has to be developed by a middle school student and obvious hackers run rampant ruining the small chance the game had. I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone, and if you are really curious I suggest just researching the developers. Expand
  78. Oct 7, 2013
    So infestation? worth playing? niope 99.9% of the players do use the ESP cheat.. if you dont die to zombies you will die by a player... it isn't worth spending your GC or BD... And you most likely will download a trojan.. made from players who play the game 'WarZ' to take all your items.. today it happened to me... 7 month of farming and everything is gone.. SUCKS. don't play this game your gonna have a bad time O_o Expand
  79. jt1
    Oct 5, 2013
    WARNING!!! My online game account was banned after I posted an objective review of "Infestation: Survivor Stories" (Aka "The War Z") on this site... Beware! Because of this, I decided to update my review of the game, while adding my review of the company(s) responsible... not that it will do any more damage to their reputation, due to their already "questionable" practices. In addition to the boring "do nothing, walk-a-thon" of a game that it is (which hasn't seemed to change much long after its release).. the look and feel of it, is that of a free game engine, modded up and marked as a "release". I've created better prototypes by doing just that (minus insulting you by trying to take a dime for it).

I will never buy anything involving "Hammerpoint Interactive", or "OP Productions, LLC". When giving a negative opinion on a product, especially software, most companies will listen and take what the customer has to heart... but just as I was warned about, by other forum and review posters, my account was mysteriously banned shortly after I gave a less than favorable review. I still haven't received an answer from my support ticket, asking why.

I've never boycotted before... but I guess it's time to start.
  80. Oct 5, 2013
    One of the worst games I have ever played. Developers didnt even focused on gameplay and graphics. Neither A.I intelligence, rendering the game worst. It also contains million of bugs, connectivity issues, rendering it unplayable. Not worth to buy.
  81. Sep 27, 2013
    Bought 2 copies of this so my Grandson and I could play together. Spent over $100 in one month on it so we could get gear and have a private server, had fun together for about a week. Dev's are really a piece of work, they banned my account, no reason given, so we couldn't even use OUR OWN server. Dev's do not respond to any of our support tickets. This game has a lot of promise but the Dev's are not to be trusted. Banning me made no sense at all. I'm 60 years old and old school enough not to use ANY kind of cheats. I normally wouldn't bother with writing a review but they have really pissed me off. My advice DON'T buy this game run away very far away. Expand
  82. Sep 26, 2013
    Do NOT buy this game. Don't even think about it. Do some research and you'll understand why. These guys should be in jail for all the false advertising they did. SCAM!

Now they changed the name from "War Z" to "Infestation: Survivor Stories" just to try and scam more people. Sad.
  83. Sep 24, 2013
    Game itself isn't so bad but Terms of Use said that you are not owner of your paid account and developer can do everything with your account delete, ban, modify with or without reason. Moreover after 10 months of honest play i was banned and developer said that i was banned because i trained my characters too much. Think yourself if you want to play game in which developers ban you for too much progress in game. Expand
  84. Sep 23, 2013
    Did they really think changing the name from The War Z to Infestation: Survivor Stories is going to trick gamers into buying it? Another disgusting display from the developers here.
  85. Sep 23, 2013
    Almost everything about this game, from the people that developed it to the finished product is an embarrassment to the industry. Its one and only redeeming quality is its concept.

There is little question that idea of an open world zombie apocalypse shooter has merit. If you don't believe me, just look at the adoption for War Z and the emerging competitors like 7 days to die, Rust,
    etc. The problem is that the game is so poorly implemented that anyone familiar with the industry has to question either Hammerpoint's technical competency or intentions (if not both). This game has been in "production" for over a year and it still lacks core functions advertised during pre-release. To make matters worse, for a product that should be on the upper end of the maturity curve (for the gaming industry) it still features a host of very serious bugs that should not have even been tolerated at their "Go-No Go" meeting.

The best part? It is not getting better. I have never seen a development team that, with each new fix, introduces such rampant breaks to other parts of the game. Does Hammerpoint even perform user acceptance testing?

Gamers, avoid this dog pile at all costs!

Note to Hammerpoint: Fire your modellers, animators, terrain mappers, and engine development team. Start over. And, while you are at it, find someone to handle public relations for you. You guys are clueless with the press and user community.
  86. Sep 23, 2013
    This is not a game, this is a scam designed for users to pay contantly for items. Not fun, not worth of time nor money. It was called warz a few months ago, not it changes its name to keep scamming unaware people.
  87. Sep 21, 2013
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. This game is horrible in every way possible. If you're looking to buy an open-world zombie MMO, I'd recommend DayZ. It's like this game, only better. A lot better.
  88. Sep 21, 2013
    this is honestly a terrible game. i cant even find the right words for how terrible and poorly made it is.
    dont expect it to be like dayZ. its trying to surf on its wave of success but when you play it you cant believe your eyes and wonder how this made it into the steam store.
    please avoid this game at all costs.
  89. Sep 17, 2013
    -Graphics- 5/10. They are not equal to what is being put out today. The graphics are a bit old looking, and everything just looks dull. There isn't much variety in between places, and everything looks gray.

-Performance- 4/10. Luckily, it did not slow my computer down, so I did not experience lag, but boy, it was buggy...nuff said.

