Iron Front: Liberation 1944 PC

6.4

1. May 19, 2016
    What a great game! The best WW2 game ever right now. Intensive fights with the sovjet army and you can use all weapons, flaks, airplanes, vehicles and tanks. What do you want more?
    Its so realistic and who write negative about this game have no idea how to play games! For this small developer X1Software with a very small budget is this a wonder and show the big developer how the develop pc games!
  2. Nov 22, 2013
    I've been playing this through fully patched, and I must say I really like it compared to release. At maturity, it is definitely better and deserves a higher score.
  3. Aug 24, 2013
    Oh god was this game one of the worst decisions of my life, it is buggy choppy and everything seems done half fast. Its already the end of august and I don't see any improvements on the game at all. It appears to be abandoned. If you like slamming your keyboard and rethinking your life buy this game, if not do not buy. Big waste of money, I could think of about 50 different games I couldOh god was this game one of the worst decisions of my life, it is buggy choppy and everything seems done half fast. Its already the end of august and I don't see any improvements on the game at all. It appears to be abandoned. If you like slamming your keyboard and rethinking your life buy this game, if not do not buy. Big waste of money, I could think of about 50 different games I could of bought besides this one for $29.99. Do not get, the most time I put into it is like 6 hours and that's like on 2 levels cause there so bad. Voice acting was just terrible... the cut scenes are just atrocious and this game was a big waste of time do not buy from any source no matter the sale even if on steam or any other vendor. Good luck Expand
  4. Jul 2, 2013
    very disappointing!!! hate hate hate this game!!,unfinished, the AI sucks, and the only thing is good is multi-player. don't be a sucker!!! DO NOT BUY
  5. May 27, 2013
    This game has been long since abandoned by the developer.

Just so people know, all the reviews submitted since the 27th of May 2013 are FAKE
    users like ProfTournesol and Jedra work for the developer, a quick check of their forum
    will confirm this.
  6. Feb 28, 2013
    an unfinished game with glitches bugs and whatsoever.Looked good in the eye but gameplay is a piece of sh#£t .if u already bought the game, i hope u already disappointed..
  7. Feb 3, 2013
    Well now, here is a real review from a well trusted source http://www.simhq.com/_land3/land_131a.html Clearly these so called "critics" here are not one for this type of game. Of course all games that come out have some sort of bug or bugs, its the nature of the business. Do yourself a favor, don't listen to critics, try it for yourself and trust me you will not believe how amazing itWell now, here is a real review from a well trusted source http://www.simhq.com/_land3/land_131a.html Clearly these so called "critics" here are not one for this type of game. Of course all games that come out have some sort of bug or bugs, its the nature of the business. Do yourself a favor, don't listen to critics, try it for yourself and trust me you will not believe how amazing it is. By the way a DLC and a few patches have since come out....where's Metacritic's follow-up review? Expand
  8. Jan 24, 2013
    This game has a huge potential, but its so buggy it is no fun to play it!
    This game has a huge potential, but its so buggy it is no fun to play it!
    It looks great and you maybe think about checking it out but you will regret it! The Westernfront DLC is not improved its also as buggy as the original game! The fanboys here that talk about small bugs are either idiots or they dont know what a bug is! This game is like playing a alpha! For example the DayZ Alpha isnt half as bugged as this!
    Stay away from this friends!
  9. Jan 5, 2013
    I have been an avid arma/ flashpoint fan since the beginning, it is superior for realistic combat and the ability to create your own missions adds infinite replay value to the game. It might feel clunky at first but once you get used to the engine/ mechanics you realize that its all other shooters that are flawed ,in the sense that they dont take into account how a soldier would move withI have been an avid arma/ flashpoint fan since the beginning, it is superior for realistic combat and the ability to create your own missions adds infinite replay value to the game. It might feel clunky at first but once you get used to the engine/ mechanics you realize that its all other shooters that are flawed ,in the sense that they dont take into account how a soldier would move with 100lbs of gear, or how he would react under fire, and if you get shot in the arm, you cant shoot straight etc. So what im trying to get at here is that if youre looking for an arcade shooter, this games not for you at all, hell its not for anyone. now if your are an arma fan, heres where my review actually begins. This game cost me $26 with the expansion, and that was on steam sale too, for a conversion mod for arma 2, not much different from Vietnam, the experience or the balkan war mod, EXCEPT THOSE WERE F R E E ! Now i didnt mind the idea of paying for arma 2 converted to ww2 because in my experience total conversion mods come with a whole plethora of bugs and usually the ambient combat doesnt work too well. I figured id buy this game to hopefully avoid all those problems. And what do I find? not only does the ambient combat not work but the troops themselves are broken. Russian troops show up as enemies for some reason so when i try to place allies and soviets on the map they shoot each other. What really pissed me off though was that when i went to make my own d-day in the editor on omaha beach, the germans and allies are FRIENDLY!!!!! WTF? But wait, theres more. I dont even think there are 25 guns total in this game, loadout is basic, and to top off poor weapon selection half of the audio files for the guns sound like they were recorded on someones phone, in a big empty room, off a **** low fi youtube video of the intended weapon sound. so to recap, editor sucks, weapons are lame, AI is terrible, and the maps are average looking. all in all i got a so-so conversion mod for arma 2 that doesnt work half as well, or even come close to the amount of content found in most conversion mods on armaholic. By comparison, Vietnam the experience comes with about 25 maps to play with. some are small but most are pretty huge. It adds close to 100 small arms weapons to the game and a whole army of aircraft and tanks. The soldiers all look great as well as the maps themselves, and the editor works just as well as it does for arma2 vanilla. All in all, its not a terrible game, and if it were a mod id give it a 7. But because its nothing more than a $26 mod for a game i own, and failed to live up to any of the other conversion mods out there that are all free mind you, i give it an F- 0% total failure and a waste of money Expand
  10. Dec 26, 2012
    Super MP/CoOp strategic action. Huge maps and a real feel of tension. If it was not because my otherwise very stable play computer freezes now and then due to graphics driver issues I would have given a 10 but they are still updating on the game so I hoping.

