1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 4037 Ratings

1. Apr 17, 2014
    As a professional player with 9999 hours in this game, I would say this is the king of all games existing in the galaxy. The developers are indeed one of the most talented teams, if not the best, that ever existed in this universe.

How come this astonishing achievement being swallowed by a sea of negative scores? Why don't you guys just face the truth, and accept that this game is the master of all games? It is your fate to spread the glory message of how great this game is to the mankind.

All hail to the glory of old day WarZ, the absolute power over all games in the world.
  2. Sep 12, 2014
    I have played since day 1 alpha and experienced the ups downs of the game it is not for the soft core player, only the hardcore competitive get up again spit in your face don't give a $^&* PLAYER.

Funnest Competitive tactical shooter I have ever played, most satisfying loot system (Killing Other Players). As a survivor game its all about surviving other players not the world. Some

As a survivor game its all about surviving other players not the world.

Some bugs make people hate it, game breaking ones are always fixed.

Hackers ruin the game make it unplayable without them i would need no other game.

Pros Awesome loot system, Tactical team driven survival against players. spawn near death, a lot of armors,Weapons, bullet drop, vehicles, global inventory, die in a few shots.

Cons Hackers, minor bugs,content takes a long long long time to come out, Hackers, developer doesn't care about customers, Hackers. Private server so people can farm without risk store without risk. Hackers, Personal lockers to store some items in can be set down anywhere so you can hide loot if someone comes for you.
  3. Dec 21, 2012
    For a £15/$15 you can't go wrong, for a game which is in its 'Foundation Release' stage it has come a good way since its release on the 15th of October and it is still being updated and will be for the foreseeable future.

It most definitely has its issues and there have been some terrible mistakes when it comes to the marketing of the game but this isn't about the tactics the company use and its mistakes it made with these tactics.

This review is about the game which some seem to forget, giving this game a 0 or 1 is complete BS because everyone knows it deserves more then that.

The games graphics aren't going to blow you away but to be honest if thats why you play games, you shouldn't be playing games.
    The art style is nice and fits the zombie genre.

The gun play is fairly simple and doesn't take a genius to use but if you know anything about the genre, you'll know the gun is not your best option and thats where the melee combat comes in which again is simplistic as it should be. It provides a good variety of weapons with a varying degree of damage.

There is one map at the moment Colorado which provides a variety of terrain and locations with cities, towns, gas stations and Ski resorts too explore and find loot in.
    Most server have a max of 50 players with some allowing 100 players.
    There are plans for more maps with the next planned to release in June, the California map.

The game is not PvE and has a focus on PvP as well as the zombie aspect, I won't lie you will die....a lot.
    The community is not the greatest but there are players out there who will team up with and provide more communication then the barrel of their gun.

There is a marketplace which you can spend in-game currency on which is collected by killing zombies who also give EXP which is used for leveling up and having skills (This is a planned feature, the skill system has not been implemented as of this review).
    You can also buy GC currency with real money to buy items for convenience such as food and drink but you can not buy guns, there are a few ammo types available and cosmetic items like hats.
    You can also buy some melee weapons but these are common in-game. (All purchasable items can be found in-game if you do not wish to use the shop).

You can have upto 5 characters with two gameplay modes, Normal and Hardcore.
    In Normal mode, when you die you lose all items on the player but keep the character and all its stats (Also skills once implemented), there is also a lockout timer where that player is not use-able, right now its at 1 hour but this may change at a later date.

Hardcores difference is that when you die, you die.
    You lose your character and can not use it ever again.

At the moment there are many features that are missing but are planned for the future, they will likely all be in before the end of 2013.

If you want to have some fun in a zombie survival MMO for a low price (unless you wish to spend more, though it is optional) then you should give WarZ a chance, ignore the trolls and haters and look into the game yourself.
    Make your own decision.

If you don't like it there are The Dead Linger and DayZ (Stand-alone) which may meet your zombie needs better but don't simply disregard The WarZ, give it a chance....it may surprise you.
  4. Jan 31, 2013
    This game is a work of art, the graphics are amazing, the gameplay is really fun, it feels so realistic, and don't even get me started on how good the customer service is. Simply amazing.
  5. Mar 27, 2013
    People are way way way to rough on this game. They constantly update and tons of features were added. Plus nobody who reviewed it actually bought it, its just a parade of IGNnorant 10 year old fanboys with no life. They say it sucks, but if you watch the review they just repeat what IGN said. Give it time. Its very fun. I dont see a problem with the Gold Credits score, its not like you canPeople are way way way to rough on this game. They constantly update and tons of features were added. Plus nobody who reviewed it actually bought it, its just a parade of IGNnorant 10 year old fanboys with no life. They say it sucks, but if you watch the review they just repeat what IGN said. Give it time. Its very fun. I dont see a problem with the Gold Credits score, its not like you can buy guns or anything like that, just food, medicine and knives and hats. Expand
  6. Jan 7, 2013
    "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma--which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." -"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma--which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." - Steve Jobs - February 24, 1955 - October 5, 2011 RIP Expand
  7. Oct 5, 2014
    This game is pretty good, I'm not joking, at first, I thought it was bad, but I see that is was worth the 3 bucks. It's just addicting to get more xp to get more skills, get more gear, and more cash. The game world is large to me, so I give the game credit for that. I don't know why people don't change their reviews here, they were made in 2012, today in 2014, there were several bigThis game is pretty good, I'm not joking, at first, I thought it was bad, but I see that is was worth the 3 bucks. It's just addicting to get more xp to get more skills, get more gear, and more cash. The game world is large to me, so I give the game credit for that. I don't know why people don't change their reviews here, they were made in 2012, today in 2014, there were several big updates that added more features and fixes. I don't see any bugs and glitches, only that melee combat does get awkward sometimes, and an occasional lag. Graphics, I must admit, are not so good. I have a strong laptop with a powerful graphics chip, but the game lag a little on medium setting, while on high graphics setting, it lags a lot. Although, to me, it doesn't matter how the graphics look like, this game is fun, zombies should be better designed though. Thank you. :) Expand
  8. Jan 21, 2013
    Keep crying carebears. Not the games fault you can't handle the post apocalyptic world. Advice: Join a clan. Mine is ripping it up. I'm loving this game. Updates are slow but I'm patient.
  9. Jun 21, 2013
    i finally got the game during recent steam 75% off sale and i have to say its loads of fun to play.

it plays, runs, looks and sounds great and ive really haven't had any real problems to speak of. sure a lot of people have many good reasons to be upset with how the game was released. but they've made a lot of improvements in the last 6 months and it shows. from the skill tree to

but they've made a lot of improvements in the last 6 months and it shows. from the skill tree to the punk buster support that keeps hackers away.

and they've also done a lot of tweaks that make it play and look much better.

also they include to work on it. you can see that from the regular releases that improve the game to the developer diaries where they discuss in detail what they are working on for the future.

also if your not into pvp solor there are a great many clans and free private pve servers. so don't let all the noise about the horrors of pvp stop you from getting this game. just one one of them.

so if you have not already purchased it wait for the next big sale and get it!

finally im giving it a 10 instead of the 7-8 i would like to give it to offset the countless trolls and griefers, many that don't even own or play the game, who have given it a 0-1. and while its not a 10 its not a 0!
  10. Mar 11, 2013
    This is the best game ever 10/10 must buy, most innovative game of the year. Beautiful graphics, fascinating lore, brilliant story, deep character design. What more can I say? Get this game now, what a bargain for just $15.

Just kidding lol.
  11. Mar 13, 2013
    I review it from a point with ~15 hours of gameplay, to be honest, it isnt all that bad as everyone says. I have ~200 Hours of gameplay on dayz and all i can say is that, you should also give WarZ a fair Chance...... I give this Game a fair 8, also keep in mind that it is FAR from complete....
  12. Jul 18, 2013
    I haven't played a game this good since Big rigs, over the road racing, best game ever 10/10 if you can imagine day Z on an epic level, you have this game

(of course I don't mean it)
  13. Jul 7, 2013
    Infestation is a great game. I have been playing for 20 hours solo and have just introduced it to a pack of my friends. Yes it is similar to Dayz but i had so many issues with dayz that it was unplayable. I also love the slower moving zombies!

The game is gorgeous too, I spend so much time doing screenshots! there is a lush green environment with thick long grass to use as cover and the day/night cycle is incredible.

Dont listen to anyone that reviewed it while it was in beta, I guarantee that a huge portion never even played it. Make sure to get the pack that gives you a little in game currency just to get started.
  14. Dec 18, 2012
    I loved the game before the 12/14/2012 patch.
    pvp is really the only fun thing about this game. zombies are way too easy to kill and they're just annoying to deal with.
    pvp and looting other players corpses is a lot of fun to me. you get an adrenaline rush after player kills because others can watch you in third person mode and wait for you to run by then kill you. It gives you a lot of
    I loved the game before the 12/14/2012 patch.
    pvp and looting other players corpses is a lot of fun to me.
    you get an adrenaline rush after player kills because others can watch you in third person mode and wait for you to run by then kill you. It gives you a lot of paranoia in populated areas of the map :)

coming from a veteran fps player, this game is a very refreshing fps experience that no fps title in the past 10 years has given me.
  15. Sep 1, 2013
    I really like the game, the mix mixture between sumulation and arcade is good for me. I really like that you must be on your guard because there's players and zombies.

