1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 4013 Ratings

1. Dec 19, 2012
    Bought it for what I expected to be a take on Day Z with a professional team behind it. Turned out it was in an even worse state than a mod made for fun. Worse was that the things that were promised to me on the Steam page that put it ahead of Day Z were complete lies that you can probably read below. I'd give it half a point more on the score if it were possible simply because Steam isBought it for what I expected to be a take on Day Z with a professional team behind it. Turned out it was in an even worse state than a mod made for fun. Worse was that the things that were promised to me on the Steam page that put it ahead of Day Z were complete lies that you can probably read below. I'd give it half a point more on the score if it were possible simply because Steam is supposed to be giving me a refund and I hadn't been suckered by micro transactions yet, so I'm breaking even for alpha testing the heap.

I'm glad I got to say my piece though at the encouragement of the moderators on War Z's official forum. Surely they didn't expect something different.
  2. Dec 18, 2012
    If you are going to blatantly rip off a competitors title, at least do it right. Graphics are horrid, gameplay is broken and there is no intentions of fixing any of this other than broken promises. Hammerpoint Interactive had a failed title called War Inc. The game was doing terrible because the developers behind the game where terrible at their job. Dayz comes onto the scene and blows theIf you are going to blatantly rip off a competitors title, at least do it right. Graphics are horrid, gameplay is broken and there is no intentions of fixing any of this other than broken promises. Hammerpoint Interactive had a failed title called War Inc. The game was doing terrible because the developers behind the game where terrible at their job. Dayz comes onto the scene and blows the doors off. Hammerpoint see's an opportunity and reskins their game (War Inc.) and throws it out there as a zombie survival game. Same awful graphics, gameplay, bugs, hackers, etc as War inc.

War Inc. was a Free 2 Play game. With The War Z they slapped a sticker price to the game as well as keeping the existing cash shop from War Inc. in the game as a way to grow revenue. They knew that DayZ was hot and that if they copied Dayz that people would pay money to play their game. There was no reason to go Free 2 Play in order to attract a crowd, Dayz had already created it!

Their cash grab technique, lies about in game feature and their lies about the game being in development for 3 years is just utter ****

People naive enough to buy their game and report bugs in the forums got banned. Players trying to play legit got hacked on by devs and their friends who would use developer tools to spawn in items.

This game just stinks of ****
  3. Dec 19, 2012
    even here on metacitric it says: Genre: Massively Multiplayer... lie... (its a max. 50 player zombie fps sandbox)
    This game is a broken, unfinished skin of "war inc", and very bad rip off of DayZ.
    Its a huge cachgrab, i don't think i ever will buy anything from Hammerpoint Interactive again.
  4. Dec 19, 2012
    Do not purchase this game. Not only is the developer team a complete mess, so are the admins as well as the business with the micro-transactions. Not only did the developers lie and continual to lie on so many things regarding the game: Map is 9.8 Kilometers vs the advertised 100. Yes! the discrepency of 90.2 Kilometers. Or the fact that on release date, they added microtransactions, soDo not purchase this game. Not only is the developer team a complete mess, so are the admins as well as the business with the micro-transactions. Not only did the developers lie and continual to lie on so many things regarding the game: Map is 9.8 Kilometers vs the advertised 100. Yes! the discrepency of 90.2 Kilometers. Or the fact that on release date, they added microtransactions, so now you have to pay to respawn early or wait 4 HOURS! Are you serious? The list goes on. Expand
  5. Mar 17, 2014
    Poorly made rip-off of DayZ. The developers openly lied on the Steam store. In addition, they felt it necessary to have in-game purchases even though the game is already a rip-off.

This is the only game on Steam that Valve has ever openly handed out refunds for. Think about that.
  6. Dec 18, 2012
    Meecrob. That's the only world that properly describes this game. Most people are already aware how much of a terrible rip-off this game is, as it does not deliver on any of it's promises.
  7. Jan 4, 2013
    This game is a total flop in gaming history. Nothing but lies and unprofessional behaviour from the developers side, which leaves a game that is unpolished, unfinished and extremely disapointed thought through.
  8. May 28, 2014
    This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.
  9. Dec 19, 2012
    For starters it is the same group of people which created the ARMAII Mod, Day Z. Secondly, they clearly said on their site that it is pre-beta stage (Compared to Day Z which is in pre-alpha stage.) However there is still no excuse for charging $20 for it, the biggest laugh is it's not compatible with Windows XP, let's make a game, but don't make it for a gaming computer! VALVe has sinceFor starters it is the same group of people which created the ARMAII Mod, Day Z. Secondly, they clearly said on their site that it is pre-beta stage (Compared to Day Z which is in pre-alpha stage.) However there is still no excuse for charging $20 for it, the biggest laugh is it's not compatible with Windows XP, let's make a game, but don't make it for a gaming computer! VALVe has since removed it from being purchased on STEAM since they lied and said it was a finished product, which they later found out it wasn't. Might of been a good sell, but it's multiplier only. Got a full refund though. Expand
  10. Dec 19, 2012
    Got this game on Steam with no mention of it being in beta. The game is still a big mess and missing tons of features that were originally selling points. A ripoff of DayZ done horribly. Save yourself some time and cash and just skip this crap.
  11. Jul 19, 2013
    Summary: (Formerly known as "The War Z") It has been 5 months since the release of this "game", giving rise to a post-apocalyptic nightmare with 95% of the human race wiped out. To survive, you'll require a new hard drive partition, a new brain partition, and a lot of vodka. Some of you will go insane as you negotiate the uninstallation menus, others will be forced to fight for survival asSummary: (Formerly known as "The War Z") It has been 5 months since the release of this "game", giving rise to a post-apocalyptic nightmare with 95% of the human race wiped out. To survive, you'll require a new hard drive partition, a new brain partition, and a lot of vodka. Some of you will go insane as you negotiate the uninstallation menus, others will be forced to fight for survival as they encounter punkbuster bans and other players. Every decision has an effect on whether you live or how quickly you meet your death. Expand
  12. Jul 18, 2013
    Awful game. Awful support. They encourage you to buy microtransaction items that are only usable once. Then they'll ban you if you even ask for support or questions about bugs in the game. Terribly managed and executed.
  13. Dec 20, 2012
    Well, I had pre-purchases the game the day it was available. In the end I couldn't even get a refund because there's no support contact for first day purchasers as they weren't using a third party company to do their transactions until after the first day.. I wanted a refund because my ALPHA account got banned for no reason.
  14. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is horrible, the graphics I have not seen as bad since playstation.

Graphics aside its a stupid game if you die it takes four hours to respawn. Who thought that was a good idea? This game should be free 2 play but it is a pay to play game, you ahve to buy the game and the only way to play it once you buy it is to keep paying to respawn since 9 times out of 10 you will die
    This game is horrible, the graphics I have not seen as bad since playstation.

Graphics aside its a stupid game if you die it takes four hours to respawn.
    Who thought that was a good idea?

