1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 3939 Ratings

1. Aug 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. สนุกที่สุดไนโลกาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาาา Expand
  2. Apr 17, 2014
    As a professional player with 9999 hours in this game, I would say this is the king of all games existing in the galaxy. The developers are indeed one of the most talented teams, if not the best, that ever existed in this universe.

How come this astonishing achievement being swallowed by a sea of negative scores? Why don't you guys just face the truth, and accept that this game is the
    master of all games? It is your fate to spread the glory message of how great this game is to the mankind.

All hail to the glory of old day WarZ, the absolute power over all games in the world.
  3. Jan 6, 2014
    That's very sad to treat this game like that In one year, Hammerpoint makes some huge progress in this game. I'm just gonna make a list of the ameliorations:
    New staff, new community, new system anti-cheat, new graphism, new types of zombies, new map, craftfing, vehicules, stuff in the market can be buy with some money game. So yes this game is not perfect but stop saying that this game
    is crap..Compare to Day Z, the team started with nothing and they deserve some respect for that.

Sorry for my english, i'm not bilingual..
  4. Dec 29, 2013
    Is currently the best and most complete game of survival! There is nothing when it was warz! Complete system of crafting, reputation and experience, but is still in development.
  5. Dec 27, 2013
    Since the beginning of the game, people have been B*tching about how the Devs are so terrible, and people even claimed that they planned on sacking the project and running away with our money.
    Here we are, almost in 2014, and not just is the game still around, it's better than ever! There are VERY FEW issues, that I've experienced in my ~240 hours of game-play, and playing CO-OP with a
    friend is the highlight of the game.
    The Devs have learned from their early mistakes, and are doing things much more professionally now. I do not consider myself very good at this game, but it's still fun to play, and well worth the $7.49 that Steam is selling it for right now.

PROS: Easy to learn, (compared to other games like DayZ), fun Solo or CO-OP game-play, constant developments in the game make it interesting.

CONS: Graphics are 50% good, 50% bad Example: The graphics in the background (mountains, trees) is quite good, where as the close up graphics (Zombies, melees, weapons) is quite bad. As a new spawn, you will probably be gunned down by a long time player, with a machine gun.

Overall I would highly recommend the game. I've played about 240 hours off-and-on, and it's still such a fun passtime. Also, those of you who have declared the game terrible in the past: I urge you to try playing it again. The newest updates have greatly improved the game.
  6. Dec 21, 2013
    Do not purchase this game. Many features listed on Steam are completely missing. The price was reduced to less than $15 in order to squeeze as much money from the game before it dies. I repeat: do not purchase this game, you will not get what you think you are getting. Just look at the War Z forums to see the problems.
  7. Dec 21, 2013
    Jogo muito FODAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  8. Dec 20, 2013
    Bon jeux dans l'ensemble, et les développer essayent vraiment d’améliorer le jeux de jour en jour.
    Beaucoup de médisance sur ce jeux, mais les derniers mis a jours et celle a venir améliore considérablement le jeux
  9. Dec 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very good game to play with friends and make clans... very good pvp and good pve
    i have more than 200-300 hours in this game... better than dayz mod....
  10. Dec 10, 2013
    the game is a bigg and you ppl complaing r little babys congradutalations u all lick a bick bufalo D!*K if u play oon steam add me if ur not a cry baby tylermc905 :P
  11. Dec 8, 2013
    After the release of colorado v2 map,it change from bad to good..not every game perfect,right?.
    this game are in good direction now.there is no game like this 1st/3rd person mmo survival zombie apocalypse.
  12. Dec 3, 2013
    I think this game is amazing, and just too underrated, it's a good game to play before DayZ standalone is released. it has good graphics, good gameplay, and a big map got released (california), if you want fun, play this game.
  13. Nov 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The better game ever made.
    The problem is the Developper team, they are so much bad.
    If they sell the propriets of Infestation to EA, or Microsoft, or another, the game will respawn.
  14. Nov 30, 2013
    Great game! love the PVP and PVE combat. The fact that you can swim and bleed to death is also just... just great. Hopefully retards will stop hating the game because they don't understand the mechanics and are trying to play it like DayZ.
  15. Nov 24, 2013
    buen juego la verdad solo les falta arreglar los bugs y poner mas updates y seria uno de los mejores del estilo supervivencia nada mas qe dacir recomendado
  16. mou
    Nov 4, 2013
    I actually don't understand why people hate it, I got it for 3$ and I think even for 15$ it worth the shot.
    realistic, good quality, awesome environment, sometimes it can be boring when you walk and players are dangerous in game that might be one reason why people dont like it (you can lose all your stuff in seconds but you can save it in settlements too don't worry)
    plus they are adding
    vehicules it will be even better, I can't wait to see that

