1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 4014 Ratings

1. Dec 19, 2012
    The people who made this game are straight up con artists. After the game started selling from false advertising on features that aren't even in the game; they added a 4 hour respawn time to your character and give you the option to pay real money to bring your character back to life so you don't have to wait 4 damn hours to start playing again. Skip this abortion of a game.
  2. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is a scam. Spent hard earned cash on it, and it really hurts knowing that Titov the scumbag is making off with it now. Don't care about the merits of the game-- it was blatantly false advertising.
  3. Dec 19, 2012
    Game is a waste of everyones time unless you like to give your money away to random bums that make video games so you can support thier third world living expenses. Its a scam and rip off.
  4. Dec 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Awful zombie logic's , (The zombies logics should be perfect as its the only part of the game that isnt stolen from war inc.) , Lot's of hackers (No anti-cheat has been developed) , Random bannings. Dev's spawning in weapons and calling customers **** (Prejudice towards homosexuals) , Overall the game should be closed down and all customers to be refunded the full amount paid.

Sergey titov , You have failed :L
  5. Dec 19, 2012
    I have been banned from the "community forum" for voicing my concerns about the game. It seems they do not want ANYONE saying anything but good things. And that is not possible because they have delivered about 10% of what they promised. Their treatment of customers is horrific, and the forum is moderated by horrible egotistical self absorbed nubs. Its a horrible game with terribleI have been banned from the "community forum" for voicing my concerns about the game. It seems they do not want ANYONE saying anything but good things. And that is not possible because they have delivered about 10% of what they promised. Their treatment of customers is horrific, and the forum is moderated by horrible egotistical self absorbed nubs. Its a horrible game with terrible graphics, with atrocious animations and as far as I see no real future. This game will always have a core following of hardcore Sergey c**k suckers but they are all ruining what could have been a good game. If the dev team listened to the critics and not the butt lickers and realized how bad a job they have done then maybe they could redeem themselves, but i think it is to late for that, so RIP WarZ. Expand
  6. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is absolute garbage. In the best case scenario it could be called an alpha version, yet the developer claims it's a "Foundation Release" and does not mention the game is an alpha or beta version. Many promised features were never released so far though the marketing and advertising about this game is very strong and attractive. With the false advertising aside, the game is andThis game is absolute garbage. In the best case scenario it could be called an alpha version, yet the developer claims it's a "Foundation Release" and does not mention the game is an alpha or beta version. Many promised features were never released so far though the marketing and advertising about this game is very strong and attractive. With the false advertising aside, the game is and plays garbage. Game mechanics, visuals and audio are terrible. Stay away. If you bought on Steam ask for a refund. Best thing you can do with this game is get your money back. Expand
  7. Fal
    Dec 19, 2012
    Just helping Sergey Titov accomplish his dream of creating the top 3 worst rated games on Metacritic. Go dude, you've almost beaten Big Rigs!

Game is bad: terrible graphics, animations, combat system, almost all the features they claim to be in the game are missing, it has an abusive cash shop & micro-transactions system (must pay to expand clan slots to an acceptable number [starting number is not even enough for 4 people], etc.). I could keep going.

Don't buy, spend your money elsewhere.
  8. Dec 19, 2012
    Nevermind that is a ripoff riding on the coattails of a popular - soon to be standalone mod, or the entrapment bans, or the ripped art assets, or the mods cheating, or increased revival times with paid respawns, falling damage bugs, poor graphics, bad textures, or the poor customer service denying people refunds because they played more than 15 minutes. This game is an unfinished piece ofNevermind that is a ripoff riding on the coattails of a popular - soon to be standalone mod, or the entrapment bans, or the ripped art assets, or the mods cheating, or increased revival times with paid respawns, falling damage bugs, poor graphics, bad textures, or the poor customer service denying people refunds because they played more than 15 minutes. This game is an unfinished piece of **** from the developers of Big Rigs. The fact that there is even controversy and that it got pulled from Steam should tell you all you need to know. Expand
  9. Dec 19, 2012
    dirty tactics, scamming, micro-transactions in pre-payed game, acting as refund is a fraud... The game itself would be OK (4/10) as a free to play, but now it's a complete garbage with terrible studio behind.
  10. Dec 19, 2012
    I'm begging you to please not buy the game. All you'll get is disappointment. The game is completely broken, the Devs are liars and falsely advertise, hacker run rampant through their servers, there are severe issues on nearly every front. It's simply not worth your time and certainly not worth your money. I do appreciate Steam granting refunds however. I feel bad that they got caughtI'm begging you to please not buy the game. All you'll get is disappointment. The game is completely broken, the Devs are liars and falsely advertise, hacker run rampant through their servers, there are severe issues on nearly every front. It's simply not worth your time and certainly not worth your money. I do appreciate Steam granting refunds however. I feel bad that they got caught in the middle of this...Steam's name never should've been associated with the crooks behind War Z. Expand
  11. Dec 19, 2012
    Seriously, don't buy this game. I've had this since Beta and if anything it's getting worse. The creator of this game bans people for posting negative comments on their forum. Worst of all the newest service agreement makes you sign away your rights to request a refund.

Seriously, don't buy this game.
  12. Dec 19, 2012
    The concept is good. The execution is poor. At minimum there should be a new player server, without PvP. This would allow new players to get a foothold in the game, and make some in game friends, without being murdered 24/7/365 by the established players. A faster transportation system is need. Maybe swap stamina, and some food for instant movement to a new location. The further theThe concept is good. The execution is poor. At minimum there should be a new player server, without PvP. This would allow new players to get a foothold in the game, and make some in game friends, without being murdered 24/7/365 by the established players. A faster transportation system is need. Maybe swap stamina, and some food for instant movement to a new location. The further the transfer the more resources are required in exchange. Walking for hours to collect scraps sucks, when the established snipers pick you off for a granola bar. Also I can jump off a Humvee without getting hurt, but walking down a slight incline sometimes hurts me. There are many other issues, but I think everyone covered those just fine. The initial rate of purchase from Steam shows that a game with this concept would perform well financially. However, as of Dec 19, 2012 this is not an enjoyable game as is. However, if the developers fix some serious game balance issues it could be fun... Expand
  13. Dec 19, 2012
    This is a terrible game, its so bad its not even funny, its like big rigs with zombies and campers trying to kill you, and bugs trying to kill you , hills also try to kill you and you cant even sprint properly or swim.
  14. Dec 19, 2012
    This game can only be referred to as a scam, it is buggy and has not promised any of its improvements. Although its rather hard for Beta game to get worse as it goes through, it is managing it. The game is buggy and crashes often. The game is highly focused on "Paying to win" and will ask you to waste more of your money as time goes on. Assuming you do enjoy the game, but ever need toThis game can only be referred to as a scam, it is buggy and has not promised any of its improvements. Although its rather hard for Beta game to get worse as it goes through, it is managing it. The game is buggy and crashes often. The game is highly focused on "Paying to win" and will ask you to waste more of your money as time goes on. Assuming you do enjoy the game, but ever need to contact the support department, good luck, you will need several weeks to wait, if you are lucky you will get through to the extremely rude staff quicker. Expand
  15. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is not even close to being a beta lots of features missing and a new patch that makes it so you have to pay real money if you want to spawn more then once every 4 hours. A developer who commits fraud then blames it on the customers inability to read his mind. God forbid you have a problem and have to use their forums good luck not getting banned for simply stating what wrongThis game is not even close to being a beta lots of features missing and a new patch that makes it so you have to pay real money if you want to spawn more then once every 4 hours. A developer who commits fraud then blames it on the customers inability to read his mind. God forbid you have a problem and have to use their forums good luck not getting banned for simply stating what wrong with the game. All in all one of the worst customer experiences I've ever seen. Going back and playing Big Rigs would be less painful. Expand
  16. Dec 19, 2012
    Holy Hell it's a bad game... That's without even considering the developers less than moral standpoint on free speech and peoples rights. I could go on, but I will summarize with the following points