This game should be free 2 play but it is a pay to play game, you ahve to buy the game and the only way to play it once you buy it is to keep paying to respawn since 9 times out of 10 you will die out of spawn in under 2 minutes.
  15. Jul 11, 2013
    Funny how they changed the name and removed metracritic rating on steam. Almost got me. I don't recommend this game to anyone, I will rather recommend L4D or Dead Island if you want to kill zombies.
  16. Dec 19, 2012
    False advertising, and a terrible rip off of DayZ. It's horribly made, and the game devs tell more lies than truth. It's disgusting how little effort they put into changing this game from War Inc into Warz. 0/10 would not play again.
  17. Dec 20, 2012
    0 in score is too big for this game

I thought diablo 3 was the big disappointment in 2012, was totally fooled. This game sucks in every aspect, the game is not finished for being sold on Steam, the developers dont care about the buyers making funny about this situation, and if you say anything, you are banned from the forums
    I never will buy anything again of hammerpoint
  18. Dec 19, 2012
    What a scam, can't believe this game is on steam. It's nothing like DayZ and it has been managed very very bad. The developers fooled the people into believing it's something much more than it is.
  19. Dec 19, 2012
    This is an awful game where you spend a large amount of time moving about slowly, only to be killed by some "tough guy" who can use bots and exploits.
  20. Dec 19, 2012
    Already asked my refund. Kind of wondering "How the hell did this get to steam?" And now thinking on re-making that old Q-basic game which involved two gorillas throwing explosive bananas at each other with zombies and putting on steam also to get a quick cash.
  21. Mar 20, 2013
    Aside from the fact that warz is basically a clone of War Inc, one of the bigger FPS failures due to crappy coding, glitching, and dated graphics, The gameplay probably deserves a 2 or 3. However I rated them as a zero because of the lie upon lie they stated. They stated this was in the making well before dayz came out (When it's obviously a rip off of dayz), and they continued to makeAside from the fact that warz is basically a clone of War Inc, one of the bigger FPS failures due to crappy coding, glitching, and dated graphics, The gameplay probably deserves a 2 or 3. However I rated them as a zero because of the lie upon lie they stated. They stated this was in the making well before dayz came out (When it's obviously a rip off of dayz), and they continued to make many other lies in order to attempt to get a cash cow (Which they managed to do, I guess). Heck, they literally took the TOS from everquest 2 and just did a copy paste with no editing, and put it up a while back. You could literally see "Everquest 2". This is one of the companies that should be put to trial and sued for lies and slander. Expand
  22. Dec 21, 2012
    After pretty much knowing how much of a scam War Z was going to be before it was released I decided to buy it to just give it a fair go. This was a huge waste of money for me, I feel like I should have been paid to play this game. A complete scam to make money and they succeeded. It doesn't matter how much anybody complains now, they're rich now, they don't care what anybody thinks.
  23. Jul 13, 2013
    Simply "The War Z" with a different name because it was too close to comfort for "World War Z", same old crap, same old treatment, same terrible old game, don't support it, don't let anyone else support it and let VALVe know that you don't want this kind of garbage on STEAM.

What's even more amazing is the fact that they made no attempts to let people know that Infestation: Survivor Stories was simply The War Z. Terrible, terrible, bad.
  24. Feb 9, 2013
    This game sucks It is utter rubbish, and quite frankly, valve should be ashamed of letting it on steam. It is an unfinished completely utterly unremarkable farce. If you spend money on this, you're very silly. Please don't reward this business practice I strongly suggest you send a bit of feedback to valve and ask them why games like this are available on their service It's a completeThis game sucks It is utter rubbish, and quite frankly, valve should be ashamed of letting it on steam. It is an unfinished completely utterly unremarkable farce. If you spend money on this, you're very silly. Please don't reward this business practice I strongly suggest you send a bit of feedback to valve and ask them why games like this are available on their service It's a complete disgrace. Absolute disgrace... Expand
  25. Apr 10, 2013
    This game is an utter mess. Who would want to play this and if you would like to play this, why?! First off, it has horrible controls, bad graphics, badly optimized, dumb broken AI and what more? Well, it was on Steam and it came back to Steam which is probably the worst thing ever to come to my mind. It's over priced for such a bad game. It is also a rip off of DayZ, the awesome mod forThis game is an utter mess. Who would want to play this and if you would like to play this, why?! First off, it has horrible controls, bad graphics, badly optimized, dumb broken AI and what more? Well, it was on Steam and it came back to Steam which is probably the worst thing ever to come to my mind. It's over priced for such a bad game. It is also a rip off of DayZ, the awesome mod for Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead. Worst game of 2012. One more thing to mention: IT WAS MADE BY THE CREATORS OF BIG RIGS OVER THE ROAD RACING, which is a bad thing because the game is the worst game I have ever played in my entire life, along with Extreme Paintbrawl. Expand
  26. Jan 11, 2013
    This game company committed intentional fraud. They should be prosecuted to protect the consumer so that other companies don't do the same, with false advertising and draconian methods of punishing anyone who complained or even requested a refund.
  27. X0R
    Dec 26, 2012
    I bought WarZ prior to Steam, but it's development cycle has been really slow and actually feels more like a tweak-cycle to the existing client. This game has so much potential but currently is still pretty bad. With the choices the dev is making, it will never be great ...let alone mediocre. There's a lot of criticism and technical detailed info out on the web, so I won't repeat.I bought WarZ prior to Steam, but it's development cycle has been really slow and actually feels more like a tweak-cycle to the existing client. This game has so much potential but currently is still pretty bad. With the choices the dev is making, it will never be great ...let alone mediocre. There's a lot of criticism and technical detailed info out on the web, so I won't repeat. However, the community is one of the worst you'll find in the MMO world. If you love CoD-type hardcore PvP, you'll be right at home. If you're looking for a survival game where the real focus is on killing zombies, you won't find satisfaction in WarZ. You start out with nothing that will give you a chance to survive a close zombie encounter, which forces you into buildings that are typically stalked by PvP players who kill you for a granola bar. Many WarZ players that love the game overlook the approach the dev is taking to nickel-and-dime consumers, as well as his pathetic forum moderation which bans users for criticizing the game. While DayZ has negative aspects as well, it has a great developer that cares about releasing an excellent product - something the WarZ peeps are not focused on. Expand
  28. Dec 19, 2012
    There is no game. In fact, developpers are only thieves and swindlers who played with the desires of the players. The list of them misdeeds is oppressive, everything carries to believe that it is not only a question that of incompetence but well and truly an organization dedicated to earn money explitant the credulity of gamers.
  29. Dec 19, 2012
    This game raped my mother and killed my father. Do not buy this game unless you want to see your money go to an incompetent, lying dev. Worst Game of the decade.
  30. Apr 2, 2013
    Don't buy this game! It's a cash cow, a scam. The producers abused the hype arround the really good game "dayz" to rip the consumers off.
    - extremely bad and boring game world, invisible borders, huge distances with no variety and no things to find, unrealistic and bad item spawns, no swimming not even short distances (through a small stream)
    - boring gameplay, only deathmatch and no
    - boring gameplay, only deathmatch and no interaction between the players (except clans), many cheaters, dumb zumbies, the players move way too slow so the distances seem even longer than they are already
    - so many features that have been announced which will never be in the game only to get the people's money, all the screenshots on the developper's site look interesting but they're all fake.
    - boring graphics
    - ingame shop: people who spend the most money have advantages (for a f2p game it may be ok but we already payed for the game).
    - the whole game seems to be unfinished
    Again: Save the money, don't buy this game!
  31. Dec 21, 2012
    Garbage game. Game engine is terrible, glitches everywhere, and have to pay for in game content, even though the game isn't f2p... Noticed it was a bad rip off of DayZ, which while buggy, is still much better.
  32. Jul 22, 2013
    I honestly wish I read reviews before purchasing this game, I started off creating an account and 20 minutes later after actually managing to connect to servers I begin so you can understand my frustration when the game froze after 6 minutes forcing me to power off my PC (Ctrl+Alt+Del and a hard restart wouldn't work), I then started it again and noticed my character was killed when II honestly wish I read reviews before purchasing this game, I started off creating an account and 20 minutes later after actually managing to connect to servers I begin so you can understand my frustration when the game froze after 6 minutes forcing me to power off my PC (Ctrl+Alt+Del and a hard restart wouldn't work), I then started it again and noticed my character was killed when I powered off my PC so I either had to wait an hour or pay for my character to be re-spawned so instead I created another player and once again 10 minutes in it froze so I gave up and checked on their forums, apparently they have problems with hacks and also one dedicated player got banned and accused of being a hacker and got told where to go when he contacted the developers.