and people saying stuff like:
    'invisible walls' yes, we call it border map
    cheaters are banned (i can see it of course there is a lot)
    its not that buggy, and when it is you can blame stupid haters that are ddosing servers
    clans are free
    there are private servers
  17. Nov 2, 2013
    I am sorry for those who feel scorned that bought into the game when it was new... BUT... i just paid $3 for this game and have been co-oping with mates for the last 2 days and having a hell of a fun time. Sure its a bit buggy and stodgy in places but I am ranking this game based on its $3 price and for that it is bargain and amazing and have given me more entertainment than some AAA titles. At its $15 price I would still give it an 8 or 7.5 as long as you have mates to play with. Expand
  18. Oct 31, 2013
    So let me start off with I had to make a review for this because all you DayZ fanboys are giving this game a bad name before even playing it based on "top critic" reviews. People need to understand that this game is supposed to be difficult it's not supposed to be a chocolate factory, walk in a park, or a girl scout jamberee it's survival game. Do you honestly think in a zombie apocolypse you would find a gun everywhere you look? Or better yet ammo I mean this game gives you like a 3-5 chance of finding guns and 2-5 chance of finding ammo when in real life you would probably have like a 1-5 chance of finding both of them. It's supposed to be difficult players are aggressive on this game because it's difficult to find guns this is why the constant killing of players they need other peoples equipment to survive. You have to play this game for a while and develop a taste for it like i did I got interested in it once I found out how great it is to loot a highly populated place with a buddy always having your finger on the trigger waiting to kill that one unlucky player who gets in your line of fire. The game is a complete thrill, it has a trading system, a group system, a skill system. This game does have a lot of things compared to DayZ. The hatred towards Infestation due to your liking of DayZ just to bash another game is not cool I suggest getting a large number of friends and just chill hangout it's a good game once you get some equipment and it never ends because once you die you can just restack. Yes the waiting times are devasting but thats the point they did however lower it to 18 mins which is a good wait time. Infestation isn't a bad game it has lots of potential and I feel that it will be a great game one day seeing constant updates make me happy. So yeah if you'd like to try it get a trial account then decide if you want to pay for it. Thank you have a nice day... Expand
  19. Oct 31, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Este juego a cambiado mucho, y cada vez esta mejorando, sé que antes habían la de fallos! pero VOTAR nuevamente a este lugar de criticas para apoyarles por la mejora que ha hecho infestation survivor stories. Expand
  20. Oct 30, 2013
    El juego a mejorado mucho desde su salida, la mayoria que critican al juego son hackers que han sido banneados, o gente que le cuesta mucho perder objetos cuando los matan, el juego se sale, y con el nuevo mapa esta muy bien. MUY RECOMENDADO!
  21. Oct 28, 2013
    I am playing this game for a while now and when the game was launched it was one of the worst games.
    But in 2013 some new developers bought the game and make it better there are now coming every week update of this game. i dont know wh you guys are complaining like this but if you play it more then 5 minutes and than logout you should know you can find every item in the game. They are
    creating new maps bigger and better there are private servers now and you can buy your own server now. Expand
  22. Oct 17, 2013
    This game is ****
    BUT i give it 10 Points just for fun!
    Your review must be at least 150 characters long.
    Your review must be at least 150 characters long.
  23. Oct 14, 2013
    Perfect game! I have dumped thousands of hours in to DayZ and this had all of the features I wish dayz had. Unlike DayZ this game is highly pvp oriented and zombies are very unforgiving, This makes most of the reviewers hate on this game. When it first came out it was still in beta but they didn't label it publicly causing meta critic to give it one of the lowest scores in history. If this was reviewed to today's game play it would be an 8 or 9. Expand
  24. Oct 10, 2013
    Infestation:survivors stories is just a game that is being improved once or twice a month... game still (BETA) and have big amount of errors and things to fix or repair...I really like this game and I know it is going to be better than DayZ...the moves of zombies atacks, actions, weapons and map quality....Dont throw this game to the bin before it's finish and improvements ok?
    Regards
  25. Sep 30, 2013
    the best zombie game i have ever played love it 2 survife GOOD JOB GUYS verry nice gameplay with friends verry good hahaha and im playing this game from the beginning and its getting beter and beter every week updates cool stuff and bug fixes goed job guys
  26. Sep 24, 2013
    Un jeu qui reflète la personnalité des hommes et plus particulièrement leurs "crevardise".
    En effet, ce jeu est GÉNIAL, les gens qui y joue eux laisse désiré.
    +300h de jeu pour 13€... What Else
  27. Sep 17, 2013
    DayZ fanboys have obviously been here writing negative crap about this game and down-voting user reviews, shame on you people for ruining this game's reputation.
    The game as it is today (September 2013) it works pretty well. The graphics isn't _that_ bad as someone said in one of the other reviews.
    * There are 100 people servers.
    * There are different kind of servers.
    * Zombies do get
    bugged (spawning inside stairs or rocks for example) but I rarely see that.
    * You can't swim which is a bit annoying.
    * I don't know about hit boxes but they seem to work pretty well for me.

Honestly, I don't see what all the fuzz is about but all the bad reviews are from 2012 so maybe the game was horrible back then or it is what I wrote in the beginning of my review which is more likely.
    Also: All the features on the Steam store page is in the game.
  28. Sep 1, 2013
    I really like the game, the mix mixture between sumulation and arcade is good for me. I really like that you must be on your guard because there's players and zombies.

