1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 4014 Ratings

1. Dec 19, 2012
    I want to warn everyone to NOT buy this "game". It's barely out of beta and doesn't have half the features it claims it has. After accepting their TOS you are no longer entitled to a refund. Which is illegal. This entire "game" is a moneygrab and a fraud. DO. NOT. BUY. THIS. GAME!
  2. Dec 19, 2012
    Unfinished game sold as a complete title. This is a scam. Also the way the developers already try to monetize an unfinished product (death timers etc..) is sickening.
  3. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is one of 2012's biggest disappointments (if people even believed this would have been successful)

The Steam page is full of lies, no 100 man servers, no skills, micro-transactions in an already paid game, and a 'final product' that looks more like an Alpha build.

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS GAME: That $15 can be spent on many different other games.
  4. Dec 19, 2012
    The worst and most epic disappointing game I have ever seen. I say stay away from it. Do not waste your time and your money my friends. This game is absolutely terrible.
  5. Dec 19, 2012
    Purchased this game on steam when it came out as I'm always interested in zombie survival games, boy was I in for a surprise.

First of all, none of the features mentioned on the steam store page were in this game at the time of launch: -No 100 player servers -No 100-400km2 worlds/maps (there was only 1 70km2 map, with plenty of invisible walls) -No Private servers No Skills No

-No Private servers
    No Skills
    No Hardcore mode.

And now onto the bad parts:

-No swimming, not even shallow riverbeds, enjoy walking around for 20 minuts just to cross a small creek
    -Zombies are constantly bugging out
    -Slow ass movement speed (you run out of breath in about 10-15 sec sprint and zombies move almost as fast as you do)
    -Horrible (worse than bethesda) animations, and I mean total ass unlike anything I've ever seen before
    -Vomit inducing FOV
    -Terrible textures and assets ported directly from their pay2win shooter War Inc
    -Hitboxes which suck ass
    -Bad performance on a decent PC (i5 2500k @ 4ghz and a 560 TI) while still looking like ****
    -PAY TO RESPAWN (this is not a joke, you have to pay to respawn or you have to wait 4 hours)

If this hasn't dissuaded you from buying the game, then I don't know what will.
  6. Dec 19, 2012
    It's the worst game for a long time. Dev's tried to steal a little bit of succes of DayZ. Game is unfinished and already released on Steam. Half of features listed there is a LIE! I hope warz is going to die soon.
  7. Dec 19, 2012
    As of the time of writing (19/12/12) this game is still in reality a BETA . It's really not worth your time or money - and little more than a scam in my opinion so stay clear. They have recently updated their TOS and in them you need to declare that you waive your right to a refund. The gameplay is not all that it could be and it would appear that they will require quite a bit of work toAs of the time of writing (19/12/12) this game is still in reality a BETA . It's really not worth your time or money - and little more than a scam in my opinion so stay clear. They have recently updated their TOS and in them you need to declare that you waive your right to a refund. The gameplay is not all that it could be and it would appear that they will require quite a bit of work to correct this. Im amazed that STEAM allow this for sale. I can understand free access (due to being a BETA in everything but name) but having to pay for this is quite insulting. Expand
  8. Dec 19, 2012
    Unprofessional and disrespectful Dev team who ban people for telling the truth about this game.
    Everything terrible that has been said about this game is sadly true.
  9. Dec 19, 2012
    0 solely on the fact the Sergey is a flat out liar and is deceiving people and doesn't even care. Go read the interview with him on Gamepsy. I guess I need to have at least 150 characters, so here are the rest.
  10. Dec 19, 2012
    It looks to me like this was a sad desperate attempt to get something out of their hard work before the DayZ release, which will blow this away. I feel for the WarZ guys, they've worked hard and I guess they knew that it was now or never. The game wasn't ready, it shouldn't have been released on Steam. It had (has) potential, but I think the way it's gone down, and the way they've handledIt looks to me like this was a sad desperate attempt to get something out of their hard work before the DayZ release, which will blow this away. I feel for the WarZ guys, they've worked hard and I guess they knew that it was now or never. The game wasn't ready, it shouldn't have been released on Steam. It had (has) potential, but I think the way it's gone down, and the way they've handled it has tarnished it. GL to anyone who stands by this and supports them, I think they'll abandon ship and even if they don't, there won't be many fans/players left soon. Expand
  11. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is full of bugs and barely has any core features for a game. It has clans but this is something that is very basic. The performance of the game is pretty damn abysmal too, loading up servers list and community page takes much longer than it should need too. In-game is no better, the textures are very low quality with 2D sprites being used for trees close up.
  12. Dec 19, 2012
    God-awful game, and the developers are lying and deceiving all of their customers. You're essentially paying $20-30 to alpha test the game for the developers. The game was released on Steam without any mention of the fact the game is still in alpha, and the description includes numerous key features that simply do not exist in the game. Don't fall for it!
  13. Dec 19, 2012
    WORST. GAME. EVER...

... unless you like pay2win, dishonest developers, broken and/or unfulfilled promises about the game development, **** graphics, a massive amount of hackers and paying 15$ (and more if you want to use all features via in game currency) for what basically is a mod of an already **** free2play (and pay2win) game War Inc. Go spend your money on everything but this,
    WORST. GAME. EVER...

Go spend your money on everything but this, even a Nickelback album.
  14. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is just a quick cash grab riding on the Day Z mod's success. I urge anyone that bought this game to request a refund. It's a shame this trash was allowed to be put on Steam in the first place and these idiots are giving indie developers a bad name.
  15. Dec 19, 2012
    Terrible game, terrible company, terrible devs. They lie on metadata in Steam to make it show up when you search for 'Day Z'. People who are unsatisfied with the game, and want a refund, are threatened that their payment method will be submitted to a payment 'blacklist', meaning services like PayPal or other online checkouts might flag your credit card and will not accept your payment.Terrible game, terrible company, terrible devs. They lie on metadata in Steam to make it show up when you search for 'Day Z'. People who are unsatisfied with the game, and want a refund, are threatened that their payment method will be submitted to a payment 'blacklist', meaning services like PayPal or other online checkouts might flag your credit card and will not accept your payment. Also, one of the lead developers, Sergey Titov, used a homophobic slur to describe some of his players. Don't support this game or the company that madei t. Expand
  16. Dec 19, 2012
    Based on Sergeys' past games this is no surprise a flop. Big Rigs even seems to have a better metacritic rating atm.

