1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 3981 Ratings

1. Dec 19, 2012
    Looked really promissing, but turned out to be overhyped and unfinished. Defently not something i would recommend. It is a blatant ripoff of the DayZ mods ideas, but there is no real improvement to the table . Unlike the dayz mod, which is free, they actually charge money you for this buggy half baked piece of crap.
  2. Dec 19, 2012
    Lots of problems with the game, honey traps to trap hackers that catch real players, zombies not strong enough to be a danger...
    Though the game has some strong points, such as how tactical it can be in some cases, they released it too early to do the game any justice. A few more months to iron out bugs, strengthen the security on the game, and to check the dev list. The mods on the
    forums shut down any threads that complain about any aspect of the game, especially admin abuse in game.
    I bought this for a friend, and I'm horrified that the game was this half-baked.
    Good potential, but too much junk to deal with now to get a good rating, as friend was banned an hour into playing for shooting an admin with a handgun.
  3. Dec 19, 2012
    I regret buying this. Next to the false advertising the game is probably the worst game i ever played. It's clearly not finished, yet micro transactions are enabled. Textures are worse then it's mod counterpart ... Im dissapointed in steam on approving this game
  4. Dec 19, 2012
    I've been a registered player for about a month now (bought it around Thanksgiving). The gameplay can be fun but the problem with the game is the developers and management team. They put posts out talking about how they have all these features coming and are fixing issues but never follow-through on it. They also will ban forum members at lock threads as soon as people stop complaining to censor criticism on the forum. Please sell this game to a development company worth a **** Expand
  5. Dec 19, 2012
    When The War Z came out, it was an undeniably shaky game - bad textures, laughable animations, bugs /everywhere/. However, many positive, community-driven changes were pushed out in the days to come, and many of us were convinced that, should Hammerpoint maintain its steady stream of attentive updates, there was simply no way The War Z could go wrong in development.

As it turns out, the
    game rather quickly became stagnant: new features were not released; what small portions of the map were opened up were, generally, poorly textured, uninteresting, and just a bit of the same ol', same ol'; there was a lot of rumbling about community censorship and refunds going around, and the general atmosphere of The War Z became very hostile.

Having been with the game since day one of the alpha, I can tell you this: what The War Z boils down to is a very shady Russian man - the mind behind Big Rigs, perhaps the most horrific game ever made to date - who may or may not be committing a very sophisticated, game-oriented adaptation of the pump-and-dump stock fraud method. At the end of the day, you're better off investing in a copy of ArmA II and DayZ, or waiting for DayZ's standalone.

To be frank, I've seen drug deals a shade more legit than this game has turned out to be.
  6. Dec 19, 2012
    Money Grabbers! Ban for no reason at all and take 5-8 days to answer a support ticket and still not unban you! Im a 100% legit professional gamer that has no need to hack / cheat any game i play and i get banned with no reasoning!! I get no response from support yet and it has been 5 days so far and i can only imagine how many more it will take! On a side note i read the steam release and it was completely false and they try to cover it up by saying a miscommunication! Thats complete BS! If you have a game getting ready to come out on Steam of all places you make sure you have all your ducks in a row not just HALF ASS it! Then i hear that it takes 4 hours to revive a character? REALLY 4 hours thats rediculour with the amount of hackers in that game because if oyu play you die by a hacker every time you log in to a big server! It used tpo be at 1 hour and that was legit and fine but 4 hours? On top of that if you want to revive early it will cost you GC? REAL LIFE MONEY to revivie early! Thats a money grab folks! Have fun getting ripped off if you buy it!! Expand
  7. Dec 19, 2012
    Short and sweet: Cash grab update and multiple lies. Constantly placing the blame on your customers, claiming we "misread" this and that. Inexcusable.
  8. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is so bad, no level design, awful graphics, it's a joke ! Don't support these guys, it's a big scam, save your money ! They banned users for spreading the truth, this is totally unacceptable !
  9. Dec 20, 2012
    This game is a scam. Spend your money elsewhere. This is a cash grab with an amateur "game studio" that is attempting to cash in on the success of the DayZ mod for Arma II.
  10. Dec 20, 2012
    This game should still be in Alpha. The amount of game breaking bugs are incredible. From jumping inside trees, buildings. You can die by walking down a hill. Items now glitch inside objects and are no longer obtainable.

The game went from Alpha to Beta with no noticeable change other then constant crashing. The same thing happened from Beta to 'Foundation Release'. They do not go from
    phase to phase once the game has successfully passed, but simply to sell it to more people.

The Foundation Release is missing 90% of the content and its introduced old and new game breaking bugs!
  11. Dec 20, 2012
    OK so what's the point? I go around, grabbing chocolate bars, sodas, bash zombies (very stupid zombies) in the head with a baseball bat, and above all AVOID OTHER PLAYERS. For what? You can't manipulate objects, can't build stuff, open doors, close doors, do anything but run, eat, drink, and run some more. Biggest danger is **** human players shooting you (I have yet to find a gun) when you spawn. Awesome. I expect better screening from Steam. Expand
  12. Dec 20, 2012
    If you care about your money, dont use it to buy this piece of **** Me and 3 friends tried to play this game. First week nothing but game crashes, bugged items, walls, floor etc. 2nd week getting killed by hackers at every corner. Tried to get a refund, i played the game for 2 weeks so fair enough, should have prolly pulled my money out after the first 2 days, but i had hopes that the game would become what they had promised it to be. Tried it a few days ago out of boredom. Heard that you PAY to start a clan in this MMO haha i mean are they even thinking? People keep spawning in behind you in buildings, hackers shoot you through the ceiling, the map is just bad. People get banned from the game by complaining.

For example the biggest city in the game have around 4 buildings that you can enter out of the 50 that are there, the rest is just prop. I think there are 8-10 seperate buildings in the entire game copypasted all over the place to make cities. They keep utdating mundane things like the "map" not the map you run around on, but the map you pull up to see where you are, that keeps getting updated. From what i gather they just confessed that they dont have a antihacker program, but instead they put items in places where only hackers could get to them and banned them that way. All and all ****ty game, could have been good, but they just keep lying and implementing the dumbest money grabbing crap features.
  13. Dec 20, 2012
    This game is a mess, I had hoped in this game but the developer team is totally inexperienced and incapable, they just destroyed the great idea of ​​this game, which was Zombie pós-apocalyptic, and turned it into PVP game. do not buy it, im a dissatisfied consumer. TERRIBLE game!
  14. eM_
    Dec 20, 2012
    Avoid this game, it really is bad. Its a poor mans DayZ, which lacks many of the features it claims to have. Game play feel sluggish and broken, textures look ugly and outdated. Its just not fun.
  15. Dec 20, 2012
    This is just a fail try to steal people's money. Seriously, this isn't even a game. Plus: random bans, unfinished, small map, lies about the real features, stupid in-game community, buy the game and then you have more thing to pay for and that's what a I call scam and unqualified staff.
  16. Dec 20, 2012
    Not worth anyones time. Do NOT get this game, even when/if it is released. The animations are sketchy, players are dicks, and most of all... you can't last more than 3 hours in this game.

