1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 3929 Ratings

1. Dec 17, 2012
    Excellent game. I used to play DayZ before i found this game and while they are similar, The War Z has many aspects that make me enjoy it far more than i ever did with dayz. I would defiantly recommend it to other people who are fans of realistic zombie games.
  2. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is great. I've played it since November 27 and, while there are some miscommunications and glitches, this game is overall great. It is still in development, but has many great features. There are a mid-range of weapons to choose from, with more on the way in the future. The map, over 100sq km, is big enough for the moment. I hardly ever run into hostile players, and nothing of any hackers that have been reported. I've managed to get guns several times, as well as rare armor and items. As an overal game, I give it an 8/10, due to the fact it has some features missing and the developers are sometimes distant on information. Expand
  3. Dec 18, 2012
    i love this game, i am not going to use the "its still in alpha beta excuse". but this game still has a chance of surviving and i will keep playing it. the only bad part is the hackers but hopefully they really do have a anti-cheat engine lolol Overall its only 20-30 bucks and you get to be a part of a game that might be a hit...who knows
  4. Dec 18, 2012
    Game is great and a lot of fun a lot of people are complaining about stuff not being in the game but the devs are working hard on following there timeline they put on the forums. The game is still under development so just play and have fun.
  5. Dec 21, 2012
    After the recent changes, I have now changed my rating to a 10. Let's hope they keep making community changes. The reverting of the 4 hour lockout period has changed my gameplay to more positive, in contrary to the previous. Now onto private servers!
  6. Dec 18, 2012
    The War Z is a lot of fun. I'd give it two thumbs up. One of the best things I love about this game is the death system. In most MMO's death is simply a minor inconvenience -- you die, you re-spawn at the alter with all of your gear, and maybe suffer some repair costs. In The War Z, when you die, you lose EVERYTHING and must wait out the revive timer before being able to play the same character again. This really makes death in this game significant. No other game gets my heart pounding and my palms sweaty like The War Z. When you have a backpack full of loot, and you hear the sound of footsteps from another player, or gun shots nearby..... Oh man, it's game on! Expand
  7. Dec 18, 2012
    The WarZ is still developing and i think it got great potential, i like the sandboxy aspect of the game atm. The biggest problem being the hackers and the really hard start for new players. Lots of things need to be fixed but im pretty sure the evolution will come quickly.
  8. Dec 18, 2012
    Love this game, just waiting for private servers, once i get my own server then my life will be nothing but War Z. I'm kinda getting bored with the pvp aspect of it atm, not that i die alot, just that i would like my own server to actually be able to kill zombies with a gun w/o worrying about a bandit hearing me.
  9. Jan 14, 2013
    so Warz is a super cool game you just do not get in the game with a rating on it is good or bad and spend a little more than an hour on it any time with a friend but quickly becomes caught up in it and can not get enough there many bugs but you do not think much about it when you first started with the
  10. Dec 18, 2012
    People who are put unlike all delayed because some can not see the front and Warz why?
    because they think Dayz and better, but this is not so for all causes and from warz game
    already sucks when you guys buy the game was not for you guys have the official Warz paid for the full release for so if you guys think about it Warz will be **** believe it or not, the Warz and very good and
    should not **** compared comment leaving the launch.
    Thanks for reading.
    Stop be kids!!
    I recommend to play!!!!!
    Thanks for reading.
    Stop be kids!!
    I recommend to play!!!!!
  11. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is just excellent. I played DayZ before, and then I heard about this game when I stopped playing DayZ. I was excited to see how it were, then I first thought this game was going to be a fail because it is a "MMO", and then my friend convinced me to play the game because it wouldn't suck. There am I, playing this game, enjoying it, but, Hammerpoint should listen more to the community. They don't accept bad critics about the game, but they need to accept it in order to make the game better.

Why this game is considered a MMO: because of the Skill Tree. You can learn new skills (unimplemented yet). I don't know how it will work, but I think WarZ didn't need that.

When I first played this, I kept getting killed and then I was like "F*CK I DIED WHY DID YOU DO THIS MOTHERF*CKER?", but then I just realise that the game is still fun, even when you die. I kept laughing at how the guy killed me, which makes this a good game.

