1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 3986 Ratings

1. Dec 17, 2012
    Do not purchase this game. Many features listed on Steam are completely missing. The price was reduced to less than $15 in order to squeeze as much money from the game before it dies. I repeat: do not purchase this game, you will not get what you think you are getting. Just look at the War Z forums to see the problems.
  2. Dec 17, 2012
    Purchased this game on Steam (which fails to acknowledge that it is still in beta on the War Z store page) and requested a RMA 4 hours later. I feel my time is better spent with the fantastic Arma II mod, Day Z. With War Z currently in beta at the moment, you will find broken game play and environments; from invisible walls to glitchy life ending hill drops to spotty AI. I feel yourPurchased this game on Steam (which fails to acknowledge that it is still in beta on the War Z store page) and requested a RMA 4 hours later. I feel my time is better spent with the fantastic Arma II mod, Day Z. With War Z currently in beta at the moment, you will find broken game play and environments; from invisible walls to glitchy life ending hill drops to spotty AI. I feel your money is best saved for its final release, if by then it is fixed. The game is acclaimed to be a MMO but I have never played an MMO that has a max server population of 50 players, by that logic Battlefield 1942 is a MMO. Now the genera can be daunting with its unforgivable finalizing, no respawn death, but very rewarding when meeting and joining up with a few fellow player with the same goal mind. With that said wait until the beta is done and watch the reviews to see if these problems get any better. For now stick with Day Z. Expand
  3. Dec 17, 2012
    This game is TERRIBLE. The features are all crappy rip-offs of features DayZ has, and the Dev's wishlist is the same. The screenshots featured in advertisements are LIES. they feature actions that are literally impossible in the game. The clan feature is only available in the in-game store, usually a free feature in MMO's. The advertise dozens of skills yet the actual number is ZERO! TheThis game is TERRIBLE. The features are all crappy rip-offs of features DayZ has, and the Dev's wishlist is the same. The screenshots featured in advertisements are LIES. they feature actions that are literally impossible in the game. The clan feature is only available in the in-game store, usually a free feature in MMO's. The advertise dozens of skills yet the actual number is ZERO! The playerbase is also 60% hackers but so far most of those banned are innocent due too the poorly implemented "bait" pick-ups they use to catch hackers. The servers also crach inexplicably on a regular basis. The zombies AI is the worst I have ever seen, and i've seen some pretty bad AI. if you dont believe me check the steam forums for every positive comment their are dozens calling for a free refund. In conclusion there is absolutely no reason to buy this game especially when the vastly superior DayZ is FREE. Expand
  4. Dec 17, 2012
    Horrible game, stay far far far away!

Terrible gameplay, bad controls, boring gameworld, tons of bugs, tons of cheaters, lying devs and the list goes on. How can they not list on the steam store page that this game is UNFINISHED? Or atleast mention its in a very early stage atleast. Also they list tons of features that are not in the game yet. Stop lying and be honest with you're
    Horrible game, stay far far far away!

How can they not list on the steam store page that this game is UNFINISHED? Or atleast mention its in a very early stage atleast. Also they list tons of features that are not in the game yet. Stop lying and be honest with you're fans will go along way instead of treating them bad.

Whats with the banning of legit players for no reason other then making them buy the game again?

Terrible game, stay away!
  5. Dec 17, 2012
    Poorly made rip off of Dayz. Most stated features are broken on non-existent. the single map is maybe 100 km, there are no private servers. even setting up a clan costs real money. The screen shots on steam are staged, there are no zombie hordes only a few here and there with no AI, This game was just a quick mod to the War inc engine to cash in on the popularity of Dayz, the game wasPoorly made rip off of Dayz. Most stated features are broken on non-existent. the single map is maybe 100 km, there are no private servers. even setting up a clan costs real money. The screen shots on steam are staged, there are no zombie hordes only a few here and there with no AI, This game was just a quick mod to the War inc engine to cash in on the popularity of Dayz, the game was rushed and it shows. There is really no point to playing this game, as a result all players have nothing left to do but sit around and camp waiting for someone to walk by so they can shoot them. I don't think this development company could make the game they say they wanted to make (which was just a laundry list of Dayz features). They seem very unprofessional and maybe a little shady. You are better off waiting for Dayz standalone or if you can't wait buy the Arma 2 pack off steam and get the Dayz mod for it. There will be a lot of fanboiz posting on here giving it 10/10, but this game is garbage and will not likely improve. Expand
  6. Dec 17, 2012
    The idea and concept behind War Z would be a winner in most every gamers library, unfortunately it has been poorly executed by Hammerpoint. There is a massive population of gamers who would enjoy playing a true Zombie Survival MMO, however this game falls short in all 3 of those words. ◎ Zombie. There are zombies in the game, and is probably the highest selling point for this game.The idea and concept behind War Z would be a winner in most every gamers library, unfortunately it has been poorly executed by Hammerpoint. There is a massive population of gamers who would enjoy playing a true Zombie Survival MMO, however this game falls short in all 3 of those words. ◎ Zombie. There are zombies in the game, and is probably the highest selling point for this game. Unfortunately the zombies are pointless in the game, and leave much to be desired. One would think in a Zombie Survival game, your biggest fear would be zombies. This is untrue. Players are your worst enemy, and zombies are there to be filler and annoying at most. The zombies in War Z have poor AI, and there is no variety in zombies.

◎ Survival. Yes the game has food and water, plus you have to find supplies to keep your health replenished. However, your not trying to survive against zombies. Your trying to survive from other players. Simply put, please don't let this game fool you. This is the truth. You'll be lured and filtered into towns for supplies, however soon find that they are filled with campers, server hoppers, and of course a extremely high population of hackers. Beware up front, trying to get to the safe zones is not an easy feat, due to safe zone campers.

◎ MMO. Don't let the 100 players fool you as well. Right now the servers sport a MAX population of 50 per server. Battlefield 3 has more than this. This game is far from being an MMO, so beware. You won't be in a HUGE world with hundreds of people. Instead, a single map that has 50 people.

Below are also the promised features listed and included with the game, per the Official Steam page.

◇ Two modes of Play: Normal and Hardcore
    FALSE. Hardcore mode does not work and is not yet implemented. You can create a hardcore character, however there are no differences as it stands between normal and hardcore.

◇ Meld of PVE(Player versus Environment) and PVP(Player versus Player)
    FALSE. No PVE content. This game will force you into PVP as it contains no PVE. You are looting and scavenging to stay alive against other players. Simple as that.

◇ Up to 100 Players per Game Server
    FALSE. MAX right now is 50. If they raise it further, game is over crowded. They already tried this before releasing the game on Steam.

◇ Dedicated Public Servers as well as Private Servers
    FALSE. This feature isn't even in the game yet.

It's made to look like there are massive hordes of Zombies that your trying to stay alive against. The truth is, turn those zombies into other survivors attempting to kill you and it would lean more towards the truth.
    Below I break down each of the topics listed on their main site.

◎ FIRST ZOMBIE MMO

I have a hard time accepting that this game could even be considered an MMO. In the current state, the existing Colorado map supports a low population of 50, and you have hundreds of individual game servers. Look at Battlefield which supports 64 players, and offers server rentals. Battlefield is not called an MMO, and why? It's not. Hammerpoint should re-evaluate this statement, as there are very few additions that separate it from any other FPS game. The few unique features it does have, such as a food and water meter, random spawning gear, inventory, do not make it an MMO. It should be considered a Zombie Survival FPS game, not MMO. NOTE! This is not my review but i want to share it as it states so many good points! the original post can be found @steamforums http://steamcommunity.com/app/226700/discussions/0/828925216535135621/
  7. Dec 18, 2012
    If you are going to blatantly rip off a competitors title, at least do it right. Graphics are horrid, gameplay is broken and there is no intentions of fixing any of this other than broken promises. Hammerpoint Interactive had a failed title called War Inc. The game was doing terrible because the developers behind the game where terrible at their job. Dayz comes onto the scene and blows theIf you are going to blatantly rip off a competitors title, at least do it right. Graphics are horrid, gameplay is broken and there is no intentions of fixing any of this other than broken promises. Hammerpoint Interactive had a failed title called War Inc. The game was doing terrible because the developers behind the game where terrible at their job. Dayz comes onto the scene and blows the doors off. Hammerpoint see's an opportunity and reskins their game (War Inc.) and throws it out there as a zombie survival game. Same awful graphics, gameplay, bugs, hackers, etc as War inc.

War Inc. was a Free 2 Play game. With The War Z they slapped a sticker price to the game as well as keeping the existing cash shop from War Inc. in the game as a way to grow revenue. They knew that DayZ was hot and that if they copied Dayz that people would pay money to play their game. There was no reason to go Free 2 Play in order to attract a crowd, Dayz had already created it!

Their cash grab technique, lies about in game feature and their lies about the game being in development for 3 years is just utter ****

People naive enough to buy their game and report bugs in the forums got banned. Players trying to play legit got hacked on by devs and their friends who would use developer tools to spawn in items.

