1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 3969 Ratings

1. Dec 19, 2012
    The War Z is a DayZ rip-off but that's not the worst part. The worst part is that it is quite clearly a scam; it is becoming more and more common for game developers to promise but never deliver. In other industries, there are hundreds of laws to comply with but game developers seem mostly exempt from these and games such as The War Z are the results. More regulation is required if gamers want to continue enjoying quality games without being scammed at every possible opportunity. Expand
  2. Jul 19, 2013
    I knew about the WarZ controversy, and I knew Infestation is just a renamed WarZ. It was on sale for $3, so I figured if I tried it out I wouldn't lose much. Well, I lost my self respect. Terrible graphics, terrible pay2win scheme, constant hacking and server issues. This game is not worth it at any price.
  3. Dec 19, 2012
    If you buy this game before reading up about how it is all a big scam by the developers... you deserve to lose your money on this steaming turd of a game.
  4. Dec 21, 2012
    If you get banned for saying whats wrong with the game i don't think it deserves any score above 0. When players are getting banned for expressing their option you know its a dark time in the gaming industry.
  5. Mar 25, 2013
    You know, it's true what people say. A blowjob in the morning DOES make your day better. Oh this has nothing to do with War Z, you think? Good eye, brother! That's because this game is a money making scandal that copies everything about Day Z (The Arma II mod) and puts a price on it. I'm going to give you one simple hint: keep those 15 bucks, buy yourself some candy and enjoy yourself with that. You'll have more fun with the wrappers than War Z, trust me. Expand
  6. Jun 19, 2013
    This game is a game. The only worse scam I can think of is colonial marines but its a close call. It was removed from steam as for being false but steam brought it back recently. Nothing has changed, steam dont really care and just want to rip you off, The War Z developers are still incompetent. The only upside if that if your a developer and you see a CV with any of "those" names on it you can put it straight in the shredder without wasting your time. As a scam it was lucky. Steam actually did more to create a successful scam than War Z did though as most of us probably wouldnt have touched it otherwise. The sad thing about games like this is that they undermine community funding and support for titles which are realistically positioned advertised and supported. Many indie companies ARE doing a good job and DO try to meet expectations. These guys never did. Expand
  7. Jul 13, 2013
    Simply "The War Z" with a different name because it was too close to comfort for "World War Z", same old crap, same old treatment, same terrible old game, don't support it, don't let anyone else support it and let VALVe know that you don't want this kind of garbage on STEAM.

What's even more amazing is the fact that they made no attempts to let people know that Infestation: Survivor
    Stories was simply The War Z. Terrible, terrible, bad. Expand
  8. Dec 20, 2012
    Bunch of fanboys on here giving out high scores blaming the customer for not "reading that the game is still in alpha/beta." Fun fact: the Steam page doesn't mention that minor detail. The company says the game is release worthy, and they're selling it like a release game. Don't listen to the fanboys, they're blinded by stupidity.
  9. Aug 6, 2014
    I didn't review this game. Never played it, but somehow it shows up that I reviewed it as a zero. So in fairness I will score it a 2, which is apparently higher than it deserves . I don't know how to remove review scores from my list.
  10. Dec 24, 2012
    What a bummer,they trying to release the game that haven`t finish yet.And now people who brought it got scammed.Stick with DayZ instead.WarZ is just a piece of crap that they wanna look like DayZ but even better,but nothing can do anymore with broken gameplay at all and rob money by purchase something...what a joke.War Inc game should not make a game like this!
  11. Feb 22, 2013
    Worst thing I've ever bought on steam, luckily I got a refund. It was plagued by tons of bugs and glitches and lots of false advertising. It really shouldnt even be able to be rated a 1... I would honestly rate it a 1 out of 100. Yes, 1 out of 100!!!. The developer had no excuses on this one, then again the same idiot developed big rigs over the road racing as well, so clearly he is amateur and behaves like it too. How the people from gamespot, eurogamer, etc. gave it a 36 or around when they clearly said its not worth a single cent, really baffles me... I think they honestly have an auto generated rank and are required to put text on top of it to make it seem valid... Stay away from this with your life, if you think you have 15 dollars to waste you are better off getting a steak at a steakhouse... Expand
  12. Dec 18, 2012
    Unpolished, unfinished and poorly thought through, War Z manages to disappoint me in ways I didn't think was possible. The producer is a moronic jackass, developers lie on a daily basis, there's no communication in their company and the game-play is still in very early alpha-stages. To top it all down, they are also trying to deny people their human rights by pre-emptively saying "No refunds" before the game was even released, knowing that it would have turned out like **** and that people would demand their money back. Good thing they used a 3rd party to transfer funds. Day Z fanboys raging at it before even seeing in-game footage aside, avoid this title like the plague and check back within a year or two to see if they've finished adding all the animations. Expand
  13. Dec 19, 2012
    Don't buy this game, this is the biggest scam ever made, a cheap ripoff from DayZ and a huge cash grab with P2W. The devs shows no respect for the community and censor anyone who criticizes their game but they can't censor here. I have tested it and it was an absolute disaster, don't think i bought this on Steam because i didn't and i never will. Anyone wants to be famous like DayZ, but that's something hard to accomplish, especially when you want people to pay for weapons, fast re-spawn and other things. Expand
  14. Aug 18, 2014
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY PAY TO WIN!!! DON'T YOU JUST LOVE PAY TO WIN GAMES?!
  15. Dec 22, 2012
    it's **** sorry, everyone seems to think you love dayz if you think this game sucks for whatever reason. Should have at least came with a free copy of big rigs.
  16. Jun 24, 2013
    The worst game ever. It's full of hackers and bugs and it's no fun to play at all. I got 0% fun out this game it's just a huge scam to cash in on DayZ.
  17. Jan 30, 2013
    I can;t tell you how bad this game is, It just isn't enjoyable, it's boring and literally I'll rather be doing homework than playing this piece of ****
  18. Jan 16, 2013
    My main criticism of the game is that it's unbalanced to the point of being unplayable, except for a few minutes at a time. New players are thrown into the game with nothing and are constantly just cattle for the few players who managed to accumulate weapons and ammo early on. The weapon drops are so rare that it's just a lottery draw if you'll be able to survive long enough to find one. There is no PVE option for those who prefer it and servers aren't scaled to the power of the players. So it may be fun for those few with a bully mentality who get no bigger thrill than ganking much weaker players, but without a mechanism to allow beginners a fair chance to come up to par, the game will just hemorrhage players until it isn't even worth playing for the handful of fanatics who are left. By the way, what makes it a pain to advance is that when another player kills you, you lose everything you had on you and start back at square one. This leaves only two possible strategies: team up with large groups, which not everyone is interested in doing, or doing very short scavenging runs and bring everything back to your global inventory (which you keep even when you die) and hope to slowly build up enough equipment to survive. That's a job, not a game. All the technical problems are secondary to the fact that there's no game balance. Even if it were technically perfect, it would still not be a pleasant experience. The only hope for this game's survival is either a PVE mode (which not everyone wants) or ranked servers. On the plus side, the mood of the game is good, mostly due to an excellent soundtrack. Expand
  19. Dec 18, 2012
    WarZ is a reskin of War Inc. made to ride on the coattails of Day Z, they are charging people to even play the game (something DayZ doesn't do) and hasn't updated much in the past few months. Admins are known to ban you for random in hopes to rebuy an account. The game has absolutely no anticheat device, there are hackers on every server. Barely could I play even just 1 hour without meeting a noclipper, aimbotter, or speedhacker.

