4.5

1. Jul 3, 2014
    Jurassic Park is a real mixed bag. Ostensibly, this is an adventure game that follows a story running parallel to the first movie. The characters, for the most part, aren't bad and the story is a reasonably well written excuse to take you through all the iconic settings of the movie. The graphics aren't show stopping, but they are clean, clear and effective which is exactly what you want. The problem is in the gameplay. Telltale have dropped their usual Point and Click / Third Person hybrid gameplay in favour of the Interactive Movie type gameplay we saw in Heavy Rain. How much you enjoy Jurassic Park will depend very much on how much you like that kind of interaction. Personally, I found it limiting. Too often you feel as though you aren't really in the game, merely offering limited input when things get rough. It's not awful, certainly, but it feels more like the sort of Mid-90s Multimedia CD-ROM Merchandise rather than a modern Triple-A video game. Expand
  2. Nov 20, 2013
    Jurassic Park was actually a pleasant surprise for me… The thought of a whole game based on interactive cut-scenes similar to those we have in the Resident Evil’s and Tomb Raiders had me relatively unimpressed, however you find yourself engrossed in the action. It’s like watching an animated movie which allows you to join in. Telltale has a very unique set of ideas for games and I can honestly say I have enjoyed this to an extent… Is it the most action packed game? No… Does it have replay value? That’s debatable… But I would definitely recommend it for a change of pace; it makes a refreshing change when you can’t be bothered with yet another shooter! Expand
  3. Jun 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I checked the spoilers box as a courtesy for anyone who really wants to play this game knowing nothing about the story but honestly, there's not really any spoilers in this review...

Knowing that Telltale games only makes one style of game, I had already expected it to play more like an interactive movie than any other game genre. Gamers of the arcade generation might remember Dragon's Lair which is pretty much the father of this type of game. I loved Dragon's Lair.

There are 2, seemingly balanced gametypes in Jurassic Park: The Game
    One type is an action sequence where one must hit buttons or hold buttons when prompted in order to avoid dying. The thing I love most about these sequences is that if you miss the buttons or hit the wrong ones, you get to see some of the most brutal dino kills ever imagined, along with a fair amount of reaction shots from other characters. Really, guys.. People crushed, bent it half, bitten, shredded, chewed-on, dragged away, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Death is rarely censored and I think you can even see shadows most of the time if the camera pans away from the CG characters.

The other gametype is more investigative. Telltale does a lot of this and very well (i.e.: Back to the Future, The Walking Dead) You play as pretty much every character in the game to try to figure out how to get in and out of locked rooms, sticky situations, etc. but there isn't much off a challenge. Instead of conrolling any characters, you swap between "scenes" and then sort of pan around and hit the buttons that fade in when something interests the character. There's also a speech menu that lets you talk to other characters or call to them to maybe throw a switch or check for dinos. It's not as fun as being able to walk a 3rd person character around with the thumbstick, but it's much more artistic and since the game feels like a movie, that's pretty cool. I give it an A for effort but it kinda blows compared to the way you control characters in other Telltale games.

The game is long enough for what it is. Don't pay much money for it. Buy it on sale on steam or rip it from a friend or something. Each episode is written by different people and you can really tell if you play the game start-to-finish in a few days time (or one sitting for that matter). Some of the character's personalities are different in some episodes than they are in others. The result is you picking choices in favor of a character you like but then hating yourself for it when they turn out to be a dick later. This may have been their intention but something's off. I might not be describing it right but I'm pretty sure it would've felt right if one person or team of people wrote the entire game and didn't have the responsibility separated into full episodes (of which there are 4)

I was pleased to hear and recognize the voice of Jason Marsden (voiced the dragon in Miyazaki's Spirited Away, and was on pretty much every teen sitcom in the 90's) but I hate his character. The rest of the voice acting is either stinted or really cliché and it many times cheapens the story. I'm sure that's the director's fault.

Episode 1 is the best one because it starts you off linking you with the 1st JP movie. You get to investigate where Newman from Seinfeld got ate by the spitter. I knew from the movie exactly where to find the shaving cream can the whole time but i had to get my dumb character to figure it out for herself before i could dig for it. The homage is fantastic.

Music and sound is great. Love the dino sfx. The t-rex roar is on point!
  4. May 28, 2013
    Very boring game. Because you have no control over the characters, I mean, all you do is press buttons and watch what happens. And all the great areas from the original film are gone or rarely seen, instead we get to see stupid places like a roller coaster, and the graphics are poor. Seriously, this game is more like an animated B movie then a video game, TT should've sent there ideas to a B movie studio because maybe it wouldn't be so bad then, playing the game is not fun and should not be recommended. Expand
  5. Apr 14, 2013
    Lets get a few things out of the way first, yes the characters in this game are pretty cliched and standard fare for this type of story and sure its made up entirely of quicktime events. The graphics are sub par and the dialogue is cheesy and the quick time events can be infuriating. Its actually quite short as well, my first play through was completed in around 7 hours. So with all these things going against the game it should suck right? Well that depends on your personality and what you're hoping to gain from an experience like this.

Gameplay:

It's not a typical modern game in that you are never given the opportunity to control any of the characters directly and the gameplay elements all play out like a cut scene with QTEs (Quick Time Events). Like most gamers I find QTEs to be a tired and frustrating element in gaming, so why is it that I found this game so playable? Sure it infuriated the hell out of me on numerous occasions and often on top of the general annoyance of QTEs the system is finickity as well. Sometimes you'll swear to god you hit the right keys but it'll stick reward you with a big fat cross and a surprisingly bloodless death scene considering the being torn apart by a dinosaur part. When you do succeed though it is mightily satisfying and often pulse pounding because of the thrilling action playing out on screen. I know, I know "its not a proper game because theres no game play blah blah blah..." but you know what, I really don't care. I had more fun playing this than I have done playing most triple A games recently with apparently awesome gameplay.

Story and Characters:

Now as I mentioned before, the characters are your typical 'tough guy', 'joker', 'tough girl', 'annoying teen' etc. With this in mind though, this is a Jurassic Park game. Films like Jurassic Park thrive on character cliches and its not even that much of a bad thing sometimes. This is a real 'popcorn' game much like the film its based on, the characters can get annoying and say some dumb things but at the same time you'll probably find yourself warming to them. Not because they're particularly well written in a lofty 'makes you think' sort of way but in a good hollywood blockbuster sort of way.

Overall:

So after finishing the game I felt like I'd had a really good time and really enjoyed the story for what it was, there's a bit of a surprising element to the plot which I found to be quite nice, it made the story more than just a total re-tread of the original film's plot. The game is not going to be for everyone because I can be a bit slow at times and there's very little challenge beyond the occasionally infuriating QTE's, the puzzles hold your hand all the way. However, in a way it doesn't really matter because you're always looking forward to seeing what happens next in the story.