Its hard to explain, you really need to give it a go. (With some friends is a plus) and for only 15$ it's great value.
  16. Jul 19, 2013
    Don't listen to any of the bad reviews, this is a very good game. I hesitated because of the heat it was under but I regret not getting it earlier, this game is great and tops dayz in every single way. Buy it, it's worth it and if you go into it unbiased you won't be disappointed.
  17. Mar 30, 2013
    If your not a hate-wagon follower or a dayz fanboy and you have archived some grade of maturity in your life, feel free to read me If you are a blind hate bandwagon follower, 15 years old or a day z fanboy, go right ahead and rate my review down, walk away and be happy After all, this game isnt as bad as everyone makes it out to be. While i do agree that the game often goes intoIf your not a hate-wagon follower or a dayz fanboy and you have archived some grade of maturity in your life, feel free to read me If you are a blind hate bandwagon follower, 15 years old or a day z fanboy, go right ahead and rate my review down, walk away and be happy After all, this game isnt as bad as everyone makes it out to be. While i do agree that the game often goes into directions that the playerbase doesnt want this game to go, the game at its core is fun, lots of fun.. The pure insolence that all this so called "Professional and Mature" game magazines have delivered here simply makes me want to rip my hair out It should be 100% clear that this game is far from complete. Since the big hate outbreak that some people started, out of pure self-intrest, the game has improved itself over and over again, engine optimazations have been done, the melee is finally challenging, the world has been improved, houses have been opened, some textures have been enhanced, and so on; And it keeps on going, week after week, day after day it becomes a more and more immersive experience. With my gaming knowledge, starting at the 16 bit era i can honestly tell you that you should give this game a honest try and bring the senseless hate to a halt. Im also telling you that im in deep love with day z and that im eagerly awaiting standalone... After all, i think two great games are better then one, right ?The developers seem to have alot of mercy with the hackers.. It usually goes like this, person "a" hacks, gets reported, the developers take a look at the screenshots that fairfight does of the persons UI, wich detects and shows all signs of ESP, and person "a" finally gets banned! Person "a" cant believe it, spams the forum and writes a support ticket and cries to everyone on how bad this game is, gets unbanned and the process repeats. And so do the simple haters, or fanboys that keep on scaring people off that wanted to buy the game It is sad to see it with a clear mind, it is sad how overpopulated the internet is, with young raging players and immaturity.. It is 15 bucks, it IS a fair price. Im playing this game since it came out, and havent been banned nor kicked nor warned once... Dont listen to those people and give it a try! It really isnt as bad... I am also sorry for those people who really got banned without a reason and i want to make myself clear that i am not talking to them or want to offend them in any way... Thats enouth of my wobble, so, pick it up (or dont) Expand
  18. Nov 26, 2014
    This review is after playing the game on the NEW HARDCORE SERVERS/GAME MODE

This review is after playing the game on the NEW HARDCORE SERVERS/GAME MODE

The game right now is absolutely brilliant, you find weapons(with a few bullets) and stuff everywhere, fps at least for me have increased, you wont find groups of 10 people laughfing at you in this servers cause you literaly cant make groups (sure people will still play together but it helps), zombies look diferent from each other and are an actual threat if you dont take them serious, no thirdperson view makes it even more inmersive, 0 lag, and it seems there are no hackers.

Plz buy this game or reinstall it you wont regret it, the game really deserves a second chance.
  19. Dec 25, 2012
    The game is great if DayZ came out after The War Z people would be doing this to it. Don't say no because it's true you would be dissing it. COD is a rip off of MOH because MOH was first! That's about much sense you all make with this. Stop with the bandwagon. Half of the hate is idiotic nonsense, no truth in most of it AT ALL. I've been part of this game since DAY ONE and will continue toThe game is great if DayZ came out after The War Z people would be doing this to it. Don't say no because it's true you would be dissing it. COD is a rip off of MOH because MOH was first! That's about much sense you all make with this. Stop with the bandwagon. Half of the hate is idiotic nonsense, no truth in most of it AT ALL. I've been part of this game since DAY ONE and will continue to support it. Don't like it then get out! Your hatred is unneeded. Be like someone starting a petition to illegalize Mountain Dew because he hates it so everyone jumps in because others are doing it, stupid! Expand
  20. Jan 31, 2013
    Yes this game has its flaws. But I have had so much fun with it, that I have to rate it at least a 9. I bought it before the steam launch and I do not regret it one bit. I had been looking at DayZ videos, looking at how cool it was, but did not want to purchase ArmA II: CO to play it. I decided to wait for the DayZ standalone. Then a friend told me about The War Z, so I bought it and haveYes this game has its flaws. But I have had so much fun with it, that I have to rate it at least a 9. I bought it before the steam launch and I do not regret it one bit. I had been looking at DayZ videos, looking at how cool it was, but did not want to purchase ArmA II: CO to play it. I decided to wait for the DayZ standalone. Then a friend told me about The War Z, so I bought it and have enjoyed it all this time. Met some great people in the game, going around in a group of six is so fun! While I do enjoy The War Z, I have never yet played DayZ and do plan on purchasing the standalone when it's released and playing a bit of each. Expand
  21. Mar 2, 2013
    This game is not bad, It's even worth buying the weapons, and extra supplies with real money. I got banned for the first time buying it, but I bought another one, so it works out well.
  22. Jul 2, 2013
    So, I have been looking at this game for a while. I watched a ton of videos about how to play and what to expect. I'm not the biggest fan of Zombies and can't really stick with man MMO's other than WoW. However, I gotta say, I just bought this and its not half bad. I mean, it was only $15. Which I know for some people is a lot of money. Also, in regards to principle, yes I'm aware of whatSo, I have been looking at this game for a while. I watched a ton of videos about how to play and what to expect. I'm not the biggest fan of Zombies and can't really stick with man MMO's other than WoW. However, I gotta say, I just bought this and its not half bad. I mean, it was only $15. Which I know for some people is a lot of money. Also, in regards to principle, yes I'm aware of what happened at its release. I'm aware of what happened. I can't say that I agree with it nor support it. However, aside from that the game has improved GREATLY. The graphics are much more crisp. The lighting can be spectacular. Now, there is the cash shop, however, its really not pay to win. I have just a good a chance to get a drop on you as you have on me. A few well placed shots and poof your stuff is mine :)
    I think that Hammerpoint got the message. Both from the players and Steam. They have apologized for how they went about their practices. Look, is that game worth a zero score...no. Not even close. Is it worth a ten. Nope. However, is it worth your time. Most definitely yes. Looting is challenging and its rewarding to find items. Much of what they promised is now in the game. Outside of cars and any vehicles, which I wish there was. Walking everywhere is pain. Also, there are a lot of areas that really don't have much going on so it can get a little slow at times. However, once you get the idea of where to loot and the battles surrounding those areas, you'll appreciate those places. Also, yes when you die you lose your stuff. I like that they kept that. It makes it a much more tense game at higher population servers.

Its worth your time, trust me its not "Battleship The Video Game" bad. And that game cost $60 on release day.... It's no Sim City. And with a few friends its really really fun.

Hope that helps. Have fun and see you out there.
  23. Dec 21, 2012
    The game actually is how I thought it would be. I like the zombies and how you kill them, weapons are a bit common but yea... I know, the game has many bugs and **** but I still won't get a refund. Why? I see, that they try to fix everything and listen to the community. That's enough for me to trust them. I am looking for this to be a good game, but not in one week, not in one month butThe game actually is how I thought it would be. I like the zombies and how you kill them, weapons are a bit common but yea... I know, the game has many bugs and **** but I still won't get a refund. Why? I see, that they try to fix everything and listen to the community. That's enough for me to trust them. I am looking for this to be a good game, but not in one week, not in one month but maybe in 6 month this will be a really great game. The game was just released and since the alpha really many things has been changed and added. And just because some things are copied, it doesn't mean the game suck. Would you rather use the first phone on earth, or a Samsung Galaxy? I would prefer a Samsung. Actually, I would give this game 10 points if they would fix the problem with the hackers, because the game is fun. But something annoys me: The mainstream cities. You go to a popular city and you see like 10 people in 5 minutes. I know, it's actually good if you're not alone, but 10 people... If they would hollow out more buildings, people will actually travel to different cities and not to the big ones. BTW: I hate to spawn at safe zones. Expand
  24. Dec 3, 2013
    I think this game is amazing, and just too underrated, it's a good game to play before DayZ standalone is released. it has good graphics, good gameplay, and a big map got released (california), if you want fun, play this game.
  25. Dec 18, 2012
    I normally don't write reviews but after reading some of those reviews I had to put in my two cents.

First, notice that all those negative comments are saying "Day Z is better!" That may be true but this is not day z and you shouldn't hate it because some game similar to it is better. Rate games on how good it is, not how good its competition is. Graphically it is not spectacular.

Graphically it is not spectacular. It looks like it should be made 5 years ago graphics wise. Its not all bad though. I see things and can instantly recognize them. Graphics are not important to me much and so it is not weighted much in my over all rating

Game play is fantastic. It is a zombie survival horror game. The game play is exactly what you expect. You start off some some food, drink, medicine, and a low tier weapon. Than you proceed to scavenge for more of everything. Save crap in your global inventory and be happy. Yes they have an item mall but you can only buy what you can find normally, you can find currency in game, and its not smart to spend real money because the second you die you lose all your gear.

