6.5

1. May 25, 2012
    The game uses the same engine as arma 2 so yeah its going to be similar. So imagine arma 2 but as a ww2 genre type game. But the game runs more like a war engine. You will find yourself actually fighting the enemy. Arma 2 can feel cheap as the ai will snipe you with an AK from 400 meters away. In this game you wont get sniped by a pistol but instead of having a conflict 300-500 meters away. This game encourages you to get up in close for the kill. Ive been playing singleplayer and its challenging at some parts and then i tried the multiplayer....the largest server i found was maxed out at 32 players and it was buggy getting in and then i recieved a CTD. So i expect a patch within this month to correct that and overall the game runs great. Id recommend this game if you wanted a stronger fighting style in arma 2. The game deserves a 7 because it is great but three points off due to some ai just stand there and a CTD and buggy multiplayer launch. Definatley get the game if you are an arma vet and for any newcomers check this out, multiplayer is easy to pick up and plenty of action. Hopefully we will see the server list start filling up and get 64 player servers. Expand
  2. May 30, 2012
    Granted, the release has bugs and the Steam version is delayed using the 1.61 patch to get to the servers. Once you setup controls and play a few rounds the program seems to settle down and we finally get to the game.

The game is the BEST WWII Tank Battle game out there! Nothing can touch this for World War two type tactics and Battlefield views. They did a wonderful job on the MAPS.
    Modeling when on High makes these steel beast come to life. Push and hook for Pak guns! Refuel, Mechanized and Motorized Infantry. This has captured all of the Arma series pluses and dropped it right in the middle of WWII!

Running a tank server for Darkest Hour mod for a full year and always full, Most in the TS channel would remark with hopes of even larger battlefields with the ease of tank controls in the future. This title has succeeded in those expectations. Very immerse and very entertaining once you get you head wrapped around it. Patches and improvements will be forth coming and the MOD community will be releasing scenarios for YEARS to come. NICE JOB GUYS!!
  3. May 27, 2012
    This is a game that is better in "concept" than most FPS games. It has a firm interest in realism which is highly commendable, and not just in the story but in all it's concept. Unfortunately this is a shipped Alpha product. With patches and disorganization behind the obvious problems.

I love supporting the new inventor, but this is just plain old supporting bad development teams.

It
    sits unfixed still in my Valve list, and there it will probably stay. I hope they enjoy some cheap vodka with the money they swindled me out of. Collapse
  4. May 27, 2012
    Game had so much potential, but the bugs and glitches throughout campaign and multilayer make this unplayable. There needs to be stricter watch dogs because customers are being arse raped too often because companies that are releasing unfinished games and then patching them. I have sent 7 unanswered emails to Deep Silver about the game with no response. I don't think they intend to patch or acknowledge any problems in the near future, the game is a complete disaster. Such a shame though, it had potential, but thanks to lazy sly devs, this is just another broken game that will be forgotten within the next week. I personally feel robbed of my 29.99. Expand
  5. May 25, 2012
    Good game, perfect tank system, nice dogfights with planes, 2 large maps, I think that this game has big future and even bigger potential. Patch 1.61 which came out today, fixed some things, added new animations for infantry and a lot other thing too.
  6. Dec 2, 2012
    This game uses the ARMA II engine, but although more bugged here than in ARMA II (something I hope they will fix soon) it is actualy better in this game. Some examples; the tanks behave more realistically, the aircrafts shake (from recoil) when you shoot, the offroad ride with cars if much more bumpy (and thus more realistic) and the vehicles break down much more realistically (with bumpers and entire wheels falling off when you crash). The single-player campaign is... not good at all, but I don't buy this game (or any of the ARMA games) for the single player campaign. This is a game I purchased for the editor alone, and this editor is perfect. It lets you build any type of game you want. Stealth missions. Massive battles. Massive tank battles. Skirmishes. Dog fights. Tank buster missions. Assassin missions. Whatever you want. The maps are huge, but you can use only parts of them if you prefer that. They offer an opportunity for ultra-realistic game play, and I love that. The weapons and vehicles are cool, but I also like the equipment offered to players; like plastic explosives (with a separate wire and detonator, making it more difficult/realistic to use), a great number of different mines and trip wires, different backpacks.

