1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 4037 Ratings

1. Nov 18, 2013
    Worst game ever for many reasons. It is a rip-off, the developer doesn't care about it's customers, it is still full of bugs, PONG has a better A.I. than this game, this game has been falsely advertised many times, the controls are weird, the game is filled with cheaters.. I could continue forever.
  2. Nov 12, 2013
    This game should really be avoided. I tried it on a trial, so luckily i haven't spent any money on this.
    I have been killed 3 times by hackers in my short time of playing (around an hour or so overall). One flying, second one shooting me through a rock, third one running at light speed.
    Then there's this annoying crash bug that randomly crashes whole pc without any other option than to push a reset button. Happened to me 4 times. I did try every solution available on the forums. Including ridiculous ones like reinstalling whole system. It only happens to me on this game and i have a high end PC.
    I also got stuck in the texture 3 times.
    All this in around an hour. I did try to give this a chance, but i just give up. Ridiculous.
    There should be a huge sign "work in progress" on steam. They claim it contains features it does not for what they can surely be sued.
    Also, the support is almost non existant. Going through forums i've seen problems that were totally ignored by devs (the crashes for example).
    Great idea served the worst way possible.

Do not play. Even for free. Even if they pay you.
  3. Nov 14, 2013
    This game has potential. While most don't see it, this could easily be a very good game, but it's going to take a lot of work in order to get it good. As it is, it's pretty much unplayable. It tries to be like DayZ, putting you into a zombie world, with zombie things, and lots of guns, but they messed this up entirely. Zombies aren't your issue, other players are. They'll kill youThis game has potential. While most don't see it, this could easily be a very good game, but it's going to take a lot of work in order to get it good. As it is, it's pretty much unplayable. It tries to be like DayZ, putting you into a zombie world, with zombie things, and lots of guns, but they messed this up entirely. Zombies aren't your issue, other players are. They'll kill you before you even see a zombie, and this is just one of the few issues. And when you do encounter a zombie, good luck killing it. It takes them 20-40 hits to kill, and it only takes them 3 or 4 to kill you. Do yourself a favor; stay away from this game. Expand
  4. Dec 18, 2013
    At first we found this game very addicting and fun with my friends. We played it almost everyday and had fun at the same time. So one day they said that they will make it look better(graphics), we were a bit excited but when it was released, we were extremely disappointed. Two of my friends couldn't play it anymore, because the developers raised the graphics card requirement. I could onlyAt first we found this game very addicting and fun with my friends. We played it almost everyday and had fun at the same time. So one day they said that they will make it look better(graphics), we were a bit excited but when it was released, we were extremely disappointed. Two of my friends couldn't play it anymore, because the developers raised the graphics card requirement. I could only play with one of my friend, because he had a more powerful computer.
    Everyone started asking for the graphics to be lowered back to normal or give us a chance to set shadows OFF and lighting on LOW. So some weeks later they announced a new patch, that they now gave us a chance to turn off shadows. We thought we could play again. But we were disappointed again.
    The only settings before were High/Ultra, they only changed the labels not the real effect. After that people started asking on the forums about it and complaining and the got banned for it and posts were removed. You couldn't even search a post with a tag "fps" in it, it was not allowed.
    They just ruined a good game
  5. Nov 28, 2013
    Its a true piece of $#!T, i put my money on a... i can't complete this with no offense.
    I lost my money buying this.
    Do not purchase this game.
    Frustation: Hackers Stories, this is the real name of this
  6. Nov 30, 2013
    Waste of time and money.
    Poor graphic, missing features from description, lots of bugs, poor animations, broken mechanics.