Its hard to explain, you really need to give it a go. (With some friends is a plus) and for only 15$ it's great value.
  29. Aug 31, 2013
    It is true that the game has a worse past behind. but appear since (much too early) of game has changed a lot. most of the bugs have been removed, the graphics has been improved, it runs generally more stable than a half a year ago. also been made ​​by an end punkbuster the cheaters. and there are regularly published the patches the game continue to improve. clear, there are still a few minor bugs, is a little rough for sure, but it has its charming. And for the beginner, a great power is behind this game as shown.

Incidentally, I apologize for my lousy english.
    greetings from Germany ^ ^
  30. Aug 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I recommend this game to every one the Pvp Is amazing and the zombies get you when they can.
    And I love the reputation feature of the game is amazing.10/10
  31. Aug 7, 2013
    Great game, getting better now just taking a little bit of time here and there. Game in my opinion was released early and had many bugs which is why many people complained the game was bad for Hackers etc... The game still remains to have Hackers on but from the 200 hours i've played of it i've only ever witnessed possibly 1 and he got banned too. The developers are hunting down on hackers and are concentrating on bringing in new updates to make the community happy. From what i've seen the Hammerpoint company have been looking into the game more and have been trying to release some awesome new stuff. Only problem i would say is the 'Market place' i dont really like the idea of it. It makes an unfair advantage to players who can buy things and to players who cannot. Also GC is quite pricey in the Market place and items have been given a higher GC count for example; the personal locker was 110 GC the next day i checked it was 250 GC...
    Overall this game has been fun and exciting to play especially with a team! I just hope the company decides to not ruin the game too much and improve by adding things the Community wants more often.

-Fix the bugs
    -Fix the FPS for players with certain PC's
    -Add cars? Add the new maps?
    Game would be 10/10 then hopefully!
  32. Aug 3, 2013
    The best game ever. I dont know why the people talking bad about it. Its just for pros not for noobs. And everyone who said its bad just get killed one time and quit the game.
  33. Jul 25, 2013
    It's amazing zombie survival game! You must buy it, if you like zombie survival games. Game has got updates every month, and becomes better everyday! Such an amazing job
  34. Jul 24, 2013
    Seriously this game is great! i used to think oh this game has a bad reputation so i am not going to buy it but i was like i may as well try it out and i thought it was a good game especially when you play it with your friends. the devs are slowly getting better and making faster progress this games has great potential yes its gonna lose players when dayz standalone comes out but it will still be a great game they are also releasing a new map for it soon so that should be good! but if i was you buy it give it a go i would say its worth the money! Expand
  35. Jul 22, 2013
    I just can't understand why are there so many bad comments. I bought the game for 3,50 and I consider it a good deal. It is giving me a lot of entertainment, though i have to admit that the only way to play this game is with friends; it's really really hard, and if you play alone can be quite frustrating, but when you team up with your friends it's really fun. IMAO those who gave bad ratings just need to play with friends and get a little more skill. It's not an easy game but it has a lot of potential;

There are some annoying bugs but in my opinion they don't affect the gameplay.
    Considering that I paid it 3,50 i'm absolutely satisfied.

I would give it a 7,5 but i give 10 in order to raise the ratings.
  36. Jul 20, 2013
    bon jeu de survie en espérant que les développeur prendront soin de ce petit mmo pour les fan de the walking dead. un peu hardcore c est pour sa que certain noob l on descendu.
  37. Jul 18, 2013
    I haven't played a game this good since Big rigs, over the road racing, best game ever 10/10 if you can imagine day Z on an epic level, you have this game

(of course I don't mean it)
  38. Jul 7, 2013
    Infestation is a great game. I have been playing for 20 hours solo and have just introduced it to a pack of my friends. Yes it is similar to Dayz but i had so many issues with dayz that it was unplayable. I also love the slower moving zombies!

The game is gorgeous too, I spend so much time doing screenshots! there is a lush green environment with thick long grass to use as cover and the
    day/night cycle is incredible.

Dont listen to anyone that reviewed it while it was in beta, I guarantee that a huge portion never even played it. Make sure to get the pack that gives you a little in game currency just to get started.
  39. Jun 26, 2013
    Great game getting better by the week.Hackers being taken care of quick and now there fixing the loot spawns. If you did not like it before but you only play on a reg server try to make friends with someone that has a pvt server and your game experience will go up.
  40. Jun 23, 2013
    In the launch the game sucked it had a lot of hackers and bugs! But actually the game has improved a lot with the Punkbuster which make the hackers stay out of the game! The game worth your money!
  41. Jun 21, 2013
    i finally got the game during recent steam 75% off sale and i have to say its loads of fun to play. it plays, runs, looks and sounds great and ive really haven't had any real problems to speak of. sure a lot of people have many good reasons to be upset with how the game was released. but they've made a lot of improvements in the last 6 months and it shows. from the skill tree to the punk buster support that keeps hackers away.