Don't go into this expecting it to change your life or provide you with a deep gaming experience because you'll come out feeling disappointed. Go into it for what it is, a thrilling joy ride that doesn't require a lot of thought but has a story that's a lot of fun. Also, if you're a Jurassic Park fan then there's a lot of easter eggs to enjoy and the feel of the world is spot on. I'd go as far as to say I'd rather have seen this as a sequel to the first film or at least instead of Jurassic Park 3 (I do like that film btw, I'm not hating).
  6. Apr 10, 2013
    I've just paid £4.99 for this and at that price it is brilliant I like it a lot, If your not a fan of Jurassic park you may not like it at all. But it is a refreshing change to other titles out there!
  7. Apr 2, 2013
    For starters, I was very excited to hear about Telltale working on a Jurassic Park game. Their work on the "Walking Dead" was a refreshing surprise. I'm not a fan of that franchise, I don't like quicktime-based gameplay, and I snickered upon seeing the bad graphics, HOWEVER the writing was fantastic! It had excellent narrative pacing, realistically intelligent characters (which you could truly care about), and it made you sweat every tiny decision because each had a consequence, be it subtle or dire. Yes, "Walking Dead" was like playing a movie a very good movie with superb story-driven interactivity, which made up for what it lacked in the gameplay and graphics department.

Now, about "Jurassic Park: The Game"... oh dear. The graphics and animations are just as crappy as "Walking Dead." Many quicktime events are ridiculously menial, and are more about basic motor functions than about exploring and investigating (the worst sequences seriously reminded me of QWOP). The characters' motives, actions and reasonings often defy logic and/or are downright obnoxious so instead of rooting for them, it's a relief if they fall unconscious or die. Your in-game decisions don't really matter, and you'll still do the same thing (or something even dumber) regardless. Basically, this has all the depth and intrigue of "Barbie Horse Adventure"... just with more quicktime events, boredom, plot holes, and dinosaurs.

To sum it up, don't waste your time or money on this poor excuse for a game. The ONLY thing they did well were the dinosaur models and dinosaur animations nothing else. If you're still morbidly curious, just watch a Let's Play of somewhere in the middle of the game since the first act is sort of okay, but it goes downhill rapidly from there.

...Tetris has a better plot: everything fits together without defying logic.
  8. Feb 17, 2013
    movie-game and it's intresting
  9. Feb 6, 2013
    After the superb The Walking Dead game series I figured I'd want more of the same and ended up trying out Jurassic Park as it's from the same developer. Unfortunately, it turned out Jurassic Park: The Game wasn't about making (moral) choices but all about mashing buttons. Unfortunately, button mashing never made for a good adventure game and it fails to deliver a movie-like experience because of the constant Quick time events. It looks the same as The Walking Dead but it just lacks the spirit and definitely doesn't suck you in with its poorly written characters. Stay away from this tripe unless you like your QTE events to come with a story. Expand
  10. Oct 10, 2012
    I am a big fan of Jurassic Park and have had some playtime with many jurassic games and even own about 3 myself, but this game is much different than I expected and not in a good way. It's not the standard RPG, or side-scroller, or FPS, or anything I ever played. It's plays like you're watching an interactive movie. I admit it is fun, but I find myself just sitting at my desk, head in one hand at times, and watching the game unfold, and when prompted I press a buss or two. Some times I even get to move my mouse to investigate, but this is definitely not a action RPG. It's a story-driven action-prompting interactive movie and I cannot recommend nor can I recommend. My personal opinion is to try a demo first or go on youtube and see how the game works. this game might not be for everyone, unless you're a real jJurassic Park fan. I like this game for the aesthetics, entertainment and storyline. Expand
  11. Sep 10, 2012
    The games provides you with an amazing universe, if you love Jurassic Park you totally gonna enjoy the game. But certain parts like the technical problems and the fruststing quick time events may prevent you sometimes from having fun. However for that price its totally worth your effort in going out to buy this. Do it.
  12. Aug 10, 2012
    At first i enjoyed this game, but the game is so buggy, that it is impossible for me to finish it. Single Episodes would be locked, even though i completed them before, the load game button would randomly disappear and when i finished the second Episode, the credits where shown. I still can´t get to Chapter 3, everything is locked, when i load a new game, i get a blackscreen.

The
    game itself is just simple buttonpressing, which works ok for the most part, not allways ( YOU HAD ONE JOB!). Graphics have a comic style which is average at best. Sound randomly resets to maximum level and is way too loud.

Since i can´t finish this game, i will try to get my money back from TTG and i am allready pissed off that i bought The Walking Dead as well, because the TTG Forums are full of people complaining about that game as well. I guess you should just never buy a game from these guys, they are very bad at troubleshooting and are generally only interested in generating money and don´t care that their games are a buggy mess.
  13. Jul 6, 2012
    People give this game a bad rap.. why? I dunno.. maybe they were expecting something else. Maybe they were expecting Turok with more adventure and puzzle solving.. maybe they were expecting a Telltale Games adventure, even though Telltale clearly said that this game is different and explained the differences. I don't know.. after I played "The Walking Dead", I wanted more of the same while I waited for the remaining episodes and this game fits that bill nicely. Yes, there's a lot of QTEs.. but then so does "The Walking Dead" and that gets a lot of high marks reviews. I think the poor reviews of Jurassic Park are based on people's expectations and not the game itself. Is it a perfect 10 out of 10 game? No.. but it's certainly not terrible as many would have you believe. Expand
  14. Jun 14, 2012
    This game is just downright boring. You completely lack any direct control of anything in this game. All you do is push buttons (some require quick reaction) and watch what happens. Ultimately that wouldn't be so bad but basically you feel like you're just sitting and watching one incredibly long cut scene and the designers punish you if you don't hit the right button fast enough. The graphics are console friendly, meaning crappy textures, crappy lighting, crappy models. Voice acting is average at best, with no great performances but a few horrible ones. The worst part of this game though is the dialogue which is bad throughout but at some points so awful it's comical. While it does feel like a Jurassic Park movie, I paid to play a game, not a movie and even as a movie it's a fairly boring one at that. If you want a good dinosaur adventure find Dino Crisis, if you want a good cinematic adventure go play King King. Both are much better time spent. Expand
  15. Jun 6, 2012
    This is one of those games I wish I read more into before making the purchase. Disliked everything, absolutely everything about the game, and would recommend everyone look at previews before you buy.
  16. Mar 3, 2012
    All pretty good episodes are included in the PC version. Interesting how the negative review's aren't over on the iPad app store where each episode costs $6.99. Approached the game with an open mind and beat E1 in one, two hour session. Unlike Battlefield the game didn't crash once on my Intel i7, Nvidia 560ti.