The graphics in the game are quite awful, with 2D sprites being used for trees (not even LOD) and terrain textures stretched out the ass. The zombies are not that good either, but who really cares for the zombies in this game as you are more likely to be killed by a player. This game is more of a PVP-fest than anything, even with the recent increase in zombies it does nothing to sway the balance of being killed by another player.

Sounds: The sounds on the game sound like they were made in 2 minutes, along with the animations. There are sounds of birds tweeting, but even at night and it doesn't have much variety. Jumping has a sound associated with it that sounds more like a seal trying to orgasm.

Animations: Penis walking.... When you prone and zoom in the player will appear as if they are walking on their penis rather than sitting still. Other animations are not much of an improvement either, zombies attempt to hug you from the looks of their animation.

AI: As we all know AI is dumb, but it appears that zombies are the most stupid, with them being able to loose the tracking of a player when they jump on top of static meshes such as cars. Then when you actually do decide to fight the zombie(s) then all you need to do it strafe to not be hit or just keep hitting them. Ends up feeling like whack-a-mole.

Hackers: All games have them, but boy does this game have them. A recent anti-hack update was just to place items shoddily in walls in the aim that only people noclipping got them. But players were able to reach 4m to pick-up loot and through walls, so it lead to a lot of people being banned. Despite this Sergey said all bans had been double checked and there was no way the items could have been gotten via legit means. Despite this 'ban wave' any actual cheat was affected. Community: Not smart at all, though I do have to say that it has improved a little over the past week. The forums have people barely speaking English at times and any complains about the game are dealt with either a ban or a deletion, even the bug reports that are non critical. When creating a new account to find why you received a forum ban you are then banned for circumventing a prior forum ban (go figure...).

Development: With updates being often the game seems to have made very little progress, with promises of features constantly being pushed back and Sergey apparently having no knowledge of what his team does or any of the criticism they receive. Kewk decides to to treat users in pretty awful ways both in-game and on the forums, when there was much hatred for players being killed upon spawning he decided to still shoot and kill them. When there were issues of a recent ban wave needing to be addressed he closed and deleted threads and banned users because the game could never be wrong.

Ignorance must be bliss: "4) What's about all that hate toward The War Z ?
    Okay I can say "I don't know' and I'll be right"
  17. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is a front by Hammerpoint to monetize players with micro-transactions. If you buy this game, expect to feel cheated and angry. Do not purchase this game.
  18. Dec 19, 2012
    Dear Sirs and Ladies,

I am just a normal customer, so you could say, and I have purchased this game knowing that it would be in the state of an Alpha Phase. This was alright, because I thought I could trust my money and time to these new developers. I played, experienced and had my fun. There were many suggestions to be looked at, a truly colourful future to be had! I kept looking
    Dear Sirs and Ladies,

I kept looking and looking and did not find the weaponary or things that I would expect in the game, no problem I told myself. I could simply suggest it. An Archery range, bows, even fencing kevlar armor. Wouldn't that be fun I thought? That was a few weeks, maybe three ago. Because I was playing with friends, I decided to take a break after the wipe of characters, just fine.

Now I return, I see a gaming community in uproar, in outmost rage. I cannot help but to frown.. Something went wrong. I can see it shimmering in the distance, oh golden seduction. It is a rain of money upon the developers, blinding them from what is truly important.

The customers feel left alone in the dark, an apocalypse on their very game they wanted to love. Zombies, not in ragged clothes, but in business suits are gnawing on it's structure. This game, even if steam is slow, has been released within the blink of an eye as it seems.

This game, it was fun. I could run around, hacking, bashing, slashing through zombie hordes as if it was nothing, weird. My stomach would hurt.. Medicine would help, I mean who cares if the stomach shrinks down to the size of a peanut as long as you have antibiotics!..

Zombies that would follow me mindlessly, stacking on one another. Truly an amusing sight. And so easy to bash away too, with just an invincible, unwreckable hammer or even flashlight that would never break!

Water, there was plenty for some reason unknown to me. And binoculars? Of course! I had hundreds, so much to see!

...

My dear Developers,

What have you done? How could you? How dare you? Is nothing holy for you anymore?

These promises! Where are they? This is as if a bad joke just unfolded. The fooled ones are however those who actually wanted to support you!

I hope you have a merry christmas. Because I know what will land in my trash bin.

I am sorry game. But your makers have defiled you.

The game community cannot trust you anymore, dear developers and investors.

This is the undoing of a game that turned out to be a sad christmas story..

I hope you will be happy with the shiny things these people have given you to ruin this game.