and they've also done a lot of tweaks that make it play and look much better.

also they include to work on it. you can see that from the regular releases that improve the game to the developer diaries where they discuss in detail what they are working on for the future.

also if your not into pvp solor there are a great many clans and free private pve servers. so don't let all the noise about the horrors of pvp stop you from getting this game. just one one of them.

so if you have not already purchased it wait for the next big sale and get it!

finally im giving it a 10 instead of the 7-8 i would like to give it to offset the countless trolls and griefers, many that don't even own or play the game, who have given it a 0-1. and while its not a 10 its not a 0!
  42. Jun 20, 2013
    I'll tell you guys why i'll give the game 10/10

On the beginning, when the game was released. It indeed had a lot of problems. People could use hacks, false information on steam. I did buy the game on the release date. I also did enjoy it, but there always were the moments, when you see a hacker with a sniper rifle. He kills you, you die and loose all your stuff. Indeed it was annoying,
    but even with all those problems. Hammerpoint Interactive" did not give up. They tried to improve the game with everything they could e.g adding a punk buster. I'm playing the game as we speak. You certainly can see the improvement Expand
  43. Jun 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i think this game is great sure it may have some dificult things wrong but it isnt so complicated like day z i bought that game and downloded the mod and still i could not join even 1 server on it so insted of nagging like piriot crazy teens calm your titts put your tampongs in and go out and get a life gaming is what you do when your bored not all day and night like some lonley Wow nerd! so stop being like small suckers and stop complaining its a game not a life stop thinking you are some game expert your not your just some peice of with a keyboard it makes me sad just watching how pathetic you are! Expand
  44. Jun 16, 2013
    Amazing gameplay, its like cod but pay to win, and i am rich. Very fun and easy to get used to fun to wreak people. It's like skyrim with guns. It has amazing graphics on a next generation engine, the ai are very intellegent and it surpasses alot of games, like very bad half life 2.
  45. Jun 16, 2013
    The War Z is a great game. I have been following it since about 8 months ago. Reading reviews, searching for what I could. I also purchased it on Steam when it first released and was shortly taken off. I think the Developers and Creators did a great job. I think the community is where the problem actually was. When I purchased The War Z I understood I was buying a game that wasn't finished yet. I didn't care I wanted to play it and test it and be there for the ride but I know that a lot of people don't read the fine print and they join and get upset when they find out it isn't what they think it is. Thats not the developers fault. Thats the customers fault. Its 2013 and we all know that the customer is not always right and we have seen that some customers just want to make a seen to get attention or even a monetary gain. Its the sad truth but moving on. I have seen the updates launch, I have seen cooperation from the developers at Hammerpoint Interactive and I have seen improvement in the game play as well as the community. I have played with others as well as played by myself. I have died, I have lost money, I have gained valuable items and ultimately gained more than I have lost. I see constant updates on their facebook and website informing everyone of important updates. A few months ago I would have agreed that playing this game for long periods of time would have felt like homework because it needed so many improvements but now I can say that playing it for a few hours on end feels quite normal. It has its lag filled moments once in a while but honestly what game hasn't had those moments at least once or twice in their history. Its smooth, its fun, its a huge area to explore, and its got that surprise and suspense element with trusting other players. The War Z requires a rare type of skill for gaming: Judgement... Without good Judgement you will find yourself getting killed constantly by other players. If you can learn to read people and probe for answers and learn to reasonably bluff you will find that you will get what you want way more often. Unfortunately that goes for both sides. Expand
  46. Jun 13, 2013
    Este juego puede crecer a mejor si los jugadores ayudamos a los creadores a mejorarlo. Un juego de este estilo nunca lo había visto: cruel, lleno de zombis y jugadores un tanto "malvados". Un juego que puede darle a un grupo de amigos unas semanas de risas y de auténtico miedo. Crea tu clan, coge vuestros coches y sobrevive, una experiencia muy cercana a "The Walking Dead". Hagamos que esos "jugadores" que usan Cheats acaben expulsados y baneados, pidamos mejoras al juego (más gráficos, más añadidos, quizás una traducción de textos, etc...." y este juego se podria convertir en un clásico. Paciencia y disfrutemos! Expand
  47. May 10, 2013
    The game has a lot of bugs and cheaters but fix everything. Banish those who use booster, apologizing for various problems and give gc. I would recommend that fun to play with friends.
  48. Apr 23, 2013
    This game is awesome! I love zombie survival games, and this is one of my favorite ones! I have played DayZ, but I might think this one is a little better! It is always fun to find food, water, weapons, etc.
  49. Apr 21, 2013
    I've had the War Z for 6 Months now, and I've not once been disappointed, even if spending half an hour running across a map can be annoying. Even if many critics or users say that the game is unfinished, it's still not "Finished" at least once a week you'll log in to find they've added some new weapons or bigger updates Voice communication, Skill Tree, Clan's etc...)

