6.5

1. Apr 7, 2015
    I've kept watch on the game's development since the day they announced. I've also taken part in both stages of beta (getting into the game during the very second week of closed beta; this was May 2013) and what I've seen over the years has been a series of ups and downs.

First, the ups. The concept is absolutely amazing and fresh. I can't think of any other time that superheroes were adapted into a MOBA, and DC Comics is just *rife* with characters to adapt into the game, along with their Elseworlds counterparts. You can play as the classic Batman, but how about a steampunk Batman that uses sound-based pistols? Or a vampire Batman as seen in Red Rain? There's also the fresh concept of having the game based around a two-lane map, which makes for different variations of play for a five-man team instead of using the same old formula that's been done again and again with a three-lane map. Oh, don't get me wrong, there is a three-lane map, but the general consensus has been that using a three-lane map is a tired concept from Defense of the Ancients 2 (Dota 2) and League of Legends. The champion kits are uniquely designed so that you can see the style of each hero or villain as you play them.

Now come the downs. There are several bugs with the in-game audio. On the main map, there comes a point where one of the major objectives activates which fails to clear the sound muffling after it happens. Further matches stacks the muffling until the audio cuts out altogether. Fortunately, this kind of issue only happens when you play match after match after match on the same map (Coast City Marina), and it can be cleared by restarting the client. The community has some rude people that have something to prove, and their rude behavior doesn't help their cause at all. These same kind of people are the same kind found in League of Legends who are trigger-happy in reporting people for "intentionally" feeding the other team instead of working with them.

Despite the bugs and already signs of a toxic portion of the community, the game did just release on Steam, so Turbine does have kinks to work out and more champions to add. Until then, the game's incredibly fun to play and is a far cry better than Marvel's Diablo-like MMORPG (where you can have fifty Hulks in a team instead of making a unique hero of your own).
  2. Apr 2, 2015
    It's not as good as it could be. Graphic is great, soundtrack is a bit worse but not bad. The most important thing is gameplay. What can I say about it? Well... Champions skills are boring, I saw them in other games 1000 times. Heroes concepts are good (you can play Batman/Superman) but that's all. IC have got quite interesting game modes. I can't say that they I enjoyed them so much butIt's not as good as it could be. Graphic is great, soundtrack is a bit worse but not bad. The most important thing is gameplay. What can I say about it? Well... Champions skills are boring, I saw them in other games 1000 times. Heroes concepts are good (you can play Batman/Superman) but that's all. IC have got quite interesting game modes. I can't say that they I enjoyed them so much but they aren't. Maybe in the future Infinite Crisis will be amazing game. Best wishes for developers! Expand
  3. Mar 31, 2015
    To add to the last review, which ran out of space, in addition to the sound glitches 2/3 maps are currently unavailable to que into. So you can only access 1/3 of the game, and even that 1/3 has it's glitches. But in searching for reviews I did find multiple websites that offer free champions with skins, currently there was autumn ivy, sinestro and the joker, all require email verificationTo add to the last review, which ran out of space, in addition to the sound glitches 2/3 maps are currently unavailable to que into. So you can only access 1/3 of the game, and even that 1/3 has it's glitches. But in searching for reviews I did find multiple websites that offer free champions with skins, currently there was autumn ivy, sinestro and the joker, all require email verification to the sites, but include the champion and skin. Expand
  4. May 1, 2015
    I've played a few moba's over the years and never really got into the genre too much, Dota2, LoL and one other I don't even remember, for the first time I found a moba that kept my interest and I'm not even a comic book fanboy, I was never introduced to that as a kid, so now here I am 32 years old with kids and I see this game was just released on steam, my initial reaction was eh anotherI've played a few moba's over the years and never really got into the genre too much, Dota2, LoL and one other I don't even remember, for the first time I found a moba that kept my interest and I'm not even a comic book fanboy, I was never introduced to that as a kid, so now here I am 32 years old with kids and I see this game was just released on steam, my initial reaction was eh another moba I bet will bore the pants off of me, boy was I mistaken, the champions are engaging and interesting, each is different from the other, each champion you get to lvl 5 unlocks their special power which then can be used on any champion, these powers range from traps, cameras, meteor strikes, slowing effects etc... there's your normal moba stuff with special things to kill like raiders and doomsday bot which if your team kills lets you pick a doomsday device which can be used to devastate the enemy team's players or a tower, the doomsday device can also lead to some great fights between the teams, but again this is stuff most moba's have, for me what makes a difference is the Champs, it's fun to run around as superman or the recently released Lex Luthor. I don't feel like any one character feels like another, some may take more work to get used to but they are all fun to play, I can't say there's one out of the 30+ champs they have that I would never play.

