7.7

1. Oct 13, 2014
    I'll try to break this review down into key, integral parts of what my rating is based on:

First off, the community of Infinity Wars is something that leaves your jaw agape and the idiom of 'this is too good to be true' running through your mind. The players of this game actually want to see you succeed, want to help you grow as a player and often are extremely charitable. This kind of behaviour and attitude toward new players and experienced players alike is something I've never (and I do mean never) have seen in any online game. The environment alone is one of ripe discussion, debate (but not argumentative) and generally optimistic in nature. Really -- this isn't to be under-exaggerated. Major bonus points for the welcoming, helpful environment.

As a new player to any card game in existence since the first edition of Pokemon those many years ago (and really, I was just collecting the cards), I had sub-par knowledge and understanding of the mechanics of this genre of game. However, in tandem with the community and the extremely helpful tutorials given to you the moment you log in, I've managed to grasp the mechanics, understand the concepts and put them into practice. At around three weeks into the game, I'm able to be a competitor with the players upon the top of the global rankings. The learning curve isn't as steep as it first appears to be, considering that the introduction of 'bluff' mechanics in the game adds an entirely unprecedented level of strategic depth into its gameplay, and can appear rather convoluted at first glance; however, it's not as complex and daunting as one might think, and you can pick up these key concepts rather quickly with how the academy (tutorial) is structured.

The factions are anything but static, and have their own unique quirks/perks, your ability to customize your deck is far from limited. This adds immense replayability to the game, be it constructed or draft play.

The only reason I have had to dock marks from this game is the seemingly early release status it is in at the moment. While the game is fully functioning, presentable in a good fashion, you can find subtle inconsistencies in card text and ability's functionality when combined with other abilities -- but these things -- I imagine -- are for balance reasons, and I wouldn't complain about a few inconsistencies when it comes to balance. At the moment, there are a few underpowered factions and bias placed upon few metas, but I'm positive we will see that Lightmare has listened to the community (via their wonderful council) and are going to fix these issues with the upcoming releases.

For Lightmare being a company of a handful of employees, and so early in its life, I'm flabbergasted at the quality product they have created. This game easily rivals big-name companies, and at a fraction of the size. This shows dedication and deserves to be admired. They have learned quickly from trial by fire, and it's certainly paying off.

I recommend this game to any avid strategy gamer, it would be a shame if you didn't at least try it. I'm sure you will not be disappointed.

Thank you Lightmare for your dedication to your game, your community and most of all, thank you for showing us your fiery passion to make one of the most innovative online TCGs out there. You're certainly not failing in that task.
  2. Oct 25, 2014
    The best TCG I have played , in all I have tried both in RL and Cyberspace, you owe it to yourself to atleast check it out!! You are not required to spend any money, although it is an option, which is nice!
  3. Oct 26, 2014
    This game provides hours of entertainment, tons of strategies and tons of out right "bluff" your opponent game play. The art is great the mechanics are simple enough, the girls are pretty. Check it out if you want something new to put your mind to.
  4. Nov 6, 2014
    The actual game play is very, very good, the trading works well and the community is the best I've ever seen. However, the amount of bugs and the amount of time it takes for them to get fixed, really hurts the game.

Besides the frequent endless turn disconnect bugs, which are likely to get fixed before 2015, the game has quite a couple of bugs that result in unfair or even unplayable games. Not only does the game have some problematic flaws in it's UI and game design, leaving you or the opponent with unfair advantages / disadvantages, it also has quite a few bugged cards, often leading to frozen screens or fake characters on the board. This results in various cards and factions losing out on a ton of power or even renders them unplayable.

I can understand the development team being very small and very busy, but at the moment there's no way to tell if a certain bug is already found or getting fixed. Neither can you tell when or if these bug fixes are ever gonna hit the live servers.

I admire the fact that the development team is very close with it's player base and is actively communicating on the forums, in game or even on twitch, although I don't think it's working out very well. I rather see them responding to actual support tickets or keeping the community up to date with more frequent forum posts about upcoming changes or bug fixes. I mean, I don't mind sending 10 tickets a week, like I used to do, but the fact that I have no idea what or when things are likely to get changed, holds me and other players off from sending in those tickets. And I know for a fact that if a bug doesn't get reported by anyone anymore, it's very unlikely to get fixed any time soon.

I do understand very well that they have to release new content in order to keep the game running, but at the moment I rather see them getting their hands on fixing the game first and focusing on a way to improve their communication to the players. Because the communication through chat and on the current forums is all fine and fun, but often only results in arguments between frustrated developers and still clueless players.
  5. Jan 12, 2015
    I didn't like this game that much. There's no strategy really. If you get the cards you win if not you lose. It's like all the rest. Listen to the fanboys if you want to. Everybody having the same cards and pretty soon everybody will be playing the same decks. There's quite a few cards that aren't balanced too. If a player gets those cards you're doomed. It's ok I guess for a kiddy kidI didn't like this game that much. There's no strategy really. If you get the cards you win if not you lose. It's like all the rest. Listen to the fanboys if you want to. Everybody having the same cards and pretty soon everybody will be playing the same decks. There's quite a few cards that aren't balanced too. If a player gets those cards you're doomed. It's ok I guess for a kiddy kid fest but not for adults who really understand what a strategy game is. Expand
  6. Oct 2, 2014
    In my personal oppinion, this CCG is as perfect as it might be:
    It is very well developed, bug-free (as far as im aware), contains little randomness and luck and succeeds in combining simple game mechanics with great depth and complexity.
    In my personal oppinion, this CCG is as perfect as it might be:

Additionaly, there is a very active (multiplayer) community, the game is permanently improved, rewards are generous, the devs are really nice and listen to their customers and the player base is friendly and helpful.

