1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 4037 Ratings

1. Dec 19, 2012
    This game had every chance to be successful despite it being a blatant cash grab at the success of DayZmod. They took every opportunity and squandered. This games destructive path was lead by their shady leader Sergei Titov.

The game was place on Steam and was blatantly false advertised. When it came time for the usual damage control Sergei Titov actually blamed everyone for not being able to read in essence. So instead of issue an apology he insulted everyone who had just purchased the game to which it was promptly removed from Steam.

This game ia horribly horribly managed and that alone supercedes anything it has going for it in its gameplay which isn't much. If you want a game like this just play the original DayZ game. It is free and Rocket (The lead developer) is an honest guy who knows how to properly deal with people.
  2. Mar 20, 2013
    Aside from the fact that warz is basically a clone of War Inc, one of the bigger FPS failures due to crappy coding, glitching, and dated graphics, The gameplay probably deserves a 2 or 3. However I rated them as a zero because of the lie upon lie they stated. They stated this was in the making well before dayz came out (When it's obviously a rip off of dayz), and they continued to makeAside from the fact that warz is basically a clone of War Inc, one of the bigger FPS failures due to crappy coding, glitching, and dated graphics, The gameplay probably deserves a 2 or 3. However I rated them as a zero because of the lie upon lie they stated. They stated this was in the making well before dayz came out (When it's obviously a rip off of dayz), and they continued to make many other lies in order to attempt to get a cash cow (Which they managed to do, I guess). Heck, they literally took the TOS from everquest 2 and just did a copy paste with no editing, and put it up a while back. You could literally see "Everquest 2". This is one of the companies that should be put to trial and sued for lies and slander. Expand
  3. Dec 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very good game to play with friends and make clans... very good pvp and good pve
    i have more than 200-300 hours in this game... better than dayz mod....
  4. Feb 17, 2013
    The development direction is so shockingly bad that regardless of how well they're able to execute their vision the game will always be terrible. No destructible/repairable vehicles
    3rd person crosshair name plates
    Hackers everywhere from day 1 below par graphics, animations, physics worst of all, terrible communications with the community during early stages and horrible management
    3rd person crosshair name plates
    Hackers everywhere from day 1
    below par graphics, animations, physics
    worst of all, terrible communications with the community during early stages and horrible management of upset customers. Not only do i regret buying this game but i'll never buy anything made by this development team again.
  5. Dec 21, 2012
    After pretty much knowing how much of a scam War Z was going to be before it was released I decided to buy it to just give it a fair go. This was a huge waste of money for me, I feel like I should have been paid to play this game. A complete scam to make money and they succeeded. It doesn't matter how much anybody complains now, they're rich now, they don't care what anybody thinks.
  6. Dec 19, 2012
    The game was hyped up by most of the community, now it is receiving hatred. The developers need to shape up, listen to the community and fix the game. Instead of spreading lies and then "apologizing", thinking that we will forgive them. People do your research before buying, at the least wait after several months. It is filled with hackers, exploiters. The community was kept in the dark.The game was hyped up by most of the community, now it is receiving hatred. The developers need to shape up, listen to the community and fix the game. Instead of spreading lies and then "apologizing", thinking that we will forgive them. People do your research before buying, at the least wait after several months. It is filled with hackers, exploiters. The community was kept in the dark. Hopefully the devs will shape up, fix the game. Expand
  7. Jul 13, 2013
    Simply "The War Z" with a different name because it was too close to comfort for "World War Z", same old crap, same old treatment, same terrible old game, don't support it, don't let anyone else support it and let VALVe know that you don't want this kind of garbage on STEAM.

What's even more amazing is the fact that they made no attempts to let people know that Infestation: Survivor Stories was simply The War Z. Terrible, terrible, bad.
  8. Feb 9, 2013
    This game sucks It is utter rubbish, and quite frankly, valve should be ashamed of letting it on steam. It is an unfinished completely utterly unremarkable farce. If you spend money on this, you're very silly. Please don't reward this business practice I strongly suggest you send a bit of feedback to valve and ask them why games like this are available on their service It's a completeThis game sucks It is utter rubbish, and quite frankly, valve should be ashamed of letting it on steam. It is an unfinished completely utterly unremarkable farce. If you spend money on this, you're very silly. Please don't reward this business practice I strongly suggest you send a bit of feedback to valve and ask them why games like this are available on their service It's a complete disgrace. Absolute disgrace... Expand
  9. Apr 10, 2013
    This game is an utter mess. Who would want to play this and if you would like to play this, why?! First off, it has horrible controls, bad graphics, badly optimized, dumb broken AI and what more? Well, it was on Steam and it came back to Steam which is probably the worst thing ever to come to my mind. It's over priced for such a bad game. It is also a rip off of DayZ, the awesome mod forThis game is an utter mess. Who would want to play this and if you would like to play this, why?! First off, it has horrible controls, bad graphics, badly optimized, dumb broken AI and what more? Well, it was on Steam and it came back to Steam which is probably the worst thing ever to come to my mind. It's over priced for such a bad game. It is also a rip off of DayZ, the awesome mod for Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead. Worst game of 2012. One more thing to mention: IT WAS MADE BY THE CREATORS OF BIG RIGS OVER THE ROAD RACING, which is a bad thing because the game is the worst game I have ever played in my entire life, along with Extreme Paintbrawl. Expand
  10. Jan 11, 2013
    This game company committed intentional fraud. They should be prosecuted to protect the consumer so that other companies don't do the same, with false advertising and draconian methods of punishing anyone who complained or even requested a refund.
  11. X0R
    Dec 26, 2012
    I bought WarZ prior to Steam, but it's development cycle has been really slow and actually feels more like a tweak-cycle to the existing client. This game has so much potential but currently is still pretty bad. With the choices the dev is making, it will never be great ...let alone mediocre. There's a lot of criticism and technical detailed info out on the web, so I won't repeat.I bought WarZ prior to Steam, but it's development cycle has been really slow and actually feels more like a tweak-cycle to the existing client. This game has so much potential but currently is still pretty bad. With the choices the dev is making, it will never be great ...let alone mediocre. There's a lot of criticism and technical detailed info out on the web, so I won't repeat. However, the community is one of the worst you'll find in the MMO world. If you love CoD-type hardcore PvP, you'll be right at home. If you're looking for a survival game where the real focus is on killing zombies, you won't find satisfaction in WarZ. You start out with nothing that will give you a chance to survive a close zombie encounter, which forces you into buildings that are typically stalked by PvP players who kill you for a granola bar. Many WarZ players that love the game overlook the approach the dev is taking to nickel-and-dime consumers, as well as his pathetic forum moderation which bans users for criticizing the game. While DayZ has negative aspects as well, it has a great developer that cares about releasing an excellent product - something the WarZ peeps are not focused on. Expand
  12. Mar 27, 2013
    People are way way way to rough on this game. They constantly update and tons of features were added. Plus nobody who reviewed it actually bought it, its just a parade of IGNnorant 10 year old fanboys with no life. They say it sucks, but if you watch the review they just repeat what IGN said. Give it time. Its very fun. I dont see a problem with the Gold Credits score, its not like you canPeople are way way way to rough on this game. They constantly update and tons of features were added. Plus nobody who reviewed it actually bought it, its just a parade of IGNnorant 10 year old fanboys with no life. They say it sucks, but if you watch the review they just repeat what IGN said. Give it time. Its very fun. I dont see a problem with the Gold Credits score, its not like you can buy guns or anything like that, just food, medicine and knives and hats. Expand
  13. Dec 18, 2012
    I loved the game before the 12/14/2012 patch.
    pvp is really the only fun thing about this game. zombies are way too easy to kill and they're just annoying to deal with.
    pvp and looting other players corpses is a lot of fun to me. you get an adrenaline rush after player kills because others can watch you in third person mode and wait for you to run by then kill you. It gives you a lot of
    I loved the game before the 12/14/2012 patch.
    pvp and looting other players corpses is a lot of fun to me.
    you get an adrenaline rush after player kills because others can watch you in third person mode and wait for you to run by then kill you. It gives you a lot of paranoia in populated areas of the map :)