Yours sincerely,

Edhmelus "L." Tharsonus.
  19. Dec 19, 2012
    Purchased this game as well and within 5 hours, I was banned. Not for cheating in the game, but for stating my dislike on the steam community hub. I was banned. From the game. For saying something on the forums. So I'm currently seeking a refund with steam. What time I did get in was far from pleasant. It was laggy, had constant framerate drops [even at lowest settings, and I can play mostPurchased this game as well and within 5 hours, I was banned. Not for cheating in the game, but for stating my dislike on the steam community hub. I was banned. From the game. For saying something on the forums. So I'm currently seeking a refund with steam. What time I did get in was far from pleasant. It was laggy, had constant framerate drops [even at lowest settings, and I can play most modern day games just fine near max], the zombies are few and far between. Nearly all the features they promised were not in. I was scammed like thousands of others and tricked into playing this shoddy ripoff of Day Z. But to be honest, what else can you expect from the people that made the worst game in history ..Big Rigs. Expand
  20. Dec 19, 2012
    Everything was going well until I changed the respawn time on a server full of hackers and not to mention the P2W that occurs when a hacker kill and can revive near you for revenge
  21. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is a blatant grab for cash. 4 hour respawns with a pay to respawn feature. There may be a good game hiding in there somewhere, but until this blatant money grabbing attitude displayed by the developers disappears, steer clear. The game is advertised as a full release, but there are key items (maps, character skills) still yet to make an appearance. Avoid at all costs.
  22. Dec 19, 2012
    Ok, so got this on the steam sale. I am an experienced gamer. developer and Software tester. From my first tests to my last. This has been an horrifying experience. This is by far the worst title I have looked at in 2012. Nothing more than a money making scam on a broken game.
  23. Dec 19, 2012
    Money grab/scam. They're going to shut down all servers and cease development in 6 months. The game is still in an 'alpha' stage, with a huge amount of bugs and missing features. In the last patch, they increased respawn time from 1 hour to 4 hours, making you pay if you want to respawn faster. It's pretty obvious that the developer just wants to get as much money as possible out of thisMoney grab/scam. They're going to shut down all servers and cease development in 6 months. The game is still in an 'alpha' stage, with a huge amount of bugs and missing features. In the last patch, they increased respawn time from 1 hour to 4 hours, making you pay if you want to respawn faster. It's pretty obvious that the developer just wants to get as much money as possible out of this before abandoning it completely. Expand
  24. Dec 19, 2012
    Horrible scam of a game! not at all what the steam info card tells you. Admins ban you if you say anything that doesn't praise the game. + the fact you loose the weapons and gear YOU BUY with real money if you die.
  25. Feb 15, 2014
    A total rip off cash in, avoid at all costs. I gave this game the benefit of the doubt but in the end its all about maximising profit whilst giving the player a very simple and boring experience. Im surprised its not made by EA.
  26. Dec 19, 2012
    Worthless game that should not even be considered a game. False advertising, missing features, graphics that look like a game from 10 years ago, horrible game design, micro-transaction scams and more. Stay away from this at all costs.
  27. Dec 19, 2012
    1- Poor community in-game
    2- They push back basic features, and they did it many times
    3- Purchase the game on steam for as cheap as the packages that were not available anymore 4- Hackers (less, but still) 5- Lack of significant patches (not many items are actually implanted) 6- Very hard to play by yourself (the way the game is made) 7- The map is stunningly smaller than it was
    1- Poor community in-game
    2- They push back basic features, and they did it many times
    4- Hackers (less, but still)
    5- Lack of significant patches (not many items are actually implanted)
    6- Very hard to play by yourself (the way the game is made)
    7- The map is stunningly smaller than it was announced to be
  28. Dec 19, 2012
    The game itself is badly designed.

While it has some glances of a good game , overall it just fails. It's not finished AT ALL and deserves a 3-4. Sadly the creators of the game spout lies on the steam page. Also the latest moves from them are shady at best , I personally was in beta and since 2 months they added both GI and Clans as complete gameplay features ( and that's it ).
    The game itself is badly designed.

While it has some glances of a good game , overall it just fails.
    It's not finished AT ALL and deserves a 3-4.

Sadly the creators of the game spout lies on the steam page.

After a interview in gamespy were the leader of this dev teams acts like it's the users fault for the mistakes he made , they continue to alter the game ( not adding any new gameplay feature ) and adding a 4h timer when you die.
    The worse is that you can revive immediately if you pay REAL MONEY.

In terms of stability , older users got to pay MORE for the game than on release , so If they continue this practice coming early to the game doesn't offer nothing , SO WAIT UNTIL IT'S FINISHED to actually try it, since you don't loose nothing in waiting. It's sad to see a game go out like this ... it deserves a 3-4 but with the negative points arktos and hammerpoint / Sergey Titov and his devs give .... it should get a negative score just cause they actually ruined the game in a cash grab.
  29. Dec 19, 2012
    The creator of this game is currently begging his users to vote for this game so they can squeeze as much money as possible before they dump the game in 6 months. They have already told staff once the money flow slows down they will then drop support for the game. The game is not even past beta and they have already setup a a date for which they are dropping support. Do not buy this gameThe creator of this game is currently begging his users to vote for this game so they can squeeze as much money as possible before they dump the game in 6 months. They have already told staff once the money flow slows down they will then drop support for the game. The game is not even past beta and they have already setup a a date for which they are dropping support. Do not buy this game as they are currently breaking the law forcing you to sign a TOS which means you can't get a refund. They did this because everyone wanted a refund on the game because it was a direct port over from Warz engine and they quickly added some terrible textures. - The game has horrible textures even on the highest settings.

- The game is Pay to win meaning even though you paid for this garbage game they still want you to pay for things like instant revival on your character.

- The devs on the steam forums, warz subreddit and the forums censor it removing any negative posts. - sergeytitov the main dev is begging people to give this game a higher score because of how bad it is.

Stay away from this game!
  30. Dec 19, 2012
    Please do not buy this game, the developers are some of worst types of people around; con-men, nothing more, nothing less. The community is terrible also, if anyone has a complaint or issue they usually get insulted and played off as a dayz "fanboy" or a immature child, you cant seem to have a conversation with these people, if they don't get you then the banhammer will. The game itselfPlease do not buy this game, the developers are some of worst types of people around; con-men, nothing more, nothing less. The community is terrible also, if anyone has a complaint or issue they usually get insulted and played off as a dayz "fanboy" or a immature child, you cant seem to have a conversation with these people, if they don't get you then the banhammer will. The game itself has no merit, no redeeming features, nothing. Expand
  31. Dec 19, 2012

The game itself is badly designed.

While it has some glances of a good game , overall it just fails.
    It's not finished AT ALL and deserves a 3-4.

Sadly the creators of the game spout lies on the steam page.

The worse is that you can revive immediately if you pay REAL MONEY.

32. Dec 19, 2012
    They asked for money for great deals , I though I was getting a great deal .

They said the game was $30 but I could get it for $20 since it was still in alpha !!! Then it was on $13 on steam on release, and since then they only unlocked the map ... nothing more happened.
  33. Dec 19, 2012
    PT - Br
    PT - Br
    Esse jogo está manchando a reputação do gênero, ele não possui as características anunciadas (Não existe PvE, não existe mais de um modo de jogo "real", não é um RPG, não tem servidores privados), é no minimo uma propaganda enganosa, dizer que o jogo possui características que não estão prontas e talvez nunca estejam, por favor, não comprem este jogo até que ele esteja realmente pronto.
    Eu comprei o jogo diretamente da Hammerpoint e tenho acompanhando seu progresso (na verdade a falta dele) desde o inicio e anunciar este produto como finalizado é um erro.

