1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 4040 Ratings

1. Dec 19, 2012
    A cheap cash grab, that's all. Reskinned War.Inc made to profit from the dayz zombie craze as much as possible.

Also the developers are worse than EA and Activision combined.
  2. Dec 19, 2012
    This game has been an obvious scam since the day it was announced. Cash shop in a sandbox game based around scavenging items, at least it was worth a laugh.
  3. Jan 7, 2013
    Game is **** Believe me. I have it since October and is utter crap - it's FILLED with hackers, I mean crawling, I mean my guess is at least 60-70% of all players have any form of hack, at least ESP. Graphics are ****ty beyond belief (watch a video on YouTube and witness yourself); developers are shady, despot liars that will ban you for your opinions on the forum, and so on, and so forth.Game is **** Believe me. I have it since October and is utter crap - it's FILLED with hackers, I mean crawling, I mean my guess is at least 60-70% of all players have any form of hack, at least ESP. Graphics are ****ty beyond belief (watch a video on YouTube and witness yourself); developers are shady, despot liars that will ban you for your opinions on the forum, and so on, and so forth. Game is build on the hype generated by DayZ. All these guys at Hammerpoint want is YOUR MONEY, so DON'T GIVE IT TO THEM. Do yourself a favor and don't buy this piece of **** Expand
  4. Jan 4, 2013
    I bought this game for full price, legendary package.

This game is a scam. Stay Away.

The War Z is a total disaster. The worst zombie game ever made.
  5. Dec 19, 2012
    The War Z is easily one of the worst games i've ever played. I'd say it's beaten only by Big Rigs, a game made by the same people (what a surprise!). Even the name alone is a straight rip off of Day Z. The game itself plays completely awful and after an hour I had a headache and wanted to throw up. The graphics would disgust a N64 and the gameplay is rougher than sandpaper. It doesn'tThe War Z is easily one of the worst games i've ever played. I'd say it's beaten only by Big Rigs, a game made by the same people (what a surprise!). Even the name alone is a straight rip off of Day Z. The game itself plays completely awful and after an hour I had a headache and wanted to throw up. The graphics would disgust a N64 and the gameplay is rougher than sandpaper. It doesn't excel at fun or realism. If you would like to enjoy a zombie apocalypse game, I would suggest Day Z instead of this cheap ripoff. Expand
  6. Jan 4, 2013
    This game is a total flop in gaming history. Nothing but lies and unprofessional behaviour from the developers side, which leaves a game that is unpolished, unfinished and extremely disapointed thought through.
  7. Dec 19, 2012
    Probably the worst game I have ever played. This game is completely unfinished, yet released on steam as a finished game, asking for a whole $15 for it. Textures suck, Animations suck, and there are bugs everywhere. Hacking in the game is rampant, which is a huge problem considering you loose all your items, and it takes 4 whole hours to play again once you get killed (by another hackingProbably the worst game I have ever played. This game is completely unfinished, yet released on steam as a finished game, asking for a whole $15 for it. Textures suck, Animations suck, and there are bugs everywhere. Hacking in the game is rampant, which is a huge problem considering you loose all your items, and it takes 4 whole hours to play again once you get killed (by another hacking playing in 9 out of 10 cases). It is a cash scam, plain and simple. I am sure this game will not be supported, and there will be no servers 6 months from now. Save your self the time and the money and do not buy this game. Play something else, pretty much anything else. Expand
  8. Jan 1, 2013
    This game was AT THE VERY LEAST 2-5 months of development away until it would be ready for general consumption. And then for any fan complaining about the poor conditions of the game to be silenced or banned for doing so. This game is without question illegal to sell to any consumer for its incredibly false advertisement of features that never were released into the actual game. STAY AWAYThis game was AT THE VERY LEAST 2-5 months of development away until it would be ready for general consumption. And then for any fan complaining about the poor conditions of the game to be silenced or banned for doing so. This game is without question illegal to sell to any consumer for its incredibly false advertisement of features that never were released into the actual game. STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME Expand
  9. Dec 19, 2012
    Words cannot simply describe how bad this game is, but I'll do my best. First off, if you're a War Z fan boy, don't bother telling me about how the game is only in alpha/beta. The developers clearly 'forgot' to mention this fact on the Steam store page. Thousands of people have purchased it, expecting a finished game, yet they have received an absolute **** fest.