Sound is pretty good. I don't much care for sound in any game but this game its so so. You do make sound when you walk on other surfaces, gun shots are unmistakable (it even makes that ricochet sound when a bullet hits a rock close by you). There isn't really any music but there is mood setting sounds occasionally. I guess its what you expect; from a zombie survival horror.

Story is non existent. This is not bad though, in fact this is good. Its what makes this game special. Its a sandbox type of game similar to Mount and Blade. You forge your own path and do what you want.

Over all I give this game an 8 out of 10. it is REALLY fun and will play it a lot. (played it 10 hours nonstop on launch day). However, it can improve a lot, and according to the developers. My mid 2013 it will have a lot better about it (they list what they want to add and when they expect to do it).

And on top of all of this the game is only $15. When compared to a normal $60 game this is a great deal! Go buy it before they do take it out of beta and jump that price up to $60.
  26. Dec 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very good game to play with friends and make clans... very good pvp and good pve
    i have more than 200-300 hours in this game... better than dayz mod....
  27. Apr 23, 2013
    This game is awesome! I love zombie survival games, and this is one of my favorite ones! I have played DayZ, but I might think this one is a little better! It is always fun to find food, water, weapons, etc.
  28. Dec 18, 2012
    Don't buy into all the nerd-rage, it's great value at $13.50 and a heap more fun than Day Z Mod, especially played with friends. Will be interesting to compare it to Day Z Standalone.
  29. Dec 19, 2012
    You guys are too rough on the game. Yes they did advertise features that are not yet present, but the game right now is quite fun. Actually, I play a LOT of games, and this might the one where I've had the most fun with my friends, ever. You form a squad, hold tactical positions and formations, learn to properly communicate, then hop from town to town hoping for good fights. The onlyYou guys are too rough on the game. Yes they did advertise features that are not yet present, but the game right now is quite fun. Actually, I play a LOT of games, and this might the one where I've had the most fun with my friends, ever. You form a squad, hold tactical positions and formations, learn to properly communicate, then hop from town to town hoping for good fights. The only downside right now are hackers, but they are working on it.

This game is NOT for you if you want PvE, this is a PvP game. Zombies are not a threat at all in this game.
  30. Jan 1, 2013
    Sergey Titov did it again. The only reason I'm not giving it a 10/10 is because it isn't as WINNER as Big Rigs or Remington Big Buck Trophy Hunt, but it's certainly the most WINNER game out this year. Congratulations, Titov, and may we all be WINNER!
  31. Mar 31, 2013
    WarZ is a game that about survival you have to find food water supply weap for survive and survive thousand zombie (Infected) you can make a team to stronger and you can choose to be Bandit Or Lawman killing people for supply or giving people a supply this game is very very awesome I LOVE THIS GAME but it's have a some glitch and bug but it's ok
  32. Oct 14, 2013
    Perfect game! I have dumped thousands of hours in to DayZ and this had all of the features I wish dayz had. Unlike DayZ this game is highly pvp oriented and zombies are very unforgiving, This makes most of the reviewers hate on this game. When it first came out it was still in beta but they didn't label it publicly causing meta critic to give it one of the lowest scores in history. If thisPerfect game! I have dumped thousands of hours in to DayZ and this had all of the features I wish dayz had. Unlike DayZ this game is highly pvp oriented and zombies are very unforgiving, This makes most of the reviewers hate on this game. When it first came out it was still in beta but they didn't label it publicly causing meta critic to give it one of the lowest scores in history. If this was reviewed to today's game play it would be an 8 or 9. Expand
  33. Dec 21, 2012
    People are ridiculous and just being dayz fans. This game is a work in progress and many of the arguments they use are no longer valid, like server population and the amount of zombies. I'm not sure why there is a lot of hate towards this game and it's devs but it has been misplaced. I think a lot of the anger stems from it being a difficulty game especially if you play alone, people getPeople are ridiculous and just being dayz fans. This game is a work in progress and many of the arguments they use are no longer valid, like server population and the amount of zombies. I'm not sure why there is a lot of hate towards this game and it's devs but it has been misplaced. I think a lot of the anger stems from it being a difficulty game especially if you play alone, people get frustrated when they make no progress I get. Well make a friend, I play with the same guy every time and we do swimmingly. The devs are actively updating the game and asking the community for input i really don't get what all the rage is about. Expand
  34. Dec 18, 2012
    A much better game then its reputation. Dont belive all the scam lies about this game.

Have had some of my more intense ingame moments in this game. Its a thrill.
  35. Dec 21, 2012
    First thing to know: This game is a work-in-progress. You can get this game for about $15. You can spend more, but that will be for in-game-currency. These items you would buy will not be yours forever. These items can be taken from you upon death the second you take them out into the world of The War Z. Any item you have is able to be taken from you when killed (by players, theFirst thing to know: This game is a work-in-progress. You can get this game for about $15. You can spend more, but that will be for in-game-currency. These items you would buy will not be yours forever. These items can be taken from you upon death the second you take them out into the world of The War Z. Any item you have is able to be taken from you when killed (by players, the environment or the zombies), unless you store them in your item-bank. Many are angry from not understanding that this is the type of game you are going to play. There is no holding hands, there is no "noob friendly" gameplay. People in this game are ruthless, and people that help others are very very few and far between. You'll be Killed on Sight almost everytime, so you have to play smart and watch populated areas until you can safely move.
    If this is the kind of survival simulator you are looking for, then this game will be awesome for you. The goal is simple: How long can you survive, and are you good enough to go out into towns, cities and the wilderness to find supplies, ammo, weapons, food and possible companions to help you... And now, can you make it back to a safezone alive and safe with all that loot so that you can store it for later adventures?
    Many will try, only a few will succeed. Are you going to be one of them? The world is full of bandits, raiders, deuche-bags, and those that find absolute joy in killing you and taking your spoils of war.

If you want a flowery wandering and wonderful experience of fairies and lollipops, don't even get close to this game. It is brutal and unforgiving, but if you love a challenge, strategy, patience to watch and wait for that perfect moment to take action, then this game will give you the satisfaction you want from a hardcore game.

Day/Night cycles. Night is brutally unforgiving, the whole screen is basically black with the audio of the zombies and the footsteps of other scavengers trying to hunt you, or find the supplies you need and are looking for. Only the stupid use their flashlights to see... that just lets us know where you now are...

In-game bank, to store your spoils and lootz of war (if you can make it back alive, when you go back out you can re-equip from your bank as needed)

The Cons: The game is still being worked on. There are a lot of rough edges, the developers are still adding game elements and changing rules and game mechanics every few weeks, so you must be able to flow with that, becuase the game is still in its basic stages. But for $15 this game is awesome. There are no friends list yet, you can only do "Clans" right now to keep/find buddies in the game. The Pros: Some servers run with 100 players at once, and I've experienced NO LAG during those times, I run a slower computer and the game is smooth on my screen. Where you aim, is where you hit, I haven't had any LAG aiming problems. This game is rough, but for what you get (not all selilng points of the game are there yet), you get an awesome game-in-progress.

Best $15 I ever spent for a Zombie Survival Game Online! Graphics are "fine" for a $15 game. Audio is "fine" for $15 game. Don't expect AAA musical score, or graphics that would melt a $5k computer. But the overall-core gameplay is solid (survive, scavenge, PVP, and SURVIVE)

Don't listen to the haters. They wanted COD-meets-COUNTER STRIKE. They got The War Z instead, so they rage-whined and QQQ'd on metacritic here...
  36. Dec 25, 2012
    Very good survivor MMO, not for the weak of heart or for people who don't like to work hard to get things and possibly lose it all in an instant.

Similar to DayZ with significant differences and in my opinion leaps and bounds better. Ultima Online hands down funnest game I played growing up and I wish more games these days were like that where you can lose everything you have worked to get in the blink of an eye. Too many games these days are designed to work with you to accomplish things instead of make you work for it. Just so new readers know, I am reading through the reviews and like 70% of what I am reading they have already fixed or implemented as they said they would. Such as bugs and majority of hackers banned and the 100player private servers....

This game is a breath of fresh air when compared to games like WoW, BF, CoD, Diablo, Crysis, and whatever other popular games that I play but just can't really enjoy to it's fullest because they are simply too easy and I feel like I am getting my hand held along the way.

I love the adrenaline that pumps through my system at the thought of hearing footsteps running around or especially seeing that guy walk around the corner with an assault rifle, or hearing that crack of a sniper...

There are bugs still granted it is expected for how new it is and they are still working on it. There are several designs about it that are similar to DayZ, but most games are like all other games to be frank. Guildwars, LoL, WoW, Dota, SW, etc.etc. all similar playstyles and all got ideas from other games. Overall great game great experience even though I do get pissed off when I get killed after I spent so much time on it and lose all my stuff before I can get to my global inventory.