coming from a veteran fps player, this game is a very refreshing fps experience that no fps title in the past 10 years has given me.
  14. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is not worth your time, horrible textures, no fov slider, countless bugs, clunky controls.
    Plus, the devs lied on the steam store, there is one map, supposedly 75 km2, but that's a lie, it is closed to 10 km2.
    In game shop for real money, upon death you loose all your purchased gear and you get a 4 hour waiting time or you could revive your character for money. I do not get

I do not get how this game made it onto steam, I bet they'll close the servers in the coming months. Running away with money they made.

Refunded.
  15. Dec 21, 2012
    People are ridiculous and just being dayz fans. This game is a work in progress and many of the arguments they use are no longer valid, like server population and the amount of zombies. I'm not sure why there is a lot of hate towards this game and it's devs but it has been misplaced. I think a lot of the anger stems from it being a difficulty game especially if you play alone, people getPeople are ridiculous and just being dayz fans. This game is a work in progress and many of the arguments they use are no longer valid, like server population and the amount of zombies. I'm not sure why there is a lot of hate towards this game and it's devs but it has been misplaced. I think a lot of the anger stems from it being a difficulty game especially if you play alone, people get frustrated when they make no progress I get. Well make a friend, I play with the same guy every time and we do swimmingly. The devs are actively updating the game and asking the community for input i really don't get what all the rage is about. Expand
  16. Dec 19, 2012
    There is no game. In fact, developpers are only thieves and swindlers who played with the desires of the players. The list of them misdeeds is oppressive, everything carries to believe that it is not only a question that of incompetence but well and truly an organization dedicated to earn money explitant the credulity of gamers.
  17. Dec 19, 2012
    This game raped my mother and killed my father. Do not buy this game unless you want to see your money go to an incompetent, lying dev. Worst Game of the decade.
  18. Apr 2, 2013
    Don't buy this game! It's a cash cow, a scam. The producers abused the hype arround the really good game "dayz" to rip the consumers off.
    - extremely bad and boring game world, invisible borders, huge distances with no variety and no things to find, unrealistic and bad item spawns, no swimming not even short distances (through a small stream)
    - boring gameplay, only deathmatch and no
    - boring gameplay, only deathmatch and no interaction between the players (except clans), many cheaters, dumb zumbies, the players move way too slow so the distances seem even longer than they are already
    - so many features that have been announced which will never be in the game only to get the people's money, all the screenshots on the developper's site look interesting but they're all fake.
    - boring graphics
    - ingame shop: people who spend the most money have advantages (for a f2p game it may be ok but we already payed for the game).
    - the whole game seems to be unfinished
    Again: Save the money, don't buy this game!
  19. Dec 21, 2012
    Garbage game. Game engine is terrible, glitches everywhere, and have to pay for in game content, even though the game isn't f2p... Noticed it was a bad rip off of DayZ, which while buggy, is still much better.
  20. Jul 22, 2013
    I honestly wish I read reviews before purchasing this game, I started off creating an account and 20 minutes later after actually managing to connect to servers I begin so you can understand my frustration when the game froze after 6 minutes forcing me to power off my PC (Ctrl+Alt+Del and a hard restart wouldn't work), I then started it again and noticed my character was killed when II honestly wish I read reviews before purchasing this game, I started off creating an account and 20 minutes later after actually managing to connect to servers I begin so you can understand my frustration when the game froze after 6 minutes forcing me to power off my PC (Ctrl+Alt+Del and a hard restart wouldn't work), I then started it again and noticed my character was killed when I powered off my PC so I either had to wait an hour or pay for my character to be re-spawned so instead I created another player and once again 10 minutes in it froze so I gave up and checked on their forums, apparently they have problems with hacks and also one dedicated player got banned and accused of being a hacker and got told where to go when he contacted the developers.

Appalling game that the game developers couldn't care less about, my tip is wait for Day Z to come out as this is a poor mans rip off!!
  21. Dec 17, 2012
    The first 15 minutes are pretty fun if you get on a low population server and there are no other players around. Once you start to get a few items and weapons it quickly starts to get repetitive and the ambiance of sounds and mood music that was cool at first quickly become annoyances. You soon learn that the game sounds are just random noise and others in your proximity cannot hear theThe first 15 minutes are pretty fun if you get on a low population server and there are no other players around. Once you start to get a few items and weapons it quickly starts to get repetitive and the ambiance of sounds and mood music that was cool at first quickly become annoyances. You soon learn that the game sounds are just random noise and others in your proximity cannot hear the same things. You also quickly learn that the only real thing to do with this game is avoid players or hunt them. Then you realize that avoiding players isn't even a part of the game since it is possible for a player to "ghost" behind you by logging off, getting on a server to move to a location behind you, then log back to your server and kill you before you know what happened. There just nothing tactical about the shooter aspect of this game and there are just not enough survival features or meaningfulness to the zombies in this game to justify calling this a zombie survival game. Also they claim it is an MMO but there is nothing massive about this multiplayer online game. Maps are small, servers are low pop (50 max with current map), characters are not bound to servers, servers claim to be persistent but there is nothing on a server that matters to a player since they can do their banking outside of the server and they can switch from server to server without penalty.