even on ultra settings the graphics are absolutely hideous. it has one of the worst texture quality and texture popping I have ever seen. the game itself plays extremely choppy and chunky. animations are horrendous, Zombies often bug out and spin in circles. Items you buy with real money will be lost if you die. half of the advertised features on the steam store page are not even implemented. it basically looks and plays like an alpha. it is clearly unfinished but they actually charge their alphatesters money.
  20. Sep 21, 2013
    this is honestly a terrible game. i cant even find the right words for how terrible and poorly made it is.
    dont expect it to be like dayZ. its trying to surf on its wave of success but when you play it you cant believe your eyes and wonder how this made it into the steam store.
    please avoid this game at all costs.
  21. Dec 19, 2012
    For starters it is the same group of people which created the ARMAII Mod, Day Z. Secondly, they clearly said on their site that it is pre-beta stage (Compared to Day Z which is in pre-alpha stage.) However there is still no excuse for charging $20 for it, the biggest laugh is it's not compatible with Windows XP, let's make a game, but don't make it for a gaming computer! VALVe has since removed it from being purchased on STEAM since they lied and said it was a finished product, which they later found out it wasn't. Might of been a good sell, but it's multiplier only. Got a full refund though. Expand
  22. Jun 21, 2013
    I had to admit the idea of a zombie apocalypse mmo sounded cool at first but this game is utterly and completely BROKEN! ITS HORRIBLE! AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS!
  23. Dec 19, 2012
    I've never wanted a dev to fail, but I hope these guys crash and burn, and I hope someone takes them to task for lying about the game....Steam should be ashamed for letting this be sold on their service.....I won't be supporting These devs or Steam at all after this.
  24. Mar 5, 2013
    Not worth a penny. The game is a pain to play. There are no weapons to be found anywhere, and if there are, then another person is already camping the place or it's filled with zombies that runs faster than you and can damage you, while you have no chance of fighting back. The zombies also look like crap and could look as if, you were playing the game on a PS1. Some of the othergraphics however are decent, though they're filled with glitches and doesn't match how much the game consumes of the PC. Not to say I had any difficulty playing it at ultra settings with 60 framerate, but a lot of the game just really does look as an old PS1 game. Gameplay, well after 4 hours of trying I didn't get to that thing just yet, because every time I tried, well I died. The game neither does give you any training so you're on your own from the start, which can be very difficult. The game doesn't deserve ANY recommendation by me and I hope those "developers" do something about the game, when I paid my hard-earned money on such a disaster Expand
  25. Nov 21, 2013
    Theres alot of rumors around this game, I'll just tell you the hard facts. nough people are voicing themselves about the unjust bans, DevinH a former mod of the forum was banned for this reason. Just google Warz bans DevinH. Reason why I don't call that a rumor is because there is some evidence to it. Sergeytitov the admin (and executive producer) of the new warz forums gave an apology to the fanbase about us "misreading the steam page", its the worst apology ever.

Google Mad Mack warz open letter, he'll outline the unjust bans & bs. But what it comes down to is this. They falsely advertised it, saying it had all kinds of features that the actual game doesn't have.. they stole art from Walking Dead, and used it in their own promotional campaign. They copy pasted the terms of service from league of legends.. they couldn't even be bothered to make a proper legal document for the bloody game they are trying to sell us..

What it comes down is this... its boring. It's Dayz with alot of features missing, and 1 or 2 convenience features thrown in.
  26. Feb 3, 2013
    This game is scam. Don't even try it. Inform yourself via google first. The games producer steals, insults and threathens people who criticize their product.
  27. Jul 29, 2013
    Despite the potential this title once had, and the continuous improvement over the last months, it is still a very bad game in its current state. It still has massive technical problems. It still does not many of the features it was expected to have upon initial release. Instead, many aspects of the game still seem unfinished or only half-done. Formerly known as "WarZ", this game feels just completely pointless to me, nothing to do, nothing to achieve. It is ugly to look at and pointlessly boring to play. No way I would recommend spending your time on this one. Expand
  28. Dec 19, 2012
    Well i will rate this game on the content and not the surrounding criticism due to the misrepresentation of this game on War Z store page ( also steam), the lack of acknowledging wrong doing by the devs and so on..