Appalling game that the game developers couldn't care less about, my tip is wait for Day Z to come out as this is a poor mans rip off!!
  33. Dec 19, 2012
    The War Z is nothing but a cash grab. A four hour character respawn time with the option to remove it with a microtransaction says it all. Ammo, which should be extremely rare in a zombie scavenging game, is available for purchase in huge amounts, as are weapon sights, food, etc. The developers make promise after promise and then try to turn things around on the community, saying, forThe War Z is nothing but a cash grab. A four hour character respawn time with the option to remove it with a microtransaction says it all. Ammo, which should be extremely rare in a zombie scavenging game, is available for purchase in huge amounts, as are weapon sights, food, etc. The developers make promise after promise and then try to turn things around on the community, saying, for example, that we misread the Steam store page that listed false features. (Forbes even posted an article about the false advertising and Steam has since pulled the game from their store). Avoid at all costs. Expand
  34. Dec 20, 2012
    I would make a long review and list and explain all the faults of the game, devs, publiser, Sergey 'Big Rigs' Titov, etc, but frankly it's a waste of time. Let's put it this way, 90% of the people that bought it in this state regret their purchase. Don't do the same thing to yourself. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
  35. Jul 18, 2013
    Do not waste your money on this game. This game use to be warz and they renamed it because
    nobody was buying the game based on the fact is is garbage.
  36. Dec 19, 2012
    Probably the worst game I have ever played. This game is completely unfinished, yet released on steam as a finished game, asking for a whole $15 for it. Textures suck, Animations suck, and there are bugs everywhere. Hacking in the game is rampant, which is a huge problem considering you loose all your items, and it takes 4 whole hours to play again once you get killed (by another hackingProbably the worst game I have ever played. This game is completely unfinished, yet released on steam as a finished game, asking for a whole $15 for it. Textures suck, Animations suck, and there are bugs everywhere. Hacking in the game is rampant, which is a huge problem considering you loose all your items, and it takes 4 whole hours to play again once you get killed (by another hacking playing in 9 out of 10 cases). It is a cash scam, plain and simple. I am sure this game will not be supported, and there will be no servers 6 months from now. Save your self the time and the money and do not buy this game. Play something else, pretty much anything else. Expand
  37. Jun 15, 2013
    OH. MY. GOD. This is the most pitiful excuse for a game I've ever seen. Even more so than Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing! (At least you could make fun of that game!). Please, DO NOT get it. It's a Pay to Win type of game, except it's not F2P. The Dev team is a bunch of scammers! Even if this is free, don't waste your harddrive space!
  38. Feb 27, 2013
    This is simply unplayable. I have deep respect for valve and steam, and when they removed it- I was really happy they were keeping some kind of standard. But not it is BACK!! And still crap! When I first saw screenshots and so on, I was really thrilled for a game better than day z, but god was i wrong.. NEVER BUY THIS GAME! Or anything from the producers, this isnt the first game they madeThis is simply unplayable. I have deep respect for valve and steam, and when they removed it- I was really happy they were keeping some kind of standard. But not it is BACK!! And still crap! When I first saw screenshots and so on, I was really thrilled for a game better than day z, but god was i wrong.. NEVER BUY THIS GAME! Or anything from the producers, this isnt the first game they made that are CRAP! Expand
  39. Apr 1, 2013
    I really can't add to anything hasn't already been stated hundreds of times before. Broke game, can't swim, extolling money for pay to win items, hackers galore, banning people regardless of what they were doing, and generally horrible business practices... Stay away from this game and company at all costs.
  40. Dec 19, 2012
    Best game ever made! And its made by the same guy that made big rigs(one of the worst games of all time)!! That means WarZ should be GREAT!! **** THIS PIECE OF **** TURD **** WARZ ****ING SCAM **** BOTH GAMES RELEASED IN ALPHA SERGEY TITOV BEST GAME DEVELOPER EVER
  41. Dec 20, 2012
    if you have a cheap computer i recomend running this game on that computer and setting that computer on fire it will buff your charisma for one hour with the gods favour.
  42. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is dreadfully bad! Probably one of the worst games I've played this year. Clearly not finished by any stretch of imagination. Not to mention the Dev's bad business practice and their immature anti-consumer behaviour. This game will get zero points from me!
  43. Dec 19, 2012
    Biggest ripoff of the year, I want every euro I spent on this game back. WarZ is the worst game I ever played. And that doesn't sum it all, if they had done their best to do their game, I'd forget it. No, they just planned to **** us all with false advertising, false promises, false screenshots, false videos, false EVERYTHING.

