James Bond 007: Blood Stone PC

7.1

1. Nov 20, 2015
    Blood Stone is not going to blow your mind with anything new and you'll breeze through the short campaign quickly but no other Bond game has come this close to replicating the action of the films, and that's exactly what you play a Bond game for in the first place.

If you're a fan of Craig's take on bond and you can find this game cheap you'll undoubtedly enjoy it. Just don't go into it expecting an original take on the cover-shooter genre or a huge AAA experience.
  2. Aug 12, 2014
    Great under rated game. Original story, nice presentation. Feels like a Bond movie to me. For when it came out the graphics were subpar and the game is not very deep or long. It seemed dated compared to other games of that era. It probably got the proper reviews as a new game for $60 in 2010. But prices change and graphics quality is all relative. As a cheap used game it isGreat under rated game. Original story, nice presentation. Feels like a Bond movie to me. For when it came out the graphics were subpar and the game is not very deep or long. It seemed dated compared to other games of that era. It probably got the proper reviews as a new game for $60 in 2010. But prices change and graphics quality is all relative. As a cheap used game it is certainly worth a play through. Had this game came out 4 years earlier it would have been considered a AAA title.

The cinematics and scripted events are beautiful. The driving really fun. The stealth and shooting so-so. The models and faces not so great. Original actors doing the voices, Judy Dench and Daniel Craig. They also give the graphics a cool grainy film effect that gives it a unique cinematic look.

I gotta be honest, as a Bond fan I found myself playing this game several times over just to see an original story, hear the music and geek out on Bond. Takes just a few hours even at the hardest difficulty.

I appreciate how the now defunct developer tried to make something other than a boring FPS clone. They were heading in the right direction, unfortunately Activision just couldn't give it the love it deserved. They followed this up with uninspired CoD clones Golden Eye, which was just alright, and Legends which was laughable.

If you are a Bond fan, like video games and have proper expectations this game is definitely worth picking up cheap. If getting the PC version be sure to max out the graphic settings.
  3. Jan 26, 2014
    Solid 9 for effort. I gave it ten to balance out the user score. Didnt expect much from this movie tie in. Pleasantly surprised. Very pretty, cinematic. Reminds me of the jason bourne game. The vehicle sections are handled well given the games developed by the people behind Project Gotham Racing series, you'd expect no less. I'd strongly suggest playing at the hardest difficulty settingSolid 9 for effort. I gave it ten to balance out the user score. Didnt expect much from this movie tie in. Pleasantly surprised. Very pretty, cinematic. Reminds me of the jason bourne game. The vehicle sections are handled well given the games developed by the people behind Project Gotham Racing series, you'd expect no less. I'd strongly suggest playing at the hardest difficulty setting (available)