Chances are most people hate this game because it is similar to a game they have already played, heard rumors it is a rip off to another game, or they just don't like to work at video gaming.
  37. Dec 19, 2012
    I ve played DayZ for about 2 hours before the ugliness of the game made me quit. This on the other hand looks ok and is still improving. Granted there was a PR **** up with the steam release and it still needs a lot of work bit the game has a lot of potential and certainly deserves better the the current user score seems to suggest
  38. Dec 19, 2012
    I have been a gamer for 15+ years and this is a GREAT game. My clan has flocked to this and played it every day for the last two months. We will play this AND DayZ standalone. Both offer different gameplay expierences. Best put, WarZ is the COD version of Dayz. It is much more casual friendly versus DayZ. Do not mistake this for being an easy game though. The learning curve on this game isI have been a gamer for 15+ years and this is a GREAT game. My clan has flocked to this and played it every day for the last two months. We will play this AND DayZ standalone. Both offer different gameplay expierences. Best put, WarZ is the COD version of Dayz. It is much more casual friendly versus DayZ. Do not mistake this for being an easy game though. The learning curve on this game is huge, but rewarding. I am not good with reviews, so I will type a normal night for my clan.... Scout gets a vantage point over town. Team of two approaches the town from the east. Team of two approaches town from west. Scout calls enemy positions. Team one assaults and push enemy into ambush setup by team two. Collect loot, move to next town. A lot of fun and stratgy comes out of this game. Expand
  39. Dec 18, 2012
    The War Z is a lot of fun. I'd give it two thumbs up. One of the best things I love about this game is the death system. In most MMO's death is simply a minor inconvenience -- you die, you re-spawn at the alter with all of your gear, and maybe suffer some repair costs. In The War Z, when you die, you lose EVERYTHING and must wait out the revive timer before being able to play the sameThe War Z is a lot of fun. I'd give it two thumbs up. One of the best things I love about this game is the death system. In most MMO's death is simply a minor inconvenience -- you die, you re-spawn at the alter with all of your gear, and maybe suffer some repair costs. In The War Z, when you die, you lose EVERYTHING and must wait out the revive timer before being able to play the same character again. This really makes death in this game significant. No other game gets my heart pounding and my palms sweaty like The War Z. When you have a backpack full of loot, and you hear the sound of footsteps from another player, or gun shots nearby..... Oh man, it's game on! Expand
  40. Dec 18, 2012
    I don't understand why people would compare this game to Day Z. They might be in the same environment, share gameplay or something else, BUT YOU ALL BOUGHT COD:BOII, similarities never stood in your way before, why are they so important now? Game is not the greatest one, but hey, it's not THAT bad. Support in War Z is very responsive to what players want, they update game almost every day,I don't understand why people would compare this game to Day Z. They might be in the same environment, share gameplay or something else, BUT YOU ALL BOUGHT COD:BOII, similarities never stood in your way before, why are they so important now? Game is not the greatest one, but hey, it's not THAT bad. Support in War Z is very responsive to what players want, they update game almost every day, they really putting a lot of effort into it. Also I think that reddit posts and all the frauds against War Z is Day Z developers' fault.
    TL;DR give the guys a break
  41. Dec 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game has a lot of hype. More bad than good I would say, especially just looking at these reviews. A lot of the negative hype are day z fan boys. Sure great, no worries. What many of these posts don't realize is that the game is still in beta. The price was not reduced to 15, it has always been 15. Anyone that spent more gets in game currency equal to what they spent and other perks. Nothing game changing, things like private stronghold servers and such. I have played the game through alpha and into beta, alpha was rough. It was hacker plagued. The hackers have been reduced, and now that it is launching through steam and with the "new anti-hack" out. Which I think is the same anti-hack but with the consequences of hacking a game on steam attached. You kids won't want to lose your steam account will you? The threat of hackers should be greatly reduced. To kozzy420 or anyone that bought the game through steam, I'm not sure how it shows the game, but any research into the game, like 5 seconds into google and you could figure out it is in beta. And come on for 15 bucks you could do a lot worse! I have paid 60 bucks for crappier x box games that I spend less time with than I have with war z. Either way I like war z better than day z at the moment. I will try the day z stand alone but will definitely keep my account going. This is a good game with a ton of negative hype, but don't listen to the people saying they are rushing the game. The game is in beta, so it is still a work in progress, they have already tested skill trees, but have found they need more work to be in the game, so they said they will not have them done this year. Does that sound like rushing? No it sounds like a smart choice by them to not rush something as integral as a skill tree.

The baby gamers of the new generation need to suck it up and clan up. Get together with some people, hold down a town or go explore if you want. We had six of us build a stronghold in the clearview small grocery the other night then call the server out. Told them we had all sorts of good loot, which we did. All of us fully armed with plenty of ammo, barricades for our building, all had body armor and helmets. We held it down for a good hour and a half with lots of action. There was maybe two to three separate groups that showed up. They were doing most of the fighting at first, then the winners tried to take us down, but they were hard pressed. They had a sniper up on a hill with no shot on us, and kept poking their heads into the market to try to get us. They did get two of us, I got two kills, a buddy got two as well. We lost another to the sniper as he tried to loot. We sent him out after we killed a bunch in the town. He came back in and we were able to loot a lot of the stuff. We had to use another barricade in the middle of the street so the sniper couldn't kill us as we looted. It was different, and it was a lot of fun.

Watch a short clip of part of the battle.

Here you can watch us celebrating the holiday.

Here you can watch a zombie montage, the night stuff isn't great. Hard to film at night. Need night vision!

The game is what you make it, but you can't survive on your own for too long. Only a matter of time, clan up, it is an mmo in that sense. For 15$ this game is a bargain. It was always 15! Not a quick cash grab as the haters say. Don't waste your money? I'm sure almost all of you have wasted 15 dollars on more. You don't need gc to play the game as many say. It helps speeds your revival time for about the same cost of a baseball bat. You can't buy guns. You can buy a very limited supply of ammo. The key though as I said you need to clan up, groups of three are decent for going around, but the more the merrier! Enjoy the holidays!
  42. Dec 19, 2012
    Well, I have voted 10 because I really think, I've got what I payed for. The game has it unique chaotic atmosphere of survival. Not all the features are available yet but devs are releasing up to 3 patches a week!
    I would definitely suggest the game to Zombie fans!
  43. Dec 19, 2012
    I like the game but absolutely can't believe how badly the developers treat their community. Launching a 4 hour respawn without talking to the community first and then expecting them to pay to be revived. How can I sell this to my friends??? They need to listen to the community and develop a relationship with them like many many other great small developers.
    The game can only survive with
    The game can only survive with a good community relationship into the future. Right now it does not have that at all.
  44. Dec 20, 2012
    Still in development, has potential !!! Some bugs but really good. New and cool features are coming in the future. More maps will be available. Beware of aggressive players !!! Most people will just kill you without talking first just because of fear !!!
  45. Jan 7, 2013
    So; all this hate. I don't agree in the last 2 weeks; they have released a patch and for tomorrow another is scheduled. They have finally implemented their anti-hack and are perma banning now. The game is fun, and is truly a survival mmo zombie game. Problem with days is its engine; its holding it back. the game will never look any better. while on ultra the War Z looks actually prettySo; all this hate. I don't agree in the last 2 weeks; they have released a patch and for tomorrow another is scheduled. They have finally implemented their anti-hack and are perma banning now. The game is fun, and is truly a survival mmo zombie game. Problem with days is its engine; its holding it back. the game will never look any better. while on ultra the War Z looks actually pretty nice.

SO I GIVE MY HONEST OPINION Thanks for your tiome.
  46. Jun 20, 2013
    I'll tell you guys why i'll give the game 10/10

