6.9

1. Feb 22, 2013
    I found myself largely unable to play this game which is a pity because it had potential. The controls are the major problem with the mouse often lagging far behind where I want to aim and keys occasionally not realising I've released them until several frames afterwards. Couple this with objects getting wedged under the clutter of physics objects and things become a little frustrating.I found myself largely unable to play this game which is a pity because it had potential. The controls are the major problem with the mouse often lagging far behind where I want to aim and keys occasionally not realising I've released them until several frames afterwards. Couple this with objects getting wedged under the clutter of physics objects and things become a little frustrating.

The music is repetitive and eventually irritating whilst the actual game-play is slower than I'd want from a platform shooter. The guns are variations on a theme with little difference between each. The graphics are pretty good with enemies having a variety of animation.

Ultimately (and unfortunately) if you're looking for something with the charm of Metal Slug or the action of Abuse you're going to have to look elsewhere.
  2. Jun 13, 2013
    I went into this game with high hopes expecting to be playing a more modern and improved version of an old favourite, Metal Slug. At first the game felt like it was doing well, nice artwork, different weapons, various enemies, but the further into the game I got the more it felt like it was just trying to show of it's physics and rag-doll capabilities.
    Corpses soon went from awesome
    Corpses soon went from awesome rag-doll deaths to annoying pick up blockers. The controls started to become even more clunky as the game progressed, the automatic grabbing of ropes when jumping past them got me shot a couple of times whilst trying to dodge attacks.
    Not to mention the wolf riding, sure it looks good on the trailer and in thumbnail art, but when you hop onto one of those things you just wish it would die so you can get back to being a bad-ass with a gun rather than a guy struggling to turn his mount around whilst flying robots shoot at his stationary behind. The wolf controls just felt bad, you become a sitting duck as soon as you hop on one of those things. Okay all be it you can move a lot faster on a wolf, but only if you go straight in one direction and don't have to manoeuvre over around anything like, lets say, a heap of rag-doll corpses... Which of course there are always going to be.
    At first you think it's a game with mechanics that will add a lot to your experience, but they end up taking away the core part of any game, enjoyment.
  3. Jul 30, 2013
    Cheap flash-based platformer, with nothing that sets it apart from the crowd. I found the controls to be lagging and that really killed it for me. Checking the Steam forums reveals that this game doesn't have much fans, overall people find it to be... meh. And I agree with that. I wouldn't waste my time on this one.

1. Sep 19, 2012
    A preposterous pleasure. [Oct 2012, p.97]
  2. Aug 20, 2012
    Intrusion 2 is an addictive run 'n' gun, strong in the genre's distinctive elements and with a lot of variety.
  3. Aug 11, 2012
    Fast paced action, gargantuan bosses and a chaotic physics make for a run'n'gun fresh game and packed with solid ideas.