Do not buy this. This dev team is despite for money and using microtransactions in the game
  17. Dec 20, 2012
    i want to like this game i really do, but the fact that the company that makes it keeps dragging their heels promising content that should have been implemented months ago, and postponing content that should have taken priority.... it's horrible. it seems like the people at Arktos Entertainment need to sort their issues out, and get working.
  18. Dec 21, 2012
    Poorly made ripoff of the ARMA2 mod DayZ. This game promises a lot but delivers none of it. The developers claim to be working on this game for 2 years but it feels like they have just cobbled together a product and are using the 'alpha' label to ignore the fact that its a BAD game.

I don't know what would turn this game around, the current state of the game is a train wreck.
  19. Dec 21, 2012
    They lied saying it was a Zombie MMO. The quest are still not in the game. Can't play with friends. You buy the game then they nickel and dime you to death in the The WarZ store.
  20. Jan 23, 2014
    I'm giving it a one as the game is playable. That's the only reason as the game is still suffering from monumental bugs, issues and other problems (hackers). It has now been more then a year and it hasn't improved a bit. The cars, "super-zombie" and the hilariously buggy "flanking" zombie are nothing that actually helps the game.

PVP oriented "survival" game and there is a button to
    simply press F10 to immediately get into the shop. Don't know if they removed it but I would wager they did as their development team seem very schizophrenic at best. Expand
  21. Dec 22, 2012
    Simply one of the worst games i have played. Day z does everything better thank this mess.

Awful graphics, tiny map, poor game engine, plus too many other flaws to list (just google this game and you will see)

Do Not Buy. Instead buy arma 2 and enjoy a far superior mod called day z.
  22. Dec 22, 2012
    You can give me the "its in alpha" speech, but I have already heard it. The game is in alpha, but is extremely broken. Every game has its bad aspects, but this one has maybe 1 good aspect. Its so bad! The graphics are horrible, and as far as I can tell, there is not a single difference between Ultra graphics and Low graphics. It's horrible. The most fun I get out of it is being the douche-bag I hate and killing someone who has something worth five minutes. The steam page does lies about everything. There really is not any PVE whatsoever. It's a big deathmatch. But so is DayZ. The game is extremely bad. Do not get it. Luckily I won two free accounts. Expand
  23. Dec 24, 2012
    This game is a sad attempt to make money off of the success of the popular mod DayZ. Some people might disagree even though they are wrong let them live in their world were War Z is the superior game, I'm sure it is a happy world covered in ignorance. But the real truth about this game is even though it ripped off a game mod that is in Alpha they didn't fix any problems; if anything they just expanded on the problems and got rid of some good things of DayZ. For starters they have a horrible business model, pay for the game (that is NOT finished) then make people buy more items with real cash in game that they can later loose if they die so they can buy more items making more money, They clearly do not care about the customer at all and I wouldn't be surprised if they just canceled the game and ran off with the money. Don't get me wrong this game has potential but with the work of the horrible DEVs banning everyone who doesn't like the game and customer support refusing to give people refunds on a game they were told was finished (which is illegal by the way) shows that they only entertain the game until people stop paying attention to it. The only way this game could of been amazing from the start was if they made it free to play and kept the micro transactions, to feed their money hunger, so everybody wins. The company gets their money and customers do not feel like they have been duped into buying a unfinished game due to being free to play. But right now the damage is done and this is game will most likely fail even with the cult following they have. The only thing we can do is sit and wait for after the holidays and see how the company reacts to these haters and lovers of the game. And see if they release any plan for the game and if they will respect the customers for their refunds. If they don't do any of these things I suggest you get out of that game as soon as possible because these business ethics are not one you as a customer should be supporting. Expand
  24. Jan 2, 2013
    I'm actually going to try and just list facts and be as unbiased as I can when I write this review,.

In a pre release interview to GamerPlatoon, Sergey talks about the features of his upcoming Alpha which is set to be released soon. What's worth noting his how he talks about his ant hack system and direct quote "Our next step was to create early detection system - system that will allow
    us to detect if certain types of hacks are used and to automatically ban players who're using hacks or cheat programs. As of today this detection system is able to detect roughly 99% of all hack attempts and either will ban users automatically and kick them from server"

So a few months down the line after the game has been through Alpha/Beta and pushed as a retail ready game under the title of foundation release. How are things looking? Well hacking is probably the most pressing concern of right now, you only have to go on you tube to see the amount of hacks available and currently in use. The fact that Kewk openly admitted hackers only got banned after video evidence was produced.. makes you think the anti cheat system they claimed to have simply wasnt working as claimed.

Promised features. Despite receiving $4 million in funding from Arktos entertainment and being in development for two years as claimed by the devs. The game launched into Alpha with hardly any of it's features implemented, not even the map was complete. Out of the list of many features which include skills tree's and vehicles, only clans had been implemented so far. And even that did not go without a hitch. When released despite being promised as a core feature and the promise of no hidden fee's, players initially had to purchase the right to even start a clan. However after severe backlash they dd reverse the decision. It might not be pay to win, but it is pay to play with a feature you were promised from the start ad yet another example of Hammerpoint fialing to live up to it's word.

This is far from the only controversial move by the company though. Despite an already lackluster release onto steam which in the end led to Steam taking the game down of it's store page. Steam on the issue said "We apologize for this and have temporary removed the sale offering of the title until we have time to work with the developer and have confidence in a new build" Many steam users cited that the game advertised many things as existing features such as Private servers, that actualy were not in game yet and still are not as of me writing this review. It looks like many features will be pushed back further due to the hacking issue. On the hacking issue it's worth noting that the hackers have managed to implement a friend feature, something the devs have been unable to do themselves as a core feature so far.

Staying on a similar theme and to touch on graphics, another complaint often voiced is that the screenshots are misleading and not actually in game footage. RussianKalibre/RomanS the lead Art developer has stated this is simply because the game despite being in foundation release, is not yet fully optimized. These screenshos do in fact display areas which did not even make it to the full game but quote "Just too cool of an idea not to take a screenshot of" They also include features which are not implemented yet such as a car being driven, zombies eating bodies. No where did it state or notify that these were from a different build or staged.