The only downside, in my personal oppinion, is the atmosphere. The graphics are a bit clunky, and as a fantasy-enthusiast, the cyberpunk-setting isnt according to my taste.

Still, from all the card game i have ever played, all popular ones and more, this is my personal favourite!
  7. Sep 11, 2014
    Simply the best TCG out there !!!
    Unfortunately it has not as big playerbase as Hearthstone does, but its better in every way...
    Just try it and you will see...
    This game really deserves more players and attention...
  8. Oct 25, 2014
    I have played this game since late 2013, and I have watched to slowly evolve into one of the most strategic online TCGs in existence. I cannot recommend this game strongly enough. If you want the most strategic and fair online TGC that really embraces its purely online advantage, then pick up this game.

The best aspect of IW is the simultaneous turn system. Each turn generally does

The best aspect of IW is the simultaneous turn system. Each turn generally does *NOT* have a "best play" option, but rather multiple flexible choices that depend on how you predict your opponent will act. Games can be won or lost based on your ability to figure out your opponent's plays and plan accordingly. This adds an extreme level of skill cap to a game genre notorious for "meta decks" being simple and sure-wins.

The company is true to the FTP model experience: everything could potentially be obtained for free if you are lucky, and I personally have opened random free packs or daily rewards with Legendaries.

By having a mixture of tradable and nontradable rewards, the game's economy is not affected by bot-accounts while still providing new players a huge list of playable cards for every faction.

Lastly, the player community is one of the best, low-toxicity groups of people I have ever seen in any online game. Feel free to add "Swiftwynd" to your friends list and send me a message in game if you need any advice!
  9. Oct 26, 2014
    To give a little perspective on my opinion, here's a quick brief on me. I come from a game design background, having gone to an art school for it. I played TCGs heavily for a period and followed competitive play of friends, which led to a big interest of card game R&D. I also had a half decade of national-level competitive fighting game play that defined my love for the mental aspect ofTo give a little perspective on my opinion, here's a quick brief on me. I come from a game design background, having gone to an art school for it. I played TCGs heavily for a period and followed competitive play of friends, which led to a big interest of card game R&D. I also had a half decade of national-level competitive fighting game play that defined my love for the mental aspect of any competitive game.

With those things in mind, I love games that introduce new concepts into a genre and take great care in implementing them well. To my great pleasure, this is exactly what Infinity Wars has accomplished.

Taking full advantage of the digital format of the game, Infinity Wars has incorporated a few huge advantages over the average card game:
    1. Simultaneous turns.
    2. Deck commanders.
    3. Animated card art.
    4. A non-exploitative Free-To-Play business model.

-1-
    Simultaneous turns is my personal favorite addition into the genre that really makes a massive change in the dynamics of a turn. It serves two major purposes. First, it reduces down time while waiting for your opponent to play through their turn, which keeps both players a lot more active while playing and speeds up games to a degree. Second, it enforces a major element of prediction over reaction. What your opponent may play and how you want to play spells or move/rearrange your creatures is always an important part of the flow of battle and ultimately who wins. In addition, there is an initiative that swaps between players each turn that allows one player's spells and attacks to resolve first. Simply put, this one feature puts Infinity Wars on a completely new level compared to all other card games, and I absolutely love it.

-2-
    Commanders also serve two important purposes. First, the faction of each commander determines what cards you're able to place within that deck. Having 3 different factions in command gives you a lot of options, whereas three of the same faction gives you access to all tiers of cards within that faction. Second, the commanders are simply extra playable cards from the same list of cards you would build the deck from, yet they exist outside of the limitations of the deck. For example, setting up a deck with commanders that cost 1, 2, and 4 cost cards, when you know your deck has a majority of 3 cost cards gives you a huge advantage in the reliability of your first few turns. It would allow you to simply play your command creatures if you didn't have anything better in your hand, helping to you overcome the inherent randomness of card games. Command creatures also count as being in play, allowing you to use character abilities from the command zone, yet also being slightly at risk to creature removal in the process. Interestingly, the command setup often broadcasts what to expect from the opponent, so that both players understand what they're roughly up against. It's simply a wonderful concept all around.