It looks both aesthetically and graphically poor, while this isn't a major issue it stands for something a developer wishes to charge the amount of money they are for. It plays like utter

It plays like utter rubbish, not in comparison to day-z because that also plays poorly, but in comparison to -everything-. Believe me, the game I created for my final year of university project was pretty bad, but still plays better than this.

All in all, without taking this developers serious amounts of less than perfect behaviour and such a PR department that seems to live on the moon in to account. This game doesn't deserve the score of 0... However it is the lowest score that this site allows me to offer.
  17. Dec 19, 2012
    Horrible game. Graphics even on high look horrible, the animations of the zombies are horrible, it takes a minute or two to load even player skins (so you could be killed by an invisible player before you realise it) The 'Pay real money to virtually respawn' option is a huge joke. They said that many features were implemented then redacted that comment to say they're all either on the wayHorrible game. Graphics even on high look horrible, the animations of the zombies are horrible, it takes a minute or two to load even player skins (so you could be killed by an invisible player before you realise it) The 'Pay real money to virtually respawn' option is a huge joke. They said that many features were implemented then redacted that comment to say they're all either on the way or were at least ideas in the idiotic minds at Hammerpoint.

This is a bad game, they should feel bad for making it (well, making half a game then trying to sell it as a full game)
  18. Jan 31, 2014
    This game is useless. It is by far the most overprized piece of crap ever launched on Steam. I want my money back. This is a pure ripoff of the actually interresting DayZ. Developer claims things like they were first and what not which is totally wrong. Also people are getting banned from the official forums if they post critisism.
  19. Dec 19, 2012
    I CANT **** believe it, these **** STOLE MY MONEY!!!!!

I purchased off steam and played for two hours wandering around a city when I suddenly got disconnected and permanently banned for NO REASON what so ever!

I'm messaging the Better Business Bureau, anyone else who got screwed by these guys do the same!
  20. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is actually frankly considerably utterly **** The graphics / low-res textures, bad Zombie AI, no Voice Chat, nothing that makes people think about their consequences, small map, fast paced (Call of Duty style) zombie survival with terrible mechanics. They have managed to copy nearly everything from other games (I.E Crisis, Day Z mod for ARMA II, Call of Duty, and War Inc (justThis game is actually frankly considerably utterly **** The graphics / low-res textures, bad Zombie AI, no Voice Chat, nothing that makes people think about their consequences, small map, fast paced (Call of Duty style) zombie survival with terrible mechanics. They have managed to copy nearly everything from other games (I.E Crisis, Day Z mod for ARMA II, Call of Duty, and War Inc (just straight up using same models as that). DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  21. Dec 19, 2012
    I purchased this game thinking it might be a worthwhile alternative to spend my time on until Day Z standalone is released. It's not. The gameplay is not up to par, the advertising on Steam was misleading, and it feels like a cheap Day Z clone. Thankfully Steam have offered a refund, and I've returned to playing the Day Z mod. Not worth your consideration for purchasing.
  22. Dec 19, 2012
    They ban players from forum, they ban players from the game. 5 days without aswer to suport tickets. this is a scam to take our money....
    This game is TERRIBLE. The features are all crappy rip-offs of features DayZ has, and the Dev's wishlist is the same. The screenshots featured in advertisements are LIES. they feature actions that are literally impossible in the game. The clan feature is only available in the in-game store, usually a free feature in MMO's.
  23. Dec 19, 2012
    Terrible, unfinished game made by the guy who brought you smash hits like "Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing." Nothing but a complete ripoff and cash grab from the success of the highly successful Arma 2 mod "Day Z." Avoid at all costs.
  24. Dec 19, 2012
    o7 all,

First of all: I´m a Gamer! mainly all said in the first 2 articles, but its insane how nearly ALL game communities raging about this Scam. I bought it Pre Alpha and don´t whine about the Fail of itand also doesn´t care about the 20 bugs i paid. The Money is not the point in this case, its about Devs keep constanty lying a honorable Community that where
    o7 all,

First of all: I´m a Gamer!

mainly all said in the first 2 articles, but its insane how nearly ALL game communities raging about this Scam. I bought it Pre Alpha and don´t whine about the Fail of itand also doesn´t care about the 20 bugs i paid. The Money is not the point in this case, its about Devs keep constanty lying a honorable Community that where extremly excited about the upcomming Game War Z.
    You all know the Game i mean, wee saw awesome Screenshots with Hordes of Zombies attracted by a Flare that this character lighted up. (http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2012/07/WarZNight32.jpg), remember huh? .... but i didnt bought this game obviously. I bought this Game (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtKAm3nzg6I)

I personally stopped playing after the first 3 Weeks beacause no evident game Change came up. Also the Hacker took the Wrath of God onto every Server and you can see every Day people complaining about getting killed by hacker, esp botter etc. the shady behavior of the Dev Team and their Forum Mods is the wrong way. they constantly deleting EVERY negative Thread posted on the official and the Steam Forums. EVERY DAY !! Also the good written ones where no one is flaming: TH!S GAME§ SUC(KS and so on. They´re not trying to solve problems with their community they just keep shutting eyes in front of it.

The Steam Advertisement still telling potetial "NEW" Customers through Steam FALSE Game and Key Features, anyway today Steam removed the Price Buttons because this isn´t near to be ready. Speaking the Truth this Game is REALLY FAR from ready, its a late Alpha Stage, maybe a Testing Beta Phase of this Game. I played a lot of Games since my starting Days in '93, also helped in a lot of Alphas and Betas to build and grow up but I recently never saw a Company and Developer Team that where so Fail in their Jobs like these Guys. A real Shame for every honest Gamer and hopefully newcommin Devs doesn´t show the same disrespect to such a great Com than these we are, The Gamers!

