7.3

1. Dec 3, 2013
    One of the first zombiegames! This game is sometimes scary. It has a great atmosphere. It seems when a reviewer see the name Rebellion they think it can't be that good. But all of their games are beautiful. Look at the difference between the score of the reviewers and the userscores with all these good first person shooters. Reviewers are too scared to give populair games like Call of Duty bad ratings, while these games don't have any atmosphere. The userscrores are the scores of the real gamers. Judge Dredd is a really good fps. Expand
  2. Nov 28, 2014
    Recommended with reservation. 7.5/10 at a generous rating. It's short. Six hours max. The graphics are ancient. (Originally released in 2003.) They are a bit too clolourful in places. Sometimes enemies fly off when you kill them. Rescuing hostages in the hospital is a bit maze-like. However being a childhood 2000AD (and Dredd) reader, I liked it when I played it years ago. Out of curiosity of forgetting what it was like I just bought it again in the Black Friday sale (2014). I just played it and finished. I had a blast. It's gun and run and flows fast. There is still the odd surprise.

It's a shame it will probaly never be re-made and improved and lengthened. Given its short length I can understand why it was panned in reviews years ago. Being a fan I can understand why I liked it.
  3. Sep 19, 2013
    It is a hard work to be judge, jury and executioner in Mega-City One. Never read comics, but certainly better than film with Stallone. I am the law. 52/100

1. To be brutally honest, you are as imaginative as dry, unbuttered toast. [July 2004, p.65]
  2. Your main objective is the bane of the modern FPS: follow a little blue arrow while shooting things, with the odd escort or protect responsibility thrown in to make you turn around occasionally. It's average justice dished out to the licence, but nothing more. [Christmas 2003, p.121]
  3. Dredd-fully underwhelming. [July 2004, p.75]