Best bond game since Goldeneye
  4. Mar 31, 2013
    The seventh generation, this is the best James Bond game I think. It is true that only 8 points evaluated, but this is my opinion. Good gameplay, the voices are those of the atmosphere as well. The graphics are beautiful. Do not be surprised if 2013 would be as good. Now comes the black soup! The control of the car chase with quite low, because if you hit something, it turned out, so weThe seventh generation, this is the best James Bond game I think. It is true that only 8 points evaluated, but this is my opinion. Good gameplay, the voices are those of the atmosphere as well. The graphics are beautiful. Do not be surprised if 2013 would be as good. Now comes the black soup! The control of the car chase with quite low, because if you hit something, it turned out, so we can start again from the control point. Well I have to say that was the, 8/10. Expand
  5. Feb 12, 2013
    i wasn't expecting much, but it was a great game. it reminds me of goldeneye, not quite on the same level but its still fun to play. it is a bit short and nothing really memorable to get from it. i still don't exactly know what the bloodstone is. but the game does have some nice semi qte type gameplay. not button pressing but more pin pointing dots on your screen. its like a mini game, ini wasn't expecting much, but it was a great game. it reminds me of goldeneye, not quite on the same level but its still fun to play. it is a bit short and nothing really memorable to get from it. i still don't exactly know what the bloodstone is. but the game does have some nice semi qte type gameplay. not button pressing but more pin pointing dots on your screen. its like a mini game, in the game. it also has some nice car chasing gameplay but nothing spectacular. although the boat chasing was pretty good. it does have lots of nice explosions and sound effects. Expand
  6. Aug 4, 2012
    I waited for the game 007 Bloodstone from the announcement. I'm a fan of the last two Bond movies, and thought that this game will be at least the same as Quantum of Solace. I'm very much mistaken! This game is much worse than Quantum of Solace! The only thing that there is a well-made ​​racing missions. Everything else here is very bad!Almost no plot at all there. I expectedI waited for the game 007 Bloodstone from the announcement. I'm a fan of the last two Bond movies, and thought that this game will be at least the same as Quantum of Solace. I'm very much mistaken! This game is much worse than Quantum of Solace! The only thing that there is a well-made ​​racing missions. Everything else here is very bad!Almost no plot at all there. I expected that at least will intrigue. But they, like a normal story, no! So I recommend to play this game the most loyal fans of James Bond. And I personally was disappointed! Expand
  7. Jun 9, 2012
    This game is a good game. Graphics, sounds. Looks like than Sprintel Cell with Daniel Craig and it's soo good. I don't remember the movie, but the game story is okay.
  8. Nov 12, 2011
    "James Bond 007: Blood Stone" is one great game created by Activision. Sure, the story and gameplay is very linear and the third person camera may be groggy, but the beautiful graphics and awesome melee combat covers the gaps for the game. The voice acting is terrific, and the car chase actions are just **** awesome. A must play for everyone, kindergardners and Bond fans alike!!!
  9. Jul 21, 2011
    I almost let the critics' reviews stop me from buying Blood Stone. Sure, it doesn't reinvent the genre, but it's a fun, solid Bond experience throughout. Being pretty to look at helps, but at its core it provides a good mix of stealth and action (although the cover system isn't quite as good as Quantum of Solace's) and the race sequences are tons of fun. Crank up the difficulty if you findI almost let the critics' reviews stop me from buying Blood Stone. Sure, it doesn't reinvent the genre, but it's a fun, solid Bond experience throughout. Being pretty to look at helps, but at its core it provides a good mix of stealth and action (although the cover system isn't quite as good as Quantum of Solace's) and the race sequences are tons of fun. Crank up the difficulty if you find things a little too easy, and pick it up on sale if you're on the fence. (Like I did!) Expand
  10. Jul 1, 2011
    Nothing you have not seen done better elsewhere, but still a fun way to spend 5-7 hours in the single player campaign. The overall feeling is that of an arcade version of "Splinter Cell: Conviction" but with signature Bond skin (voices of D. Craig and J. Dench, Bondian music and story, film-like structure and cut-scenes, exotic locales, chases on foot and in various vehicles, huge explosioâ
  11. Jul 1, 2011
