7.6

1. Apr 11, 2014
    The good: The game looks really nice. It's also pretty original. The bad: The sound is just plain bad / annoying. Just about every sentence is a pun or a reference of some sort, most of which are not really all that funny. Sometimes it makes you smile, but generally it's quite boring. There is no real game play to speak of other than walking around clicking on everything. I played the first 3 levels (stopped after the vacation level) and stopped out of tedium. Expand
  2. Apr 4, 2014
    I will always praise games that think outside the box and doesn't follow a set formula. Jazz punk is weird, wacky, hilarious and totally out there.
    I haven't laughed out loud while playing a game,like i did with Jazz punk in ages. The swing wing commercial alone ,shown at the cinema early on in the game should really make me give this game a 10.
    Personally i would have liked the game to
    be longer and you could argue weather its wroth the price.
    If you're not someone who likes to explore, you'd finish this game in around an hour, and you'd also miss out on some of the better gags.
    This game shows that sometimes you don't have to take things too seriously.
  3. Mar 20, 2014
    I love this game. The writing is hilarious and the design is surprisingly well done. Few games are able to nail comedic timing with such perfection. It's a great game to play with friends.
  4. Mar 7, 2014
    Here we go again,another one of those artistically stylish games that is screaming at the top of it's lungs desperately trying to get attention,claiming "I'm unique and original and i cost the price of an ACTUAL game BUY ME BUY ME I SAY!". 15 dollars is the price you pay for an arcade game,or a four to five year old shooter not THIS,i mean video games are supposed to be fun and difficult with obstacles to overcome or puzzles to solve,they're not supposed to be like Dear Esther. What these guys thought was that CONTENT equals fun and challenge when it does not. Expand
  5. Mar 2, 2014
    This game is hilarious! Jokes are funny. Music is funny and you can see something interesting around every corner. I really didn't played this game correctly and I'm going to play some more
  6. Feb 25, 2014
    It's a really weird game, but the good kind of weird. It's short but fun. It's the kind of game that when you see it you're like, wtf is this?, but when you play it you're gonna have a good time. Really recommended it for a quick experience. 9/10
  7. Feb 25, 2014
    So the first hour is pretty much amazing, with all the jokes and randomness, but the novelty runs out a bit fast when you understand that this game is not leading to anywhere, its just a joke after joke with no actual punchline. Nevertheless, as long as you don't make too great of expectations and you just want to casually relax and have some cheap laughs, it should fill your evening quite nicely.
  8. Feb 23, 2014
    Jazzpunk is a game that is aimed at a very niche audience, luckily if you are part of its target audience you will have a blast.
    Its a traditional adventure game, you go round environments collecting items to solve puzzles and progress, no combat or any other gameplay mechanics, just puzzle solving.
    Its story is hard to pin down and that's one of the games biggest shortfalls, its a
    parody of every spy film ever made and though very funny does begin to lose steam very quickly and thus ends as a silent wet fart rather than something actually hilarious. But the two hour experience is very entertaining, despite the humour becoming desensitising due to its constant in your face nature.
    Jazzpunk is a game made up of pointing at things, putting a gun to your head to force you to laugh and then assaulting your eyes with a vibrant visual style. This does compliment the experience, but it also hinders it at times.
    In short, there is nothing fundamentally bad about Jazzpunk, I cant think of any real way to improve it, however its not perfect. But if you're looking for a short & funny experience, then Jazzpunk is the game for you.
  9. Feb 22, 2014
    This game isn't about the graphics, the style, the "Next Gen Game play". It's about how you play the game.
    All together, this game should never be taken seriously. This game is humorous, funny, and hilarious. There's no real definition for this game. But if you get a chance to buy it, you will find out what I am talking about.
    (THIS GAME IS ALSO A PUZZLER, SO IF YOU ARE TERRIBLE AT
    PUZZLES, DON'T BUY IT) Expand
  10. Feb 19, 2014
    A good game indeed , very funny , with references of films , like James Bond, and the ninja turtles; Altough, the game is veeeeery short , i finished it with only 2 hours... and "good timing" for games is an essential aspect for me , it didn´t worth the 11 bucks.
  11. Feb 19, 2014
    This game is very well made, it has lots of good references to the old times. This game is probably the most fun game I've ever played.

This game has it all! 11/10!
  12. Feb 15, 2014
    fun and hilarious this game very good. while the ending is just flat out stupid (not funny stupid, stupid stupid) and it is extremely short id suggest waiting until they release the dlc.
  13. Feb 12, 2014
    Eighties, nineties references, game references, tech jokes,
    The kind of game every developer would like to make but didnt

Also a spy sim,space invaders, frogger
  14. Feb 12, 2014
    Pretty fun and funny game. There is only one combo to remember - jump. A good game to play to cool down after a hard day of playing war or excel. Click everything but stay away from the wedding cake.
  15. Feb 10, 2014
    Not the best game of the year, but for now one of the weirdest and funniest. It's full of jokes and puns and easter eggs and mini games, we could say these make up the whole game with a loose story. But if somebody wants a a couple hours of cartoony whoopie-cushion styled comedy, this is the best.
  16. Feb 10, 2014
    The game is alright. The graphics are fine, and you don't really need a good computer to run it... I have a five year old Macbook Pro, and it ran very smoothly at almost 60fps with almost all settings – granted, there aren't that many – turned up to max. However, the game's focus doesn't lie in the gameplay itself, but rather the narrative and its extreme silliness. The game's storyline is hard to follow at first and is somewhat shallow, but that is a result of the game's humor and thus not really a bad thing. The game definitely has a great variety in the jokes' deliveries (which come in various forms, e.g. mini games, cheesy one-liners, or just plain goofiness) and they are rarely recycled – it really puts an effort into making you laugh, and most of the time it will. However, this is also where the game's weakness lies, in my opinion: It either makes you laugh often, or not at all. Its humor won't be appreciated by everyone, so I would recommend watching some gameplay (or even just the trailer) first before diving into this. Because if that won't make you chuckle, nothing in the game will. Expand
  17. Feb 8, 2014
    -Plot ?
    -Sense ?

Others make like it bit im no
  18. Feb 7, 2014
    Saw Nerdcubed talk about this game on twitter. Checked out the steam page. Saw some gameplay. Bought the game. Downloaded the Game. Played the game NONSTOP until i beat it.

This was a fantastic little game. It could just be a little bit longer.
  19. Feb 7, 2014
    This game is a gem. Fantastick gameplay that makes you want more and more. It's quick of course but the power and fun of it can be played in so many ways. Playit you wont regret it !
  20. Feb 7, 2014
    This game is awesome! Laugh out loud funny, nice visuals, lots of fun mini-games and unique. I have been looking forward to this game for awhile and was not disappointed! Highly recommend that you try it out!
  21. Feb 8, 2014

1. Apr 9, 2014
    A wonderful rarity. [May 2014, p.76]
    Not much of an adventure game but boy, what fun! [Issue #239]
  3. Mar 28, 2014
    It may not impress with clever mechanics, but Jazzpunk is a genuinely funny comedy romp that will put a smile on your face. [Apr 2014, p.55]