The voice actors are great also, Kelly Hu does katana, Nolan North does some, Adam Baldwin does GL, and the banter between champs can be pretty amusing also, they will say friendly things and other times they will rip on each other some, it's really pretty funny and just adds a little more to the game imo. All Champs can be unlocked through ingame currency and yes doing it that way will take some time but that is the price of most free games or you can buy crisis coins to unlock them, costumes can be bought with crisis coins which generally is something you would have to buy, you get daily rewards and you can see what rewards are coming up over the next few days if you log in each day, even if you don't actually play a game you can still get your daily reward, those rewards are generally merit but after about 7 or so days of logging in continuously you get 50 crisis coins and 250 merit.

Then there's the mods and augs which you can use to make specific kits for Champs which boost things like power damage, attack damage, penetration, CDR etc....

Right now it's mostly just one map that's open for random ques but you can create custom teams for the other two maps, most of us believe the reason they haven't just opened them fully yet is due to que times but in time I expect they will open too for random ques. Speaking of que times, I haven't had any issues with that either, maybe a few mins for a pvp game, ai games maybe 30 sec's to a min.

There's games you can play against AI for practice or learning a new Champ or just because you don't feel like putting in much effort, unfortunately there's no difficutly level for the AI games so you will face some pretty dense AI champs but the games isn't about fighting AI it's about pvp, ah good old pvp, well ranked pvp will be out very soon but until then you can just play regular pvp matches, they say the 8th of May for ranked. Now you might ask how often do they release new content, good question, while I've only been playing since the steam release so far it's looks like a new champ every month and a few new costumes each month, they have weekly sales on Champs and costumes, as well as a weekly rotation of free Champs you can check out.

Yes there are a few glitches but nothing game breaking and nothing they aren't working on fixing, the people that make and develop this game are clearly passionate about it, they had a 12 hour live stream to mark the release on steam and that was pretty cool to watch on Twitch. Like many mainstream moba's they have tourney's and e-sports etc...

Best part is you can try the game for free, just if you are going to write a review at least give the game a fair shot first, and to those that will say it's just a rip off of dota2 or LoL well no kidding an moba that is somewhat like another moba what a surprise lol, but there's enough that set's it apart for me and is keeping my interest, it's already become my most played game in steam if that's says anything and I have close to 180 games on my steam account.

Give it a shot, even if you don't really like moba's too much you may be surprised.
  5. May 4, 2015
    I've tried Lol, didn't like it, I've tried Dota 2, couldn't get into it. Recently I have tried playing Infinite Crisis and I love it, It's easier to grasp than Dota and I just love DC heroes and villains in general. it's a really fun game.
  6. May 3, 2015
    This is coming from a DC fan.
    This game is a really nice experience. It feels different from other games of this genre like Dota 2 and LoL. Each champion or whatever they're called has their own unique play styles, advantages, and disadvantages. Not really much to say though. If you like MOBAs, give it a shot. If you like DC, give it a shot. Simple as that.
    Beware bugs though.

1. Apr 29, 2015
    I like Infinite Crisis, especially Coast City, but I just wish there were an easier way to play more of it.
  2. Apr 29, 2015
    Play it for its novel ideas, not because you love Batman. Dwindling player numbers are a cause for concern.
  3. Apr 28, 2015
    Infinite Crisis is polished, snappy and a well-designed MOBA, all things considered. But its mechanics don’t address the long-standing issues with the genre in a meaningful way, or do they do much to set the game apart from its competitors. As a MOBA title where you can play Shazam, Infinite Crisis is your bet. As a mechanical differentiator from League of Legends, it suffers a little from Me Too Syndrome.