Don't. Buy. It. Or anything that guy/company will ever

Don't. Buy. It. Or anything that guy/company will ever release. 0, this game doesn't deserve more.
  44. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is absolutely horrible. Horrible textures, horrible animations, horrible map, horrible physics and on top of it all pay to win. It is also filled with hackers and glitchers.
  45. Feb 26, 2013
    This game is absolutely terrible. It is being marketed and is on sale as if it were a full game when it's really still in alpha development phase. The developers are already cashing in on those who are unlucky enough to fall for the false promises made on this game. It's also extremely pay-to-win. After forking over real cash for fake credit, you and another player can have a walletThis game is absolutely terrible. It is being marketed and is on sale as if it were a full game when it's really still in alpha development phase. The developers are already cashing in on those who are unlucky enough to fall for the false promises made on this game. It's also extremely pay-to-win. After forking over real cash for fake credit, you and another player can have a wallet battle, where each person pays to respawn faster in order to regain the loot they lost. Eventually, someone gives up and loses their stuff to the other guy or runs out of money, and the developers have gotten the players to spend potentially huge amounts of money for absolutely nothing. It also robs the players of any reward they may have received by doing well unless they're willing to pay up to the developers in order to get their character to respawn faster than the other guy. Expand
  46. Jul 5, 2013
    That game HAD potential, but developers only wanted your cash, game is only part of their plan. Don't buy this game! If your friend is enjoying this game, say him he's crazy. It's just tons of bugs. What a terrible thing. I never saw worse game...
  47. Dec 19, 2012
    Buyer Beware, this game fails to deliver! The developers lie about features and the graphics and animations are awful. Don't support these people. I wasted $20 on this game, so don't make the same mistake I did. AVOID AT ALL COST!
  48. Dec 19, 2012
    "A Zombie MMO! isn't that great?" DON'T BE FOOLED, the game is far from a MMO, I dont know what the Devs were thinking but they even ripped off the League of Legends EULA, seriously, EVEN their PROMO SCREEN has ripped off images from The Walking Dead, what we have here is just an attempt of getting your HARD earned money with blatantly lies and misinformation, I repeat: RESEARCH about the"A Zombie MMO! isn't that great?" DON'T BE FOOLED, the game is far from a MMO, I dont know what the Devs were thinking but they even ripped off the League of Legends EULA, seriously, EVEN their PROMO SCREEN has ripped off images from The Walking Dead, what we have here is just an attempt of getting your HARD earned money with blatantly lies and misinformation, I repeat: RESEARCH about the game first, it was removed from Steam because of the lies they've written, the game is full of hackers and lacking the content that was promised in the game info. Expand
  49. Dec 19, 2012
    Its just AWFUL AWFUL game. You should not buy this. Devs are horrible, and its unbalanced. This game is not complete, its still an early alpha, **** of bugs.
  50. Jul 19, 2013
    I bought this game for $3.49. I should have just bought a cheap cigar and put it out in my eye. This game is bad as they say. There is little even for a big zombie enthusiast to enjoy here. the levels are really big with nothing between camp sites but glitchy forests, not even wayward zombies. The game is geared towards making you spend real money on gear.

DO NOT BUY THIS AT ALL!
  51. Jan 27, 2013
    ToS plagiarism + DayZ ripoff + poor graphics/textures + poor sound quality + poor animation + poor gameplay + bad UI + overpriced IAP + one hour respawn time = SCAM.
  52. Jan 28, 2014
    I have been waiting to give a review since I naively paid for this so called game when it came out. DO NOT BUY THIS DO NOT EVEN PLAY IT you will save yourself a lot of time and trouble.

The developers are **** and are simply money grabbing pricks who force purchasing of in game items to play. It is a shining example of greed and the shame of the gaming community.
  53. Dec 22, 2012
    This game is full of bugs and hacker. Hopefully the producer falls in bankruptcy. And the producer of this game puts the blame on the players. Most do not realize that they are not players, but they made ​​a game that ****
  54. Dec 20, 2012
    This game is a bait and switch, where the customer is the mark. Hammerpoint sells their games as if it was a feature-complete game, while it is, for all practical purposes, in alpha-stage. That is quite apart from the blatant lies in the marketing (still present on the WarZ homepage, nevermind the Steam store page) and the ludicrous claim that it is an "MMO".
  55. Jan 1, 2013
    This game was AT THE VERY LEAST 2-5 months of development away until it would be ready for general consumption. And then for any fan complaining about the poor conditions of the game to be silenced or banned for doing so. This game is without question illegal to sell to any consumer for its incredibly false advertisement of features that never were released into the actual game. STAY AWAYThis game was AT THE VERY LEAST 2-5 months of development away until it would be ready for general consumption. And then for any fan complaining about the poor conditions of the game to be silenced or banned for doing so. This game is without question illegal to sell to any consumer for its incredibly false advertisement of features that never were released into the actual game. STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME Expand
  56. Oct 27, 2013
    This game is pure the company is pure and the customer support is pure pile of Don't give you money to this big joke of a so called "game company" it is worthless it should not exist! This is the bigges misstake of the year. They also perment ban people who bought the game for no reason. A company full of retards this is.
  57. Jan 20, 2013
    This game has just joined the ranks of Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. DO NOT BUY. Bugs galore, there is nothing in this game that should stand out. You would be much safer sticking with DayZ.
  58. Dec 21, 2012
    There's not much I can say that hasn't already been written, so I'll just confirm that the majority of what you have read is true. I'll also take this time to direct you to a mod for the game ARMA 2 called DayZ. If you want to play a game like The WarZ, but by a developer who actually cares about customers and the game, look it up.
  59. Dec 18, 2012
    After having played hundreds of hours in DayZ , i figured i could use a change of pace , tough i had previous knowledge/doubts about this game , it was reasonable enough for me to buy into the ALPHA of this game , and to play/test the proof of concept.
    I knew what i was getting in to and even tough it seemed shady and like a cash grab , I've somewhat enjoyed the game playing with friends (tough it's mostly the playing with friends i enjoyed , the game was fairly terrible and buggy).
    Now coming to recent times , I've found out they ACTUALLY HAD THE AUDACITY TO RELEASE THIS PIECE OF **** AS A FINISHED PRODUCT?!
    How dare they...
    It's a blatant lie that this game has been in development for years , it's simply a mod on their ****ty game "War INC" for which you have to pay a retail price , AND you can buy in-game items with a micro-transaction system that considerably increase your probability of survival (IN A SURVIVAL GAME).
    The steam page with blatant lies , random banning , irresponsible moderators , lead developer that has the English vocabulary of a 6 year old and the issues with their refund company (Xsolla) all give this bonus points towards rating this game a ZERO.
    I would have given it a minus infinity , as you can hardly call this a game in it's current state , and it should be taken off of steam IMMEDIATELY.
    Hammerpoint INC should be ashamed of themselves.
  60. Dec 21, 2012
    This "garbage" is probably the biggest scam in gaming history. They just ripped of dayz ideas and tried to scam as many people as possible... The Positive reviews about this thing are probably from their own PR department which actualy does more work than the programic section of their company...
    Ask steam for refundation while you can!
  61. Dec 19, 2012
    This is a genuinely bad game: buggy beyond belief, mediocre graphics, shoddy micro transactions and sluggish controls are just this tip of the iceberg.
    Save your cash.
  62. Dec 28, 2012
    This game was a total ripoff at Launch. When you put in Cash shop and REAL WORLD money transactions BEFORE you put in basic game features and smash BUGS that are game breaking. I CALL YOU A RIPOFF. Plus the Lead Producer is a LAIR. Never trust him or this company.
  63. Dec 21, 2012
    Three words: A horrible game. However, I would still give a horrible game a 2 or a 3 for the effort of the devs, but I don't feel like the developers of The War Z even deserve these points. If you ban and insult your very own players because they don't like your game and complain about it on forums, you're doing it wrong. Feedback is the base of every game that excists. Developers thatThree words: A horrible game. However, I would still give a horrible game a 2 or a 3 for the effort of the devs, but I don't feel like the developers of The War Z even deserve these points. If you ban and insult your very own players because they don't like your game and complain about it on forums, you're doing it wrong. Feedback is the base of every game that excists. Developers that didn't listen to its customers useally failed to deliver a decent game and that is exactly what is happening here. Also, I've read a few articles that claim that half of 'The War Z' its content is stolen (The Walking Dead). Anyway: If you really like zombie games, and you really want this game, don't do it: you will be dissapointed and 'Hammerpoint Interactive' don't deserve a single penny. Expand
  64. Jan 9, 2013
    Awful scam! Stay away from this game and any game that Sergey Titov is involved with! They just tried to pick off some fast money on the Day Z hype (great mod/game) - DO NOT BUY!
  65. Dec 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. No point in reviewing this. The videos speak for themselves see youtube. Don't Buy It! Since I have to make it 150 characters. Don't be the girl that wanders into the house and explores because she was told there was a monster inside. Let me just say that there is no reason for this thing to be out in the wild other than for an executive to make some sort of bonus. Expand
  66. Jan 6, 2013
    This game supposed to be interesting and fresh in its idea but it isn't. It's a bad made Day Z clone with bad game mechanics, below mediocre graphics, laughable sound design and non existent depth. The servers are rushed by player killers, hackers, cheaters and terrible bugs. The items in game are actually bought through a micro transaction shop for real money and get lost when you gotThis game supposed to be interesting and fresh in its idea but it isn't. It's a bad made Day Z clone with bad game mechanics, below mediocre graphics, laughable sound design and non existent depth. The servers are rushed by player killers, hackers, cheaters and terrible bugs. The items in game are actually bought through a micro transaction shop for real money and get lost when you got killed! Full loot PvP with micro transaction items? come on... that's what I would call a pure cash grab method. Additional to this circumstances that renders the game worthless already the developers and moderators are showing up a totalitarian behaviour refusing refunds, banning users just for asking for, banning users for telling the truth, even banning playing users after a while to force them to buy this **** again.