This game just stinks of ****
  8. Dec 18, 2012
    Unpolished, unfinished and poorly thought through, War Z manages to disappoint me in ways I didn't think was possible. The producer is a moronic jackass, developers lie on a daily basis, there's no communication in their company and the game-play is still in very early alpha-stages. To top it all down, they are also trying to deny people their human rights by pre-emptively saying "NoUnpolished, unfinished and poorly thought through, War Z manages to disappoint me in ways I didn't think was possible. The producer is a moronic jackass, developers lie on a daily basis, there's no communication in their company and the game-play is still in very early alpha-stages. To top it all down, they are also trying to deny people their human rights by pre-emptively saying "No refunds" before the game was even released, knowing that it would have turned out like **** and that people would demand their money back. Good thing they used a 3rd party to transfer funds. Day Z fanboys raging at it before even seeing in-game footage aside, avoid this title like the plague and check back within a year or two to see if they've finished adding all the animations. Expand
  9. Dec 18, 2012
    This is a scam, nothing but a cheap cash in of DayZ's success. Do yourself a favor and don't support this dishonesty by buying this garbage. Save your money.
  10. Dec 18, 2012
    The developers are liars and the game is a scam. The Steam release 'features' dedicated and private servers with up to 100 people and over 40 weapons! Just two of the lies Hammerpoint Interactive have been feeding us. The game's evidently non-existent anti-cheat makes playing a horrible experience (if it wasn't already for the poor physics and AI) and the community of the game seem toThe developers are liars and the game is a scam. The Steam release 'features' dedicated and private servers with up to 100 people and over 40 weapons! Just two of the lies Hammerpoint Interactive have been feeding us. The game's evidently non-existent anti-cheat makes playing a horrible experience (if it wasn't already for the poor physics and AI) and the community of the game seem to treat it as though it's Call of Doody and shoot to kill on sight. The fact that Hammerpoint seemingly ban players at random is even more baffling! Unless, of course, it is a ploy on their part to try and scrounge every last penny out of people. The community manager, Kewk, in particular is a frustrating individual; I have heard that he, after being legitimately killed by a player, banned said player and spawned in all his lost items. It is astounding that a corporation like this can get away with this kind of crime - breaking at least four US retail laws.
    Now, I accept that we are buying the game in Beta (I did start playing in Alpha) - a fact that has been omitted on Steam, I have noticed - but there has been no attempt to develop a working anti-cheat for the game. I have seen that hackers in the game are not even prevented from using their hacks for a brief period of time, the game is updated and it is 'Ban time' (as Hammerpoint calls it) and yet the hacks still work as well as they used to.
    I'm not sure that this game would be any good if it was Free to Play, especially since the quality of such games is improving (Planetside 2), but the fact that they charge for the game, as well as many in-game items is ludicrous. Seriously, save yourself the time, money and hassle, buy a good game instead.
  11. Dec 19, 2012
    Stay veryyyyyy far away from this so called "game". It is basically false advertising to a T, and I had a hard time getting my money back.

This will probably be outed for what it really is very soon.
  12. Dec 18, 2012
    This quite possibly is the worst game I've ever played.

Seriously, I'm not just saying that.

There are two games I wish I never played.

1. Star Trek Legacy which was the worst rated star trek game in history.

2. The war Z

Seriously....this game isn't even worth a bag of urine.
  13. Dec 17, 2012
    The first 15 minutes are pretty fun if you get on a low population server and there are no other players around. Once you start to get a few items and weapons it quickly starts to get repetitive and the ambiance of sounds and mood music that was cool at first quickly become annoyances. You soon learn that the game sounds are just random noise and others in your proximity cannot hear theThe first 15 minutes are pretty fun if you get on a low population server and there are no other players around. Once you start to get a few items and weapons it quickly starts to get repetitive and the ambiance of sounds and mood music that was cool at first quickly become annoyances. You soon learn that the game sounds are just random noise and others in your proximity cannot hear the same things. You also quickly learn that the only real thing to do with this game is avoid players or hunt them. Then you realize that avoiding players isn't even a part of the game since it is possible for a player to "ghost" behind you by logging off, getting on a server to move to a location behind you, then log back to your server and kill you before you know what happened. There just nothing tactical about the shooter aspect of this game and there are just not enough survival features or meaningfulness to the zombies in this game to justify calling this a zombie survival game. Also they claim it is an MMO but there is nothing massive about this multiplayer online game. Maps are small, servers are low pop (50 max with current map), characters are not bound to servers, servers claim to be persistent but there is nothing on a server that matters to a player since they can do their banking outside of the server and they can switch from server to server without penalty.

Worst thing about this game is that they falsely advertise features of the game and show staged screenshots of the game that are not actually in the actual game. I give the game a 1 for the first 15 minutes of wonder but it quickly falls down as a game worth owning. If they are able to put several more months of development into the game and actually implement some of the features they advertise then maybe it will worth reconsidering but first impressions are important and right now I have no trust that Hammerpoint is anything more than a poorly run dev shop.
  14. Dec 18, 2012
    Pre-Ordered this game as soon it was possible. Got my Legendary Pack. The game isn't ready for release. The was NEVER ready for release. And they released it. It has the potential to be a good game, but it's not because the devs are greedy and just want to cash in. Everything in the game seems badly done and simply rushed. Textures are bad, the game looks like crap and yet it's so badlyPre-Ordered this game as soon it was possible. Got my Legendary Pack. The game isn't ready for release. The was NEVER ready for release. And they released it. It has the potential to be a good game, but it's not because the devs are greedy and just want to cash in. Everything in the game seems badly done and simply rushed. Textures are bad, the game looks like crap and yet it's so badly optimized that even high end computers have problems running it. Most features that were promised aren't even ingame for testing yet. In short: A huge case of false advertisement. Stay way from this game. Expand
  15. Dec 18, 2012
    I usually believe that people give zero ratings to games just to pull them down because they are massively over hyped (see Halo, Call of duty etc), however zero in the War Z actually means zero.

I will list a few reasons as to why this game deserves a 0 - The game play is clunky with poor animations, broken mechanics and invisible walls - The Item spawns seem to break soon after

I will list a few reasons as to why this game deserves a 0
    - The Item spawns seem to break soon after server restarts,
    - Servers need restarting regularly and can be unstable
    - Ammunition can be brought for real money as can food and other survival equipment,
    - Newbie ganking is the meta,
    - Extremely suspect development team with other great titles like big rig racing,
    - Development targets are never hit and many "features" that were promised months ago are never delivered
    - Heavily moderated forum that often has negative feedback deleted, - The games producer admits to abandoning their development of another game to start this game following the success of DayZ though the lead developer denies this.
  16. Dec 20, 2012
    This game has a TON of potential. And when you find a game without hackers and play with a friend you can have a lot of fun.

However right now, the Devs (through unprofessionalism) and hackers are destroying the game. Not to mention the Devs are a PR nightmare. Building the game on the engine of another game, stealing artwork from other sources (The Walking Dead). Acting like spoilt children on the forums. Random bans for no reason. Straight up lying about game features (all screen shots on the website are fake and do not represent the game at all).

Fact is, this game could be really great. But the devs need to start acting like honest professionals and not snake oil salesmen with a bad attitude. And they need to fix the biggest problems with the game, namely the BS nickel and dime transactions and the hackers.
  17. Dec 18, 2012
    This game should definatley be in the free-to-play section of steam as it has micro-transactions in it and is in an alpha stage (although said to be the full game in the description with plenty of features that aren't even present in the current build). Item bought in the marketplace with real cash are not permanent and will be lost immediately upon death - which happens often consideringThis game should definatley be in the free-to-play section of steam as it has micro-transactions in it and is in an alpha stage (although said to be the full game in the description with plenty of features that aren't even present in the current build). Item bought in the marketplace with real cash are not permanent and will be lost immediately upon death - which happens often considering this is a zombie survival game. With all of that in mind, I advise you to hold onto your cash and either wait for the complete game or the standalone Day Z. Expand
  18. Dec 18, 2012
    The developers are a scam. The game released as an alpha with no indication it's still an alpha. They're only cashing in on the DayZ hype. They should be sued for false advertisement and much much more. They should be ashamed of themselves.
  19. Dec 18, 2012
    Quite possibly the worst game ever made. The graphics look like they are from a Sega Dreamcast at best and this is 2012 making these graphics completely unacceptable. Just so everyone knows, the screenshots shown are not taken from the game. And the last thing every potential player needs to know, there is a 1 HOUR RESPAWN TIMER when you die and you LOSE ALL YOUR GEAR!
  20. Dec 18, 2012
    Dreadful. Not being a player of DayZ, but aware that my friends and others had enjoyed it, I quickly saw this game (The War Z) and made the connection that it was the stand alone DayZ that I had previously heard rumors of. Now, I'm willing to accept that I'm at a lot of fault for buying this game on impulse without doing any research, and I quickly found out after I had bought the game,Dreadful. Not being a player of DayZ, but aware that my friends and others had enjoyed it, I quickly saw this game (The War Z) and made the connection that it was the stand alone DayZ that I had previously heard rumors of. Now, I'm willing to accept that I'm at a lot of fault for buying this game on impulse without doing any research, and I quickly found out after I had bought the game, but before I had played it, that it was not any actual version of DayZ, but rather an imitation, I was a bit concerned. Still, I tried it out with some optimism; it couldn't be terrible, but how wrong I was. The game is far from complete. Now, this in itself is no real crime; plenty of games are played before they are complete yet they evolve into something much greater over time. The real tragedy here is that it makes no mention of it's Alpha stage before you purchase it. It, indeed, presents itself as a full and complete game. Now, even then, that's not to say the game couldn't be fun. Yet, while some tend to enjoy it, it would seem a good majority does not. (including myself) There's nothing that really orients you towards any sort of goal. Now, this is also sometimes a good thing, hell, it worked for Minecraft, but in this case there isn't really too much to actually grasp and adapt to in the game. Focus in the game is not born through the mere playing of it, in my experience. Survival quickly becomes a chore, rather than a game. On the flip side, things look pretty from a distance and zombies in the game do scare the hell out of me, so the game isn't totally lacking in potential. Just, you know, as is, don't touch it. Expand
  21. Dec 18, 2012
    lies all over the place. first they said, its gonna be free2play. now you have to pay for a beta...
    they have a super great ingameitemshop, with items you loose after you die. great thing to waste real money on items and get killed 5 seconds after you join a server.
    they promised 100 people on the server, but the cap is on 50... they promised own rental stronghold servers... "soon"

but 9 points for the female playermodels with big boobs. -8 for not beeing able to see them in-game...
  22. Dec 18, 2012
    Gameplay is fun, but cant say much else. Most unprofessional DEV team I've ever dealt with. Break deadlines regularly, called players a **** on official forums,spawn in guns, teleport in public servers, etc.