25. Dec 19, 2012
    I feel sorry for the people who have been suckered into purchasing this atrocity... It is clearly a desperate sham of a game to follow in DayZ's shadow. With no leverage above DayZ, in that there's nothing that can in any way make the game compete with the Arma II mod at all, false promises and expectations will be the downfall of the game, and maybe the company.
  26. Dec 19, 2012
    Such a scam I bought into the legend pack for 50 bucks played like crazy and after the last patch i got a perma ban and they wont answer my ticket as to why they banned me when ive never hacked. Blam this game is a pile of ****
  27. Dec 19, 2012
    The devs couldn't make a decent game so they just reskinned Big Rigs. Within five seconds of playing, it gets pretty obvious. In your first zombie encounter, you'll notice that the zombies are oddly truck-shaped. Okay, well graphics aren't everything, you say. I agree, but the zombies don't even move! They just **** stand there going "Hurdur" while the player smashes its face. How is it aThe devs couldn't make a decent game so they just reskinned Big Rigs. Within five seconds of playing, it gets pretty obvious. In your first zombie encounter, you'll notice that the zombies are oddly truck-shaped. Okay, well graphics aren't everything, you say. I agree, but the zombies don't even move! They just **** stand there going "Hurdur" while the player smashes its face. How is it a zombie survival if the zombies can't even kill you? My biggest gripe with the game is the pre-order bonus. If you bought it before September 31st, you get some naked pics of Sergey Titov's mother. Seriously, what the **** in the **** **** It's just another atrocious example of the dev's blatant false advertising. The picture I recieved was a hairy man with **** nothing like what I expected to get. The devs never try to explain that Titov's mother is an inbred transvestite. The consumer is lead to believe that they are paying for premium pornography. The company's business practices are disgusting. DO NOT GET THIS GAME. Expand
  28. Dec 19, 2012
    The game was okay, but it's now Pay2win. The community is **** and the devs are **** Don't buy the game if you want to risk dissapointment. Sergey Titov does not know what he is doing.
  29. Dec 19, 2012
    Lies around EVERY corner. Can't you fix anything?

P.S. I'll admit it, you fooled me. Good thing Steam is doing refunds, and hopefully you all go out of business.
  30. Dec 19, 2012
    There is a reason Steam pulled the product from sale, offering refund to any who bought. False advertising, publishing unfinished product and overall just a broken and a crappy game to play
  31. Dec 19, 2012
    LOL This game is full of butthurt **** Don't even try buying this game, because you'll either get **** over due to the Devs being such greedy **** and for marketing a game that hasn't even finished yet. Not only that, they'll find a way around to stab you in the back, trust me, this will happen soon and finally, the stupid fanboys. Oh man so much hate, lol it makes my tears moist.
  32. Dec 19, 2012
    I have nothing else to add that hasn't already been said. The game is nothing more than a gimmick trying to con you out of your money. They lied in their game description and copy-pasted League of Legend's terms of service. DO NOT GIVE THEM A DIME.
  33. Dec 19, 2012
    A terrible game by ANY standard no matter the state it claims to be in. Clunky animations, slow even punishing movement speed. Punished by stamina meter for wanting to go faster. Terrible zombie AI. Sound effects are budget game quality. Gun play has little to no physics or bullet drop. Riddled with script kiddies and cheaters. Map is only 10 sq km despite claims it is 100. TheA terrible game by ANY standard no matter the state it claims to be in. Clunky animations, slow even punishing movement speed. Punished by stamina meter for wanting to go faster. Terrible zombie AI. Sound effects are budget game quality. Gun play has little to no physics or bullet drop. Riddled with script kiddies and cheaters. Map is only 10 sq km despite claims it is 100. The devs are shady and like to pretend they do not work for the company while talking up their game.

DO NOT BUY
  34. Dec 19, 2012
    This game doesn't live up to the hype. Misrepresented screenshots and features misled many to prepurchase this game. I was one of the unlucky ones that bought this before there were reviews available on the internet. I tried to like this game, I REALLY did, but the behavior of the dev's is unprofessional and accusing when addressing issues from the community. Ban's have been dished out toThis game doesn't live up to the hype. Misrepresented screenshots and features misled many to prepurchase this game. I was one of the unlucky ones that bought this before there were reviews available on the internet. I tried to like this game, I REALLY did, but the behavior of the dev's is unprofessional and accusing when addressing issues from the community. Ban's have been dished out to people for showing criticism on the forums or in game chat. Behavior issues aside, this game is not good. It will take a lot of work to get where Hammerpoint wants it. Multiple issues take away from this game. The textures look like something out of an original Xbox game as well as a lot of the modeling. There are numerous hackers in every server. Many others started using hacks to stay alive from the hacking bandits. The models are poorly put together in some places and leave gaps that are only visible from one angle. Few are friendly and a 4 hour wait to respawn makes it apparent the developers don't really want you to PLAY, just give money. Speaking of money, it costs 50GC (which equates to $0.40 USD) to revive yourself early (and definitely is part of a Pay2Win feature in my book.) Ridiculous. As someone who bought into the hype and have already purchased this, I recommend skipping this game. Expand
  35. Dec 19, 2012
    Do not buy this game they are braking many laws and are one of the worst developers i have ever seen.
    They have no respect for there customers and cheat the system.
    Im glad i can get a refund from steam.
  36. Dec 19, 2012
    I bought this game on 18-12-2012. I was expecting a polished game with the stuff they promised but noooooo. Not a single F*CKING thing. First they changed the respawn time from 1 hour to 4 hours per character, second they let you pay for almost everything, third everything is buggy as hell, fourth its just a complete port from War Inc. I could continue all day long but this game isI bought this game on 18-12-2012. I was expecting a polished game with the stuff they promised but noooooo. Not a single F*CKING thing. First they changed the respawn time from 1 hour to 4 hours per character, second they let you pay for almost everything, third everything is buggy as hell, fourth its just a complete port from War Inc. I could continue all day long but this game is deffinitely not worth its money.
    So people DONT BUY THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE!!!
  37. Dec 19, 2012
    Clearly the developers of this game have no respect for their intended market, intellectual property law, criminal law or otherwise. Their actions are literally illegal, not to mention incredibly bad business practice. In my opinion they should offer everyone who purchased the game under false pretenses an immediate and full refund with no exceptions as they clearly are not interested inClearly the developers of this game have no respect for their intended market, intellectual property law, criminal law or otherwise. Their actions are literally illegal, not to mention incredibly bad business practice. In my opinion they should offer everyone who purchased the game under false pretenses an immediate and full refund with no exceptions as they clearly are not interested in selling a product that is fit for purpose. Expand
  38. Dec 19, 2012
    I played this game since ALPHA as I am a huge Zombie Fan. I bought the $40 pack in an effort to support development and the company. From day 1 the game was unplayable as advertised. There is NO zombie game component, the game is 100% PVP. You are never killed by zombies, there are simply slow moving, easy to bash with any weapon distractions.

The game has no hack protection built in.

The game has no hack protection built in. Youtube has dozens of examples of free hacks, videos of hacks ect. Let me be clear, the game is unplayable without hacks .. I am killed within 10 mins of logging into the game EVERYTIME and I never see the person.

Everytime you die you have to wait 1 full hour before you can play that character again. Everything you were carrying is lost and you start over with NOTHING.

Having NOTHING means you can not kill a zombie, (hands sare not weapons) so you are forced to crawl around trying to hide from zombies in some weird stealth game throwback .. unfortunately hackers see you from anywhere on the map and simply run over to kill you.

Now that they have reduced the servers and packed 70 players (reduced to 50) on a server I am spawn killed all the time. I honestly can not play the game.