The game is bugged (with an occational crash to desktop and some features not working properly), and this is the only reason why I don't give it a 10. If these bugs are fixed it is not only a 10, but also the best game I have ever seen this far (and I love games such as ARMA, ARMA II, EU III, Operation Flashpoint; Cold War Crisis, Deus Ex). If you care about a proper single-player campaign the game would be a 7 for you, I guess. The atmosphere of this game is very cool too. Yesterday I built (using the editor) a scenarior where I lead a small unit of SS-soldiers through enemy lines to pick up an abandonned SPW (a halftrack). When finally there, after evading (and some times killing) enemy units and dodging bullets from Russian snipers and Maxim MGs, I discover ("big surprise" to me, who made the scneraio) that it runs out of fuel after a 100 meters or so, so now I have to return to base to collect fuel (in form of a fuel truck, Opel Blitz). Last time I played I never made it back, but the atmosphere is just great and I loved every minute of it. Walking, using the binoculars, checking the map to figure out where I am, using the compass to figure out where to go, getting lost (again) because I had to dash for cover and then run across a corn field to evade the Russian squads... ah, I love this game. It feels as if I was there, fighting on the Russian front. There will soon be a DLC available for this game, called D-Day, featuring US (I guess) troops and more German units, and I cannot wait to get my hands on it. PS. Oh, and I can add that unlike in ARMA II the troops don't hit you from 400 meters with an iron-sight rifle 1 second after you look out the window. They often miss, and (I forgot to tell before) in this game the sound of bullets missing you is also much better than in ARMA II. And (unlike in ARMA II) the fragmentation from grenades can actually be heard as they hit the ground all around you.... PS II. The German troops speak German (if you like with English subtitles) and the Russians Russian (with English subtitles). Very cool.
  7. Jun 7, 2012
    The game looks like it has promise, it really does, but the first time I played it, the game froze right away. The devs released a 2 GB patch for it, so I tried it again. Froze during the basic training. Also, there are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many buttons to manage while playing. I have no idea why the devs made the prone button make you go down, but not go back up again. But they had some good mechanics, like being able to roll while proned. The graphics on it looked fairly decent, but still a little dated. If you can get passed the bugs and the insane controls, then enjoy. If not, you'll run out of patience with it fast. If this review doesn't tell you how bad the launch was, it had a price drop within the first week... Expand
  8. Jul 3, 2012
    Initial release was way too buggy but after 1.02 patch most SP issues I had are fixed. MP is great when you find servers that favors team play. This is a serious sim-like 1-shot-1-kill no-frigging-bunny-jumping game so if you're looking for BF3 or CoD in WW2 setting you're far off.
  9. Jan 24, 2013
    This game has a huge potential, but its so buggy it is no fun to play it!
    It looks great and you maybe think about checking it out but you will regret it! The Westernfront DLC is not improved its also as buggy as the original game! The fanboys here that talk about small bugs are either idiots or they dont know what a bug is! This game is like playing a alpha! For example the DayZ Alpha
    isnt half as bugged as this!
    Stay away from this friends!
  10. Aug 14, 2012
    The game is unfinished and sloppy. Control schemes are awful and the flow of the game is atrocious. The German single player has some guy with a high pitched voice screaming at you all the time and to make it worse the actor does the voice of several characters. Tutorials are worthless. It teaches you to do basic obvious things but not the trickier aspects of the game like moving Anti-tank guns, equipping things, or the more strategic aspects of the game. Newbies have to seek net forums just to learn how to do simple tasks. Combat is weak too. Lots of bugs and many sights are more restrictive than helpful. I managed to get through a lot of the single player but with a lot of frustration. Not fun and not worth the 20 bucks I paid during Summer Sale. Expand
  11. Dec 14, 2012
    Two points are awarded for major features and one point is awarded for minor features of the game (positive or negative points).