Graphics are meant for mobile iPad but also look good at 1080. I doubt
    any reviews are padded because this is an awsome reliving of the movie with nice pacing. I like how one mistake in a scene doesn't always get you eaten by a T-Rex. Expand
  17. Feb 13, 2012
    This is a game much better approached as an interactive story-telling feature. I have no doubt that those who bought this expecting a similar experience from previous Telltale games were severely disappointed. However, looking at the user reviews I didn't expect much. That said, I was pleasantly surprised with a little fun and a good way to kill a few hours. Not much more substance than that, but it does show how much expectations color the reception of a piece of media. Expand
  18. Feb 6, 2012
    To be honest I had a sick feeling in my gut this game would not live up to its promises. On PC the graphics get a little better and there is not constant frame rate drops like the PS3 version. If I could love one thing about this game is that the QTEs are well thought, but sometimes annoying, they won't respond sometimes and at the end for example: the game expects you to tap really, and I mean REALLY fast. I nearly broke my controller (PS3) and still missed it! Also animations are stiff, graphics are an embarrassment to technology. Trees look like paper cutouts, well, at least characters are detailed (a little) as tempting as it is don't buy this game. Expand
  19. Jan 31, 2012
    I really don't understand the hate. This game is actually pretty fun besides its flaws. QTE is a bad thing, I really despise them in a "normal" game (sometimes it's ok I guess, I'm looking at you Shenmue and God of War) but if you use them wisely in an adventure game just like Heavy Rain it can be good. Here it's good.
    Jurassic Park has a good idea, telling the story behind the story. The
    story and characters are kinda cliché and cheasy but I like it like that it works fine. The action is what got me, the tension when you have dinosaurs behind trying to kill you is like the movie. You really feel like playing a part of the first Jurassic Park movie. Expand
  20. Jan 8, 2012
    This game is indeed like an interactive movie. It's a bit cheesy and unrealistic, but I found it to be quite fun. If you're a big fan of the Jurassic Park movies, then I would suggest picking up the game, but definitely not for full price! Wait til it drops down a bit (which I'm certain it will do soon). it could be better and would definitely be a lot more fun if it were more of an action game rather than a "how fast can you push this button" game. it is fun to play it with someone watching though, so that you can laugh and make fun of it together/enjoy it for the movie-like experience that it is

tl;dr: it's an interactive, cheesy movie, but fun.
  21. Dec 30, 2011
    Lots of the reviews here are unjust: Some way too positve but most way to negative. I try to give a review that does justice to this game. A game that has brought me much joy for about 10 hours I think.
    Some people mention that the graphics are poor, well I have to disagree. Ofcourse the graphics aren't top notch, but they still make the dino's and jungle realistic and impressive. I would
    say graphics are about an 7,5 Sound is superb, just like the movie. The soundtrack and the dino sounds are bone chilling. The voice acting is what is should be: believable and not stereotypical ( you know like in most shooters they have a super bad ass sounding macho man ugh) Sound is a solid 8,5 I think maybe even a 9

This game is NOT however a DINO SHOOTER. I think many gamers were disappointed by that. I have thought about it, but giving guns to the lead characters would have destroyed much of the tension and fear you experience as a player. It would then have been another shooter, but with dino's. The thing many people didn't like was the lack of gameplay freedom: you can't walk around with keyboard and mouse like in gta 4 or games like fallout, far cry, or whatever.
    It bugged me a bit in the beginning, though I was aware of it because I read some reviews on here. I thought about it, and have come to the conclusion that this gameplay is the only way to make a game with dino's and WITHOUT guns possible. When the lead characters can't defend themselves, they can only run and hide. So either you make hundreds of points where people can hide: let's say narrow caves, or climb trees or whatever. Or you make the game scripted, which Telltale have chosen to do. I personaly feel scripted works out for this game, though I would have liked the 'hide and climb tree' way too.

The game feels like an interactive movie, like a 10 hour movie of jurassic park, and that is what I loved about it. You still have dialogue options, though you can ask them all or just press the one that continues the story. It is not like in role playing games where your actions significantly change the story. Am not sure whether some conversation options changed something, will have to play it again to see that. Which I will probably do, just not now, I wan't to savour the second play through, so maybe in a year or so.

So the thing is that the game isn't as active as most shooters, mainly because it isn't a shooter: it is a psychological horror story with dino's which captures the spirit of Jurassic Park the movie part 1. The other Jurassic park movies were garbage and luckily the game doesn't emulate those. I bought it for 15 euros about 20 dollar which I think is a fair price for this game. If you liked the movie you will like this. Unless ofcourse you are a hardcore shooter fan, than this game is not for you. My final verdict, an 8, or maybe 8-
  22. Dec 28, 2011
    I don't think a lot of people really understand what Telltale Games was trying to do when they made this game. The point was to create an adventure that had the look, feel and atmosphere of the original Jurassic Park movie, and I'd say that they succeeded. The gameplay, I understand, is a common point of criticism due to being made up of point-and-click exploration and quicktime events. But I think it works for a movie-game like this. If it's supposed to have the feel of a movie, it wouldn't be as authentic if you were able to control the characters directly.
    Story is where Telltale is really in its element here, and that's really the primary selling point of the game. Every character is realistic and morally ambiguous, with ulterior motives that prevent them from being mere caricatures. The story mainly revolves around the characters' attempt at survival, stranded on Isla Nublar, but there's also a little subplot about a "secret" dinosaur that was never put on display in the park due to reasons InGen would rather keep secret. The story takes great care to tie up all the movie's loose ends - it even explains why all the dinosaurs have anatomical inaccuracies.
    Many of the game's detractors say that the story is linear and that no choice that you make affects future events in the long run, but that isn't completely true. There are multiple endings that you can choose from, and there's even one where only one character survives. And besides, you don't choose how the events in movies play out, do you?
    The average graphics are pretty forgivable - Telltale is a very small-scale, low-budget studio, so you can't especially blame them. The music is taken directly from John Williams's original score and all the original dinosaur sounds are reused here, so no complaints there.
    In the end, this will only really appeal to the casual demographic due to the interactive-movie gameplay and the unimpressive graphics. But if you love the original Jurassic Park movie, I think you'll find something to enjoy in this game.
  23. Dec 27, 2011
    I am a huge Jurassic Park fan and yet I find myself giving this game a zero. I bought this game after watching the trailer and looking through screen pics. Nowhere in the official trailer does it show how the game actually plays, like a low quality interactive movie. I've seen DVDs with more interaction than this game. Controls are slow or absent, and when you actually get to do something, it lasts up to 20 seconds before the next cut scene. The title, Jurassic Park: the game is a lie. I felt that deep, dark feeling of being ripped off even after paying half price. It did teach me to always check youtube for game-play trailers before making a purchase. Thank you Telltale games, for a title with so much potential that turned into disappointment. Expand
  24. Dec 27, 2011
    I am a huge fan of the classic graphic adventure gaming genre and a big fan of the Jurassic Park franchise (read both books, loved the first movie, hated the second one, and didn't bother to watch the third one yet). Let me start out by saying that The Jurassic Park: The Game is a GREAT game. It's actually one of the best games that I have played in recent years.