EN - Us
    This game is tarnishing the reputation of the genre, he does not have the features advertised (no PvE, there is no more than one way to play, is not an RPG, has no private servers), is a false advertising, say the game has features that are not ready and may never be, please do not buy this game until it's really ready.
    I bought the game directly from Hammerpoint and I'm watching your progress (actually the lack of it) from the beginning and advertise this product as finalized is a mistake.
  34. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is bad ...
    I bough the game and I can say it sucks , forum moderators ban everyone, devs don't listen ... The company just sucks.

And no I'm not banned due to hacking, I'm not a DayZ fanboy ... or whatever excuse even sergey is dishing out :D ( yes even the devs are stating on OFFICIAL posts that ppl that talk bad about the game are dayz fanboys )
  35. Dec 19, 2012
    DONT BUY THIS GAME This game is COMPLETE AND UTTER **** Hackers, features that won't be in-game, b2p AND p2w, poor graphics, poor gameplay and many issues that I won't list here, there are just too many. DONT BUY THIS GAME
  36. Dec 19, 2012
    Worse devs ever , the game is kinda decent ....

But even when they released , they didnt inform no one in the forums , they just released :D They don't care about player and even though everyone was yelling the game isn't ready , they stupid and deluded as they were still released. All the Alpha+beta was BS , They never listened the community and even banned ppl that stated OBVIOUS
    Worse devs ever , the game is kinda decent ....

All the Alpha+beta was BS , They never listened the community and even banned ppl that stated OBVIOUS mistakes.

While they sent the mods to lie to us ....
  37. Dec 19, 2012
    They didn't care for the alpha testers.

They sold the game for us like it was worth $30 and sold it cheaper next while not doing nothing other than scrapping the features.

Thx for that , now this is what you get.
  38. Dec 19, 2012
    This is a game that rides on the wave that the Arma II mod DayZ made. It's a terrible knockoff riddled with bugs, bad game design and an obvious "Pay to Win" model. The whole game is pretty much ripped out of War Inc, with the only new additions being zombies. Don't support the people behind this game.
  39. Dec 19, 2012
    It doesn't even deserve to be called a game. From the very start, the developers have been obviously trying to milk the consumers whom they promised some unfulfilled features.
  40. Dec 19, 2012
    Biggest scam ever on Steam, they sell an alpha and the store page talk about features not available yet.
    Maybe in 1 year of development this will get somewhere but do not buy it now.
  41. Dec 19, 2012
    crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappycrappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game Expand
  42. Dec 19, 2012
    damm rlly. i love that **** game.. but the devs are how to say it.. fail ONLY bugs they let return older bugs they ban ppl or not `? cabnt reach support just money making... guys get better or delete warz !

sehrgay sucks :D
  43. Dec 19, 2012
    The worst game i ever spent my money on. Don't buy it unless you want to get scammed these are the same developers of WAR INC how much promises did this company break with that game... Just do some research and you will know this company is filled with a bunch of scammers.
  44. Dec 19, 2012
    Flat out did not do anything it promised and is now begging for more and more micro-transactions to deliver even a rudimentary enjoyable experience.

Waste of £10, especially since they won't even issue a refund, despite it breaking UK laws on sale of digital goods and advertising standards.
  45. Dec 19, 2012
    What the game devs and there CM done is wrong and illegal. This game is a scam and nothing they listed about the game was in the game when I bought it on steam. I played with my friend and he asked a lot of question about where this in the game and where is that and i was the same. I did play few hours before him. There tons of hackers in the game and bugs and on steam is doesn't say youWhat the game devs and there CM done is wrong and illegal. This game is a scam and nothing they listed about the game was in the game when I bought it on steam. I played with my friend and he asked a lot of question about where this in the game and where is that and i was the same. I did play few hours before him. There tons of hackers in the game and bugs and on steam is doesn't say you buy into beta or any such things when I bought the game. Stuff like Hardcore mode doesn't work, you walking down a hill and it will kill you. Expand
  46. Dec 19, 2012
    Bought this game while Alpha was running, normal package (15 bucks ) at the end of October. We are december now, and no real updates have happened. And its still in Alpha, by now I'v lost hope that any of the features they promised will become realty. -The game's core mechanics do not feel 'survival' at all. You get rewarded for beating people in the face with a flashlight so you can grabBought this game while Alpha was running, normal package (15 bucks ) at the end of October. We are december now, and no real updates have happened. And its still in Alpha, by now I'v lost hope that any of the features they promised will become realty. -The game's core mechanics do not feel 'survival' at all. You get rewarded for beating people in the face with a flashlight so you can grab their ammo. These so called core mechanics are why the game fails for me, I could care less about servers with 100 people, and not knowing who's standing in front of you is dumb but I can deal. But no, if you'v played games that encourage Co-op youd clearly know this is not one of them. This game is not a zombie survival game. -Its downright an agony to play with friends or Co-Op with people you don't know.Its hard to get on the same server, you can't make a party to chat with them in private or see where they are. There are also no nametags above anyone's head. Have fun guessing who your talking too. -There is no PVE, period. Exept for 'AI'dead zombies, the world is entirely empty. Yes that incudes the safezones, it was apparently to much work to put some idling NPC survivors there. -the Dev's are a joke ,if you haven't read this you should; http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html