I'm back after about a 6 month period. If there are still those freezing is a 6 figure probably more appropriate .... But damn take me, I'm crazy about the game even though it is on the 6.

Sorry for my google english :(
  11. Dec 14, 2012
    Two points are awarded for major features and one point is awarded for minor features of the game (positive or negative points).

Positive Points:
  12. Dec 12, 2012
    Ok so its slightly glitchy but any fan of ARMA should love this, i wouldnt pay much attention to the critics. Not for Cod Fans however.
    Sadly just needs some polish here and there.
  13. Dec 2, 2012
    This game uses the ARMA II engine, but although more bugged here than in ARMA II (something I hope they will fix soon) it is actualy better in this game. Some examples; the tanks behave more realistically, the aircrafts shake (from recoil) when you shoot, the offroad ride with cars if much more bumpy (and thus more realistic) and the vehicles break down much more realistically (withThis game uses the ARMA II engine, but although more bugged here than in ARMA II (something I hope they will fix soon) it is actualy better in this game. Some examples; the tanks behave more realistically, the aircrafts shake (from recoil) when you shoot, the offroad ride with cars if much more bumpy (and thus more realistic) and the vehicles break down much more realistically (with bumpers and entire wheels falling off when you crash). The single-player campaign is... not good at all, but I don't buy this game (or any of the ARMA games) for the single player campaign. This is a game I purchased for the editor alone, and this editor is perfect. It lets you build any type of game you want. Stealth missions. Massive battles. Massive tank battles. Skirmishes. Dog fights. Tank buster missions. Assassin missions. Whatever you want. The maps are huge, but you can use only parts of them if you prefer that. They offer an opportunity for ultra-realistic game play, and I love that. The weapons and vehicles are cool, but I also like the equipment offered to players; like plastic explosives (with a separate wire and detonator, making it more difficult/realistic to use), a great number of different mines and trip wires, different backpacks.