Finally, the company simply lies about the game features, They say the maps are 100-400 km .. unfortunately there is only 1 map that is about 75km but there are only 7-8 small areas that have spawnable items .. the rest of the world is wide open and since you starve in less than a day you are forced (weaponless) into the small number of 10-25 building towns. Even worse each town only has 2-3 areas where good items spawn .. those are camped by hackers or just clan groups of "bandits" who kill everyone on sight.

This game is dead on arrival, do not buy it .. do not support this criminal company.
  39. Dec 19, 2012
    DO NOT buy this game. This is a complete fraud and scam. The developers and everyone involved should go to prison. They are banning people without reason, just because they criticize the game or go against what the developers want to hear. I would say this is a joke, but it's way more serious than that!!
  40. Dec 19, 2012
    This game could of been good... But copying a mod and then failing at doing that... The fact of the matter is that they try to sell a alpha trying to say its a finished game. Then they try to sell power... It's pathetic... So pathetic valve removed it off steam... Horrible games are like bad rats... There is so much more it isn't funny...
  41. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is a spamming, lying, ripoff of DayZ! They make micro-transactions and are censoring their forums! This is a total disgrace to DayZ and should never have been made! Don't buy it as refunds aren't allowed!
  42. Dec 19, 2012
    Bought this game a few months ago after all of the hype. Probably the worst $25 I have ever spent on any game in my entire lifetime. The developers say "This game isn't pay to win!" Yet you can spend REAL money, to buy items in-game, to help you beat another player that you fights, or help fight of an oncoming hoard of zombies. Who the **** adds in a store where you can buy **** to aBought this game a few months ago after all of the hype. Probably the worst $25 I have ever spent on any game in my entire lifetime. The developers say "This game isn't pay to win!" Yet you can spend REAL money, to buy items in-game, to help you beat another player that you fights, or help fight of an oncoming hoard of zombies. Who the **** adds in a store where you can buy **** to a ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GAME. The whole ****ing point is to survive off the land, and find stuff around the map. Not to mention the terrible optimization of the game, accompanied with absolutely **** graphics that looks like my dog has just eaten something green and then shat it our onto the computer screen. The developers are full of lies, and there isn't ONE thing that is remotely true on their webpage or steam page.

Personally I do not even know why Valve added this game to steam, or why the developers are still updating the game, or why the fanboys can't just get the **** over the fact that they WASTED their $25-50, and stop defending the **** stain that lies on my computer screen.

Please. PLEASE! Do not even bother thinking about buying this game, but if you do, don't bother asking for a refund, because they will just blacklist you.

OK I have said enough.
  43. Dec 19, 2012
    Scary thing is I almost bought this piece of crap! Before I clicked the "purchase" button and confirm payment I decided to check the death penalty. If it was like DayZ, no problem... That is when I saw 1 hour of waiting time, 12 hours planed... 5 character slots. Bugs, bad animation, recycled crap, tiny map... Then I found out about the Big Rigs game and the head honcho who worked there isScary thing is I almost bought this piece of crap! Before I clicked the "purchase" button and confirm payment I decided to check the death penalty. If it was like DayZ, no problem... That is when I saw 1 hour of waiting time, 12 hours planed... 5 character slots. Bugs, bad animation, recycled crap, tiny map... Then I found out about the Big Rigs game and the head honcho who worked there is the same as the one working in "the War Z". I quickly closed it, took it out of my wish-list and spread to all my friend virtual and real how crap this thing is.

AVOID IT.
  44. Dec 19, 2012
    DON'T

Better than big rigs I'll tell you that much.
    Unless you think big rigs was really good.
    You never know.

I won't buy it.
    Too many problems with this game.
  45. Dec 19, 2012
    Purchased the game on steam expecting 100 players and several maps only to find that I was mislead as to the amount of content and the max concurrent players. I am very disappointed with this game overall, the game feels like a cheap clone of Day Z with less maps and players. I am getting a refund through steam for this as it now requires you to sign a TOS agreement stating that no refundsPurchased the game on steam expecting 100 players and several maps only to find that I was mislead as to the amount of content and the max concurrent players. I am very disappointed with this game overall, the game feels like a cheap clone of Day Z with less maps and players. I am getting a refund through steam for this as it now requires you to sign a TOS agreement stating that no refunds will be issued.

This game is a money grab and does not deliver on its promises, I cannot recommend it any less.
  46. Dec 19, 2012
    It is completely inexcusable for a company to mislead its customers. What's more, it's even worse for the company to blame its customers for 'misreading' the information.
  47. Dec 19, 2012
    Worst game I've ever purchased and the one and only time I've ever gotten a refund for a game purchase. I won't be buying another product from hammerpoint studios as a result of their shady business methods and blatant false advertisement.
  48. Dec 19, 2012
    I bought this game at the time of this review 3 months ago. It claims it is Beta which is complete and utter nonsense. I spent $20 on this game off their website and now it is on steam, I implore you not to get this game!

This game as a whole, feels like a Duke Nukem where it has been in apparent development for a few years yet as it seems from playing it two days ago and I have hated every minute of this. The whole sound system with walking (It sounds like you character is wearing concrete shoes!), a graphic quality where even playing at ultra which i currently am, looks like in some places the texture of a Xbox / Ps2 console generation and a combat system where smacking a player can kill them in two hits with a torch yet if you do it to a Zombie, you could be there for hours!! This game apparently is beyond alpha and is ready for steam (which it has been removed) which is pathetic and steam made a huge mistake there by promoting it!

Another thing which i want to bring up is the revival system (when you die you have to wait to revive your character to use it again) which at first is a clever thing in my own opinion, however, the notion of paying money to revive a dead character with real life money and then forcing you to agree to a T&C (terms and conditions) that removes your right for refunds and you cannot argue back is pretty much illegal and that side of it is pathetic and i personally cannot condone! Also with this the notion of using your own money to buy items where when you die you loose it is stupid and in no way shape or point worth it.

The things that are promised are not there, the game has had incredible bad reputation and quite honestly i can understand from their previous exploits of banning people who are requesting refunds etc of high ranking online banking systems etc.