Worst thing about this game is that they falsely advertise features of the game and show staged screenshots of the game that are not actually in the actual game. I give the game a 1 for the first 15 minutes of wonder but it quickly falls down as a game worth owning. If they are able to put several more months of development into the game and actually implement some of the features they advertise then maybe it will worth reconsidering but first impressions are important and right now I have no trust that Hammerpoint is anything more than a poorly run dev shop.
  22. Dec 19, 2012
    The War Z is nothing but a cash grab. A four hour character respawn time with the option to remove it with a microtransaction says it all. Ammo, which should be extremely rare in a zombie scavenging game, is available for purchase in huge amounts, as are weapon sights, food, etc. The developers make promise after promise and then try to turn things around on the community, saying, forThe War Z is nothing but a cash grab. A four hour character respawn time with the option to remove it with a microtransaction says it all. Ammo, which should be extremely rare in a zombie scavenging game, is available for purchase in huge amounts, as are weapon sights, food, etc. The developers make promise after promise and then try to turn things around on the community, saying, for example, that we misread the Steam store page that listed false features. (Forbes even posted an article about the false advertising and Steam has since pulled the game from their store). Avoid at all costs. Expand
  23. Dec 20, 2012
    I would make a long review and list and explain all the faults of the game, devs, publiser, Sergey 'Big Rigs' Titov, etc, but frankly it's a waste of time. Let's put it this way, 90% of the people that bought it in this state regret their purchase. Don't do the same thing to yourself. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
  24. Mar 9, 2013
    I really don't understand people that write reviews since they didn't even try the game. The only mistake the publisher made was the "Steam question". You can't even think to put something unfinished on Steam. So the self-called "experts" could vomit what they would on this mediocre game. I think War Z is highly improvable but it's not the "Big Rigs" they want us to believe. It's a goodI really don't understand people that write reviews since they didn't even try the game. The only mistake the publisher made was the "Steam question". You can't even think to put something unfinished on Steam. So the self-called "experts" could vomit what they would on this mediocre game. I think War Z is highly improvable but it's not the "Big Rigs" they want us to believe. It's a good idea that have some difficult to separe his idea of gameplay from Day Z's one. Premises and (mostly) promises are really encouraging. The game itself is really fun (if played in co-op) and the "surviving atmosphere" is well-given. Expand
  25. Jul 18, 2013
    Do not waste your money on this game. This game use to be warz and they renamed it because
    nobody was buying the game based on the fact is is garbage.
  26. Dec 18, 2012
    Ok for starters all the people pissing and moaning about War Z being a rip off of dayz, please get over it, people can make games that are similar, so what. At the start of its release I actually supported this game. But from the decisions ive seen them make, they have made major errors in regards to false advertising which in my case is in the top five in my hate list. To top that offOk for starters all the people pissing and moaning about War Z being a rip off of dayz, please get over it, people can make games that are similar, so what. At the start of its release I actually supported this game. But from the decisions ive seen them make, they have made major errors in regards to false advertising which in my case is in the top five in my hate list. To top that off ive found that the GC they charge in game is way to expensive, and to top that off they increased the respawn time to 4hrs and wacked at "quick revival" fee onto that aspect of the game. Which costs 50GC. Originally they said all items on the market will be available in game. Personally I havent seen half the good items on the marketplace spawn. All these aspects they introduce, screams "Cash cow" to me, and makes me think developing this game is not a priority for them. If they spent half that time in developing the game, maybe they would get rid of some of the poor sound effect like walking over rocks that sound like a metal platform. To top that off ive seen some info on the net that suggests admins are abusing their powers and spawning items for themselves (including items that cost GC) and their team mates. Hopefully that ones not true, but everything else up top is spot on. The game has potential but i believe the wrong devs are behind the wheel. Overall though its still entertaining and cheap to purchase. Just dont buy any GC. Ive given this game a 3. If they werent so dishonest and rushed it to release, when its actually still in beta, I would have marked it up to about 6 maybe 7. Expand
  27. Dec 18, 2012
    This game should definatley be in the free-to-play section of steam as it has micro-transactions in it and is in an alpha stage (although said to be the full game in the description with plenty of features that aren't even present in the current build). Item bought in the marketplace with real cash are not permanent and will be lost immediately upon death - which happens often consideringThis game should definatley be in the free-to-play section of steam as it has micro-transactions in it and is in an alpha stage (although said to be the full game in the description with plenty of features that aren't even present in the current build). Item bought in the marketplace with real cash are not permanent and will be lost immediately upon death - which happens often considering this is a zombie survival game. With all of that in mind, I advise you to hold onto your cash and either wait for the complete game or the standalone Day Z. Expand
  28. Dec 19, 2012
    Probably the worst game I have ever played. This game is completely unfinished, yet released on steam as a finished game, asking for a whole $15 for it. Textures suck, Animations suck, and there are bugs everywhere. Hacking in the game is rampant, which is a huge problem considering you loose all your items, and it takes 4 whole hours to play again once you get killed (by another hackingProbably the worst game I have ever played. This game is completely unfinished, yet released on steam as a finished game, asking for a whole $15 for it. Textures suck, Animations suck, and there are bugs everywhere. Hacking in the game is rampant, which is a huge problem considering you loose all your items, and it takes 4 whole hours to play again once you get killed (by another hacking playing in 9 out of 10 cases). It is a cash scam, plain and simple. I am sure this game will not be supported, and there will be no servers 6 months from now. Save your self the time and the money and do not buy this game. Play something else, pretty much anything else. Expand
  29. Dec 18, 2012
    this game is a lie, it is a pay to play game that wouldn't even serve the people who payed with the kinds of features this game would need to pull some enjoyment out of it. Do not buy this game. The world is huge, yes, but it is mostly empty uninteresting space that you will have to tediously traverse. there is one map, there are supposed to be missions created by the players but i haven'tthis game is a lie, it is a pay to play game that wouldn't even serve the people who payed with the kinds of features this game would need to pull some enjoyment out of it. Do not buy this game. The world is huge, yes, but it is mostly empty uninteresting space that you will have to tediously traverse. there is one map, there are supposed to be missions created by the players but i haven't seen anyone use this because the majority of your time and energy spent in this game will be spent avoiding other players because the game is balanced so that it is advantageous to spawn kill noobs as they leave the base and there are no protections for new players as they first venture out of the safe zone. this game is poorly balanced, poorly designed, does not include most of the features it says it will include, and would be pay to win if you could win, ever. Oh and did i mention that even off of hardcore mode you lose all of your items when you die and have to wait an hour to respawn. if that doesn't dissuade you then you and this game deserve each other. i promise you wouldn't enjoy it anyways. Expand
  30. Oct 4, 2013
    I bought into this game in early alpha and it has come a long way. I really enjoy the game but they do over promise. Over all it was worth the buy 100% Get a group of friends and the PvP is unlike any other game. Just so much fun seeing a group of people and you rush to them guns blazing only to attract 100 zombies and now both groups are shooting at eachother and fighting off zombies atI bought into this game in early alpha and it has come a long way. I really enjoy the game but they do over promise. Over all it was worth the buy 100% Get a group of friends and the PvP is unlike any other game. Just so much fun seeing a group of people and you rush to them guns blazing only to attract 100 zombies and now both groups are shooting at eachother and fighting off zombies at the same time! Priceless Expand
  31. Jun 15, 2013
    OH. MY. GOD. This is the most pitiful excuse for a game I've ever seen. Even more so than Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing! (At least you could make fun of that game!). Please, DO NOT get it. It's a Pay to Win type of game, except it's not F2P. The Dev team is a bunch of scammers! Even if this is free, don't waste your harddrive space!
  32. Sep 12, 2014
    I have played since day 1 alpha and experienced the ups downs of the game it is not for the soft core player, only the hardcore competitive get up again spit in your face don't give a $^&* PLAYER.

Funnest Competitive tactical shooter I have ever played, most satisfying loot system (Killing Other Players). As a survivor game its all about surviving other players not the world. Some

As a survivor game its all about surviving other players not the world.

Some bugs make people hate it, game breaking ones are always fixed.

Hackers ruin the game make it unplayable without them i would need no other game.

Pros Awesome loot system, Tactical team driven survival against players. spawn near death, a lot of armors,Weapons, bullet drop, vehicles, global inventory, die in a few shots.