The game is bugged (with an occational crash to desktop and some features not working properly), and this is the only reason why I don't give it a 10. If these bugs are fixed it is not only a 10, but also the best game I have ever seen this far (and I love games such as ARMA, ARMA II, EU III, Operation Flashpoint; Cold War Crisis, Deus Ex). If you care about a proper single-player campaign the game would be a 7 for you, I guess. The atmosphere of this game is very cool too. Yesterday I built (using the editor) a scenarior where I lead a small unit of SS-soldiers through enemy lines to pick up an abandonned SPW (a halftrack). When finally there, after evading (and some times killing) enemy units and dodging bullets from Russian snipers and Maxim MGs, I discover ("big surprise" to me, who made the scneraio) that it runs out of fuel after a 100 meters or so, so now I have to return to base to collect fuel (in form of a fuel truck, Opel Blitz). Last time I played I never made it back, but the atmosphere is just great and I loved every minute of it. Walking, using the binoculars, checking the map to figure out where I am, using the compass to figure out where to go, getting lost (again) because I had to dash for cover and then run across a corn field to evade the Russian squads... ah, I love this game. It feels as if I was there, fighting on the Russian front. There will soon be a DLC available for this game, called D-Day, featuring US (I guess) troops and more German units, and I cannot wait to get my hands on it. PS. Oh, and I can add that unlike in ARMA II the troops don't hit you from 400 meters with an iron-sight rifle 1 second after you look out the window. They often miss, and (I forgot to tell before) in this game the sound of bullets missing you is also much better than in ARMA II. And (unlike in ARMA II) the fragmentation from grenades can actually be heard as they hit the ground all around you.... PS II. The German troops speak German (if you like with English subtitles) and the Russians Russian (with English subtitles). Very cool.
  14. Nov 8, 2012
    This game is a kind of WW2 arma, under some points of view i even have to say it is better, developers are working hard right now to improve it, and after all of this work and new upcoming DLCs this game will become spectacular
  15. Aug 14, 2012
    The game is unfinished and sloppy. Control schemes are awful and the flow of the game is atrocious. The German single player has some guy with a high pitched voice screaming at you all the time and to make it worse the actor does the voice of several characters. Tutorials are worthless. It teaches you to do basic obvious things but not the trickier aspects of the game like movingThe game is unfinished and sloppy. Control schemes are awful and the flow of the game is atrocious. The German single player has some guy with a high pitched voice screaming at you all the time and to make it worse the actor does the voice of several characters. Tutorials are worthless. It teaches you to do basic obvious things but not the trickier aspects of the game like moving Anti-tank guns, equipping things, or the more strategic aspects of the game. Newbies have to seek net forums just to learn how to do simple tasks. Combat is weak too. Lots of bugs and many sights are more restrictive than helpful. I managed to get through a lot of the single player but with a lot of frustration. Not fun and not worth the 20 bucks I paid during Summer Sale. Expand
  16. Jul 20, 2012
    I bought this game hoping for an exciting, tactical battle-zone filled with fast paced fire-fights, tank battles and dogfights. I hoped for too much. The controls for this game are pretty complicated, so for a new person for me, it was very confusing. Now i have an O.K computer, with an I-3 processor it's pretty new (relatively speaking) , but the amount of crashes, frame-rate drops andI bought this game hoping for an exciting, tactical battle-zone filled with fast paced fire-fights, tank battles and dogfights. I hoped for too much. The controls for this game are pretty complicated, so for a new person for me, it was very confusing. Now i have an O.K computer, with an I-3 processor it's pretty new (relatively speaking) , but the amount of crashes, frame-rate drops and times when the entire video just bugged out, this game has problems that shouldn't be there. But (when it works) it actually contains most of the realism you would expect from an Arma game. The air combat is not too bad, and the guns for the aircraft are pretty well balanced. Don't expect to hit a few times and watch them explode, and you're actually quite vulnerable in the air as i found out. The vehicles are also well made and look almost exactly like the real thing, but in heavy tank battles, it took a while before anyone got killed. In Arma 2, you could be shot from 400 metres and not know what hit you, but in this, the firefights are much more localised. As long as the A.I doesn't crash you're own vehicle into a building (happened to me a few times). As a summary, A.I-Kind of dumb at times. Combat- can be fun, sometimes great. Problems-crashes, lots of 'em. And the Campaign Speech doesn't even match the subtitles at times. Graphics-with a high specification computer, downright beautiful, with a low specification computer, a bit pixel-ly at times, but its bearable. If you want it, you should have bought it months ago, as it's being beaten now by games dedicated to one field, such as Sturmovik IL-2, but its good as a jack of all trades, (definitely) master of none. Expand
  17. Jul 17, 2012
    I have read the critics reviews and some of the player reviews as well. I understand their frustration or lack of appreciation for this game. My take on it is, this game isn't for the teen players. Its not BF3 et.al. It for the more mature, team based, prior service player who loves history and is tired of the "technology" used in so many of the other games which tells you where theI have read the critics reviews and some of the player reviews as well. I understand their frustration or lack of appreciation for this game. My take on it is, this game isn't for the teen players. Its not BF3 et.al. It for the more mature, team based, prior service player who loves history and is tired of the "technology" used in so many of the other games which tells you where the enemy and friendlies are at all times. This game is hard to master but simple to play once you understand it based on reality. For instance, you can't get into a jeep's drivers seat by walking up on the right side. To get in the drivers seat, like in reality, you approach from the left. There aren't any "bonus skills" like fast reloads, or "killstreaks". It just straight up old fashioned weaponry that requires actual aiming if you are going to his anything.
    The best part about this game are the maps and the growing community of serious players. There are several but Forgotten Honor is a good start for someone looking to play with some experienced players. Good luck and good gaming.
  18. Jul 16, 2012
    The people giving this game low scores are used to cawadoody or battlefield games. This game might be too complex if you are that kind of person. Strategy fans will love this game. This isn't for the casual gamer like the people giving this game 0. This game is awesome you should buy it!
  19. Jul 3, 2012
    Initial release was way too buggy but after 1.02 patch most SP issues I had are fixed. MP is great when you find servers that favors team play. This is a serious sim-like 1-shot-1-kill no-frigging-bunny-jumping game so if you're looking for BF3 or CoD in WW2 setting you're far off.
  20. Jun 25, 2012
    Lonqvist

