Jack Keane PC

7.0

1. Hypershadow
    May 17, 2008
    Decent game.. worthwhile I guess if one likes adventure games and has played the rest... shouldn't be compared in the same breath as Monkey Island series.. despite the lack of scenery (which I like in adventure games) I found the Sam & Max series much more fun as it had better dialog and clever writing. Pros: - Nice changes in scenery. - Serviceable graphics. - Easy to move Decent game.. worthwhile I guess if one likes adventure games and has played the rest... shouldn't be compared in the same breath as Monkey Island series.. despite the lack of scenery (which I like in adventure games) I found the Sam & Max series much more fun as it had better dialog and clever writing. Pros: - Nice changes in scenery. - Serviceable graphics. - Easy to move around/navigation. - Some puzzles are interesting I guess. - Puzzles aren't hard so the game can be finished without ever having to resort to a walk through. Cons: - Uninspired characters (mostly cheap stereotypes). Even the main character is "normal" - The mission is pretty boring (stopping a guy trying to control the tea market) - Missing cutscenes when solving parts of some puzzles that make one think, "Wait a minute, that didn't make sense, how did that work" (although these are kept to a relative minimum) - Uninspired dialog that at times tries to be funny, but I never once found myself laughing... the closest I came was "Potato Face".. A lot of dialog is repetitive.. doesn't recognize you've ask it before so you often hear the same boring stuff over and over which takes away the mood/atmosphere. After a while I just found myself skipping the dialog as I stopped caring. - Statue'esqu characters during dialog or analyzing items (most notably that Amanda girl) - A bunch of small things. 1) Common sense things that should be able to be done during puzzles, but can't "I can't reach that item" yet there is a ladder or steps right there.. Climb up the F#$# ladder! Yet later as a 2ft kid you can reach something 10 feet high no problem. 2) Outdated avatars. "Oh no they took my knife" yet you play half the game with your character clearly still carrying his knife. 3) Outdated dialog. Quest related to a certain dialog remains and you start talking about stuff you already did like you haven't done it. 4) Encountered a nasty bug that froze during a cutscene and instead of re-doing 45 minutes of gameplay I quit and never finished the game (it was about 3/4ths of the way through in Dr. T's office near a meat-eating plant). Expand
  2. AndreasS
    Dec 28, 2009
    Some of the puzzles were designed really bad but it still is a nice and funny adventure game with a bit outdated graphics and very well done character animations in the cutscenes.

It's an enjoyable romp of a point and click adventure, it manages to maintain a fun sense of humour, and it is the perfect antidote to the domination of instant gratification in first-person shooters and real-time strategy games.
  2. AceGamez
    Jack Keane is the most enjoyable point-and-click adventure I've played in a long time. It will appeal to almost every adventure fan, as the puzzles gradually get harder, while the game successfully reproduces the vibrant, humorous and slick atmosphere and antics of beloved classics of this proud genre, like Sam & Max and Monkey Island.
  3. Actually worse than "Ankh" in many respects.