-false advertising ; I bought a game ,but its noting like the site had me believing it was. Sadly enough I bought it before there could be 'lets plays' as I thought I'd be paying less then other people. Looks like I was wrong. They are now selling it for less then 15 bucks on steam. Beware the screenshots ! I only made this account to review WarZ and hopefully get it true to people that this game is not worth your money. Go see a movie ! Buy some popcorn and a drink, you'll have more worth for your money then spending it on this thing that they dare calling a game.
  47. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is terrible, I feel bad for funding them by purchasing this game. The dev's are liars and misrepresented the game on steam, it has few of they key features it detailed that it has. The game itself has far too many bugs in it, a ridiculous amount of hacker and a system where as you can buy in game items with real life money! In a game made to be about survival, you can buy keyThis game is terrible, I feel bad for funding them by purchasing this game. The dev's are liars and misrepresented the game on steam, it has few of they key features it detailed that it has. The game itself has far too many bugs in it, a ridiculous amount of hacker and a system where as you can buy in game items with real life money! In a game made to be about survival, you can buy key items with your own money just too fed the developers greed. But most importantly isn't any fun. Just overly boring. I would recommend people stay well away from this garbage, cash and grab, unfinished game. Expand
  48. Dec 19, 2012
    Hello my Name is SehrGay i can prove this game is a piece of crap.
    Please don't buy this game. I hope Mr. Sergay T. reads this. I hope this Company goes completly Broke and stops making Games...
  49. Dec 19, 2012
    Worst game ever. Worst game ever.Worst game ever.Worst game ever.Worst game ever.Worst game ever.Worst game ever.Worst game ever.Worst game ever.Worst game ever.Worst game ever.Worst game ever.Worst game ever.
  50. Dec 19, 2012
    this game is a joke dont buy it you buy this game and they just try to get more monney from you and the complete game is a ripp off from war inc the models and weapons are all from war inc and the screenshoots and information about the game are **** lies DONT BUY THIS **** GAME FROM THAT LIAR AND THIEF!
  51. Dec 19, 2012
    An atrocious cash grab of a game... you expect some exaggeration from a marketing department but many of its features listed on Steam are out and out lies. AVOID!
  52. Dec 19, 2012
    Thx for giving out weapons to stupid streamers just cause you though it wouldn't be completely unprofessional.

Thx for banning me for telling people that you gave weapons .

Now here's your reward .. a 0 !
  53. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is a buggy and unfinished cash-grab scam attempt. The Steam page fails to mention this game is still an Alpha build of the game missing a lot of the features advertised on the same Steam page. The developers are banning people at random so they have to purchase the game again. The whole thing is a farce, don't buy it.
  54. Dec 19, 2012
    Treat this "game" as if it were radioactive, stay very, very far away from it. The game itself isn't finished, it reflects beta or alpha version of a similar product, and don't get me started on its micro-transaction system - nothing short of extortion.
  55. Dec 19, 2012
    The game company lied openly to it's customers. Fact: They posted the wrong information purposefully on Steam to lure customers in a "cash grab" in many ways including and up to charging players real money to "respawn" or they would wait 4 hours. It was stated by the developers no extra money would be required beyond buying the game to "play" the game. FACT: A developer is recorded statingThe game company lied openly to it's customers. Fact: They posted the wrong information purposefully on Steam to lure customers in a "cash grab" in many ways including and up to charging players real money to "respawn" or they would wait 4 hours. It was stated by the developers no extra money would be required beyond buying the game to "play" the game. FACT: A developer is recorded stating he will have access to a "god mode" command, where he will then kill any bandits he does not like in the game.

FACT: The game was stolen from DayZ, and covered up to make it look like it was in development before days. It tries to copy the systems of DayZ, yet cannot own up to it in the slightest.

FACT: Asking for a refund may result in you being threatened with legal action, up to and including being "blacklisted" so that payments cannot be made using certain services.

FACT: They have no system to prevent hackers, yet are charging real money for items you lose when you die to hackers.

FACT: They have an illegal clause in the TOS which states you are not allowed to obtain a refund, even though in just about every country this is breaking the law in itself.

This needs to be exposed now. Everyone who has power in the gaming world needs to come forward, and put an end to this. If this company is allowed to continue, there is no telling what else will be allowed. Please, for the sake of the future of gaming, of Steam... to show people how blind they are. I still see many people saying the game is "fine" even though they are the minority, even with the proof they have been lied to, and cheated they still defend this company. I'm not sure what this generation needs to see through it, I really don't. It makes me physically ill at times when I'm reading the comments of people praising Hammerpoint. How can you not see through it? He isn't even doing it intelligently, he's calling YOU the idiots for reading something correctly that they put up incorrectly.

I feel like I'm beating my head against a solid steel wall right now. Is there no hope left for this world?
  56. Dec 19, 2012
    bleh!!!!! worst game ever, try it and get ripped off!! conr599
    Dec 17, 2012
    0 This game is TERRIBLE. The features are all crappy rip-offs of features DayZ has, and the Dev's wishlist is the same. The screenshots featured in advertisements are LIES. they feature actions that are literally impossible in the game. The clan feature is only available in the in-game store, usually a free
    bleh!!!!! worst game ever, try it and get ripped off!! conr599
    Dec 17, 2012
    This game is TERRIBLE. The features are all crappy rip-offs of features DayZ has, and the Dev's wishlist is the same. The screenshots featured in advertisements are LIES. they feature actions that are literally impossible in the game. The clan feature is only available in the in-game store, usually a free feature in MMO's.
  57. Dec 19, 2012
    This game break so many laws and codes, If it was a book the authors would have been shunned with obvious plagiarism, Its a cash Grab by a cheap and shoddy games company to cash in on the Free game DayZ, Avoid this mess and shame on Steam for selling it.

I for one will boycott steam and buy my games elsewhere..Tripe
  58. pty
    Dec 19, 2012
    Purchased this game on the day it was made available in deep alpha. Played it and accepted the hundreds of game breaking bugs, like falling through the world, walking into a wall killing you, walking down hills taking 90% of your health. I gave it time to progress because it was Alpha and I really enjoyed the concept. After forgetting about the game for the better part of a month, IPurchased this game on the day it was made available in deep alpha. Played it and accepted the hundreds of game breaking bugs, like falling through the world, walking into a wall killing you, walking down hills taking 90% of your health. I gave it time to progress because it was Alpha and I really enjoyed the concept. After forgetting about the game for the better part of a month, I returned to find a more polished yet still absolutely broken game. The hacking was rampant. I made four characters (because once you die, you must wait an hour to play that character again), and I spawned in with each one of them who was summarily headshotted within 20 seconds of spawning. The devs do little to acknowledge how broken the game is, while pushing pay to win options down your throat without adding much substance. Not to mention that your pay-to-win items are completely lost when you die, which in my case was within 5 minutes of spawning.