Check on the game in 6 months, IF its still around, MAYBE take another look....As for now.. .Stay away.
  23. Dec 18, 2012
    It's a total scam. I bought this game on steam, they have all these features and things you can do listed on their store page. Yet half of them are not even in the game, they have listed no where on there store page that this game is not finished. Thus I feel I was lied to. I "attempted" to play this game, and it sucks. The AI of Zombies so the worst I have ever seen, and half the timeIt's a total scam. I bought this game on steam, they have all these features and things you can do listed on their store page. Yet half of them are not even in the game, they have listed no where on there store page that this game is not finished. Thus I feel I was lied to. I "attempted" to play this game, and it sucks. The AI of Zombies so the worst I have ever seen, and half the time you can't even kill them, this game is no where near release quality, yet it was released.. Go figure. It's simply a crappy port off of War Inc. with lots of glitches. Expand
  24. Dec 18, 2012
    Something is really nagging me about this game. Arktos Entertainment are charging 13.49 plus for a unfinished barely playable product. The Arktos Entertainment alone with Steam seem to be involved in some very shaddy business practices. False advertisement.This game is riddled with hackers praying upon non hackers as usual in games these days. No real safeguards, duh. I could go on and onSomething is really nagging me about this game. Arktos Entertainment are charging 13.49 plus for a unfinished barely playable product. The Arktos Entertainment alone with Steam seem to be involved in some very shaddy business practices. False advertisement.This game is riddled with hackers praying upon non hackers as usual in games these days. No real safeguards, duh. I could go on and on about how shaddy and terrible The War Z is but I'm not. Bottom line is do not buy this game. Do not reward Arktos Entertainment for its shaddy business practices. Also, if are one of the unlucky ones who have actually bought this game, at the very least don't waste your money buying with real money in game items Expand
  25. Dec 18, 2012
    Would love this game if it was handled in a totally different manner. Every move by the Devs have put a quick buck over the long term success of this game. Missed deadlines and early release of a build that has not been improved much since closed alpha. Currently this game is not something I would recommend to my friends and that is a shame since it could easily be the game of my dreams.Would love this game if it was handled in a totally different manner. Every move by the Devs have put a quick buck over the long term success of this game. Missed deadlines and early release of a build that has not been improved much since closed alpha. Currently this game is not something I would recommend to my friends and that is a shame since it could easily be the game of my dreams.

Edit; Misclicked it is a 4 out of 10
  26. Dec 18, 2012
    It's hard to explain how bad this game actually is. It is so damn glitch! Also you pay for a Beta game and not a full game!!! Also there are transactions in the game that does not justify the fee you pay for the game it self. Be smart and stay away from this game please!
  27. Dec 18, 2012
    While the game had potential, the devs and the moderators have abused and suppressed facts and opinions on their forums. They are skirting the line of ethical values and seem to push for a "release title" then to work to finish up the game. This is not a AAA title more like a C title at best. I could go into great detail but this is a game to revisit in a few months. Also the map is aWhile the game had potential, the devs and the moderators have abused and suppressed facts and opinions on their forums. They are skirting the line of ethical values and seem to push for a "release title" then to work to finish up the game. This is not a AAA title more like a C title at best. I could go into great detail but this is a game to revisit in a few months. Also the map is a fraction of the size it was going to be and changed the wording many times since Oct 15th alpha. Nothing is on schedule with them and core components are pushed back all the time. The good is if you like a CoD style game with some zombies around play it for the fun of others misery. If you want a survival experience then you will have a long wait ahead of you.

Ohh and no friends system set up or away to tell who is a friendly type or a bandit since you have to type to chat and get killed for that. So no VOIP in-game makes it very hard to play with randomly met people.
  28. Dec 18, 2012
    I like playing the game but their CONSTANT AND CONSISTENT lies have bored me. They have CLEARLY rushed this out no matter what they claim. Has all the potential for a brilliant game if only they spent some of the money from preorders on hiring more developers rather than gold plated suits. As a developer I understand development hold ups but the problem they face is claiming to haveI like playing the game but their CONSTANT AND CONSISTENT lies have bored me. They have CLEARLY rushed this out no matter what they claim. Has all the potential for a brilliant game if only they spent some of the money from preorders on hiring more developers rather than gold plated suits. As a developer I understand development hold ups but the problem they face is claiming to have features for "private test groups" that they dont have AT ALL! Its not just delayed features, its stuff they have not even started work on! For gods sake the community/clans page does not even refresh, you have to LOG OUT to get the new data. From a programming perspective making something like that refresh is the least taxing problem out there, just re run the same code that fills it. TLDR;
    Promising game thats fun to play but constant lies and delays are tiresome.
  29. Dec 19, 2012
    Don't buy this game, this is the biggest scam ever made, a cheap ripoff from DayZ and a huge cash grab with P2W.
    The devs shows no respect for the community and censor anyone who criticizes their game but they can't censor here.
    I have tested it and it was an absolute disaster, don't think i bought this on Steam because i didn't and i never will. Anyone wants to be famous like DayZ,

Anyone wants to be famous like DayZ, but that's something hard to accomplish, especially when you want people to pay for weapons, fast re-spawn and other things.
  30. Dec 18, 2012
    It's impossible to talk to Tech Support, worst support ever since Knight Online. -2 points for support, -3 points for not implemented features(if you don't have them in the game, do not write them on your steam page), -2 points for lack of community management so my total point is 3 and this 3 points just goes to game idea, however people says it's clone of dayz, i've never played dayz soIt's impossible to talk to Tech Support, worst support ever since Knight Online. -2 points for support, -3 points for not implemented features(if you don't have them in the game, do not write them on your steam page), -2 points for lack of community management so my total point is 3 and this 3 points just goes to game idea, however people says it's clone of dayz, i've never played dayz so the game idea seems pretty awesome to me, It may be copy of a another game that's normal, happens always. Expand
  31. Dec 18, 2012
    Let's stick to the facts. The Steam store page for this game lists many features that the game simply doesn't have. The screen-shots for the game are not in-game, and are in fact promotional 'concept art'. The company behind the game are completely unprofessional in the way that they handle their PR. The game probably has the worst micro-transaction system of any game I have ever heard of.Let's stick to the facts. The Steam store page for this game lists many features that the game simply doesn't have. The screen-shots for the game are not in-game, and are in fact promotional 'concept art'. The company behind the game are completely unprofessional in the way that they handle their PR. The game probably has the worst micro-transaction system of any game I have ever heard of. Anything that you buy will be lost as soon as you are killed...So why buy anything? Last but not least, the game is riding the coat tails of the success of the DayZ mod and using it's hype to generate sales from misguided people. Expand
  32. Dec 18, 2012
    Awful, simply awful. the only thing worse than the fact that they nickel and dime you for EVERYTHING is the online community. If this is the future of MMOs then I'm ready to get off the train. What do you expect from the developer that brought you the proclaimed worst game of all times, Big Riggs. This game is a worthy followup.
  33. KRX
    Dec 18, 2012
    A fair score for this game, based on it's quality, developer responses, and support service is a 3/10.

Support in this game is nearly impossible to get. A friend of my was permanently banned by looting items you could access via glitches that were set up (without warning) to catch "hackers". Items again, that were accessible by players without any kinds of hacks (Remember, this is an alpha game being sold as a released game and "glitchers" are being permanently banned). He received no email explaining his ban, no message about why he was banned or how to contact support. He found out how he could contact support and send in a ticket, he has not been contacted, and there is no way for him to check and see if his ticket is still active. They're charging for the game and they have micro transaction systems for everything. Everything in game will cost you extra money. Whether it's making a clan, renting a server, buying cosmetic items (that you lose upon death) or new character models. You only get 1 character model to start off, until you buy more. Developers constantly lie to the customers about their anti-hack systems and how effective it is. (Almost no actual hackers have been banned yet and the number of hackers is growing on third party sites daily). Developers constantly promise features that are always pushed back. Never meeting release days for patches. They cannot construct sentences in English or use spell check to correct their posts. There website has not been updated since September and has old information on it, the screen shots post on the site and on steam DO NOT represent the game. None of those screen shots can be recreated in game.

Developers have actually lied about features being in game that are NOT IN GAME. To the customers. Including... hidden tents with better than average loot, boss zombies, infections, and that GC items spawn the game world.