I was looking forward to War Z although i did have my worries of this being a simple cash grab that was trying to jump on Day Z's coat tail of success/popularity and well Day
    Z and War z being almost identical by name could give one some fear of what i just mentioned and my fears were and are confirmed.

This is nothing more than a cash grab trying to exploit off another games viral success and i say this because the game is inherently broken, controls very clunky and although the game is being sold it is missing key features which are advertised.
    The visuals are poor, a simple walk (not jump) over a ridge can deplete all health, hitmarkers are very hit or miss and suspect to say the least, poor effort in the sound dept (although they just added some new bgm but i left before this had happened), poor pc support w/ almost no dif between low and high settings, depth of field is very poor wheter is draw distance or just trying to look from door to next room ( have you looked @ a doorframe lately? looks like one with the house/building), maps have not exceeded 100km as of yet although promised up to 400km, servers are laggy as hell but this can be fixed, night time gameplay = spray paint your led/lcd screen black ( i mean come on !! has hammerhead ever been outside at night?), Day Z zombies make War Z zombies look and feel very generic and lack luster and this isnt saying much ( no offense Day Z), The water is outright ugly and pathetic, spawning needs help, boring enviorment which is very ugly to look at to begin with, plenty of bugs in game which effect gameplay and the list goes on..

I dont care if this was 5 bucks, if a game is bad its bad even if it were free so please stop saying "its just a 15 dollar game"..

Save your money , do not buy and the fact that the devs lie, take no responsability and use banning on forums as an answer to anything which isnt a glory to high heavens this game is awesome type of comment is appauling = tread lightly on forums or you will be banned/blacklisted...

I wasted my money for you guys, so you dont have to suffer this let down.
  29. X0R
    Dec 26, 2012
    I bought WarZ prior to Steam, but it's development cycle has been really slow and actually feels more like a tweak-cycle to the existing client. This game has so much potential but currently is still pretty bad. With the choices the dev is making, it will never be great ...let alone mediocre. There's a lot of criticism and technical detailed info out on the web, so I won't repeat. However, the community is one of the worst you'll find in the MMO world. If you love CoD-type hardcore PvP, you'll be right at home. If you're looking for a survival game where the real focus is on killing zombies, you won't find satisfaction in WarZ. You start out with nothing that will give you a chance to survive a close zombie encounter, which forces you into buildings that are typically stalked by PvP players who kill you for a granola bar. Many WarZ players that love the game overlook the approach the dev is taking to nickel-and-dime consumers, as well as his pathetic forum moderation which bans users for criticizing the game. While DayZ has negative aspects as well, it has a great developer that cares about releasing an excellent product - something the WarZ peeps are not focused on. Expand
  30. Dec 17, 2012
    Horrible game, stay far far far away!

Terrible gameplay, bad controls, boring gameworld, tons of bugs, tons of cheaters, lying devs and the list goes on.

How can they not list on the steam store page that this game is UNFINISHED? Or atleast mention its in a very early stage atleast. Also they list tons of features that are not in the game yet. Stop lying and be honest with you're
    fans will go along way instead of treating them bad.

Whats with the banning of legit players for no reason other then making them buy the game again?

Terrible game, stay away!
  31. Dec 19, 2012
    This is quite literally the worst game I have ever played in my life, and I have played some poor games. It is missing the majority of features listed, it is not ready for release by a country mile but is clearly cashing in on the slowing down dayz/zombie train.

You begin with a flashlight, which is impossible to turn off. You cannot turn off your flashlight. For the love of god why
    not?

Honestly, please, just save your money. Burn your money. Whatever, just don't support utter garbage business practices like this. Please.
  32. Jun 18, 2013
    Has to be one of the worst games I've ever played ripping the player out of money by nearly forcing them to purchase in game currency for weapons that will be taken off their corpse due to the unfinished development of the game. This game is a crime to the market and should be taken off all major retailers immediately.

33. Apr 7, 2013
    Wow. Just.... This game is awful in every kind of way. I really hope the developers cancel this terrible thing they dare call a "game", it's the worst thing that happened in 2012.
  34. Jan 14, 2013
    This is a really bad game. It is a poor rip off of DayZ and a money making scam. The Developers are liars and cheats with horrible moderators on forums (From what I've been told). I remember reading an open apology letter online by the executive producer Sergey Titov. He was barely sorry for lying but rather blamed it on his PR team and third parties. He is an **** and I do not intend on purchasing anything he is involved in. http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php?85497-Open-Letter-to-The-War-Z-and-PC-Gaming-community-from-Sergey-Titov Expand
  35. Jun 15, 2013
    Dayz ripoff played for 5-10 hours total and i felt part of my brain dieing. Total ripoff game buy stuff with money from shop and you lose them when you die LOL how money hungry can you get .

**** graphics AWFUL gameplay 50 player servers instead of the 100 they promised boring gameplay .
    Also 90 of the time you are going to be looking for food becouse there isint enough of it
    rest 10 of the time you are looting weapons oh and you find more weapons than bullets.