Stay away from this game as it seems like it is a cash grabbing scam. I suggest everyone go take a read of this thread on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/152tbh/warz_patch_unleash_the_true_moneywhoring/

Do not buy. Buyer beware. If you purchased it via the old system with Paypal, you can request a refund through paypal. It takes about 7-10 days.
  59. Dec 19, 2012
    Unfinished piece of crap & a money grabbing scam, don't let these developers milk your wallet. allot of false advertising and so many lies from the developers, and bans anyone who speaks up against them on the official site's forum, don't believe me? fine check totalbiscuits first impression video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtKAm3nzg6I
  60. Dec 19, 2012
    This is the first time I have ever felt the need to write a review.

To put it simply, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!

The game is a money grabbing scam designed to milk as much money out of people before the developers run out of town with all of your money. DO NOT BUY THE GAME!
  61. Dec 19, 2012
    I strongly suggest you to DON'T buy this game. It would be very very long to explain all the reasons to don't buy the game. Simply Google "warz scam" and document yourself up about this game scam.
  62. Dec 19, 2012
    Do not buy this UNFINISHED game. On steam is "The WarZ" not "The WarZ - ALPHA" or BETA, or something like that... and if you search on steam "dayz", the warz pop up. SCAM SCAM SCAM !
  63. Dec 19, 2012
    I had to create an account because I feel obligated to help inform the world of how **** this game is. Coupled with the piss poor lack of professionalism from the developers, there's no way I see a future for this game. They flat out lie and when you bring it to their attention they give you a run around bs excuse while trying to somehow blame it on you ie: "the steam description of ourI had to create an account because I feel obligated to help inform the world of how **** this game is. Coupled with the piss poor lack of professionalism from the developers, there's no way I see a future for this game. They flat out lie and when you bring it to their attention they give you a run around bs excuse while trying to somehow blame it on you ie: "the steam description of our game isn't false advertisement, you just misunderstood what we meant to say". Don't give this company your money. Expand
  64. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is a steaming pile of crap. Get killed and wait for a 4 hour respawn or cough up some RL cash...in a game that you paid for...framerate is awful, game is unfinished. This is just AWFUL!
  65. Dec 19, 2012
    Zombie Apocalypse survival FPS/TPS game? Sounds like fun, right? Well, yeah it does, but when you buy it on Steam, you get unfinished, ugly product. Plus a set of bitterness and disappointment if you're one of the players (like me) who bought the game believing the lies that were posted on Steam page for the game.

Now, what you also get are shockingly rude developers who are forcing you

Now, what you also get are shockingly rude developers who are forcing you into accepting TOS that says you can't get a refund, they charge a lot for anything in the game (it's a cash grabber) and they call people who gave them cash fools.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!
  66. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is released on steam while being unfinished. I purchased on December 17, 2012 and played it for two days straight. I have had minor fun moments quickly ended by possible hackers. This game is pay to play and also Pay to win. It saddens me.
  67. Dec 19, 2012
    This "game" - piece of trash! Don't bye this "game", because it is full of cheaters, switch-server-warriors, game masters banned RANDOM gamers, but not cheaters!
  68. Dec 19, 2012
    This games is so full of false advertising it's beyond reason. On top of that its dev studio practices borders on fraud. Do not under any circumstance buy this game. You will be sorely disapointed and shat on by the devs. They only and only care about your cash.
  69. Dec 19, 2012
    This is nothing but a CON, sergey is a con-artist from mother russia and tbh even he puts real Russians to shame, DO NOT buy this game, while it does sustain a very small amount of the panic, fear and emotion dayz does with your character, it also RIPS open your wallet and rapes it without and lube, everything has a micro transaction cost and also a cost to purchase the game, while otherThis is nothing but a CON, sergey is a con-artist from mother russia and tbh even he puts real Russians to shame, DO NOT buy this game, while it does sustain a very small amount of the panic, fear and emotion dayz does with your character, it also RIPS open your wallet and rapes it without and lube, everything has a micro transaction cost and also a cost to purchase the game, while other games do one or the other this is the first ive come across that is such a blatant rip off, of other decent games and your wallet

I am only a hater after playing it for at least 30 hours over several updates, if you only listen to one thing, I have this game since day one, it was fun for a very short period but your better spending that £10 in planetside 2 and getting more fun over a longer period.
  70. Dec 19, 2012
    Decided to buy this on release, listed features look really good, I mean, why would they feature something that's not in the game, right? well... I was dead wrong.
    It's literally impossible to get into a building without getting scene or touched by a stupid zombie not matter how stealthy you are, they will always see you. don't get me started on their "AAA Graphics".
  71. Dec 19, 2012
    The worst thing ever. Do not buy. There are so many bad things about this "game" I don't even know where to begin. It's nothing more and a quick cash grab- the developers very clearly don't care about anything other than making money. The game is so unfinished it hurts and yet they release it now to cash in on the hype.
    Watch some youtube videos before buying if you're still considering
    Watch some youtube videos before buying if you're still considering getting it,
  72. Dec 19, 2012
    I cant belive what they just do whit this game, is just the WORST GAME EVER, i really want my money back, steam reputation y going down for this game. WORST GAME EVER, isnt even finished. I mean I EFFING PAY FOR A BETA!...
  73. Dec 19, 2012
    Unless this crap company starts giving refunds and removes it's ridiculous non refund policy, I will continue to tell everyone I know to stay clear of this lemon.

74. Dec 19, 2012
    Would not recommend this game. Probably the worst game of 2012. (It is based on War Inc. Check that out on steam before buying.)

- Poor animations. The player models moves really awkward. - Zombie AI bad and predictable. - Textures are low-res and looks like they have been ported from a 90 's game. - Poor weapon behavior. Almost no recoil, instant switch etc. - The attachment UI is a

- Poor animations. The player models moves really awkward.
    - Poor weapon behavior. Almost no recoil, instant switch etc.
    - The attachment UI is a direct copy from Crysis.
    - Sounds are low quality and in some cases really awkward. For example, when you are next to a few trees the ambient sound reminds me off a dense rain forest with tropical birds.
    - Map design is horrible. Many choke points that forces PVP. Smaller than the devs said it would be.
    - Lack of features and end-game content.
    - You can't drive cars, fly copters etc.
    - An insane amount of hackers.
    - The developers are turning the game into a Pay-2-win bit by bit. - There is no real survival aspect. You can buy food, drinks, weapons and medical supplies with real money. You can also horde all your gear and supplies in a global inventory.