Let's get down to my

Let's get down to my initial experience. As a regular DayZ player I least have some knowledge of how to play this sort of game. During my first life, I went to a trailer park and found two unarmed players. I got to talking to them and we agreed to team. Within about 5 seconds of me turning my back they began to hit me with their flashlights (note: I stated to them that I had nothing of worth, as did they). I tried to run away but thanks to the game's ****ty stamina system, I died.

5 minutes into my second life, I ran into a building in a small town looking for loot and was immediately killed by someone wielding a knife. No hesitation, no time to react, dead.

5 minutes into my third life the same pretty much happened but it was at a different location on the map and they killed me with a gun this time. (note: I had nothing, I was barely even a threat, I didn't even go close to them before they shot/stabbed me down).

Barely 3 minutes into my fourth (and final) life I was shot by sniper, completely out of the blue for no reason. After that I decided that I'd had enough.

It's basically Call of Duty with overpowered zombies thrown in. They kill you in about 5 hits and when you're stamina runs out (which it does fairly quickly) they run faster than you.

It's bad enough that they had to copy DayZ but they've done such a bad job of it.

If you're thinking about buying this game I strongly recommend that you don't. Wait for the DayZ standalone.

TL;DR: CoD with Zombies. Awful game.
  10. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is a fraud. Not a single claimed feature is true, the game is buggy and boring.
    Some Textures are worse than sprites from DooM, and the gameplay feels almost non-existant.
  11. Dec 24, 2012
    I paid 50 bucks for this (Legendary) and honestly would have rather spent my money on a blowjob from a cheap hooker named Martha with no teeth. DO NOT BUY THIS GARBAGE.
  12. Dec 18, 2012
    I believe that the choices made by the dev of WarZ are terrible and should receive a score of 0. The fact that they changed the respawn limit from 1 hour to a 4 hour wait or pay 50gc which is in-game money that is bought with real money.
  13. Dec 18, 2012
    This Game is a Scam.....Do not buy.... Just google it and you will see many reasons.

The idea and concept behind War Z would be a winner in most every gamers library, unfortunately it has been poorly executed by Hammerpoint. There is a massive population of gamers who would enjoy playing a true Zombie Survival MMO, however this game falls short in all 3 of those words. ◎ Zombie. There are zombies in the game, and is probably the highest selling point for this game. Unfortunately the zombies are pointless in the game, and leave much to be desired. One would think in a Zombie Survival game, your biggest fear would be zombies. This is untrue. Players are your worst enemy, and zombies are there to be filler and annoying at most.
  14. Dec 18, 2012
    OK Sergei you asked for review... Idea of the game is nice, not matter who ripped it from who *cough* stolen from Rocket *cough* . If we forget all rip-off and all this idea stealing (even the Foundation release name stolen from DayZ) Let's forget ALL of that and see what we have here: We have nice idea, we have some what good base on what to build but it needs to be build beforeOK Sergei you asked for review... Idea of the game is nice, not matter who ripped it from who *cough* stolen from Rocket *cough* . If we forget all rip-off and all this idea stealing (even the Foundation release name stolen from DayZ) Let's forget ALL of that and see what we have here: We have nice idea, we have some what good base on what to build but it needs to be build before releasing. This game is still in EARLY alpha phase. You can't just release something that's COMPLETELY undone! Steam should be ashamed of them self for selling this and advertising it as a complete game! There's not one mention on steam page that the game is still in developement..even thou Main Dev Sergei claims all mmo's are constantly developed it does not mean you can publish something that's clearly still in ALPHA! Steam page is full of lies and your sad interview trying to cover those lies (http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html) is not doing you any good. You are just money scamming douchebag mr. Sergei!