TLDR: Unfinished game total ass developers that speak rude to theyr customers Shop with real money and lose items -10 10
  36. Oct 27, 2013
    This game is pure the company is pure and the customer support is pure pile of Don't give you money to this big joke of a so called "game company" it is worthless it should not exist! This is the bigges misstake of the year. They also perment ban people who bought the game for no reason. A company full of retards this is.
  37. Dec 23, 2012
    whats wrong with this game you ask, everything zombies are overpowered, the game is not finished, the person behind big rigs over the road racing made this, melee is broken, guns are almost impossible to find, there is not penalty for killing everyone, 4 hour re spawn times, in game items for cash, items go away after being killed,
  38. Feb 14, 2013
    This is the worst game (copy of DayZ) ever created, this can be considered beta v0.01B, they should never sell this game, i hope they make a new game 100% by his own.
  39. Oct 5, 2013
    One of the worst games I have ever played. Developers didnt even focused on gameplay and graphics. Neither A.I intelligence, rendering the game worst. It also contains million of bugs, connectivity issues, rendering it unplayable. Not worth to buy.
  40. Sep 23, 2013
    Did they really think changing the name from The War Z to Infestation: Survivor Stories is going to trick gamers into buying it? Another disgusting display from the developers here.
  41. Jan 6, 2013
    You can't help but feel that Hammerpoint tried to nickle and dime gamers, and worse they tried to do it on the back of another title. It's a terrible case of a developer trying to take advantage of gamers. It might also have been more palatable if the game wasn't the mess that it currently is. All I can say is. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! Rather save your money! This is complete and utter trash.
  42. Jan 17, 2013
    Bought the game on Steam, I couldn't log in. Sent a ticket through their support; no response. Sent another ticket in through support. Again, no response. This was over a month ago, and I'm still waiting to hear back. Fortunately, Steam was nice enough to give me a refund. 0 score, because the developers don't seem to provide any support for this game whatsoever.
  43. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is defined as an MMO. Despite this, it is definitely not an MMO. Massively Multiplayer pertains to a persistent world which does not exist in this game. Instead, you have servers with "batches" of 50 people you can play with.

The texture quality, especially the grass is quite awful. It is impossible to see in grass while proneing at all.

The money shop gives players huge
    advantages for those that use it and really punishes players that dont.

The game on STeam also says an 100km world and multiple maps, despite the fact that War Z only currently has 1 map and it is not even 100km.

The game is very much INCOMPLETE. I could go into horrible detail about how this game has missed the mark. I could understand, if this game was an Alpha. However, this is supposed to be version 1.0 and version 1.0 is a disaster. Not a good buy, dont waste your money.
  44. Sep 13, 2013
    really bad game just like this review.
  45. Oct 21, 2013
    Those devs abused a popular thing and made this cashgrab, their steampage is filled with lies, the game is filled with microtransactions such as if you don't pay your respawn time is multiple hours and much more. Avoid this game at all cost.
  46. Jul 19, 2013
    I bought this game for $3.49. I should have just bought a cheap cigar and put it out in my eye. This game is bad as they say. There is little even for a big zombie enthusiast to enjoy here. the levels are really big with nothing between camp sites but glitchy forests, not even wayward zombies. The game is geared towards making you spend real money on gear.

DO NOT BUY THIS AT ALL!
  47. Dec 19, 2012
    DON'T BUY IT!!!!! This game was made in not time to jump on the DayZ/Walking Dead bandwagon and released too early to cash in on the Christmas sales.

The game itself is unbalanced, the textures and animations are outdated. Loads of bugs! The game world feels empty, the maps are small but getting from A to B takes ages because of low running speed. The Ingame-Shop is more of pay to win
    model. (you can buy ammo) . Expand
  48. Feb 5, 2013
    This game is just awful! Dont Buy it! I bought it for 35,00€ (i think it was 35,00, not sure) and its NOT worths. So many bugs and they released it already. On steam were false information about this game because they only wanted our money. They also said that this game is a game that you buy once and can play it until you die BUT you can spend real money for items that gives you an advantage (they said the items dont). So you bought an item and play 15min then you die and all your items are away. I just repeat it. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME ITS NOT WORTH!!! Expand
  49. Aug 21, 2013
    Lets just say that when I started the game it lagged a lot, the zombies didn't chase me, the textures where really bad and when I got in the city a random sniper killed me. I think I'll come back to this game in a few years... or maybe never again.
  50. Dec 18, 2012
    Let's stick to the facts. The Steam store page for this game lists many features that the game simply doesn't have. The screen-shots for the game are not in-game, and are in fact promotional 'concept art'. The company behind the game are completely unprofessional in the way that they handle their PR. The game probably has the worst micro-transaction system of any game I have ever heard of. Anything that you buy will be lost as soon as you are killed...So why buy anything? Last but not least, the game is riding the coat tails of the success of the DayZ mod and using it's hype to generate sales from misguided people. Expand
  51. Dec 21, 2012
    Three words: A horrible game. However, I would still give a horrible game a 2 or a 3 for the effort of the devs, but I don't feel like the developers of The War Z even deserve these points. If you ban and insult your very own players because they don't like your game and complain about it on forums, you're doing it wrong. Feedback is the base of every game that excists. Developers that didn't listen to its customers useally failed to deliver a decent game and that is exactly what is happening here. Also, I've read a few articles that claim that half of 'The War Z' its content is stolen (The Walking Dead). Anyway: If you really like zombie games, and you really want this game, don't do it: you will be dissapointed and 'Hammerpoint Interactive' don't deserve a single penny. Expand
  52. Jul 22, 2013
    Do your self a favor, and stay away from this game. Worst game ever, at least one of the worst. The game has nothing other than orginal idea DayZ. No other addition than DayZ. Game is super lame. Anti cheat is awful. Lots of hackers and cheaters in the game.
  53. Aug 31, 2013
    Do not think of buying this game, Do not think of playing this game. This game is terrible. Low-res, buggy and full of hackers which the developers of the game hasn't done anything to address this situation.