That's what I would call a fraudulent tactic and an immoral behaviour.
  67. Dec 20, 2012
    Honestly, this game is a prime example of the complete **** of the **** of this years games (and not in the "good" way). It is literally just War Inc. with zombies added in, a cheap shot at trying to ride on Day Zs popularity to make some quick cash. Steam description flat out lied (stated maps have over 100km even though there's only 1 with barely 10km) and then after being changed it wasHonestly, this game is a prime example of the complete **** of the **** of this years games (and not in the "good" way). It is literally just War Inc. with zombies added in, a cheap shot at trying to ride on Day Zs popularity to make some quick cash. Steam description flat out lied (stated maps have over 100km even though there's only 1 with barely 10km) and then after being changed it was covered up and buyers were blamed for "misreading" it. The forum IP bans anyone asking for refunds or people who haven't even bought the game; and I'm not even going to go into the rumors about Arktos randomly banning people to scare away hackers or to encourage them to re-buy the game. Oh, and even the cover art contains tracings of scenes from 'The Walking Dead'. Just sayin'.

As for the main aspects of the game itself, animation is horrific, enemy AI is stupid and buggy, the fall damage system is whole new joke of its own, 1 hour respawn times and volatile equipment makes for a boring game, just moving about or trying to find equipment is unfairly hard (and I'm one of the people who said Dark Souls DIDN'T have artificial difficulty), game encourages you to spend money on seemingly "useful" **** and to top it all off the entire environment basically looks like someone took a dump on plate and served it with a dressing of salad leaves and oatmeal. Final verdict: Just buy **** ARMA II and get Day Z instead.
  68. Dec 19, 2012
    Words cannot simply describe how bad this game is, but I'll do my best. First off, if you're a War Z fan boy, don't bother telling me about how the game is only in alpha/beta. The developers clearly 'forgot' to mention this fact on the Steam store page. Thousands of people have purchased it, expecting a finished game, yet they have received an absolute **** fest.

Let's get down to my

Let's get down to my initial experience. As a regular DayZ player I least have some knowledge of how to play this sort of game. During my first life, I went to a trailer park and found two unarmed players. I got to talking to them and we agreed to team. Within about 5 seconds of me turning my back they began to hit me with their flashlights (note: I stated to them that I had nothing of worth, as did they). I tried to run away but thanks to the game's ****ty stamina system, I died.

5 minutes into my second life, I ran into a building in a small town looking for loot and was immediately killed by someone wielding a knife. No hesitation, no time to react, dead.

5 minutes into my third life the same pretty much happened but it was at a different location on the map and they killed me with a gun this time. (note: I had nothing, I was barely even a threat, I didn't even go close to them before they shot/stabbed me down).

Barely 3 minutes into my fourth (and final) life I was shot by sniper, completely out of the blue for no reason. After that I decided that I'd had enough.

It's basically Call of Duty with overpowered zombies thrown in. They kill you in about 5 hits and when you're stamina runs out (which it does fairly quickly) they run faster than you.

It's bad enough that they had to copy DayZ but they've done such a bad job of it.

If you're thinking about buying this game I strongly recommend that you don't. Wait for the DayZ standalone.

TL;DR: CoD with Zombies. Awful game.
  69. Dec 19, 2012
    First of all game is not bad for alpha and free to play game. But when you must pay game minimum 10 dollars and more in game with microtransactions there is a big problem. Fake advertising on steam and so on. I really was thinking this game will be very good one time but i dont think now.
  70. Dec 19, 2012
    This is quite literally the worst game I have ever played in my life, and I have played some poor games. It is missing the majority of features listed, it is not ready for release by a country mile but is clearly cashing in on the slowing down dayz/zombie train.

You begin with a flashlight, which is impossible to turn off. You cannot turn off your flashlight. For the love of god why not?

Honestly, please, just save your money. Burn your money. Whatever, just don't support utter garbage business practices like this. Please.
  71. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is a fraud. Not a single claimed feature is true, the game is buggy and boring.
    Some Textures are worse than sprites from DooM, and the gameplay feels almost non-existant.
  72. Dec 18, 2012
    I usually believe that people give zero ratings to games just to pull them down because they are massively over hyped (see Halo, Call of duty etc), however zero in the War Z actually means zero.