In the light of all this you would think the devs would keep there heads down and avoid causing any more disruption to the community? Well right about the time of steam release, they upped the revival time from 1 hour to 4 hours,and placed a link to a micro transaction feature where players could revive instantly if they parted with cash for in game currency.

I could go on and on, I havnt really touched on the actual feel of the game play, or many game mechanics. But there is not actually much to do In game currently apart from salvage items and engage in PvP. And currently you can;t do that without hackers being a big risk. Hackers have even managed to find a way to kill people in safe zones now, an area were it's not even meant to be possible to engage in combat.

But yeah these are the sort of issues which this dev team faces and seems to create, for itself. The game is about 35% complete despite being released and out of Alpha/beta testing, and the only thing players can do is hope the features are released to a satisfactory level and within a reasonable time frame, but the devs inability and general attitude (The lead Dev has called it's player base homosexual slurs for engaging in sniping) then looking at their track record, it doesn't look good. I have tried to stick to facts, but my opinion is this game will be abandoned before long just like War Inc was by them previously. I would avoid this game by miles.
  25. Dec 29, 2012
    This game is terrible. There was so much hype for it because of the images that were released, which looked better than the already existing zombie MMO game, DayZ. Upon its release, the game was worse than many thought. Tons of bugs, hackers and overall, little effort put into the game. It was put up on the online game retailer Steam, despite being in beta, but was then taken down. This game only deserves a '1'. Expand
  26. Dec 31, 2012
    I will be comparing this to dayz. Dayz is a mod in alpha for free. warz is a game for $15 dollars and no sign of it being a alpha or beta and the devs lied about the features then afterward blamed it as a misunderstanding of the consumer . This game deserves nothing not even a single dime .
  27. Dec 31, 2012
    Zombie MMO is conceptually interesting, but when you get into the game its terrible. Death respawns are ridiculously long (4hrs). Running around aimlessly with nothing to do except hunt noobs and grief people or help people. I found no actual purpose or goal with this game. Waste of money, even on sale.
  28. Jan 4, 2013
    I feel sorry for anyone who had purchased this piece of s***. The game is very unforgiving, when killed by a zombie or another player you may have a wait time of 3 F***ING HOURS to respawn!! Not to mention that you lose everything you found and bought. The gameplay is limited, and it uses false advertising. The game is unfathomly flawed; no, BROKEN, but the microtransactions ore perfectly fine. Kinda suspicious.The only way to bypass long respawn times? Pay money. The only way you can do anything? Pay more money. The only way you can get things you ACTUALLY NEED to play? PAY MORE F****ING MONEY. The Devs might as well be Devils, because you can't complain, unless you like getting banned. I really don't even need to say anything; look at all the other reviews. Expand
  29. Jan 5, 2013
    I would give this game a 0 if not for it's "original never before thought of" idea of a zombie apocalypse MMO. This game is utterly bad, terrible! The textures are even worse than DayZ, a free to play mod for the game Arma II and DayZ doesn't even have that good textures. The gameplay is terrible, if you walk down, croch or crawl down a 1 meter high hill you will lose about 25% of your health most of the time from fall damage, you can't swim and if there's one zombie you're fighting you're invincible as to if there are two zombies+ attacking you you should just let them kill you. My God the running is so slow. when you sprint it looks like you're walking fast! One of the worse things about this game, you can buy weapons and consumables before you even start, you lose that on death and by the way when you die you have to wait FOUR HOURS to respawn OR you can pay to respawn instantly. So if you die by fall damage from a hill that's not even as tall as your player and you spent money on buying a weapon or other items you're screwed. The WarZ staff are banning people that criticize the game badly on the forums, and there are rumors that the devs spawn stuff in for themselves. Not only that but the staff/devs are blackmailing the players asking for a refund, threatening to put them on the global blacklist, restricting them from buying certain games or other items. Their terms of service was copied word for word from the game League of Legends. Let's take a look at the broken promises from their original steam store page(It's been edited now):

"The War Z is a Survival Horror MMO that immerses players in a zombie-infested, post-apocalyptic world in which a viral outbreak has decimated the human population leaving in its wake, a nightmare of epic proportion" No mention of game being in alpha/beta and without all features

"A Huge Persistent World. The War Z is an open world game. Each world has areas between 100 to 400 square kilometers." There is only one map and it is 72 square kilometers

"Play with friends. Hundreds of Servers to Play on and you can also rent and create public or private servers allocating spots for Friends or Clans." No private servers in the game.

"No Classes. No Levels. No Caps. Create your own survival campaign, gain experience points and psend it to learn dozen of available skills" There are no skills you can use currently in the game.

"Up to 100 players per game server" When the game first came out the mac players on it was 50 players.

"Dedicated public servers as well as private servers" Again there are no private servers.

Hammerpoint Interactive, the creators of The War Z, in my opinion were trying to cash in on the success of a mod for Arma II, DayZ, and the rushed out a game not even close to coming out in which I believe is an alpha/beta version.

1/10 from me for their original idea, everything else was either not finished or poorly done. The developers are immature and will ban players using bully tactics.
  30. Jan 6, 2013
    The core mechanics are very simple, but are fun in a brutally realistic sort of way... but you have never seen a game more hacked out than this. In a game that is predominantly about stealth and survival, a game aiming for realism, the hacking is so annoying you will literally scream in frustration. Imagine sneaking through an army base, finding precious loot: an M-16 (a rare treat in this game), some body armor (holy snikies batman!), and a a bunch of ammo! (Wow! It's like you won the lottery!) And then you are sneaking into the safe zone looking at every bush. You're like a carjacker driving back to dump your loot. Your pulse is racing as you hit your keyboard. You are almost at the safe zone. You are checking your back. Clear. You are almost safe... then you are killed by an invisible hacker with a hammer. You will want to scream. Getting loot (or losing loot you bought) is so incredibly difficult, yet 35% of my deaths have been due to hacking (no exaggeration). And these hacks are insane hacks too... wallhacks, aimbots, flying, ESP, invisibility, and even infinite endurance... they've covered almost every power the X-Men possess. Put simply, don't buy this game. Expand
  31. Jan 8, 2013
    The game itself is enjoyable. The problem is the developers blatant lies, lack of information and now as of Jan 4th (I believe) with the implementation of the 'Fairfight' system Temp bans (Pending review for perm ban) and Permanent bans are being handed out left and right to be Legit and Unlegit players if they're unlucky enough to be accused of 'hacking' in game after killing another player.