Jun 25, 2012 Ok, here we go! You like and expect fast and cinematic shooting action like BF3 or MW3? Don't buy this game; You like and expect perfectly scripted cut-scenes and flawless AI? Don't buy this game; You like virtual firefights without the need of strategic insights? Don't buy this game; You own a mid-range PC or worse? Don't try this game! But, If you are a
    Lonqvist

Jun 25, 2012

Ok, here we go! You like and expect fast and cinematic shooting action like BF3 or MW3? Don't buy this game; You like and expect perfectly scripted cut-scenes and flawless AI? Don't buy this game; You like virtual firefights without the need of strategic insights? Don't buy this game; You own a mid-range PC or worse? Don't try this game! But, If you are a WWII fan, especially interested in German and Russian warfare? Try this game! If you like creating your own WWII infantry or tank battles and you're familiar with the Arma I/II mission editor? Try this game! If you are still enthusiastic after reading this short review and own a big ass, High End PC with at least an i5 or i7 Quad core, at least 16GB of RAM and a heavy duty graphics card (maybe 2), well... This will be YOUR game!
  21. Jun 20, 2012
    It's pretty sad when some of the "so-called" professional reviewers are clearly biased or at the least, not PC gamers. But I guess this is somewhat expected considering Arma 2 got mixed reviews as well. The simple question is this, "If you like the Arma series and want something different, give this a try.". Especially if you like the East Front.
  22. Jun 11, 2012
    Iron Front Liberation 1944 feels like ArmA 2 in a WO2 setting. But it's definitely an improved version of ArmA 2 with better tank combat, better animations and great map/unit design. Infantry combat and dogfights are also a lot of fun. While the singleplayer campaign is a bit buggy (they're already fixing that!), this is a game you should buy for the editor and the multiplayer. MultiplayerIron Front Liberation 1944 feels like ArmA 2 in a WO2 setting. But it's definitely an improved version of ArmA 2 with better tank combat, better animations and great map/unit design. Infantry combat and dogfights are also a lot of fun. While the singleplayer campaign is a bit buggy (they're already fixing that!), this is a game you should buy for the editor and the multiplayer. Multiplayer comes with a lot of co-op and pvp missions like capture&hold or blitzkrieg. Now all this game needs are some more players! Expand
  23. Jun 8, 2012
    As others have pointed out, the game is flawed with bugs galore, similar to those found in Arma 2. Particularly single player mission triggers often fail to work, and I had crashes and odd interactivity problems again and again. One mission had me sitting there waiting for a Red Army attack that never came. I decided to scout around a bit and found a Russian mortar team just standingAs others have pointed out, the game is flawed with bugs galore, similar to those found in Arma 2. Particularly single player mission triggers often fail to work, and I had crashes and odd interactivity problems again and again. One mission had me sitting there waiting for a Red Army attack that never came. I decided to scout around a bit and found a Russian mortar team just standing there. Walked right up to them and shot them one by one point blank. I uninstalled it right after that. If they fix this stuff, it could be pretty good. I liked Arma 2 okay in the instances when it worked, and I very much like the looks of this game, which are pretty stunning - wide open outdoor spaces, great looking vehicle models, accurate detailing. I'll be waiting another few months to see, but I don't hold much hope and absolutely cannot recommend this game for purchase. I'm frankly shocked that there are people out there saying they had no problems. I don't mind a little glitch here and there - I expect it - but this title is full of them from minute 1, in my experience. Expand