If you want to enjoy your evening just buy bottle of vodka and some sushi.
  7. Dec 24, 2013
    Absolutely terrible gam and unprofessional devs that give indie games a bad rap. On their stream you can watch and listen as developer Artemis knives berates customers in the most profane and vile manner.
  8. Feb 6, 2014
    Id rather drag my balls across a thousand miles of glass .................................................................................. ...........
  9. Feb 8, 2014
    This is the worst game to be ever created.
    u will get perma baned, for no reason.
    u will get hacked.
    u will lose money u spend.
    They will make u rebuy it if u get baned.
    liers.
    cheaters.
    should be sued and taken off steam.
    thanks.
  10. Mar 11, 2014
    Please guys Dont buy this game or you will regret about!
    This game is a complete ****
    The devs are taotally corupted
    BANS ARE RANDOMLY!
    ITS FULL OF HACKERS!
  11. Apr 19, 2014
    This game is full of lies and is broken in every way possible. DO NOT BUY!
    Even if you do get past the lies and brokenness then all there is to do it horde 100's of guns (which you can buy ammo for.)
    As I said earlier do not buy this broken pile of lies.
  12. Apr 20, 2014
    Worst Video Game ever, it needs to be buried in Alamogordo, New Mexico with "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial"

0/10 Because this game blows chunks waste of my money and it was only $7.99 and I still felt ripped off.
  13. Apr 25, 2014
    I bought the game when in came out in 2012 and tried to play it until mid 2013. At that time, in became obvious this was a huge scam and the company just wanted money.
    If you like a game, that could not be a big deal, but when the game mechanic is "you die, you loose everything", hacking become a major issue. They never solved it.
    Now, the game price is so low that hacker can buy 2
    Now, the game price is so low that hacker can buy 2 accounts for 5 to 10 dollars (depend on discount). One legit account for storing stuff, one hacking account for "fun".

As a legit player, you have not a single chance to have fun in this game.

Stay away from that "game" and that company.
  14. Apr 27, 2014
    This Game is Crap! Good potential but the maker of this game dont do anything good!!!!!
    AVOID TO BUY THIS GAME!!!
    WASTE OF MONEY GUARANTEE! Trust me!
    So many hackers on this game and developper dont do nothing about it.
    It make one year they promise us cars and other **** and never happen at all
    thanks
  15. Aug 6, 2014
    I'm still not sure what I saw in this game the first time I saw it... I keep asking myself "Why the **** did I buy this **** And I'm sure that's what you'll ask yourself when you play this monstrosity of a game. The only reason it exists is to piggyback off of DayZ's success. So for your sake don't buy this... It's complete garbage. -_-
  16. Jul 20, 2014
    this game is worst ever, they have no control of cheater, they lie for the users and explore them all can we do some for destroy this game ? hate this guys;
  17. Aug 18, 2014
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY PAY TO WIN!!! DON'T YOU JUST LOVE PAY TO WIN GAMES?!
  18. Sep 6, 2014
    If you support this game, you support Sergey Titov. Sergey is friends with the top ISS item and hack seller, as he was busted partying with at E3.

If you still decide that is not enough, they have not delivered on any promises made. No hardcore mode Bandits can still access safezones No bandit only safezones are just some examples. Bigest scam part of this game was the

No hardcore mode
    Bandits can still access safezones
    No bandit only safezones

are just some examples.

Bigest scam part of this game was the removal of PunkBuster. PunkBuster was banning players Sergey did not want banned. The only resolution to this was to remove PunkBuster.

Instead they now only ban players they want. Including players who have never hacked on any account.
  19. Oct 15, 2014
    This game is horrible and the developer is a crook. I started playing this game in it's Beta stage and it had a lot of bugs then, but once the game was released it was an entirely different game, and I mean for the worse.

First off, the game had nothing to stop cheaters from using aimbot, esp and all of that stuff, so you primarily only played in games with a couple of people or empty so you could at least enjoy the game without being killed by a cheater. This only got worse over time, and I quit about the time they implemented that fairplay, because the developer kept on with lies. The servers were supposed to be priced reasonable, or at least that's what he said, something around $20 a month, but when they actually allowed you to rent servers, it was $60+ a month, and even more for a password protected server.

So what people started doing is renting slots out and you paid them with the in-game stuff or the currency that you could shop with(I don't remember what it's called). That was the only way to actually play a decent game without having to worry about cheaters.

Then what killed the game the most is the developer kept messing with the loot spawns, zombie spawns and all of that and it just got tiring. You would of honestly never expected the game to be such crap after looking so promising.

I wouldn't give this game to somebody for free. If you want a zombie game, play Day Z or wait for H1Z1(though it keeps getting pushed back).
  20. Jan 28, 2014
    I have been waiting to give a review since I naively paid for this so called game when it came out. DO NOT BUY THIS DO NOT EVEN PLAY IT you will save yourself a lot of time and trouble.