I will list a few reasons as to why this game deserves a 0 - The game play is clunky with poor animations, broken mechanics and invisible walls - The Item spawns seem to break soon after

I will list a few reasons as to why this game deserves a 0
    - The Item spawns seem to break soon after server restarts,
    - Servers need restarting regularly and can be unstable
    - Ammunition can be brought for real money as can food and other survival equipment,
    - Newbie ganking is the meta,
    - Extremely suspect development team with other great titles like big rig racing,
    - Development targets are never hit and many "features" that were promised months ago are never delivered
    - Heavily moderated forum that often has negative feedback deleted, - The games producer admits to abandoning their development of another game to start this game following the success of DayZ though the lead developer denies this.
  73. Dec 21, 2012
    This game is a massive cash-crop scam. Seriously, DO NOT PURCHASE THIS GAME. You will be disappointed. I am working on getting a refund. It was false advertising before it even began. GET YOUR MONEY BACK ASAP!
  74. Dec 19, 2012
    DON'T BUY IT!!!!! This game was made in not time to jump on the DayZ/Walking Dead bandwagon and released too early to cash in on the Christmas sales.

The game itself is unbalanced, the textures and animations are outdated. Loads of bugs! The game world feels empty, the maps are small but getting from A to B takes ages because of low running speed. The Ingame-Shop is more of pay to win model. (you can buy ammo) .
  75. Dec 19, 2012
    Well I don't really know what I can say to make people reconsider buying this game, by this point you should have heard all the controversy surrounding this game so you have either decided to stick with this game in the hopes that its going to get better or you have realized that it is a total pile of garbage that will be dead in a week, This game is awful, it runs like sh*t and it isWell I don't really know what I can say to make people reconsider buying this game, by this point you should have heard all the controversy surrounding this game so you have either decided to stick with this game in the hopes that its going to get better or you have realized that it is a total pile of garbage that will be dead in a week, This game is awful, it runs like sh*t and it is buggy as hell, not to mention there is a whole lot of false advertising in the hopes that it will trick people into buying this game. If you are still set on buying this garbage then i implore you to look up "big rigs over the road racing" which is a game made by the same developer of war z and got the well deserved title of "worst game of all time" Expand
  76. Jan 12, 2013
    This is one of those games that makes the rest of the world hate Russians. The developers are just mad because their country has forced conscription and they want to make enough money to bribe the government to keep their disgusting eurotrash **** asses out of harm's way or perhaps they want to make enough rubles to get literally any woman to get close to their greasy toad dick but littleThis is one of those games that makes the rest of the world hate Russians. The developers are just mad because their country has forced conscription and they want to make enough money to bribe the government to keep their disgusting eurotrash **** asses out of harm's way or perhaps they want to make enough rubles to get literally any woman to get close to their greasy toad dick but little do they know that even prostitutes have standards and to pull some retarded INDIE GAME DEVELOPER **** trick would be a grave insult to what little bit of pride they have left. Devs please kill yourself stop breathing stop using up precious resources just stop existing and maybe everyone won't tar every single person in Russia with the same brush. Expand
  77. Feb 23, 2013
    Some people try to prove that this game is good, because they got wallet raped and they don't want to admit the mistake they have done. If you want to buy the game clearly check TotalBiscuit game play and check reviews of the game before buying it. The textures are ugly and so on. Unfinished game and for those that saying that the game is in alpha/beta The Game Is Already Charging Money!Some people try to prove that this game is good, because they got wallet raped and they don't want to admit the mistake they have done. If you want to buy the game clearly check TotalBiscuit game play and check reviews of the game before buying it. The textures are ugly and so on. Unfinished game and for those that saying that the game is in alpha/beta The Game Is Already Charging Money! Hell even you pay items that you can lose in few seconds. And for those stating that the game was in development 1/2/3 years, they are right because they already were working on a previous game called war inc that is f2p and a copy paste just without zombies. Terrible game, even devs ban people for scaring hackers away. Better get skyrim or something else for your money than this "game". Expand
  78. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is essentially the story of the mad king. But first we need to understand the background of the company. The entire games history is half truths and down right lies. According to their forum rules you must not "Steal Copywrited Work" unfortunately this doesn't seem to apply to them. Not only did they STEAL League of Legends ToS - the best part is they left the link of league ofThis game is essentially the story of the mad king. But first we need to understand the background of the company. The entire games history is half truths and down right lies. According to their forum rules you must not "Steal Copywrited Work" unfortunately this doesn't seem to apply to them. Not only did they STEAL League of Legends ToS - the best part is they left the link of league of legends inside the terms of service for War Z. Then their great zombie logo is actually stolen screen grabs from the t.v show The Walking Dead photoshoped. Oh but lets get onto the game. The War Z is actually just a Mod of War Inc.. A Free 2 Play game owned by the parent company Hammer Point. Essentially what they tried to do is the reverse of DayZ. In DayZ's case, they used most of the models and gameplay concepts from ARMA 2 and released a mod with a few changes. In WarZ's case it was almost the opposite. You are actually paying for the Mod. They used alot of the assets and same engine from War Inc., changed a few things around, and made you pay for the mod Instead. Essentially if you played War Inch, add a bunch of zombies and shoot, an you got War Z. Now onto the business side of War Z. War Z has a great reputation for banning dissenters. You say anything bad anywhere, your account gets banned - no reason given. Essentially its like a mad king killing those who oppose him. Not only that, this king blames his subjects for "mis-reading" his words, instead of manning up saying he didn't correctly explain the product description. So if you want to support a company that steals other products, blames its customers, bans accounts without reason. Support War Z. Otherwise Down with the King. Expand
  79. May 12, 2013
    the war z is nothing but an impudently scam. lying about production and releasing a totally bugged and unfinished game which does NOT contain the promised features. they charge money to rent your own server and what? you can not even control your own server! if you want items or weapons on YOUR OWN server you have to PAY for them on your own server. that is so unbelievable impudent!
  80. Dec 22, 2012
    This game is quite possibly one of the worst games i have ever had the misfortune of playing. If this ever climbs out of the deep hole it has dug itself into in alpha, i might play i a little bit more. Until then the only good experience of this game is being able to un-install it.
  81. Dec 24, 2012
    I paid 50 bucks for this (Legendary) and honestly would have rather spent my money on a blowjob from a cheap hooker named Martha with no teeth. DO NOT BUY THIS GARBAGE.
  82. Jan 17, 2013
    Bought the game on Steam, I couldn't log in. Sent a ticket through their support; no response. Sent another ticket in through support. Again, no response. This was over a month ago, and I'm still waiting to hear back. Fortunately, Steam was nice enough to give me a refund. 0 score, because the developers don't seem to provide any support for this game whatsoever.