I had been putting off
    buying this game because of the negative press that Telltale was getting (i.e., the "Jeep" incident and the metacritic allegation), but finally made the purchase on Steam along with Batman: Arkham City at 50% discount. Guess which one of these games I found myself coming back to again and again? Yes, I enjoyed playing JPTG even more so than Arkham City, which I felt was basically a rehash of the excellent first game.

Now to the game itself. First off, to me this game is the epitome of cinematic storytelling done right in a video game. I can't say enough about how immersive the gaming experience was. I haven't played Heavy Rain or Uncharted series since I don't own a PS3 (although I did play Fahrenheit), so I can't compare the game to those established franchises known for superb storytelling, but as far as I am concerned, the plot, cinematography, music, and dialogue were all excellent. This was no doubt possible only through JPTG's heavy reliance on the "quicktime" game play, which I understand has a lot of detractors. However, after playing through the game, I think this type of gameplay was the best (and possibly only) way to tell this story effectively since the JP franchise is so synonymous with thrills and actions. I admit that some of these action sequences were quite challenging and I died a whole lot. But even some of the death sequences (i.e., getting eaten by dinos) were satisfying to watch. The interface also allows "narrating" the story from different perspectives at the same time, which was quite interesting and ingenious in my opinion. Some adventure purists may feel that the inability to move the characters directly restricting, but I personally didn't mind this at all. I played JPTG with my XBox 360 controller and I do highly recommend playing with one. I'd imagine doing those quick time sequences with a mouse/keyboard would be significantly less enjoyable somehow.

The puzzles are extremely well designed. They are logical and realistic, and are seamlessly integrated into the plot. As such, the puzzles don't require cartoonish logic (No "apply molasses to cat hair to make a fake mustache" type of nonsensical puzzles) and often objects that behave realistically like their real-life counterparts.

One of JPTG's strongest suits is its dialogue. The game overall is very well scripted. Although you won't mistake it for a Sorkin flick, the quality of writing is far better than some of the drabs you find in today's Hollywood blockbusters. The characters are both varied and interesting. Each character has a back story, which gets developed slowly throughout the game, and plays an important role to advance the overall plot. The story is face-paced and thrilling at some points and emotional and thought-provoking at others. The scientific tidbits that are introduced throughout the game are both interesting and consistent with the JP lore. One interesting thing that Telltale attempts to do in JPTG is to correct some of the scientific inaccuracies that were introduced in the original movie by explaining that the frog DNAs that were spliced into the dinos by Dr. Wu had introduced these "anomalies" in JP's dinosaurs.

Now for the bad parts, which aren't that many. The most obvious one is its graphics, which is the biggest gripe that I have had with virtually all of Telltales' titles. It's definitely not top-of-the-line. But, then again, it is certainly "serviceable." The animation is quite fantastic in many areas actually. I don't know if they used motion-capturing technology, but the animations in a lot of the action sequences are top notch and the facial expressions are certainly good enough to covey the emotional depths. But the character models themselves lack the details and look "plasticky" under certain lighting conditions. The jungle, which is pretty much everywhere in this game, looks quite cheap if you look closely. The swaying grass and bushes are simply 2D textures moving side to side. That said, this is certainly the most graphically advanced game that Telltale has created so far. (I don't know if that's supposed to be a commendation or an indictment, but hey.) For those of you who are fans of adventure games, scientific fictions, or just dinosaurs in general, I highly recommend this game. For the Jurassic Park aficionados, JPTG is truly a worthy (and might I say "essential") addition to the beloved but aging franchise that is in sore need of its own "resurrecting."
  25. Dec 24, 2011
    It's bad that I keep reading these user reviews about how they felt the game should be and what it should have included, and because it didn't meet those specific expectations, it was a terrible game. Honestly, reviewing the game itself, ignoring my preconceptions, it wasn't that bad a game. Yes, this is NOT the traditional adventure game with lots of difficult puzzles or even an inventory. This is a game full of QTEs and some minor puzzles. It feels like more of an experience than a game in many ways, and it kept me engaged the whole time because I knew that, at any moment, I'd be forced to quickly respond to a QTE. I felt the story was done justice, though I haven't read the book or watched the movie in a VERY long time (haven't read the book since before the first movie was ever released!), and if I wanted to watch the movie again I'd do that instead of trying to play this game. The game is a separate story arc, happening at the same time as the original book/movie.

My gripe with the game is that sometimes the QTEs are just plain not fair. There is no indication to what you're going to have to be hitting in some cases, and you'd just have to blindly guess and have a lot of luck to ever get them right on the first try. For example, a left arrow with a single ring always means hit left once. But a left arrow with a double ring SOMETIMES means hit left twice but other times means hit left followed by a different direction. And this I would forgive if there was some tolerance for wrong keys in this system, but there are times where if you do not hit the right sequence within quarter second, you fail. Telltale, if you ever do another game with QTEs, go look at Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy. It's another adventure game relying HEAVILY on QTEs, but they never cheat the player. I enjoyed the QTEs for the most part, but there were times I just got pissed off and stopped having fun because I wasn't even clued in to what was going to happen.

The other small problem I have had issues with is my mouse disappearing if I pause. I don't even have to alt+tab out of the game, and my drivers are all up to date. It's just a rather random glitch.
  26. Dec 24, 2011
    Summary (quick review):

I'm reviewing this after playing the first episode (and a bit of no 2). This is a very good game. Its very cinematic, with good (IMO) animation and art, and a great way to translate a cinematic action/thriller movie to a game. A combination of quick time events, puzzle solving, and story telling in a nice blend. It is very linear, which some may not like. Also,
    it has very stylized graphics, which others may be turned off by. This isn't a great game (few are), but it ist a very good one. Not everyone will like it though. Its an interactive story telling experience, not quite a movie or a traditional game. If that sounds interesting, you might want to give it a try.