The developers are **** and are simply money grabbing pricks who force purchasing of in game items to play. It is a shining example of greed and the shame of the gaming community.
  21. Mar 13, 2014
    My original review of this title when it was known as "The WarZ" was incredibly generous, but now I see this game for what it is, a scam. It places you in an unattractive glitchy world full of terrible zombie animations, ugly textures and unused space. The game runs awful and their coders have no clue what they’re doing. They are constantly changing the game, in bad ways. Loot has neverMy original review of this title when it was known as "The WarZ" was incredibly generous, but now I see this game for what it is, a scam. It places you in an unattractive glitchy world full of terrible zombie animations, ugly textures and unused space. The game runs awful and their coders have no clue what they’re doing. They are constantly changing the game, in bad ways. Loot has never been stable. It’s either out of control and you’re being flooded with finding chemlights at every spawn or you’re finding nothing. Hammerpoint is constantly finding ways to get their players to spend money. You can buy items in the marketplace, buy your own private server to avoid dying against players and buy premium which allows you to only have a hope at finding something of better value at a spawn point. The lead guy behind the title released a forum post saying that if people didn’t buy from the marketplace the game would eventually have to go offline. They even included a hotkey that opens the shop in-game for you to buy items and have them instantly (which has now been removed with the latest patch). If you’re looking for a “survival” game, this isn’t it. Infestation: Survivor Sandwiches (Kappa) is nothing but a money grab and is ran by a shady company that has no interest in making a quality title, but instead snagging as much money as they can while they kill off the game. I feel like I’m being generous with this again, but my score is definitely changing. Please, if you’re looking for a survival game avoid this piece of trash at all costs. Expand
  22. Dec 2, 2013
    Do not purchase this game.its very bad full of hackers,bugs and disconnect problems,bad support
    Just look at the İnfestation forums to see the problems
  23. Apr 25, 2013
    AWFUL GAME. Those who rate it highly obviously have some sort of brain damage, as that is all I can conceive that could make you enjoy such a hack job ripoff of Day Z. Seriously people, even DayZ isn't THAT good. This game is AWFUL people, sure maybe you and some friends can have some fun, but not as much as say playing ANY OTHER GAME, download TF2 a FREE game with much more content and substance.
  24. Apr 24, 2013
    The WarZ development was very hyped and full of hope that we would get a game the resembles the popular mod DayZ but in a more finished and improved sense it sickens me that the developers has made the development in my mind to the finished product so poorly having still bugs and issues in hacking and server lag stating that they would finish there promises and also fix the bugs in aThe WarZ development was very hyped and full of hope that we would get a game the resembles the popular mod DayZ but in a more finished and improved sense it sickens me that the developers has made the development in my mind to the finished product so poorly having still bugs and issues in hacking and server lag stating that they would finish there promises and also fix the bugs in a later date That alone is not a big problem many games sometimes has a rocky start what really butchered this game is the Devs I commend them for at least trying to make the game but they just ruined it by trying to branch themselves out of DayZ making somewhat shady claims and calling Bandits a very important kind of people who made DayZ the mod enjoyable not knowing who is stalking you in "Sniper Hill plotting to take your stuff adding fuel to the fire. The price of the game is alright and micro transactions are somewhat understandable but the content is not as of yet is not near "Fun" as "Boring" is.It still holds promise but for now it's to most peoples Index in the Section. I hope they prove me and the gaming community wrong. Bottom line $15-16 bucks is OK for a chance/gamble of this bouncing back. Expand
  25. Apr 24, 2013
    The worst survival zombie game ever made.
    Bugs and hacks everywhere. The engine is a crap, and the cash shop is ridiculous.