I strongly, I repeat STRONGLY advice to invest your money into something else then WarZ. Drink it. Drink beer till you vomit all over your moms carpet and pass out lying on it, vomit all over you.. . That's better investment then putting your money into something as bad as this sad excuse of a game is!
  15. Dec 18, 2012
    This is literally the one of the worst games I've ever played. I bought it on Steam, but little did I know that the claims made by the developers were nothing more than simple marketing. The game is still in alpha or very early beta (even though they fail to inform costumers of this) and is nearly unplayable. The textures are terrible, models fail to load, the servers are unable to handleThis is literally the one of the worst games I've ever played. I bought it on Steam, but little did I know that the claims made by the developers were nothing more than simple marketing. The game is still in alpha or very early beta (even though they fail to inform costumers of this) and is nearly unplayable. The textures are terrible, models fail to load, the servers are unable to handle their advertised capacity, the AI is laughable, the success of your character depends on how much you are willing to spend on in-game micro transactions. Also, do not think of asking for a refund. The company behind the game threatens to blacklist you with their credit processor (meaning that if you they give you a refund, it could very well make it hard/impossible to buy things online). All in all, stay away; this game is very nearly painful to play. If you are a fan of zombie survival games, either play DayZ, an ARMA II mod, or wait until DayZ releases the standalone game. Expand
  16. Dec 18, 2012
    Not much else to do in this game other then die really. Shady support, shady lead developer, shady way of dealing with hackers, everything about this game is shady. On comparison of this game and War Inc., it's nothing more then a slightly re-skinned version of War Inc with some zombies thrown in.
  17. Dec 18, 2012
    I was really hoping for a great game, knew it was in development so I didn't expect much. But what I didn't expect at all was to get F'ed in the A by the worst developers in the history of gaming (Big Rig Truckers anyone?) I highly recommend you do NOT buy this game under any circomstances, even if a criminal is holding you hostage and threatening to prick you with a needle that containsI was really hoping for a great game, knew it was in development so I didn't expect much. But what I didn't expect at all was to get F'ed in the A by the worst developers in the history of gaming (Big Rig Truckers anyone?) I highly recommend you do NOT buy this game under any circomstances, even if a criminal is holding you hostage and threatening to prick you with a needle that contains the aids virus, do NOT get this. Expand
  18. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is an absolute abomination. The developers lie and scam their way to undermine the real work of the DayZ mod creator. They are trying to get money from people who don't understand the difference. They WILL say or do nearly anything to either, A. Convince you that their game is actually functional. B. Make sure you are silenced otherwise. DO NOT SUPPORT THEM IN ANY WAY!
  19. Dec 19, 2012
    The makers of this game is a joke. Mass banning and silence of the community. They should kill themselves for charging people for a beta game. ****
  20. Dec 19, 2012
    I am ashamed of what i saw. A friend of mine pushed me hard for buying this, he was so excited that i fell into this without even checking a forum.
    What a big mistake it was! I bought the game in ALPHA stage, tried to play it for 2 days but then i really was upset at my friends for making me buy such an horrible product.
    This happened i guess around 3-4 weeks ago. Now i find out that the
    This happened i guess around 3-4 weeks ago. Now i find out that the game is being sold at a LOWER PRICE than the one i payed when it was in alpha stage. This is a total JOKE and i'm going to ask for a refund, let's hope the marketing office has a decent behavior to customers, considering the dev team did one of the most horrible works i've ever had the (bad) luck to play.
  21. Dec 19, 2012
    Literally the worst game I've ever played. People hate on Bethesda for releasing unfinished games...you are looking at the KING of unfinished games here.There's a lot of running around through environments that looked great back on the original Ghost Recon, only the weapons don't handle nearly as well. I really loved getting killed every three minutes because I got stuck in an invisibleLiterally the worst game I've ever played. People hate on Bethesda for releasing unfinished games...you are looking at the KING of unfinished games here.There's a lot of running around through environments that looked great back on the original Ghost Recon, only the weapons don't handle nearly as well. I really loved getting killed every three minutes because I got stuck in an invisible wall. This isn't a game, it's a shameless cash-grab. Expand
  22. Dec 19, 2012
    Godawful game with developers depending on scamming with lies and false hopes just to make a quick money.