    The 007 games have had a long history of sucking. Trust me I know. Sense i was a little kid I have been a bond fan. Watched all of the movies. I remember playing 007 goldeneye on the Nintendo 64 when i was a kid, sadly that was the last good 007 game I remember, till now. You probably don't want to buy a bad game, But that is indefinably not going to happen when you buy 007 Bloodstone, itThe 007 games have had a long history of sucking. Trust me I know. Sense i was a little kid I have been a bond fan. Watched all of the movies. I remember playing 007 goldeneye on the Nintendo 64 when i was a kid, sadly that was the last good 007 game I remember, till now. You probably don't want to buy a bad game, But that is indefinably not going to happen when you buy 007 Bloodstone, it seems as thou Activision, has made a HUGE impact on the 007 franchise, and have made HUGE improvements. Their recent 007 games Quantum of Solace, and Goldeneye on the Wii, are very good games, I'd recommend them to you also. However, in my opinion Bloodstone is the best of the three, if you want a true bond, experience this is the game to get. Expand
  12. Jun 30, 2011
    James Bond 007: Blood Stone is a masterpiece! A brilliant game with cinematic views combined with easy and swift game play. In a nutshell: The game is and looks great!
  13. Jun 30, 2011
    007 Blood Stone is not just a sequel from the James Bond game series. I admit that I am a Bond fan nevertheless the first game in the series - Quantum of Solace achieved no professional standards in my opinion. Compared with the first release - the 2010 sequel made a quantum leap. The Bond game series achieved a whole new level with amazing surroundings and exiting game play.
  14. Dec 2, 2010
    FUN gameplay. This game seems like a dumb downed Splinter Cell, but that means you have a lot of fast paced action. The graphics are passable, but some textures look poor. This game really captures the James Bond style of beating people up with melee attacks. The car chases are a great addition. I would recommend this game if you find it cheap or rent it as it's not very long and theFUN gameplay. This game seems like a dumb downed Splinter Cell, but that means you have a lot of fast paced action. The graphics are passable, but some textures look poor. This game really captures the James Bond style of beating people up with melee attacks. The car chases are a great addition. I would recommend this game if you find it cheap or rent it as it's not very long and the multiplayer is only decent. Expand
  15. Nov 4, 2010
    A little too short, but passable. Fun gameplay, but nothing outstanding really; just another cover based third person shooter. One would have hoped that a 007 game featuring Daniel Craig would have a story to match the CraigBond movies, but it's more Brosnanesque in cheesiness. Still, it's quite a bit of fun, and looks great. I'd wait until the price drops before sinking into this oneA little too short, but passable. Fun gameplay, but nothing outstanding really; just another cover based third person shooter. One would have hoped that a 007 game featuring Daniel Craig would have a story to match the CraigBond movies, but it's more Brosnanesque in cheesiness. Still, it's quite a bit of fun, and looks great. I'd wait until the price drops before sinking into this one though, way too short for full retail, and no replay value to really speak of. Expand
  16. Nov 4, 2010
    Not a bad game.Single player campaign is good,but ordinary. The system of shooter is like Splinter Cell: Conviction.And the chase stage is very excited.
  17. Nov 3, 2010
    Nothing you have not seen done better elsewhere, but still a fun way to spend 5-7 hours in the single player campaign. The overall feeling is that of an arcade version of "Splinter Cell: Conviction" but with signature Bond skin (voices of D. Craig and J. Dench, Bondian music and story, film-like structure and cut-scenes, exotic locales, chases on foot and in various vehicles, hugeNothing you have not seen done better elsewhere, but still a fun way to spend 5-7 hours in the single player campaign. The overall feeling is that of an arcade version of "Splinter Cell: Conviction" but with signature Bond skin (voices of D. Craig and J. Dench, Bondian music and story, film-like structure and cut-scenes, exotic locales, chases on foot and in various vehicles, huge explosions...). The system of shooting from cover is done well and you can aim covered, pretty effectively shoot "blindly" with just weapon showing, vault across small covers and stealthily take down enemies from such covers. There is enough weapons to mix things up (pistols, shotguns, sub-machine guns, assault rifles, snipers, grenade launchers...) and your trusty smart-phone is really smart (it tracks enemies, shows you the intel and way-points if you are lost, hacks terminals...). The race/chase levels are exciting and also arcade-like in their simplicity but that's the main source of fun here: even if you have almost no shooting, driving and sneaking skills, you will almost effortlessly achieve Bond-like feats of super-spy mastery - and that's not a small thing. Collapse
  18. Nov 3, 2010

1. PC Format
    Jan 29, 2011
    Incredibly easy, very short. [Jan 2011, p.109]
  2. Jan 13, 2011
    Blood Stone isn't a bad game, but has numerous imperfections too.
  3. Jan 10, 2011
    It's full of satisfying melee combat, signature Bond moments, great cover combat, pretty visuals and awesome driving sequences. It does feature that classic Bond mood to a point and is definitely worth a play through for single player experience.