The game has the potential to be great, it's the people behind it with their inexcusable unprofessional behavior that are ruining this game.
  32. Jan 11, 2013
    A classless game trying to scam its users. I'll give it a 1 out of 10 solely for the fact that this is a game. Avoid this game, 2,084 people can't be wrong.
  33. Jan 11, 2013
    Let me put it this way, if out of 200 reviews this has 1 good review, do you think this game is worth it?

Worst game ever played, even being an Alpha you can tell the game was not even real, it looks like they grabbed the graphics engine, modified some little stuff, put a name on it, and shell it out while unplayable. You will want to wait until Day Z comes out, worst purchase of my life.
  34. Nov 21, 2013
    Theres alot of rumors around this game, I'll just tell you the hard facts. nough people are voicing themselves about the unjust bans, DevinH a former mod of the forum was banned for this reason. Just google Warz bans DevinH. Reason why I don't call that a rumor is because there is some evidence to it. Sergeytitov the admin (and executive producer) of the new warz forums gave an apology to the fanbase about us "misreading the steam page", its the worst apology ever.

Google Mad Mack warz open letter, he'll outline the unjust bans & bs. But what it comes down to is this. They falsely advertised it, saying it had all kinds of features that the actual game doesn't have.. they stole art from Walking Dead, and used it in their own promotional campaign. They copy pasted the terms of service from league of legends.. they couldn't even be bothered to make a proper legal document for the bloody game they are trying to sell us..

What it comes down is this... its boring. It's Dayz with alot of features missing, and 1 or 2 convenience features thrown in.
  35. Jan 17, 2013
    This seemed to be nothing more than a trumped up money grab!

A serious disappointment. I was hoping this to fix the issues I've had with DayZ - however WarZ is a CHEEP (as in poor production) half ... you know what... clone attempt of DayZ. They promised a lot and gave something equal to the software equivalent of the Flu (and all that it implies) - who wants that?

Don't bother -
    devs are worthless; even to the point they made a so called "public apology" on their forums... Expand
  36. Jan 20, 2013
    I couldn't wait. I loved DayZ. This game dissapointed. It was a buggy rundown mess. I come to video games for fun. Not for a chore, this is a chore %99 **** %1 a bit of fun gameplay when it works. There is so many glitches, sometimes I can't see myself, enemys, other players, my weapon, the trees, the floor or everything. Sometimes zombies fly across like "SUPER PROJECTILE INCOMING" sometimes I do that, sometimes the trees. Sometimes zombies look like humans, or trees like the floor, yeah you get the pattern here. I could press a button to pick something up and my character crouches. Then I do it again and I press the same button, and I pick it up -_-. Bad controls, lots of glitches, boring gameplay and a obviously rushed and made for money and to gain popularity. This earns 1/10, simply because there was that %1 of the game which lasted about 5 minutes where it worked. Expand
  37. Jun 24, 2013
    The worst game ever. It's full of hackers and bugs and it's no fun to play at all. I got 0% fun out this game it's just a huge scam to cash in on DayZ.
  38. Feb 1, 2013
    This game is a buggy mess that offers nothing that you haven't seen before, (except for the glitches) it is not only the game that is the problem, (that is if you actually call this a game) it is the developers, namely Sergey Titov who has brought us other masterpieces like Big Rigs Over the Road Racing. Sergey and other developers promised many things about this game that were not delivered in the "final" package, for
    example they promised 100 person server on release yet the maximum was only 50 people. This and the fact the game was a downright disaster makes it a waste of money and in may ways a scam for buyers of zombie games. Overall avoid this game no matter what. 1/10-Epic Fail.
  39. Feb 10, 2013
    I hated this game. Hammerpoint Interactive lied on the steam page, as well as on thier own website. Despite being only 15 dollars, the game is clearly a pathetic attempt to cash in on Dayz's success. The graphics are awful, the zombie AI is retarded (if you leave thier immediate line of sight they forget about you), the combat system is boring (the zombies root to thier spot if you hit them, kind of like a punching bag), and the glitches and spawn system is intolerable. Yet the micro-transaction systems work PERFECT. I cannot understand the 296 people who said this game was good. Hammerpoint doesn't have that many employees. Expand
  40. Feb 13, 2013
    Worst crap ever! The developers seems to be born in a barn. Nono, we haven´t stolen EVERYTHING from Day Z, give us a break ffs! Are you really trying to getting us to belive that? The game is at it´s best mediocre, and that´s being kind to it. The fighting is dumb, weapons sounds like a toy and the sprinting is so stupid. I mean you can run for 30 seconds, but then you have to recharge stamina which takes 2-3 min.

And I don´t even want to start about the bugs, sure it´s an beta. But they have been working with for a while now, and it can´t be this hard to fix?
  41. Feb 12, 2013
    This is a parody of a game, nothing more. They betray the Gamers. Graphically dated, but still coherent. A bug hell, where is almost nothing except then cheater and kill players. Its boring to explore the only map. The game is not finished and untrustworthy behavior. It plays like an alpha. If you buy it through Steam, you can get a refund. Better wait for Day Z.
  42. Feb 17, 2013
    The game started out with having loads of potential and HEAPS of room for improvement. There were missing features, bugs, glitches, hackers and more. Over time these have been ever so slightly addressed by Hammerpoint and to this day, are not fixed. There are STILL missing features that were originally promised, people are still able to glitch themselves onto roofs, bugs are everywhere and there are more hackers around than in any other game I have previously seen. And to add onto all this, the recent release of private servers has led to an uproar on the forums leading to a great MANY bans simply for people just voicing their opinion and criticising the game (many respected and well known people have been banned). Last, but not least, the game itself has unofficially not made it passed the Alpha stage, but officially it is a fully released game that is "always developing". It saddens me to think that a company that has achieved all this by lying and stealing has affected the gaming world and many. including myself, hope that other companies do not follow suite and do the same. All of this for a little money.. Expand
  43. Mar 12, 2013
    I have no idea why I bought this game. It started off very enthralling and very entertaining and then I started to realize the issues. Apart from all of the other ones listed by other members my main issues were this: Items bought with real money only apply to one character and are dropped whenever you die. "settlements" are no-pvp safe zones but they're RIDDLED with campers sitting outside of the safe zone waiting for people to come out so they can get free gear. Spawn points are very often camped. Areas that spawn Guns/Melee items are ALWAYS camped. There are so many griefers in this game it makes any sense of community absolutely pointless. Clans will stack their members in "camp" sites and kill -anyone- including new characters. Another thing that makes this game silly? New characters only start out with a flashlight, and that's -IT-. Being as all the weapon sites are camped you HAVE to spend REAL MONEY in order to get an edge.