I must say that
    the only thing stopping The War Z from being amazing is the lack of Vehicles or some sort of transportation. In short, if you are going to buy this game, make sure your going to play with Friends, because alone its very boring. Expand
  50. Apr 20, 2013
    Seit den neuen Updates ist das spiel besser geworden und ich finde dieses Spiel hat großes Potential wenn die Macher des Spiels noch mehr bug-fixes machen wir dieses Game ein voller erfolg
  51. Apr 13, 2013
    This game is fantastic! The only problem is that you have to wait for an hour to play again,but the game is real cool!I like the graphics,the controlling and I think this game is better than DayZ
  52. Apr 2, 2013
    Alright everybody looking at this review please don't even pay any mind to the negative feedback coming from most of these people. I purchased this game a few days after launch. Most of these people are very upset over a misunderstanding that occurred in its steam description. They listed features that were going to be added in the future because the game was still in ALPHA. Yeah people I say that again ALPHA. A simple misrepresentation on steam led the entire world to crash down on this fantastic game. I guarantee if you like zombies and shooters and lots of other players, you will adore this game. Expand
  53. Mar 31, 2013
    WarZ is a game that about survival you have to find food water supply weap for survive and survive thousand zombie (Infected) you can make a team to stronger and you can choose to be Bandit Or Lawman killing people for supply or giving people a supply this game is very very awesome I LOVE THIS GAME but it's have a some glitch and bug but it's ok
  54. Mar 30, 2013
    If your not a hate-wagon follower or a dayz fanboy and you have archived some grade of maturity in your life, feel free to read me If you are a blind hate bandwagon follower, 15 years old or a day z fanboy, go right ahead and rate my review down, walk away and be happy After all, this game isnt as bad as everyone makes it out to be. While i do agree that the game often goes into directions that the playerbase doesnt want this game to go, the game at its core is fun, lots of fun.. The pure insolence that all this so called "Professional and Mature" game magazines have delivered here simply makes me want to rip my hair out It should be 100% clear that this game is far from complete. Since the big hate outbreak that some people started, out of pure self-intrest, the game has improved itself over and over again, engine optimazations have been done, the melee is finally challenging, the world has been improved, houses have been opened, some textures have been enhanced, and so on; And it keeps on going, week after week, day after day it becomes a more and more immersive experience. With my gaming knowledge, starting at the 16 bit era i can honestly tell you that you should give this game a honest try and bring the senseless hate to a halt. Im also telling you that im in deep love with day z and that im eagerly awaiting standalone... After all, i think two great games are better then one, right ?The developers seem to have alot of mercy with the hackers.. It usually goes like this, person "a" hacks, gets reported, the developers take a look at the screenshots that fairfight does of the persons UI, wich detects and shows all signs of ESP, and person "a" finally gets banned! Person "a" cant believe it, spams the forum and writes a support ticket and cries to everyone on how bad this game is, gets unbanned and the process repeats. And so do the simple haters, or fanboys that keep on scaring people off that wanted to buy the game It is sad to see it with a clear mind, it is sad how overpopulated the internet is, with young raging players and immaturity.. It is 15 bucks, it IS a fair price. Im playing this game since it came out, and havent been banned nor kicked nor warned once... Dont listen to those people and give it a try! It really isnt as bad... I am also sorry for those people who really got banned without a reason and i want to make myself clear that i am not talking to them or want to offend them in any way... Thats enouth of my wobble, so, pick it up (or dont) Expand
  55. Mar 30, 2013
    War Z is one of the few games of this genre, and is still in development.
    The game is better every day, and many of these negative scores are the alpha and the beta of the game, the game has improved a lot.
    Many fixes were made, many bugs fixed, and the game is getting great.
  56. Mar 24, 2013
    The game has potential and is very enjoyable, i found myself enjoying it more then any other survival game. I would honestly recommend this to all my friends.
  57. Mar 23, 2013
    Best game ever end of story.
  58. Mar 22, 2013
    "Haters gonna hate." I can truly say that this game is underrated due to the hater.There were mistakes which the game's company did but this reason can't make the game trash.They're trying to make this game better nowadays.They release new updates at least once in 2 weeks.That's good for a game which is still developing.If you're reading this post and about to buy this game, just buy it.I believe that other reviews are written on purpose to damage the game... Expand
  59. Mar 22, 2013
    I do not understand the hater of this game. The War Z is still developing game and owners trying to make the game better. I believe it is %100 worth to buy.(do not listen to the hater)
  60. Mar 11, 2013
    This is the best game ever 10/10 must buy, most innovative game of the year. Beautiful graphics, fascinating lore, brilliant story, deep character design. What more can I say? Get this game now, what a bargain for just $15.