The quality of this game is another story entirely... for a survival game, you spend almost no time thinking about survival. This game is entirely a pvp game where you kill anyone you see and hope they had loot for you to take. Loot is extremely easy to stock pile. I already have over 200 guns in an infinitely large bank system that takes away any thrill of playing the game. The graphics of the game are well below what you would expect from a PC game

Game only supports 50 players per server (NOT 100). This game is NOT an MMO. There are NO RPG elements in the game. Battlefield has more players per server than this "MMO".

Finally... This game is littered with hackers. Hackers everywhere. It's unplayable unless you are hacking yourself. I play in a group of 5-8 guys and five or six of them are hacking. It's not fun playing with them because they just instant kill everyone from 500 meters away and I go and loot. Nothing fun about it... BUT theres really nothing fun about playing without them and you're the one dying to the hackers constantly. So whether you're hacking or not, the game really is terrible either way. Huge list of features missing from the game and NO anti-hack system at all is in place. A major issue I have is the developers think their game is great.

Anyways, I hope this review helped. This has been a crazy year for gaming... ME3 failure, D3 failure, WarZ by far the worst game I've played in my life on a basis of quality... But I sadly was mislead and bought the game before it was out.

I stress to anyone reading these reviews DO NOT SUPPORT THIS COMPANY. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND INVEST IN A GAME WORTHY OF YOUR TIME AND MONEY.
  34. Dec 18, 2012
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.
    Really really bad. I tried it out while it was in "alpha/beta". I saw great potential in it but as they were getting closer and closer to the release date I basically saw devs that didn't really care about the game but more or less the money they could make from hopping on the DayZ bandwagon. Now that the "foundation build" is out nothing has changed.The map is still buggy, the textures are horrible, and most importantly almost all of their promises were never met (cars, strongholds, etc). If the game has been in development for as long as they claim it's been I expected more and I'm basically extremely disappointed.

Again this game HAD potential but this game jsut blows.
  35. Dec 18, 2012
    Do not purchase this game. Many features listed on Steam are completely missing. The price was reduced to less than $15 in order to squeeze as much money from the game before it dies. I repeat: do not purchase this game, you will not get what you think you are getting. The game is also pay to play and it has an free to play store to milk for even more money. This is an obvious cashgrab.
  36. Dec 18, 2012
    The Game description makes War Z sound like the perfect Zombie game however the Developers lack of fulfilling promises has really gone on too long. With Previous promises of certain features in the "Foundation Release" coming in December only to be met with "1-4 Weeks" until the features listed on Steam may actually be in-game. I could put up with the same models as War Inc and the bugs ifThe Game description makes War Z sound like the perfect Zombie game however the Developers lack of fulfilling promises has really gone on too long. With Previous promises of certain features in the "Foundation Release" coming in December only to be met with "1-4 Weeks" until the features listed on Steam may actually be in-game. I could put up with the same models as War Inc and the bugs if only the Developers could meet their deadlines and carry out their promises. Hackers are a problem as well as false bans which have since been corrected. I love the concept - Dislike the execution. Expand
  37. Dec 18, 2012
    After having played hundreds of hours in DayZ , i figured i could use a change of pace , tough i had previous knowledge/doubts about this game , it was reasonable enough for me to buy into the ALPHA of this game , and to play/test the proof of concept.
    I knew what i was getting in to and even tough it seemed shady and like a cash grab , I've somewhat enjoyed the game playing with friends (tough it's mostly the playing with friends i enjoyed , the game was fairly terrible and buggy).
    Now coming to recent times , I've found out they ACTUALLY HAD THE AUDACITY TO RELEASE THIS PIECE OF **** AS A FINISHED PRODUCT?!
    How dare they...
    It's a blatant lie that this game has been in development for years , it's simply a mod on their ****ty game "War INC" for which you have to pay a retail price , AND you can buy in-game items with a micro-transaction system that considerably increase your probability of survival (IN A SURVIVAL GAME).
    The steam page with blatant lies , random banning , irresponsible moderators , lead developer that has the English vocabulary of a 6 year old and the issues with their refund company (Xsolla) all give this bonus points towards rating this game a ZERO.
    I would have given it a minus infinity , as you can hardly call this a game in it's current state , and it should be taken off of steam IMMEDIATELY.
    Hammerpoint INC should be ashamed of themselves.
  38. Dec 18, 2012
    Developers are full of misinformation and lies, multiple features promised are either not implemented or not working, the screenshots shown on their website and on the steam store and not an accurate representation of the game at all and are clearly edited to make the game look better than it is.

The textures in the game are horrible, Zombie AI and pathing is laughable, quite often they will get stuck or run on the spot, Player and zombie animations look like they've been done by an 8 year old. The servers are rampant with hackers and the game is leaning more and more towards paytowin with the cash shop implementations (4 hour re-spawns when you die but you can pay to re spawn instantly) Avoid this game like the plague, if you're still even considering purchasing it look at other reviews online and all the controversy surrounding the game, i can only hope it will make you reconsider and save your money.
  39. Feb 23, 2013
    Some people try to prove that this game is good, because they got wallet raped and they don't want to admit the mistake they have done. If you want to buy the game clearly check TotalBiscuit game play and check reviews of the game before buying it. The textures are ugly and so on. Unfinished game and for those that saying that the game is in alpha/beta The Game Is Already Charging Money!Some people try to prove that this game is good, because they got wallet raped and they don't want to admit the mistake they have done. If you want to buy the game clearly check TotalBiscuit game play and check reviews of the game before buying it. The textures are ugly and so on. Unfinished game and for those that saying that the game is in alpha/beta The Game Is Already Charging Money! Hell even you pay items that you can lose in few seconds. And for those stating that the game was in development 1/2/3 years, they are right because they already were working on a previous game called war inc that is f2p and a copy paste just without zombies. Terrible game, even devs ban people for scaring hackers away. Better get skyrim or something else for your money than this "game". Expand
  40. Dec 18, 2012
    Big Rigs comes to mind when playing this game. It's unfinished and plagued by bugs, exploits and hacks.
    At first I believed the promises of the developers and decided to just wait it out, but Hammerpoint is like that prostitute you just paid and then she admits to you that she has no vagina, but too bad, she runs off with your money anyways.
  41. Dec 19, 2012
    Dear Sirs and Ladies,

I am just a normal customer, so you could say, and I have purchased this game knowing that it would be in the state of an Alpha Phase. This was alright, because I thought I could trust my money and time to these new developers. I played, experienced and had my fun. There were many suggestions to be looked at, a truly colourful future to be had! I kept looking
    Dear Sirs and Ladies,

I kept looking and looking and did not find the weaponary or things that I would expect in the game, no problem I told myself. I could simply suggest it. An Archery range, bows, even fencing kevlar armor. Wouldn't that be fun I thought? That was a few weeks, maybe three ago. Because I was playing with friends, I decided to take a break after the wipe of characters, just fine.

Now I return, I see a gaming community in uproar, in outmost rage. I cannot help but to frown.. Something went wrong. I can see it shimmering in the distance, oh golden seduction. It is a rain of money upon the developers, blinding them from what is truly important.

The customers feel left alone in the dark, an apocalypse on their very game they wanted to love. Zombies, not in ragged clothes, but in business suits are gnawing on it's structure. This game, even if steam is slow, has been released within the blink of an eye as it seems.

This game, it was fun. I could run around, hacking, bashing, slashing through zombie hordes as if it was nothing, weird. My stomach would hurt.. Medicine would help, I mean who cares if the stomach shrinks down to the size of a peanut as long as you have antibiotics!..

Zombies that would follow me mindlessly, stacking on one another. Truly an amusing sight. And so easy to bash away too, with just an invincible, unwreckable hammer or even flashlight that would never break!

Water, there was plenty for some reason unknown to me. And binoculars? Of course! I had hundreds, so much to see!

...

My dear Developers,

What have you done? How could you? How dare you? Is nothing holy for you anymore?

These promises! Where are they? This is as if a bad joke just unfolded. The fooled ones are however those who actually wanted to support you!

I hope you have a merry christmas. Because I know what will land in my trash bin.

I am sorry game. But your makers have defiled you.

The game community cannot trust you anymore, dear developers and investors.

This is the undoing of a game that turned out to be a sad christmas story..

I hope you will be happy with the shiny things these people have given you to ruin this game.

Yours sincerely,

Edhmelus "L." Tharsonus.
  42. Dec 18, 2012
    This is a buggy uninspired mess which looks like it was made in 1996 and runs about as well as if it had. The developers were caught out selling it as a complete and full featured game and even when it is clearly an alpha at best. This game is modeled after other freemium games in that it sells cosmetic and convenience items for real money but not even that it also sells actual gameplayThis is a buggy uninspired mess which looks like it was made in 1996 and runs about as well as if it had. The developers were caught out selling it as a complete and full featured game and even when it is clearly an alpha at best. This game is modeled after other freemium games in that it sells cosmetic and convenience items for real money but not even that it also sells actual gameplay items as well.

Hammerpoint Interactive did not see fit to finish their "free" game but they did see fit to complete the real money trading system and sell you the alpha client. That is how much they respect you, the Consumer.
  43. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is blatant fraud. It states it is in a "Feature Complete" state, when none of the initially described features exist. The amount of hackers this game has is UNACCEPTABLE. There are hacks in this game you may have never even experienced before: speed hacks, aimbots, invisibility, infinite health. All of these hacks in a 'survival' game where your only real enemy is the onesThis game is blatant fraud. It states it is in a "Feature Complete" state, when none of the initially described features exist. The amount of hackers this game has is UNACCEPTABLE. There are hacks in this game you may have never even experienced before: speed hacks, aimbots, invisibility, infinite health. All of these hacks in a 'survival' game where your only real enemy is the ones you'll never see. I give this game a 0/10, because the devs of this product are blatantly lying to their consumers.