Positive Points:
  12. Jul 16, 2012
    The people giving this game low scores are used to cawadoody or battlefield games. This game might be too complex if you are that kind of person. Strategy fans will love this game. This isn't for the casual gamer like the people giving this game 0. This game is awesome you should buy it!
  13. Nov 8, 2012
    This game is a kind of WW2 arma, under some points of view i even have to say it is better, developers are working hard right now to improve it, and after all of this work and new upcoming DLCs this game will become spectacular
  14. Jul 2, 2013
    very disappointing!!! hate hate hate this game!!,unfinished, the AI sucks, and the only thing is good is multi-player. don't be a sucker!!! DO NOT BUY
  15. Jun 11, 2012
    Iron Front Liberation 1944 feels like ArmA 2 in a WO2 setting. But it's definitely an improved version of ArmA 2 with better tank combat, better animations and great map/unit design. Infantry combat and dogfights are also a lot of fun. While the singleplayer campaign is a bit buggy (they're already fixing that!), this is a game you should buy for the editor and the multiplayer. Multiplayer comes with a lot of co-op and pvp missions like capture&hold or blitzkrieg. Now all this game needs are some more players! Expand
  16. Jun 6, 2012
    Its a good game. Great idea for a game just made by the wrong ppl. I mean i run CoD WaW (requires the same graphics card) on the lowest settings and i cant even run this on lowest just too much of a hardware request. and i cant even play multiplayer for it. its a waste of money but i like the idea and the way it works just too much of a hardware request
  17. Aug 24, 2013
    Oh god was this game one of the worst decisions of my life, it is buggy choppy and everything seems done half fast. Its already the end of august and I don't see any improvements on the game at all. It appears to be abandoned. If you like slamming your keyboard and rethinking your life buy this game, if not do not buy. Big waste of money, I could think of about 50 different games I could of bought besides this one for $29.99. Do not get, the most time I put into it is like 6 hours and that's like on 2 levels cause there so bad. Voice acting was just terrible... the cut scenes are just atrocious and this game was a big waste of time do not buy from any source no matter the sale even if on steam or any other vendor. Good luck Expand
  18. Dec 26, 2012
    Super MP/CoOp strategic action. Huge maps and a real feel of tension. If it was not because my otherwise very stable play computer freezes now and then due to graphics driver issues I would have given a 10 but they are still updating on the game so I hoping.

I'm back after about a 6 month period. If there are still those freezing is a 6 figure probably more appropriate .... But damn
    take me, I'm crazy about the game even though it is on the 6.

Sorry for my google english :(
  19. Feb 28, 2013
    an unfinished game with glitches bugs and whatsoever.Looked good in the eye but gameplay is a piece of sh#£t .if u already bought the game, i hope u already disappointed..
  20. Jun 20, 2012
    It's pretty sad when some of the "so-called" professional reviewers are clearly biased or at the least, not PC gamers. But I guess this is somewhat expected considering Arma 2 got mixed reviews as well. The simple question is this, "If you like the Arma series and want something different, give this a try.". Especially if you like the East Front.
  21. May 29, 2012
    I always had a desire to play a first person shooter game, the first one I ever bought was Modern Warfare 3. I never really cared about all the hate, I just wanted to see it was fun, and it was, sort of .... But anyway, that kind of killed that desire after the firs two hours of gameplay, it was completely mediocre, and the community kept getting worse and worse around me. I killed a guy that was shooting me and someone called me a kill stealing **** Fine, that one failed to fill my wants.

