1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 3986 Ratings

1. Dec 20, 2012
    I do not know but you do not want to waste any more of my time with a game like this. This game should not even be sold in more steam, ask suggestion bankruptcy
  2. Jan 6, 2013
    Not protected at all against any type of hacks and cheats. meaning you can put a **** ton of cheating mods to remove grass fields, and see through walls, and be invisible, and auto-lock your target... If you enjoy cheating and trolling non cheating players, this game is perfect for you. otherwise it's one of the worst piece of **** I've ever bought on Steam, and I'm glad Steam was coolNot protected at all against any type of hacks and cheats. meaning you can put a **** ton of cheating mods to remove grass fields, and see through walls, and be invisible, and auto-lock your target... If you enjoy cheating and trolling non cheating players, this game is perfect for you. otherwise it's one of the worst piece of **** I've ever bought on Steam, and I'm glad Steam was cool enough to refund me. Expand
  3. Dec 21, 2012
    Not only a ripoff, but also a horrible game overall with a terrible model. Besides that, developers stole artwork, TOS and lied that they were working on it before DayZ. Don't support this pile of garbage developed by money-grabbing scumbags.
    Pathetic
  4. Dec 20, 2012
    Blatant false advertising and business practices that are shonky even by Zynga's standards! This game is a straight up SCAM which is designed to STEAL your money from you
  5. Aug 12, 2013
    Every positive review is from the developers of this game or trolls.

Every positive review is from the developers of this game or trolls. Every positive review is from the developers of this game or trolls. Every positive review is from the developers of this game or trolls. Every positive review is from the developers of this game or trolls. Every positive review is from

6. Dec 20, 2012
    The worst game of the year. Stay away from this game!

Cons: - Random players ban - Poor graphics, textures and reflections - Boring game. Character walks slowly and you walk in the map for 20 minutes without enemies - Lose cash items when die - Pay to revive (what!?) - False screenshots - False game description - EULA copied from leagueoflegends - Developer winning money
    The worst game of the year. Stay away from this game!

Cons:
    - Random players ban
    - Poor graphics, textures and reflections
    - Lose cash items when die
    - Pay to revive (what!?)
    - False screenshots
    - False game description
    - EULA copied from leagueoflegends
    - Developer winning money through modders
    - Full of hackers (they will not be banned for money reason)

Pros:
    - Removed the option Buy in Steam store
  7. Jun 21, 2013
    Was lied to by the devs. Then they denied it. Then they blamed the customers. Then they said "sorry, its coming", once again another lie as almost nothing promised has been added, the stuff that they have promised has taken over a year and there is no polishing a turd. Crappy support and lackluster features. the game itself had potential but is quite frankly the worst game i have played.Was lied to by the devs. Then they denied it. Then they blamed the customers. Then they said "sorry, its coming", once again another lie as almost nothing promised has been added, the stuff that they have promised has taken over a year and there is no polishing a turd. Crappy support and lackluster features. the game itself had potential but is quite frankly the worst game i have played. Positive reviews have been proven to be devs covering there own tracks. Do not buy. Expand
  8. Jan 18, 2013
    Deserves all the sh*t that is thrown at it's way. Zero for PR lies, stealing ideas, artwork, assets, name and money. Immature, unprofessional and plain idiot developers. Hackers, bugs, boredom..
  9. Dec 20, 2012
    This game was advertised as being so much more but in reality is a joke. There were supposed to be several maps with 100-400 square kilometers but there is one map with 10 square kilometers. There is a disgusting spawn timer of 1 hour that was apparently patched to be even worse today and now when you die you must wait 4 hours to respawn. Fan boys argue that you have 5 characters to play.This game was advertised as being so much more but in reality is a joke. There were supposed to be several maps with 100-400 square kilometers but there is one map with 10 square kilometers. There is a disgusting spawn timer of 1 hour that was apparently patched to be even worse today and now when you die you must wait 4 hours to respawn. Fan boys argue that you have 5 characters to play. Well some of us don't want to play with 5 characters we want to cultivate 1! The graphics are ok for a game made 4 years ago. The controls suck and there is no toggle to crouch. The interface sucks. There are hackers everywhere. The developer's behavior is atrocious. They will ban you for so much as coughing. If they ban you from their forums they will ban you from their game too. And here I thought the censorship and moderation with World of Tanks was bad. Sergey Titov is like the Josef Stalin of video game developers. THIS IS HORRIBLE. -Not as advertised. -Horrible respawn timer mechanic. -Inconsistent pay model. -Dishonest and disrespectful devs. Expand
  10. Dec 22, 2012
    Wow, much could be said but the big take aways from what others are saying. This game is incomplete, still feels like an alpha and yet it was listed on Steam listing features the game simply did not have. When asked about these features, one of the developers simply didn't seem to understand how failing to list features your game ACTUALLY has is scamming people. The developers refuse toWow, much could be said but the big take aways from what others are saying. This game is incomplete, still feels like an alpha and yet it was listed on Steam listing features the game simply did not have. When asked about these features, one of the developers simply didn't seem to understand how failing to list features your game ACTUALLY has is scamming people. The developers refuse to admit fault for this mistake, and simply blame the players for misreading the information instead of admitting they lied on the store page. This game was incredibly bad, but the company simply makes this game a hopeless endeavor. With a good dev team, the game might get to a playable state but these devs...don't hold your breath. Another thing - they ban players who complain on their forums about the game. Yep. Good ol' censorship to make it look like nothing's wrong. As everyone else is saying, avoid this game. Not worth a dollar! Expand
  11. Dec 21, 2012
    This game is nothing short of a scam. The devs lied to the users, then actually BLAMED the users for "misinterpreting" their misinformation. Charging for microtransactions on top of charging for a broken, buggy "game" is nothing short of criminal, which the rest of the practices the devs employ also are (copying ToS from other games, forcing users to agree to new ToS at random signingThis game is nothing short of a scam. The devs lied to the users, then actually BLAMED the users for "misinterpreting" their misinformation. Charging for microtransactions on top of charging for a broken, buggy "game" is nothing short of criminal, which the rest of the practices the devs employ also are (copying ToS from other games, forcing users to agree to new ToS at random signing away rights (very illegal), bumping up the spawn time from 1 hour to 4 hours and then instilling a monetary charge to revive). It's a cruel joke, and I'm grieved to think some people were actually suckered in by this.