Some of the features The War Z markets that do not exist:
    -Skill System -Majority of buildings explorable (Most are infact UNEXPLORABLE)
    -Water is a barrier (Cannot swim)
  44. Dec 18, 2012
    To many lies, we waiting for results, Servers, Friend Systems and so mutch more.
    I see nothing of them.... nothing. The Game is boring ATM, i play it for the Development and you
    take it on Steam ? We wait for the Patches....

the game sucks o.o
  45. Dec 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The developers don't know what they are doing with this game and most of the promised features are not in the game yet.
    They even unban cheaters when they ask for it because their anti-cheat doesn't work properly.
  46. Dec 18, 2012
    This game had so much potential, but the greed of the developers is really something to behold.

Not happy with failing to deliver on the promises made to the game community, they decided to ignore all feedback, put the game onto steam before its anywhere near ready, and then try and milk money from the players by enforcing a pay to win system. Want to revive your dead character

Want to revive your dead character quicker than 4 hours? PAY!

Want to play without getting killed on sight? PPPAAAYYY!!!

Want to be able to enjoy the game you were promise? PPPPPAAAAAA... Oh wait, that's right, That thing was a lie!

Don't waste your money, until this developer gives the people who bought it what was promised!
  47. Dec 18, 2012
    This game was great at the start! Then the f*cking devs randomly banned me! There costumer support sucks, and they say that they have banned every hacker. I would have much more luck climbing a ladder with nothing but my bare nipplez than to get good customer support. The producer of this game said that they would temp ban you first then perma ban you next, BUT NO! THE F*CKERS INSTA BAN URThis game was great at the start! Then the f*cking devs randomly banned me! There costumer support sucks, and they say that they have banned every hacker. I would have much more luck climbing a ladder with nothing but my bare nipplez than to get good customer support. The producer of this game said that they would temp ban you first then perma ban you next, BUT NO! THE F*CKERS INSTA BAN UR ASS WHEN YOU ARE A LEGIT PLAYER. The game is really really good, but its run by sh*tbrained b*tches. Expand
  48. Dec 18, 2012
    In the games current state it is nothing more than a first person shooter and not a good one at that. No one really hunts the zombies actually the game is more like run in a pack and just kill other players its not really and mmo until the kill on site aspect is addressed. Hammerpoint is making every attempt to clean out your wallet. They continue to fill the game with broken promises andIn the games current state it is nothing more than a first person shooter and not a good one at that. No one really hunts the zombies actually the game is more like run in a pack and just kill other players its not really and mmo until the kill on site aspect is addressed. Hammerpoint is making every attempt to clean out your wallet. They continue to fill the game with broken promises and it seems maybe they cannot deliver what they have actually would be in the game at this point. It really seems that they have spent more time figuring ways to make money than actually fixing the things that are broke in the game e.g glitchy hill drops to your death, erratic out of place game sounds, bad AI, optimized graphics. Expand
  49. Dec 17, 2012
    Excellent game. I used to play DayZ before i found this game and while they are similar, The War Z has many aspects that make me enjoy it far more than i ever did with dayz. I would defiantly recommend it to other people who are fans of realistic zombie games.
  50. Dec 18, 2012
    No fun, lame, looks cheap, dev team are spreed lies as hell. Pay to win. Animations unreal. World is streached, you feel like a dwarf if u look at doors. Play the original, DayZ SA.
  51. Dec 18, 2012
    This is not a legit game. This is a very good attempt at scam. I regret buying this game every time i see its name. Screenshots are nothing like game. Bad business decisions- selling non working mod with micro transactions for 15bucks, also selling game before for 25$ and saying its cheaper than realise price which is obviously not
  52. Dec 18, 2012
    I really want this game to succeed and it does have potential but at this rate the game is barely getting any better and the developers keep pushing back dates for things that they promised beforehand.
  53. Dec 18, 2012
    On a personal experience, I have had a good time with one of my friends travelling around the map. However, the company is the real reason you shouldn't buy this game. The company is trying to suck the money out of you, with micro transactions everywhere. The company promised many things that were supposed to be in the game a long time ago, but are now postponed to next year. Do not buy,On a personal experience, I have had a good time with one of my friends travelling around the map. However, the company is the real reason you shouldn't buy this game. The company is trying to suck the money out of you, with micro transactions everywhere. The company promised many things that were supposed to be in the game a long time ago, but are now postponed to next year. Do not buy, at least until they complete the game. Expand
  54. Dec 18, 2012
    WarZ is a reskin of War Inc. made to ride on the coattails of Day Z, they are charging people to even play the game (something DayZ doesn't do) and hasn't updated much in the past few months. Admins are known to ban you for random in hopes to rebuy an account. The game has absolutely no anticheat device, there are hackers on every server. Barely could I play even just 1 hour withoutWarZ is a reskin of War Inc. made to ride on the coattails of Day Z, they are charging people to even play the game (something DayZ doesn't do) and hasn't updated much in the past few months. Admins are known to ban you for random in hopes to rebuy an account. The game has absolutely no anticheat device, there are hackers on every server. Barely could I play even just 1 hour without meeting a noclipper, aimbotter, or speedhacker.

even on ultra settings the graphics are absolutely hideous. it has one of the worst texture quality and texture popping I have ever seen. the game itself plays extremely choppy and chunky. animations are horrendous, Zombies often bug out and spin in circles. Items you buy with real money will be lost if you die. half of the advertised features on the steam store page are not even implemented. it basically looks and plays like an alpha. it is clearly unfinished but they actually charge their alphatesters money.
  55. Dec 18, 2012
    Games is unfinished, it's still in alpha, but they selling it as it's full version which is not. Devs trying to cover their lies with banning people. Worst game of century, or even all time.
  56. Dec 18, 2012
    Not at all what they advertised on steam when i bought it. Not at all what they advertised on their website. Took a peek in the forums and saw all the rage and still bought it. I should have listened.

This game may be what it supposed to be in a year but it definitely isn't right now.
  57. Dec 18, 2012
    Very buggy game. Misleading information posted on the Steam page. Terrible gameplay, bad controls, and boring game world. Stay away from this game. Stay far away and never look back at it. I was gifted this game, my friend play a evil joke on me.
  58. Dec 18, 2012
    Lies, lies, lies and more lies.
    Hacker-ridden cheap rip-off that will suck money out of you for absolutely 0 content. A month ago this game was hiding behind alpha/beta excuse, now it's a foundation release but nothing have changed. Terrible gameplay, terrible graphics and frankly, lying about 2 years of development backfires badly. Avoid at all costs!
  59. Dec 18, 2012
    This is an obviously unfinished product marketed as a complete game. The developers changed the Steam store page after a huge influx of complaints. Poor game play on a horrific engine. The best thing I can say is that the ambient sounds are okay.
  60. Dec 18, 2012
    Pre-ordered the game early October and was in since the first few hours on the 15th. I was really looking forward to this game and all the things it was supposed to be based on the interviews and how the game was described, but by now it's very clear they've taken a very different course. There is essentially no game features implemented as of yet, and even the animations andPre-ordered the game early October and was in since the first few hours on the 15th. I was really looking forward to this game and all the things it was supposed to be based on the interviews and how the game was described, but by now it's very clear they've taken a very different course. There is essentially no game features implemented as of yet, and even the animations and environments which they all borrowed from the free to play game they based the game off. If you've played War Inc., think of having a bunch of nearly harmless npcs running around and a few weapon reskins. The overwhelming lack of professionalism from the developers is incredible, as you can easily find with a quick search. Misleading is the best word you can use for their sporadic communication. This game will end up free to play if it ever does make it to an actual 'Release' by any proper standards. Do not buy this game. You will regret it, as I do. Expand
  61. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is **** The developers are **** I bought a Pioneer key (U$S29.99) on Oct 16th, been playing a while so I know a bit about this "game". This is just a ripoff with FALSE ADVERTISING. You can see the staged "screenshots" of locations that DOESNT exist in the game. Vehicles? Zombies grabbing/pushing characters? Zombies reacting to lights? All lies (they EVEN posted this FALSEThis game is **** The developers are **** I bought a Pioneer key (U$S29.99) on Oct 16th, been playing a while so I know a bit about this "game". This is just a ripoff with FALSE ADVERTISING. You can see the staged "screenshots" of locations that DOESNT exist in the game. Vehicles? Zombies grabbing/pushing characters? Zombies reacting to lights? All lies (they EVEN posted this FALSE screenshots in the steam page). They launched the game in this pitty state just to grab money, they lied since the beginning. The so called anti-cheat is a LIE. They say the ban cheaters, that´s a lie, they just ban random people so they can buy their piece of **** "game" again. Only thing positive I have to say, is that luckily after a fight of 2 weeks with "game support" and my credit card costumer support, I got the full refund. DO NOT BUY THIS. THIS GAME IS A SCAM! Ask the former War Inc community, these guys are the same devolpers, they abandoned that game to make this cash-grab of a game. Expand
  62. Dec 18, 2012
    Please save your money and stay away from this game... This game is horrible, its filled with players who would rather kill you, there are no skills even though it is advertised, This company has also lie to consumers on Steam, posting it up without revealing that the game is still in beta. The only safe places are these "villages" where you do nothing besides log out your character toPlease save your money and stay away from this game... This game is horrible, its filled with players who would rather kill you, there are no skills even though it is advertised, This company has also lie to consumers on Steam, posting it up without revealing that the game is still in beta. The only safe places are these "villages" where you do nothing besides log out your character to use an account warehouse style inventory. You cant build a safe house... You will most likely be killed by a player so i wouldn't use any of the "Premium" items u would spend real money on because you will drop those items when killed as well.