To hell with this game.
  44. Mar 25, 2013
    You know, it's true what people say. A blowjob in the morning DOES make your day better. Oh this has nothing to do with War Z, you think? Good eye, brother! That's because this game is a money making scandal that copies everything about Day Z (The Arma II mod) and puts a price on it. I'm going to give you one simple hint: keep those 15 bucks, buy yourself some candy and enjoy yourself with that. You'll have more fun with the wrappers than War Z, trust me. Expand
  45. Mar 27, 2013
    The positive reviews on here I can only assume are developers or friends of the team behind War Z trying to salvage some sales for this horrible product. They mislead hard earned money of gamers. They over promised and under provided. They lied to everyone about the production times. They even stole graphics from 'the walking dead tv show' slightly edited and used them in adverts.

This game and the team behind it do not deserve your money.They deserve to learn the hard reality that gamers ARE NOT IDIOTS. We analyse your production data,applied patents,search reviews and press coverage.We do not just buy into your over bloated promises.

Drop this game and attempt to build a franchise worthy of our money.
  46. Feb 27, 2013
    La idea del juego en sí no es mala, pero está llevada a abo muy mal, desde el principio un juego apresurado. No puedes pasar mas de 20 minutos sin encontrarte a un cheater y además ese es otro punto que me desagrada: yo compré el juego cuando salió, esperando encontrarme una verdadera experiencia de supervivencia en un apocalipsis zombie, pero lo que me he encontrado es un Shooter PVP con algunos zombies alrrededor y que además tienen una IA terriblemente mala, el juego después de casi un año está lleno de bugs, el tiempo de carga para entrar a servidores es demencial, los gráficos están horriblemente optimizados, yo tengo una tarjeta gráfica todoterreno y sin embargo jugando en LOW quality tengo suerte si alcanzo unos FPS estables de 16-17, los objetos de la tienda son muy caros de adquirir teniendo en cuenta que los vas a perder probablemente en menos de 15 minutos, la mayoría de la gente campea, o hace salto de servidor en los lugares donde suelen salir armas para llenarse hasta los topes. No solo el juego está terriblemente mal, si no que su comunidad de jugadores también es terrible. Al final terminas dandote cuenta que lo que realmente te atemoriza es encontrarte con un superviviente, y es que de hecho es un juego que solo te permite hacer 2 cosas: Lootear o bien matar al superviviente que se te cruce para quedarte con lo suyo y seguir looteando, los zombies son parte del decorado. ¿supervivencia zombie, donde? Expand
  47. Mar 30, 2013
    Just bought the game and let me tell u to just stay away.
    Worst game ever, once you die you have to wait for 1 hour to re-spawn your character!!!
    ITS SIMPLY A JOCK.
  48. May 3, 2013
    The devs here had some decent ideas, and not much to show for it in the end. The War Z makes a lot of mistakes, including...

1. Bad PR: The game had not much going for it. Marketed as a better version of DayZ, once complaints rolled in, PR did not handle things at all. The sort-of incorrect Steam page alone is enough for me to already feel iffy about this game.

2. Bad Gameplay: While
    I understand that this game still is unfinished, there are some unforgivable issues. glitches, AI issues, and bad level design all factor into this issue.

3. In Game Transactions: The biggest mistake War Z makes is the in game store. I found to my dismay that purchasing a weapon and dying from a glitch several minutes later does not mean that when I respawn, I'll have that weapon back. Bad move, and a bad idea...

In all, The War Z is a blatant bad game, with wasted potential. If some changes were made, I could consider a higher rating. But War Z is, in it's current state, a shadow of what it could have been.
  49. May 30, 2013
    Be warned, The screenshots on their website are mostly prerenders.
    You are better off looking up youtube player footage to see what it really is like.
    Shame that it was so bad, it could have been something nice.

Multiplayer is fun with friends, a lot of these maybe and green reviews are from people mistaking the enjoyment of doing that as a good game.
  50. Mar 31, 2013
    To put it lightly this game is atrocious. There, for those of you with a short attention span there it is. Honestly what didn't go wrong with the game? Low-res textures, sluggish gameplay not to mention the fact that zombies are near invincible. Another mistake Hammerpoint have made are the in-game micro-transactions I'm talking about the marketplace where you can purchase ammunition for guns... this is a SURVIVAL horror game, why include this option? Steam also failed to notice that this game was only in its beta stages when they released it (I believe this has since been pushed forward to the full game or alpha) I made a definite mistake of purchasing this garbage game. I, and many others, think that this game is only a cheap rip of the hugely successful Arma 2 mod DayZ which I recommend you play. I'm not here to rant about this game as many people still enjoy the game but in all honesty most people are only playing this game because they want to get their moneys worth. If you have not bought this game... Don't. Simple as. This game is not worth the price on Steam and it was never checked as FALSE ADVERTISING was also used in the selling of this game. I'm mainly advising you not to buy this game but that's not to say I haven't had my fair share of enjoyable moments (even if they were short-lived). All in all this game is a cheap and terrible rip of a hugely successful game and I would advise anyone who is thinking about buying it to not buy it. I went down the War Z road and it's not a very scenic route. Expand
  51. Apr 1, 2013
    It is a shame they allowed this game back on to Steam...let it die already. I could drone on about its numerous flaws or how I'm currently using the BBB to get my money back from them. Good idea for a game hopefully someone else does it right. I will never do business with these people again.
  52. Apr 9, 2013
    In short the game was rushed in development, and it shows. I saw all the bad reviews and thought i would decide for myself, so thought i was prepared for the worst, turns out i wasnt. The point of this game was to be an accessable version of DayZ, but it isnt all that accessable once you are playing, you start with no weapon and in a world of the bloof thirsty zombies and equaly blood thirsty players this pretty much screws you over from the start, and stops you gaining an intrest in the game. this would be forgivable if the game were mmore sick than its modded counterpart, but it isnt. The idea behind the game is good and hope it lives on, but this game is not good and should never have been released as it is. DONT BUY IT, IT JUST ENCORAGES THEM TO MAKE MORE BAD GAMES Expand
  53. Dec 20, 2013
    I gave this game a chance, but he disappointed me and I regretted buying it. Poor graphics, creppy online service and a ridiculous. And besides, I could not play at any moment due to bugs in the game. I hate this! It's the worst game I ever played.
  54. Apr 24, 2013
    The worst survival zombie game ever made.
    Bugs and hacks everywhere. The engine is a crap, and the cash shop is ridiculous.