Quite honestly, this i a rip off and i feel cheated out of my money and other zombie survival games such as Dayz which is an alpha mod which is free and a game named state of decay which is also an sandbox zombie survival style game (in the same style as dead island) where you can play over multiplayer but doesn't have the pathetic in game money scam. Watch reviews, people playing it already, video's before even going to click the buy button as this game is not worth it!
  49. Dec 19, 2012
    The War Z is a very feature lacking mod that is developing so slowly the developers kids may have to take over once they retire. The entire Hammerpoint Interactive company has tried to capitalize on the success of the wildly popular DayZ mod and has failed miserably. Hammerpoint is a bunch of money mongering douchebags and you should not buy their ****
  50. Dec 19, 2012
    Never seen a game so corrupt in its creation. EULA is copied from League of Legends, game engine and models are copied from War Inc., blatant lies about development for 2 years(was announced out of the blue after DayZ became popular) and rampant censorship on their forums
  51. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is not very good, it feels like the animations were last minute.
    It's taken the concept from dayz and tried to re-create it in a more modern-looking setting.
    It's graphics are near cartoon-like, unrealistic.. i already had so many no-clip hackers runing my gameplay. I made a complaint on the forum and they warned me for it as apparently reporting people for hacking is against
    The game is not very good, it feels like the animations were last minute.
    I made a complaint on the forum and they warned me for it as apparently reporting people for hacking is against the rules............... i'd avoid the game, it's fun for a few minutes, not worth your time.
  52. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is a scam, please do not waste your money. If you need the history of Sergei just look up Big Rigs Off the Road Racing, you won't be disappointed.
  53. Dec 19, 2012
    Game has a good foundation, but the error is how manufacturers are not listening to what the players think. they are downright miserable out of listening to us players
  54. Dec 19, 2012
    MONEY MONEY MONEY, thank god this **** game got taken off steam, and i really hope it never comes back, its nothing but a cheap rip-off from DayZ, you lied about so many features that it says on your forums. + you mean the respawn time 4 hours, or you can pay money, you greedy fat **** All warz is lies, its all lies lies lies, 100 people on a server NOPE, skill tree NOPE,
  55. Dec 19, 2012
    Thrown off steam after 24 hours. Enough said? Hackers. more?..... Developer called the players f*ggots. If thats not enough for you its Its simply a miserable game with a trolling griefing abusive community, and forums full of hate.. nothing at all to do in this game. totally filled with hackers. awful graphics. bad framerates. not one redeeming feature. horrible micropayments (pay toThrown off steam after 24 hours. Enough said? Hackers. more?..... Developer called the players f*ggots. If thats not enough for you its Its simply a miserable game with a trolling griefing abusive community, and forums full of hate.. nothing at all to do in this game. totally filled with hackers. awful graphics. bad framerates. not one redeeming feature. horrible micropayments (pay to win) system... endless list of broken or useless features... the guns are **** the sounds are poor, the animations are garbage, and it runs like crap. Expand
  56. Dec 19, 2012
    purchased this game back in alpha. the game was buggy and crashed often which i would expect from a alpha. when it came time for beta it was pushed back a month, then when the next time came it was pushed back until it was ready. the graphics engine is not optimized at all, i'm running two 7970's and a 3930k and was averaging 18fps, same system gets about 100fps running eyefinity inpurchased this game back in alpha. the game was buggy and crashed often which i would expect from a alpha. when it came time for beta it was pushed back a month, then when the next time came it was pushed back until it was ready. the graphics engine is not optimized at all, i'm running two 7970's and a 3930k and was averaging 18fps, same system gets about 100fps running eyefinity in battlefield 3. you would often, hacking is a huge problem which makes it near impossible to play, and on average you would die in the first few minutes of trying to play from another player. if you try to get help on there forum your thread just gets deleted. when you try to get a refund they ban you for "hacking" and tell you they lost your payment information. this game is horrible and would not recommend it to my worst enemy. save your money and buy a game where the company actually cares about its customers. Expand
  57. Dec 19, 2012
    Hammerpoint is the shadiest company I have ever seen, I pre-ordered this game OCT 10th and was refunded DEC 12th . I was banned for no reason and after 4 days of waiting on customer support I have yet to receive a reply. I am quite happy to see this turd finally flushing down the toilet. If you are smart you would steer clear of these immature drama filled developers. (I have beenHammerpoint is the shadiest company I have ever seen, I pre-ordered this game OCT 10th and was refunded DEC 12th . I was banned for no reason and after 4 days of waiting on customer support I have yet to receive a reply. I am quite happy to see this turd finally flushing down the toilet. If you are smart you would steer clear of these immature drama filled developers. (I have been following this game since before the Alpha was released and the amount of lies are CRAZY!!! Expand
  58. Dec 19, 2012
    A simple google search will show how bad this games community management team is. Sergey is nothing but a liar. From the horrid lies on steam to grab a quick buck from unsuspecting people. The horrid gamespy interview. He Avoids all questions. The Mods are 16 year old kids run by kwerk. they are banhappy you question a simple problem inside the game expect a warning or ban. The gameplayA simple google search will show how bad this games community management team is. Sergey is nothing but a liar. From the horrid lies on steam to grab a quick buck from unsuspecting people. The horrid gamespy interview. He Avoids all questions. The Mods are 16 year old kids run by kwerk. they are banhappy you question a simple problem inside the game expect a warning or ban. The gameplay its self isnt too bad. Most of the stuff is jacked from WAR INC and the textures are Urgh but its still enjoyable. Just be warned of the 32747247 hackers. Oh and the chance of been ban for been legit. cause than you gotta rebuy the game and sink even more money into sergeys pockets. the game recives weekly ddos hits. and wiki hacks of people uprising against sergeys Bs.. Expand
  59. Dec 19, 2012
    Don't purchase, save your money. Developers lied, cheated, and stole. They took gamers money with open arms and embraced it, while shoving out an unfinished game.
  60. Dec 19, 2012
    Unfinished, yet was released as "foundation state" or whatever they call it, full of bugs, EXTREMELY micro-transactions dependent, poor support, heavily censured community and CRAP HR
  61. Dec 19, 2012
    I literally made a metacritic account just to give this game a 0. I do not understand how anyone could be defending it. It is complete garbage. More than half of the features it claims to have are missing, it is incredibly unforgiving to new players, they want to charge you to respawn straight away, zombie AI is woeful, I could literally go on for paragraphs. I don't know if/when it willI literally made a metacritic account just to give this game a 0. I do not understand how anyone could be defending it. It is complete garbage. More than half of the features it claims to have are missing, it is incredibly unforgiving to new players, they want to charge you to respawn straight away, zombie AI is woeful, I could literally go on for paragraphs. I don't know if/when it will improve, but for now stay away. Play Day Z, it's free and far superior to this piece of rushed, flawed, unpolished piece of dog poop. Expand
  62. Dec 19, 2012
    Oh come on! 0 could be a great thing! Just look at the bright side.
  63. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is utter garbage, a very poor port over from War Inc, asking for a refund gets you threatened with being blacklisted for further online purchases!!!. its a total scam, Avoid at all costs. If I could rate this as a negative number I would.
  64. Dec 19, 2012
    no do not buy the game, do not look at the game.
    spread the word this game is a grab for money and if people just don't even bother looking at the game.
    these people should be ashamed of them self's providing false advertising which is illegal in most countries. this company should be shut down and all their games boycotted.
  65. Dec 19, 2012
    Bought this game from their website thewarz.com and decided to try it despite the reviews. Off the bat I spawned, moved down a hill and nearly killed myself for going down a 10 degree downgrade that nearly took half my health. So i took my bandages and carried on. I was really excited to play this due to the review Game informer gave it in its latest issue. Absolutely garbage says I.Bought this game from their website thewarz.com and decided to try it despite the reviews. Off the bat I spawned, moved down a hill and nearly killed myself for going down a 10 degree downgrade that nearly took half my health. So i took my bandages and carried on. I was really excited to play this due to the review Game informer gave it in its latest issue. Absolutely garbage says I. Nothing in the review was accessible in game. Guns were few and very far between, constant PKing despite having no gear at all, and random zombie agro (through a wall? I think not hammerstone) This feature should not even be on a paid-for market.. the game is simply that bad. Texture glitches, zombies that get agro from 50 meters away, and losing all of your items (even items you BOUGHT with real money through the GC trade) are Gone! That was probably the worst thing about this game. I paid an extra $20 for some Gold Coins in game which I could buy a hammer or some backpacks or med packs, ALL of which were lost when I died. Complete and utter **** Please save your $15 and wait until this game slowly bleeds to death. Expand
  66. Dec 19, 2012
    2012 War z = 1982 E.T. This might be worse than the 1982 game... I cant get over the blatant disrespect for their costumers, and fans.. This company deserves to go down into the depths of gaming hell...
  67. Dec 19, 2012
    I've never been more angry after a game purchase. I bought the game on Steam and found the features listed were blatant lies. There are no multiple maps, there is only one and the size of it is a quarter of the 400 kilometers promised. The servers hold 50 players max, not the 100 promised, and the screenshots on Steam dont look like the actusl game. But all that is inconsequential when theI've never been more angry after a game purchase. I bought the game on Steam and found the features listed were blatant lies. There are no multiple maps, there is only one and the size of it is a quarter of the 400 kilometers promised. The servers hold 50 players max, not the 100 promised, and the screenshots on Steam dont look like the actusl game. But all that is inconsequential when the game is a buggy mess that doesn't work!