Long review:

The game is best described as an interactive story. The goal I think was to get you to "experience" a Jurassic Park adventure. Almost (but not quite) a long cut scene with Quick Time Events (push buttons in response to prompts). Usually the pacing works like this: a) Conversation with someone, using conversation wheel a la mass effect (or some other Tell Tale Games).
    b) Puzzle solving bit. Usually nothing too hard.
    c) Action sequence. Respond to various button pushes, controller movements, and simple minigames in response to prompts. Make a mistake and your "score" for the sequence goes down. Screw up at a really bad point and you get viciously killed. By itself, this would be glorified simon says, but in the context of the story and the animated reactions this is more exciting than it sounds. Generally, the pacing seems good between action, exposition, and puzzle solving. Sometimes the puzzles seemed to take a little too long to me (not hard, just several steps to complete), given the nature of the game. I prefer the action or conversation bits. Sometimes these all can be mixed. Sometimes an action sequence has some pauses with puzzle bits too. I liked this approach. I think it is a very good way to translate the feel of the movie to a game. The movie had lots of scares from Dinosaurs jumping out at the characters, and the characters using quick thinking and resourcefulness to survive. I really don't know how else you'd translate this. Typical action game controls wouldn't give the same feel. A traditional adventure game isn't very "exciting". I think the QTE method gives the FEEL of the action parts of the movie.

That said, it does make it highly linear. There also isn't much in they way of alternative routes through the story (like Heavy Rain). If you fail badly enough, you die and restart the sequence. I think this is sensible given the nature of the story, which is one of survival. Not as complex as Heavy Rain. Graphics:

Fairly stylized, and a tad cartoony. Realistic graphics would have been preferable. Hoever, actually doing something photo realistic would have required a much larger budget than I think can be poured into this old franchise, so going stylized is understandable, and I got used to it pretty quickly. The dinos themselves are fairly realistically modeled, if a little low poly count by today's standards. One thing that impressed me was how much animation was packed into this. Mostly all unique animations are used for each action sequence (I wasn't scrutinizing this much, they probably reused animations, but it was done so I didn't notice in my playthrough). Story:
    Again, only the first episode here, but I thought it was good. The characters are traditional tropes, but likable ones. I felt bad every time I got one of the killed anyway :-). The story so far is one of survival, which is what I was expecting. I'm impressed at how seamlessly the whole thing has fit into the movie storyline so far.

Sound:
    Good. Uses movie soundtrack.

Conclusion:
    This was a labor of love. That is pretty obvious. Its too bad its not being well received, but that's understandable I guess. Many people don't like quick time events, and the cartoony graphics can be turn offs. Its important to go into this expecting what it is: an interactive cinematic movie experience. Neither movie nor traditional video game.
  27. Dec 21, 2011
    I really liked the game, is not as bad as they say... they clearly should have changed the name of the game to "Jurassic Park the Interactive Movie", the graphics are ok but not excellent, the animations could be better but does the job.

Dont be fooled by all the hate, the game is not bad and you should probably play it if you remember your childhood, there is a lot of nostalgia going on
    when i play the game. Expand
  28. Dec 17, 2011
    What game is an interesting idea for some adventure. The game reminds us of the classic adventure games that are not np.TPP and do not show what is not known, however, shootings, etc. The game is just an interesting idea, and only at the beginning looks really interesting, but the longer we play the game we see that this is not such a production and creators have to learn a little more. The game is too simple, it shows too many quick time events, and is simply too shallow. My rating - 6 / 10 Expand
  29. Dec 11, 2011
    As this is supposed to be a "game" i shall review it as a game wich it is clearly not. If you buy this cause your a huge fan of "Jurassic Park" you might find some enjoyment when looking at it as a (mediocre made) interactive movie, if you buy this game cause your a gamer and you expect a game, then dont, you will be very dissapointed. Youll just have the feeling at looking at a very long cutscene with at the end no gameplay Expand
  30. Dec 7, 2011
    as a TellTale fan this really hurt when I played their newest game: JP. While the graphics are a huge improvement from their past titles they seems to be a huge discrepancy between graphics and gameplay here. The gameplay, to put it simply, it just laughably bad.

Don't waste your time on this game.
  31. Dec 6, 2011
    This game is sturdy and a robust, fun experience. I found it similar to Dragon Age Origins, with its amazing story line and characters that you get attached to. Do NOT expect a game where you control every aspect of it, but enjoy the characters and the story, get up on the edge of your seat, and prepare for a visual roller coaster.
  32. Dec 5, 2011
    Nice game/interactive movie. Good to sit back and relax to after a normal intense game playing session. Ok graphics and great sound. Takes about 5-7 hours to complete with a little replayability getting all the gold medals. Pity theres no vibration when using a 360 pad and a few graphical stutters here and there.
  33. Dec 3, 2011
    WOW I never Imagined metacritic would remove reviews, TOO BAD,this game is still a ZERO! Its obvious by the actions of Telltale games that they are desperate for this game to sell, what with destroying a jurassic park themed jeep and trying to stiff the guy that loaned it to them,telltale employees giving false 10's and then following it up by saying that they dont have a problem with that. Nevermind that the game is a linear QTE that pays lip service at best to the JP IP. Expand
  34. Dec 3, 2011
    This "game" kept me and a bunch of my friends (most of whom don't play video games, other than Angry Birds) quite entertained for something like eight (non-consecutive) hours. If you're looking for deep gameplay, or even much gameplay at all, turn around now - but if you're looking for a fun, linear, well-scripted, well-acted adventure game that is easy enough to take turns with non-gamers as well as experienced adventure gamers, look no further. And if that applies and you also happen to be a Jurassic Park fan, then this bargain-priced "game" may be your best gaming purchase of the year. Expand
  35. Nov 29, 2011
    Just wondering when this game is actually going to let me play it in between all those FMVs and one shot kill QTE's And the graphics look incredibly dated. Even for a TTG game. I mean the original movie is nearly 20 years old now. How can it have better looking CGI than a game made this year?
  36. Nov 27, 2011
    If I wanted to watch a movie I would watch a movie. For some reason Telltale believes this is the only kind of gameplay (if you want to call it that) that can provide a Cinematic experience. I guess they never played Uncharted or the dozen other titles that does just that. Personally, I find it rather lazy and a lame excuse. They need to remember they are creating a video game. If they want to make mediocre movies they are in the wrong business. Expand
  37. Nov 25, 2011
    Metacritic had the audacity to delete my review, so I'm posting it again. Guess what, it's still a contender for WORST GAME OF THE YEAR AWARD! ZERO POINTS
  38. Nov 25, 2011
    Garbage. Remember those interactive FMV movie games from yesteryear? Stuff like Dragon's Lair, Silent Steel, or Rebel Assault? Oh, that's right, we all willingly forgot about that crap.