-3-
    A major marketing point for the game itself is the animated card art. Now, having come from an art school, I can tell you that a lot of the early card animations were very rough. Flash-esque element manipulation, simple things like colors glowing in and out, etc. With each consecutive set, though, the quality of art and animation has simply skyrocketed. The next set's card previews left me in awe and craving more. And despite a tremendous amount of time and effort going into each card's art, they don't skimp on the amount of content that each set delivers. That, to me, is truly impressive, especially considering the they're such a small team.

-4-
    And finally we reach their business model. Now, I have to admit I really dislike what the free to play model has become in the current gaming climate. It often encourages a lot of exploitation of the player, detracting from their fun as much as possible without actively pushing away players, in order to influence addictive spending. Much to my relief, Lightmare has not only eliminated the biggest pitfalls of free to play design (the pay-to-win stuff), but also actively rewards free players by allowing cards purchased with the in-game currency to be tradeable with others. They also have a rudimentary master and apprentice system that rewards both players with free cards for playing together. It even incorporates a very rewarding draft mode that allows players who manage good runs to get high rarity free cards and even potentially receive their whole draft deck for free.

The only reason the game doesn't receive a 10/10 is that the game is still fairly new, and has a number of planned updates that are absolutely necessary to eliminate a lot of bugs, open it to more playable platforms, and expand on the overall longevity of the game. As those are incorporated, I can confidently say that the game will grow to be be the best possible card game I can imagine.

Thanks for reading along, and I hope you join us all in the wonderful experience it offers.
  10. Oct 25, 2014
    As far as DTCGs go this is the best there is. Combining the best elements of traditional TCGs with things that only can be done playing online. Simultaneous turns adds an element to the strategy and mind games that you just can't get with a traditional card game. I have spent over 500 hours playing this game, and am completely enamored by it. The cards are fully animated. Which I admitAs far as DTCGs go this is the best there is. Combining the best elements of traditional TCGs with things that only can be done playing online. Simultaneous turns adds an element to the strategy and mind games that you just can't get with a traditional card game. I have spent over 500 hours playing this game, and am completely enamored by it. The cards are fully animated. Which I admit sounds like a gimmick at first....until you actually see the art. It is absolutely beautiful. I am still noticing little touches in cards that I never noticed before. On top of everything the developers actually care about your opinion and respond to it. The community (albeit small right now) is very dedicated and the most helpful bunch of people you will find in ANY video game. Infinity Wars allows for deep strategy that has yet to be found in any other DTCG. They may not have the huge budget, but Lightmare sure knows how to make a hell of a game. I recommend this to anyone who likes card games or strategy games. Expand
  11. Oct 25, 2014
    Nothing can compare to this, a real TCG! After trying out several CCG out there, both on phones and computers and having played around with Heart Stone I finally found this!
    The game, the variety, strategy, graphics and foremost the community is great, both the ppl working with the game and the players! It took me one day to switch from 4 months of Heart Stone to go to this and I´ve never looked back :P
  12. Nov 22, 2014
    I have been playing Infinity Wars for the past three months and I have to say it is tactically and strategically the best digital card game I have ever played. While there are still some technical issues that need to be fleshed out, the game itself is so engaging I feel a 9 is more than fair.
  13. Feb 4, 2015
    Garbage pay to win game. Do not waste your time or money on it. Looks bad ( too me ) , borring, grind, pay to win, pathetic comunity managers, developers ignoring all the suggestions etc.
  14. Nov 1, 2014
    I'm gonna be honest in my review for this game. I will do my review in pros and cons highlights.

(Pros) This game has a lot of depth in its match. There are multiple sections to consider where to put your character card, when to cast your ability card, when to pull back or deploy your character card, is it the right timing to assault or defend in this turn and many more consideration.

(Pros)
    This game has a lot of depth in its match. There are multiple sections to consider where to put your character card, when to cast your ability card, when to pull back or deploy your character card, is it the right timing to assault or defend in this turn and many more consideration. This game is about the experience and pro plays of a player to win a match. You can't win a game with epic cards because what matter most in this game is right timing to play any cards in which section during the game.

This game also near to 0 pay to win meta. Yes, you can boost your cards gaining by purchasing packs with real money but you can do that with in game currency too (although it might takes forever to buy a single pack). However, what matter is that any cards in the game can be obtained by free to play players without any lockdown on new release of factions. You can get those new cards at the same time as pay to win players (those that spent real money heavily in purchasing packs). Even the preorders are open to in game currencies!

Besides, you can trade your cards! The community is small yet major part of it is friendly and helpful. Most of them do tracings and you can expand your deck building potential with this feature. There is even a trade guide on card values that is made in the forum. Check it out.

(Cons)
    Let's admit it, the in game menu UI sucks. In other way to put it, the UI is clunky, non-thematic, not interesting and user friendly. I hardly find my time trying to chat with other players I met which I found they we so good during a game. The. UI kills my purpose to chat and adding friends. For many times, I hope the UI is more thematic so it can be more engaging user experience instead of a Windows 7-like interface!

The farming of IP which stands for Infinity Points (in game currency) takes forever. Roughly, to earn a pack 5250 IP (15 cards with at least one rare, having chance for Epic and Legendary) requires a day of farming considering there are wins and loses.