Let's also point that out that the game's Steam page is also very misleading, About 90% of the features what has been mentioned is not implemented in the actual game.

This game
    is just a cheap cash in for DayZ fans, Wait for the standalone if you want to play a quality looking game. Expand
  54. Dec 23, 2012
    This game is a failure at best and a scam at worst. Not remotely finished, horrible dev team (what kind of dev team plays the game using cheats against other players?), shoddy gameplay (Day Z ripoff, but somehow manages to be clunkier), very little content, and F2P style unlocks. Horrible.
  55. Dec 19, 2012
    This game has been an obvious scam since the day it was announced. Cash shop in a sandbox game based around scavenging items, at least it was worth a laugh.
  56. Dec 22, 2012
    I cannot even begin to tell you how bad this game is, the developers made the most buggy, bare bones, horribly looking game I've ever seen, and lied about almost every option available in the game.
    DO NOT GIVE THESE SCAM ARTISTS MONEY!
  57. Dec 19, 2012
    Long story short, this game is a giant scam. They made it so you have to constantly buy microtransactions. The game has been removed from Steam because of this. DO NOT BUY IT! Do not support these greedy conmen. Its so bad that the devs have come on this site giving it scores of 10. They are pathetic.
  58. Dec 19, 2012
    What a travesty of a game. Not only is it a blatant direct rip-off/cash-in on Day-Z its just a terrible game. Its clear that this game wasn't in development prior to Day-Z, as it lifts so many aspects directly, but just does it in a lazy way.
    This game is basically the equivalent of all the 'mockbuster' films that cheap studios release around the same time as a major release to trick
    people into thinking they are the original. I don't know how many people are going to buy this thinking it's Day-Z, but even if it's only a handful it's a handful too many.
    Valve should remove this game from Steam asap, or risk damaging their reputation.
    If any one is seriously considering buying this, and is aware of its history and controversy, please just hold out for the standalone version of Day-Z!
  59. Jan 27, 2013
    ToS plagiarism + DayZ ripoff + poor graphics/textures + poor sound quality + poor animation + poor gameplay + bad UI + overpriced IAP + one hour respawn time = SCAM.
  60. Dec 20, 2013
    I gave this game a chance, but he disappointed me and I regretted buying it. Poor graphics, creppy online service and a ridiculous. And besides, I could not play at any moment due to bugs in the game. I hate this! It's the worst game I ever played.
  61. Aug 25, 2013
    I tried to look passed the poor behavior of the developers (which I definitely regret), but the game still failed me. I first tried playing on a server with about 70+ people. I ran around killing zombies with my flash light while players were continuously banned. Eventually as I was running clueless through an endless forest, I got banned. I joined another server after that and it didn't get any better. The zombies were very glitchy and got stuck a lot, but other than that it ran fine. I had no lag or anything (and usually do not with my internet connection), so I'm not sure why I got banned. Not worth the measly $4 I paid for it. Expand
  62. oso
    Jan 5, 2013
    This is absolute SCAM! Dont let them steal your money with this pay2win **** - Instead you should try DayZ - it is in every aspect superior to this crap.
  63. Dec 18, 2012
    This is by far one of the very worse games i have ever played and i have been playing video games sense the late 70's, it has no objectives or anything resembling a mission, all you do is walk around for hours to get anywhere just to die by a horde our get killed by another player when you get to where ya wanna be.
    So many things are broken about it, if you die it can be hours before you
    can respawn unless you pay real money for it and when you do you start without the items you originally started with which is crucial.
    Warning! don't buy items from market unless your willing to lose them upon death, this game is nothing more than a money maker.
  64. Dec 18, 2012
    Extremely dull and boring. It's just a glorified deathmatch game with zombies. It looks like **** no matter what settings you put it on. Plenty of bugs and glitches. Not worth anyone's time.
  65. Jun 9, 2014
    Good game, but **** game at the same time. This game has the potential to be a good game a lot of good items in games, good map, and like the concept. However it has more negatives the positives. poor melee animations is one, running looks weird, then we have 9/10 people hacking and the game is buggy and the community is utter crap in general
  66. Jan 22, 2013
    nothing but hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackershackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackershackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackershackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackershackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackershackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackershackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackershackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackershackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers Expand
  67. Dec 19, 2012
    "There is no such thing as 'release' for an online game" ~Sergey Titov

That quote directly from the dev basically sums up everything wrong here. The steam store page for this game is laden with lies about what this game will deliver. For instance "the game supports up to 100 players". No, the game supports a maximum of 50 players on a server. They also say the game's maps are between
    100 and 400 square km, when at MOST there are some that are a maximum of 100 square km. The dev's official response to the accusation that this was a lie? "Okay -- if text is saying "up to 100 players" -- yes, I may imagine situation when somebody will say "okay it HAVE TO BE 100." "Over 100 sq km" falls in "100 to 400" right?". These are direct quotes taken from a gamespot interview with the dev. To sum it up - the game was released in alpha stage quality, the devs later called it a "foundation release". It's a sloppy, buggy game, that is selling complete lies. This is NOT an MMO, this game does NOT support 100 players, the maps are NOT 100 to 400km. THERE IS ALSO NO SKILL TREE. Also should you die in the game you must pay REAL MONEY to respawn, or wait 4 hours.