HOW IS THERE NOT ALREADY A CLASS-ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST THESE PEOPLE?
  12. Dec 19, 2012
    The developers completely lied about many of the "features" in this game in a desperate effort to get more money. It's just bad business.
    For me personally, what really ruined the game for me was the retarded character lockout when you die. When your character dies, for whatever reason, that character is locked down for a few hours. The devs haven't fully decided on a lockout time. It's ranged from 1 to 48 hours. So even if you're killed by a hacker (of which there are MANY), guess what. You still suffer the agonizing character lockout. This mechanic is completely unnecessary. It rewards hackers and punishes legit players. Because of this God awful mechanic I give this game a zero. It may seem harsh, but you have no idea how incredibly awful this mechanic is.
  13. Dec 21, 2012
    This game is the biggest pile of crap the gaming industry has created in a very long time and most people agree. It tried to copy another game whos name i'm not going to mention because it should be obvious but needless to say it failed badly. Don't waste your money in this crap, please.
  14. Dec 21, 2012
    This is a car crash of a game. If you're really thinking of getting this please read the other reviews and youtube reviews about gameplay. I can't add anymore that hasn't been said. However, the attitude and professionalism of the devs/mods has been the worst out of any game I've ever seen.
  15. Dec 20, 2012
    Well, I had pre-purchases the game the day it was available. In the end I couldn't even get a refund because there's no support contact for first day purchasers as they weren't using a third party company to do their transactions until after the first day.. I wanted a refund because my ALPHA account got banned for no reason.
  16. Dec 21, 2012
    After pretty much knowing how much of a scam War Z was going to be before it was released I decided to buy it to just give it a fair go. This was a huge waste of money for me, I feel like I should have been paid to play this game. A complete scam to make money and they succeeded. It doesn't matter how much anybody complains now, they're rich now, they don't care what anybody thinks.
  17. Jul 22, 2013
    I honestly wish I read reviews before purchasing this game, I started off creating an account and 20 minutes later after actually managing to connect to servers I begin so you can understand my frustration when the game froze after 6 minutes forcing me to power off my PC (Ctrl+Alt+Del and a hard restart wouldn't work), I then started it again and noticed my character was killed when II honestly wish I read reviews before purchasing this game, I started off creating an account and 20 minutes later after actually managing to connect to servers I begin so you can understand my frustration when the game froze after 6 minutes forcing me to power off my PC (Ctrl+Alt+Del and a hard restart wouldn't work), I then started it again and noticed my character was killed when I powered off my PC so I either had to wait an hour or pay for my character to be re-spawned so instead I created another player and once again 10 minutes in it froze so I gave up and checked on their forums, apparently they have problems with hacks and also one dedicated player got banned and accused of being a hacker and got told where to go when he contacted the developers.