Lack of cards. This game seriously requires more cards for deck to build with for better strategy and counters for opponents. Got to admit, there are few cards that being the only solution for certain plays be it faction or factionless. I'm understood that this game Is in its infancy but I hope this aspect can be improved. There are 420 cards currently in the game which I would say is moderate come to other big titles in the same genre.

No incentive for veteran players beyond lvl50. Enough said, players starting from lvl50 would stop gaining free rewards from leveling. No titles, no freebies, no consolation, no incentives, no bonus, nothing! It's definitely not easy to reach lvl50 and to do that one must dedicated their time a lot and I mean a lot. However, the the game designs nothing for players beyond lvl50 in the first place. Repetitively assured by the developer, that this area will change in coming time, so I'm looking forward it.

Weekends bus and players issue means doomsday. It's really a joke that this company has no one responsible for issues and bug during the weekend! And the excuse is that no one works during weekend, WTH? I know this is a small company with few staffs but what you are offering as an excuse is lame and potentially asking players to stop supporting you guys. I'm kinda shut off when I learnt this from the forum when one player seeking for solution for his encounter with a bug in game.

To sum it up, this game offers a new meta to TCG and big titles out there should learn from it. However, there is a vast improvement can be done to upgrade the state of this game. Get some staffs to work during the weekends! No players want to play a game with no staffs maintaining it, jeez.
  15. Oct 25, 2014
    The game is just a blast. Factions are balanced and the card animations are a mildly entertaining Gimmick. If you're a CCG player, you'll have a blast with this game.

Summary: Game is fun, there's a good number of different rulesets, and the cards/abilities are different from other card games I've played. Pros: --A refreshing challenge for a CCG (collectible card game) vet.

Pros:
    --A refreshing challenge for a CCG (collectible card game) vet.

--Balanced play, a fair system of resource generation that doesn't feel pay-to-win (which is surprising considering most other card games are totally P2W when you think about it).

--Earning points is slow if you're not buying points, but it feels REALLY good to unlock a deck you earned.
    --Varied Game types that aren't locked at any level, but may take time to build up to.
    --Random shuffle programming they use is more random than fricking Magic The Gathering 2014.
    --I loved the mix deck matches when I started because it shuffles both your decks together. So you get to play with their more varied cards and your own (also, it requires more thinking on your feet with the cards you get).

--Constructed deck matches are really interesting too. I suggest looking it up on youtube or try it after you download the game (practice mode).

Cons:
    --Some people quit when they start to lose, but they quit by dodging rather than concedeing. You still get the win and they still get the loss, but you have to wait 1 minute because it treats the quit like a disconnect. Can be annoying.

--It can be frustrating playing ranked matches because people frequently try to bum-rush you with death by speed rather than have a fun / drawn out game. Just prepare yourself to fight for your life in the first 8 turns.

--Finding a late night match tends to pit you against some crazy pros in the game.
  16. Oct 24, 2014
    One of the best TCG, in fact would rate this as the TCG of the year.
    Good depth and strategy, definately more than hearthstone. The only downside is that the UI could be better.
  17. Oct 13, 2014
    This is literally my favorite game on all levels, it took me away from Pokémon instantly after I began. Couldn't believe its advancement in a Trading Card Game, with ANIMATIONS! I love this game (some would even say too much) so much! The game has everything I'd want to have in a card game, and the community is one of the best aspects of the daily [playing] life. The game is one heck of aThis is literally my favorite game on all levels, it took me away from Pokémon instantly after I began. Couldn't believe its advancement in a Trading Card Game, with ANIMATIONS! I love this game (some would even say too much) so much! The game has everything I'd want to have in a card game, and the community is one of the best aspects of the daily [playing] life. The game is one heck of a thing! Who on earth won't love it?!?! Expand
  18. Oct 25, 2014
    In my opinion the best digital TCG out there, and as a bonus it has the best community i have ever experienced in an online game. I reccomend this for every TCG-player.
  19. Oct 25, 2014
    Phenomenal game, best on-line trading card game that I have played. Only downside is that the player base is rather small at the moment, but the community is fantastic in every way. I've devoted almost 400 hours to this game so far, with many more enjoyable hours to come!
  20. Oct 25, 2014
    This game is fantastic, and I love that they continue to produce content! This is a fantastic product, and I would love to earn more cards quicker, but that is just how the game rolls.
  21. Oct 25, 2014
    This is certainly the most tactful card game in existence. First thing I gotta get out of the way is the Pay to Win concept that has plagued some of the more...Stone-Heart games out there. This game allows you to grind for cards in two ways with both a point system and a leveling up reward system. To boot, it allows you to trade which is something I have seen other games fail at. I haveThis is certainly the most tactful card game in existence. First thing I gotta get out of the way is the Pay to Win concept that has plagued some of the more...Stone-Heart games out there. This game allows you to grind for cards in two ways with both a point system and a leveling up reward system. To boot, it allows you to trade which is something I have seen other games fail at. I have not invested on this game yet but I have already achieved top 30 in the ranks as well ass attained some of the rarest cards by both trades and packs so I do not feel at a disadvantage to those who buy packs which merely saves them time.