  83. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is a scam. Most of the marketing claims are lies, and the small amount of game left is a greedy money grab at best. The developers are taking advantage of the players and have recently shut down the entire patch notes section of the WarZ forum due to the idea to increase the respawn clock to 4 hours and charge the players real money if they do not want to wait. Not only are theThis game is a scam. Most of the marketing claims are lies, and the small amount of game left is a greedy money grab at best. The developers are taking advantage of the players and have recently shut down the entire patch notes section of the WarZ forum due to the idea to increase the respawn clock to 4 hours and charge the players real money if they do not want to wait. Not only are the developers being dishonest, they are actually breaking the law by stating in the TOS that you cannot get refunds while using false advertising. Once you get past the illegal cash grab, you find a terrible game that looks suspiciously like it has been thrown together in the time since DayZ became popular. The game is buggy, ugly, incomplete, and (and, at the time of this review) illegal.
    If you are going to rip off a popular title, at least do it right. Please do not support these lying developers.
  84. Dec 18, 2012
    This is by far one of the very worse games i have ever played and i have been playing video games sense the late 70's, it has no objectives or anything resembling a mission, all you do is walk around for hours to get anywhere just to die by a horde our get killed by another player when you get to where ya wanna be.
    So many things are broken about it, if you die it can be hours before you
    So many things are broken about it, if you die it can be hours before you can respawn unless you pay real money for it and when you do you start without the items you originally started with which is crucial.
    Warning! don't buy items from market unless your willing to lose them upon death, this game is nothing more than a money maker.
  85. Dec 21, 2012
    If you get banned for saying whats wrong with the game i don't think it deserves any score above 0. When players are getting banned for expressing their option you know its a dark time in the gaming industry.
  86. Jan 31, 2013
    This is far away from a beta, you will regret buying! Get DayZ, I didn´t like arma and its not really user friendly but its worth it! Dont waste your time with garbage!
  87. Dec 19, 2012
    Don't was your time and money on these con-artists, they will ban your account for 'hacking' even though you're a legit player, the reason behind it? If you clock a lot of hours and enjoy the game they will figure you will re-buy the game cause it doesn't cost much and you enjoy the game, what a joke STEER CLEAR!
  88. Jan 7, 2013
    This Game is BAD!!! did they even test it..? around every corner is LAG LAG LAG even more lag. do not waste your money on this. even if its free i wouldn't play it, THATS HOW BAD IT IS. it could of been MUCH BETTER!!
  89. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is an unfinished, buggy piece of **** This game has misleading advertising on its Steam page, they lie about the size of the maps and the amount of players per map. And on top of that, it is a buy to play game that has micro transactions, and guess what, you die once , you lose what you purchased for real money. Even if these issues weren't present the game is still a boringThis game is an unfinished, buggy piece of **** This game has misleading advertising on its Steam page, they lie about the size of the maps and the amount of players per map. And on top of that, it is a buy to play game that has micro transactions, and guess what, you die once , you lose what you purchased for real money. Even if these issues weren't present the game is still a boring piece of **** Games should never be sold in this state, if you have a brain, you will avoid it. Expand
  90. Dec 19, 2012
    This game has zero redeeming factors, so it gets a zero. Take it from me, someone who has bought, played, and then refunded the game. You are randomly thrown into a large baron map with literally nothing to do and no direction on how to do it. All of the good items in the game require you to pay real money for them. If you don't like PvPing then there i s LITERALLY zero content and fun toThis game has zero redeeming factors, so it gets a zero. Take it from me, someone who has bought, played, and then refunded the game. You are randomly thrown into a large baron map with literally nothing to do and no direction on how to do it. All of the good items in the game require you to pay real money for them. If you don't like PvPing then there i s LITERALLY zero content and fun to be had in this game. There are no missions, no story, no quests, barely any NPCs, no dungeons, no way to group up with friends (or even send them private messages), no vehicles to ride in, no skills to level up, NOTHING. You just wander around a bunch of scenery and either get chased by zombies, or try to kill other people for their belongings. The only good getting their belongings does you is that you will be able to survive a little longer. The thing is, you're surviving and doing nothing at all. Most people sit and snipe players. The rest are hackers. People have invisibility mods and all sorts of other things that just completely ruin the game. Do yourself a favor and stay far far far away from this game. I thought maybe the game had a shot if they were calling this a an alpha or a beta, but the lead game developer just came out and said "As far as I'm concerned The War Z is in a stage when we're ready to stop calling it Beta. This is a basic version Expand
  91. Jan 17, 2013
    Disgusting money grab. Devs saw the success that dayz was having and decided to tag along with a game that took no effort at all. It is basically a zombie mod for a game by the name of War Inc. They ban random players and then make no effort to help them or even accept that they were wrongly banned. Worst game of 2012.
  92. Mar 12, 2013
    I played the game in alpha stage. It was crap. I played the game in it's beta stage. Nothing changed but they added safe zones that aren't actually safe in any way shape or form. I filled out a million bug reports but nothing got fixed. After the 'release', the game is still not what it should be. It's not a game, it's a catastrophe.
  93. Dec 17, 2012
    This game is TERRIBLE. The features are all crappy rip-offs of features DayZ has, and the Dev's wishlist is the same. The screenshots featured in advertisements are LIES. they feature actions that are literally impossible in the game. The clan feature is only available in the in-game store, usually a free feature in MMO's. The advertise dozens of skills yet the actual number is ZERO! TheThis game is TERRIBLE. The features are all crappy rip-offs of features DayZ has, and the Dev's wishlist is the same. The screenshots featured in advertisements are LIES. they feature actions that are literally impossible in the game. The clan feature is only available in the in-game store, usually a free feature in MMO's. The advertise dozens of skills yet the actual number is ZERO! The playerbase is also 60% hackers but so far most of those banned are innocent due too the poorly implemented "bait" pick-ups they use to catch hackers. The servers also crach inexplicably on a regular basis. The zombies AI is the worst I have ever seen, and i've seen some pretty bad AI. if you dont believe me check the steam forums for every positive comment their are dozens calling for a free refund. In conclusion there is absolutely no reason to buy this game especially when the vastly superior DayZ is FREE. Expand
  94. Dec 17, 2012
    The idea and concept behind War Z would be a winner in most every gamers library, unfortunately it has been poorly executed by Hammerpoint. There is a massive population of gamers who would enjoy playing a true Zombie Survival MMO, however this game falls short in all 3 of those words. ◎ Zombie. There are zombies in the game, and is probably the highest selling point for this game.The idea and concept behind War Z would be a winner in most every gamers library, unfortunately it has been poorly executed by Hammerpoint. There is a massive population of gamers who would enjoy playing a true Zombie Survival MMO, however this game falls short in all 3 of those words. ◎ Zombie. There are zombies in the game, and is probably the highest selling point for this game. Unfortunately the zombies are pointless in the game, and leave much to be desired. One would think in a Zombie Survival game, your biggest fear would be zombies. This is untrue. Players are your worst enemy, and zombies are there to be filler and annoying at most. The zombies in War Z have poor AI, and there is no variety in zombies.