Had this game been a private server and play with friends instead of a public server game... I believe it would have been much better.
  63. Dec 18, 2012
    Horrible game. It is ridden with bugs and runs like **** on even great computers. Avoid this game at all costs and just wait for DayZ standalone to come out.
  64. Dec 18, 2012
    Horrible badly designed game. A blatant rip off of DayZ, and not even a very good one. Makes you pay for the alhpa, and then still has a real money cash shop. Filled with hackers and bugs, not worth the money. Check out Totalbiscuits video on it to see just how bad it is.
  65. Dec 18, 2012
    Wow..I prefer to comment on the games that I actually love and I'm usually on the defending side when it comes to flame wars but I HAVE to criticize this game because this kind of behavior is just unacceptable. The game has absolutely nothing that improves upon DayZ which this game is copied from. If this game took the elements from DayZ and made it better I'd call it a good game. If itWow..I prefer to comment on the games that I actually love and I'm usually on the defending side when it comes to flame wars but I HAVE to criticize this game because this kind of behavior is just unacceptable. The game has absolutely nothing that improves upon DayZ which this game is copied from. If this game took the elements from DayZ and made it better I'd call it a good game. If it was exactly the same, a rip-off. Now I don't know how to call it if it actually took most of the elements from DayZ and made it worse, added a pay-to-win micro-transaction items that get destroyed upon death. Yes, there's a pay-to-win in-game shop and yes, you lose the purchased items if your character dies. This is terrible for both the ones that buy the items and those who don't while devs take the money. The graphic's very bad aside from some of the skies yet poorly optimized. Terrible sound effects aside from gun sounds. The UI is meh and the FoV is so limited. Gameplay is downright boring and the map is too small and poorly designed. The game is pretty much in early-Alpha stage yet they sell the game as if it's finished and even advertise the features that aren't even in the game. This is unacceptable! I've always hated those enraged 0 rating votes but I'd actually give this game minus score if there was one. I don't care if you get enough enjoyment out of this for $14. Don't support this kind of behavior! Expand
  66. Dec 18, 2012
    The War Z is DayZ with better graphics. The War Z has many features that rip off from Dayz. As stated in earlier reviews, it has many bugs/glitches. If you are willing to spend the extra $10 on ArmA 2, I would favor that over buying this game. Not only does ArmA 2 have mods like Day Z, it has mods like Wasteland Mod. You are getting a much better value with buying ArmA 2 over The War Z.
  67. Dec 19, 2012
    Purchased this game as well and within 5 hours, I was banned. Not for cheating in the game, but for stating my dislike on the steam community hub. I was banned. From the game. For saying something on the forums. So I'm currently seeking a refund with steam. What time I did get in was far from pleasant. It was laggy, had constant framerate drops [even at lowest settings, and I can play mostPurchased this game as well and within 5 hours, I was banned. Not for cheating in the game, but for stating my dislike on the steam community hub. I was banned. From the game. For saying something on the forums. So I'm currently seeking a refund with steam. What time I did get in was far from pleasant. It was laggy, had constant framerate drops [even at lowest settings, and I can play most modern day games just fine near max], the zombies are few and far between. Nearly all the features they promised were not in. I was scammed like thousands of others and tricked into playing this shoddy ripoff of Day Z. But to be honest, what else can you expect from the people that made the worst game in history ..Big Rigs. Expand
  68. Dec 18, 2012
    Does this look like a minority of bad reviews? From the looks of it, lots of people are angry. Angry that we were duped by misleading information that the Director stated is ok to do.
  69. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is dreadfully bad! Probably one of the worst games I've played this year. Clearly not finished by any stretch of imagination. Not to mention the Dev's bad business practice and their immature anti-consumer behaviour. This game will get zero points from me!
  70. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is a poorly done imitation of other Zombie survival games. It lacks originality and direction and gives the appearance of being out for a fast buck. I am surprised that steam would even offer a game like this
  71. Dec 18, 2012
    One of the biggest jokes in gaming this century. Complete and obvious lies from the developers on a regular basis. This is rumor or opinion, it's fact. And I don't mean simple errors in patch contents or anything, they have bare face lied on a number of occasions.

The game itself could have some potential if it wasn't for the complete idiocy of the developers and moderators.
  72. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is full of bugs and doesn't deliver the promised content. If it was an Alpha then it would be understandable but when they are asking us $15 at Steam for it current content (not to mention false advertising) then I can only give it a 1 in 10. The worst $15 I have ever spent.
  73. Dec 18, 2012
    I'm not a fan of zero bombing, but this is out of principle.

I'm not a fan of zero bombing, but this is out of principle.

This game should not be allowed to be sold, at least as it is right now. It was "launched" in an alpha state, with absolutely no indication to anyone who doesn't research it that it's not a final release. Its Steam store page was full of blatant false information, which was "fixed" to contain slightly less false information, and the blame was pushed onto the consumers, accusing that they, and this is a direct quote from the creator of the game, "misread infromation about game features".

No, Sergey, you lied to lure people into paying for things that didn't (and still don't) exist. Good luck meeting your end-of-2012 launch deadline. I hope the lawsuits don't slow you down.
  74. Dec 18, 2012
    OK hammer point has lied to the community and numerous occasion's and ban's way to many innocent people for there so called anti cheat , witch has many flaws if its even real and doing ban's on illegal placed items is absurd.Banning people on forums for them speaking there mind on the game is also absurd.So much for treating the community good.
  75. Dec 18, 2012
    After giving this game the benefit of the doubt, after accepting and being aware of the fact that it is Alpha/beta test, and that I've only pre-ordered the game whilst being "allowed to test".. The recent alienation by the developers is one step too far (4-hour character respawn time). This game does have potential, but more and more it seems that it's becoming "pay to win". I for oneAfter giving this game the benefit of the doubt, after accepting and being aware of the fact that it is Alpha/beta test, and that I've only pre-ordered the game whilst being "allowed to test".. The recent alienation by the developers is one step too far (4-hour character respawn time). This game does have potential, but more and more it seems that it's becoming "pay to win". I for one will not spend one more penny on this game, until such times as I am satisfied that the developers are no longer blatantly milking players for cash. For me, this will probably be a year or more.

What a waste.
  76. Dec 18, 2012
    Game has a long list of features, none of which are in the game. The game developer's history shows their policy of releasing a game, collecting all the initial surge of money at release and dropping support for the game. No reasonable person would expect this game ever to have any of the features on their features list.

Developer regularly lies, makes up statistics, and does whatever

Developer regularly lies, makes up statistics, and does whatever it can to help further it's fraudulent activities to scam gamers out of money. This is a company you need to stay far, far away from.

Anyone interested in this game please be advised, anything you see in screenshots or in writing from them is NOT IN THE GAME THEY ARE SELLING.
  77. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is defined as an MMO. Despite this, it is definitely not an MMO. Massively Multiplayer pertains to a persistent world which does not exist in this game. Instead, you have servers with "batches" of 50 people you can play with.

The texture quality, especially the grass is quite awful. It is impossible to see in grass while proneing at all. The money shop gives players huge

The money shop gives players huge advantages for those that use it and really punishes players that dont.

The game on STeam also says an 100km world and multiple maps, despite the fact that War Z only currently has 1 map and it is not even 100km.

The game is very much INCOMPLETE. I could go into horrible detail about how this game has missed the mark. I could understand, if this game was an Alpha. However, this is supposed to be version 1.0 and version 1.0 is a disaster. Not a good buy, dont waste your money.
  78. Dec 18, 2012
    Followed this game closely once it was announced, and eagerly bought into the "alpha" program. It was fun at first, mainly because I had never played anything like this. Then the terrible forum moderators prevented any form of criticism on the game by banning individuals with new suggestions. Heck, I logged into the forums from work on my laptop and a mod gave me hell because I was usingFollowed this game closely once it was announced, and eagerly bought into the "alpha" program. It was fun at first, mainly because I had never played anything like this. Then the terrible forum moderators prevented any form of criticism on the game by banning individuals with new suggestions. Heck, I logged into the forums from work on my laptop and a mod gave me hell because I was using different IP addresses, give me a break. "New anti-hack" methods were nothing but bait items scattered around the map that innocent players CAN pick up and therefore be banned with. Devs handing out EXCLUSIVE items to friends on LIVE servers. The lack of any form of professionalism is staggering. I really thought it had hit a low point, but then last night the steam page came up with the biggest amount of misinformation I had seen in quite some time.