I'll tell you guys why i'll give the game 10/10

On the beginning, when the game was released. It indeed had a lot of problems. People could use hacks, false information on steam. I did buy the game on the release date. I also did enjoy it, but there always were the moments, when you see a hacker with a sniper rifle. He kills you, you die and loose all your stuff. Indeed it was annoying, but even with all those problems. Hammerpoint Interactive" did not give up. They tried to improve the game with everything they could e.g adding a punk buster. I'm playing the game as we speak. You certainly can see the improvement
  47. Jan 24, 2013
    The War Z is, by all counts, an interesting game. The hacker counts are falling, the reputation system has started up, and some of the long awaited features look to be on the horizon. The game still has the problems faced by similar venues, where the gamer population seems to have no interest in working together, but if you get a group started, things become exponentially more fun. ThisThe War Z is, by all counts, an interesting game. The hacker counts are falling, the reputation system has started up, and some of the long awaited features look to be on the horizon. The game still has the problems faced by similar venues, where the gamer population seems to have no interest in working together, but if you get a group started, things become exponentially more fun. This game with give you a time well worth the $15 it costs now, and will only get better. Expand
  48. Feb 18, 2013
    Great game from an indie developer, not polished, but I like to see it as a work in progress, and I've already got more than 10x worth out of the cheap game cost
  49. Feb 23, 2013
    Even if this game has bugs,glitches ,and unfair player killing.this game is actually not that bad there coming up with more updates more guns more items and more maps.And who could
    forget the character customization.It just had a bad start.
  50. Feb 27, 2013
    I have to admit, this game has had a bad start and with that went it's reputation, but now at least you can see new interest in the developers and as of right now, my interest for the game is rising and with all the haters out there, how do you expect for the game to be better if the community doesn't allow it, how do you expect for the game to rise when people are pushing it back down, II have to admit, this game has had a bad start and with that went it's reputation, but now at least you can see new interest in the developers and as of right now, my interest for the game is rising and with all the haters out there, how do you expect for the game to be better if the community doesn't allow it, how do you expect for the game to rise when people are pushing it back down, I have to say that it isn't that the game is bad, it is the game's community (not all of it) for the game that is bad and I think that with the right push, and the right acknowledgement from the whole gaming community we may see this game become an outstanding MMO RPG but, with a good contribution and effort from the developers and the gaming community.
    PS: The developers have yet to open their eyes and see that their game is still in Beta.
  51. Apr 1, 2013
    The War Z is a PvP large-scale map post-apocalypse game. The first thing I have to point out that this game has an abnormal amount of bad reviews, which angers me; because this could persuade the creators to stop focusing on the game all together.
    The game is very stressful, if you die you must wait one hour before being able to "revive" your characters, unless of course you have purchased in-game money, in which you can instantly revive your character. The hour wait is actually not a bad idea, as it keeps players from throwing themselves out into the open, this means you are better off doing guerilla warfare against players rather than just running around the roads and towns.
    In this game you can find a huge variety of guns, melee weapons, and other useful tools. The discouraging part here is that the game does support the "Pay to Win" system, where players who buy in-game money can purchase all the ammo they need to slaughter, along with body armor. My defense for this however is that you buy this at your own risk, if you die you lose everything you bought. (Unless it is kept in storage.)
    Upon playing for 20 hours, you can establish a clan in which you may invite players, but you can also form groups with other players which will mark where those players are on the map. Groups can be used innocently to locate allies, but be warned; this also reveals your location to other group members, a trap waiting to happen.
    My main issue I come across, is not ONE person on this game thinks like me, don't even try negotiation with the community, they will ALWAYS try and kill you no matter what. Save a player from a zombie? Dead. Give someone medicine? Dead. Find someone with only a flashlight in a city? They will attack you. There is NO cooperation unless you make contact with them through chat long before you actually meet them. So just a heads up from my experience, trust noone. I don't blame the game however for this annoying factor however; so I do not deduct ratings for this game because of the god awful community.
    One complaint is that the zombies will not die from melee weapons easily, unless you continue to make headblows, you could find yourself whacking a zombie for almost a whole minute before it finally dies. This is bothersome because: A. Another zombie may attack you during this. B. A player may appear and simply kill you while you are doing this. A major flaw in the game, but just aim for the head and you should be through them within 5-15 seconds.
    A typical complaint is that this game is full of hackers, this is a little exaggerated by the bad reviewers, yes it is common to find them, but really...I mean come on, just change servers if it is really such a problem it takes about 15 seconds afterall.
    Another big complaint is "glitches" I personally have not come across any of these glitches, but I am sure that I am to find one eventually. This game is still underdeveloped and is working to improve these issues (Unless of course the 2,000 bad reviews persuades them to stop. Thanks.) An issue I do see however is that occasionally I spawn right in the middle of a hotzone of zombies, which is kind of serious...
    The blood is insanely unrealistic, a flashlight sending gallons of blood into the air? Come on...
    Overall I am "pleased" with this game, but improvements could be made. I still recommend this to other friends of mine, as this game is still a great adventure for any zombie apocalypse fan. The biggest thing I hear in every single review, is that it is a blatant copy of Dayz. NO DUH XD. But still, the two games still have huge differences, one has bigger maps, has vehicles, better graphics. The other has melee weapons, helmets, an mmo feel to it, and skill perks. So for now I wouldn't completely shoot down this game, I bought it while AWARE of the fact that it was being encircled by bad reviews and had a metascore of 20 on steam. I do not regret it.
  52. Apr 2, 2013
    Alright everybody looking at this review please don't even pay any mind to the negative feedback coming from most of these people. I purchased this game a few days after launch. Most of these people are very upset over a misunderstanding that occurred in its steam description. They listed features that were going to be added in the future because the game was still in ALPHA. Yeah people IAlright everybody looking at this review please don't even pay any mind to the negative feedback coming from most of these people. I purchased this game a few days after launch. Most of these people are very upset over a misunderstanding that occurred in its steam description. They listed features that were going to be added in the future because the game was still in ALPHA. Yeah people I say that again ALPHA. A simple misrepresentation on steam led the entire world to crash down on this fantastic game. I guarantee if you like zombies and shooters and lots of other players, you will adore this game. Expand
  53. Apr 9, 2013
    It isn't better than Dayz and won't be, however this game is worth playing for $15. The game continues to prove every 2-3 weeks with updates, so it's not a dead game. Also, it would be better with a better anti-cheat software for hackers. I'm playing this game while I wait on the Dayz SA. Hopefully, I can keep playing this game as it has a ton of potential. The game is fun now, but beIt isn't better than Dayz and won't be, however this game is worth playing for $15. The game continues to prove every 2-3 weeks with updates, so it's not a dead game. Also, it would be better with a better anti-cheat software for hackers. I'm playing this game while I wait on the Dayz SA. Hopefully, I can keep playing this game as it has a ton of potential. The game is fun now, but be warned that you can't trust anyone (for the most part) like in Dayz (lol). I think people hate this game because it's a tough game and the hackers. I would give it a try if you like zombie games. 8.3/10 is the rating I'd give it. Expand
  54. Apr 19, 2013
    This game shouldn't be judged on the incompetence of its team and the mistakes they have made. the game should be judged on gameplay and as far as gameplay is concerned it passes.

the game has decent art work and is getting updates frequently. gameplay feels slow compared with other titles and is slightly buggy at times, however it plays well. when playing the game with friends, you

when playing the game with friends, you get a great feeling for the game and it makes you feel that protecting your friends is life and death. finding something as simple as a tin of ham, boosts your spirit and makes you want to find more interesting items, up until you get beaten to death by an angry gamer looking for revenge with a flash light.

the game has seen a lot of bad reviews from people that haven't even played the game and base there judgement on other peoples reviews. it has also has bad reviews about its rival Dayz. the game is similar to dayz in the way that they are both zombie survivals, but they are very different.

comparing dayz to warz and saying warz is copying dayz, is the same as saying that call of duty copied battlefield, they are the same genre and will have similarity's.

may rating base only from gameplay is 7.5 (rounded up to 8)

If a rating was possible for the makers of warz, it would be 2/10 for ruining the reputation of what could have been a successful game by stupid decision making.
  55. Apr 27, 2013
    A very controversial game but the truth is that if Day Z had never existed this game would be a classic. The tip I would say is imagine it as it's own game with no comparison to any other and you will h=enjoy it. The bugs aren't common now and updates keep adding more enjoyable content.
  56. Jun 16, 2013
    The War Z is a great game. I have been following it since about 8 months ago. Reading reviews, searching for what I could. I also purchased it on Steam when it first released and was shortly taken off. I think the Developers and Creators did a great job. I think the community is where the problem actually was. When I purchased The War Z I understood I was buying a game that wasn't finishedThe War Z is a great game. I have been following it since about 8 months ago. Reading reviews, searching for what I could. I also purchased it on Steam when it first released and was shortly taken off. I think the Developers and Creators did a great job. I think the community is where the problem actually was. When I purchased The War Z I understood I was buying a game that wasn't finished yet. I didn't care I wanted to play it and test it and be there for the ride but I know that a lot of people don't read the fine print and they join and get upset when they find out it isn't what they think it is. Thats not the developers fault. Thats the customers fault. Its 2013 and we all know that the customer is not always right and we have seen that some customers just want to make a seen to get attention or even a monetary gain. Its the sad truth but moving on. I have seen the updates launch, I have seen cooperation from the developers at Hammerpoint Interactive and I have seen improvement in the game play as well as the community. I have played with others as well as played by myself. I have died, I have lost money, I have gained valuable items and ultimately gained more than I have lost. I see constant updates on their facebook and website informing everyone of important updates. A few months ago I would have agreed that playing this game for long periods of time would have felt like homework because it needed so many improvements but now I can say that playing it for a few hours on end feels quite normal. It has its lag filled moments once in a while but honestly what game hasn't had those moments at least once or twice in their history. Its smooth, its fun, its a huge area to explore, and its got that surprise and suspense element with trusting other players. The War Z requires a rare type of skill for gaming: Judgement... Without good Judgement you will find yourself getting killed constantly by other players. If you can learn to read people and probe for answers and learn to reasonably bluff you will find that you will get what you want way more often. Unfortunately that goes for both sides. Expand
  57. Mar 22, 2014
    I think that it's better than DayZ (mod and standalone) in nearly every way. Much better value at least. There are still alot of things left to do so I won't give higher than 8 for now. Please ignore alot of the negative reviews because this was mainly when the game was first released and it wasn't well tested along with problems that the devs caused to try and get on top of theI think that it's better than DayZ (mod and standalone) in nearly every way. Much better value at least. There are still alot of things left to do so I won't give higher than 8 for now. Please ignore alot of the negative reviews because this was mainly when the game was first released and it wasn't well tested along with problems that the devs caused to try and get on top of the competition. Also alot of people don't like games with in game purchases which is another reason for the bad reviews. Expand
  58. Dec 29, 2013
    Is currently the best and most complete game of survival! There is nothing when it was warz! Complete system of crafting, reputation and experience, but is still in development.
  59. Oct 28, 2014
    This is one of the best games I have ever played, it can be boring you u play alone for a long time, or not.
    You should buy this game, Infestation is been better than dayz sa in my opinion, But DayZ sa is still in alpha
  60. Dec 18, 2012
    I've had War Z (Legend Package) since the very beginning and since then I've easily put over 100-hours into it. It's by no means a finished product, but despite that it's still a game that gives me and my friends a lot of satisfaction. At its best The War Z gives a real sense of tension and some adrenalin fuelled fire-fights, something that after 25 years of gaming (I'm 35) I struggle toI've had War Z (Legend Package) since the very beginning and since then I've easily put over 100-hours into it. It's by no means a finished product, but despite that it's still a game that gives me and my friends a lot of satisfaction. At its best The War Z gives a real sense of tension and some adrenalin fuelled fire-fights, something that after 25 years of gaming (I'm 35) I struggle to find. There is a tonne of negativity surrounding this game, which for the most part is unfair. I would urge everyone to ignore all that and look for honest and unbiased appraisals of the game before deciding to buy or not. That said there is still a lot to be done to get this game to where it should be, and I'm hoping the development team can ride the current storm and achieve their goals. I have to judge this game on the amount of time it's kept me playing, and all I can say is that it's the best £ I've spent on a game in a long time (and I spend _a lot_ of £ on games). For me, the key features that they need to be adding are all around the dynamics of the game: i.e. different types of zombies, e.g. specials with different behaviour and attack patterns, wild-life (for food), more reasons to team-up with other players, vehicles (on the next and larger map), proximity voice chat, radio chat, dynamic weather, more buildings and outposts to explore on the map etc. In addition there are balancing issues that need addressing, such as the 'low gfx' settings that give an unfair advantage to those running them.