After several months, I see this release, and I thought that it would be great, maybe not have a bad community, even if it was a small one. The first two hours were filled with bugs, I was on highest graphics and I had to be two feet away for textures to actually load, my brand new gaming laptop could barely keep it at 30 frames. There was a lack of animations, the voice acting was bad, unnecessary cut scenes that dragged it on... I saved before doing something so I can act stupid and shoot somebody because I was a bit bored, and I got sent to an execution cut scene that lasted about 3 minutes. When I went to reload the save, it was gone, only much later (about an hour and a half) did I find out that saves were deleted upon aborting he mission or leaving the game, so you need to find the time to sit down and play an entire mission. The tutorial alone took me about 30 minutes to complete before I reached the paratrooper part, and ten it auto saved, twenty minutes later after dealing with some bugged out people and a cut scene and walking around for a while, the game crashed for no reason at all. When I went back into the game, the auto save the game put me through was gone. I am assuming that the saves are loaded upon death, but since I never died (other than the execution that put me back to the main menu) I was never able to figure that out. I really do not feel like playing for another two hours to deal with all of that. I don't even know how long the first mission is, it could be three hours for all I know. A couple of minor issues: In the tutorial, I was given a rocket launcher, the metal shielding took up about 75% of my screen, when I tried zooming into the little sight hole on it, it only zoomed further into the shield blocking all of my vision. It seems like there was no thought put into that, the player gets the zoom function, and the weapons have little to no actual influence on the zoom function. There is no immersion to be found, not when I am standing three feet away staring at this utterly blank, and fuzzy radio, dealing with a complete lack of animations, bad voice acting, scarily emotionless AI, 2-D trees surrounding me.... Even when some of the textures load, they are really fuzzy. I would hate to see the game in low graphics settings. I usually would not hate something based off of the first 3% of it, but there is just no excuse to release something like this for $30. The multiplayer not withstanding, it may as well not have any, I keep seeing servers with 2500 ping, is that even possible? I couldn't even stand multiplayer at all, it may be fun, but the singleplayer just turned me off from it.
  22. May 29, 2012
    This is the best $27 I ever spent. If you like Arma 2 and you like WW2 titles, you'll LOVE this game. I've got a thing for bolt action rifles and this title delivers. Getting kills with the German Kar 98 is extremely satisfying. The maps are down right beautiful and the terrains excellent. I think the AI provides just enough challenge. But the best part is that every multiplayer map can be played cooperatively against AI as well. This means there's a ton of coop maps right out of the box... more so than Arma 2 provided. I think Deep Silver did a phenomenal job. Expand
  23. May 27, 2012
    This is worth the money just for the models and the maps alone - stunning quality. Yes, there are some bugs (the major online bugs have already been fixed) and the campaigns could do with some of the triggers being amended, but it is otherwise very well done. Those not used the Arma engine may have a steeper learning curve, but the campaign tutorials do a good job of taking you through the many controls. Online is great fun and a good alternative to Red Orchestra 2. Some people have suffered game crashes, but so far it has not crashed once for me and I have played through both campaigns and spent a lot of time online playing on my server.

Online the game comes loaded with a lot of PvP (King of the Hill, Advance and Secure etc) type missions, there are also death matches and TvT too. There are some co-op missions there too, but less focus is given to these as apposed to the Arma series where there were more co-op missions out of the box.

The game has a lot of potential in that the Arma editor is here, as is the massive script library (with a few nice IF additions). Very soon the community content will start rolling and this game will then really come into it's own.

This is so much more than a mod or addon and is worth the money. Don't forget as well that the RRP of this game is only half that of a mainstream big publisher game - it's a steal really.

Warning though - if twitch shooters are your thing and/or you hate Arma and games like Red Orchestra 2 - this may not be for you. It's a tactical shooter that operates at a slower pace and the real joy is playing online with like-minded friends.