Cons Hackers, minor bugs,content takes a long long long time to come out, Hackers, developer doesn't care about customers, Hackers. Private server so people can farm without risk store without risk. Hackers, Personal lockers to store some items in can be set down anywhere so you can hide loot if someone comes for you.
  33. Feb 27, 2013
    This is simply unplayable. I have deep respect for valve and steam, and when they removed it- I was really happy they were keeping some kind of standard. But not it is BACK!! And still crap! When I first saw screenshots and so on, I was really thrilled for a game better than day z, but god was i wrong.. NEVER BUY THIS GAME! Or anything from the producers, this isnt the first game they madeThis is simply unplayable. I have deep respect for valve and steam, and when they removed it- I was really happy they were keeping some kind of standard. But not it is BACK!! And still crap! When I first saw screenshots and so on, I was really thrilled for a game better than day z, but god was i wrong.. NEVER BUY THIS GAME! Or anything from the producers, this isnt the first game they made that are CRAP! Expand
  34. Apr 1, 2013
    I really can't add to anything hasn't already been stated hundreds of times before. Broke game, can't swim, extolling money for pay to win items, hackers galore, banning people regardless of what they were doing, and generally horrible business practices... Stay away from this game and company at all costs.
  35. Dec 21, 2012
    Its honestly isn't that bad. Its pretty fun when you're online with a group of friends. I really wasn't expecting much at this stage of the game because I clearly understood the terms "Alpha" and "Beta" which the other 90% don't. The greater majority of people who have rated it negatively haven't even played the game, so overall I do recommend the game, but to those who are sceptical dueIts honestly isn't that bad. Its pretty fun when you're online with a group of friends. I really wasn't expecting much at this stage of the game because I clearly understood the terms "Alpha" and "Beta" which the other 90% don't. The greater majority of people who have rated it negatively haven't even played the game, so overall I do recommend the game, but to those who are sceptical due to the hoards of retards who are posting negatively then wait till full release and purchase it off Steam, so getting money back won't be such an issue. Expand
  36. Dec 19, 2012
    Best game ever made! And its made by the same guy that made big rigs(one of the worst games of all time)!! That means WarZ should be GREAT!! **** THIS PIECE OF **** TURD **** WARZ ****ING SCAM **** BOTH GAMES RELEASED IN ALPHA SERGEY TITOV BEST GAME DEVELOPER EVER
  37. Apr 17, 2014
    As a professional player with 9999 hours in this game, I would say this is the king of all games existing in the galaxy. The developers are indeed one of the most talented teams, if not the best, that ever existed in this universe.

How come this astonishing achievement being swallowed by a sea of negative scores? Why don't you guys just face the truth, and accept that this game is the master of all games? It is your fate to spread the glory message of how great this game is to the mankind.

All hail to the glory of old day WarZ, the absolute power over all games in the world.
  38. Dec 20, 2012
    if you have a cheap computer i recomend running this game on that computer and setting that computer on fire it will buff your charisma for one hour with the gods favour.
  39. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is dreadfully bad! Probably one of the worst games I've played this year. Clearly not finished by any stretch of imagination. Not to mention the Dev's bad business practice and their immature anti-consumer behaviour. This game will get zero points from me!
  40. Dec 19, 2012
    Biggest ripoff of the year, I want every euro I spent on this game back. WarZ is the worst game I ever played. And that doesn't sum it all, if they had done their best to do their game, I'd forget it. No, they just planned to **** us all with false advertising, false promises, false screenshots, false videos, false EVERYTHING.

Don't. Buy. It. Or anything that guy/company will ever

Don't. Buy. It. Or anything that guy/company will ever release. 0, this game doesn't deserve more.
  41. Dec 18, 2012
    A much better game then its reputation. Dont belive all the scam lies about this game.

Have had some of my more intense ingame moments in this game. Its a thrill.
  42. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is absolutely horrible. Horrible textures, horrible animations, horrible map, horrible physics and on top of it all pay to win. It is also filled with hackers and glitchers.
  43. Feb 26, 2013
    This game is absolutely terrible. It is being marketed and is on sale as if it were a full game when it's really still in alpha development phase. The developers are already cashing in on those who are unlucky enough to fall for the false promises made on this game. It's also extremely pay-to-win. After forking over real cash for fake credit, you and another player can have a walletThis game is absolutely terrible. It is being marketed and is on sale as if it were a full game when it's really still in alpha development phase. The developers are already cashing in on those who are unlucky enough to fall for the false promises made on this game. It's also extremely pay-to-win. After forking over real cash for fake credit, you and another player can have a wallet battle, where each person pays to respawn faster in order to regain the loot they lost. Eventually, someone gives up and loses their stuff to the other guy or runs out of money, and the developers have gotten the players to spend potentially huge amounts of money for absolutely nothing. It also robs the players of any reward they may have received by doing well unless they're willing to pay up to the developers in order to get their character to respawn faster than the other guy. Expand
  44. Jul 5, 2013
    That game HAD potential, but developers only wanted your cash, game is only part of their plan. Don't buy this game! If your friend is enjoying this game, say him he's crazy. It's just tons of bugs. What a terrible thing. I never saw worse game...
  45. Dec 19, 2012
    Best thing is that you can get a refund thats higher than the price you paid for the product, in short, you earn money by demanding your money back. Horrible game
  46. Dec 19, 2012
    Buyer Beware, this game fails to deliver! The developers lie about features and the graphics and animations are awful. Don't support these people. I wasted $20 on this game, so don't make the same mistake I did. AVOID AT ALL COST!
  47. Dec 19, 2012
    "A Zombie MMO! isn't that great?" DON'T BE FOOLED, the game is far from a MMO, I dont know what the Devs were thinking but they even ripped off the League of Legends EULA, seriously, EVEN their PROMO SCREEN has ripped off images from The Walking Dead, what we have here is just an attempt of getting your HARD earned money with blatantly lies and misinformation, I repeat: RESEARCH about the"A Zombie MMO! isn't that great?" DON'T BE FOOLED, the game is far from a MMO, I dont know what the Devs were thinking but they even ripped off the League of Legends EULA, seriously, EVEN their PROMO SCREEN has ripped off images from The Walking Dead, what we have here is just an attempt of getting your HARD earned money with blatantly lies and misinformation, I repeat: RESEARCH about the game first, it was removed from Steam because of the lies they've written, the game is full of hackers and lacking the content that was promised in the game info. Expand
  48. Dec 20, 2012
    The War Z is far from finished/polished. I've had my fair share of fun but only to be ruined the next minute because of either hackers or dying from a 1 feet fall. It's buggy and not worth a single penny in my opinion. Worst release I've seen in years.
  49. Jan 21, 2013
    Keep crying carebears. Not the games fault you can't handle the post apocalyptic world. Advice: Join a clan. Mine is ripping it up. I'm loving this game. Updates are slow but I'm patient.
  50. Apr 23, 2013
    This game is awesome! I love zombie survival games, and this is one of my favorite ones! I have played DayZ, but I might think this one is a little better! It is always fun to find food, water, weapons, etc.
  51. Dec 19, 2012
    Its just AWFUL AWFUL game. You should not buy this. Devs are horrible, and its unbalanced. This game is not complete, its still an early alpha, **** of bugs.
  52. Dec 21, 2012
    These developers should straighten up and do their work properly. This is a GREAT concept being drained down the toilet. I really hope some real people will start thinking about a game like this, maybe they will manage not to screw things up.
  53. Jul 19, 2013
    I bought this game for $3.49. I should have just bought a cheap cigar and put it out in my eye. This game is bad as they say. There is little even for a big zombie enthusiast to enjoy here. the levels are really big with nothing between camp sites but glitchy forests, not even wayward zombies. The game is geared towards making you spend real money on gear.