Don't get me wrong, the game had tons of promise, but it wasn't in production for 2 years. It copied League of Legends EULA (professionalism much?). The direction of the game is to make as many money making schemes as they can and insert them into the game (pay for clan support? Faster respawn?) is becoming more and more obvious. Save your hard earned money and spend it on a quality indie game. Not something that claims to be a finished product when it is clearly still alpha quality.
  79. Jul 19, 2013
    Summary: (Formerly known as "The War Z") It has been 5 months since the release of this "game", giving rise to a post-apocalyptic nightmare with 95% of the human race wiped out. To survive, you'll require a new hard drive partition, a new brain partition, and a lot of vodka. Some of you will go insane as you negotiate the uninstallation menus, others will be forced to fight for survival asSummary: (Formerly known as "The War Z") It has been 5 months since the release of this "game", giving rise to a post-apocalyptic nightmare with 95% of the human race wiped out. To survive, you'll require a new hard drive partition, a new brain partition, and a lot of vodka. Some of you will go insane as you negotiate the uninstallation menus, others will be forced to fight for survival as they encounter punkbuster bans and other players. Every decision has an effect on whether you live or how quickly you meet your death. Expand
  80. Dec 18, 2012
    A much better game then its reputation. Dont belive all the scam lies about this game.

Have had some of my more intense ingame moments in this game. Its a thrill.
  81. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is terrible. They advertise one thing, but what you get is something else. It is a game made out of lies by the developers. It is a poor mod of War INC. Do NOT buy this game. It is nothing more than a hasty put together, with new skins and a new map. Basically WAR INC with zombies. Just to ride the hype of DayZ and earn a quick buck. The developers lie to you, and what they haveThis game is terrible. They advertise one thing, but what you get is something else. It is a game made out of lies by the developers. It is a poor mod of War INC. Do NOT buy this game. It is nothing more than a hasty put together, with new skins and a new map. Basically WAR INC with zombies. Just to ride the hype of DayZ and earn a quick buck. The developers lie to you, and what they have promised you will get in the game. Will never happen. Stay away from WarZ Expand
  82. Dec 18, 2012
    Been playing this game since Oct. 16th (couldn't get it to run on the 15th).

I've never played DayZ, but i had heard of it from time to time. Basically, this game feels like a money grab, they skipped through alpha & beta to release on steam, the only thing that really updates in the game is the map, everything else is static, or ported directly from War Inc. (clans exactly same as
    Been playing this game since Oct. 16th (couldn't get it to run on the 15th).

I've never played DayZ, but i had heard of it from time to time.

Basically, this game feels like a money grab, they skipped through alpha & beta to release on steam, the only thing that really updates in the game is the map, everything else is static, or ported directly from War Inc. (clans exactly same as in War Inc, and I am assuming friends/skills will be same as well)

It is impossible to get refunds from these people, XSOLLA, their initial payment system, says to contact WarZ Support, WarZ Support says they don't handle refunds and to contact XSOLLA (who have disappeared, oddly enough (and they say they are in Russia and US consumer laws don't apply to them).
    Bottom Line:
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!!
  83. Dec 29, 2012
    Worst game ever in the history of games. Worst game developers that have ever existed. The developers need to learn how to respect the customers and stop being arrogant losers. I read a couple interviews with the main dev guy Sergei something and he was the biggest douche ever. I am shocked that this game still exists. This game should be banned from ever coming into existence and theWorst game ever in the history of games. Worst game developers that have ever existed. The developers need to learn how to respect the customers and stop being arrogant losers. I read a couple interviews with the main dev guy Sergei something and he was the biggest douche ever. I am shocked that this game still exists. This game should be banned from ever coming into existence and the developers should learn how to respect the paying customer. I am appalled and never will buy this garbage game after seeing my room mate boot it up for the first time. What a piece of crap. Expand
  84. Dec 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. No point in reviewing this. The videos speak for themselves see youtube. Don't Buy It! Since I have to make it 150 characters. Don't be the girl that wanders into the house and explores because she was told there was a monster inside. Let me just say that there is no reason for this thing to be out in the wild other than for an executive to make some sort of bonus. Expand
  85. Dec 18, 2012
    This game begins with a good idea, and ends with utter disappointment.

I was a big fan, but can't stand the constant cheating (Google search it) and the developers inability to do anything about it.

For anyone that has purchased the game - go download War Inc. for free and compare. It's the same game with different models. You just paid for a mod of a FREE game.
  86. Dec 18, 2012
    The idea of the game is good. But overall, With the current developers this game is doomed. They do nothing but create more ways for them to make money. They have a HUGE hacking problem and they fail to address us about it. Every time ANY criticizes them they ban their account. This company needs to stand trial for what they have done. They false advertised the game for what it will neverThe idea of the game is good. But overall, With the current developers this game is doomed. They do nothing but create more ways for them to make money. They have a HUGE hacking problem and they fail to address us about it. Every time ANY criticizes them they ban their account. This company needs to stand trial for what they have done. They false advertised the game for what it will never be. NOTHING BUT A BIG SCAM. To all who have bought into this, stop playing.. Expand
  87. Dec 18, 2012
    Haven't purchased the game yet, but I went to browse to their official forums to try and achieve my own opinion on the game since there seems to be a massive influx of negative press lately. Upon clicking on a random thread under General (this was the third topic I was about to view; had only been on the forum for 5 minutes), I received a redirect to a page with a message informing me IHaven't purchased the game yet, but I went to browse to their official forums to try and achieve my own opinion on the game since there seems to be a massive influx of negative press lately. Upon clicking on a random thread under General (this was the third topic I was about to view; had only been on the forum for 5 minutes), I received a redirect to a page with a message informing me I was IP banned.

This certainly helped me form an opinion of the product, and helps to solidify my view on all the claims of people being unjustly banned, threatened with bans, et cetera. It is hard for me to give this product anything higher than a 0 if I was banned within 5 minutes of just browsing their forums. Damage control at its worst.
  88. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is terrible, I feel bad for funding them by purchasing this game. The dev's are liars and misrepresented the game on steam, it has few of they key features it detailed that it has. The game itself has far too many bugs in it, a ridiculous amount of hacker and a system where as you can buy in game items with real life money! In a game made to be about survival, you can buy keyThis game is terrible, I feel bad for funding them by purchasing this game. The dev's are liars and misrepresented the game on steam, it has few of they key features it detailed that it has. The game itself has far too many bugs in it, a ridiculous amount of hacker and a system where as you can buy in game items with real life money! In a game made to be about survival, you can buy key items with your own money just too fed the developers greed. But most importantly isn't any fun. Just overly boring. I would recommend people stay well away from this garbage, cash and grab, unfinished game. Expand
  89. Dec 18, 2012
    I normally don't write reviews but after reading some of those reviews I had to put in my two cents.

First, notice that all those negative comments are saying "Day Z is better!" That may be true but this is not day z and you shouldn't hate it because some game similar to it is better. Rate games on how good it is, not how good its competition is. Graphically it is not spectacular.

Graphically it is not spectacular. It looks like it should be made 5 years ago graphics wise. Its not all bad though. I see things and can instantly recognize them. Graphics are not important to me much and so it is not weighted much in my over all rating

Game play is fantastic. It is a zombie survival horror game. The game play is exactly what you expect. You start off some some food, drink, medicine, and a low tier weapon. Than you proceed to scavenge for more of everything. Save crap in your global inventory and be happy. Yes they have an item mall but you can only buy what you can find normally, you can find currency in game, and its not smart to spend real money because the second you die you lose all your gear.

Sound is pretty good. I don't much care for sound in any game but this game its so so. You do make sound when you walk on other surfaces, gun shots are unmistakable (it even makes that ricochet sound when a bullet hits a rock close by you). There isn't really any music but there is mood setting sounds occasionally. I guess its what you expect; from a zombie survival horror.

Story is non existent. This is not bad though, in fact this is good. Its what makes this game special. Its a sandbox type of game similar to Mount and Blade. You forge your own path and do what you want.

Over all I give this game an 8 out of 10. it is REALLY fun and will play it a lot. (played it 10 hours nonstop on launch day). However, it can improve a lot, and according to the developers. My mid 2013 it will have a lot better about it (they list what they want to add and when they expect to do it).

