6.9

1. Aug 29, 2012
    I don't care if the mechanics resemble the Game Gears of War, I have played Gears of War before and I loved it. I had the same feeling with Inversion, and I must say the Idea of Zero Gravity is excellent. The game has a lot to offer and delivers a great Single Campaign and even a better Co-Op experience. The graphics and effects are way better then the ones used in GOW. Actually peopleI don't care if the mechanics resemble the Game Gears of War, I have played Gears of War before and I loved it. I had the same feeling with Inversion, and I must say the Idea of Zero Gravity is excellent. The game has a lot to offer and delivers a great Single Campaign and even a better Co-Op experience. The graphics and effects are way better then the ones used in GOW. Actually people should be happy a game like this hits the PC market as we only got one GOW game ever released for the PC. The genre is awesome and people who say the story is dull and has plot holes have no imagination anymore. Not every little detail has to be served on a silver plate for gamers to consume. I really loved this game. Every game has some flaws but critics have been way to harsh on such a good Sci-Fi shooter, I recommend this title very much. Its a A title game and should be treated with a little more respect. Expand
  2. May 17, 2014
    Very nice Third person game, just like another Third person game, the game features are very good, the combat weapons are also good using gravilink to take down the enemy, I just love it .This is a very fascinating game after all
  3. Sep 21, 2014
    mother of third person :O :O this game is awesome , gameplay is great. I Think quantum break is a copy of this one

ok;o;k;ko;ko;k;ok;k;k;;k;k;ko;;k;;;
  4. Sep 7, 2014
    Great game ,GOW clone ?? every game has something borrowed from another game, so not a valid reason
    The graphics are very nice ,gameplay is fun ,Cinematics with gameplay blending are well done .
    One of the rarest Cinematics game quality That I saw so far .
    Superior game over many other .GJ! I enjoyed
  5. Jul 29, 2012
    I enjoy co-op play, especially when it allows two people to experience the entire campaign. Inversion does not disappoint in this respect. The co-op experience is fun. It is not fully involved with assistive problem solving such as the likes of Laura Croft "Guardian of Light"; however, all of the common co-op elements are there, revives, climbs, path splits, etc. I've seen many referencesI enjoy co-op play, especially when it allows two people to experience the entire campaign. Inversion does not disappoint in this respect. The co-op experience is fun. It is not fully involved with assistive problem solving such as the likes of Laura Croft "Guardian of Light"; however, all of the common co-op elements are there, revives, climbs, path splits, etc. I've seen many references to Gears of War as a comparison and this is not inaccurate. If you liked playing Gears, you should like this game.

While telling the story, there are a *lot* of cut scenes to move the story along...almost too many, but it's really hard to complain about a developer that is involving you in a story. The story itself is nothing earth shattering, but it is engaging enough to keep you moving and wondering what's going on. One small nag concerning some of the cut scenes, they often leave you standing in the open, with a big target on your forehead while you scramble to get your bearings and find cover. The voice overs are not bad and the cinematic cut-scenes are very good, game-engine detail. At some points, the voice overs do seem slightly off, but all-in-all, very likeable and scene-setting.

Game mechanics: the first thing to say is bravo! Saber has created what has to be the absolute best buddy joining system of all time. Both players start the game and can immediately see each other on the main menu screen. Click your partner's name and then click the option to join them. No invites, no port opening follies, no frustration. Plain and simple the best solution to the often frustrating nonsense that most developers put you through. Well done. Inside the game, the cover system is nearly identical to Gears, including the sometimes frustrating pieces where you bounce around on cover elements while you're trying to free yourself to fight or run. I'm sure a lot of it is my gameplay, frantically mashing buttons in the thick of it all, but it's sometimes frustrating. Cover is not absolute, and nearly anything can be used as "some" cover. Depending on what you're hiding behind and where the enemies are, your cover may not work well at all. :) Some cover elements can also be destroyed, which is pretty cool and fun to deal with. The gravity element produces some very cool options for fights and level progression. And the orientation twisting creates a pretty cool element of rotating the battlefield.

This game is intended to be a two player game. Not having played the single-player, I can't comment on that aspect. Is this game ground-breaking, fresh, and flawless? Nope. But it *is* a great time spent with a buddy, romping through the story. Worth the money and is an experience that is pretty rare (campaign co-op). Don't bag on it for being like "Gears", embrace it and enjoy it for doing so. I had a lot of fun playing Gears and had as much fun playing Inversion. Great job Saber, I'd like to see even more games of this type!

The game that wanted to be king but was afraid of making the right decisions – sometimes when you copy successful concepts from others and combine them with your own fresh ideas you just waste the potential. [Sept 2012]
  2. Sep 10, 2012
    Inversion is a heavily linear by-the-numbers cover shooter that fails to make the most of its few high points. [Nov 2012, p.72]
  3. Aug 31, 2012
    The potential for something strong was here- but the mediocre level design and the repetition of the mechanics, hold Inversion back from 'diamond' status. That's not to say that it's a bad game: the 9 or 10 hours of gameplay are fun, but only that… there's not enough thrill and excitement to hold you from other games. [September 2012]