The game has quite a lot of variety and creativity unlike anything I have seen in any other card game I have played, even Magic. It allows you to select three of any creatures in the game as commanders to use their abilities in conjunction with each other and the rest of your deck for an amazing amount of variety but above all this game has simultaneous turns that allow for unique mechanics you simply cannot find in physical card games.

Last and certainly not least, the lore of this series is pure gold and connected so well that it could stand on its own.
  22. Oct 26, 2014
    I am loving this game. I am a long time gamer and this is the first CCG that manages to not only capture my imagination but also has become my all consuming game of choice.

The community is amazing. The company is great with the players as well. I love watching this grow from it's roots. They want to be interactive with us and we with them. It's win win all around.
  23. Oct 25, 2014
    Great game for people who love Trading Card Games. Lots of complexity and variation to deck building and strategies. Takes some of the best elements of games like Hearthstone and Magic the Gathering and combines them in unique setting which includes everything from demonic magic to giant mechas.

Every last card in the game is also animated with at least 24 frames of animation. Some of the cards actually look like they have little movies with multiple scenes.

As a free to play game it takes a page from popular MOBAs where the only cash only items are cosmetic and everything else can be acquired through the use of earned in-game currency. Also being implemented are weekly free deck rotations with showcase decks built by veteran players, allowing new players to not only jump into matches using properly constructed decks but also helps them learn how cards and combos are best utilized.

While it all sounds great, there are a few bugs with the game right now which are being worked on. Also the rules and mechanics are difficult to learn for players without previous Trading Card Game experience. Even after playing through the tutorial and 64 mission single player campaign, new players may be ill prepared to face off against actual human opponents.

But this actually brings to light one of the BEST features of the game: A great community. Lots of helpful players with advice and hints occasional free cards. There is even a built in Master/Apprentice system that actually encourages this type of friendly behavior.
  24. Oct 26, 2014
    This is the best TCG i have ever played, over 2000 hours and im still loving every second of it :) Trading, Gameplay and the Community are amazing. Lightmare is not only an iinsanely smart and well TCG educated stuido, but also takes the time to listen to the community with many QA and In game moderators.

Overall most played game of 2013-2014 for me, and will most indefinatly be for 2015
  25. Oct 26, 2014
    Infinity Wars will show you that TCGs were meant to be on a virtual platform.
    Infinity Wars will show you that TCGs were meant to be on a virtual platform.
    The artwork of its fully-animated cards is absolutely magnificent and supported by a rich and continuously evolving lore. It will satisfy all hard-core TCG fans with its simultaneous turns and strategic mechanics as well as various ladder and competition systems. As for the newcomers, a well designed training ground is prepared for all the factions of the game and will introduce you to all the basics and lore while rewarding you every step of the way with cards and rewards and with each new coming day just for logging in 
    All that being said, its greatest feature is its awesome and welcoming community that you’ll rapidly get to know, especially if you hang around the Live Streams of the game and the entertaining gamers hosting them.
    Definitely try out this free-to-play, super fun card game and witness with us the exciting adventure that is the Infinity Wars with its community and the passionate team behind the game, working every day on improving, balancing and growing this game into an institution that will revolutionize its genre.

See you on the battlefield!
  26. Oct 26, 2014
    If you don't give this game a try, you're missing out. Great game, devs stay in contact with the community, and no cards are limited by a paywall. Animated cards are a definite plus, great game for all types of gamers, even if you don't usually play TCGs.
  27. Oct 26, 2014
    Having a blast playing this game. Lots of refreshing concepts that take the Digital TCG concept forward. Very good presentation, especially card animations, and a nice set of features already. Give it a try, you wont regret it !
  28. Oct 26, 2014
    Infinity Wars is certainly something special. Though it is a card game on the computer, it manages to surpass others for one simple fact. Its not a card game in digital format, its a card game MADE for digital format.

Tokens matter, graveyards are kept constant in each game, and turns happen at the same time. Its even fun to look at with animated cards, and the humor only adds to the value of the game.

On a company level, Lightmare seems to really care about what they're doing. The small team listens to what their players say, suggest, or think should be changed in the game! Overall, it was put best by the community guy. "Frankly guys..we give a damn"

Definitely going to be holding my attention for a good while, even though I only started a few days ago.
  29. Oct 26, 2014
    I played several ccgs and over 15 years of MTG. I can honestly say that when it comes to digital ccgs there is no better alternative. The game needs some effort to get into but rewards so much. The depth when it comes to deck construction and ingame decisions is unparallaled. There sure are some negative points one could mention at this point but none of them are realy major and this gameI played several ccgs and over 15 years of MTG. I can honestly say that when it comes to digital ccgs there is no better alternative. The game needs some effort to get into but rewards so much. The depth when it comes to deck construction and ingame decisions is unparallaled. There sure are some negative points one could mention at this point but none of them are realy major and this game realy deserves to be known. Expand
  30. Oct 26, 2014
    Can't stop playing this game! Very deep and strategic. Best TGG out there! Hearthstone not even close to this. If you like card games - don't look no further, this is the ONE!
  31. Oct 26, 2014
    Beautiful game, great mechanics, quite balanced, definitely not pay-2-win ( i haven´t paid anything and probably never will :P ) and definitively far better than hearthstone. sorry for my english, i am not a natural English speaker
  32. Oct 27, 2014
    Infinity Wars brings tons of new features to the table that vastly improve on standard TCG gameplay, while eliminating some of the genre's traditional weaknesses. It is entirely free to play, with new content emerging on a regular basis; new players can accumulate good-sized collections of cards within days, just by playing.

