Joint Task Force PC

7.6

1. Roger
    Oct 9, 2007
    This game needs an overhaul it its full of bugs in multiplayer mode. if the game worked it would be fun to play but the bugs keep you form enjoying the game. come on people fix your games or don't even release them to the public for sale. your wasting our money.
  2. MattH.
    Sep 24, 2006
    I think the reviewers are crazy, lazy, or bad at RTS games. I cannot believe the nonsense I am reading. It's at least as good as Act of War, and certainly as good as Generals. Also, no review mentions you can play the single player campaign co-op with a friend.
  3. Rose
    Sep 15, 2006
    I couldn't find any 'considerable' strategic point in this game though it professes the next-generation RTS. Nothing special but tired user interface, non individual/tactical units.. etc. The self-praising dynamic campaign/cut scen. is also just a testing ground of the physics accel. hardware. It seems that they(AGEIA guys) still don't know direction; how to PROPERLY I couldn't find any 'considerable' strategic point in this game though it professes the next-generation RTS. Nothing special but tired user interface, non individual/tactical units.. etc. The self-praising dynamic campaign/cut scen. is also just a testing ground of the physics accel. hardware. It seems that they(AGEIA guys) still don't know direction; how to PROPERLY use their PhsX technology to improve quality of game. Expand
  4. RonR.
    Sep 15, 2006
    Finally a great modern combat RTS game. What a rush!
  5. Dec 12, 2010
    I give this a 1 the single player is good for an old game how ever if you are wanting it for MULTIPLAYER there is none. The company no longer exists if you try to get help from them the web site shuts down I thought it was a problem with my internet. When i determined that was not the case i contacted valve about the problem they said I had to contact the orignal company. That is how iI give this a 1 the single player is good for an old game how ever if you are wanting it for MULTIPLAYER there is none. The company no longer exists if you try to get help from them the web site shuts down I thought it was a problem with my internet. When i determined that was not the case i contacted valve about the problem they said I had to contact the orignal company. That is how i found out there is no company its just false advertising if you want it for single player good for you multiplayer look some where else. Expand
  6. Feb 26, 2015
    Ever since its release, I haven't seen any modern-combat strategy game that got close to Joint Task Force (I didn't like the modern mod for Company of Heroes). The game looks surprisingly detailed after all these years and run always fine. The campaign is mostly bug-free, although the music goes away if I fail a mission and I have to restart the game.

The other thing, which might be an

The other thing, which might be an exploit or a deliberate design choice are the civilian cars: usually there are plenty of them to block off paths so the AI gets stuck behind them and I can effortlessly win the map. This is most apparent on the final map where the enemy vehicles are so numerous that I don't know how to win without this strategy.

The music tracks are aming my all-time favorite game music tracks, I like the music of the main menu and the credits.
  7. Bob
    Sep 17, 2006
    This game is good fun, but nothing special. I was slightly put off by the demo, but bought the full game because I like the way your soldiers can rank up if they make it thru the missions. Graphics are good, and I am certainly enjoying this game, but I think it will get overlooked as people rush to buy CoH.
  8. Zzzz
    Oct 6, 2006
    6.5 would be my more accurate impression. Multiplayer is a ripoff of DoW, too much micromanagement. CoH have raised the bar. My tanks in JTF drive around chain link fences. After playing CoH the new expectation is that they should have driven over the fences. Same thing happens in real life. Car in the way? Should be crushed. Instead, they try to drive around it. Unit ranges are a good 6.5 would be my more accurate impression. Multiplayer is a ripoff of DoW, too much micromanagement. CoH have raised the bar. My tanks in JTF drive around chain link fences. After playing CoH the new expectation is that they should have driven over the fences. Same thing happens in real life. Car in the way? Should be crushed. Instead, they try to drive around it. Unit ranges are a good touch Gameplay is very old school, like generals and eve classic C&C, basically tank rushing or artillery bombarment. Not much strategy per se. Whereas in CoH, I really enjoyed the mini tactical battles that often play out, like taking tanks down with infantry, and sniper vs sniper showdowns. Expand
  9. EdwardD.
    Jan 31, 2008
    7.5 for me. The game has its good and bad points, but I think the good outweigh the bad. The game has a tendancy to crash which can be quite aggrivating when it happens time after time. However, I think the game play is well executed with the exception of the unit navigation. The environments are awesome, and while the units are expensive and poor judgements in purchasing units can cause 7.5 for me. The game has its good and bad points, but I think the good outweigh the bad. The game has a tendancy to crash which can be quite aggrivating when it happens time after time. However, I think the game play is well executed with the exception of the unit navigation. The environments are awesome, and while the units are expensive and poor judgements in purchasing units can cause you to need to restart the level, what is expected in the strategy field? I find it better than some RTS games, and worse than some. Everyone on this site seems to compare the game to Company of Heroes, but that is like oranges to tangerines. Same class, but completely different. I think this game contains many concepts that RTS games should incorporate, such as the fact that you cannot always just go to a barraks and out pops more soldiers! No. That is not always an option in a warzone. You have to make due with what you have, and that game delivers that concept the best of any RTS I have played. Expand
  10. SpencerG.
    Nov 14, 2007
    The game does not have new amazing features, but it is a good time killer with good game play.
  11. Mar 31, 2013
    Wonderful game, wonderful game world. High PC requirements. You better play on desktop. I recommend it so much if you have good PC. Attention war is coming

1. Joint Task Force delivers a distinctive and modern interpretation of real-time strategy, enjoyable in its own quirky way. It ain't perfect, but it proves fulfilling once you've taken a few learning curve lumps.
  2. Military actions will no longer be made from the other side of the ocean, but where it really matters. Responsibility will be put into the hands of the men who represent our great country.
    The game’s campaign mode is very engaging and fun, with a reliance of strategy the key factor in winning. While the other modes aren’t quite as enjoyable, they do enough to offer a different perspective to the game, especially the co-op mode.