-Gameplay- 1/10. Sadly, this is true. I began in the
    middle of nowhere, and only had a flashlight. I wasn't with any other survivors, but I was in the middle of nowhere. It took me about 5 minutes to get to the closest city, only to be taken down by horde of zombies. With no tutorial or any help, I had no idea what to do, so I was pressing random keys. Once I died, I had to wait for about an hour (If I remember correctly) to play again. So I waited, and again, I spawned in the same place, but I went to less populated city. It was hard to play, sadly, because it was so appealing to me.

-Sound- 4/10. The same zombie sound...Sadly, it is higher because who can't go wrong with a moaning zombie?

-Conclusion- This game was atrocious. It was on sale on Steam for $3, and I would usually say it was worth the $3, but it wasn't. I have only played it twice, and uninstalled it right after. This game seems like it was made for a highschool project. It seems rushed and unfinished, and could just be one of the worst games I have played in my lifetime. If it goes on sale for 99 cents, don't buy it, it isn't worth the money, I give this game a generous score of a 3/10.
  90. Sep 13, 2013
    really bad game just like this review.
  91. Sep 4, 2013
    Pathetic attempt at a cash-in on the booming popularity of DayZ from 2012. At least after the name change from WarZ to Infestation the two aren't easily confused as the developers had originally planned.
  92. Sep 1, 2013
    Just do to all the stupid positive reviews... Almost all of the users behind the positives reviews are fake.....................................................
  93. Sep 1, 2013
    This game is an abortion, the champion of my regrettable purchases, walking around in a forest, looking through dull towns, some 12 year old shoots you and takes your pistol.
  94. Aug 31, 2013
    Do not purchase this game.Absolutley unplayable re-branding of War z.All of u can read about gameplay is lies(included SGI Pre-Render game screenshoots).Also this game included bug on every u can see on it,awful animations,mega-retared zombies who looks like russian alchogolics who develop this game,donate on everywhere,hacking acounts and stole stuff,lost money and making u mad,only for 15 $.
    Do not purchase this game
  95. Aug 31, 2013
    Do not think of buying this game, Do not think of playing this game. This game is terrible. Low-res, buggy and full of hackers which the developers of the game hasn't done anything to address this situation.

Let's also point that out that the game's Steam page is also very misleading, About 90% of the features what has been mentioned is not implemented in the actual game.

This game
    is just a cheap cash in for DayZ fans, Wait for the standalone if you want to play a quality looking game. Expand
  96. Aug 30, 2013
    Played on a friends account for a while, during which time I had the pleasure of being killed by droves of aim-boting, wall-hacking, super-jumping, esp-using hackers, or just all the random glitches in the game, or poor server stability. While running from one area of the map to another with my friend, I was suddenly instant killed by the server and banned, no warning or anything. After contacting Hammerpoint, they said I had been banned for hacking (the audacity!), refused to provide any specifics or proof of such a claim, and informed me that my account would remain as such permanently. After much coercion from my friend to buy the game again so we could continue playing together, I caved in and started all over again for the $15 price. Considering my friends all had better skills and equipment at this point, I spent quite a bit of time over a few days farming zombies for the meager amount of exp you get. While clearing the airport of zombies after playing for practically all day, I was suddenly instant kill and banned AGAIN! Once again Hammerpoint wanted me to re-buy the game. At this point of course it's obvious that this game is nothing more than a marketing scam, and a poorly implemented one at that. Suffice to say after such a bad experience for such a piss-poor game, hell will freeze over, at least twice, before I would spend one minute playing this sorry excuse for a game again. Expand
  97. Aug 28, 2013
    This game takes zombies and sucks the fun and horror out of them. Terrible game play and it's riddled with hackers everywhere. Not to mention they are making me purchase it again after I bought it already, Which I will not be doing again.
  98. Aug 27, 2013
    The game costs 13 euros and what do you get? Nothing. poor copy of DayZ(in ALFA version). This game it is one big LIE. And 9 of 10 players its hackers.
  99. Aug 25, 2013
    I tried to look passed the poor behavior of the developers (which I definitely regret), but the game still failed me. I first tried playing on a server with about 70+ people. I ran around killing zombies with my flash light while players were continuously banned. Eventually as I was running clueless through an endless forest, I got banned. I joined another server after that and it didn't get any better. The zombies were very glitchy and got stuck a lot, but other than that it ran fine. I had no lag or anything (and usually do not with my internet connection), so I'm not sure why I got banned. Not worth the measly $4 I paid for it. Expand
  100. Aug 24, 2013
    I played this game with an open mind, expecting Day Z with better visuals, animations etc and with less bugs. Instead what i got was a rip off of Day Z with worse visuals, horrendous sound assets and quite frankly boring game-play. The in game mini transaction system take all the challenge out of an already payed for game and leave players who are unwilling to spend there hard earned cash on ammo and hats at a disadvantage. I can only declare this game to be absolute garbage and it fully deserved it's appalling meta-score. To top it all off the devs decided that it would be an excellent idea to change the name and temporarily remove it from steam adding yet another reason as to why you should ignore this game developer until they pull there hypothetical head out of there arse. Expand

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.