Particularly strong elements include the card artwork, music,

Particularly strong elements include the card artwork, music, and the sheer depth of strategy available in this game. The playerbase and devs are also extremely friendly and helpful.

TL;DR: Drop whatever other TCG you're playing, you don't know what you're missing out on.
  33. Oct 27, 2014
    This is a great game for hardcore card gamers or the beginner alike. Every card available for FREE with free cards for login after 3 games and for weekly quests and great stater decks.

Great community and fantastic strategy with simultaneous turns you need to master your bluff and counter bluff and out think your opponent not just over power them with cards. you need never play

you need never play another card game online again!
  34. Oct 27, 2014
    This amazing game includes features like: simultaneous turns (allowing unique strategy build-ups), definitely a FTP game - you can get all the cards you need simply by playing; there's campaign mode, PVP, quests, daily/ weekly and lv.up rewards, draft mode, trading is available, premium cards for all the hardcore collectors out there, awesome community, solid deckbuilder, pretty damn goodThis amazing game includes features like: simultaneous turns (allowing unique strategy build-ups), definitely a FTP game - you can get all the cards you need simply by playing; there's campaign mode, PVP, quests, daily/ weekly and lv.up rewards, draft mode, trading is available, premium cards for all the hardcore collectors out there, awesome community, solid deckbuilder, pretty damn good card artwork, love the lore, the factions unique abilities and dynamics.
    Infinity Wars as tremendous potential, unique and groundbreaking features in the digital TCG world!
  35. Oct 28, 2014
    First class CCG. Really deep gameplay and strategies. Lots of rewards for new players, nice and helpful community. Still growing and evolving, give it a try ppl.
  36. Oct 29, 2014
    This game is an exceptionally good TCG (Trading Card Game) and CCG (Collectible Card Game) as well. It kicks MtG and other cards games (Hstone) butt by far.

Overview This is a Free game that manages to give a balanced and challenging experience while avoiding P2W (Pay to Win) altogether. It also has a great community of players, moderators and developers, who get in touch with you to

Overview
    This is a Free game that manages to give a balanced and challenging experience while avoiding P2W (Pay to Win) altogether. It also has a great community of players, moderators and developers, who get in touch with you to help you out right from the start if you need it.

Pros:
    + It's Free! You can play this game for free, or you can choose to spend some bucks in it to get more cards. Even if you don't want to spend real money, you can still get the same cards by playing and earning in-game free currency, or by trading cards with other players.

+ Real TCG. There's a reason TCG are called that way, Infinity Wars lets you trade your spare cards to get the ones you want, be it for building a better deck or just to complete your collection.

+ Animated cards! Each and every last one of the cards is animated. I dare you to find another free online card game that offers you the same (100% animated cards). Not only that, the artwork is just amazing, professional artists work on this game and the quality is superb.

+ Competitive, challenging and balanced gameplay. Infinity Wars has many factions you can play with, they are all balanced and they can all beat each other in many (I really mean it: many!) different ways. The amount of strategies and combinations is endless, and two people using the exact same deck can still use the cards in very different ways to win.

+ Good card collection start. When you make an account and start playing, after you go through the tutorials (Training and Academy), you can play the Campaign, and you'll be rewarded with an entire pre-made deck of each faction when you complete each campaign. Not only that, you get a free 15-cards booster each time you level up. As if that wasn't enough, you can complete quests to get even more cards, and you also get a free daily card just for logging in, and another daily card after playing three games. It's incredible the amount of cards this game gives you for free.

+ Store. When you play you win free in-game currency which you can spend in the in-game Store to get more cards. You can also spend real money if you want, either to get more cards or to dress up your battlefield and decks.

Cons:
    - Some minor bugs that are still being worked on (in fact there's a patch coming tomorrow as I write this, so you can see it's actively being worked on). These are not a huge problem, and after some patches nowadays they are hardly noticeable at all. I expect to see them all gone in the future, not only because I've seen patches actually 'work' when it comes to fixing bugs, but I've also talked to some of the developers myself and they listen to what you have to say if you want to report a bug.

- Addictive, you'll find yourself wanting to play moar and moar. You have been warned.

Seriously, there's hardly anything bad I can say about this game, it's that good. Otherwise I wouldn't have give them a 10 score.

