7.5

1. Dec 4, 2012
    Don't listen to people arguing about bad speed or lack of options: The speed problem is a well documented collateral effect of the cracked version, and the original game in clean low/midrange systems runs perfect. Also, the game stood the test of time very well, and the port offers several customization options for modern PCs: High resolutions, up to 8xAA, and even 360 controller support.
  2. Sep 19, 2012
    I remember this game fondly from the xbox and dreamcast. I still listen to the soundtrack years later.

Some bug makes it run at an unplayable speed on my system.
    Half the soundtrack from the original game is missing.
    Another "least amount of work" port job. i.e. no options for pc, display or controls.

My suggestion, buy it on a console instead.
  3. Sep 19, 2012
    I am waiting for this game for almost 10 years,this is a dreamcast masterpiece and now on pc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Sep 20, 2012
    A great game that stands the test of time well, but very much a straight port from the Dreamcast version.
    The added documentary and JSRF songs to unlock are nice.
    Designed with 360 pads in mind with no option to change button setup, so those with other pads might run into compatibility issues; you can change the keyboard setup however. Some people have reported bugs with game speed,
    The added documentary and JSRF songs to unlock are nice.
    Some people have reported bugs with game speed, framerate and audio, but I'm happy enough to say that I haven't had any yet.
  5. Oct 6, 2012
    It's a good port, although some complain about slow running issues, it runs fine on both my PCs and even my laptop. It is a great game that has stood the test of time well. No idea what some folk are on about regarding missing music, there is only 1 track missing for legal reasons I guess. Crank it up to 8xAA, output to a 50" 1080 plasma, Xbox 360 pad in hand, perfect gaming
  6. Nov 29, 2013
    Dreamcast held a diverse collection of colorful & creative exclusives during its lifespan, with Jet Set Radio being the most popular title that wasn't ported proper until over a decade later. Finally on PC with the original soundtrack (minus two tracks), JSR is a flashback to older game design featuring expansive, diverse levels that reward exploration, an eclectic electronic soundtrackDreamcast held a diverse collection of colorful & creative exclusives during its lifespan, with Jet Set Radio being the most popular title that wasn't ported proper until over a decade later. Finally on PC with the original soundtrack (minus two tracks), JSR is a flashback to older game design featuring expansive, diverse levels that reward exploration, an eclectic electronic soundtrack that blends genres fluidly, and the creation of a new graphical rendering style with cel-shading. The level design is excellent, with many hidden routes and shortcuts which are integrated into both escape and chase sequences, making even recycled maps feel fresh. JSR's soundtrack is incredibly diverse and creative, adds to the uniqueness of the experience; combined with the colorful character cast, the introduction of cel-shading, and the varied gameplay, JSR feels like its own world, a unique spin on the early 2000s Japan.

While the main story isn't exceptionally lengthy, it's worth picking up just to experience this one-of-a-kind game; JSR is truly an innovative and unique experience that is highly recommended for anyone with a gamepad.
  7. Nov 12, 2012
    Played on Xbox 360, the game looks good, but on PC you can use additional filters, so it looks even better. It's weird that we don't have any kind of settings, like change graphics and stuff. The game goes easy on hardware, so I don't think this is a big problem. The widescreen resolution really improves the game, and with the HD resolution it looks gorgeous. Jet Set Radio HD reallyPlayed on Xbox 360, the game looks good, but on PC you can use additional filters, so it looks even better. It's weird that we don't have any kind of settings, like change graphics and stuff. The game goes easy on hardware, so I don't think this is a big problem. The widescreen resolution really improves the game, and with the HD resolution it looks gorgeous. Jet Set Radio HD really doesn't look like and old game, I guess SEGA was ahead of their time when they released it for Dreamcast.

And yes, we only have half of the original tracks and I do miss some one them, but AFAIK, SEGA tried hard to bring all the original songs, it's not their fault. Looking at the bright side, all the main songs are here and half of the soundtracks are new.

As in the original Dreamcast game, the camera drives you crazy sometimes, but now we at least have a second analog stick to help us to move the camera (if you're using a controller). I highly recommend to use a controller. I'm using my Xbox 360's wired controller.

The maps are kinda big, and once you get used to the controls you can grind all over it.

There are many graffiti's to collect, some are hidden in the map, some are easy to see but hard to get. I think that adds a lot to the game, you keep trying to get 'em all.

We now have achievements, I think that add some replay factor to the game. Also, there are some bonus videos and stuff. I miss the option to import images and use it as graffiti.

It's a great game, loved it in the past, loving it now. For just US$9.99 (R$14.99 in Brazil), it's a must buy.
  8. Jul 1, 2013
    Pretty much all you could ask for in a port of this classic game. The cell-shaded art, which was groundbreaking when it was released, looks fantastic in high res. Xbox 360 controllers are plug and play.

The gameplay is no different from the original and that's my only gripe. Cool as the original was, it could feel darn clunky at times. Starting from a full stop is especially annoying. Another flaw in the control scheme is pushing forward on the analog stick while initiating a jump often sends you wildly out of control. The correct way to do it is to let the stick go neutral, hit jump, and then immediately get back on the stick to control direction, but it's neither intuitive or fun.
  9. Dec 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Excellent single game in style and very beautiful even by the standards of today's graphics. The gameplay is exactly like the original dreamcast version and there is no downside to the game. Expand

There are no critic reviews yet.