  24. Jun 7, 2012
    The game looks like it has promise, it really does, but the first time I played it, the game froze right away. The devs released a 2 GB patch for it, so I tried it again. Froze during the basic training. Also, there are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many buttons to manage while playing. I have no idea why the devs made the prone button make you go down, but not go back up again. But theyThe game looks like it has promise, it really does, but the first time I played it, the game froze right away. The devs released a 2 GB patch for it, so I tried it again. Froze during the basic training. Also, there are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many buttons to manage while playing. I have no idea why the devs made the prone button make you go down, but not go back up again. But they had some good mechanics, like being able to roll while proned. The graphics on it looked fairly decent, but still a little dated. If you can get passed the bugs and the insane controls, then enjoy. If not, you'll run out of patience with it fast. If this review doesn't tell you how bad the launch was, it had a price drop within the first week... Expand
  25. Jun 6, 2012
    Its a good game. Great idea for a game just made by the wrong ppl. I mean i run CoD WaW (requires the same graphics card) on the lowest settings and i cant even run this on lowest just too much of a hardware request. and i cant even play multiplayer for it. its a waste of money but i like the idea and the way it works just too much of a hardware request
  26. F_x
    Jun 2, 2012
    Let's be honest: IF44 is really special... What you need to play it successfully is patience, maturity, a certain passion for sand-box, primarily freedom-oriented military games, willingness to learn new things and finally create a long-lasting platform for maximum enjoyment. However, be advised of complexity of the engine IF44 is built on - it isn't anything similar to linear experience.Let's be honest: IF44 is really special... What you need to play it successfully is patience, maturity, a certain passion for sand-box, primarily freedom-oriented military games, willingness to learn new things and finally create a long-lasting platform for maximum enjoyment. However, be advised of complexity of the engine IF44 is built on - it isn't anything similar to linear experience. You can merely put hundreds of units on the map (mission editor - pure awesomeness!) and every time you restart the game the battle will progress differently. Although several bugs are still present after recent patches, they're nothing compared to what possibilities the game itself delivers to an open-minded gamer. Feel free to buy and explore it by yourself. You may find it unexpectedly attractive just as I did. The reason I wrote this tiny review is to express my gratitude to the developers of IF44 for their enthusiasm and motivation. Expand
  27. Jun 1, 2012
    Just wanted to point out that the guy with review about emails is full of **** They've patched it twice in a week and already announced a polish army addon. Anyways, The comprehensive editor automatically garners this game a 5. Any modder that loves to tinker with games should buy this game. Any dev team that supports modding gets points in my book. The game revolves around Poland duringJust wanted to point out that the guy with review about emails is full of **** They've patched it twice in a week and already announced a polish army addon. Anyways, The comprehensive editor automatically garners this game a 5. Any modder that loves to tinker with games should buy this game. Any dev team that supports modding gets points in my book. The game revolves around Poland during WW2, Features some of the most Realistic tanking in Gaming(WW2OL aside) and focuses on more on airpower then Arma2. Monte 28 pretty much sums up the rest of the game.