Conclusion:
    If you like TCGs, if you have ever played MtG in real life and miss the feeling it gave you the first time you played it, then you NEED to play Infinity Wars. It's a rock-solid card game, and the sooner you start playing it, the happier you'll be.
  37. Nov 23, 2014
    The good thing about this game is it's engaging gameplay and creativity that is required to make it so. You can become very attached to your collection and the different decks and strategies you've created. Besides there being a couple of metadecks, there are hundreds of other different decks and strategies that are very viable. You can even change your playstyle quite a bit now halfwayThe good thing about this game is it's engaging gameplay and creativity that is required to make it so. You can become very attached to your collection and the different decks and strategies you've created. Besides there being a couple of metadecks, there are hundreds of other different decks and strategies that are very viable. You can even change your playstyle quite a bit now halfway throughout a best of 3 match because of the new sideboards, which makes the game even more in-depth than it already was.

If you've played MTG, you might think most of the cards are overpowered. After you get used to the game's fast pacing, you'll see that those strong cards are actually only fun gamechangers/savers but far from unbalanced. The small development team keeps the game fairly balanced and although it takes them quite some time to make any adjustments, they seem to DO take the community input into account.

It's a great game for veterans of trading card games as well as for people that are completely new to the genre. The game offers starters a fair amount of free cards and there are lots of more free cards to be gained from leveling up, playing games and grinding in-game points. I think the grinding rate is fair and the real money prices for boosters are not too high. I feel like they are considerably lower than any card boosters in real life and have a higher chance of containing high value cards, but then again they are digital.

Although some factions and strategies require higher value cards than others, the game really comes down to the player's skill in deck building, card knowledge, decision making and predicting the opponent's moves. Despite your skill being of higher value than your card collection, the matchmaking still needs some tuning because new players get often outplayed by people that have been playing this game for a long time.

The trading in the game works ok and I'm glad it's there. It's still very primitive and in need of an auction house or trade forum, but I believe something like that is on their list.

The players are really nice to each other. There's the occasional rager, but the community is not anywhere close to the toxicity in the many other ftp games that are out there. People will help you out with tips and free cards or good trades if you're new to the game. There are very nice people streaming on twitch where you can learn a lot from and the overal attitude in the general game chat is very friendly.

The game still suffers from some (disconnect) bugs and technical problems with it's UI. I hope those get fixed soon, because they can be very problematic and occur quite frequently. If those bugs are out of the way and the game sees some more frequent hotfixes I would give this game a 10. If you don't care too much about the game's current flaws, I can definitely recommend you to try it out, otherwise I would just wait till 2015 when some of the new content is added and the game is probably more polished.
  38. Oct 26, 2014
    Very solid and interesting card game. Unique compared to any other card game I've found. Would recommend.

The game could use more players, so if your reading this, give the game a try.
  39. Oct 27, 2014
    Infinity Wars may be one of the most innovative Online-TCG´s out there!
    The cards are all fully animated and have a more mature approach on the art.
    The game is not Pay-To-Win , since you can get every card in the game by playing and IW is very generous with free cards. You can also engage in trading to get the cards that you desire. As far as the actual gameplay goes, it has a quite
    Infinity Wars may be one of the most innovative Online-TCG´s out there!
    The cards are all fully animated and have a more mature approach on the art.
    and IW is very generous with free cards.
    You can also engage in trading to get the cards that you desire.
    As far as the actual gameplay goes, it has a quite different approach to the
    playing field. It is broken down into Assaultzone , Defensezone , Supportzone and
    Commandzone. This, combined with the fact that you have simultaneous turns, creates a
    very deep and strategical game. Your focus lies on predicting the moves of your enemy
    and outmanoeuvring him, dodging his spells and abilities.
    The RNG in Infinity Wars is kept to a bare minimum, being a characteristic of a specific
    faction, rather then being omnipresent throughout the game.
    In IW, there are 8 existing factions included in the Core-Set and or the 3 Expansions.
    Every faction has a distinct play-style, with you being able to combine the different
    factions into your decks. This can range from a triple Purity Genesis Industries deck
    to a 1 Genesis Industries/1 Sleepers Of Avarrach/1 Flamedawn deck with 3 different
    factions in one deck ( or any other combination you like ).
    The game still has a few bugs here and there, but most of ´em are small visual bugs
    and are not gamebreaking.
    The player-base as of right now is low, but the Infinity-Wars community has to be the
    most friendly and helpful around.
    The devs are also cool guys, interacting constantly with the community in the forums
    and answering questions that may come up.
    There are also a few streamers who stream this game regularly, the most notable and
    famous being NovaBlue. His stream is very noobfriendly and is the right place to
    ask for help or just to hang out with the community.
    All in all this game is aimed at mid to hard-core TCG players who desire to play a
    game that is easy to get in to but hard to master.
  40. Oct 27, 2014
    I'm not gonna lie, this is not the most polished ever. UI is somewhat clumsy, weird bugs appear here and there. But outside of that, I recommend this game to any TBS or CCG player. Lots of free staff for F2P, gorgeous animated arts and lore, vast deckbuilding possibilities, lots of mind-games and bluffing. And devs are constantly improving the game too. Go and play. There are no betterI'm not gonna lie, this is not the most polished ever. UI is somewhat clumsy, weird bugs appear here and there. But outside of that, I recommend this game to any TBS or CCG player. Lots of free staff for F2P, gorgeous animated arts and lore, vast deckbuilding possibilities, lots of mind-games and bluffing. And devs are constantly improving the game too. Go and play. There are no better online stategies in near future! Expand
  41. Nov 22, 2014
    More strategically than heartstone, closer to MGT but much nicer and easier (I think, but I've only looked at MTG). Very nice graphics and fully animated cards and you can actually trade cards in game!
    And I must throw in a great thanks to the playerbase AND staff for making the game what it is!
    I can really recommend this game, and you can actually be competitive in this game for free after a few weeks, or sooner if you are familiar with cardgames.