Stay away! If you really want to be informed in detail about the things that everyone is talking about, check out this blog http://warzscam.tumblr.com/ and everything will become crystal clear. My only hope is that my review will help someone out there from wasting his money on

Stay away!

If you really want to be informed in detail about the things that everyone is talking about, check out this blog http://warzscam.tumblr.com/ and everything will become crystal clear. My only hope is that my review will help someone out there from wasting his money on the product of scammers!
  23. Dec 19, 2012
    Released on Steam with multiple false claims about the game and empty promises. Game is very buggy, purchased items in-game are lost on death, even if you die by a bug/glitch (invisible players, the insane zombie reach). Reviews with the developers are shady and developers actions within the community are shady in general.
  24. Scx
    Dec 19, 2012
    As an avid fan of zombie games and survival horror, I specifically signed up to metacritic to warn everyone about the atrocity and utter abomination of a game this is.

Graphics: 0/10, running on very high, textures, terrain and models looks like they belong in Half life, the original, released in 1998...14 years ago..... Gameplay: 1/10, Stealth does not function properly, zombie AI

Gameplay: 1/10, Stealth does not function properly, zombie AI in this game behave like walls and objects do not exist and will detect you no matter where you are, zombies kill you in 4 hits(intentional as you will have to pay more money to play, hence why its so brutal), when you die there is a 4 hour respawn timer, which means if you die with all 5 characters, you will essentially have to pay more money to revive your character if you want to continue playing. No in game voice chat, only text, object spawn in places you cannot get to, hats occupy 99% of the item spawns.

Sound: 0/10 A random collection of noises, that seem to drive you insane after the first 5 minutes.

Bugs: there are so many bugs and glitches, invisible players, invisible weapons, sliding down a meter down a hill takes away half your health, glitches through buildings, teleport glitches, invisble walls, broken animations, texture bugs, the list goes on

Microtransactions: once you buy an item and you die, you loose it for good BE WARNED.

False advertising ! On the steam page, it advertises for multiple maps up to 400square kms, skill points, private servers, up to 100 player servers. The game currently has ONE map with 100kms, NO skill point mechanic, Servers with max of only 50 people, NO private servers available.

STAY as far away from this game as possible, this has the be one of the most disgusting piece of work, i have ever played
  25. Dec 19, 2012
    Purchased this game on steam when it came out as I'm always interested in zombie survival games, boy was I in for a surprise.

First of all, none of the features mentioned on the steam store page were in this game at the time of launch: -No 100 player servers -No 100-400km2 worlds/maps (there was only 1 70km2 map, with plenty of invisible walls) -No Private servers No Skills No

-No Private servers
    No Skills
    No Hardcore mode.

And now onto the bad parts:

-No swimming, not even shallow riverbeds, enjoy walking around for 20 minuts just to cross a small creek
    -Zombies are constantly bugging out
    -Slow ass movement speed (you run out of breath in about 10-15 sec sprint and zombies move almost as fast as you do)
    -Horrible (worse than bethesda) animations, and I mean total ass unlike anything I've ever seen before
    -Vomit inducing FOV
    -Terrible textures and assets ported directly from their pay2win shooter War Inc
    -Hitboxes which suck ass
    -Bad performance on a decent PC (i5 2500k @ 4ghz and a 560 TI) while still looking like ****
    -PAY TO RESPAWN (this is not a joke, you have to pay to respawn or you have to wait 4 hours)

If this hasn't dissuaded you from buying the game, then I don't know what will.
  26. Dec 19, 2012
    It's utter crap. Now they chaged revive time from one hours to four hours and if you don't want to wait you need to pay real money to revive your character. It became pay to play from pay to win game. It's just scam and wants your money.
  27. Dec 19, 2012
    I played this game since ALPHA as I am a huge Zombie Fan. I bought the $40 pack in an effort to support development and the company. From day 1 the game was unplayable as advertised. There is NO zombie game component, the game is 100% PVP. You are never killed by zombies, there are simply slow moving, easy to bash with any weapon distractions.