MY FINAL REVIEW: Good game, if you want to try it out, ask your friend that bought it for a Guest Key. That way, you'll not spend any money on the game if you don't like it.
  12. Dec 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game has a lot of hype. More bad than good I would say, especially just looking at these reviews. A lot of the negative hype are day z fan boys. Sure great, no worries. What many of these posts don't realize is that the game is still in beta. The price was not reduced to 15, it has always been 15. Anyone that spent more gets in game currency equal to what they spent and other perks. Nothing game changing, things like private stronghold servers and such. I have played the game through alpha and into beta, alpha was rough. It was hacker plagued. The hackers have been reduced, and now that it is launching through steam and with the "new anti-hack" out. Which I think is the same anti-hack but with the consequences of hacking a game on steam attached. You kids won't want to lose your steam account will you? The threat of hackers should be greatly reduced. To kozzy420 or anyone that bought the game through steam, I'm not sure how it shows the game, but any research into the game, like 5 seconds into google and you could figure out it is in beta. And come on for 15 bucks you could do a lot worse! I have paid 60 bucks for crappier x box games that I spend less time with than I have with war z. Either way I like war z better than day z at the moment. I will try the day z stand alone but will definitely keep my account going. This is a good game with a ton of negative hype, but don't listen to the people saying they are rushing the game. The game is in beta, so it is still a work in progress, they have already tested skill trees, but have found they need more work to be in the game, so they said they will not have them done this year. Does that sound like rushing? No it sounds like a smart choice by them to not rush something as integral as a skill tree.

The baby gamers of the new generation need to suck it up and clan up. Get together with some people, hold down a town or go explore if you want. We had six of us build a stronghold in the clearview small grocery the other night then call the server out. Told them we had all sorts of good loot, which we did. All of us fully armed with plenty of ammo, barricades for our building, all had body armor and helmets. We held it down for a good hour and a half with lots of action. There was maybe two to three separate groups that showed up. They were doing most of the fighting at first, then the winners tried to take us down, but they were hard pressed. They had a sniper up on a hill with no shot on us, and kept poking their heads into the market to try to get us. They did get two of us, I got two kills, a buddy got two as well. We lost another to the sniper as he tried to loot. We sent him out after we killed a bunch in the town. He came back in and we were able to loot a lot of the stuff. We had to use another barricade in the middle of the street so the sniper couldn't kill us as we looted. It was different, and it was a lot of fun.

Watch a short clip of part of the battle.

Here you can watch us celebrating the holiday.

Here you can watch a zombie montage, the night stuff isn't great. Hard to film at night. Need night vision!

The game is what you make it, but you can't survive on your own for too long. Only a matter of time, clan up, it is an mmo in that sense. For 15$ this game is a bargain. It was always 15! Not a quick cash grab as the haters say. Don't waste your money? I'm sure almost all of you have wasted 15 dollars on more. You don't need gc to play the game as many say. It helps speeds your revival time for about the same cost of a baseball bat. You can't buy guns. You can buy a very limited supply of ammo. The key though as I said you need to clan up, groups of three are decent for going around, but the more the merrier! Enjoy the holidays!
  13. Dec 19, 2012
    I am a frequent player of The War Z and to be honest I do enjoy the game a lot. I do die a lot as well but that is besides the point.

I may not agree on how situations are handled however I still take my hat off to Sergey and the rest of the team. The game has a lot going for it and in time it will get better. I for one can defiantly not pull such a game like this off and I am sure that
    there are not may other that can.

My main point to this would be that WE the COMMUNITY is making or braking this game, WE have had plenty of opportunities to give our input on the game and what WE would like to have and so far have they not made some of the changes that WE asked for? (Less players on servers, more Zombies, more loot) How long do you think this can go on before it all falls apart..