Appalling game that the game developers couldn't care less about, my tip is wait for Day Z to come out as this is a poor mans rip off!!
  18. Dec 21, 2012
    Its honestly isn't that bad. Its pretty fun when you're online with a group of friends. I really wasn't expecting much at this stage of the game because I clearly understood the terms "Alpha" and "Beta" which the other 90% don't. The greater majority of people who have rated it negatively haven't even played the game, so overall I do recommend the game, but to those who are sceptical dueIts honestly isn't that bad. Its pretty fun when you're online with a group of friends. I really wasn't expecting much at this stage of the game because I clearly understood the terms "Alpha" and "Beta" which the other 90% don't. The greater majority of people who have rated it negatively haven't even played the game, so overall I do recommend the game, but to those who are sceptical due to the hoards of retards who are posting negatively then wait till full release and purchase it off Steam, so getting money back won't be such an issue. Expand
  19. Jul 5, 2013
    That game HAD potential, but developers only wanted your cash, game is only part of their plan. Don't buy this game! If your friend is enjoying this game, say him he's crazy. It's just tons of bugs. What a terrible thing. I never saw worse game...
  20. Dec 20, 2012
    The War Z is far from finished/polished. I've had my fair share of fun but only to be ruined the next minute because of either hackers or dying from a 1 feet fall. It's buggy and not worth a single penny in my opinion. Worst release I've seen in years.
  21. Dec 19, 2012
    Although the developers have been a bit misguided and have miscommunicated some things I still think the essence of the game is there and will only get better with time
  22. Jan 20, 2013
    This game has just joined the ranks of Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. DO NOT BUY. Bugs galore, there is nothing in this game that should stand out. You would be much safer sticking with DayZ.
  23. Dec 21, 2012
    There's not much I can say that hasn't already been written, so I'll just confirm that the majority of what you have read is true. I'll also take this time to direct you to a mod for the game ARMA 2 called DayZ. If you want to play a game like The WarZ, but by a developer who actually cares about customers and the game, look it up.
  24. Dec 21, 2012
    This "garbage" is probably the biggest scam in gaming history. They just ripped of dayz ideas and tried to scam as many people as possible... The Positive reviews about this thing are probably from their own PR department which actualy does more work than the programic section of their company...
    Ask steam for refundation while you can!
  25. Dec 21, 2012
    First thing to know: This game is a work-in-progress. You can get this game for about $15. You can spend more, but that will be for in-game-currency. These items you would buy will not be yours forever. These items can be taken from you upon death the second you take them out into the world of The War Z. Any item you have is able to be taken from you when killed (by players, theFirst thing to know: This game is a work-in-progress. You can get this game for about $15. You can spend more, but that will be for in-game-currency. These items you would buy will not be yours forever. These items can be taken from you upon death the second you take them out into the world of The War Z. Any item you have is able to be taken from you when killed (by players, the environment or the zombies), unless you store them in your item-bank. Many are angry from not understanding that this is the type of game you are going to play. There is no holding hands, there is no "noob friendly" gameplay. People in this game are ruthless, and people that help others are very very few and far between. You'll be Killed on Sight almost everytime, so you have to play smart and watch populated areas until you can safely move.
    If this is the kind of survival simulator you are looking for, then this game will be awesome for you. The goal is simple: How long can you survive, and are you good enough to go out into towns, cities and the wilderness to find supplies, ammo, weapons, food and possible companions to help you... And now, can you make it back to a safezone alive and safe with all that loot so that you can store it for later adventures?
    Many will try, only a few will succeed. Are you going to be one of them? The world is full of bandits, raiders, deuche-bags, and those that find absolute joy in killing you and taking your spoils of war.

If you want a flowery wandering and wonderful experience of fairies and lollipops, don't even get close to this game. It is brutal and unforgiving, but if you love a challenge, strategy, patience to watch and wait for that perfect moment to take action, then this game will give you the satisfaction you want from a hardcore game.

Day/Night cycles. Night is brutally unforgiving, the whole screen is basically black with the audio of the zombies and the footsteps of other scavengers trying to hunt you, or find the supplies you need and are looking for. Only the stupid use their flashlights to see... that just lets us know where you now are...

In-game bank, to store your spoils and lootz of war (if you can make it back alive, when you go back out you can re-equip from your bank as needed)

The Cons: The game is still being worked on. There are a lot of rough edges, the developers are still adding game elements and changing rules and game mechanics every few weeks, so you must be able to flow with that, becuase the game is still in its basic stages. But for $15 this game is awesome. There are no friends list yet, you can only do "Clans" right now to keep/find buddies in the game. The Pros: Some servers run with 100 players at once, and I've experienced NO LAG during those times, I run a slower computer and the game is smooth on my screen. Where you aim, is where you hit, I haven't had any LAG aiming problems. This game is rough, but for what you get (not all selilng points of the game are there yet), you get an awesome game-in-progress.