Just kidding lol.
  61. Mar 9, 2013
    i pre-ordered this game glad i did, you people need to stop sucking on the balls of dayz arma leave us the hell alone. if you actually played the game or spoke to some of its real players maybe you would have a different opinion but no you are all small minded fools being led a merry dance. just get on with it, you play your game and we will play ours. all warz haters are dayz fanboys, typical ain't it, trying to get the game to fail. i got news for ya, AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. Expand
  62. Mar 7, 2013
    um ótimo jogo, no istilo que eu gosto, dificil, bem dificil, recomendo a todos!!!
    o pessoal que esta colocando o jogo como fraco, aposto que foram pegos com hack
  63. Mar 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game is 10/10 this is what i need to tell.
    All are saying this is a game but is not,just let them make it better let them time.
    This is what i want to say abut this game
  64. Mar 5, 2013
    I have played this game for a few months now and while it certainly has his flaws, I severely enjoy it as of today still. It has steadily been improving with patches and updates and for 15$, I would say this definitely is a great one in my book.
  65. Mar 2, 2013
    This game is not bad, It's even worth buying the weapons, and extra supplies with real money. I got banned for the first time buying it, but I bought another one, so it works out well.
  66. Mar 1, 2013
    bad comments refear to december ..so the pre alpha, worst way was to launch a non finish game;
    btw i'm playing from a month and the game is really cool, i'm having fun with friends
  67. Feb 27, 2013
    I thoroughly enjoy this game. It has had many ups and down along the road and has had flamers the entire way who simply did not want to credit someone whom they feel stole the idea when they simply wanted to make something to be enjoyed. I still credit most of the hard times in developing this game to the people who have made hacks for it. Really? :P They slowed this entire process down with their easily avoided issues. However, with the death of around 90% of the hackers the game has finally started releasing good content and frequently doing so. I can only see it going uphill from here on out. Expand
  68. Feb 27, 2013
    Many have criticized this game did in Alpha stage.
    This game is good, still needs a lot of corrections.
    It has good gameplay, beautiful graphics and provides plenty of fun!
    I hope the team keep up the good work to solve ALL the problems we are facing.
  69. Feb 26, 2013
    Best game ever everthing is perfect Inglés Español Portugués graphics, story, sound, animation, weapons, maps, pvp, stock the best are the zombies, zombies never saw better, look real
  70. Feb 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Its a good game after copple of patches and now its nice game when you play with friends or in clan its a awsome game! the beginning of warz is bad now its a very nice game! Expand
  71. Feb 23, 2013
    I've played this game for a couple of months now and have been amazed at some of the advancements it has made over its life cycle. I thoroughly enjoy this game on a daily basis, alone, with friends, any time. While it can be frustrating at times when a hoard of zombies takes you out or a group kills you, it is still some of the most fun I've had in a long time. The zombie AI far exceeds Day Z's Zombies. Would I recommend this game? If you can get over a few bugs here and there, and a few of the inevitable hackers... I would most certainly recommend this to you. Expand
  72. Feb 20, 2013
    All the hate is just some DayZ Fan boys hating The WarZ, The warZ is just like jumping right in to the strawberry river, its the best thing can ever play, ok thoe, it has som bugs and glitches but SERUSLY. its the best game ever made, Im a real fan of The elder scrolls, and i need to say bye bye to Skyrim because Im going to play The WarZ. i promisse you its worth evry single penny!!. by the way dont trow hate on it because u died 10 seconds after you spawned (if thats true then Ur a EXTREMELY NOOB) just make a new character and give it a new chance. The WarZ 10/10 Easy! And Remember its just in Beta now.... Expand
  73. Feb 18, 2013
    Great game from an indie developer, not polished, but I like to see it as a work in progress, and I've already got more than 10x worth out of the cheap game cost
  74. Feb 12, 2013
    This is a great game, the Dev team is now doing a great job! I haven't seen a hacker in a LONG time, Server Hoping is now almost impossible, new items being introduced into the game, lots of map work/implemented features being added/improved. The game has improved ALOT since it was released into testing. But everyone till needs to remember it is in BETA, it's not officially released yet. It's not a clone either like everyone says it is...It's called Competition! They have every right to create a game that is similar to DayZ, all they wanted to do was try to be in the market as well. Expand
  75. Feb 10, 2013
    I don't understand why everyone hate this game. I could even say it has the same quality as DayZ, and probably a bit better. The graphics are great, the game server does not lag at all. Of course, there has some problem with releasing the game on Steam with some features that are not yet in the game, but the game is great as it is right now.

I haven't met any bugs, any hacker, and only
    one glitch. But I know that the hackers are really here, but Ive never been killed by a hacker. The game has a great potential and I really want to see how they will have implemented the features they announced when they released the very first version of the game. They don`t work really fast, maybe because of their lack of experience that some people think they have, but at least they deliver what I paid for when I bough my Legend package.

You may read a lot of negative critics here or on other sites, but these are only DayZ fanboy who doesn't want to see DayZ be forgotten. Also remember that when someone don't have a problem with it, they don't always write a critic about it, because they think that someone else already did, and the score is high.