It look like an alpha of a game.
  55. May 24, 2013
    Thought this game was going to be interesting but the insult here is the amount of lawsuits and stolen engine pieces they have. THey tried to get by with minimal amount of paying for things and used only 10% of the engines full power... let alone even use the updated version of the engine from version 1.2 to 10.02.34. It's Insulting that they did that. and stole ideas from another game.
  56. May 30, 2013
    Going to the website of this game makes the game look amazing. But it's all a lie, none of the screenshots shown are actually of the game, the game actually looks terrible, with awkward character movements and glitchy zombies, this game has nothing good going on.

You start the game with a flashlight and some chips and stuff, so a basic melee weapon and energy/food, seems like a good
    start. But after you get killed by the spawn camper you have to wait hours to re-spawn. And then you don't get your flashlight and chips, you start with nothing.

So after the first few rounds of starting with nothing and then getting killed by campers or hackers, (most of the time you don't even get killed by zombies) you get really bored and really mad and quit the game.

Pros and Cons:

Pros:
    1: The occasional thrill of sneaking past zombies and actually finding something (but it is always ruined by someone who comes in out of nowhere and kills you)
    2: Uninstalling the game, that's the best part.

Cons:
    1: Glitchy zombies
    2: Suddenly getting killed by walking off of a rock less than a foot off the ground
    3: False advertizing.
    4: invisible walls
    5: 3 different zombie skins.
    6: "customizing" your character isn't customizing when you have 4 options to choose from

That's all I have time for, because it would take weeks to write down all the problems with this game.

I definitely wouldn't recommend this game to anyone.
  57. Jul 30, 2013
    This game is a joke. Not only is it plagued with bugs and glitches
    hackers and cheaters, Micro-transactions on a game payed for.
    But whats worst is that this game promised so much that it never delivered to teh point it's been removed from steam, and re-named
    Its horrid
  58. Jun 17, 2013
    *CORRECTED*I purchased this game's pioneer package in high hopes that the screen shots of the game would be proved accurate. However, when I got into the game, I was presented with graphics (I was on ultra), in which I couldn't even tell grass was grass when I got close. It was a flat mix of textures. I also had hopes for the features it promised such as the skill tree and the Stronghold server hosting we where promised with the pioneer and Legendary packages. If not just the Legendary which my friend bought. We haven't gotten any of these features yet. It has been to long waiting and I have given up. There is nothing positive I can say for this game anymore. I used to stand up for it but with the disappointment I have attained throughout the patches. This game, in my honest opinion, was, and I mean every word of it, a giant pile of donkey Sh1t. I wanted to punch my screen every time I got D/C'd from a server for no reason. Also, the amount of hackers in this game made me want to cry. There was no playing legit. So i just stopped and I do NOT regret it. This game is terrible and i want my money back. TL;DR,: This game sucked barb-wired Dild0s And I mean that.
    #Barb-WiredDild0Guy #YOROSHWAG #DoNotBuyOrYourPeePeeWillBeSore #DizzNegga
  59. Jul 20, 2013
    This game had so much potential but is no more than a cash cow. I pre-ordered this and got beta access, promised so much and a year on the game has progressed very little.
    The only real progression for the game is in the in-game purchasing, that's it really.
    The game has a rotten community due to the hatred towards the lazy developers. They've only worked on features that make themselves
    money and no real benefits to it's players. This is no more than a rushed clone of DayZ and the hatred is mostly deserved. Expand
  60. Jul 26, 2013
    This game falls short on everything and did not say on Steam about it changing it's name on the store page which tells a false advertisement which they did when they first came out and they denied to refund me for their false advertisements. I am angered at myself and this is honestly the only game I gave a bad review or a score of 1! The game is not only bad but the developers are bad. The game is full of bugs, horrid visuals, decent audio, terrible animations and very, very slow game play. You will have to sneak most of your time even if a zombie is 200 feet away from you and he will spot you which will lead to other zombies chasing you if you try to run, so either way you are going to die. The game makes it where you can only spawn 5 characters and you have to wait an hour for the character you played as dies to play him again.
    For a sub titles that are way better than this and you still want to get your zombie fix I highly recommend this game as I highly enjoyed it.
    Arma 2 Combined Operations DayZ mod (DayZ is a free mod and the same concept of this game I am reviewing and I would rate that mod a 8 out of 10)
  61. Aug 6, 2013
    I finally let curiosity get the better of me and bought this game as the concept intrigued me.......I should have placed a little more faith in the reviews and not bothered, its awful! The learning curve is just too steep to really keep you interested in the game, you'll die, and lose all your stuff at which point you can either try and gather new stuff, which is almost impossible without any weapons, or go and buy new stuff which will cost you real money, this stuff will then be taken off you as soon as you bump into another player and you will die again....that's pretty much the game...apart from the graphics are poor and glitch ridden, even with a high spec pc you'll be lucky to hit 20fps, its just poor in every way. There are constant problems with servers/forums etc and the fact that if you question them about the short comings of the game on their Facebook page expect a ban! There are some people who seem to enjoy it, I'm not sure what they are doing that is so much fun except kill newbies! Trust the reviews and don't waste your money on this, there will be far superior zombie mmo games coming! Expand
  62. Aug 27, 2013
    The game costs 13 euros and what do you get? Nothing. poor copy of DayZ(in ALFA version). This game it is one big LIE. And 9 of 10 players its hackers.
  63. Sep 26, 2013
    Do NOT buy this game. Don't even think about it. Do some research and you'll understand why. These guys should be in jail for all the false advertising they did. SCAM!

