Jazzpunk PC

7.7

1. Nov 20, 2016
    This game has to be played to be believed; it's one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen.

I would describe it as "a relelentless sequence of interactive gags"; but I think this could be better describe as THE MONTY PYTHON OF VIDEOGAMES.

Regarding the structure of the game: it is an FPS with simple puzzles, and a lot of side quests, divided in 4 main chapters.
  2. Jan 24, 2016
    Fun, crazy, disturbing, what? and there's some sort of plot too, but you're not a spy enough to get it.

Not a masterpiece, not actually even a good game, but I can't say I didn't enjoy playing it and the "WTF?" moments you get from this are truly unique in their own unique way.
  3. May 18, 2015
    A very funny game, managed to bring many references in games and movies .
  4. Apr 28, 2015
    One word can describe this game:

Wut?

10/10 for swatting random citizens that turn into flies if you do so.
    I have to type more stuff otherwise the site wan't allow me to post this. They say minimum 150 characters... I say fu... Oh i think I breached the 150 characters. Cool! Play this game, it's cool. Bye :) !
  5. Nov 20, 2014
    A strange and pointless first person adventure/puzzler thing? I don't even know what to call it honestly. You go around in a strange world doing strange things for strange people. I give it a 5 and i really don't know what to say about it.
  6. Jun 26, 2014
    What did I just played..

Jazzpunk, it's a game that... eh. Is it a game? Let me explain. You're a special agent, and you get missions to achieve. Until stuff happen and you have to save someone (I won't spoil it). Yea, the story is pretty weird and not much clear, but it fits into the game perfectly. The style its pretty simple and cartoonish, but really original and good
    What did I just played..

Jazzpunk, it's a game that... eh. Is it a game? Let me explain.

The style its pretty simple and cartoonish, but really original and good looking, the settings its like a 60s spy movie, with all the prerecorded sounds you have heard in a lot of classic movies (yes, they have the Wilhelm Scream).
    The humor is great. I love it. It kinda feels a little bit like a Monty Python adventure. It's all set up to take you by surprise, and it works super-well.

The gameplay itself it's pretty easy, a sort of first-person adventure game. Even tho looks easy, it's a lot of fun to play. Expecially if you have to pick a nose to open a door or stuff like these.

The music is probably the main problem. I mean, it works a lot since it all sounds like a 60s movie, but it's way too ripetitive and loud.
    Also, it is pretty short. It only took me 2 hours and a half to finish it 100%. And that's a shame, I was seriously hoping to last at least around 5-6 hours. Oh well, it was all fun.

Great game, you you will love it if you have a sense of humor that doesen't stop to poop jokes.
  7. Jun 5, 2014
    [Jazzpunk - Steam PC - 8] 3D shooter with the unusual element of linearity and the non-sense of Quentin Tarantino. Imagine you are JamesBond and You are rendered with Digital KleenexBoxes. Komplete your missions and earn the respect of SteamAchievements - but you will receive no recognition except from Butters because he is our Friend. And you Fart. Complete each mission.. Short 9 hrs.[Jazzpunk - Steam PC - 8] 3D shooter with the unusual element of linearity and the non-sense of Quentin Tarantino. Imagine you are JamesBond and You are rendered with Digital KleenexBoxes. Komplete your missions and earn the respect of SteamAchievements - but you will receive no recognition except from Butters because he is our Friend. And you Fart. Complete each mission.. Short 9 hrs. S*ck me. Quests but no RPG elements. Cat litterbox gameplay with side missions that are optional. Hit Button to Laugh. Ha ha haaaa…. Ha Ha Ha Haaaaa.... Comedians that laugh at themselves are not elves. Get this (on sale).

[Keys] do not map in game and are dumb. Up your WASD .

[Bugs]
    There are no bugs or other criters
    [Audio] I always play with headphones.

[ToYou]
    My compliments to all of you who pursue and share this obsession to experience this modern digital art. There are many games that will not be playable in 15-20 years because of OS and hardware changes. The time is now to experience these achievements. Think about going to museums and looking at those Van Gogh paintings already 150 years old today. Think about watching reruns of old TV programs anytime you want. This will not be possible for most games and digital art dependent on game engines - so consume and enjoy now and appreciate the moment.

[MyPC 2011] i7-2600K 3.4GHz / ASUS Z68 ProGen3 / 8G RAM / Radeon 6870 / W7 PRO SP1 / Samsung 275T @1920x1200 / Logitech G15 / Kensington ExpertMouse / Sennheiser HD 600