The only thing that keeps this from getting a 9 is the for now limited playerbase compared to bigger games like HS. But I would not turn back to that RNG game when you can play a strategic card game instead.
  42. Nov 24, 2014
    Very addictive game.
    Simultaneous turns allows bluffing your next move and anticipating your opponents'.
    The artwork on the cards is gorgeous and fully animated. Premium versions of cards (gold border, plat border, foil effect) add to their value for collectors. Game is free. The only thing real money is required for is vanity battlegrounds or card backs. The trading system is good.
    Very addictive game.
    The artwork on the cards is gorgeous and fully animated.
    The trading system is good. The community is friendly and reasonable for the most part.
    The community manager and developers communicate with the players and listen to their feedback.
    Try it. It is free.
  43. Dec 6, 2014
    A free card game with very deep mechanics and a more then fair business model.

the card combat consists of many different factions,which can be mixed and matched,a zone style of combat consisting of the combat zone,defense zone,support zone,and the commander zone,game also includes a simultaneous turns with your opponent. except for the commander zone which can only have 3 cards in it
    A free card game with very deep mechanics and a more then fair business model.

except for the commander zone which can only have 3 cards in it that were chosen when constructing the deck,any card played can me moved between those zones at will during your play phase.
    this combined with the simultaneous turns allows players too not only out play there opponent but too also out think them,as some cards/effects can only take place against other while they are in the combat/defense zone and others only in the support zone.so games most of the time will not only give way too the one with the better cards/luck but too the ones with the better strategy.
    and with multiple games modes such as pauper/arena styled runs called rifts were you build a fresh deck with random cards and go against opponents with it for prizes,ranked and unranked and a full campaign for each of the factions there is alot there too put that great combat system too use

as far as the money side of things go,the only problem i have with the way they use the fun bucks style of payment which usually ends up with cash you won't be able too spend.
    but other then that,it's more then fair,with the price of packs being relatively cheap,and a lot of the pay walls others companys would slam you with are in the form of cosmetics and rift entry passes here.
    And with the free packs you get with each lvl you gain and completing side missions and the fact you get the appropriate styled deck whenever you complete a factions campaign means that you will easily have a sizable collection of cards and options too play even before you think about opening your wallet.

great game,definitely worth a look if your even remotely interested in card games.
  44. Dec 9, 2014
    The best ccg on the net and rivals magic the gathering as my all time favorite. Playing at the same time as your opponent is just one of the few simple twists Infinity Wars executes to perfection. It's innovative and evolving constantly and features some of the most active and visible developers I have ever seen.

Anyone who is making a tcg needs to have a book full of notes on this

Anyone who is making a tcg needs to have a book full of notes on this game. If your gaming critic and you have not written a review I can only assume that you have not been able to pull yourself away from your daily rift runs and deck building sessions to do so.

If your a fan of strategy in general and are turned off by the ccg aspect of this game your doing yourself a disservice. I would rate it as the top strategy game of the last 2 years. Download it for free and I apologize for all the lost sleep and missed worked days in advance.
  45. Feb 17, 2015
    This game is not pay 2 win. In no other game you gain so many cards on the go. For example, you get one card per day for logging in. You can buy the cards with ingame currency. You get boosters for playing campaign mode. It is, for me, one of the best TCG in the last years.
  46. Apr 29, 2015
    I love the gameplay. I've been playing 5 days now. Won a couple of 15 card decks, a card each day and bought 2 3card packs. (I do plan on buying with cash a few booster packs).
    So far my comments in the negative are that it's frustrating to get to level 6 in campaign (Flame Wars) and not be able to advance (had to play it 13 times and then ask for advice in chat before I beat that level, and now I'm stuck on level 7). In my opinion they don't have to make it that hard for a beginner to advance through those campaigns. To me it seems better to get you those cards so you can have more experience developing your own decks, then in understanding advance game dynamics... better to lea;rn those in player vs player games. To my view that is.
    Luckily there are other ways to play. I like that they've included that in this game. Too many other onlinen tcg's I've tried out and I get stuck at a level and then I give up and go onto another game another few months later. So what I'll do is to stop playing the Campaigns, lose those cards they hoped to be getting to me for free and just buy some boosters and get to my deck building and pvp games.

There are no critic reviews yet.