This doesn't even take into account the astonishing way the dev, Hammerpoint, has handled this mess. Their "apology" consists of apologizing for the their customers being too stupid to properly read a features list. I'm sending a ticket to Steam and asking for a refund. If you had the misfortune of buying this POS I suggest you do the same.
  68. Dec 19, 2012
    Horrible game. After posting about bugs on the forum, I was repeatedly ignored. Once I started demanding a refund since the bugs wouldn't get fixed, they banned me... Terrible game. Don't buy this. If you do, they will suck the money out of you until there is nothing left.
  69. Dec 19, 2012
    Summary of the game, Spend 1 hour walking finding stuff, get killed by other players instantly. Wait 4 hours for my character to re spawn, and do it all over again. This game is set up to give people with money a better chance at playing this game more... "Oh all your characters are dead, tough shi*, you have to wait 4 hours for them to re spawn while this guy with money falling out of hisSummary of the game, Spend 1 hour walking finding stuff, get killed by other players instantly. Wait 4 hours for my character to re spawn, and do it all over again. This game is set up to give people with money a better chance at playing this game more... "Oh all your characters are dead, tough shi*, you have to wait 4 hours for them to re spawn while this guy with money falling out of his pockets gets his characters instantly.". Oh you also spend 98% of the time in this game walking, yet they couldn't even get the walking animation down right, I mean if you are going to be spending most of a video game doing something at least make it good. This game is obviously a way to drain peoples pockets. Expand
  70. Dec 19, 2012
    This game was made by scam artist criminals. I bought this game and shortly after requested a refund on PayPal after realizing how utter terrible it was in every way. I lost my money and the devs banned my game account for trying to refund. FRAUDSTERS!
  71. Dec 19, 2012
    Sergey Titov finally got his sh*t out ! He wanted a Big Rigs: Over the road racing for everybody in the world, he created War Inc to reach every pc shooter gamer, and now he's reaching the DayZ/Walking Dead/PlaceZombieGameNameHere hype to get even more money from players !

When you think he can just put a free2play game as War Inc and get money from micro-transactions, or just sell a **** game 20$ for no interest, he's going even further and offering you the ultimate deal : A Free 2 Play that you need to pay to be able to go on 50 players "MMO" servers that you can't even purchase or rent !

The magic behind it is that he sold it as a DayZ killer, but barely gave us a Big Rigs Killer. Seriously, this game is sooooooo much better than the old Big Rigs !

ENJOY YOUR GAMES BUDDY ! Hammerpoint will go down in few weeks, DayZ Standalone is coming out shortly, and Sergey will leave with all your money ! GOOD DEAL SERGEY ! GOOD DEAL !
  72. Dec 19, 2012
    Fantastic idea, ruined by the complete lack of anything that defines a "game". It's simply not playable in this state. If you can manage to not be shot the second you get close to anything interesting (read: an item), you're in for the treat of buggy, lag-filled, horrifyingly bad melee combat with poorly animated zombies. It's not all bad: when my friend and I teamed up to search the cityFantastic idea, ruined by the complete lack of anything that defines a "game". It's simply not playable in this state. If you can manage to not be shot the second you get close to anything interesting (read: an item), you're in for the treat of buggy, lag-filled, horrifyingly bad melee combat with poorly animated zombies. It's not all bad: when my friend and I teamed up to search the city for interesting items and weapons, we had a great time defending each other from zombie attack. We found armour, backpacks, and food, and congratulated each other on our fine zombie-killing form. It was good. We were then gunned down by an AK47-wielding player from the bushes for literally no reason. We didn't even have guns.

Need more? If you create more than ten characters they do not spawn with anything, even a pathetic flashlight. Died? Four hour respawn unless you want to pay REAL MONEY to respawn immediately.