I could go on forever,, you get the point. Don't buy.
  75. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is not sold as advertised and is a blatant cash grab. It is badly made and has so many things wrong (bugs/poor graphics/bad game mechanics etc) with it that I am stunned that Steam put it in their store. Also, a new feature has been added that prevents your character from respawning for 4 hours after death unless you pay real life cash! Allegedly, the EULA contains a clauseThis game is not sold as advertised and is a blatant cash grab. It is badly made and has so many things wrong (bugs/poor graphics/bad game mechanics etc) with it that I am stunned that Steam put it in their store. Also, a new feature has been added that prevents your character from respawning for 4 hours after death unless you pay real life cash! Allegedly, the EULA contains a clause stating 'NO REFUNDS'. Do not buy. Expand
  76. Dec 19, 2012
    Do NOT buy this game. This game is a scam and utter trash, likely to be taken down for false advertisement. This game has nothing to do with DayZ and is only using the similar name to trick people.
  77. Dec 19, 2012
    Doesn't live up to promised features, posts false sales arguments multiple times. TOS are illegal. Hacker infested game. No real goals set in-game. Unfortunately I purchased this game around beginning of October when these facts where not clear yet.
    I'm 34 years old and this is the first game (thankfully) that I purchased under false information provided by the official website. I hope this will not become a precedent for future games.
  78. Dec 19, 2012
    Warning: DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. This game is a total rip-off, screenshots and trailers are a lie. Developers are full of lies, they even made the game worse after the new update (4 hours reviving).
    Everything on the Steam page is misleading and the game is full of bugs.
    Everything on the Steam page is misleading and the game is full of bugs.
    Instead of buying this game, you should get Day Z, this game is a rip-off of Day Z. The game gets boring in 5-10 minutes, there's no goal in the game as you lose everything after you die (you die pretty easily).
    All the developers wanted with this game is money, they don't even care about the community.
  79. Dec 19, 2012
    misleading sales arguments, hacker infested game, severe censorship on forums, illegal TOS.

I bought the game and highly regret this but bought it before it really came out so that was my mistake. Don't make the same mistake as I did by buying this 'scam'
  80. Dec 19, 2012
    Horrible game. Abusive Terms of Service that are unfair to the player, bad gameplay, not all the features are there and it's a rip off from another game.
  81. Dec 19, 2012
    Stay WELL CLEAR of this so called 'Game'
    Stay WELL CLEAR of this so called 'Game'
    Utter disappointment! Lies on the Steam Store Page, trying to blame the customer for Misreading the information - meanwhile, it has now been corrected. Game is unplayable. When you die, you have to wait 4 hours to be-able to play again, or pay REAL money to revive that character instantly with GC ( In game currency which you have to buy) ( you can create 5 Characters)

Do your research on the game to find out THE TRUTH about this 'so called' game.
  82. Dec 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. the game is a **** **** not buyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Expand
  83. Dec 19, 2012
    Oh where to start! First of all the optimization is horrible in the game, even with a core i7-3930k and dual gtx 670's I get horrible frame rates. The lag in this game is horrendous which does not help with the poor controls. Respawn rate is extremely long which they are allowing you to bypass by actually charging you to respawn sooner. The game is being sold with lies on the productOh where to start! First of all the optimization is horrible in the game, even with a core i7-3930k and dual gtx 670's I get horrible frame rates. The lag in this game is horrendous which does not help with the poor controls. Respawn rate is extremely long which they are allowing you to bypass by actually charging you to respawn sooner. The game is being sold with lies on the product description on steam which has been changed but still have things listed that are not in the game like hardcore mode. Purchase with caution as it seems they are rushing this out to secure more funds to actually finish the games so right now you are getting a broken game with the "promise" of things being promised added later on. Expand
  84. Dec 19, 2012
    in a just and righteous world the devs of warz would be rounded up and shot in the street. if you are looking for a zombie MMORPG then you should look elsewhere. This game is not Massive and has no Role Playing. It is merely a MOG, not a MMORPG
  85. Dec 19, 2012
    I am shocked that they released a game which is in alpha with several bugs and advertise it as a full release. Avoid this game at all costs if you value your money.
  86. Dec 19, 2012
    I bought the "Legend" package for The War Z, their highest offering, on the day the game was first made available to the public. I had reasonable expectations for the game and was excited about another offering in this genre having played DayZ for months and loving every minute of it. I knew that The War Z was just going to be a simplified, "easier," version of DayZ that had more of aI bought the "Legend" package for The War Z, their highest offering, on the day the game was first made available to the public. I had reasonable expectations for the game and was excited about another offering in this genre having played DayZ for months and loving every minute of it. I knew that The War Z was just going to be a simplified, "easier," version of DayZ that had more of a classic FPS feel to it that most gamers are familiar with as opposed to the mil-sim backbone dayz is based on. I figured I would just play both games, that I'd be able to enjoy them both for their own strengths....but The War Z has NO strengths. It's terrible. The zombies are less of a threat than the boars of the woods of c=Chernarus. I'll admit I died when i met my first zed during alpha due to me not realizing you need to hit their head in order for them to actually die (a nice touch, I'll admit), but once you realize you can stunlock pretty sizeable groups of zombies with a crappy flashlight and just kite them around you'll see them for what they are. An incredibly minor, slight annoyance. They are boring as an enemy. Nothing more than an early warning system for other players if you hear one aggro on anther person. Its not just the zombies that are boring, either, the world itself makes me question if The War Z devs even played the game they're blatently ripping off. The backround soundtrack and ambient noises are awful. The sound quality is terrible and sometimes they play so loud that they drown out teamspeak (and they're tied to the other game sound effects like footsteps and gunfire so you cant just turn them down/off). The world itself is completely barren, there is no ambient wildlife to interact with and the cities are unimpressive at best. Most of the buildings aren't enterable and even those that are are completely empty besides their loot spawns (no tables/chairs/no evidence whatsoever that anybody had even been inside of it before you). The map is far smaller than even many of the user-made maps for DayZ let alone the official Chernarus map, and you'll routinely run into invisible walls while trying to navigate the hilly and mountainous areas that are inside the boundaries of the map. But its not just the PvE that blows. The PvP is a joke. The hacking is unbelivably rampant, but even playing legitly, I found myself completely unimpressed with the way the guns function. There is no bullet drop, but there is an arbitrary bullet cone which makes most longer range engagements an excersice in frustration. There is also no in-game voice chat, only text, so there are no tense situations asking if another person is friendly anymore, it's a shoot-on-sight fragfest (even more so than DayZ turned into if you can believe it. After all, who in their right mind is going to give up control of their toon to type for a moment?). Their "global inventory" and in-game inventory means there is no survival aspect of the game anymore. An assualt rifle takes up the exact same inventory slot as a can coke and most items stack so carrying 20 guns, 400 bandages, and 30 sets of binoculars is an easy feat and leads to global inventories with hundreds of weapons, armor, backpacks, and an absurd amount of medical supplies (which you can equip new characters through, meaning once youve got a good stash going a brand new character can spawn with assault rifles, backup pistols, huge packs, full body armor, and enough medical supplies to cure AIDS in all of Africa).