And on top of all of this the game is only $15. When compared to a normal $60 game this is a great deal! Go buy it before they do take it out of beta and jump that price up to $60.
  90. Dec 18, 2012
    Great idea for a game. You take the zombie survival of the Arma II mod: DayZ, and you turn it into an MMO, where you can fight other players and scavenge for loot. However, the development angers its impatient fans, for their slow development, lack of informing the community of changes, and failing to deliver certain promises. Many players argue that it is only in beta, but the developersGreat idea for a game. You take the zombie survival of the Arma II mod: DayZ, and you turn it into an MMO, where you can fight other players and scavenge for loot. However, the development angers its impatient fans, for their slow development, lack of informing the community of changes, and failing to deliver certain promises. Many players argue that it is only in beta, but the developers fail to give out enough testing. Instead they test the gameplay themselves without using feedback from the community. Great idea and concept, but poor execution. I would buy this game while it's cheap, because of its potential. Expand
  91. Dec 18, 2012
    Trash game is trash. I feel sorry for anyone else that has paid for this game. I'm doing all I can for a refund. I have felt robbed since day one. I have learned from my mistakes.
  92. Dec 22, 2012
    I saw someone on Twitch.tv playing this, being a fan of Dayz I thought it looked interesting. Paid the whopping 25 bucks to join, after downloading it (which was fast, it wasn't on Steam yet I was pleased). I began to play. To start off, the game doesn't really help you much, and by much, I mean the first time I died (45 seconds into spawning in a forest someone shot me) I sat there forI saw someone on Twitch.tv playing this, being a fan of Dayz I thought it looked interesting. Paid the whopping 25 bucks to join, after downloading it (which was fast, it wasn't on Steam yet I was pleased). I began to play. To start off, the game doesn't really help you much, and by much, I mean the first time I died (45 seconds into spawning in a forest someone shot me) I sat there for minutes trying to find out how exactly to create another character. Frustrated, I tried again. Again, I was killed no more than a minute after spawning. Someone in chat said there was a 'hacker', I sighed to myself and found another server. After finding one that didn't have hackers on it (which was four) I got to actually PLAY the game. The textures are lackluster, the polygon shaped terrain is from 2003. I'm not joking, go look at Wolfenstein:Enemy Territory and compare, you'll be shocked. Yet the game takes as much processing power as Battlefield 3 for me, shoddy design. I waved the game off as a Dayz clone when I heard of it, and I wasn't too far off. Instead of attempting something new, they are taking the Dayz model and Charging you for it. Not to mention they stole artistic property from a certain popular Zombie series currently on the air. (http://www.complex.com/video-games/2012/12/the-war-z-devs-stole-images-from-the-walking-dead-others) As for the gameplay, the zombies will see you from far away, but if you get behind something IE a counter that they can't find a path through they will completely forget you and walk away. For a game that wanted to immerse you, it doesn't do a very good job at it. They are very few buildings you can actually enter. As for good points, the Gun play was average, it was more than likely the best part of the game, which is sad because, good luck finding a gun before you die. Please don't make a mistake like I did, SAVE YOUR MONEY. Expand
  93. May 30, 2013
    Going to the website of this game makes the game look amazing. But it's all a lie, none of the screenshots shown are actually of the game, the game actually looks terrible, with awkward character movements and glitchy zombies, this game has nothing good going on.

You start the game with a flashlight and some chips and stuff, so a basic melee weapon and energy/food, seems like a good start. But after you get killed by the spawn camper you have to wait hours to re-spawn. And then you don't get your flashlight and chips, you start with nothing.

So after the first few rounds of starting with nothing and then getting killed by campers or hackers, (most of the time you don't even get killed by zombies) you get really bored and really mad and quit the game.

Pros and Cons:

Pros:
    1: The occasional thrill of sneaking past zombies and actually finding something (but it is always ruined by someone who comes in out of nowhere and kills you)
    2: Uninstalling the game, that's the best part.

Cons:
    1: Glitchy zombies
    2: Suddenly getting killed by walking off of a rock less than a foot off the ground
    3: False advertizing.
    4: invisible walls
    5: 3 different zombie skins.
    6: "customizing" your character isn't customizing when you have 4 options to choose from

That's all I have time for, because it would take weeks to write down all the problems with this game.

I definitely wouldn't recommend this game to anyone.
  94. ref
    Dec 18, 2012
    Absolutely sickening. I had the displeasure of getting a guest pass a week or two ago to try this title, and within 10 minutes I had enough. Hammerpoint Studio lead Sergey Titov is notorious for helping design some of the worst games ever received (Big Rigs: Over the Road) and War Z is no exception. All this company and him want is money, and they are trying to cash in on the success ofAbsolutely sickening. I had the displeasure of getting a guest pass a week or two ago to try this title, and within 10 minutes I had enough. Hammerpoint Studio lead Sergey Titov is notorious for helping design some of the worst games ever received (Big Rigs: Over the Road) and War Z is no exception. All this company and him want is money, and they are trying to cash in on the success of Day Z.

Visuals are dreadful, and the optimization rivals such polished titles as GTA IV for PC. Sound is terrible.

Gameplay is 100% completely identical to Day Z, however, it's done MUCH worse (and keep in mind, Day Z is in ALPHA). To also try and make more money, they added in a cash shop, which most people know DOES NOT BELONG IN A GAME LIKE THIS.

The company randomly bans people (mostly users with high game time, as they think it will make them buy the game again), hesitant to offer refunds (luckily, since I never owned the game, I never had to go through this), blatantly lies, bans people criticizing the game. They are shady, and I wouldn't trust them with my money. The company is shady, unprofessional (Sergey Titov can barely speak english), and the game is also a rushed, unpolished abomination that they are trying to sell now in these stages as they know when any professional reviewer plays this load of turd, it will be panned, AS IT SHOULD.
  95. Dec 19, 2012
    Flat out did not do anything it promised and is now begging for more and more micro-transactions to deliver even a rudimentary enjoyable experience.

Waste of £10, especially since they won't even issue a refund, despite it breaking UK laws on sale of digital goods and advertising standards.
  96. Dec 18, 2012
    I loved the game before the 12/14/2012 patch.
    pvp is really the only fun thing about this game. zombies are way too easy to kill and they're just annoying to deal with.
    pvp and looting other players corpses is a lot of fun to me. you get an adrenaline rush after player kills because others can watch you in third person mode and wait for you to run by then kill you. It gives you a lot of
    I loved the game before the 12/14/2012 patch.
    pvp and looting other players corpses is a lot of fun to me.
    you get an adrenaline rush after player kills because others can watch you in third person mode and wait for you to run by then kill you. It gives you a lot of paranoia in populated areas of the map :)

coming from a veteran fps player, this game is a very refreshing fps experience that no fps title in the past 10 years has given me.
  97. Dec 18, 2012
    The game had potential and a team that seemed to care about their community. At first. Then they showed their true colors and showed they only care about their own greed. Pay to revive instead of waiting 4 hours, pay if you have a big clan and you can also pay for food! Then they rushed to release on steam under the false pretense of this being a "Foundation release". In no way, shape orThe game had potential and a team that seemed to care about their community. At first. Then they showed their true colors and showed they only care about their own greed. Pay to revive instead of waiting 4 hours, pay if you have a big clan and you can also pay for food! Then they rushed to release on steam under the false pretense of this being a "Foundation release". In no way, shape or form can this be classed as any release. Even the blind fan boys and fan girls call this beta. Sergey Titov, you and your community/forum moderators are slowly, no quickly destroying destroying this game by getting rid of anyone who posts suggestions that may be negative towards your game. I gave the game 2 out of 10 because it has potential to not derail itself but land back firmly on its tracks. Though with all these shambles you keep making, I believe you may have no idea how to fix this. In my opinion, this is a huge shame as I enjoyed the promises you gave us but if I am truly honest, I have lost all faith that you will deliver on half of them, let alone all.

P.S this is coming from someone who wasn't that impressed by Day Z. Before anyone claims I am a Day Z fan boy.
  98. Dec 18, 2012
    this game is a lie, it is a pay to play game that wouldn't even serve the people who payed with the kinds of features this game would need to pull some enjoyment out of it. Do not buy this game. The world is huge, yes, but it is mostly empty uninteresting space that you will have to tediously traverse. there is one map, there are supposed to be missions created by the players but i haven'tthis game is a lie, it is a pay to play game that wouldn't even serve the people who payed with the kinds of features this game would need to pull some enjoyment out of it. Do not buy this game. The world is huge, yes, but it is mostly empty uninteresting space that you will have to tediously traverse. there is one map, there are supposed to be missions created by the players but i haven't seen anyone use this because the majority of your time and energy spent in this game will be spent avoiding other players because the game is balanced so that it is advantageous to spawn kill noobs as they leave the base and there are no protections for new players as they first venture out of the safe zone. this game is poorly balanced, poorly designed, does not include most of the features it says it will include, and would be pay to win if you could win, ever. Oh and did i mention that even off of hardcore mode you lose all of your items when you die and have to wait an hour to respawn. if that doesn't dissuade you then you and this game deserve each other. i promise you wouldn't enjoy it anyways. Expand
  99. Dec 18, 2012
    Well, I bought this game some months ago, as an alternative to DayZ since my friend could not play it, and I will admit, it was fun for a great while, and i managed to cope with the sporadic changes in everything they felt was needed. (not to mention the dev team is the single absolute worst team i have ever had any form of contact with, not to mention incredibly unprofessional) Then, cameWell, I bought this game some months ago, as an alternative to DayZ since my friend could not play it, and I will admit, it was fun for a great while, and i managed to cope with the sporadic changes in everything they felt was needed. (not to mention the dev team is the single absolute worst team i have ever had any form of contact with, not to mention incredibly unprofessional) Then, came the "release" of the game on Steam, naturally it comes with publicity and the general public was not the clingy, well known fanbase they possessed at an earlier date, so upon receiving criticism the updates got a little more out of hand. Which cause the almost constant neglect of their patrons to become quite a problem, and would mask completely out of the blue updates with that the community asked. Then the consistent micro-managing came along, as if the marketplace wasn't enough of a foreign element, they quadrupled the spawn time, simply to make another quick buck (mind you, hacking, cheating and common game breaking glitches have been in since the release) so they wait until the last minute when they are cornered by unfunded review makers to changed what the community has been asking for the entire lifespan of this game now. And if this list and many more things were not ruining the game already, They have LOWERED the standard price of the game $10 and RAISED the reward of paying $25 for people after the "release." If it were not for the fact I actually have a decent account going for some months now, I wouldn't bother with this release at all. Save your money for something different. Expand
  100. Dec 18, 2012
    this game is crappy, it is really a huge scam
    dont buy it, just wait for the dayz standalone, like i am even tho i never played the actual mod
    if arma 2 co will be on sale i will get it just for the mod
  101. Dec 18, 2012

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.