Buy the game if you like zombies game, it is cheaper than DayZ right now and totally worth the 15$.
  76. Feb 6, 2013
    its weird with someone who not like this game
    i trust this game will be nice ya i know it now its still many bugs/cheater here please know its preety new now right?
    this game is cool and have good graphic and nice idea reality game not like the other reality game the zombie can run like a sports car

im trust this game will be a good game sometimes ya many features listed on steam r
    completely missing is they fault who promised some but its not a fact
    but someday they will prove it to you all
  77. Feb 3, 2013
    I love this game, i don't know why people are so hateful on this game. It has a lot of potential, maybe you guys are missing the fact that it is only in beta. It is an amazing game.
  78. Jan 31, 2013
    Yes this game has its flaws. But I have had so much fun with it, that I have to rate it at least a 9. I bought it before the steam launch and I do not regret it one bit. I had been looking at DayZ videos, looking at how cool it was, but did not want to purchase ArmA II: CO to play it. I decided to wait for the DayZ standalone. Then a friend told me about The War Z, so I bought it and have enjoyed it all this time. Met some great people in the game, going around in a group of six is so fun! While I do enjoy The War Z, I have never yet played DayZ and do plan on purchasing the standalone when it's released and playing a bit of each. Expand
  79. Jan 31, 2013
    This game is a work of art, the graphics are amazing, the gameplay is really fun, it feels so realistic, and don't even get me started on how good the customer service is. Simply amazing.
  80. Jan 28, 2013
    The delevopment has improved greatly since december 2012! Are you a fan of walking dead etc, this is your game. Playing it with friends is kick ass!
  81. Jan 17, 2013
    Ignore the nerd rage, this game is COMPLETELY underscored. All these people bashing it are comparing it to Day Z, that's all they can do. That's like comparing Battlefield and Call of Duty, same concept, different game, both good. This game is in development and raters should grade it's gameplay and its potential COMBINED. Yes this game its problems but it is so much fun to play! Trying to survive and keep yourself away from people while looting towns is intense at times. It also has ton of potential when they add even more to this game, so go out and try it, and just ignore these ignoramuses. Expand
  82. Jan 14, 2013
    so Warz is a super cool game you just do not get in the game with a rating on it is good or bad and spend a little more than an hour on it any time with a friend but quickly becomes caught up in it and can not get enough there many bugs but you do not think much about it when you first started with the
  83. Jan 11, 2013
    Yes, the game isn't finished. Yes, they show features on there website that haven't been implemented. Yes, they should really still call it Beta. Given all that, it is still the most fun I have had playing an online game in years.

Sure, other players will kill you in a heart beat. Sometimes you will be spawn killed. Most of the hacker problems have been fixed, but you might still
    be killed by one once in a while.

It's a survival game. Don't trust anyone. Toe up to any single zombie and bash him in the head, even with the lowly flashlight, and you will win. More than one zombie after you then run. Scavenge food and drinks you will need them. Scavenge armor, weapons, and bigger backpacks, they are quite rare. Don't run around with you flashlight out and telling everyone where you are, Don't run around out in the open in daylight. People are more dangerous than zombies. All in all the game is a flat out rush. try it. Ignore all the day-Z fanboys.
  84. Jan 8, 2013
    The game is a work in progress far from done. Did my research before buying it. Love the game.... Tired of all the haters. It's got fps or 3 rd. kill or be killed... It's the ultimate survivor game.
  85. Jan 8, 2013
    is a great game, but it has some problems that must be solved, kind, hackers
    but it is a good game that people have fun playing, but has some that swear the game, their right, but I think they're asking too much, with all due respect, THE WAR Z is a big and great to play! My metascore is 9/10
  86. Jan 7, 2013
    "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma--which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." - Steve Jobs - February 24, 1955 - October 5, 2011 RIP Expand
  87. Jan 6, 2013
    Even though i only have guest passes i was in production before dayz and statistics show that more people are hackers in dayz than in warz making warz having a more fun aspect about it i really recomend this game my friends and i play this all the time. All these people that areposting are dayz fanboys. I bet half them have not even played the game. This game is a buy.
  88. Jan 6, 2013
    Great game, Like Demon Souls with GUNS! I love how hardcore this game is I have killed and been killed many times, lost tons of loot and found some cool stuff. Now this game is a sandbox FPS zombie survival - EVERYTHING I wanted. I like Dayz but I like the gunplay in The War Z much better.

This game does catch much fodder for some reason, I think its mainly a small group being extremely
    vocal about how much they hate this game... that or they pissed that they lost their loot... LOL Its all part of the game now shut up and play. Expand
  89. Jan 4, 2013
    This game is amazing, the graphics style is excellent and the amount of guns should keep you entertained for a while. 10/10 Has no bugs and no hackers. Perfect game, thankyou Hammerpoint.
  90. Jan 3, 2013
    The game can be categorized as a simulation and not action game. This is more like The Walk Dead universe and not the guns a blazing like the Left 4 Dead series. This game is a MMO game with features of trading, collection of items, cooperative play. This game is $15 USD however it uses free-to-play (or aka micro-transaction) strategies to pay for its online servers' maintenance costs.