I'm having great fun with it so far.
  24. May 30, 2012
    Usually I am quite fair when rating games but this one I am going to have an exception for. It is the worst game I have every played in my whole life, the graphics are bad, the physics are terrible, the controls are fiddly, the sensitivity is weird and I actually felt upset after spending £20.00 on it. Contacted steam and negotiated how I could get my money back it was that bad. Seriously DO NOT spend your money on this game people it's worth about £0.20 at most. Expand
  25. May 25, 2012
    This is ARMA2 with ww2 guns, same bugs and high system requirements. It gives you too little for the cost and it feels like a unfinished mod. I would recommend you to avoid this game unless you liked ARMA2.
  26. May 27, 2012
    Long time waited for and finally arrived in incredible beautifullness! Almost all what WW2 tactical players waited for and it´s just the beginning. Serious WW2 interested tactical gamers will find so many things to like, including realism (armor system, mines, just to name some unique things) that even vanilla ARMA2 can´t quite offer without heavy modworks. Is it perfect for an initial release? No, surely not, but Devs will surely work hard again, to iron out inevitable bugs and keep improving things that are ready to enjoy right now. From my exitement and happyness, I give a plain 9! Thanks AWAR, X1, DS and BI for a great release. Expand
  27. May 27, 2012
    If you already like the wonderful sandbox game called ArmA2, and it's incredible freedom, you'll obviously like Iron Front. The campaigns are very nice, immersive, and as usual the mission editor makes the lifetime of the game endless.
    Of course, the game is demanding, the learning curve may be steep but it's incredibly rewarding.
    The campaign includes a tutorial quite well done, which
    helps player to get into the game.
    But you'll still play it, or another game of the OFP/ArmA franchise in ten years.

Don't listen to stupid bashing here and there, this game really deserves a try !
  28. May 27, 2012
    I've been waiting for this for a longtime and I was extremely impressed by the effort put into it by the development team. The game engine is solid and the scale of the maps and attention to detail is outstanding. The new gameplay modes are also alot of fun when your with firends, regulars or even a clan you can team up with. The editor is also a fanstasic feature extending hours of playability with missions which can be shared with the community. For me, Iron Front is a winner and I absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for a worthwhile WW2 game experience. Expand
  29. May 27, 2012
    This game is just insane, it has some small bugs at release like all games, but they will get fixed soon. But apart from that, I have never seen such an amazing battles. If you like WW2: this is your game.
  30. May 27, 2012
    Great engine, nice content, huge potential.

This is the biggest and best game featuring combined arms warfare from a first-person-view in a WW2 scenario. (beside "Battleground Europe" a pay-to-play mmorpg). All it needs are many people, who buy and want to play it..
    It will make "Battlefield1+2" and "Red Orchestra: Ostfront" players really happy + bring that type of gameplay to another
    level.
    Huge maps, a lot content, great ballistics, dynamic weather, day/night...a running clock.
  31. May 27, 2012
    Iron Front Liberation 1944 offers us the most wide war experecience that any PC game can offer and still keeps its realism. IFL actually even improves realism by adding advanced systems that was not present in ARMA2. It is not game for any player, its not even game for massive amout of players. It actually targets specific gamers area and thats those who like WWII and who like realism.
    More realistic game is, more the gameplay suffers and many people cannot understand or accept it and thats their problem.
    For me there is just a little to improve and than is time to keep adding more and more content :-)
    Developers are my heros for this piece
  32. May 27, 2012
    I can't recommend this enough. ARMA players will know what to expect but may be pleasantly surprised by the tweaks to the RV Engine. I was not an ARMA player. I came from Doom and quake to Day of Defeat, to CS and on to source before heading to COD and BFBC 1 and 2 and then BF3 with a sprinkling of Red orchestra 2. All of them left me wanting more realism, more complexity, and most importantly, more fun. Iron Front: Liberation delivers on all accounts. The game looks sharp for an older engine but really shines in the gameplay department. My first reaction was frustration with the depth of the game-play, but after a few hours getting used to the layout I found myself having more fun playing an FPS than I can remember. it's rough around the edges but has an involved dev team and community who have already smoothed a majority of the bugs that plagued my first hour. From a new convert to RV Engine driven shooters I highly recommend this game to WWII buffs and those shooter fans looking for greater challenges and greater realism. Expand
  33. May 28, 2012
    Very good and realistic FPS, with huge content. Set in the eastern front of WW2, between the Wehrmacht and the Red Army and based on the later ARMA2 game engine, You can play as a soldier, pilot or tank crew in one of the dozens of vehicles available. The tank combat is superb and incorporates some of the best 3D modelling, ballistics and effects I have seen in any game. If you are new to the ARMA style of gameplay you will need to learn the keys and commands, which are more comprehensive than other FPS. There is a good mission editor which allows the player to create almost any scenario they wish, and there will be a lot of community created missions as with the ARMA series. If you want a very realistic, open expansive WW2 combat simulation - this is a must have. Expand
  34. May 28, 2012
    If you enjoy ArmA 2 you will enjoy this. Very detailed models and textures of German and Russian infantry and vehicles. The maps provided are also very detailed, with the largest map being 256km squared in size. There are detailed towns and villages as well as forests and other terrain like ditches for cover. There are campaigns for both sides complete with voice acting and cutscenes however like ArmA 2's campaigns they do suffer from some scripting issues occasionally which can easily be fixed in a future update.