Now they changed the name from "War Z" to "Infestation: Survivor Stories" just to try and scam more people. Sad.
  64. Oct 7, 2013
    So infestation? worth playing? niope 99.9% of the players do use the ESP cheat.. if you dont die to zombies you will die by a player... it isn't worth spending your GC or BD... And you most likely will download a trojan.. made from players who play the game 'WarZ' to take all your items.. today it happened to me... 7 month of farming and everything is gone.. SUCKS. don't play this game your gonna have a bad time O_o Expand
  65. Oct 11, 2013
    Beyond the fact that this game is an absolute false it does have some minor excitement and play value. Within that 2 day period of enjoyment (if you're lucky) you will have to avoid the terrible community, unsportsmanlike players, and unrewarding combat. Players are banned without solid proof as their anti-cheat system has to be developed by a middle school student and obvious hackers run rampant ruining the small chance the game had. I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone, and if you are really curious I suggest just researching the developers. Expand
  66. Nov 18, 2013
    Takes the biscuit as the worst game I've ever bought... Massively regret buying it. Save your money and your heartache and buy something, anything else.
  67. Dec 10, 2013
    This game is just terrible. I played this game for awhile and then they started changing stuff like loot spawns. They changed it to where you could almost not find back packs...but they were on sale for real money in their shops. The game is poorly designed and optimized for any PC. DO NOT SUPPORT THIS COMPANY! HP's other games are also terrible just look at their track record including Sergey Titov's (owns HP) track record. Expand
  68. Dec 12, 2013
    je donne la note de 1 car ce jeu es coder avec les pied les dev's font n'importe quoi .
    le jeu banni les compte de maniere aleatoire un de mes compte a etai banni pour avoir un overlay sur mon teamspeak donc 15 de fichu pour rien apres une semaine de jeu je deconseil ce jeu
  69. Jan 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. just fail game. walk = wall dc and after login you are just dead by random zombies ( before dc i killed all ) .............................. Expand
  70. Feb 6, 2014
    Id rather drag my balls across a thousand miles of glass .................................................................................. ...........
  71. Feb 24, 2014
    Graphics are great, game-play is smooth, but gold coins are required to re-spawn from dieing. The only way to get gold coins is to get some when killing zombies that I've never seen on the game only other online players or purchasing gold coins. The gold coins purchase part sucks I shouldn't have to spend more money on a game after I've already paid for it. I paid $7.99 for the game when it was on sale. If they got rid of the gold coin part of the game I would play all the time. Expand
  72. Feb 18, 2014
    This game has only 1 fun thing about it and that's killing zombies. The zombies are a bit of a challenge too. Other then that it seems to be a HUGE rip off. There are lots of hackers, and to get around the hackers you can rent a private server. Once you rent the server which comes to $33 a month, you find out you have very few admin rights, in fact kicking players is about all you can do. You also rent the servers from the very company that makes the game. In order to use guns in the game you need ammo. That is not a bad thing right? Well in this game you have to buy the ammo from the cash shop, you can buy the ammo in small amounts using the ingame money but you soon realize that it costs a ton of ingame money to buy the ammo and the amount you buy is very small and really small and rather useless. The only way to get any real supply of ammo is using Gold credits purchased with real money. There is crafting in this game, but once again you need to use real money to purchase recipes. You cannot even build your own base. Overall DO NOT PURCHASE THIS GAME!!! Expand
  73. Apr 19, 2014
    This game is full of lies and is broken in every way possible. DO NOT BUY!
    Even if you do get past the lies and brokenness then all there is to do it horde 100's of guns (which you can buy ammo for.)
    As I said earlier do not buy this broken pile of lies.
  74. May 20, 2014
    I like how they tricked me into buying it again by RE-naming it and putting it on steam with a different trailer.
    I should have got my money back for that stunt.
    game is a total piece of crap , probs the worst game I have ever played in a good few years,
    and its a total shameless rip off done in the worst way possible.
  75. Sep 29, 2014
    One thing to mention first and foremost is that this game saw a previous release on steam under a different name, which was booed of steam.
    This is a game that lies to you upfront, a game that is full of meaningless in game transaction with real money. This game does so many things wrong, has so many flaws ,sub par graphics,and just terrible features. Besides the fact this is a clear
    rip off, of the hit DayZ, this game clearly cares little for gamers. The game has horrid controls, terrible game play, boring open world, and more bugs then you can shake a stick at. The game play consists of running around the world trying to kill zombies, but zombies almost never kill you, the other players rdm'ing do. The world is a lie, its smaller than they said and there is only one. This game is steaming pile of bugs and just overall terrible game feel. do not buy this game, you cannot support this kind of blatant cash in. If this game had a free to play model and removed the stupid in game purchase, or at least made them meaningful and if Hammerpoint interactive loses the give us money mentality they may stand a chance. But for now kill this game before it can breed more like it! Expand
  76. Oct 15, 2014
    This game is horrible and the developer is a crook. I started playing this game in it's Beta stage and it had a lot of bugs then, but once the game was released it was an entirely different game, and I mean for the worse.

First off, the game had nothing to stop cheaters from using aimbot, esp and all of that stuff, so you primarily only played in games with a couple of people or empty
    so you could at least enjoy the game without being killed by a cheater. This only got worse over time, and I quit about the time they implemented that fairplay, because the developer kept on with lies. The servers were supposed to be priced reasonable, or at least that's what he said, something around $20 a month, but when they actually allowed you to rent servers, it was $60+ a month, and even more for a password protected server.

So what people started doing is renting slots out and you paid them with the in-game stuff or the currency that you could shop with(I don't remember what it's called). That was the only way to actually play a decent game without having to worry about cheaters.

Then what killed the game the most is the developer kept messing with the loot spawns, zombie spawns and all of that and it just got tiring. You would of honestly never expected the game to be such crap after looking so promising.

I wouldn't give this game to somebody for free. If you want a zombie game, play Day Z or wait for H1Z1(though it keeps getting pushed back).
  77. Oct 24, 2014
    If you've ever wanted to feel the sensation of shoving glass shards up your ass, then this game is for you! Seriously though, the game's not finished, hell why am I calling it a game, it barely functions as one! It was made by one of the worst developers of all time: Hammerpoint interactive, and do you want to know their previous title? Well, it's Big Rigs: Over the road racing, one of the worst PC games of all time. Now let that sink in. Expand
  78. Dec 18, 2012
    I'm not a fan of zero bombing, but this is out of principle.

This game should not be allowed to be sold, at least as it is right now. It was "launched" in an alpha state, with absolutely no indication to anyone who doesn't research it that it's not a final release. Its Steam store page was full of blatant false information, which was "fixed" to contain slightly less false information,
    and the blame was pushed onto the consumers, accusing that they, and this is a direct quote from the creator of the game, "misread infromation about game features".

No, Sergey, you lied to lure people into paying for things that didn't (and still don't) exist. Good luck meeting your end-of-2012 launch deadline. I hope the lawsuits don't slow you down.
  79. Dec 23, 2012
    This game is just horrendous. False advertising is the only reason it sold even a single copy. either that or because they though it was the Day Z standalone.
  80. Dec 20, 2012
    Bunch of fanboys on here giving out high scores blaming the customer for not "reading that the game is still in alpha/beta." Fun fact: the Steam page doesn't mention that minor detail. The company says the game is release worthy, and they're selling it like a release game. Don't listen to the fanboys, they're blinded by stupidity.
  81. Dec 24, 2012
    What a bummer,they trying to release the game that haven`t finish yet.And now people who brought it got scammed.Stick with DayZ instead.WarZ is just a piece of crap that they wanna look like DayZ but even better,but nothing can do anymore with broken gameplay at all and rob money by purchase something...what a joke.War Inc game should not make a game like this!
  82. Dec 20, 2012
    The Developers are liars, the game is buggy, some textures are worst i have ever seen. Most important it's so **** boring - walking slowly through endless **** being killed by overpowered zombies and invisible players, etc. I just want my money back!
  83. Jan 31, 2013
    A complete piece of garbage. Some games just rip off others, and the results is often mediocre at best, but War Z beats records in terms of lazy game development. If trolling had its equivalent in the game industry, this game would be a fine example. Stay away from this sorry excuse for a quick cash grab.
  84. Jan 6, 2013
    Buyer beware. The fact that this game was removed from Steam should be all you need to know that it is a scam. Their current scheme is perma-banning honest users in order to have them repurchase the game. Anyone with insider knowledge knows this game will not exist 6 months from now. Save your money and buy Arma II on Steam to play Dayz.
  85. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is absolutely awful. Please, do not waste your money on this game that is a clear rip off of DayZ and is under supported by this greedy, banhappy developer. If you voice an opinion of dislike for the game, in any capacity (constructive criticism or otherwise) you will get a permanent ban and no option of refund.