DO NOT BUY THIS AT ALL!
  54. Jan 27, 2013
    ToS plagiarism + DayZ ripoff + poor graphics/textures + poor sound quality + poor animation + poor gameplay + bad UI + overpriced IAP + one hour respawn time = SCAM.
  55. Mar 13, 2013
    I review it from a point with ~15 hours of gameplay, to be honest, it isnt all that bad as everyone says. I have ~200 Hours of gameplay on dayz and all i can say is that, you should also give WarZ a fair Chance...... I give this Game a fair 8, also keep in mind that it is FAR from complete....
  56. Jan 28, 2014
    I have been waiting to give a review since I naively paid for this so called game when it came out. DO NOT BUY THIS DO NOT EVEN PLAY IT you will save yourself a lot of time and trouble.

The developers are **** and are simply money grabbing pricks who force purchasing of in game items to play. It is a shining example of greed and the shame of the gaming community.
  57. Jan 28, 2016
    Abandoned and turrible. Not worth the hard drive space even. Rather hit yourself in the head with a spiked wooden plank. That might be more fun and interesting
  58. Jun 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It injures a stranger, it steals the item which the person gathered and the pinprick is favorite.
    It is the game of the recommendation in playerkiller.
    This place has the terrible world which can not be recommended to a lot of player.
  59. Dec 22, 2012
    This game is full of bugs and hacker. Hopefully the producer falls in bankruptcy. And the producer of this game puts the blame on the players. Most do not realize that they are not players, but they made ​​a game that ****
  60. Dec 20, 2012
    This game is a bait and switch, where the customer is the mark. Hammerpoint sells their games as if it was a feature-complete game, while it is, for all practical purposes, in alpha-stage. That is quite apart from the blatant lies in the marketing (still present on the WarZ homepage, nevermind the Steam store page) and the ludicrous claim that it is an "MMO".
  61. Jan 1, 2013
    This game was AT THE VERY LEAST 2-5 months of development away until it would be ready for general consumption. And then for any fan complaining about the poor conditions of the game to be silenced or banned for doing so. This game is without question illegal to sell to any consumer for its incredibly false advertisement of features that never were released into the actual game. STAY AWAYThis game was AT THE VERY LEAST 2-5 months of development away until it would be ready for general consumption. And then for any fan complaining about the poor conditions of the game to be silenced or banned for doing so. This game is without question illegal to sell to any consumer for its incredibly false advertisement of features that never were released into the actual game. STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME Expand
  62. Oct 27, 2013
    This game is pure the company is pure and the customer support is pure pile of Don't give you money to this big joke of a so called "game company" it is worthless it should not exist! This is the bigges misstake of the year. They also perment ban people who bought the game for no reason. A company full of retards this is.
  63. Mar 16, 2013
    The game is a piece of dump. I gave the developers plenty of time to fix their mistakes since release. Still nothing seems improved. Don't waste your money here. You will get more entertainment watching your money burn or by flushing it down the toilet, which is what I should have done instead of buying this dump!
  64. Jan 20, 2013
    This game has just joined the ranks of Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. DO NOT BUY. Bugs galore, there is nothing in this game that should stand out. You would be much safer sticking with DayZ.
  65. Dec 21, 2012
    There's not much I can say that hasn't already been written, so I'll just confirm that the majority of what you have read is true. I'll also take this time to direct you to a mod for the game ARMA 2 called DayZ. If you want to play a game like The WarZ, but by a developer who actually cares about customers and the game, look it up.
  66. Dec 18, 2012
    After having played hundreds of hours in DayZ , i figured i could use a change of pace , tough i had previous knowledge/doubts about this game , it was reasonable enough for me to buy into the ALPHA of this game , and to play/test the proof of concept.
    I knew what i was getting in to and even tough it seemed shady and like a cash grab , I've somewhat enjoyed the game playing with friends (tough it's mostly the playing with friends i enjoyed , the game was fairly terrible and buggy).
    Now coming to recent times , I've found out they ACTUALLY HAD THE AUDACITY TO RELEASE THIS PIECE OF **** AS A FINISHED PRODUCT?!
    How dare they...
    It's a blatant lie that this game has been in development for years , it's simply a mod on their ****ty game "War INC" for which you have to pay a retail price , AND you can buy in-game items with a micro-transaction system that considerably increase your probability of survival (IN A SURVIVAL GAME).
    The steam page with blatant lies , random banning , irresponsible moderators , lead developer that has the English vocabulary of a 6 year old and the issues with their refund company (Xsolla) all give this bonus points towards rating this game a ZERO.
    I would have given it a minus infinity , as you can hardly call this a game in it's current state , and it should be taken off of steam IMMEDIATELY.
    Hammerpoint INC should be ashamed of themselves.
  67. Dec 21, 2012
    This "garbage" is probably the biggest scam in gaming history. They just ripped of dayz ideas and tried to scam as many people as possible... The Positive reviews about this thing are probably from their own PR department which actualy does more work than the programic section of their company...
    Ask steam for refundation while you can!
  68. Dec 19, 2012
    This is a genuinely bad game: buggy beyond belief, mediocre graphics, shoddy micro transactions and sluggish controls are just this tip of the iceberg.
    Save your cash.
  69. Feb 15, 2013
    Never played this game, nore will i ever play it, but i wanted to be the 1000th negative review. So... yeah. I feel less special than i previously anticipated...
  70. Dec 21, 2012
    First thing to know: This game is a work-in-progress. You can get this game for about $15. You can spend more, but that will be for in-game-currency. These items you would buy will not be yours forever. These items can be taken from you upon death the second you take them out into the world of The War Z. Any item you have is able to be taken from you when killed (by players, theFirst thing to know: This game is a work-in-progress. You can get this game for about $15. You can spend more, but that will be for in-game-currency. These items you would buy will not be yours forever. These items can be taken from you upon death the second you take them out into the world of The War Z. Any item you have is able to be taken from you when killed (by players, the environment or the zombies), unless you store them in your item-bank. Many are angry from not understanding that this is the type of game you are going to play. There is no holding hands, there is no "noob friendly" gameplay. People in this game are ruthless, and people that help others are very very few and far between. You'll be Killed on Sight almost everytime, so you have to play smart and watch populated areas until you can safely move.
    If this is the kind of survival simulator you are looking for, then this game will be awesome for you. The goal is simple: How long can you survive, and are you good enough to go out into towns, cities and the wilderness to find supplies, ammo, weapons, food and possible companions to help you... And now, can you make it back to a safezone alive and safe with all that loot so that you can store it for later adventures?
    Many will try, only a few will succeed. Are you going to be one of them? The world is full of bandits, raiders, deuche-bags, and those that find absolute joy in killing you and taking your spoils of war.