There is a mission editor included that is essentially the same as ArmA 2's as both games use the same engine. You can create an infinite variety of missions using this ranging from small infantry skirmishes all the way up to epic tank battles with dozens of tanks.

The game includes some advanced features including a detailed armour penetration and damage model for vehicles, deployable and movable heavy weapons including AT guns, tweaked AI, tank riders, custom animations and a reskinned UI help make the game feel like a standalone game rather than a modification. Considering I got the game for the same price as an expansion pack I felt there was alot of value for money here.

All up this is one of those games that you get as much out of it as you put in. The most fun to be had is in the mission editor creating your own missions to play. Missions you make will rarely play out the same way twice as the AI reacts dynamically during combat and does not move to set paths which gives this game infinite replay value. Its even better if you have some friends to play this with as you can all create missions for each other to play in as the game has full multiplayer support allowing you to play these missions online as well.
  35. May 28, 2012
    Overall i consider this game the best EVER WW2 FPS game. GRAPHICS In many aspects better than any other WW2 FPS and in some aspects, inferior, overall, clearly above average. When flying it looks way better than IL2xxxx and is only second to Wings of Prey (IMHO). SOUND Sound is great with except some voices bugs soon to be iron out.... GAMEPLAY If you like the typical COD headless chicken run you won't be happy.....if you want something more tactical, you will be happy..
    Notice that this game is NOT tactical in excess....

AIRPLANES,
    Not as hard/complex to fly as in a IL2Sxxxx but clearly not as arcade as BF2/BF3.
    Very nice indeed....and lots of fun also playing maps of aerial combat :)

LAND VEHICLES
    THIS is where this game shines....YOU NEVER saw destruction of vehicles this way !!!!
    ....and depending of server parameters, debris can stay 5, 10 or during complete map !!!
    You also don't stumble on debris and kick them like the ridiculous way of the Frostbite engine.

VEGETATION /HOUSE DESTRUCTION
    A bit binary (except multistore buildings when is not that binary)...but still, very well done and not excessive or too little.

EDITOR
    YES, it has one to you make SP, COOP and MP maps/missions :)
    Ã
  36. May 28, 2012
    Much like ArmA 2, this game will be worth playing once the modding community fixes it. The campaign (again much like ArmA 2) has been ruined by the horrible AI and poor scripting. With ArmA 3 around the corner however this game will probably be fairly short lived.
  37. Jun 1, 2012
    Just wanted to point out that the guy with review about emails is full of **** They've patched it twice in a week and already announced a polish army addon. Anyways, The comprehensive editor automatically garners this game a 5. Any modder that loves to tinker with games should buy this game. Any dev team that supports modding gets points in my book. The game revolves around Poland during WW2, Features some of the most Realistic tanking in Gaming(WW2OL aside) and focuses on more on airpower then Arma2. Monte 28 pretty much sums up the rest of the game.