What we have here is a dramatic departure for TellTale games. Instead of a fun, scary, rewarding adventure game, we have a B-Movie that looks like a 10-year-old videogame and which occasionally requires
    you to hit buttons on your keyboard. I see what they were going for - they wanted this to be Heavy Rain with Jurassic Park. Unfortunately, they have no idea what made Heavy Rain engaging. For starters, professional quality storytelling, branching storylines (based on your actions or inactions), and legitimate problem solving and decision making.

Instead, Jurassic Park plays out as a poorly written, cheaply designed cartoon with Dance-Dance-Revolution layered on top to in an attempt to give you the illusion of participation. It's neither fun nor engaging. In fact it's outright boring. If the story had been great, some of this may have been forgivable (to the tune of 2/10 instead of 0) - but the characters are ridiculous, unbelievable, and unlikable, the prevalence of some strange new hallucinogenic dinosaur is awkward, and everything about the game feels tedious.

Games are fun and interactive, Jurassic Park does not qualify as a game. Next time I have a choice between playing Jurassic Park and doing dishes, I'm going to make sure those dishes sparkle.
  39. Nov 24, 2011
    If you approach this title as an interactive movie instead of an interactive game you'll have a very enjoyable experience with a decent story, passable graphics and fantastic voice acting. Jurassic Park fans will certainly love what feels like a "canon" installment in the franchise. If on the other hand you're looking for a game with a "modern" feel, you will have to look elsewhere as the gameplay is very simplified and non-varied, desperately in need for more puzzle experiences. Expand
  40. Nov 23, 2011
    This game is one for fans. I know, because i am one, and just completed it. Story is awesome in the context of JP, graphics are fine for what they're trying to do (don't understand why people complain about these lol). What i do have a problem with is some of the button press sequences are too fast, probably by design, so that you get to see the dinosaur deaths they put so much time into making, and they get some replayability out of it if you want to get your gold medal. That's cheap. Would have given it an 8 for the story if it wasn't for that mechanic (requiring you in some instances to see the same death sequence over and over again to learn the button presses). Expand
  41. Nov 23, 2011
    The zero is for the developers who came on here to boost their score. shame on you guys. This game lacks in all areas. It's more like a quick time event than a game.
  42. Nov 21, 2011
    Since a couple of Telltale employees have decided to go on here and boost the score of their own game, I'm giving it a zero for that reason. Normally I wouldn't say the game is THAT bad but it really ticks me off when devs do sketchy things like this.
  43. Nov 21, 2011
    Get Gemini Rue instead of this turd. This is some kind of casual "cinematic" QTE-fest. Telltale game no longer produces adventure games. Thankfully there are better companies out there.
  44. Nov 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The one problem I have with Jurassic Park: The Game, besides a few minor bugs (there are some cutscene bits that play twice in a row)... is that the writers apparently missed that there were only two adult raptors alive at the end of the movie, while the game features a whopping five of them.

Sure, the graphics could have been a bit sharper, but most of the time they get the job done, and there's nothing wrong with the aesthetics. The music is fantastic, and felt just right for the Jurassic Park franchise. While I'm reviewing the PC version of the game, I can only recommend that you plug in a good Xbox 360 controller and play it with that, as I found the experience with the controller to be more fitting this particular adventure sub-genre.

The dinosaurs were all utilized well, and the battle and escape sequences were exhilarating. Everything from fending off a pack of dilophosaurs to killing a lone raptor or trying your best to avoid a "battle of the beasts" between the park's T-Rex and a triceratops. It really got the adrenaline pumping.

I knew that this game was going to be Heavy Rain-esque from the start, and I'm glad I took a chance and sunk my big dino teeth into it. I now feel much more inclined to give Heavy Rain an honest chance, because Jurassic Park was without a doubt a great game. Don't let any amount of abuse of the Metacritic User Reviews (be it from Telltale employees or the herds of minimum score spammers) convince you otherwise.
  45. Nov 20, 2011
    First things first, the voice acting and the story of this game are top notch. Everything else is awful. I have really enjoyed previous Telltale games like "Tales from Monkey Island" and the "Sam & Max" series. In those I felt like I was actually doing something, that I actually had to figure something out. In "Jurassic Park" you push directional keys and point yourself at obvious places to make discoveries. I did not really at any time feel like I was really playing a game. This is not the adventure type of game that I really love to play. I'm not sure what this is. Mildly interactive at best. Expand
  46. Nov 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a Jurassic Park fan since 2 1/2 years I have to say that I loved the story for Jurassic Park: The Game. It was flushed out with minor character development flaws. Way better than the third film, and dare I say it is possibly better than the second film. I will admit that when starting the game I had an â Expand
  47. Nov 20, 2011
    The game doesn't shine in any aspects like graphics or soundtrack. The animation makes it seem like a rushed work. The story is OK for most of the game, but overall it's sub par. I won't give spoilers, but the (good) ending is so idiotic that it makes you want your money back.

But the worst thing is the playability. It's sold like an adventure game, but there's less than a handful puzzles
    to solve, and they are so shallow as to be unchallenging even to an 8-years-old child. 99% of the time you'll just be doing Quick-Time-Events. Expand
  48. Nov 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good: The game stays true to the first film, the characters have their own fascinating stories, a couple of interesting cliffhangers, many blood pumping moments and being able to access scenes easily is a great feature.

Bad: The game has many lag problems, a few game mechanic bugs that need sorting out, each episode are a little shorter than you may have thought and why is there no special guest appearance?

Read my full review here: http://www.nave360.com/review/jurassic-park-the-game-pc/
  49. Nov 20, 2011
    I will be straight, right off the bat. I really liked this game. It certainly had issues, but I enjoyed it. Let's break it down into the various aspects of the game.