If you want a flowery wandering and wonderful experience of fairies and lollipops, don't even get close to this game. It is brutal and unforgiving, but if you love a challenge, strategy, patience to watch and wait for that perfect moment to take action, then this game will give you the satisfaction you want from a hardcore game.

Day/Night cycles. Night is brutally unforgiving, the whole screen is basically black with the audio of the zombies and the footsteps of other scavengers trying to hunt you, or find the supplies you need and are looking for. Only the stupid use their flashlights to see... that just lets us know where you now are...

In-game bank, to store your spoils and lootz of war (if you can make it back alive, when you go back out you can re-equip from your bank as needed)

The Cons: The game is still being worked on. There are a lot of rough edges, the developers are still adding game elements and changing rules and game mechanics every few weeks, so you must be able to flow with that, becuase the game is still in its basic stages. But for $15 this game is awesome. There are no friends list yet, you can only do "Clans" right now to keep/find buddies in the game. The Pros: Some servers run with 100 players at once, and I've experienced NO LAG during those times, I run a slower computer and the game is smooth on my screen. Where you aim, is where you hit, I haven't had any LAG aiming problems. This game is rough, but for what you get (not all selilng points of the game are there yet), you get an awesome game-in-progress.

Best $15 I ever spent for a Zombie Survival Game Online! Graphics are "fine" for a $15 game. Audio is "fine" for $15 game. Don't expect AAA musical score, or graphics that would melt a $5k computer. But the overall-core gameplay is solid (survive, scavenge, PVP, and SURVIVE)

Don't listen to the haters. They wanted COD-meets-COUNTER STRIKE. They got The War Z instead, so they rage-whined and QQQ'd on metacritic here...
  71. Dec 28, 2012
    This game was a total ripoff at Launch. When you put in Cash shop and REAL WORLD money transactions BEFORE you put in basic game features and smash BUGS that are game breaking. I CALL YOU A RIPOFF. Plus the Lead Producer is a LAIR. Never trust him or this company.
  72. Dec 21, 2012
    Three words: A horrible game. However, I would still give a horrible game a 2 or a 3 for the effort of the devs, but I don't feel like the developers of The War Z even deserve these points. If you ban and insult your very own players because they don't like your game and complain about it on forums, you're doing it wrong. Feedback is the base of every game that excists. Developers thatThree words: A horrible game. However, I would still give a horrible game a 2 or a 3 for the effort of the devs, but I don't feel like the developers of The War Z even deserve these points. If you ban and insult your very own players because they don't like your game and complain about it on forums, you're doing it wrong. Feedback is the base of every game that excists. Developers that didn't listen to its customers useally failed to deliver a decent game and that is exactly what is happening here. Also, I've read a few articles that claim that half of 'The War Z' its content is stolen (The Walking Dead). Anyway: If you really like zombie games, and you really want this game, don't do it: you will be dissapointed and 'Hammerpoint Interactive' don't deserve a single penny. Expand
  73. Dec 18, 2012
    Don't buy into all the nerd-rage, it's great value at $13.50 and a heap more fun than Day Z Mod, especially played with friends. Will be interesting to compare it to Day Z Standalone.
  74. Jan 9, 2013
    Awful scam! Stay away from this game and any game that Sergey Titov is involved with! They just tried to pick off some fast money on the Day Z hype (great mod/game) - DO NOT BUY!
  75. Dec 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. No point in reviewing this. The videos speak for themselves see youtube. Don't Buy It! Since I have to make it 150 characters. Don't be the girl that wanders into the house and explores because she was told there was a monster inside. Let me just say that there is no reason for this thing to be out in the wild other than for an executive to make some sort of bonus. Expand
  76. Dec 25, 2012
    Very good survivor MMO, not for the weak of heart or for people who don't like to work hard to get things and possibly lose it all in an instant.

Similar to DayZ with significant differences and in my opinion leaps and bounds better. Ultima Online hands down funnest game I played growing up and I wish more games these days were like that where you can lose everything you have worked to get in the blink of an eye. Too many games these days are designed to work with you to accomplish things instead of make you work for it. Just so new readers know, I am reading through the reviews and like 70% of what I am reading they have already fixed or implemented as they said they would. Such as bugs and majority of hackers banned and the 100player private servers....

This game is a breath of fresh air when compared to games like WoW, BF, CoD, Diablo, Crysis, and whatever other popular games that I play but just can't really enjoy to it's fullest because they are simply too easy and I feel like I am getting my hand held along the way.

I love the adrenaline that pumps through my system at the thought of hearing footsteps running around or especially seeing that guy walk around the corner with an assault rifle, or hearing that crack of a sniper...

There are bugs still granted it is expected for how new it is and they are still working on it. There are several designs about it that are similar to DayZ, but most games are like all other games to be frank. Guildwars, LoL, WoW, Dota, SW, etc.etc. all similar playstyles and all got ideas from other games. Overall great game great experience even though I do get pissed off when I get killed after I spent so much time on it and lose all my stuff before I can get to my global inventory.

Chances are most people hate this game because it is similar to a game they have already played, heard rumors it is a rip off to another game, or they just don't like to work at video gaming.
  77. Jan 6, 2013
    This game supposed to be interesting and fresh in its idea but it isn't. It's a bad made Day Z clone with bad game mechanics, below mediocre graphics, laughable sound design and non existent depth. The servers are rushed by player killers, hackers, cheaters and terrible bugs. The items in game are actually bought through a micro transaction shop for real money and get lost when you gotThis game supposed to be interesting and fresh in its idea but it isn't. It's a bad made Day Z clone with bad game mechanics, below mediocre graphics, laughable sound design and non existent depth. The servers are rushed by player killers, hackers, cheaters and terrible bugs. The items in game are actually bought through a micro transaction shop for real money and get lost when you got killed! Full loot PvP with micro transaction items? come on... that's what I would call a pure cash grab method. Additional to this circumstances that renders the game worthless already the developers and moderators are showing up a totalitarian behaviour refusing refunds, banning users just for asking for, banning users for telling the truth, even banning playing users after a while to force them to buy this **** again.

That's what I would call a fraudulent tactic and an immoral behaviour.
  78. Dec 20, 2012
    Honestly, this game is a prime example of the complete **** of the **** of this years games (and not in the "good" way). It is literally just War Inc. with zombies added in, a cheap shot at trying to ride on Day Zs popularity to make some quick cash. Steam description flat out lied (stated maps have over 100km even though there's only 1 with barely 10km) and then after being changed it wasHonestly, this game is a prime example of the complete **** of the **** of this years games (and not in the "good" way). It is literally just War Inc. with zombies added in, a cheap shot at trying to ride on Day Zs popularity to make some quick cash. Steam description flat out lied (stated maps have over 100km even though there's only 1 with barely 10km) and then after being changed it was covered up and buyers were blamed for "misreading" it. The forum IP bans anyone asking for refunds or people who haven't even bought the game; and I'm not even going to go into the rumors about Arktos randomly banning people to scare away hackers or to encourage them to re-buy the game. Oh, and even the cover art contains tracings of scenes from 'The Walking Dead'. Just sayin'.