In the game you a survivor of zombie apocalypse. You find yourself without food, water, or companions. So you make your way to the nearest town. You look around for food and water avoiding zombies since you don't have any weapons. You find lots of food, and a gun. As you are scavenging the market place you find another survivor. She says she's hungry and you give her some of your food. She says thanks and goes on her way. You decide to check the back alley for supplies, survivor you meet earlier is there... pointing a gun at you. She orders you to drop your back pack and supplies. You need that food, there isn't anything left in this town and the next town is miles away. You still have the gun you found earlier in your underneath your shirt in the front. What do you do? Do you let her take all your supplies and hopefully be able to make it to the next town? Or do you kill her? In desperation you take out your gun and kill her before she kills you. Then you hear lots of zombies heading your way, it must have been the sound of the gun shots. You take what you can and race out of town for safety while shooting your way out. Now you have no bullets. On to the next town. Hopefully it will be a better day tomorrow.

The above is what happens to you in the game but I wrote it in story form.
  91. Jan 2, 2013
    I pre-ordered this game and I've been loving it ever since the October 15th alpha release! It's received a lot of negative reviews because people didn't do their research and thus failed to understand that it was a game in development, even though it was CLEARLY marked as Alpha on the purchase page, we were notified before purchase in the FAQ and that we would get early access compared to those who didn't pre-order.

More confusion and anger came when people misinterpreted what the devs said about a 'release wipe'. Items were wiped when going from alpha to beta, and all the kiddies and trolls complained that they'd spent soooo long on looting items. That's not even what the game is about...

9/10, plenty of patches and new features coming in 2013! Get on it, guys and gals!
  92. Jan 1, 2013
    Sergey Titov did it again. The only reason I'm not giving it a 10/10 is because it isn't as WINNER as Big Rigs or Remington Big Buck Trophy Hunt, but it's certainly the most WINNER game out this year. Congratulations, Titov, and may we all be WINNER!
  93. Dec 29, 2012
    Is the best zombie game, much better than dayz, the only problem are the crybabies who did not investigate before buying and later realized that the game is in beta.
  94. Dec 27, 2012
    I like this game Idk what everyone is talking about, the game works fine for me. I have yet to see a hacker, though I do stay in the lower population servers as I play solo. Its only in beta and its not like people were forced to buy the game.
  95. Dec 26, 2012
    Been playing since alpha and it is an amazing game with a lot of potential.Do you know why this game is getting bad reviews?IT ISN'T FINISHED!I'm tired of all your negative reviews!The game isn't done yet.Yes hackers run rampant in this game and some of the features are not implemented as of yet.But it will be a best seller as soon as it is finished.Hell the new maps coming out will make the scores for this game jump real high.So be patient... try the game.It is fun even in it's unfinished state! Expand
  96. Dec 26, 2012
    I played since alpha and this game is great. Shure it has its flaws (devs beeing one of them) but it still offers the most rewarding and meaningfull PVP experiences ever... its close to EVE in a way it punishes death of your character. The game is smooth and kind of soothing, and then in times tense and freakishly intense when you walk into a action or a PVP situation, and there is no way out to save yourself, you just need to win ;) Great game, all my friends are playing it with me and nobody is sorry for paying the money. Dont be a Hipster and just follow the masses, try the game and decide for yourself.
    Givitn it a 10!
  97. Dec 25, 2012
    The game is great if DayZ came out after The War Z people would be doing this to it. Don't say no because it's true you would be dissing it. COD is a rip off of MOH because MOH was first! That's about much sense you all make with this. Stop with the bandwagon. Half of the hate is idiotic nonsense, no truth in most of it AT ALL. I've been part of this game since DAY ONE and will continue to support it. Don't like it then get out! Your hatred is unneeded. Be like someone starting a petition to illegalize Mountain Dew because he hates it so everyone jumps in because others are doing it, stupid! Expand
  98. Dec 22, 2012
    I bought this game and was confused like everyone with missing features. But it was only 13 dollars and 2 weeks later im still playing the game. Game is not a usual mmo. Its throw a bunch of people into a world with the best resources in a few places on the map, zombies all over and then see what happens. What i have seen so far is some amazing pvp. Huge fire fights in the middle of the woods. Killing people, then trying to take loot before the other players show up. Also working together to clear major zombie areas to gather loot. I have not been hacked in over a week and that hacker failed anyhow. The paided items are horrible items. I find better its in a few minutes. People complaining about this game dont seem to know how to play games like this, same concept as WOW or any other mmo. If someone is camping an area leave that area. Its easy to run away and not get shot in a game full of trees. Yes trees do stop bullets. Expand
  99. Dec 22, 2012
    i do like this game despite all the hype and its problems but this game has a TON of potential. yea theres hackers but so has every online game... as its still in alpha/beta it will have problems/glitches...and the devs change stuff BUT as least they ask every 1 what they think and if the change was bad they correct it... overall i have spent many hours on this and YEA ive been killed by hackers a few times... and yea i got pissed when i lost all my stuff to some 1. but thats all part of the fun..... hope they continue to improve it.. and cant wait to see how good it will be in a few months... Expand
  100. Dec 22, 2012
    The game is amazing!!! I have played since day 1 of alpha. The people that are raging about the game, just dont know how to play a zombie survival. I played day z , and War Z makes day z look like crap. War Z is only getting bigger and better. i cant wait for the upcoming features

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.