It's a terrible PVP game marketed as a groundbreaking zombie apocalypse simulator. Do not buy it. If you have, get your refund from Steam. God help this developer.
  73. Dec 19, 2012
    Walk around for an hour. Get shot. Start a new character. Walk around for an hour. Get shot. Start three more characters, walk around for an hour on each, get shot. Rinse, repeat. Or, fortunately, request a refund from Steam, which I did get.
  74. Dec 19, 2012
    This is by far the largest, most obvious cash in of DayZ yet. However, the sad thing is they didn't even have the audacity to create a somewhat decent game. Its buggy, the textures are nothing short of hideous and the developers outright lied to the consumers about the game, promising things that never came. If you purchased this game, my condolences, as you have bought into a Alpha
  75. Dec 19, 2012
    Not only is the game terrible, the devs lied about the features present in the game and then blamed the gamers for not liking it. Then publicly tried to say that 93% of players said they liked it.
  76. Dec 19, 2012
    You couldn't pay me 100 bucks to sit and play this sorry excuse for a game. That is without mention of the horrible lead developer of the project - you might know him from some games such as big rigs racing. Yeah, THAT GUY.
  77. Dec 19, 2012
    A Huge Persistent World: The War Z is an open world game. Each world has areas between 100 to 400 square kilometers. Well there is only 1 world at the moment, which is roughly 100 sq. km. So the latter half is a complete lie.
    Explore, Scavenge, Kill, Survive: You are one of the few survivors and must navigate the desolate countryside exploring cities and scavenging for items. This, sure, fine.
    Play with Friends: Hundreds of Servers to Play on and you can also rent and create Public or Private Servers allocating spots for Friends or Clans. Rent and create public and private servers... Nope.
    No Classes check, No Levels check, No Caps ??? check?: Create your own survival campaign, gain experience points and spend it to learn dozen of available skills Yep, can gain experience and can buy ski... WAIT WHAT??
  78. Dec 19, 2012
    Absolutely terrible game I wish I never traded for this **** they are randomly banning players for no reason, I could easily go on and on how terrible this game is but... The list would just go on and on and on.
  79. Dec 19, 2012
    Game is absolute **** Full of hackers. No support from the forums/devs. Get banned from the forums for having a valid complaint. Had to contact my bank just to get a refund, because I have put in more than 15minutes into the game.
  80. Dec 19, 2012
    Without playing any previous title designed by Hammerpoint, I had humble expectations of The War Z. Upon joining in its Alpha Phase, I was pleasantly surprised at the gameplay, visuals, concept, etc. as well as the perceived interactivity between the developers and their community of players. However, this luster was short-lived... After a few months, the title released to Steam in aWithout playing any previous title designed by Hammerpoint, I had humble expectations of The War Z. Upon joining in its Alpha Phase, I was pleasantly surprised at the gameplay, visuals, concept, etc. as well as the perceived interactivity between the developers and their community of players. However, this luster was short-lived... After a few months, the title released to Steam in a SLIGHTLY "improved" version of the title at a reduced price. This was already a bit of a stab to those (like me) already spent more on an incomplete game. On top of that, I was made aware of some press releases concerning the issue of the game's incomplete nature and the blatant misuse of Steams 'game description' section. In these articles, I had to remind myself that a game developer - no doubt looking for a career in gaming - was the one answering the questions rather than a slightly handicapped fifth grader. I was astounded at the immense lack of professionalism accompanied by this uncouth nature in press. The developer goes on to blame the community for the lack of positive reviews... The community... He created... For his own game. A developer - yet, a human - that persists in not taking responsibility for his and his company's failures nor any form of reformative action does not deserve a consumer's business. The developer was lucky enough to have lured me in and I am made a fool for buying into this mess of a game. I would urge anyone to not make this mistake. It is clear that the funds of this game have not gone to a team anxious to hire new talent, buy new software (like an actual anti-cheat engine), or seek outside assistance to provide a better product - rather, I feel the funds have provided a higher standard of living for those who have not earned it. This game will be removed from my computer immediately, and I will give this game the rightful score of zero (0). Expand
  81. Dec 19, 2012
    I didn't buy the game from steam, so I can't even get a refund for this crap. This game is horrible! Your first 10 characters can start off with flashlights and food and water, then after that they start with NOTHING. You can try to get to a town (if you don't get player killed first) and try to find some supplies, if you do, then you will probably just find garbage. Guns are extremelyI didn't buy the game from steam, so I can't even get a refund for this crap. This game is horrible! Your first 10 characters can start off with flashlights and food and water, then after that they start with NOTHING. You can try to get to a town (if you don't get player killed first) and try to find some supplies, if you do, then you will probably just find garbage. Guns are extremely hard to find and once you find them you are almost guaranteed to get shot in the back of the head by a hacker. I've seen SEVERAL people just walking up walls, jumping super high, and killing me when they are absolutely no where around me. When it is dark you might as well stop playing all together and log on later because you can't see ANYTHING. The only way you can see is with a flash light, which you are no longer given after you have died so many times. Also, the absolute worst thing about the game is the revive timer. It is ONLY there for the devs to make more money. Total waste of money! Expand
  82. Dec 19, 2012
    This pathetic excuse for a game is nothing but a cash grab, and a polished turd. No, not even that, just a turd. I've been playing it since the very start and it's not any fun. It looks like arse, it runs like arse, it plays like arse. It's arse. The end.
  83. Dec 20, 2012
    Those two links alone should MORE than explain why you should NEVER support this game in any way. You absolutely can not let them get away with lying to you over and over, there is no excuse. I hope they get sued. Regardless of if you like the game or not, letting them get away with this is irresponsible, and downright immoral. This can not stand, if you've already bought it DEMAND aThose two links alone should MORE than explain why you should NEVER support this game in any way. You absolutely can not let them get away with lying to you over and over, there is no excuse. I hope they get sued. Regardless of if you like the game or not, letting them get away with this is irresponsible, and downright immoral. This can not stand, if you've already bought it DEMAND a refund, and don't be afraid to take legal action if they do not let you, which is quite a possibility. If you haven't bought into this then do NOT. If you've looked at my links and still buy into this you are incredibly stupid and your are hurting the entire industry and proving you are a sheep Expand
  84. Dec 19, 2012
    I have played a lot of terrible games in my life, but none so horrible as this. Can't believe I wasted fifteen bucks on this. Bugs, Glitches and well no one really plays fairly. Top that off with being so uninspired.
  85. Dec 20, 2012
    I expect professionalism in a game release.
    If it's paid and not ready, then don't release it on Steam.

Have some pride for your own work for sake!
    Don't use "inspirations" from other works, movies and games so damn closely. It is bad taste.

I expect something better on Steam, and not something like on the Android Play Store with shameless Temple Run clones.
  86. Dec 20, 2012
    You can tell how this game was just off War inc and just put out there like a dangling piece of **** if this was a year effort i would hate to see how much work they put in their game if they released it and now that they did its utter **** It seems like they're trying to compete with DayZ by releasing it earlier but everyone knows that DayZ was the real game and just because you releaseYou can tell how this game was just off War inc and just put out there like a dangling piece of **** if this was a year effort i would hate to see how much work they put in their game if they released it and now that they did its utter **** It seems like they're trying to compete with DayZ by releasing it earlier but everyone knows that DayZ was the real game and just because you release your game first doesn't mean its better. Shame on them for not even admitting they copied DayZ completely Expand
  87. Dec 20, 2012
    A Sandbox(without the sand) FPS/3rd person shooter, with zombies getting in the way. You don't buy this game, you pay for Lifetime Alpha Access!

This is what a true survival horror should be. Not only should you have to endure zombies, and other players trying to kill you, but awful performance, bad frame rates, Lying developers, bugs, hackers, exploiters, and forum moderators too!

If this game ever gets all of its features implemented, I would say this game would be a 5 at best. As of right now, its unreviewable since its downright unplayable so that makes it a Zero in my book. This game is an FPS with a 1 hour respawn timer, and cash shop. Buying items with real money in this game is for stupid noobs, since its a full loot game. You will most likely get killed as soon as you zone into the game.

Currently you are only given four choices in this game.
    1)Create a Normal mode player to be played on any server.
    2)Create a Hardcore mode player to be played on any server.
    3)Logout.
    4)Uninstall.