As for the main aspects of the game itself, animation is horrific, enemy AI is stupid and buggy, the fall damage system is whole new joke of its own, 1 hour respawn times and volatile equipment makes for a boring game, just moving about or trying to find equipment is unfairly hard (and I'm one of the people who said Dark Souls DIDN'T have artificial difficulty), game encourages you to spend money on seemingly "useful" **** and to top it all off the entire environment basically looks like someone took a dump on plate and served it with a dressing of salad leaves and oatmeal. Final verdict: Just buy **** ARMA II and get Day Z instead.
  79. Dec 19, 2012
    Words cannot simply describe how bad this game is, but I'll do my best. First off, if you're a War Z fan boy, don't bother telling me about how the game is only in alpha/beta. The developers clearly 'forgot' to mention this fact on the Steam store page. Thousands of people have purchased it, expecting a finished game, yet they have received an absolute **** fest.

Let's get down to my

Let's get down to my initial experience. As a regular DayZ player I least have some knowledge of how to play this sort of game. During my first life, I went to a trailer park and found two unarmed players. I got to talking to them and we agreed to team. Within about 5 seconds of me turning my back they began to hit me with their flashlights (note: I stated to them that I had nothing of worth, as did they). I tried to run away but thanks to the game's ****ty stamina system, I died.

5 minutes into my second life, I ran into a building in a small town looking for loot and was immediately killed by someone wielding a knife. No hesitation, no time to react, dead.

5 minutes into my third life the same pretty much happened but it was at a different location on the map and they killed me with a gun this time. (note: I had nothing, I was barely even a threat, I didn't even go close to them before they shot/stabbed me down).

Barely 3 minutes into my fourth (and final) life I was shot by sniper, completely out of the blue for no reason. After that I decided that I'd had enough.

It's basically Call of Duty with overpowered zombies thrown in. They kill you in about 5 hits and when you're stamina runs out (which it does fairly quickly) they run faster than you.

It's bad enough that they had to copy DayZ but they've done such a bad job of it.

If you're thinking about buying this game I strongly recommend that you don't. Wait for the DayZ standalone.

TL;DR: CoD with Zombies. Awful game.
  80. Dec 19, 2012
    First of all game is not bad for alpha and free to play game. But when you must pay game minimum 10 dollars and more in game with microtransactions there is a big problem. Fake advertising on steam and so on. I really was thinking this game will be very good one time but i dont think now.
  81. Dec 19, 2012
    This is quite literally the worst game I have ever played in my life, and I have played some poor games. It is missing the majority of features listed, it is not ready for release by a country mile but is clearly cashing in on the slowing down dayz/zombie train.

You begin with a flashlight, which is impossible to turn off. You cannot turn off your flashlight. For the love of god why not?

Honestly, please, just save your money. Burn your money. Whatever, just don't support utter garbage business practices like this. Please.
  82. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is just excellent. I played DayZ before, and then I heard about this game when I stopped playing DayZ. I was excited to see how it were, then I first thought this game was going to be a fail because it is a "MMO", and then my friend convinced me to play the game because it wouldn't suck. There am I, playing this game, enjoying it, but, Hammerpoint should listen more to theThis game is just excellent. I played DayZ before, and then I heard about this game when I stopped playing DayZ. I was excited to see how it were, then I first thought this game was going to be a fail because it is a "MMO", and then my friend convinced me to play the game because it wouldn't suck. There am I, playing this game, enjoying it, but, Hammerpoint should listen more to the community. They don't accept bad critics about the game, but they need to accept it in order to make the game better.

Why this game is considered a MMO: because of the Skill Tree. You can learn new skills (unimplemented yet). I don't know how it will work, but I think WarZ didn't need that.

When I first played this, I kept getting killed and then I was like "F*CK I DIED WHY DID YOU DO THIS MOTHERF*CKER?", but then I just realise that the game is still fun, even when you die. I kept laughing at how the guy killed me, which makes this a good game.

MY FINAL REVIEW: Good game, if you want to try it out, ask your friend that bought it for a Guest Key. That way, you'll not spend any money on the game if you don't like it.
  83. Dec 25, 2012
    The game is great if DayZ came out after The War Z people would be doing this to it. Don't say no because it's true you would be dissing it. COD is a rip off of MOH because MOH was first! That's about much sense you all make with this. Stop with the bandwagon. Half of the hate is idiotic nonsense, no truth in most of it AT ALL. I've been part of this game since DAY ONE and will continue toThe game is great if DayZ came out after The War Z people would be doing this to it. Don't say no because it's true you would be dissing it. COD is a rip off of MOH because MOH was first! That's about much sense you all make with this. Stop with the bandwagon. Half of the hate is idiotic nonsense, no truth in most of it AT ALL. I've been part of this game since DAY ONE and will continue to support it. Don't like it then get out! Your hatred is unneeded. Be like someone starting a petition to illegalize Mountain Dew because he hates it so everyone jumps in because others are doing it, stupid! Expand
  84. Jan 16, 2013
    Too many bugs, game needs major polishing. Also the game is loaded with hackers that face barely any penalties, so everyone's doing it. In turn making the game a very unpleasant experience.
  85. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is a fraud. Not a single claimed feature is true, the game is buggy and boring.
    Some Textures are worse than sprites from DooM, and the gameplay feels almost non-existant.
  86. Mar 13, 2013
    This game could have been great, it has a lot of potential. but I can't help to be bothered by the greed of these terrible developers, the game apprently isn't finished yet, but already charging high prices for additional items, and even respawns. Seriously 1 f*cking hour to respawn, or buy a respawn? That is incredibly stupid, as if isn't hard enough to survive, when conviniently youThis game could have been great, it has a lot of potential. but I can't help to be bothered by the greed of these terrible developers, the game apprently isn't finished yet, but already charging high prices for additional items, and even respawns. Seriously 1 f*cking hour to respawn, or buy a respawn? That is incredibly stupid, as if isn't hard enough to survive, when conviniently you can't find what you need in the game when you need it most and to reach safe zones way too long, and too little of them. This game is complete sh*t and regret spending 15 on it, just to see I'd have to spend more to actually enjoy such terrible set up of game mechanics. Maybe one day this losers will fix this cheap money drain, but for now that's all it is. Expand
  87. Dec 18, 2012
    I usually believe that people give zero ratings to games just to pull them down because they are massively over hyped (see Halo, Call of duty etc), however zero in the War Z actually means zero.