What I say here might be insignificant to a lot of people but I would like to ask just to ease up a bit..
    This game was created with the basic idea of Zombie survival and the COMMUNITY is shaping the game to the way they want it.
  14. Dec 19, 2012
    Well, I have voted 10 because I really think, I've got what I payed for. The game has it unique chaotic atmosphere of survival. Not all the features are available yet but devs are releasing up to 3 patches a week!
    I would definitely suggest the game to Zombie fans!
  15. Dec 19, 2012
    Game is doing just fine slow in progress but its getting there , people on steam should of youtube the gameplay first before buying i know i did ..... to sum it all up game is great and has alot of potential
    its worth every dollar ........... KEEP UP THE GREAT JOB
  16. Dec 19, 2012
    Been playing since release in Oct 16th and have been having lots of fun! still more stuff to be added, but the devs listen to the community and the updates are regular and add great new stuff :) 10/10 because it has so much replayability and has a bright future. Don't listen to all the negative reviews, they're just getting caught up in all the drama surrounding WarZ
  17. Jan 8, 2013
    The game is a work in progress far from done. Did my research before buying it. Love the game.... Tired of all the haters. It's got fps or 3 rd. kill or be killed... It's the ultimate survivor game.
  18. Mar 22, 2013
    "Haters gonna hate." I can truly say that this game is underrated due to the hater.There were mistakes which the game's company did but this reason can't make the game trash.They're trying to make this game better nowadays.They release new updates at least once in 2 weeks.That's good for a game which is still developing.If you're reading this post and about to buy this game, just buy it.I believe that other reviews are written on purpose to damage the game... Expand
  19. Jan 7, 2013
    "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma--which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." - Steve Jobs - February 24, 1955 - October 5, 2011 RIP Expand
  20. Dec 19, 2012
    Haters gonna hate of sure, this game is absolutely fascinating and scary.playi'n since alpha,so why u continue giving 0 vote?Also about 400 of people giving negative review never played this game.Page steam is now ACCURATE and for 10
  21. Dec 20, 2012
    Still in development, has potential !!! Some bugs but really good. New and cool features are coming in the future. More maps will be available. Beware of aggressive players !!! Most people will just kill you without talking first just because of fear !!!
  22. Dec 21, 2012
    The game actually is how I thought it would be. I like the zombies and how you kill them, weapons are a bit common but yea... I know, the game has many bugs and **** but I still won't get a refund. Why? I see, that they try to fix everything and listen to the community. That's enough for me to trust them. I am looking for this to be a good game, but not in one week, not in one month but maybe in 6 month this will be a really great game. The game was just released and since the alpha really many things has been changed and added. And just because some things are copied, it doesn't mean the game suck. Would you rather use the first phone on earth, or a Samsung Galaxy? I would prefer a Samsung. Actually, I would give this game 10 points if they would fix the problem with the hackers, because the game is fun. But something annoys me: The mainstream cities. You go to a popular city and you see like 10 people in 5 minutes. I know, it's actually good if you're not alone, but 10 people... If they would hollow out more buildings, people will actually travel to different cities and not to the big ones. BTW: I hate to spawn at safe zones. Expand
  23. Mar 11, 2013
    This is the best game ever 10/10 must buy, most innovative game of the year. Beautiful graphics, fascinating lore, brilliant story, deep character design. What more can I say? Get this game now, what a bargain for just $15.

Just kidding lol.
  24. Dec 19, 2012
    I ve played DayZ for about 2 hours before the ugliness of the game made me quit. This on the other hand looks ok and is still improving. Granted there was a PR **** up with the steam release and it still needs a lot of work bit the game has a lot of potential and certainly deserves better the the current user score seems to suggest
  25. Dec 18, 2012
    I don't understand why people would compare this game to Day Z. They might be in the same environment, share gameplay or something else, BUT YOU ALL BOUGHT COD:BOII, similarities never stood in your way before, why are they so important now? Game is not the greatest one, but hey, it's not THAT bad. Support in War Z is very responsive to what players want, they update game almost every day, they really putting a lot of effort into it. Also I think that reddit posts and all the frauds against War Z is Day Z developers' fault.
    TL;DR give the guys a break
  26. Dec 19, 2012
    Please read all the rage reviews in here and tell me how many of them actually talk about the actual game in general and not small features or faulty details. NONE. That's right. They aren't reviews, but just haters that probably haven't played the game for more than an hour. The game has had a growing community since before the Steam release for a reason. I have played this game after it was released as an alpha to the general public, and I can firmly say that have never had so much fun in such a long time. First, this game is not for everyone. It is an MMO FPS SURVIVAL PVP Zombie game which focus on PvP. The game is meant to be rough. No party system or anti friendly fire for example, gives realism to the game. A death penalty of 4 hours per character and lost of all carried items (lootable by other players), creates a survival of the fittest like environment full of tension and gratification at the same time. The War Z look and sound very good, with many details that gives incredible realism to the environment. Is the only game that I've played in a long time that can urge both emotions of great joy or sorrow by the same system. Hear a gun shot, and ether you hide/run for your life or you get filled with valor rushing to find the conflict. This game is hardcore, very hardcore, you could lose hours of farming in an instant just because, for example, you got killed by some stalker that waited till you got distracted with a zombie, but you could also cut hours by executing similar strategies. This is not COD or similar games. You have to think where to go, how to get there unnoticed and most importantly look carefully at your surroundings. You have to keep moving in order to find food and drink to stop hunger or thirst which can eventually kill you, thus preventing camping for long periods. You can run by yourself or hunt loot or players by joining a clan. I have personally experienced many moments of tension, happiness and fear that I will never forget. Felt Incredible joy after killing very farmed players or finding extremely rare items, followed by total fear and/or sorrow by encounters with other players. The global inventory, a place where you can store items for latter use without fear of losing them, has become a memory storage of those moments.