This game is one of the most falsely advertised products I have ever encountered, and I can only hope legal action is taken to force the developer to fully refund those duped by their marketing lies.
  68. Dec 19, 2012
    The developers completely lied about many of the "features" in this game in a desperate effort to get more money. It's just bad business.
    For me personally, what really ruined the game for me was the retarded character lockout when you die. When your character dies, for whatever reason, that character is locked down for a few hours. The devs haven't fully decided on a lockout time. It's
    ranged from 1 to 48 hours. So even if you're killed by a hacker (of which there are MANY), guess what. You still suffer the agonizing character lockout. This mechanic is completely unnecessary. It rewards hackers and punishes legit players. Because of this God awful mechanic I give this game a zero. It may seem harsh, but you have no idea how incredibly awful this mechanic is. Expand
  69. Jan 11, 2013
    This game company committed intentional fraud. They should be prosecuted to protect the consumer so that other companies don't do the same, with false advertising and draconian methods of punishing anyone who complained or even requested a refund.
  70. Dec 20, 2012
    Those two links alone should MORE than explain why you should NEVER support this game in any way. You absolutely can not let them get away with lying to you over and over, there is no excuse. I hope they get sued. Regardless of if you like the game or not, letting them get away with this is irresponsible, and downright immoral. This can not stand, if you've already bought it DEMAND a refund, and don't be afraid to take legal action if they do not let you, which is quite a possibility. If you haven't bought into this then do NOT. If you've looked at my links and still buy into this you are incredibly stupid and your are hurting the entire industry and proving you are a sheep Expand
  71. Dec 25, 2012
    OK not only is it a bad game maybe 1 or 2 out of 10 because of boring story and layout, glitches, and really a genre that just can't work it is also a marketing scam. Steam removed it because it lied on it's store page about length of development period, and version of the game it is a ripoff of DayZ's gameplay and even name. The zombies on the logo are photoshped versoins of the zombies on The Walking Dead's logo and it stole League of Legends's terms of service. DON'T EVEN TRY TO DEFEND THIS GAME!!! Expand
  72. Mar 11, 2013
    Seriously what the hell, everything from texture to ToS are copied from else where. Dont fall for this copy and paste scam. Simply a game that's riding the popularity of zombie games, except this game is actually not so enjoyable, downloaded it, spent an entire hour trying to log in, in game items are not worth buying, massive fluctuation in game prices, and using BEING A BETA as an excuse to produce sub quality game Expand
  73. Aug 24, 2013
    I played this game with an open mind, expecting Day Z with better visuals, animations etc and with less bugs. Instead what i got was a rip off of Day Z with worse visuals, horrendous sound assets and quite frankly boring game-play. The in game mini transaction system take all the challenge out of an already payed for game and leave players who are unwilling to spend there hard earned cash on ammo and hats at a disadvantage. I can only declare this game to be absolute garbage and it fully deserved it's appalling meta-score. To top it all off the devs decided that it would be an excellent idea to change the name and temporarily remove it from steam adding yet another reason as to why you should ignore this game developer until they pull there hypothetical head out of there arse. Expand
  74. Dec 23, 2012
    This game is just horrendous. False advertising is the only reason it sold even a single copy. either that or because they though it was the Day Z standalone.
  75. Jan 18, 2013
    Deserves all the sh*t that is thrown at it's way. Zero for PR lies, stealing ideas, artwork, assets, name and money. Immature, unprofessional and plain idiot developers. Hackers, bugs, boredom..
  76. Dec 20, 2012
    What the **** is wrong with this game! According to their advertisement on steam, that this and that would be featured in the game, but what the **** happens?! And what a great update for the game, the respawn time is an hour long but instead of minimizing the respawn time they take it to four hours long! Four hours long! What the **** This game is not the worst game ever created but itll going to be one if this game still in the hands of hammer point. Expand
  77. Dec 19, 2012
    Even if you ignore the game's quality for a moment, there's one thing that you should know before you purchase the game - They recently added a line in their TOS stating that you could not purchase a refund if you accepted, and you had to accept to play. They also claim that the game has been in development for years, yet Hammerpoint Interactive was created specifically for The War Z, and has no other games. Not only that, but Sergey Titov said in May 2012 that they would soon invite War Inc players to participate in an alpha test and that they started conceptualizing the game a few weeks ago. This means that the game was not in development for years before, as they claim. Since they released it in such a buggy and clearly unfinished state to make it look like progress was being made when it clearly was nowhere near ready for the open market, it could technically qualify as vaporware - meaning that they started, announced, and released the game before it was anywhere near ready, and falsely claimed that they had worked on it for "years" to try and legitimize it. This is illegal in the United States under the Sherman Antitrust Agreement. Adding the line in the TOS about not getting a refund is illegal as well. Since Hammerpoint is a United States company, they're technically breaking the law. For those of you considering purchasing the game, you now know what you're getting into. Expand
  78. Dec 19, 2012
    Unfortunately, when a game company acts in a disgraceful way, It's very hard for me to even look at the game. The amount of lies these devs have come out with is ridiculous. False advertising, being rude to customers, lying about statistics, game features and about the company itself. This is clearly a pop up company planned to make as much money off a false pretense and then running. The game itself isn't even that bad! The game it's clearly based on is the popular Arma 2 mod "DayZ" and so it has so much room for potential, except they are more worried about money than actually making a good game. Steam is a trusted online store, and the fact that they published these blatant lies on the store page either shows cooperation with this company or that they take no care and attention to what they sell you. Either way, this should hurt Steams reputation a lot more than it probably will.

As this is a score for the game itself, I feel it is still around a 3, but a little side note. DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR MONEY.