I will list a few reasons as to why this game deserves a 0 - The game play is clunky with poor animations, broken mechanics and invisible walls - The Item spawns seem to break soon after

I will list a few reasons as to why this game deserves a 0
    - The Item spawns seem to break soon after server restarts,
    - Servers need restarting regularly and can be unstable
    - Ammunition can be brought for real money as can food and other survival equipment,
    - Newbie ganking is the meta,
    - Extremely suspect development team with other great titles like big rig racing,
    - Development targets are never hit and many "features" that were promised months ago are never delivered
    - Heavily moderated forum that often has negative feedback deleted, - The games producer admits to abandoning their development of another game to start this game following the success of DayZ though the lead developer denies this.
  88. Dec 21, 2012
    This game is a massive cash-crop scam. Seriously, DO NOT PURCHASE THIS GAME. You will be disappointed. I am working on getting a refund. It was false advertising before it even began. GET YOUR MONEY BACK ASAP!
  89. Dec 17, 2012
    Purchased this game on Steam (which fails to acknowledge that it is still in beta on the War Z store page) and requested a RMA 4 hours later. I feel my time is better spent with the fantastic Arma II mod, Day Z. With War Z currently in beta at the moment, you will find broken game play and environments; from invisible walls to glitchy life ending hill drops to spotty AI. I feel yourPurchased this game on Steam (which fails to acknowledge that it is still in beta on the War Z store page) and requested a RMA 4 hours later. I feel my time is better spent with the fantastic Arma II mod, Day Z. With War Z currently in beta at the moment, you will find broken game play and environments; from invisible walls to glitchy life ending hill drops to spotty AI. I feel your money is best saved for its final release, if by then it is fixed. The game is acclaimed to be a MMO but I have never played an MMO that has a max server population of 50 players, by that logic Battlefield 1942 is a MMO. Now the genera can be daunting with its unforgivable finalizing, no respawn death, but very rewarding when meeting and joining up with a few fellow player with the same goal mind. With that said wait until the beta is done and watch the reviews to see if these problems get any better. For now stick with Day Z. Expand
  90. Mar 1, 2013
    I refuse to spend money on scammers. They have lied to their customers, the is no option for 100 players and game is so full of bugs, that it is laughable.
  91. Dec 19, 2012
    DON'T BUY IT!!!!! This game was made in not time to jump on the DayZ/Walking Dead bandwagon and released too early to cash in on the Christmas sales.

The game itself is unbalanced, the textures and animations are outdated. Loads of bugs! The game world feels empty, the maps are small but getting from A to B takes ages because of low running speed. The Ingame-Shop is more of pay to win model. (you can buy ammo) .
  92. Dec 19, 2012
    Well I don't really know what I can say to make people reconsider buying this game, by this point you should have heard all the controversy surrounding this game so you have either decided to stick with this game in the hopes that its going to get better or you have realized that it is a total pile of garbage that will be dead in a week, This game is awful, it runs like sh*t and it isWell I don't really know what I can say to make people reconsider buying this game, by this point you should have heard all the controversy surrounding this game so you have either decided to stick with this game in the hopes that its going to get better or you have realized that it is a total pile of garbage that will be dead in a week, This game is awful, it runs like sh*t and it is buggy as hell, not to mention there is a whole lot of false advertising in the hopes that it will trick people into buying this game. If you are still set on buying this garbage then i implore you to look up "big rigs over the road racing" which is a game made by the same developer of war z and got the well deserved title of "worst game of all time" Expand
  93. Jan 12, 2013
    This is one of those games that makes the rest of the world hate Russians. The developers are just mad because their country has forced conscription and they want to make enough money to bribe the government to keep their disgusting eurotrash **** asses out of harm's way or perhaps they want to make enough rubles to get literally any woman to get close to their greasy toad dick but littleThis is one of those games that makes the rest of the world hate Russians. The developers are just mad because their country has forced conscription and they want to make enough money to bribe the government to keep their disgusting eurotrash **** asses out of harm's way or perhaps they want to make enough rubles to get literally any woman to get close to their greasy toad dick but little do they know that even prostitutes have standards and to pull some retarded INDIE GAME DEVELOPER **** trick would be a grave insult to what little bit of pride they have left. Devs please kill yourself stop breathing stop using up precious resources just stop existing and maybe everyone won't tar every single person in Russia with the same brush. Expand
  94. Dec 18, 2012
    Very buggy game. Misleading information posted on the Steam page. Terrible gameplay, bad controls, and boring game world. Stay away from this game. Stay far away and never look back at it. I was gifted this game, my friend play a evil joke on me.
  95. Feb 23, 2013
    Some people try to prove that this game is good, because they got wallet raped and they don't want to admit the mistake they have done. If you want to buy the game clearly check TotalBiscuit game play and check reviews of the game before buying it. The textures are ugly and so on. Unfinished game and for those that saying that the game is in alpha/beta The Game Is Already Charging Money!Some people try to prove that this game is good, because they got wallet raped and they don't want to admit the mistake they have done. If you want to buy the game clearly check TotalBiscuit game play and check reviews of the game before buying it. The textures are ugly and so on. Unfinished game and for those that saying that the game is in alpha/beta The Game Is Already Charging Money! Hell even you pay items that you can lose in few seconds. And for those stating that the game was in development 1/2/3 years, they are right because they already were working on a previous game called war inc that is f2p and a copy paste just without zombies. Terrible game, even devs ban people for scaring hackers away. Better get skyrim or something else for your money than this "game". Expand
  96. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is essentially the story of the mad king. But first we need to understand the background of the company. The entire games history is half truths and down right lies. According to their forum rules you must not "Steal Copywrited Work" unfortunately this doesn't seem to apply to them. Not only did they STEAL League of Legends ToS - the best part is they left the link of league ofThis game is essentially the story of the mad king. But first we need to understand the background of the company. The entire games history is half truths and down right lies. According to their forum rules you must not "Steal Copywrited Work" unfortunately this doesn't seem to apply to them. Not only did they STEAL League of Legends ToS - the best part is they left the link of league of legends inside the terms of service for War Z. Then their great zombie logo is actually stolen screen grabs from the t.v show The Walking Dead photoshoped. Oh but lets get onto the game. The War Z is actually just a Mod of War Inc.. A Free 2 Play game owned by the parent company Hammer Point. Essentially what they tried to do is the reverse of DayZ. In DayZ's case, they used most of the models and gameplay concepts from ARMA 2 and released a mod with a few changes. In WarZ's case it was almost the opposite. You are actually paying for the Mod. They used alot of the assets and same engine from War Inc., changed a few things around, and made you pay for the mod Instead. Essentially if you played War Inch, add a bunch of zombies and shoot, an you got War Z. Now onto the business side of War Z. War Z has a great reputation for banning dissenters. You say anything bad anywhere, your account gets banned - no reason given. Essentially its like a mad king killing those who oppose him. Not only that, this king blames his subjects for "mis-reading" his words, instead of manning up saying he didn't correctly explain the product description. So if you want to support a company that steals other products, blames its customers, bans accounts without reason. Support War Z. Otherwise Down with the King. Expand
  97. May 12, 2013
    the war z is nothing but an impudently scam. lying about production and releasing a totally bugged and unfinished game which does NOT contain the promised features. they charge money to rent your own server and what? you can not even control your own server! if you want items or weapons on YOUR OWN server you have to PAY for them on your own server. that is so unbelievable impudent!
  98. Dec 22, 2012
    This game is quite possibly one of the worst games i have ever had the misfortune of playing. If this ever climbs out of the deep hole it has dug itself into in alpha, i might play i a little bit more. Until then the only good experience of this game is being able to un-install it.
  99. Dec 24, 2012
    I paid 50 bucks for this (Legendary) and honestly would have rather spent my money on a blowjob from a cheap hooker named Martha with no teeth. DO NOT BUY THIS GARBAGE.
  100. Dec 19, 2012
    I ve played DayZ for about 2 hours before the ugliness of the game made me quit. This on the other hand looks ok and is still improving. Granted there was a PR **** up with the steam release and it still needs a lot of work bit the game has a lot of potential and certainly deserves better the the current user score seems to suggest

1. PC PowerPlay
    Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.