[Awaiting] BrokenAgeAct2

[NowPlaying] StickOfTruth Sam&MaxSeason3

[MyFavorites] [Win7] JourneyDownUnder BrokenAgeAct1 TombRaider Dishonored TheKnifeOfDunwall TheBrigmoreWitches TheDreamMachine Ep1-4 30FlightsOfLoving Fez BioshockInfinite Antichamber Stacking Metro2033 Rochard Crysis&Warhead&2 JustCause2 Rage [XP] Papo&Yo DeuxExHR&TheMissingLink DeadSpace1&2 Fallout3&NewVegas HalfLife1&2 Bordelands1&2 BatmanArkumAsylum AssassinsCreed Magicka RedFaction Portal1&2 FromDust MrRobot Sam&MaxSeasons1&2 CulpaInnata TheSecretOfMonkeyIsland DreamfallTheLongestJourney Syberia1&2 CrayonPhysicsDeluxe DefenseGridTheAwakening PlantsVsZombies Prototype Bioshock1&2 UnrealTournament3 Quake4 [360] AfroSamurai BrutalLegends [XBOX] HALO KOTOR1&2 Crackdown ArmedAndDangerous AggressiveInline BeyondGoodAndEvil DeadOrAlive1&2&3&ExtremeBeachVolleyball Psychonauts [AppleG4] FullThrottle DeusExMachina ONI ReturnToZork Suspended UnrealTournament TombRaiderSeries [Born 1964 I do not know anybody who works in the game industry ~ I just enjoy games : - ]
  8. May 11, 2014
    I love these interactive non-games that seem to be getting more and more popular and Jazzpunk seemed like exactly the kind of stuff that I can't get enough, but unfortunately it failed to deliver. Simply put, it's a comedy game with some of the dumbest, most groan-inducing jokes I've ever encountered. Granted, every now and again you'll stumble upon a wedding cake and it turns out to be aI love these interactive non-games that seem to be getting more and more popular and Jazzpunk seemed like exactly the kind of stuff that I can't get enough, but unfortunately it failed to deliver. Simply put, it's a comedy game with some of the dumbest, most groan-inducing jokes I've ever encountered. Granted, every now and again you'll stumble upon a wedding cake and it turns out to be a computer that lets you play Wedding Quake, but that's a rarity. It would have been better as a shorter, cheaper game but as it stands, Jazzpunk is a joke that never really seems to get to the punchline. Expand
  9. Apr 11, 2014
    The good:
    The game looks really nice.
    It's also pretty original. The bad: The sound is just plain bad / annoying. Just about every sentence is a pun or a reference of some sort, most of which are not really all that funny. Sometimes it makes you smile, but generally it's quite boring. There is no real game play to speak of other than walking around clicking on everything. I
    The good:
    The game looks really nice.
    It's also pretty original.

The bad:
    The sound is just plain bad / annoying.

I played the first 3 levels (stopped after the vacation level) and stopped out of tedium.
  10. Apr 4, 2014
    I will always praise games that think outside the box and doesn't follow a set formula. Jazz punk is weird, wacky, hilarious and totally out there.
    I haven't laughed out loud while playing a game,like i did with Jazz punk in ages. The swing wing commercial alone ,shown at the cinema early on in the game should really make me give this game a 10.
    Personally i would have liked the game to
    Personally i would have liked the game to be longer and you could argue weather its wroth the price.
    If you're not someone who likes to explore, you'd finish this game in around an hour, and you'd also miss out on some of the better gags.
    This game shows that sometimes you don't have to take things too seriously.
  11. Mar 20, 2014
    I love this game. The writing is hilarious and the design is surprisingly well done. Few games are able to nail comedic timing with such perfection. It's a great game to play with friends.
  12. Mar 7, 2014
    Here we go again,another one of those artistically stylish games that is screaming at the top of it's lungs desperately trying to get attention,claiming "I'm unique and original and i cost the price of an ACTUAL game BUY ME BUY ME I SAY!". 15 dollars is the price you pay for an arcade game,or a four to five year old shooter not THIS,i mean video games are supposed to be fun and difficultHere we go again,another one of those artistically stylish games that is screaming at the top of it's lungs desperately trying to get attention,claiming "I'm unique and original and i cost the price of an ACTUAL game BUY ME BUY ME I SAY!". 15 dollars is the price you pay for an arcade game,or a four to five year old shooter not THIS,i mean video games are supposed to be fun and difficult with obstacles to overcome or puzzles to solve,they're not supposed to be like Dear Esther. What these guys thought was that CONTENT equals fun and challenge when it does not. Expand
  13. Mar 2, 2014
    This game is hilarious! Jokes are funny. Music is funny and you can see something interesting around every corner. I really didn't played this game correctly and I'm going to play some more
  14. Feb 25, 2014
    It's a really weird game, but the good kind of weird. It's short but fun. It's the kind of game that when you see it you're like, wtf is this?, but when you play it you're gonna have a good time. Really recommended it for a quick experience. 9/10
  15. Feb 25, 2014
    So the first hour is pretty much amazing, with all the jokes and randomness, but the novelty runs out a bit fast when you understand that this game is not leading to anywhere, its just a joke after joke with no actual punchline. Nevertheless, as long as you don't make too great of expectations and you just want to casually relax and have some cheap laughs, it should fill your evening quite nicely.
  16. Feb 23, 2014
    Jazzpunk is a game that is aimed at a very niche audience, luckily if you are part of its target audience you will have a blast.
    Its a traditional adventure game, you go round environments collecting items to solve puzzles and progress, no combat or any other gameplay mechanics, just puzzle solving.
    Its story is hard to pin down and that's one of the games biggest shortfalls, its a parody of every spy film ever made and though very funny does begin to lose steam very quickly and thus ends as a silent wet fart rather than something actually hilarious. But the two hour experience is very entertaining, despite the humour becoming desensitising due to its constant in your face nature.
    Jazzpunk is a game made up of pointing at things, putting a gun to your head to force you to laugh and then assaulting your eyes with a vibrant visual style. This does compliment the experience, but it also hinders it at times.
    In short, there is nothing fundamentally bad about Jazzpunk, I cant think of any real way to improve it, however its not perfect. But if you're looking for a short & funny experience, then Jazzpunk is the game for you.
  17. Feb 22, 2014
    This game isn't about the graphics, the style, the "Next Gen Game play". It's about how you play the game.
    All together, this game should never be taken seriously. This game is humorous, funny, and hilarious. There's no real definition for this game. But if you get a chance to buy it, you will find out what I am talking about.
    (THIS GAME IS ALSO A PUZZLER, SO IF YOU ARE TERRIBLE AT
    (THIS GAME IS ALSO A PUZZLER, SO IF YOU ARE TERRIBLE AT PUZZLES, DON'T BUY IT)
  18. Feb 19, 2014
    A good game indeed , very funny , with references of films , like James Bond, and the ninja turtles; Altough, the game is veeeeery short , i finished it with only 2 hours... and "good timing" for games is an essential aspect for me , it didn´t worth the 11 bucks.
  19. Feb 19, 2014
    This game is very well made, it has lots of good references to the old times. This game is probably the most fun game I've ever played.

