Inquisitor PC

• Publisher: Cinemax
  • Release Date: Sep 5, 2012
7.9

1. Aug 10, 2013
    This game has a good story and good atmosphere. But the combat is painful and unrealistic. The problem is that your weapon will break literally within seconds of fighting multiple enemies, by multiple I mean like two. But for some reason this only applies to enemies after you have to kill the bats surrounding the starting area village. Its an old school game but the difficulty isThis game has a good story and good atmosphere. But the combat is painful and unrealistic. The problem is that your weapon will break literally within seconds of fighting multiple enemies, by multiple I mean like two. But for some reason this only applies to enemies after you have to kill the bats surrounding the starting area village. Its an old school game but the difficulty is borderline broken, we are talking harder than Darksouls, much harder. Without a manual you are gonna be screwed. I don't see how you could get through this game without a guide and it doesn't come with one on Steam.

I don't mind difficulty but this is unrealistically difficult, your character is so weak that I would assume that he is a late stage terminally ill cancer victim. Its not my cup of tea, because I don't like games where I have to use a guide.
  2. Sep 19, 2013
    Text heavy and old school to the point of being clunky Inquisitor is a welcome return to the ARPG's of yore. The graphics date from around the D2 era if not slightly worse and there are no options whatsoever to rebind keys. There is a good story lurking if you're able to read between the lines and get over the very poorly done English translations (the game was originally released inText heavy and old school to the point of being clunky Inquisitor is a welcome return to the ARPG's of yore. The graphics date from around the D2 era if not slightly worse and there are no options whatsoever to rebind keys. There is a good story lurking if you're able to read between the lines and get over the very poorly done English translations (the game was originally released in czech). Easily 50+ hours of gameplay if you really engage with it. Expand
  3. Mar 12, 2013
    To put it simply, Inquisitor is a game that forces you to read(or skip) incredible amounts of dialog. Sure I think it's great that every character in the game world has something to say about every quest and it's phase but you are never told any tips who to talk to. For example it would make sense if asking about thing X from person A would make her say that person B might know, but no;To put it simply, Inquisitor is a game that forces you to read(or skip) incredible amounts of dialog. Sure I think it's great that every character in the game world has something to say about every quest and it's phase but you are never told any tips who to talk to. For example it would make sense if asking about thing X from person A would make her say that person B might know, but no; you have to talk to every god damn npc in town and sometimes even on the other end of the game world. Expand
  4. Aug 18, 2013
    Great setting & story idea, however the mechanics/combat design make the game pretty much unplayable.

The game has supposedly been in development for 10 years, which is really surprising since it looks like no time was spent balancing and designing combat. Instead of tweaking numbers, you're given infinite potions that heal you entirely and every fight simply becomes a boring AFK potion spam fest. Poor UI and controls don't help at all.
  5. Oct 16, 2013
    Inquisitor is a excellent game but I must warn you, if you are not a hardcore rpg gamer, you won’t find it very attractive, the game recreates the feeling of the golden age of rpg games.
    The music is well created, maybe one of the strong points of the game, the story and the investigation stuff are very nice and helps to create a unique style of game, for those who prefer modern graphics, slashing action and that Kill Bill kind of stuff, stay away from the game but if you like rpg games such as Never winter nights and Ancient Evil that's your game!

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    It’s pretty obvious, Inquisitor is not a game for everybody. The hardcore mechanics, the increased difficulty curve, the old-school aesthetics, will undoubtedly irritate those accustomed to playing only polished and streamlined action-RPGs like Skyrim. [November 2012]
  2. PC PowerPlay
    Oct 28, 2012
    Difficult, ucompromising and obtuse, Inquisition will appeal to fans of the hardest of hardcore old-school RPGs. [Nov 2012, p.84]
  3. Oct 11, 2012
    The main character of Inquisitor is quite creative when it comes to torturing heretics. You can rack people, make them drink boiling water, or put them into the iron maiden… But the game itself is an even worse torture – not everyone can suffer through 100 hours being bored and annoyed at the same time. Inquisitor is not a hardcore RPG; it just hates the player.