◎ Survival. Yes the game has food and water, plus you have to find supplies to keep your health replenished. However, your not trying to survive against zombies. Your trying to survive from other players. Simply put, please don't let this game fool you. This is the truth. You'll be lured and filtered into towns for supplies, however soon find that they are filled with campers, server hoppers, and of course a extremely high population of hackers. Beware up front, trying to get to the safe zones is not an easy feat, due to safe zone campers.

◎ MMO. Don't let the 100 players fool you as well. Right now the servers sport a MAX population of 50 per server. Battlefield 3 has more than this. This game is far from being an MMO, so beware. You won't be in a HUGE world with hundreds of people. Instead, a single map that has 50 people.

Below are also the promised features listed and included with the game, per the Official Steam page.

◇ Two modes of Play: Normal and Hardcore
    FALSE. Hardcore mode does not work and is not yet implemented. You can create a hardcore character, however there are no differences as it stands between normal and hardcore.

◇ Meld of PVE(Player versus Environment) and PVP(Player versus Player)
    FALSE. No PVE content. This game will force you into PVP as it contains no PVE. You are looting and scavenging to stay alive against other players. Simple as that.

◇ Up to 100 Players per Game Server
    FALSE. MAX right now is 50. If they raise it further, game is over crowded. They already tried this before releasing the game on Steam.

◇ Dedicated Public Servers as well as Private Servers
    FALSE. This feature isn't even in the game yet.

It's made to look like there are massive hordes of Zombies that your trying to stay alive against. The truth is, turn those zombies into other survivors attempting to kill you and it would lean more towards the truth.
    Below I break down each of the topics listed on their main site.

◎ FIRST ZOMBIE MMO

I have a hard time accepting that this game could even be considered an MMO. In the current state, the existing Colorado map supports a low population of 50, and you have hundreds of individual game servers. Look at Battlefield which supports 64 players, and offers server rentals. Battlefield is not called an MMO, and why? It's not. Hammerpoint should re-evaluate this statement, as there are very few additions that separate it from any other FPS game. The few unique features it does have, such as a food and water meter, random spawning gear, inventory, do not make it an MMO. It should be considered a Zombie Survival FPS game, not MMO. NOTE! This is not my review but i want to share it as it states so many good points! the original post can be found @steamforums http://steamcommunity.com/app/226700/discussions/0/828925216535135621/
  95. Dec 18, 2012
    The developers are liars and the game is a scam. The Steam release 'features' dedicated and private servers with up to 100 people and over 40 weapons! Just two of the lies Hammerpoint Interactive have been feeding us. The game's evidently non-existent anti-cheat makes playing a horrible experience (if it wasn't already for the poor physics and AI) and the community of the game seem toThe developers are liars and the game is a scam. The Steam release 'features' dedicated and private servers with up to 100 people and over 40 weapons! Just two of the lies Hammerpoint Interactive have been feeding us. The game's evidently non-existent anti-cheat makes playing a horrible experience (if it wasn't already for the poor physics and AI) and the community of the game seem to treat it as though it's Call of Doody and shoot to kill on sight. The fact that Hammerpoint seemingly ban players at random is even more baffling! Unless, of course, it is a ploy on their part to try and scrounge every last penny out of people. The community manager, Kewk, in particular is a frustrating individual; I have heard that he, after being legitimately killed by a player, banned said player and spawned in all his lost items. It is astounding that a corporation like this can get away with this kind of crime - breaking at least four US retail laws.
    Now, I accept that we are buying the game in Beta (I did start playing in Alpha) - a fact that has been omitted on Steam, I have noticed - but there has been no attempt to develop a working anti-cheat for the game. I have seen that hackers in the game are not even prevented from using their hacks for a brief period of time, the game is updated and it is 'Ban time' (as Hammerpoint calls it) and yet the hacks still work as well as they used to.
    I'm not sure that this game would be any good if it was Free to Play, especially since the quality of such games is improving (Planetside 2), but the fact that they charge for the game, as well as many in-game items is ludicrous. Seriously, save yourself the time, money and hassle, buy a good game instead.
  96. Dec 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The developers don't know what they are doing with this game and most of the promised features are not in the game yet.
    They even unban cheaters when they ask for it because their anti-cheat doesn't work properly.
  97. Dec 18, 2012
    While the game had potential, the devs and the moderators have abused and suppressed facts and opinions on their forums. They are skirting the line of ethical values and seem to push for a "release title" then to work to finish up the game. This is not a AAA title more like a C title at best. I could go into great detail but this is a game to revisit in a few months. Also the map is aWhile the game had potential, the devs and the moderators have abused and suppressed facts and opinions on their forums. They are skirting the line of ethical values and seem to push for a "release title" then to work to finish up the game. This is not a AAA title more like a C title at best. I could go into great detail but this is a game to revisit in a few months. Also the map is a fraction of the size it was going to be and changed the wording many times since Oct 15th alpha. Nothing is on schedule with them and core components are pushed back all the time. The good is if you like a CoD style game with some zombies around play it for the fun of others misery. If you want a survival experience then you will have a long wait ahead of you.

Ohh and no friends system set up or away to tell who is a friendly type or a bandit since you have to type to chat and get killed for that. So no VOIP in-game makes it very hard to play with randomly met people.
  98. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is blatant fraud. It states it is in a "Feature Complete" state, when none of the initially described features exist. The amount of hackers this game has is UNACCEPTABLE. There are hacks in this game you may have never even experienced before: speed hacks, aimbots, invisibility, infinite health. All of these hacks in a 'survival' game where your only real enemy is the onesThis game is blatant fraud. It states it is in a "Feature Complete" state, when none of the initially described features exist. The amount of hackers this game has is UNACCEPTABLE. There are hacks in this game you may have never even experienced before: speed hacks, aimbots, invisibility, infinite health. All of these hacks in a 'survival' game where your only real enemy is the ones you'll never see. I give this game a 0/10, because the devs of this product are blatantly lying to their consumers.

Some of the features The War Z markets that do not exist:
    -Skill System -Majority of buildings explorable (Most are infact UNEXPLORABLE)
    -Water is a barrier (Cannot swim)
  99. Dec 18, 2012
    BAN WAR z OF STEAM (petition) http://www.change.org/petitions/valve-corporation-remove-warz-from-the-steam-market-pending-further-investigation

PLZ REPOST!
  100. Dec 18, 2012
    It's a total scam. I bought this game on steam, they have all these features and things you can do listed on their store page. Yet half of them are not even in the game, they have listed no where on there store page that this game is not finished. Thus I feel I was lied to. I "attempted" to play this game, and it sucks. The AI of Zombies so the worst I have ever seen, and half the timeIt's a total scam. I bought this game on steam, they have all these features and things you can do listed on their store page. Yet half of them are not even in the game, they have listed no where on there store page that this game is not finished. Thus I feel I was lied to. I "attempted" to play this game, and it sucks. The AI of Zombies so the worst I have ever seen, and half the time you can't even kill them, this game is no where near release quality, yet it was released.. Go figure. It's simply a crappy port off of War Inc. with lots of glitches. Expand

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.