The game gets a 9 only because of the bugs and crashing at launch, but hey. I haven't played a game that wasn't buggy at launch. As for CTDs, I've only experienced 2 CTDs since launch. Take that as you will.
  28. May 30, 2012
    Usually I am quite fair when rating games but this one I am going to have an exception for. It is the worst game I have every played in my whole life, the graphics are bad, the physics are terrible, the controls are fiddly, the sensitivity is weird and I actually felt upset after spending £20.00 on it. Contacted steam and negotiated how I could get my money back it was thatUsually I am quite fair when rating games but this one I am going to have an exception for. It is the worst game I have every played in my whole life, the graphics are bad, the physics are terrible, the controls are fiddly, the sensitivity is weird and I actually felt upset after spending £20.00 on it. Contacted steam and negotiated how I could get my money back it was that bad. Seriously DO NOT spend your money on this game people it's worth about £0.20 at most. Expand
  29. May 30, 2012
    Granted, the release has bugs and the Steam version is delayed using the 1.61 patch to get to the servers. Once you setup controls and play a few rounds the program seems to settle down and we finally get to the game.

The game is the BEST WWII Tank Battle game out there! Nothing can touch this for World War two type tactics and Battlefield views. They did a wonderful job on the MAPS. Modeling when on High makes these steel beast come to life. Push and hook for Pak guns! Refuel, Mechanized and Motorized Infantry. This has captured all of the Arma series pluses and dropped it right in the middle of WWII!

Running a tank server for Darkest Hour mod for a full year and always full, Most in the TS channel would remark with hopes of even larger battlefields with the ease of tank controls in the future. This title has succeeded in those expectations. Very immerse and very entertaining once you get you head wrapped around it. Patches and improvements will be forth coming and the MOD community will be releasing scenarios for YEARS to come. NICE JOB GUYS!!
  30. May 29, 2012
    This is the best $27 I ever spent. If you like Arma 2 and you like WW2 titles, you'll LOVE this game. I've got a thing for bolt action rifles and this title delivers. Getting kills with the German Kar 98 is extremely satisfying. The maps are down right beautiful and the terrains excellent. I think the AI provides just enough challenge. But the best part is that every multiplayer map can beThis is the best $27 I ever spent. If you like Arma 2 and you like WW2 titles, you'll LOVE this game. I've got a thing for bolt action rifles and this title delivers. Getting kills with the German Kar 98 is extremely satisfying. The maps are down right beautiful and the terrains excellent. I think the AI provides just enough challenge. But the best part is that every multiplayer map can be played cooperatively against AI as well. This means there's a ton of coop maps right out of the box... more so than Arma 2 provided. I think Deep Silver did a phenomenal job. Expand

1. Aug 1, 2012
    At its release Iron Front: Liberation 1944 is plagued by a number of bugs. Mission triggers don't work, the AI leaves a lot to desire and so does the story. The game works well in multiplayer though, where the scale of huge battlefields plays to the strengths of the complex military simulation at its heart.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 29, 2012
    It is not finished! The state this game was release in cannot be called anything other than beta. [July 2012]
  3. Games Master UK