Best $15 I ever spent for a Zombie Survival Game Online! Graphics are "fine" for a $15 game. Audio is "fine" for $15 game. Don't expect AAA musical score, or graphics that would melt a $5k computer. But the overall-core gameplay is solid (survive, scavenge, PVP, and SURVIVE)

Don't listen to the haters. They wanted COD-meets-COUNTER STRIKE. They got The War Z instead, so they rage-whined and QQQ'd on metacritic here...
  26. Dec 21, 2012
    Three words: A horrible game. However, I would still give a horrible game a 2 or a 3 for the effort of the devs, but I don't feel like the developers of The War Z even deserve these points. If you ban and insult your very own players because they don't like your game and complain about it on forums, you're doing it wrong. Feedback is the base of every game that excists. Developers thatThree words: A horrible game. However, I would still give a horrible game a 2 or a 3 for the effort of the devs, but I don't feel like the developers of The War Z even deserve these points. If you ban and insult your very own players because they don't like your game and complain about it on forums, you're doing it wrong. Feedback is the base of every game that excists. Developers that didn't listen to its customers useally failed to deliver a decent game and that is exactly what is happening here. Also, I've read a few articles that claim that half of 'The War Z' its content is stolen (The Walking Dead). Anyway: If you really like zombie games, and you really want this game, don't do it: you will be dissapointed and 'Hammerpoint Interactive' don't deserve a single penny. Expand
  27. Jan 16, 2013
    Too many bugs, game needs major polishing. Also the game is loaded with hackers that face barely any penalties, so everyone's doing it. In turn making the game a very unpleasant experience.
  28. Mar 13, 2013
    This game could have been great, it has a lot of potential. but I can't help to be bothered by the greed of these terrible developers, the game apprently isn't finished yet, but already charging high prices for additional items, and even respawns. Seriously 1 f*cking hour to respawn, or buy a respawn? That is incredibly stupid, as if isn't hard enough to survive, when conviniently youThis game could have been great, it has a lot of potential. but I can't help to be bothered by the greed of these terrible developers, the game apprently isn't finished yet, but already charging high prices for additional items, and even respawns. Seriously 1 f*cking hour to respawn, or buy a respawn? That is incredibly stupid, as if isn't hard enough to survive, when conviniently you can't find what you need in the game when you need it most and to reach safe zones way too long, and too little of them. This game is complete sh*t and regret spending 15 on it, just to see I'd have to spend more to actually enjoy such terrible set up of game mechanics. Maybe one day this losers will fix this cheap money drain, but for now that's all it is. Expand
  29. Jan 12, 2013
    This is one of those games that makes the rest of the world hate Russians. The developers are just mad because their country has forced conscription and they want to make enough money to bribe the government to keep their disgusting eurotrash **** asses out of harm's way or perhaps they want to make enough rubles to get literally any woman to get close to their greasy toad dick but littleThis is one of those games that makes the rest of the world hate Russians. The developers are just mad because their country has forced conscription and they want to make enough money to bribe the government to keep their disgusting eurotrash **** asses out of harm's way or perhaps they want to make enough rubles to get literally any woman to get close to their greasy toad dick but little do they know that even prostitutes have standards and to pull some retarded INDIE GAME DEVELOPER **** trick would be a grave insult to what little bit of pride they have left. Devs please kill yourself stop breathing stop using up precious resources just stop existing and maybe everyone won't tar every single person in Russia with the same brush. Expand
  30. Jan 17, 2013
    Bought the game on Steam, I couldn't log in. Sent a ticket through their support; no response. Sent another ticket in through support. Again, no response. This was over a month ago, and I'm still waiting to hear back. Fortunately, Steam was nice enough to give me a refund. 0 score, because the developers don't seem to provide any support for this game whatsoever.
  31. Dec 18, 2012
    I purchased this game back in October for it Alpha release. I was taking a risk that I definitely do not regret. The game decently solid as of now. While there may be a few bugs, the game is overall fun to play and is definitely worth the buy. Regarding the whole "missing features" bit, the features listed are either planned, or are in-game already. This is nothing to be worriedI purchased this game back in October for it Alpha release. I was taking a risk that I definitely do not regret. The game decently solid as of now. While there may be a few bugs, the game is overall fun to play and is definitely worth the buy. Regarding the whole "missing features" bit, the features listed are either planned, or are in-game already. This is nothing to be worried about, and these features will come in time. the only negative part of the game, other than minimal bugs, is the community. Many people just shoot on sight and do not consider teaming up. If you want to play a good, open-world zombie game: this is the game for you. Collapse

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.