6.9

1. Nov 12, 2013
    "Journey of a Roach is a clever anvanture game, which gives you tons of fun
    > and sastisfaction from solving puzzles." Read full review: http://swiatgry.pl/recenzja/pc/682,journey_of_a_roach
  2. Nov 20, 2013
    First off, ADVENTURE is not RPG. I keep making those mistakes when buying games :s

About Journey of a Roach. A very nice 'adventure' of you as a roach where you have to solve puzzles to get the story going. Though the puzzles are frustrating at times, they are fun to solve. About the graphics I can be short CHILDISH but it does fit the game very well. Haven't come far yet in the

Haven't come far yet in the game, but it's made me laugh on more than one occasion (and that's saying something already...)
  3. Dec 4, 2013
    The game thrusts you into a difficult puzzle almost immediately and my first thought was "This feels like a version of Monkey Island". The movement around the game is seemless and I played through using a 360 controller, it was generally hassle free although inventory management took a few attempts to get used to. The can climb up walls and along ceilings which leads to some movementsThe game thrusts you into a difficult puzzle almost immediately and my first thought was "This feels like a version of Monkey Island". The movement around the game is seemless and I played through using a 360 controller, it was generally hassle free although inventory management took a few attempts to get used to. The can climb up walls and along ceilings which leads to some movements that resemble Fez.

After playing through however, I decided the game was not similar to Monkey Island at all with regards to the puzzles. Some of the choices were bizarre and made the game difficult not because of how hard the puzzles actually were but the placement and sheer ludicrousness. The game effectively consisted of 3 'large' puzzles. Each zone was unique and had a certain theme to it but all followed a main 'quest' or aim linked to the zone. The game difficultly was mostly gauged by the awkwardness of certain actions, combined with the fact that rarely did you get any sort of clue other than a speech bubble depicting a cruel picture of what the character you're interacting with wants.

The length of the game is fairly short, I took around 3-4 hours of passive gameplay, i.e I was watching TV whilst playing this game every so often. I can't imagine the replay value of this game is very high, maybe at some point I will speed run this game but it doesn't have that charm Monkey Island ever had and thus I don't feel that I could return to play this game simply for the storyline. Then there is the price, I wouldn't say this game is worth the RRP at all, I caught this in a bundle by chance and after a while decided to actually play it.

However, despite that overall difficulty/awkwardness I think the game deserves some credit. The game is technically flawless with regards to bugs and the developers should be applauded for that, not often does this happen now that they can just simply release broken and patch later.

The game really should be around the £5 range though due to its length. I honestly think I could speed run this game in under 20 minutes and that isn't really a selling point.
  4. Nov 15, 2013
    Journey of a roach has a good story and interesting puzzles from the beginning to the end. Also it has lovable characters and nice songs.
    It is a short game and you will finish it in a few hours but it worth it. It has cool achievements to unlock and this will double the playing time.
  5. Apr 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Journey of a Roach is a great game. It has a nice story and challenging puzzles(good luck with it). The arts is good, the characters, settings and background music are cute(actually the whole game is cute). But you need to be aware of the spinning screen when Jim is climbing walls or ceilings, it might make you dizzy.

Journey of a Roach is just a short game so you can finish it with just a couple of hours.

1. Feb 5, 2014
    Too many basic lessons on how to treat players go unlearnt. Even over its short duration, initially colourful scenarios become sadly static and tired. Journey of a Roach has some promising ideas, but unfortunately struggles to demonstrate them at their best.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 23, 2014
    A fresh look at the genre that also doesn’t lose sight of the key basics that make a great adventure game. [Issue#238]
  3. Jan 15, 2014
    Journey of a Roach has a couple of fresh ideas in its sleeve, but the visuals are too amateurish, and the puzzles are dull.