1.Story

I loved the story in the game. It was my favorite part, and what kept me playing the game until I beat it. I wanted to see what would happen, I wanted to see how things worked, and I wanted to see how things ended,
    when all was said and done. This was my favorite part of the game, and what kept me going after dying ten times during a level (discussed in the Gameplay part of my review). I don't wish to discuss many details, because it would spoil the game, and I'm sure there's plenty of resources out there to get the game spoiled if you want to know everything about it. The only real downside is that I found myself getting too sucked into the story...and when the time came to actually play the game, I'd find myself floundering or missing those first few Quick Time buttons at the beginning, being thrown into it with little warning at times. 2.Gameplay The gameplay...needed work. While there is a brief tutorial at the beginning, the gameplay needs to be figured out some, which is annoying. I want to know how to play the game properly. Additionally, I'm forced to either use the WASD keys or a controller. I'd like to be able to either customize them, or use the arrow keys on the keyboard instead. But no go there. Many times I feel like I'm given no time to react to what I need to do. By the time I see what I need to press, it's already too late. Thankfully, the game does realize when you're sucking, and will make it easier, by having less you need to press in a row. Perhaps this is an issue with my frame rate, or something to do with me, but I've never had any issues like that with other games. It is, however, a neat idea, and I like how you'll see how you've screwed up when you do, such as getting killed, or just stumbling. But when more often then not that I end up dying or stumbling then doing it right, and that's just frustrating to someone who has been playing video games for most of his life. When not doing these Quick Time events, the game gives a bit of a Phoenix Wright feel. You can to investigate the area and figure out what to do, what to say, and where to look in order to continue. While this can be annoying figuring out what the sequence of events you need to do, it's not especially difficult. Finally, the Quick Time events can happen suddenly without warning, as stated in the Story part of my review. It would have been nice to be given a little warning, but that may just be a personal issue with me. 3.Characters I liked the characters. I liked how a very minor character from the movie got a chance to shine, and the new characters were fun as well. I truly believed these were real people, and I loved their different motivations for surviving or any ulterior motives they had. I wanted to know about these characters, I wanted to see how they'd live or die on the island, and it was interesting to see the motivations change or reveal themselves throughout the story. The characters grew, and in a believable way. I certainly hope to see these characters again, sometime in the future. 4.Graphics The graphics were good. They weren't mind blowing, but they were good. The characters conveyed emotion, and I was never pulled away from the world by a character or dinosaur moving weirdly. Considering this game seems more like an interactive movie then a game, I would say the graphics are good for a movie. If it was a movie, I would hope they'd be more polished, but for a game like this, it's good. 5.Miscellaneous Many times my mouse cursor would simply disappear, and the only way to get it back was to exit the game and start it up again. This was very annoying. The length of the game...was pretty short. It took me eight hours to play through the game, and while there is replay value, I can't see this game being worth more then maybe 20 or so hours worth of play time. Considering the game costs about 30 dollars, the price is a little steep for a short game like this. Overall, I have to say the game was good story wise, but needs more work on the 'game' part. Expand
  50. Nov 19, 2011
    A remarkable Jurassic Park experience. Almost two decades dreaming of coming back to Isla Nublar, a bit tired of Sorna at one point. Loved Laura Sorkin and her quarrel with InGen.
  51. Nov 19, 2011
    Crap, this is buggy and terrible and should never have been released. The biggest waste of money I have ever spent. Shame on the company and shame on this game for bothering to release this waste of a game!
  52. Nov 19, 2011
    Contendor for worst adventure game ever. Massive FAIL in the story department and honestly, what's up with the art direction in this game? I showed my wife this and her assessment was that the art folks were "Noobs trying to hard". Kind of like when someone learns how to use a word processor for the first time and use every font at their disposal. Don't buy this one. I understand why THE EMPLOYEES ARE INFLATING THE SCORE. They are worried for their jobs (and they should be).

'Nuff said.
  53. Nov 19, 2011
    Totally worth the money :). You don't have to look on it like it's an game, but more like an interactive movie.
    I love this kind of games (Heavy Rain, Fahrenheit), and this is an great addition to the 'interactive movie' genre. Go check it out bros!
  54. Nov 19, 2011
    Ok please read guys for a honest opinion. Do not look at this "game" as a game. Its more of a interactive movie with old graphics. The graphics are not good, the playability is questionable, but as a Jurassic Park story!? YES. The voice acting is good, the scenes and story feel like jurassic park and as a diehard fan, i just had to "watch" it to the end. It even has humour in it. If your looking for a good "game" then this is not for you. If your looking for a interactive jurassic park story (like i was)... then buy it, from what i have seen its not that heavy on the pocket anyways. P.S. i have amended my review because everyone is rating the game low due because of the two employess voting up the game... which is not a fair vote of the game. Expand
  55. Nov 19, 2011
    The game is mildly speaking sub par. Has trouble with graphics on computers with more than adequate graphical power. And for someone who has watched the movies this is an utter disappointment. but what REALLY drags down the score is telltale employees trying to boost the scare to a fake level with only favourable reviews. Here is a hint guys, when stuff like that happens and we find out we unleash the **** like this game did. Expand
  56. Nov 19, 2011
    This is not a game, but a huge quick time event. If you want to press 1 button every 5 seconds then try the "game", but otherwise don't bother with it. If you mess up one or two buttons you are dead, and have to restart the whole part again. Gets repetative and REALLY boring after one or two trys.
    Other then then the non existant gameplay, the characters are not interesting, the voice
    acting is so-so, and the graphics are terrible. Expand
  57. Nov 18, 2011
    As a game, this fails completely in every possible way. Quite simply, it is not really a game. It is an interactive movie. Had it been a movie instead of a game, it would score a bit higher than 0. "Press a button to watch the next cutscene" does not count as gameplay.
  58. Nov 18, 2011
    This Game isn't that bad. I gave this Game a 4, mediocre game. could be better, cartoonish graphics, this game could have been perfect if it was designed for children. A cousin of mine, who has 7 years old, she liked that game, even tho she never saw the movie. Only cartoon about dinosaurs.
    The acting could definitely be better, cutscenes, meeeeh it does the job. Gameplay, well, there
    isn't much to do. This could be like a Toy Story game, to bad its not. Expand
  59. Nov 18, 2011
    This game is by no stretch perfect. The graphics are reflective of Telltale's pedigree. The music, aside from the cues referencing John William's score, is poor. Billy Yoder and Miles Chadwick are some of the more obnoxious characters in gaming. But as a Jurassic Park fan, this game had great fan service; the game was very evocative of the films, suspenseful and thrilling, despite the limited control. The characters (despite the two mentioned) are very likeable and fleshed out. This game is worth playing if you love the initial Jurassic Park film, and are interested in revisiting Isla Nublar. Expand
  60. Nov 18, 2011
    One of the worst "games" I have every played. This is not a game, this is a quasi-interactive CGI (terribly animated at that) movie. Also, I heard that on the XBox 360 version of this some TellTale folks padded the user reviews. That's absolutely inexcusable.
  61. Nov 18, 2011
    Having had previous good experiences with Telltale, especially with their epic installment of Back to the Future, I find their Jurassic Park game a horrendous experience. Previous titles of Telltale were epitomes of the adventure genre and, despite how I would prefer they ditch episodes in favour of full games, I have enjoyed their releases very much so far. Jurassic Park is almost nothing like an adventure game, but rather more a continuous Quick Time Event (QTE) game in the same stretch as old-timer Dragon's Lair. Most of the game consists of you having to press the WASD-keys in indicated order or repeatedly pressing them to fulfill some action. Failure in doing so can result in your character dying and a death toll being increased. Long standing adventure series players might remember that the Lucasfilm/Lucasarts adventures stopped with deaths in adventures when the Monkey Island series started. In that way it's a step back, especially as your performance gets graded in each section. The game's video settings forces you to wait through each resolution mode change before you can move on to the next. If you have a big resolution monitor, be prepared to wait for a few minutes before you finally arrive at your desired resolution. The game's graphics/art might have worked for the more cartoony/comical games they previously released, but for Jurassic Park is seems to fall short a bit, yet the game "feels" very heavy. And then there's the multitude of graphical and game glitches that constantly jar and interrupt the storytelling. It's even more annoying when you are in a static scene and can scroll the viewpane around, only to wonder why your movement is forced to some specific part, in a misguided attempt to help the player find a clue or the next step to text. I am really surprised things like these were not even picked up during Q&A. A serious letdown in my opinion. Expand
  62. Nov 17, 2011
    Very boring game. It may have good spelling and complete sentences but that is about all it has going for it. Not the game I was expecting. Many more interesting and compelling games out right now, do not waste your money.
  63. Nov 17, 2011
    Very fun game. Feels like a mix between Heavy Rain & L.A Noire. Same graphics & sound as the previous Back to the Future games so if you liked the style of them you will like the style of this. Obviously not gonna win any awards but that's not their goal. 10/10 for pure enjoyment. Makes a change that you can die in a Telltale game too.
  64. Nov 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is for die hard Jurassic Park fans only. The graphics are pretty ugly in portions, with jagged, pixelated messes in various scenes. The gameplay is entirely made up of quicktime events which are extremely awkward to do with a mouse and keyboard. You'll find yourself, at best, repeatedly pressing Up Down over and over to do even the most simple of tasks.
    The plot is pretty weak and the characters are all shallow archetypes. Cut-throat merc that is totally not Michelle Rodriguez, her cowardly evil boss, Not Alan Grant as the dad, and his annoying, too dumb to live daughter who is totally not a mix between the two kids in the first JP.
    The most enjoyment you'll get out of this is failing (the death scenes can be hilarious) and spotting the countless JP references.
  65. Nov 17, 2011
    Since Telltale took to Metacritic to inflate their own user score i thought i'd throw my opinion in too(the 10s here are from TT employees, they were called out on gaming forums for this). I got this terrible game for reupping my PS+ but if i had paid i'd probably be seeking a refund. The "gameplay" is a joke. Imagine if heavy rain ended the game after every mistake rather than change the story to fit what occurred. Now imagine if Heavy Rain gave you no control whatsoever, you simply did quick time events to progress everything, with basically no choices throughout the entire game. Now imagine if Heavy Rains framerate was so bad that you could easily miss a QTE happening (in fact i had an entire scene where no button prompts even showed up, i simply had to restart.)