Save yourself; but this game isn't the way to survive.
  86. Dec 20, 2012
    Absolutely shocking behaviour by this developer. DO NOT REWARD THIS DEVELOPER WITH MONEY.

In case you need more info - this guy made Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. Google it.

Rip-off merchant.
  87. Dec 18, 2012
    this game is crappy, it is really a huge scam
    dont buy it, just wait for the dayz standalone, like i am even tho i never played the actual mod
    if arma 2 co will be on sale i will get it just for the mod
  88. Dec 18, 2012
    Unpolished, unfinished and poorly thought through, War Z manages to disappoint me in ways I didn't think was possible. The producer is a moronic jackass, developers lie on a daily basis, there's no communication in their company and the game-play is still in very early alpha-stages. To top it all down, they are also trying to deny people their human rights by pre-emptively saying "No refunds" before the game was even released, knowing that it would have turned out like **** and that people would demand their money back. Good thing they used a 3rd party to transfer funds. Day Z fanboys raging at it before even seeing in-game footage aside, avoid this title like the plague and check back within a year or two to see if they've finished adding all the animations. Expand
  89. Dec 17, 2012
    Do not purchase this game. Many features listed on Steam are completely missing. The price was reduced to less than $15 in order to squeeze as much money from the game before it dies. I repeat: do not purchase this game, you will not get what you think you are getting. Just look at the War Z forums to see the problems.
  90. Dec 19, 2012
    The developers of this game obviously had evil intentions to make this game a pay to play but wasn't quite finished with the game so they charged people for it. Just recently they updated a in game payment for respawning???? So to the people that paid money here comes some more cash for you to throw at the game already. What's next? DO NOT BUY THIS GAME... You're NOT supporting the original creators of Day Z... They obviously rushed this to get the sales and screw everyone over. Just a side note the guy Kewk one of the developers http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkewk has Activision in his group profile so that basically says everything around the direction this games going.... Money grabbing... Save your money for Day Z they won't do something like this... Expand
  91. Dec 23, 2012
    It just goes to show you, spending a few months to ripoff someone else by making a frankengame composed of broken pieces and unfinished components, lying about features, banning anyone with criticism, showing fake set-up screenshots and denying your failings is not the way to go. Hey, at least it was nice of a hundred of Sergey's employees to join Metacritic so there would be some positive scores for his landslide failure. It's not like they were busy making a game or anything. Expand
  92. Dec 19, 2012
    To put it simply, this game is unfinished and broken at best. An embarrassment to a developer. Released way too early then it should have been and with a broken community. Save yourself, don't buy this.
  93. Mar 17, 2013
    I just playing this game, created a character and got in a newbie camp. trying to find out and run around. then i got raped by other player shooted me, look like a stupid people camping for killing a newbie ppl? cause it said PvE. all players can killing to other players. it called a PvP, not PvE. Well now got hour respawn. now wait? really? that's bs! well gg that's poorly game.
  94. Dec 18, 2012
    Poorly made rip off of Dayz. Most stated features are broken on non-existent. the single map is maybe 100 km, there are no private servers. even setting up a clan costs real money. The screen shots on steam are staged, there are no zombie hordes only a few here and there with no AI, This game was just a quick mod to the War inc engine to cash in on the popularity of Dayz, the game was rushed and it shows. There is really no point to playing this game, as a result all players have nothing left to do but sit around and camp waiting for someone to walk by so they can shoot them. I don't think this development company could make the game they say they wanted to make (which was just a laundry list of Dayz features). They seem very unprofessional and maybe a little shady. You are better off waiting for Dayz standalone or if you can't wait buy the Arma 2 pack off steam and get the Dayz mod for it. There will be a lot of fanboiz posting on here giving it 10/10, but this game is garbage and will not likely improve. Expand
  95. Jan 4, 2013
    ATTENTION: DO NOT BUY THIS GAME

The developers are straight out lying, and the game is NOT finished AT ALL. This is nothing but a quick cash grab. If you have bought this game, get you money back as soon as possible
  96. Dec 19, 2012
    Terrible game, can't even call it alpha ready, horrible animations, textures, very limited in mechanics, etc.

Feels like a cash grab from the developers.
  97. Dec 19, 2012
    I urge anyone, do not buy this sick scam of a game. The developers tried to cash in from the popularity of the mod Day-Z and are also using an ILLEGAL TOS agreement to stop victims from getting a refund.
  98. Feb 3, 2013
    This game is scam. Don't even try it. Inform yourself via google first. The games producer steals, insults and threathens people who criticize their product.
  99. Dec 19, 2012
    The idea is GREAT - the game and support of the developer however...just WOW....everyone else has pretty much stated anything I could hope to convey in a message - these guys for sure was just wanting to make a fast buck and this time the end-users seem to be letting a company know - they aren't going to take any crap this time around.
  100. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is **** The developers are **** I bought a Pioneer key (U$S29.99) on Oct 16th, been playing a while so I know a bit about this "game". This is just a ripoff with FALSE ADVERTISING. You can see the staged "screenshots" of locations that DOESNT exist in the game. Vehicles? Zombies grabbing/pushing characters? Zombies reacting to lights? All lies (they EVEN posted this FALSE screenshots in the steam page). They launched the game in this pitty state just to grab money, they lied since the beginning. The so called anti-cheat is a LIE. They say the ban cheaters, that´s a lie, they just ban random people so they can buy their piece of **** "game" again. Only thing positive I have to say, is that luckily after a fight of 2 weeks with "game support" and my credit card costumer support, I got the full refund. DO NOT BUY THIS. THIS GAME IS A SCAM! Ask the former War Inc community, these guys are the same devolpers, they abandoned that game to make this cash-grab of a game. Collapse

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.