To all the people saying to "stop whining" maybe you should research a little, because we all have every right to be pissed off.
  79. Jan 8, 2013
    for goodness sake do not purchase this game, due to their quarrels over a lawsuit War Z has been removed from steam to prevent steam from becoming involved in this sham, the game itself is appalling and requires several fixes (more than that of Day Z mod for Arma 2) the servers are limited in size and people and have many issues attempting to connect to them from any day. the price for the game no matter WHAT OPTION you pick is a joke, if you insist on trying this game, find someone silly enough to have purchased it and use a day pass for 24hours, then you may have a faint incline of how poor this game really is. to top it off, the devs are refusing refunds to loyal customers who have stayed since its beta, due to the fact they have been fed false promises of repairs and new patches for the terrible bugs (which is illegal as i understand it) the in game cash system is also flawed, not only are you paying for an atrocious game the in game cash system offers you nothing unique such as custom gun or character skins, or something that will stay with the account forever, when you die, whatever you spend you lose (just imagine that £50 you just wasted) the only good points i can think of is that if the devs and mods listened and solved this game and improved it, it could have potential Expand
  80. Dec 19, 2012
    I bought this game on Steam and, when i found out AFTER i had bought the product that it was still in a largely unfinished state, that the store page was actually misrepresenting the actual product... The game is still in BETA... it's not finished... After so many searches via Google I can see I'm not the only one very disappointed with this game and the fact that STEAM has decided to sell this product over their delightful (no sarcasm intended) store system. I can't believe the people at STEAM did not vet this game before releasing it onto the public... If I were STEAMPOWERED.COM i would sue Hammerpoint Interactive for damages of reputation. Expand
  81. Dec 28, 2012
    This game would be fine if the developers would admit that the game is in very early alpha stages still, rather than trying to market the game as a finished product. Really though at this point, after having seen the true colors of the development team and the terrible customer service and unprofessional attitude they all have, there is no way I will be spending money on this game in the future. Picked it up at launch, did a charge back with my credit card company within 2 hours. Stay away from this game, if you want a similar game try the DayZ mod for ARMA2, its in alpha still I believe but at least the devs are open about it and not trying to screw you out of a bunch of cash. Expand
  82. Dec 18, 2012
    I'll start off by saying I never played DayZ, I also never bought this game. One of my friends was gracious enough to give me a 24hr guest past to give the game a test drive. I also never participated in the forums, got banned, or got pissy over each time I died, which was frequent. With that out of the way, let's take a look at this game: Well, it's glitchy, for one. You can drop 6 feet off a roof and take no damage, what you can skip a step going down a hill and lose most or all your hp. You quickly learned to never go down a hill without crouching. The zombies only exist by buildings and in the case of big cities, may actually go into a building or spawn there. Besides that they almost never go into buildings, and can't be found anywhere out in the wilderness, which accounts for about 70-80% of the landscape. Zombie AI is also terrible, they can hear you walking around through concrete walls and you can crouch-sneak past them from 6 feet away. They mostly just stand around, every now and then they'll wander about 15 feet, then stop for another undetermined amount of time, I've seen them sit around for minutes. They also chase you for miles, which I found pretty tedious, and they take forever to kill without a gun(I had to hit one 100+ times which took 2-3 minutes). As of this month, there are barely any melee weapons to be found, and guns are more common than the ammo for them, which seems silly to me. Most areas where you can arm up are usually being camped by probably some of the more **** players I've seen in an online shooter. Money is very scarce as well, you might find 50 here, 100 there, but when a basic melee weapon costs 4000+, and you lose it permanently if you die, you're kinda stuck with this "Why bother?" mentality. The graphics are...underwhelming. I don't really have anything good to say about them, they make it feel like a 2004~ with bad animation. The sound is frustrating, because zombies will sound like they're right next to you, but really they're 40 feet or further away. The music is also obnoxious, playing randomly when it's important for you to be able to hear what's going on around you. There's also no way to turn it off, the audio slider cannot be used to mute it. My rating? 1. For obvious reasons detailed. My suggestion? Wait for the DayZ standalone that will likely be quite a bit better than this. People may disagree with me, that I only experienced a 24hr pass(About 8 hours spent playing the game), but there really isn't that much content to the game to justify that argument. What your gaming experience will ultimately dwindle down to is finding a off-the-grid town with weapon spawns, looting it dry, then quitting and loading up another server(preferably low pop) so you have a new instance of the town to loot. Then once you finally have everything, join a mid-high pop server, kill a few people, then die yourself, wasting the 30 or so minutes you just spent getting armor, weapons, healing items, and food/water. If what I listed above appeals to you, I'm sure you'll enjoy it, but I can't in good conscience recommend this game. Expand
  83. Feb 9, 2013
    This game sucks It is utter rubbish, and quite frankly, valve should be ashamed of letting it on steam. It is an unfinished completely utterly unremarkable farce. If you spend money on this, you're very silly. Please don't reward this business practice I strongly suggest you send a bit of feedback to valve and ask them why games like this are available on their service It's a complete disgrace. Absolute disgrace... Expand
  84. Jun 15, 2013
    OH. MY. GOD. This is the most pitiful excuse for a game I've ever seen. Even more so than Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing! (At least you could make fun of that game!). Please, DO NOT get it. It's a Pay to Win type of game, except it's not F2P. The Dev team is a bunch of scammers! Even if this is free, don't waste your harddrive space!
  85. Dec 21, 2012
    Don't purchase this game,this game is terrible they did so many lies to this game the devs yesterday i got my money back from Steam

Notice:IF YOU did buy the title(game)on steam request a refund just by having a support ticket and this is the fun part:you must wait until Valve will see that

I Recommend to buy Arma II:Combined Ops and download the mod "DayZ"
  86. Jan 12, 2013
    Trust the reviews, this game is in fact a pile of crap. The stories are true, they really did just throw together a game using the majority of their assets from another game of theirs to cash in on the success of DayZ. Simply put...