In terms of content and delivery, developers are constantly listening to the community, improving on many aspects of the game and giving life to community ideas. The game has changed so much since the Alpha, which can only be explained by its fast development. The War Z, as a game has technically improved over its source game idea (DayZ) and over its source game engine (War inc) in many ways. So don't get fooled by people who say that the game is just a rip off or some modification of another game/engine. However, it is also technically far from perfect. Glitches, malfunctions and in some cases, lack of details or basic functionality are present in the game. These has been slowly disappearing but some are still present and can affect the gaming experience for some players. In conclusion, this is a very challenging, entertaining and fun game that blast players with great tension and emotions. It is not technically exceptional, but has demonstrated growing improvements over time, with one of the best community-pleasing developers group that I have ever seen. If you don't believe what I say, just look for online stream shows at Twitch.tv or any other site and look at the player's face for the reason why this game is so good.
  27. Dec 19, 2012
    i have fun playing is that not what matters?

its not a scam ignor the trolls they just gota hate for hates sake

..................................................................................................................................................................................
  28. Dec 19, 2012
    despite all the negative critics and the many rumors of scams and cheating and lying, the game is freaking amazing. i haven't been able to play anything else for months because i've been spending all my time on this game. it's VERY bare bones as it's simply a map with zombies, loot and player spawn areas. the alignment system is currently useless as there's little reason NOT to be a bandit and kill on sight.

production has been slow, but a good pace for a group of somewhere between 25 and 60 dev's. marketing and PR has been shotty but seeing as there are few members, i would prefer them to work on the game and not flake off and dick around on the forums all day.

the animations and base mechanics improve with every other update.

don't ever let a negative critic or even numbers tell you if a game is good or not. only you will know after you give it a try since it's all about perspective. so here's the question for you reader. . .

do you like zombies? do you like HUGE persistent worlds? do you like pvp? do you like pve? do you want to have the choice of either or?(private servers will be out soon and there's PLENTY of people willing to have Role Playing, PVE and PVP dedicated servers and allow you in) do you like a challenge? do you like making challenges for other players? do you like to roleplay (not just play a character in an MMO)? do you like to explore?

this may be the game for you but keep in mind you must be very patient not just with the development but also with playing the game in general. don't just run out there and expect a large call of duty world. your life is precious in this game as you have a lockout if you die (don't worry, there are 5 character slots and you can always save one for a hardcore character. he loses his skills but you get to play as much as you like)

you are able to spend real money on game things that are convenient, but don't give you any real advantage. for instance, at the moment (could possibly change) you can spend 50GC (1$=125ishGC) to revive a dead character sooner (convenient, not really an advantage), or get some meds or ammo (again, convenient, but by no means an advantage).

for the best experience in game, it could be best to play with a group. if you can not find a trusting group online or in real life friends, you may try to join one of the many many clan's. these can lead up to some really amazing and fun times. one of my favorite experiences was when about 24 of us were running through a server to waste weapons before they wiped the inventories.

give it a shot. i won't blame someone for not liking this game but i freaking love it and am looking forward to even MORE content to come.
  29. Dec 19, 2012
    These negative reviews are ridiculous guys. The War Z is a really good game, and I've had some of the most intense firefights in my 26 years of gaming in this game. Is it true that Hammerpoint has been less than awesome at communicating with their community? Yep. Is it true that their Steam page was copied and pasted from their website with features that weren't in the game yet? Yep. Has the development been painfully slow? Yep. However, the game's zombies are really fun and there are lots of them. The PvP is amazing. Pick this game up and give it a try yourself, and ignore these RhinoCrunch trolls and the bandwagon of DayZ fanboys. This game will get your heart racing sometimes :) Expand
  30. Dec 19, 2012
    Very fun gameplay with zombie hords and good gfx. There are a lot of Player, all Server are filled up and you can make Clans and Play with your friends. 1-3 more months, and this game will be rocking the world!

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.