6.2

1. Jun 13, 2013
    As an avid JA2 fan I bought the Ivan package and I'm having good fun with it. Granted, it's not as deep as the old game, but the campaign is fun and there is a LOT (as in 30+ hours and counting) of content in the 25 bucks package, not to mention the insane number of guns you can collect.

Why this is f2p I don't know seems more like a PvP demo (I don't really play PvP), but if you treat
    it as the packaged game it is it's actually decent value for money and you get more hours of game time than most AAA titles these days.

So in total it's not quite JA2, but if you want a trip down memory lane that will last you a long time it's money well spent (and I'm enjoying it a lot more than that pseudo-RTS crap that was BIA).
  2. Jun 13, 2013
    I like the game really much and would also recommend it to every friend (to whom I didn't do so far I already checked out this game months ago and lost attention because of suboptimal balancing and not enough attention from my side because I went on holiday. But now I came back and it is soo much better. I really enjoy it, because it gives me fun whenever I login (even in small pauses in work for a short session). Once one develops some personal strategies in PvP this really gets deep and really depends on the strategy. Some like to rush, some like to be carefull. But whoever you gonna be......I get you Expand
  3. Jun 20, 2013
    Don't know why everybody just rates a 0, have you ever played it?

This game is a nice Free2Play PvP game.
    If you want to play it in Single-Player Mode (Missions and such), you have to pay one time, but for such a cheap price, that it was a no brainer for me.
    Espacially for the game time I got out of it.
  4. Jun 20, 2013
    For my part I really like the game. As I am only playing it for the PvP part (and this part really is free 2 play) I am very happy with it.

So 2 thumbs up from me
  5. Jun 20, 2013
    While it does not mirror the complexity of JA2, it has other advantages (such as accessibility) and I find myself returning to it regularly. IT actually has now held me for longer than many top scoring games.
  6. Jun 21, 2013
    Quite a good game. Very enjoyable. Fairly priced on Steam given the content provided. If you want to play a nice turn based strategy game in kind of short (approx. 30-60 minutes) sessions this is the right game for you.
    Admittedly this game does not have the complexity of the new X-COM but it still is good game.
    If you do not want to pay up front you are free to play PvP for as long as
    you want. I was able to get all that I needed in game without spending additional money.
    The support team is helpful and quite fast to respond to any questions asked.
  7. Jun 21, 2013
    I'm pretty new to the Jagged Alliance setting, but I do love what I see. The gameplay is easy enough to understand and learn, I love the comments the mercs make and the concept of how the contracts work. I am surprised about the community, as well. It's a very friendly and helpful one, ask anything in the chat and at least 3 people will answer you with help and advice if not a mod is online anyway. I bought the campaign and am now in the mid-30 level area. Some of the missions are really tough so that I have already spent hours on trying different strategies in different missions, just because it's fun and because I enjoy it. So, a clear 9 from me for this game. Expand
  8. Aug 19, 2013
    Finally a newer Jagged Alliance game that doesn't suck. I was a massive fan of JA1 & 2, but every other jagged alliance game I played was rubbish till now.

JA online is highly addictive and free to play! I strongly suggest buying the single player campaign which contains a lot of extra content. The patches that come out are good and it seems the developers really care about what the
    players think. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Aug 27, 2013
    An acceptable solution for the time-poor, but unless you've played them to death, you're better off with the originals. [Sept 2013, p.90]