This game has it all! 11/10!
  20. Feb 15, 2014
    fun and hilarious this game very good. while the ending is just flat out stupid (not funny stupid, stupid stupid) and it is extremely short id suggest waiting until they release the dlc.
  21. Feb 12, 2014
    Eighties, nineties references, game references, tech jokes,
    The kind of game every developer would like to make but didnt

Also a spy sim,space invaders, frogger
  22. Feb 12, 2014
    Pretty fun and funny game. There is only one combo to remember - jump. A good game to play to cool down after a hard day of playing war or excel. Click everything but stay away from the wedding cake.
  23. Feb 10, 2014
    Not the best game of the year, but for now one of the weirdest and funniest. It's full of jokes and puns and easter eggs and mini games, we could say these make up the whole game with a loose story. But if somebody wants a a couple hours of cartoony whoopie-cushion styled comedy, this is the best.
  24. Feb 10, 2014
    The game is alright. The graphics are fine, and you don't really need a good computer to run it... I have a five year old Macbook Pro, and it ran very smoothly at almost 60fps with almost all settings – granted, there aren't that many – turned up to max. However, the game's focus doesn't lie in the gameplay itself, but rather the narrative and its extreme silliness. The game's storyline isThe game is alright. The graphics are fine, and you don't really need a good computer to run it... I have a five year old Macbook Pro, and it ran very smoothly at almost 60fps with almost all settings – granted, there aren't that many – turned up to max. However, the game's focus doesn't lie in the gameplay itself, but rather the narrative and its extreme silliness. The game's storyline is hard to follow at first and is somewhat shallow, but that is a result of the game's humor and thus not really a bad thing. The game definitely has a great variety in the jokes' deliveries (which come in various forms, e.g. mini games, cheesy one-liners, or just plain goofiness) and they are rarely recycled – it really puts an effort into making you laugh, and most of the time it will. However, this is also where the game's weakness lies, in my opinion: It either makes you laugh often, or not at all. Its humor won't be appreciated by everyone, so I would recommend watching some gameplay (or even just the trailer) first before diving into this. Because if that won't make you chuckle, nothing in the game will. Expand
  25. Feb 8, 2014
    - Boring
    -Its made me almost feel asleep when im play in that
    -Not funny
    -Graphic made my eyes hurt
    -Sounds made my brain hurt
    -Plot ?
    -Sense ?

Others make like it bit im no
  26. Feb 7, 2014
    Saw Nerdcubed talk about this game on twitter. Checked out the steam page. Saw some gameplay. Bought the game. Downloaded the Game. Played the game NONSTOP until i beat it.

This was a fantastic little game. It could just be a little bit longer.
  27. Feb 7, 2014
    This game is a gem. Fantastick gameplay that makes you want more and more. It's quick of course but the power and fun of it can be played in so many ways. Playit you wont regret it !
  28. Feb 7, 2014
    This game is awesome! Laugh out loud funny, nice visuals, lots of fun mini-games and unique. I have been looking forward to this game for awhile and was not disappointed! Highly recommend that you try it out!
  29. Feb 7, 2014

1. CD-Action
    Jun 28, 2014
    I bow down to writers behind Jazzpunk. I just haven’t decided yet whether I should send them flowers to the rehab or to the mental hospital. [05/2014, p.69]
  2. Apr 26, 2014
    To make someone laugh while playing is no easy task, and Jazzpunk succeeds in doing just that most of the time.
  3. Apr 23, 2014
    The replay value is low, but it’s a nice distraction while it lasts.