I prefer option 4! And suggest that you stay away from The WarZ, unless you really, really like Zombies, and bad games.
  88. Dec 20, 2012
    Utterly horrible game, obivious cashgrab. You can read about it everywhere so i wont bother to start talking about all of it, this game deserves to die and give everyone refunds :)
  89. Dec 20, 2012
    This game is the biggest pile of **** since Big Rigs Racing. It's an obvious rip off of Day Z and the developers are **** I bought the game a couple of months ago directly from the website and I requested a refund a couple of weeks ago. I really tried to give this game a chance, I really want it to be good, but it's not in any way and it was most likely a get rich quick scheme requiringThis game is the biggest pile of **** since Big Rigs Racing. It's an obvious rip off of Day Z and the developers are **** I bought the game a couple of months ago directly from the website and I requested a refund a couple of weeks ago. I really tried to give this game a chance, I really want it to be good, but it's not in any way and it was most likely a get rich quick scheme requiring VERY little effort by the developers (models, texture, animations are directly copied from their F2P game War Inc.) and it shows. If you want to play a REAL zombie survival game, play Day Z, this game has nothing on Day Z and that is a free mod. Not to mention all the screenshots and gameplay that come from the developer are complete fabrications. I was supposed to get a discount for buying into the beta early, but it cost me nearly $30 when it cost only $13 now? Trust me, DO NOT waste your money you will regret this purchase. Expand
  90. Dec 20, 2012
    This game is an alpha mod of War, Inc, with the developers charging players money to play. It's being advertised by its developers as something it is not, including history of development and game features. Though this is not surprising given that Sergey Titov, the head guy at WarZ, has a history of half way developing budget titles and abandoning them once initial sales are made. See, forThis game is an alpha mod of War, Inc, with the developers charging players money to play. It's being advertised by its developers as something it is not, including history of development and game features. Though this is not surprising given that Sergey Titov, the head guy at WarZ, has a history of half way developing budget titles and abandoning them once initial sales are made. See, for instance, Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing, noted as one of the worst games of all time due to advertised but missing features, a host of bugs, and lacking basic functionality like AI, physics modeling, or collision detection. In this light, WarZ appears to be another attempt, though more sophisticated, by Sergey at a cash grab. Expand
  91. Dec 20, 2012
    Got my refund. What a terrible game. All a money grab. It's obvious they wanted to get the game out before the Holidays so they could rack up the money. Lawsuits will be raining upon them soon. Pretty much everything involved this game is a rip off of something else.
  92. Dec 20, 2012
    There are a number of things I can't stand about The War Z, and I would just love to share them with you. What follows is a series of remarks addressed to the readers of this letter and to The War Z itself. I sometimes joke about how moralistic maggots suffer from a collective self-image that prefers victimization to success and imposes a suffocating group conformity that ostracizesThere are a number of things I can't stand about The War Z, and I would just love to share them with you. What follows is a series of remarks addressed to the readers of this letter and to The War Z itself. I sometimes joke about how moralistic maggots suffer from a collective self-image that prefers victimization to success and imposes a suffocating group conformity that ostracizes nonconformists. But seriously, it must be pointed out that I find The War Z's ruinous policies and dubious values unacceptable. Its followers probably don't realize that because it's not mentioned in the funny papers or in the movies. Nevertheless, trying to suppress people's instinct and intellect is just as distasteful as trying to subject us to an intense barrage of misinformation, deception, and hidden propaganda. And I can say that with a clear conscience because from secret-handshake societies meeting at "the usual place" to back-door admissions committees, its cultists have always found a way to poke someone's eyes out. If you read The War Z's writings while mentally out of focus, you may get the sense that The War Z's plane of understanding is beyond the realm of human imagining. But if you read its writings while mentally in focus and weigh each point carefully, it's clear that if it can't stand the heat, it should get out of the kitchen.

The War Z's faithfuls have learned their scripts well and the rhetoric comes gushing forth with little provocation. If society were a beer bottle
  93. Dec 20, 2012
    the idea of the game is amazing...
    but this game is just the worst **** i every bought
    not only that, the developers gives you false information (that's why it was removed from steam!!! ROFL) oh and if you didn't like the game, you can't get a refund... no matter what, don't even try get into the support website, they take more than 3 days to answer it if they answer... don't let
    the idea of the game is amazing...
    but this game is just the worst **** i every bought
    oh and if you didn't like the game, you can't get a refund... no matter what,
    don't let yourself be scammed like us, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!
  94. Dec 20, 2012
    There s only lies about this sheet in game descriptions!!!!! I think the developers just want gent more bucks and drop the project! Can advice to everyone not to buy this terrible piece of sheet!
  95. Dec 20, 2012
    Pros: Zombies!!!

Cons:
    --Not as advertised.
    --Inconsistent pay model.
    --Dishonest and disrespectful developers.
    --A scam and money grab.
    --Stolen copyright material.
  96. Dec 20, 2012
    Don't waste your time with this piece of **** there's a reason it was removed from Steam (source: http://au.gamespot.com/news/the-war-z-removed-from-steam-6401770). Save your well earned cash for the Day Z standalone coming out next year. If you accidentally bought this trainwreck, request a refund from Valve and they will happily oblige or if you bought it from the War Z website, go toDon't waste your time with this piece of **** there's a reason it was removed from Steam (source: http://au.gamespot.com/news/the-war-z-removed-from-steam-6401770). Save your well earned cash for the Day Z standalone coming out next year. If you accidentally bought this trainwreck, request a refund from Valve and they will happily oblige or if you bought it from the War Z website, go to xsolla.com and ask for a refund. It may take a few tries but you will usually get your money back. Merry Christmas. Expand
  97. Dec 20, 2012
    Game Liar! Do not buy! I want my money back! But unfortunately I ventured to do the pre-purchase. These producers have lost my trust! They won a lot of money today, but they will not have any more tomorrow!
  98. Dec 20, 2012
    False advertising, poor development decisions and a rough product make me seriously doubt this game and the developers future. I received a refund for the full price.
  99. Dec 20, 2012
    I purchased this game before the alpha was even released, and at 2am of the 16 5 hours after it should have been released i knew it would be a flop... And it has been, the game is awful, at points i will be killed before i even get into the game as your body is rendered as an entity before you can even get off of the loading screen. So it's pointless even trying to retain gear in this gameI purchased this game before the alpha was even released, and at 2am of the 16 5 hours after it should have been released i knew it would be a flop... And it has been, the game is awful, at points i will be killed before i even get into the game as your body is rendered as an entity before you can even get off of the loading screen. So it's pointless even trying to retain gear in this game or even play it in fact. That along with the blatant attempt at grabbing our money and running is enough to turn me from defending this game to telling everyone i can to NEVER BUY THIS GAME EVER! Expand
  100. Dec 20, 2012
    While scanning through the new games on Steam I stumbled upon "The WarZ". I heard about the game a few months ago but didn't really follow it's development. I loved DayZ and because this game is basically based on DayZ I thought it would be pretty cool. I was wrong. Only few of the features listed on the steam page actually existed in the game. The game runs like crap. I don't have theWhile scanning through the new games on Steam I stumbled upon "The WarZ". I heard about the game a few months ago but didn't really follow it's development. I loved DayZ and because this game is basically based on DayZ I thought it would be pretty cool. I was wrong. Only few of the features listed on the steam page actually existed in the game. The game runs like crap. I don't have the newest PC there is but I can run other games just fine on highest settings (including Far Cry 3, Skyrim etc). The gameplay is awful. Zombie AI is basically non-existent (they just zerg you, attack you from miles away and get attracted even while using stealth , loot is nearly impossible to find as a new player, you can't swim (???????? WHAT), sneaking feels very slow and buggy. The overall animations are really poor. Texture quality is on par with some very low-budget F2P games. The game isn't F2P, yet they have the guts of implementing a micro transaction shop which BTW sells ammo, food and other valuable items IN A SURVIVAL GAME! Also, if you decide to spend money on stuff like the hats, don't, you lose them once you die LOL.

Horrible, horrible game. Thanks for giving us a full refund and taking this piece of trash of your service Valve.

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.