This is missing everything from DayZ that made it such an engrossing experience. It's missing a believable world, it's missing the player interactions that made dayz such a heart pounder, and there is even less to do in game than there is in the DayZ mod.

tl:dr - The War Z brings nothing new to the table and sets the FPS genre back 10 years. Don't waste your time. Wait for DayZ standalone if the survival/horror genre interests you or just play L4D or COD/BF if the action/arcade genre is what you want.
  87. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is utter garbage, specially when they have the audacity to charge money for a clearly uncompleted game (with no indication that this is clearly an alpha version of a game). DON'T BUY IT!
  88. Apr 9, 2013
    Do not buy this game, cheap copy of Day Z made to make money. They lied to sell more copies of the game and they are ignoring all criticism by blocking/banning people from the game, forums, steam community and more. Textures are horrible, assets are taken directly from War Inc. and zombie AI is brainless. There are also a lot of hackers in game.
  89. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is a scam and it's horrible. Steam should pull it from being sold. The features listed aren't actually in the game and they neglect to mention it's an unfinished POS. Pic very related http://i.imgur.com/j9Q3f.jpg
  90. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is a scam, unprofessional developers, made to quickly raise money and shut down project.
    Many cheaters, many lies from developers, unkept promises, false bans
  91. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is insult to all decent people! Idea is stolen, graphics sucks, game mechanics feels like you play retarded soldier, there is also micro-transaction system where you can buy guns which you can lost after death (!!!!). Even name is derivative of DayZ. This is shameful and immoral. Total spit into the face of consumers.
  92. Dec 21, 2012
    A total ripoff cash grab. This is all the same software as War inc. but with zombies and just one map. Did they do any actual programming? No. They took a game they made years ago to ride the hype train. Many undelivered promises and it went from alpha to released without doing anything.
  93. Dec 19, 2012
    Avoid like the plague. Cash grab. False advertizing. Hacker friendly devs. Shady business practices and sleazy developers. Pay to win microtransactions and if you die you lose all the items that you bought, even in Normal mode. 4 hour respawn time and you have to pay money to respawn faster. DO NOT BUY.
  94. Dec 19, 2012
    The developers are draconian in their treatment of the player base. They set up "traps" in game such as super rare items. If you pick up the super rare item (which is lying in the open where anyone can get it) you receive a lifetime ban from the game, no appeal possible.
  95. Dec 19, 2012
    What an utter piece of crap! Show up naked in the wilderness with an empty backpack, no food, no weapon?

Search for hours to find a **** weapon (seriously searched a ranch and trailer park and didn't find a single weapon...no axe, no hoe, no pitchform, not even a stick...) Pretty sh!tty design guys. Clipping plane problems... Geometry problems... Walk off a step and take

Pretty sh!tty design guys.

Clipping plane problems...

Geometry problems...

Walk off a step and take falling damage...

Have a zed hit me from 20 feet away...

Hit a zed 37 times with a bat to kill him?...really?

You gotta be fookin' kidding me...

This is garbage!
  96. Dec 19, 2012
    Do not purchase this. Do not support this game at all. It's absolutely sickening that they are asking for money for this game.
    The Steam description is laden with flat-out lies about the features. The game is practically unplayable. Laggy. Mind-blowingly awful graphics. Horrendous controls. Full of bugs and hackers.
    This game will make you wish Steam had a "red light" feature to remove

This game will make you wish Steam had a "red light" feature to remove horrible, broken, trashy games like this so that nobody else will be scammed.
  97. Dec 19, 2012
    Big scam been from 15th October got banned 3x And unbanned 3x Scamming people only Don't buy this game !!! Its a a SCAM NOthing its in game what was promised
  98. Dec 19, 2012
    Don't buy this fraud of a game. Shameless developer cashing on success of other developer... this game has nothing to do with DayZ. Misleading on Steam, then blame customer for misreading it.
  99. Dec 19, 2012
    This game was quickly put together and converted from another game, re-hashing all assets and then added functionality for monetization. This game uses every excuse it can to get you to pay more money, even after buying the game. The company lies, steals from other companies and blames its own customers for its own mistakes. Full info and proof here:This game was quickly put together and converted from another game, re-hashing all assets and then added functionality for monetization. This game uses every excuse it can to get you to pay more money, even after buying the game. The company lies, steals from other companies and blames its own customers for its own mistakes. Full info and proof here: http://www.mmogames.com/gamereviews/the-warz-zombie-mmo-preview/ Expand
  100. Dec 19, 2012
    This game should never of seen the light of day, a bigger money grabbing scam I don't think I've ever seen since Shamwow was on TV. Thank god this company and game for that matter is now recognized as the money-grabbing scammers they are.

- False advertisement? Check. - Continuously silencing paying beta testers and removing constructive criticism? Check. - Implementing features

- False advertisement? Check.
    - Implementing features forcing players to pay microtransactions to actually play the game? Check.

Overall, I give this game a big fat 0, as they should never have been allowed to even release on Steam.

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.