The game gets a 9 only because of the bugs and crashing at launch, but hey. I haven't played a game that wasn't buggy at launch. As for CTDs, I've only experienced 2 CTDs since launch. Take that as you will.
  38. F_x
    Jun 2, 2012
    Let's be honest: IF44 is really special... What you need to play it successfully is patience, maturity, a certain passion for sand-box, primarily freedom-oriented military games, willingness to learn new things and finally create a long-lasting platform for maximum enjoyment. However, be advised of complexity of the engine IF44 is built on - it isn't anything similar to linear experience. You can merely put hundreds of units on the map (mission editor - pure awesomeness!) and every time you restart the game the battle will progress differently. Although several bugs are still present after recent patches, they're nothing compared to what possibilities the game itself delivers to an open-minded gamer. Feel free to buy and explore it by yourself. You may find it unexpectedly attractive just as I did. The reason I wrote this tiny review is to express my gratitude to the developers of IF44 for their enthusiasm and motivation. Expand
  39. Jun 8, 2012
    As others have pointed out, the game is flawed with bugs galore, similar to those found in Arma 2. Particularly single player mission triggers often fail to work, and I had crashes and odd interactivity problems again and again. One mission had me sitting there waiting for a Red Army attack that never came. I decided to scout around a bit and found a Russian mortar team just standing there. Walked right up to them and shot them one by one point blank. I uninstalled it right after that. If they fix this stuff, it could be pretty good. I liked Arma 2 okay in the instances when it worked, and I very much like the looks of this game, which are pretty stunning - wide open outdoor spaces, great looking vehicle models, accurate detailing. I'll be waiting another few months to see, but I don't hold much hope and absolutely cannot recommend this game for purchase. I'm frankly shocked that there are people out there saying they had no problems. I don't mind a little glitch here and there - I expect it - but this title is full of them from minute 1, in my experience. Expand
  40. Jun 25, 2012
    Lonqvist Jun 25, 2012 Ok, here we go! You like and expect fast and cinematic shooting action like BF3 or MW3? Don't buy this game; You like and expect perfectly scripted cut-scenes and flawless AI? Don't buy this game; You like virtual firefights without the need of strategic insights? Don't buy this game; You own a mid-range PC or worse? Don't try this game! But, If you are a WWII fan, especially interested in German and Russian warfare? Try this game! If you like creating your own WWII infantry or tank battles and you're familiar with the Arma I/II mission editor? Try this game! If you are still enthusiastic after reading this short review and own a big ass, High End PC with at least an i5 or i7 Quad core, at least 16GB of RAM and a heavy duty graphics card (maybe 2), well... This will be YOUR game! Expand
  41. May 27, 2013
    This game has been long since abandoned by the developer.