It look like an alpha of a game.
  26. Apr 28, 2013
    The only reason that I not giving this game lower, is because I did have a small amount of fun when I first played the game. I honestly did have a little fun during the first week with this game...then...i realized that I wasn't having that much fun. I realized that the only way to not die, was to not make any noise and stay as quiet as possible. Now, where as that sounds fun to someThe only reason that I not giving this game lower, is because I did have a small amount of fun when I first played the game. I honestly did have a little fun during the first week with this game...then...i realized that I wasn't having that much fun. I realized that the only way to not die, was to not make any noise and stay as quiet as possible. Now, where as that sounds fun to some stealth fans, I'm not being stealthy to have fun, I'm doing it BECAUSE THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NO INCENTIVE TO WORK TOGETHER!

The hell?! In my little mind, I think that in a zombie game, people should band together to store food, secure boundaries, and just live. If you were try and do that, you'd make that in a safe zone, which people can just camp at and get easy kills. The game, is flat out broken. It has several features that aren't even in the game yet, the microtransactions in it piss me the hell off (even though there can be vendors and such in a town, so it's not completely terrible), and the game is just missing so so much. This game is a broken mess. Please, for the love of god, stay away from it.
  27. Jun 17, 2013
    *CORRECTED*I purchased this game's pioneer package in high hopes that the screen shots of the game would be proved accurate. However, when I got into the game, I was presented with graphics (I was on ultra), in which I couldn't even tell grass was grass when I got close. It was a flat mix of textures. I also had hopes for the features it promised such as the skill tree and the Stronghold*CORRECTED*I purchased this game's pioneer package in high hopes that the screen shots of the game would be proved accurate. However, when I got into the game, I was presented with graphics (I was on ultra), in which I couldn't even tell grass was grass when I got close. It was a flat mix of textures. I also had hopes for the features it promised such as the skill tree and the Stronghold server hosting we where promised with the pioneer and Legendary packages. If not just the Legendary which my friend bought. We haven't gotten any of these features yet. It has been to long waiting and I have given up. There is nothing positive I can say for this game anymore. I used to stand up for it but with the disappointment I have attained throughout the patches. This game, in my honest opinion, was, and I mean every word of it, a giant pile of donkey Sh1t. I wanted to punch my screen every time I got D/C'd from a server for no reason. Also, the amount of hackers in this game made me want to cry. There was no playing legit. So i just stopped and I do NOT regret it. This game is terrible and i want my money back. TL;DR,: This game sucked barb-wired Dild0s And I mean that.
    #Barb-WiredDild0Guy #YOROSHWAG #DoNotBuyOrYourPeePeeWillBeSore #DizzNegga
  28. Jul 20, 2013
    This game had so much potential but is no more than a cash cow. I pre-ordered this and got beta access, promised so much and a year on the game has progressed very little.
    The only real progression for the game is in the in-game purchasing, that's it really.
    The game has a rotten community due to the hatred towards the lazy developers. They've only worked on features that make themselves money and no real benefits to it's players. This is no more than a rushed clone of DayZ and the hatred is mostly deserved.
  29. Aug 21, 2013
    Aburrido juego de senderismo en tiempo real, vagaras por los campos de Colorado(se supone que iba a tener más mapas pero nunca llegaron) sin nada más que hacer que matar zombies, no hay más misiones. La supervivencia que se vende consiste en mantener a raya 2 barras, una de sed y otra de hambre; lo cual es bastante fácil de conseguir.
    Tras jugar durante un par de horas descubres que el
    Tras jugar durante un par de horas descubres que el único interés del juego consiste en coleccionar armas de fuego que es inútil usar contra los zombies.
    Al final todo se reduce a un triste e injusto PVP en 3 zonas del mapa donde los chetos campan a sus anchas sin ningún tipo de control. Una pena porque con un buen equipo detrás habría sido bastante interesante
  30. Apr 14, 2014
    Don't fall for this money grabbing trap. Don't even waste time reading the reviews! Leave while you still can! You've gone far enough already! Don't play this game! Or even think about it! The developers of this game should all be fired and sentenced to life imprisonment and their forums shut down! All they want you to do is to buy the game and then spend money in the market or buyingDon't fall for this money grabbing trap. Don't even waste time reading the reviews! Leave while you still can! You've gone far enough already! Don't play this game! Or even think about it! The developers of this game should all be fired and sentenced to life imprisonment and their forums shut down! All they want you to do is to buy the game and then spend money in the market or buying private server. This game is absolute garbage! It stinks! Expand

1. PC PowerPlay
    Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.