For the record, I'm a big Day Z fan and I'm looking forward to the Standalone, it will be interesting to see which one I ultimately invest the most amount of time in. At the moment I'm thinking it will be War Z.
  61. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is just excellent. I played DayZ before, and then I heard about this game when I stopped playing DayZ. I was excited to see how it were, then I first thought this game was going to be a fail because it is a "MMO", and then my friend convinced me to play the game because it wouldn't suck. There am I, playing this game, enjoying it, but, Hammerpoint should listen more to theThis game is just excellent. I played DayZ before, and then I heard about this game when I stopped playing DayZ. I was excited to see how it were, then I first thought this game was going to be a fail because it is a "MMO", and then my friend convinced me to play the game because it wouldn't suck. There am I, playing this game, enjoying it, but, Hammerpoint should listen more to the community. They don't accept bad critics about the game, but they need to accept it in order to make the game better.

Why this game is considered a MMO: because of the Skill Tree. You can learn new skills (unimplemented yet). I don't know how it will work, but I think WarZ didn't need that.

When I first played this, I kept getting killed and then I was like "F*CK I DIED WHY DID YOU DO THIS MOTHERF*CKER?", but then I just realise that the game is still fun, even when you die. I kept laughing at how the guy killed me, which makes this a good game.

MY FINAL REVIEW: Good game, if you want to try it out, ask your friend that bought it for a Guest Key. That way, you'll not spend any money on the game if you don't like it.
  62. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is great. I've played it since November 27 and, while there are some miscommunications and glitches, this game is overall great. It is still in development, but has many great features. There are a mid-range of weapons to choose from, with more on the way in the future. The map, over 100sq km, is big enough for the moment. I hardly ever run into hostile players, and nothing ofThis game is great. I've played it since November 27 and, while there are some miscommunications and glitches, this game is overall great. It is still in development, but has many great features. There are a mid-range of weapons to choose from, with more on the way in the future. The map, over 100sq km, is big enough for the moment. I hardly ever run into hostile players, and nothing of any hackers that have been reported. I've managed to get guns several times, as well as rare armor and items. As an overal game, I give it an 8/10, due to the fact it has some features missing and the developers are sometimes distant on information. Expand
  63. Dec 18, 2012
    Game is great and a lot of fun a lot of people are complaining about stuff not being in the game but the devs are working hard on following there timeline they put on the forums. The game is still under development so just play and have fun.
  64. Dec 18, 2012
    i love this game, i am not going to use the "its still in alpha beta excuse". but this game still has a chance of surviving and i will keep playing it. the only bad part is the hackers but hopefully they really do have a anti-cheat engine lolol Overall its only 20-30 bucks and you get to be a part of a game that might be a hit...who knows
  65. Dec 18, 2012
    While this game definitely has stumbled in the PR department, I have enjoyed my time playing since it launched in October. Overall, the game plays smoothly and fills a action/arcade/survival niche of the Zombie Game department. It doesn't take itself as serious as DayZ does but is not a "Rail" shooter like the Left 4 Dead series is. The Development team is also very good at respondingWhile this game definitely has stumbled in the PR department, I have enjoyed my time playing since it launched in October. Overall, the game plays smoothly and fills a action/arcade/survival niche of the Zombie Game department. It doesn't take itself as serious as DayZ does but is not a "Rail" shooter like the Left 4 Dead series is. The Development team is also very good at responding to and respecting players wishes. Every time I log in, I get a new chance to comment on how I feel the game should be improved thanks to voluntary surveys. Its not a finished game by any means but its getting a lot of things right if you can get past all the hate mongering. Expand
  66. Jan 2, 2013
    I pre-ordered this game and I've been loving it ever since the October 15th alpha release! It's received a lot of negative reviews because people didn't do their research and thus failed to understand that it was a game in development, even though it was CLEARLY marked as Alpha on the purchase page, we were notified before purchase in the FAQ and that we would get early access compared toI pre-ordered this game and I've been loving it ever since the October 15th alpha release! It's received a lot of negative reviews because people didn't do their research and thus failed to understand that it was a game in development, even though it was CLEARLY marked as Alpha on the purchase page, we were notified before purchase in the FAQ and that we would get early access compared to those who didn't pre-order.

More confusion and anger came when people misinterpreted what the devs said about a 'release wipe'. Items were wiped when going from alpha to beta, and all the kiddies and trolls complained that they'd spent soooo long on looting items. That's not even what the game is about...

9/10, plenty of patches and new features coming in 2013! Get on it, guys and gals!
  67. Dec 18, 2012
    The WarZ is still developing and i think it got great potential, i like the sandboxy aspect of the game atm. The biggest problem being the hackers and the really hard start for new players. Lots of things need to be fixed but im pretty sure the evolution will come quickly.
  68. Dec 18, 2012
    Have been playing this game since day One. Over time this game has been being constantly updating and improving. The game is fun while playing in a group. I paid 30$ for this game and can say having played it for 50+hours i have gotten my moneys worth. There are still problems with the game and not all features are in the game yet. I do however feel the devs are very unprofessional atHave been playing this game since day One. Over time this game has been being constantly updating and improving. The game is fun while playing in a group. I paid 30$ for this game and can say having played it for 50+hours i have gotten my moneys worth. There are still problems with the game and not all features are in the game yet. I do however feel the devs are very unprofessional at times and are trying to turn this game into something bad. Just recently they added a cost to revive your guy sooner so you dont have to wait 4hours. Now you do have 5 total characters and could delete them if they did die but you would be losing their stats, and for new players they will def. die 5 times within 4 hours of playing. The gameplay is fun and smooth minus some bugs here and there but i do enjoy playing this every day and the game keeps improving minus the revival cost. Expand
  69. Dec 18, 2012
    Love this game, just waiting for private servers, once i get my own server then my life will be nothing but War Z. I'm kinda getting bored with the pvp aspect of it atm, not that i die alot, just that i would like my own server to actually be able to kill zombies with a gun w/o worrying about a bandit hearing me.
  70. Dec 18, 2012
    War Z is a really good game in the last stages of development, there are some issues that the dev team is working on fixing and a lot of people do not understand or care about the issues they are having which explains the large number of e-hate. Also School holidays is on now so a lot of kids have nothing better to do then hate on things they don't understand. If the game is given a chanceWar Z is a really good game in the last stages of development, there are some issues that the dev team is working on fixing and a lot of people do not understand or care about the issues they are having which explains the large number of e-hate. Also School holidays is on now so a lot of kids have nothing better to do then hate on things they don't understand. If the game is given a chance it will become a great iconic mmo that will last for many years as there is still a lot of content still unreleased in the form of maps, class skills and methods of transport. I vote 8/10 Expand
  71. Dec 18, 2012
    People who are put unlike all delayed because some can not see the front and Warz why?
    because they think Dayz and better, but this is not so for all causes and from warz game
    already sucks when you guys buy the game was not for you guys have the official Warz paid for the full release for so if you guys think about it Warz will be **** believe it or not, the Warz and very good and should not **** compared comment leaving the launch.
    Thanks for reading.
    Stop be kids!!
    I recommend to play!!!!!
    Thanks for reading.
    Stop be kids!!
    I recommend to play!!!!!
  72. Dec 18, 2012
    I purchased this game back in October for it Alpha release. I was taking a risk that I definitely do not regret. The game decently solid as of now. While there may be a few bugs, the game is overall fun to play and is definitely worth the buy. Regarding the whole "missing features" bit, the features listed are either planned, or are in-game already. This is nothing to be worriedI purchased this game back in October for it Alpha release. I was taking a risk that I definitely do not regret. The game decently solid as of now. While there may be a few bugs, the game is overall fun to play and is definitely worth the buy. Regarding the whole "missing features" bit, the features listed are either planned, or are in-game already. This is nothing to be worried about, and these features will come in time. the only negative part of the game, other than minimal bugs, is the community. Many people just shoot on sight and do not consider teaming up. If you want to play a good, open-world zombie game: this is the game for you. Expand
  73. Dec 19, 2012
    Please read all the rage reviews in here and tell me how many of them actually talk about the actual game in general and not small features or faulty details. NONE. That's right. They aren't reviews, but just haters that probably haven't played the game for more than an hour. The game has had a growing community since before the Steam release for a reason. I have played this game after itPlease read all the rage reviews in here and tell me how many of them actually talk about the actual game in general and not small features or faulty details. NONE. That's right. They aren't reviews, but just haters that probably haven't played the game for more than an hour. The game has had a growing community since before the Steam release for a reason. I have played this game after it was released as an alpha to the general public, and I can firmly say that have never had so much fun in such a long time. First, this game is not for everyone. It is an MMO FPS SURVIVAL PVP Zombie game which focus on PvP. The game is meant to be rough. No party system or anti friendly fire for example, gives realism to the game. A death penalty of 4 hours per character and lost of all carried items (lootable by other players), creates a survival of the fittest like environment full of tension and gratification at the same time. The War Z look and sound very good, with many details that gives incredible realism to the environment. Is the only game that I've played in a long time that can urge both emotions of great joy or sorrow by the same system. Hear a gun shot, and ether you hide/run for your life or you get filled with valor rushing to find the conflict. This game is hardcore, very hardcore, you could lose hours of farming in an instant just because, for example, you got killed by some stalker that waited till you got distracted with a zombie, but you could also cut hours by executing similar strategies. This is not COD or similar games. You have to think where to go, how to get there unnoticed and most importantly look carefully at your surroundings. You have to keep moving in order to find food and drink to stop hunger or thirst which can eventually kill you, thus preventing camping for long periods. You can run by yourself or hunt loot or players by joining a clan. I have personally experienced many moments of tension, happiness and fear that I will never forget. Felt Incredible joy after killing very farmed players or finding extremely rare items, followed by total fear and/or sorrow by encounters with other players. The global inventory, a place where you can store items for latter use without fear of losing them, has become a memory storage of those moments.