DO NOT BUT THIS!
  87. Jan 17, 2013
    IT'S A TRAP!!!!! Don't buy this game! It's TERRIBLE and nothing but a SCAM!!!! Save your money and buy something else. Wait for DayZ Standalone, buy Arma 2 and get the DayZ mod. Buy something but this piece of sh*t
  88. May 3, 2013
    The devs here had some decent ideas, and not much to show for it in the end. The War Z makes a lot of mistakes, including...

1. Bad PR: The game had not much going for it. Marketed as a better version of DayZ, once complaints rolled in, PR did not handle things at all. The sort-of incorrect Steam page alone is enough for me to already feel iffy about this game.

2. Bad Gameplay: While
    I understand that this game still is unfinished, there are some unforgivable issues. glitches, AI issues, and bad level design all factor into this issue.

3. In Game Transactions: The biggest mistake War Z makes is the in game store. I found to my dismay that purchasing a weapon and dying from a glitch several minutes later does not mean that when I respawn, I'll have that weapon back. Bad move, and a bad idea...

In all, The War Z is a blatant bad game, with wasted potential. If some changes were made, I could consider a higher rating. But War Z is, in it's current state, a shadow of what it could have been.
  89. Jan 21, 2013
    Terrible game that is only further backed up by their customer support. War Z is not ready for official release by a long shot and should have been delayed.
  90. Jun 18, 2013
    just doing my part as a responsible gamer to help further lower the score on this game and show the horribleness of the developers. Nothing about this game is good, nothing about the developers is good. Rude, money mongering jerks who insult their own players and then make them suffer in game.
  91. Dec 29, 2012
    Worst game ever in the history of games. Worst game developers that have ever existed. The developers need to learn how to respect the customers and stop being arrogant losers. I read a couple interviews with the main dev guy Sergei something and he was the biggest douche ever. I am shocked that this game still exists. This game should be banned from ever coming into existence and the developers should learn how to respect the paying customer. I am appalled and never will buy this garbage game after seeing my room mate boot it up for the first time. What a piece of crap. Expand
  92. Dec 19, 2012
    Best thing is that you can get a refund thats higher than the price you paid for the product, in short, you earn money by demanding your money back. Horrible game
  93. Dec 28, 2012
    This game was a total ripoff at Launch. When you put in Cash shop and REAL WORLD money transactions BEFORE you put in basic game features and smash BUGS that are game breaking. I CALL YOU A RIPOFF. Plus the Lead Producer is a LAIR. Never trust him or this company.
  94. Dec 19, 2012
    Words cannot simply describe how bad this game is, but I'll do my best. First off, if you're a War Z fan boy, don't bother telling me about how the game is only in alpha/beta. The developers clearly 'forgot' to mention this fact on the Steam store page. Thousands of people have purchased it, expecting a finished game, yet they have received an absolute **** fest.

Let's get down to my
    initial experience. As a regular DayZ player I least have some knowledge of how to play this sort of game. During my first life, I went to a trailer park and found two unarmed players. I got to talking to them and we agreed to team. Within about 5 seconds of me turning my back they began to hit me with their flashlights (note: I stated to them that I had nothing of worth, as did they). I tried to run away but thanks to the game's ****ty stamina system, I died.

5 minutes into my second life, I ran into a building in a small town looking for loot and was immediately killed by someone wielding a knife. No hesitation, no time to react, dead.

5 minutes into my third life the same pretty much happened but it was at a different location on the map and they killed me with a gun this time. (note: I had nothing, I was barely even a threat, I didn't even go close to them before they shot/stabbed me down).

Barely 3 minutes into my fourth (and final) life I was shot by sniper, completely out of the blue for no reason. After that I decided that I'd had enough.

It's basically Call of Duty with overpowered zombies thrown in. They kill you in about 5 hits and when you're stamina runs out (which it does fairly quickly) they run faster than you.

It's bad enough that they had to copy DayZ but they've done such a bad job of it.

If you're thinking about buying this game I strongly recommend that you don't. Wait for the DayZ standalone.

TL;DR: CoD with Zombies. Awful game.
  95. Jan 7, 2013
    This Game is BAD!!! did they even test it..? around every corner is LAG LAG LAG even more lag. do not waste your money on this. even if its free i wouldn't play it, THATS HOW BAD IT IS. it could of been MUCH BETTER!!
  96. Dec 19, 2012
    This game could of been good... But copying a mod and then failing at doing that... The fact of the matter is that they try to sell a alpha trying to say its a finished game. Then they try to sell power... It's pathetic... So pathetic valve removed it off steam... Horrible games are like bad rats... There is so much more it isn't funny...
  97. Dec 19, 2012
    A cheap cash grab, that's all. Reskinned War.Inc made to profit from the dayz zombie craze as much as possible.

Also the developers are worse than EA and Activision combined.
  98. Feb 22, 2013
    This game is horrible. Seriously don't buy it. It takes a lot of time and a lot of luck just to get a gun, but most of the time another players kills you before you even find one. I bought an item from the market and I didn't even get it. This game is crap and the company should give everyone that bought it refunds.
  99. May 25, 2014
    I bought this game early in beta, really had a lot of fun with one of my friend, we expected it to be a rip off of DayZ which it was, but due to Dayz at the time was still just a mod, and this looked like it was going to be properly managed standalone game, like league of legends.

But going into the game, there already was signs of a rushed, put together project, especially in the
    forums where nothing seemed professional.

I am certain that this game has done its cash grab purposes and will fade away about 4 months ago, wouldn't be surprised if the servers get shut down in a year, or go to F2P, don't buy this game. similar games are out there and are continue to come out, each with its unique spin, wait till one becomes the crowd favourite and go for that one.
  100. Jan 4, 2013
    This game is a total flop in gaming history. Nothing but lies and unprofessional behaviour from the developers side, which leaves a game that is unpolished, unfinished and extremely disapointed thought through.

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.