The game has no hack protection built in.

The game has no hack protection built in. Youtube has dozens of examples of free hacks, videos of hacks ect. Let me be clear, the game is unplayable without hacks .. I am killed within 10 mins of logging into the game EVERYTIME and I never see the person.

Everytime you die you have to wait 1 full hour before you can play that character again. Everything you were carrying is lost and you start over with NOTHING.

Having NOTHING means you can not kill a zombie, (hands sare not weapons) so you are forced to crawl around trying to hide from zombies in some weird stealth game throwback .. unfortunately hackers see you from anywhere on the map and simply run over to kill you.

Now that they have reduced the servers and packed 70 players (reduced to 50) on a server I am spawn killed all the time. I honestly can not play the game.

Finally, the company simply lies about the game features, They say the maps are 100-400 km .. unfortunately there is only 1 map that is about 75km but there are only 7-8 small areas that have spawnable items .. the rest of the world is wide open and since you starve in less than a day you are forced (weaponless) into the small number of 10-25 building towns. Even worse each town only has 2-3 areas where good items spawn .. those are camped by hackers or just clan groups of "bandits" who kill everyone on sight.

This game is dead on arrival, do not buy it .. do not support this criminal company.
  28. Dec 19, 2012
    Bought this game a few months ago after all of the hype. Probably the worst $25 I have ever spent on any game in my entire lifetime. The developers say "This game isn't pay to win!" Yet you can spend REAL money, to buy items in-game, to help you beat another player that you fights, or help fight of an oncoming hoard of zombies. Who the **** adds in a store where you can buy **** to aBought this game a few months ago after all of the hype. Probably the worst $25 I have ever spent on any game in my entire lifetime. The developers say "This game isn't pay to win!" Yet you can spend REAL money, to buy items in-game, to help you beat another player that you fights, or help fight of an oncoming hoard of zombies. Who the **** adds in a store where you can buy **** to a ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GAME. The whole ****ing point is to survive off the land, and find stuff around the map. Not to mention the terrible optimization of the game, accompanied with absolutely **** graphics that looks like my dog has just eaten something green and then shat it our onto the computer screen. The developers are full of lies, and there isn't ONE thing that is remotely true on their webpage or steam page.

Personally I do not even know why Valve added this game to steam, or why the developers are still updating the game, or why the fanboys can't just get the **** over the fact that they WASTED their $25-50, and stop defending the **** stain that lies on my computer screen.

Please. PLEASE! Do not even bother thinking about buying this game, but if you do, don't bother asking for a refund, because they will just blacklist you.

OK I have said enough.
  29. Dec 19, 2012
    Scary thing is I almost bought this piece of crap! Before I clicked the "purchase" button and confirm payment I decided to check the death penalty. If it was like DayZ, no problem... That is when I saw 1 hour of waiting time, 12 hours planed... 5 character slots. Bugs, bad animation, recycled crap, tiny map... Then I found out about the Big Rigs game and the head honcho who worked there isScary thing is I almost bought this piece of crap! Before I clicked the "purchase" button and confirm payment I decided to check the death penalty. If it was like DayZ, no problem... That is when I saw 1 hour of waiting time, 12 hours planed... 5 character slots. Bugs, bad animation, recycled crap, tiny map... Then I found out about the Big Rigs game and the head honcho who worked there is the same as the one working in "the War Z". I quickly closed it, took it out of my wish-list and spread to all my friend virtual and real how crap this thing is.

AVOID IT.
  30. Dec 19, 2012
    Worst game I've ever purchased and the one and only time I've ever gotten a refund for a game purchase. I won't be buying another product from hammerpoint studios as a result of their shady business methods and blatant false advertisement.

1. PC PowerPlay
    Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.