In terms of content and delivery, developers are constantly listening to the community, improving on many aspects of the game and giving life to community ideas. The game has changed so much since the Alpha, which can only be explained by its fast development. The War Z, as a game has technically improved over its source game idea (DayZ) and over its source game engine (War inc) in many ways. So don't get fooled by people who say that the game is just a rip off or some modification of another game/engine. However, it is also technically far from perfect. Glitches, malfunctions and in some cases, lack of details or basic functionality are present in the game. These has been slowly disappearing but some are still present and can affect the gaming experience for some players. In conclusion, this is a very challenging, entertaining and fun game that blast players with great tension and emotions. It is not technically exceptional, but has demonstrated growing improvements over time, with one of the best community-pleasing developers group that I have ever seen. If you don't believe what I say, just look for online stream shows at Twitch.tv or any other site and look at the player's face for the reason why this game is so good.
  74. Dec 18, 2012
    The game is actually really fun, the PVP is awesome..... haven't had this much fun in a shooter in a while to be honest. I got about 11 of my friends/family playing every night and we have a good time.

hacker bans have caused an uproar int he community so i wouldn't be surprised if they've all teamed up to write bad reviews and give the game a bad name. The game is unfinished... but

The game is unfinished... but they've been making good progress.. its still a diamond in the rough but its well worth the 14 bucks.
  75. Dec 19, 2012
    I am a frequent player of The War Z and to be honest I do enjoy the game a lot. I do die a lot as well but that is besides the point.

I may not agree on how situations are handled however I still take my hat off to Sergey and the rest of the team. The game has a lot going for it and in time it will get better. I for one can defiantly not pull such a game like this off and I am sure that there are not may other that can.

My main point to this would be that WE the COMMUNITY is making or braking this game, WE have had plenty of opportunities to give our input on the game and what WE would like to have and so far have they not made some of the changes that WE asked for? (Less players on servers, more Zombies, more loot) How long do you think this can go on before it all falls apart..

What I say here might be insignificant to a lot of people but I would like to ask just to ease up a bit..
    This game was created with the basic idea of Zombie survival and the COMMUNITY is shaping the game to the way they want it.
  76. Dec 19, 2012
    Great game so far, getting better every week. Don't listen to all the rage, I've played since day one Alpha, never seen a hacker, rarely seen glitches. I warmly recommend this game to everyone!
  77. Dec 19, 2012
    this game has been a blast since day 1, Very fun group co-op play, had many exciting and amusing gun fights between groups of survivors and while scavenging on my own. DEF worth a try for the cheap price
  78. Dec 19, 2012
    i have fun playing is that not what matters?

its not a scam ignor the trolls they just gota hate for hates sake

..................................................................................................................................................................................
  79. Dec 19, 2012
    despite all the negative critics and the many rumors of scams and cheating and lying, the game is freaking amazing. i haven't been able to play anything else for months because i've been spending all my time on this game. it's VERY bare bones as it's simply a map with zombies, loot and player spawn areas. the alignment system is currently useless as there's little reason NOT to be a banditdespite all the negative critics and the many rumors of scams and cheating and lying, the game is freaking amazing. i haven't been able to play anything else for months because i've been spending all my time on this game. it's VERY bare bones as it's simply a map with zombies, loot and player spawn areas. the alignment system is currently useless as there's little reason NOT to be a bandit and kill on sight.

production has been slow, but a good pace for a group of somewhere between 25 and 60 dev's. marketing and PR has been shotty but seeing as there are few members, i would prefer them to work on the game and not flake off and dick around on the forums all day.

the animations and base mechanics improve with every other update.

don't ever let a negative critic or even numbers tell you if a game is good or not. only you will know after you give it a try since it's all about perspective. so here's the question for you reader. . .

do you like zombies? do you like HUGE persistent worlds? do you like pvp? do you like pve? do you want to have the choice of either or?(private servers will be out soon and there's PLENTY of people willing to have Role Playing, PVE and PVP dedicated servers and allow you in) do you like a challenge? do you like making challenges for other players? do you like to roleplay (not just play a character in an MMO)? do you like to explore?

this may be the game for you but keep in mind you must be very patient not just with the development but also with playing the game in general. don't just run out there and expect a large call of duty world. your life is precious in this game as you have a lockout if you die (don't worry, there are 5 character slots and you can always save one for a hardcore character. he loses his skills but you get to play as much as you like)

you are able to spend real money on game things that are convenient, but don't give you any real advantage. for instance, at the moment (could possibly change) you can spend 50GC (1$=125ishGC) to revive a dead character sooner (convenient, not really an advantage), or get some meds or ammo (again, convenient, but by no means an advantage).

for the best experience in game, it could be best to play with a group. if you can not find a trusting group online or in real life friends, you may try to join one of the many many clan's. these can lead up to some really amazing and fun times. one of my favorite experiences was when about 24 of us were running through a server to waste weapons before they wiped the inventories.

give it a shot. i won't blame someone for not liking this game but i freaking love it and am looking forward to even MORE content to come.
  80. Dec 19, 2012
    Game is doing just fine slow in progress but its getting there , people on steam should of youtube the gameplay first before buying i know i did ..... to sum it all up game is great and has alot of potential
    its worth every dollar ........... KEEP UP THE GREAT JOB
  81. Dec 19, 2012
    Been playing since release in Oct 16th and have been having lots of fun! still more stuff to be added, but the devs listen to the community and the updates are regular and add great new stuff :) 10/10 because it has so much replayability and has a bright future. Don't listen to all the negative reviews, they're just getting caught up in all the drama surrounding WarZ
  82. Dec 19, 2012
    Haters gonna hate of sure, this game is absolutely fascinating and scary.playi'n since alpha,so why u continue giving 0 vote?Also about 400 of people giving negative review never played this game.Page steam is now ACCURATE and for 10
  83. Dec 19, 2012
    These negative reviews are ridiculous guys. The War Z is a really good game, and I've had some of the most intense firefights in my 26 years of gaming in this game. Is it true that Hammerpoint has been less than awesome at communicating with their community? Yep. Is it true that their Steam page was copied and pasted from their website with features that weren't in the game yet? Yep. HasThese negative reviews are ridiculous guys. The War Z is a really good game, and I've had some of the most intense firefights in my 26 years of gaming in this game. Is it true that Hammerpoint has been less than awesome at communicating with their community? Yep. Is it true that their Steam page was copied and pasted from their website with features that weren't in the game yet? Yep. Has the development been painfully slow? Yep. However, the game's zombies are really fun and there are lots of them. The PvP is amazing. Pick this game up and give it a try yourself, and ignore these RhinoCrunch trolls and the bandwagon of DayZ fanboys. This game will get your heart racing sometimes :) Expand
  84. Dec 21, 2012
    After the recent changes, I have now changed my rating to a 10. Let's hope they keep making community changes. The reverting of the 4 hour lockout period has changed my gameplay to more positive, in contrary to the previous. Now onto private servers!
  85. Dec 28, 2012
    Im playing the WarZ for 2 or 3 Months now. And i just must admit, the game isnt that bad as it is shown at the media. Its a lot of fun to play with friends. Sureley the game is not everyones taste, cause it just doenst fit the MMO Mainstream. Many hundrethousands of people play the game and still have fun. Im sure if they implement the Features announced the game will even geht better.
  86. Dec 19, 2012
    Very fun gameplay with zombie hords and good gfx. There are a lot of Player, all Server are filled up and you can make Clans and Play with your friends. 1-3 more months, and this game will be rocking the world!
  87. Dec 19, 2012
    This is good game, but people don't understand that is in development.
    I really enjoy the game.
    People have to just stop crying and wait for the dev team to work in the game. Just go a read the important threads in the forum and not just the crying threads . Also, you bought a game that don't cost too much comparing to other games so don't cry. By the way before buying a game,
    This is good game, but people don't understand that is in development.
    I really enjoy the game.
    People have to just stop crying and wait for the dev team to work in the game.
    By the way before buying a game, investigate it, see how the progress of development goes, in which state is the game.
    Come on guys you are only spoiled little brats crying because is not looking as the promotional images.
    You don't know how hard is the development of a game.
    Come dev team I trust you.
  88. Dec 19, 2012
    If you bought this game expecting it to be like DayZ.. I feel sorry you spent your money. DayZ's base game is an army simulator. There are certain features that will never be included in WarZ.