Just so people know, all the reviews submitted since the 27th of May 2013 are FAKE
    users like ProfTournesol and Jedra work for the developer, a quick check of their forum
    will confirm this.
  42. Jul 17, 2012
    I have read the critics reviews and some of the player reviews as well. I understand their frustration or lack of appreciation for this game. My take on it is, this game isn't for the teen players. Its not BF3 et.al. It for the more mature, team based, prior service player who loves history and is tired of the "technology" used in so many of the other games which tells you where the enemy and friendlies are at all times. This game is hard to master but simple to play once you understand it based on reality. For instance, you can't get into a jeep's drivers seat by walking up on the right side. To get in the drivers seat, like in reality, you approach from the left. There aren't any "bonus skills" like fast reloads, or "killstreaks". It just straight up old fashioned weaponry that requires actual aiming if you are going to his anything.
    The best part about this game are the maps and the growing community of serious players. There are several but Forgotten Honor is a good start for someone looking to play with some experienced players. Good luck and good gaming.
  43. Jul 20, 2012
    I bought this game hoping for an exciting, tactical battle-zone filled with fast paced fire-fights, tank battles and dogfights. I hoped for too much. The controls for this game are pretty complicated, so for a new person for me, it was very confusing. Now i have an O.K computer, with an I-3 processor it's pretty new (relatively speaking) , but the amount of crashes, frame-rate drops and times when the entire video just bugged out, this game has problems that shouldn't be there. But (when it works) it actually contains most of the realism you would expect from an Arma game. The air combat is not too bad, and the guns for the aircraft are pretty well balanced. Don't expect to hit a few times and watch them explode, and you're actually quite vulnerable in the air as i found out. The vehicles are also well made and look almost exactly like the real thing, but in heavy tank battles, it took a while before anyone got killed. In Arma 2, you could be shot from 400 metres and not know what hit you, but in this, the firefights are much more localised. As long as the A.I doesn't crash you're own vehicle into a building (happened to me a few times). As a summary, A.I-Kind of dumb at times. Combat- can be fun, sometimes great. Problems-crashes, lots of 'em. And the Campaign Speech doesn't even match the subtitles at times. Graphics-with a high specification computer, downright beautiful, with a low specification computer, a bit pixel-ly at times, but its bearable. If you want it, you should have bought it months ago, as it's being beaten now by games dedicated to one field, such as Sturmovik IL-2, but its good as a jack of all trades, (definitely) master of none. Expand
  44. Dec 12, 2012
    Ok so its slightly glitchy but any fan of ARMA should love this, i wouldnt pay much attention to the critics. Not for Cod Fans however.
    Sadly just needs some polish here and there.
  45. Jan 5, 2013
    I have been an avid arma/ flashpoint fan since the beginning, it is superior for realistic combat and the ability to create your own missions adds infinite replay value to the game. It might feel clunky at first but once you get used to the engine/ mechanics you realize that its all other shooters that are flawed ,in the sense that they dont take into account how a soldier would move with 100lbs of gear, or how he would react under fire, and if you get shot in the arm, you cant shoot straight etc. So what im trying to get at here is that if youre looking for an arcade shooter, this games not for you at all, hell its not for anyone. now if your are an arma fan, heres where my review actually begins. This game cost me $26 with the expansion, and that was on steam sale too, for a conversion mod for arma 2, not much different from Vietnam, the experience or the balkan war mod, EXCEPT THOSE WERE F R E E ! Now i didnt mind the idea of paying for arma 2 converted to ww2 because in my experience total conversion mods come with a whole plethora of bugs and usually the ambient combat doesnt work too well. I figured id buy this game to hopefully avoid all those problems. And what do I find? not only does the ambient combat not work but the troops themselves are broken. Russian troops show up as enemies for some reason so when i try to place allies and soviets on the map they shoot each other. What really pissed me off though was that when i went to make my own d-day in the editor on omaha beach, the germans and allies are FRIENDLY!!!!! WTF? But wait, theres more. I dont even think there are 25 guns total in this game, loadout is basic, and to top off poor weapon selection half of the audio files for the guns sound like they were recorded on someones phone, in a big empty room, off a **** low fi youtube video of the intended weapon sound. so to recap, editor sucks, weapons are lame, AI is terrible, and the maps are average looking. all in all i got a so-so conversion mod for arma 2 that doesnt work half as well, or even come close to the amount of content found in most conversion mods on armaholic. By comparison, Vietnam the experience comes with about 25 maps to play with. some are small but most are pretty huge. It adds close to 100 small arms weapons to the game and a whole army of aircraft and tanks. The soldiers all look great as well as the maps themselves, and the editor works just as well as it does for arma2 vanilla. All in all, its not a terrible game, and if it were a mod id give it a 7. But because its nothing more than a $26 mod for a game i own, and failed to live up to any of the other conversion mods out there that are all free mind you, i give it an F- 0% total failure and a waste of money Expand
  46. Feb 3, 2013
    Well now, here is a real review from a well trusted source http://www.simhq.com/_land3/land_131a.html Clearly these so called "critics" here are not one for this type of game. Of course all games that come out have some sort of bug or bugs, its the nature of the business. Do yourself a favor, don't listen to critics, try it for yourself and trust me you will not believe how amazing it is. By the way a DLC and a few patches have since come out....where's Metacritic's follow-up review? Expand
  47. Nov 22, 2013
    I've been playing this through fully patched, and I must say I really like it compared to release. At maturity, it is definitely better and deserves a higher score.
  48. May 27, 2012

It

1. Aug 1, 2012
    At its release Iron Front: Liberation 1944 is plagued by a number of bugs. Mission triggers don't work, the AI leaves a lot to desire and so does the story. The game works well in multiplayer though, where the scale of huge battlefields plays to the strengths of the complex military simulation at its heart.
    It is not finished! The state this game was release in cannot be called anything other than beta. [July 2012]
  3. Jul 24, 2012