7.3

1. Dec 3, 2013
    One of the first zombiegames! This game is sometimes scary. It has a great atmosphere. It seems when a reviewer see the name Rebellion they think it can't be that good. But all of their games are beautiful. Look at the difference between the score of the reviewers and the userscores with all these good first person shooters. Reviewers are too scared to give populair games like Call of Duty bad ratings, while these games don't have any atmosphere. The userscrores are the scores of the real gamers. Judge Dredd is a really good fps. Expand
  2. Oct 5, 2014
    I played Dredd vs Death years ago when it was first released in about 2003/2004. Sometimes I think of re-buying it for the nostalgia because I liked it. I couldn't understand the low reviews it earned at the time it was released.

I was a fan of the comics when I was a child so it was perfect for me, to finally hold a law-giver. The game itself was OK. I mean the shooting was spot on.
    Now 2014 I can't really recall the story as such, but it was mostly about getting the four dark judges, i.e. Judge Death and his allies. Plenty of perps to apprehend shoot out on the way.

I even recently played the demo again and it was fine. Old looking but fine.

The only issue I had with the game is that death can't be shot according to the comic series. In the first comic book encounter with Death, Psi (psychic) Judge Anderson trapped death inside her psychic mind. (Judge Death was a visible soul that could interact with the human world.) It was pre-arranged between her and the Judges, she would trap him and then be sprayed with Boing. Boing was a rubber substance that surrounded a person and allowed them to bounce around inside it.

Whereas the game allowed Death to be killed if I recall correct. I mean all the dark Judges shouldn't be able to be killed, but I remember shooting them, I am sure. Thus I knock a point off for that, and another point because I can't truly recall the story, so I can't mark it. Still the game was solid enough, and I liked it lots.
  3. Sep 19, 2013
    It is a hard work to be judge, jury and executioner in Mega-City One. Never read comics, but certainly better than film with Stallone. I am the law. 52/100

1. To be brutally honest, you are as imaginative as dry, unbuttered toast. [July 2004, p.65]
  2. Your main objective is the bane of the modern FPS: follow a little blue arrow while shooting things, with the odd escort or protect responsibility thrown in to make you turn around occasionally. It's average justice dished out to the licence, but nothing more. [Christmas 2003, p.121]
  3. Dredd-fully underwhelming. [July 2004, p.75]