In my opinion WarZ is a great game concept. User interface is easy to use, game looks OK even though it still needs to be worked visually and performance wise and gameplay is not as stiff as DayZ.

I think the game should have stayed in Alpha/Beta stage a bit longer in order to get more polished and to have more of the features (such as the skill tree and friends list) working.

CONCLUSION: If you LOVE DayZ... If you enjoy the simulation features of it and how it plays... I don't recommend this game to you... But if you think DayZ is hard to master, you don't like simulation factor or some other thing is bothering you I say give this game a try.

People claim it's PAY 2 WIN... I say it's not.. I've bought the Survivor pack (cheapest pack) and haven't spent anymore than that and I have lot's of fun.
  89. Dec 19, 2012
    I think, that this game it's very cool. Of course, developers must change and fix a lot of things, but.. that's not the final version, so... ppl please stop crying and hating. In my opinion, these guys, want to do a really good game. I'm waiting for the new content.
  90. Dec 19, 2012
    This is a awesome game!
    Deserves a better note, he is still in development, the developers have been working hard and always releasing updates and improvements. Stopping scams, this game have a great idea and a great future! Congratulations to the staff and the developers of the game, do not be discouraged and keep up the great work!
  91. Dec 19, 2012
    The War Z is a great game for many different types of players. It does need development. Many people think that this game is a copy of the mod for Arma 2, "Day Z" if they could look more closely then they will see that this game was not a copy of it and it has some features that Day Z won't have.
  92. Dec 19, 2012
    All the negatives are being exaggerated greatly. This game has much more potential than DayZ and is already a more fun game. It's not easy game for noobies, but if you do minimal research you should be fine. I do agree however, that Hammerpoint should have waited a few weeks to release the game to Steam. As of the next 2 weeks they will be implementing huge amount of content to the game.All the negatives are being exaggerated greatly. This game has much more potential than DayZ and is already a more fun game. It's not easy game for noobies, but if you do minimal research you should be fine. I do agree however, that Hammerpoint should have waited a few weeks to release the game to Steam. As of the next 2 weeks they will be implementing huge amount of content to the game. They tried to release it early to cash in on Christmas purchases, but clearly the strategy has backfired. Expand
  93. Dec 19, 2012
    I have been playing this game since October 15th. It is, to put is simply, a great game. Yes, it is still a work in progress, with new things continually being added, but that is what you want in an MMO, right? It is a hard game for beginners, because it is a survival game and it is now just as much a pve game as a pvp one. If you can understand that you are going to die a lot whileI have been playing this game since October 15th. It is, to put is simply, a great game. Yes, it is still a work in progress, with new things continually being added, but that is what you want in an MMO, right? It is a hard game for beginners, because it is a survival game and it is now just as much a pve game as a pvp one. If you can understand that you are going to die a lot while learning the ropes, you will enjoy it. Most people are upset that all the features are not there yet, but the ones that are working are great. I have watched this game develop over time and it is still one I am playing daily. Expand
  94. Dec 19, 2012
    there seems to be a giant up-heap with people not liking the game.

there seems to be a giant up-heap with people not liking the game.

first, do not compare this game to dayz they are not the same game nor was dayz the first of its kind for those of who remember playing dynamic zombie sandbox by craig which was out before the first mention of dayz in which i always liked dzs more then dayz. secondly, i have been trying to figure out why and how so many people are crying about this game when i join a server and the majority of people of each server i have played on like the game, maybe because there all off enjoying it and not crying on websites. third, how hard is it to research or gather information before you buy some thing? i have never relied on a steam description to determine a purchase for me, youtube and the thousands upon thousands of highly appreciated people who do game reviews and game play videos are available after typing a single sentence, one of the largest problems i have seen is kids buying the game then crying for a refund because they do not like the respawn time which currently sits at 4 hours upon death, well choose hardcore and have it instant delete on death and you wont have a respawn timer, however when skills are introduced you will want to keep what you earn.

forth, game play/graphics. the game play even while still being worked on is enjoyable in my opinion, i do not see how people were saying you wont ever see that many zombies in game ( steam screen shot reference ) when i have seen at least 5 hordes in just a few hours of play yesterday ( by horde i mean about 30-50+ zombies traveling in a group ) its not to hard to start adapting and finding supplies to survive and it is more recommended that you do so with friends, groups make a night and day difference especially in a game where players can simply choose to kill any one they see and be a bandit in order to survive, imo bandit groups do not last long because its not long before they start turning on each other for gear and supplies, my only current gripe with the game is the bad fall detection and not being a choice for PvE only servers as me and my friends currently playing would like to not worry about bandits and have a survival of us vs zombies game play style. the graphics i currently have set to ultra are smooth and more then pleasing enough for my taste and style, god rays coming through trees, shadows shifting through the full day and night cycle the only other thing i could ask for would be a weather system to complement the graphics and environment which would add greatly to the game.

imo for 15$ this game was quite worth it, i knew exactly what i was buying before i bought it, and i look forward to the game developing and growing over time.
  95. Dec 19, 2012
    This is a good game with a company that is really bad at communicating to it's customers. There are a lot of really cool upcoming features. As of right now, aside from DayZ (which is a different play style), there are no other games like this. Take it or leave it.
  96. Dec 19, 2012
    If you're a fan of zombie games just buy the game and don't listen to all those kid haters. It is the first really well made online Zsurvival game. I like it more than DayZ. Also it has not as much similarity as you may think to DayZ. The War Z is a little more arcade focused but still hard as hell.

There is just one rule: Don't trust anyone... this applies for hateposts about the game and players in the game because you will get shot a lot. ^^
  97. Dec 19, 2012
    From a player who bought the game from the beginning, it has been a roller coaster of wins/fails. Honestly the game isn't bad, but the Devs always change something that was fine were it standed, to something unusual or frustrating. But they do listen to the community and they are striving to create the game we want! Adding in .22 weapons, changing servers back to reasonable populations,From a player who bought the game from the beginning, it has been a roller coaster of wins/fails. Honestly the game isn't bad, but the Devs always change something that was fine were it standed, to something unusual or frustrating. But they do listen to the community and they are striving to create the game we want! Adding in .22 weapons, changing servers back to reasonable populations, testing measures to oppose hacking. They are trying! Now, about the game-play. The zombies arn't so terrifying as they should be one-to-one, but when you agro about 20 in town sh*t gets crazy real fast. The encounters with other players are very satisfying. You never know when someone is going to shoot you in the back, or drop you a hammer and be on their way. Shooting is very nice and gunfights are quite amazing and heart pounding. Loot spawns are pretty common now, food use to be real scarce and now drops everywhere! Guns can be found just about anywhere and anyone can arm up in the right spots with a new character if they're lucky.

So the game overall is fun, but now here comes the bad side. Hackers. They are still out there even after the Devs banned over 3000 accounts, they are killable, but very difficult. Server Hopping. One player can go to an area over several servers and loot everything. This hasn't been appropriately dealt with yet as the devs are working on more features and hackers.

So it's got it flaws, but soon enough this game will be a gem. Definitely look into if you if you want a great survival shooter.

Last note. Most of these really low ratings are completely over-exaggerated. Some people arn't cut out for it brutal world and others flame the game based on it's relevance to DayZ. Some people weren't fans of just a mod henceforth why I bought the game over Arma 2, which is much more realistic if that's your thing, but I prefer what Hammerpoint has to offer. Perhaps DayZ's Standalone will be something to look into when it's released.
  98. Dec 19, 2012
    I purchased the game right before the Steam release. I like it. It is tough, fun, and rewarding. There are flaws, but what game doesn't have them. I look at this as I pre-ordered a game with beta access. There is all kinds of hate about it being called a foundation release. Call it what you want, they called it an alpha/beta and then a foundation release with out any changes. I hateI purchased the game right before the Steam release. I like it. It is tough, fun, and rewarding. There are flaws, but what game doesn't have them. I look at this as I pre-ordered a game with beta access. There is all kinds of hate about it being called a foundation release. Call it what you want, they called it an alpha/beta and then a foundation release with out any changes. I hate the 4 hour respawn timer. I like the idea of being able to pay to revive but not with the 4 hour timer. I would be happy with a return to the 1 hr timer with an option to pay to revive early. There has been quite a bit of community mismanagement and PR issues but that doesn't take away from the game itself. If I were in charge I would say the game is in beta but you can pre-order (at full price) for early entry. Gear is relatively easy to get so early entry isn't a killer. The game needs polish and fill out of features but the overall game play is great. Expand
  99. Dec 19, 2012
    the problem with this game is.. people didnt research before they bought this game. i however love it. so..it sucks if you dont like it. just means more zombies for me :)
    NEXT TIME: do your research before buying a game.
  100. Dec 19, 2012
    Played it for several weeks now, and having played Day Z, this game is fun and more polished. Sure it's got a long way to go and they've made mistakes, but at $15 it's hard to go wrong.

1. PC PowerPlay
    Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.