I'm not just being rude, its really that bad. It makes a complete mockery of the book/film, the voice acting is horrid ( and seemed to have very little direction in the actors defense), the few throwbacks to JP humor are so poorly presented that you may think its some 4th wall breaking satire. Its not. Its a development house thats used the very last of its creative juices, and long ago at that.

The framerate isn't the only technical problem. The game hangs on the end of nearly every scene. I actually thought it had crashed a few times only for it to recover and chug along. I can't imagine it EVER reaches 30 fps. When restarting some checkpoints, a QTE will start and never show the button prompt, leaving you to guess while you burn through lives.

All in all this is an absolute embarrassment for TT, and they should be ashamed. This game would take another 6 months to polish, but the concept is so bad that it wouldn't have been worth it.
  66. Nov 17, 2011
    I have been looking forward to this game for quite a while and I am happy to say that I was not disappointed. While the controls were slightly frustrating at times, I have to say that this game is a complete cinematic experience. I do not mean in terms of graphics, which are a step up from Telltales recent back to the future game, but I refer to the storyline. The characters are very believeable and have great personalities and back-story, everything ties in very well to the first movie......its just fantastic. You should not be dissapointed. Expand
  67. Nov 17, 2011
    If you're looking for a cinematic story in more of a point and click adventure, then Jurassic Park: The Game is, well, your game! Sure, the graphics aren't mind blowing or next gen, but that's not what this game (or any other Telltale game) has been about. The story, the puzzles, everything is in good fun and you can tell by the way this game has been made that Telltale tried to keep it as close as possible to the original movie. Also, the game play is likened more to Heavy Rain, which works great, but only if you're into that kind of thing. Knowing all of this I had a great time playing this game! Expand
  68. Nov 17, 2011
    Well, to me It is more like an interactive movie then a game. But Its really fun interactive movie. The story nicely expands the original jp story, Its nothing extra but to me Its better then JP2 story, not talking about JP3. Action sequences are great and the atmosfere is really close to 1st JP movie. The downside of game is the graphics. The dinosaurs are well modeled, but the enviroment specially jungle are poor. But despite that I really enjoyed this interactive movie. If you are fan of Jurassic Park I think you will not be let down. Expand
  69. Nov 17, 2011
    For a game developer that prides itself at story telling and being big Jurassic Park fans, Telltale fail badly at both. This game is a huge, huge let down. The game has practically nothing to do with the film other than finding the Barbasol can and discovering Dennis Nedrys corpse at the start of the game. The voice acting and dialogue in this game is atrocious and cheesy, the Characters are either boring, annoying or just don't belong in a Jurassic park game. Telltale missed so many great opportunities to make this a great game for Jurassic park fans to revist and explore key areas of the film.... What about discovering Robert Muldoons SPAS-12 shotgun and his hat that he removed just before his famous last words? Or revisting the Tyrannosaur paddock and finding the trashed tour cars and Gennaro? Discovering what happend to Ray Arnold in the maintenance shed? or evan finding a frozen raptor that was trapped in the freezer in the Kitchen scene? The great locations of the film are hardly seen, insted we vist ridiculous areas such as a rollercoaster in one of the most pointless and dumbest scenes in the whole game. For a game that considers itself to be faithful to the original film, it is a massive failure. Expand
  70. Nov 16, 2011
    Not so great. All the characters are hard trope-bound archetypes, and when TellTale was dealing with cartoony games ala Sam & Max or the heavily stylized Back to the Future adventure games, it was easy to get away with that. The graphics are bad, and even though TT have demonstrated their ability to frame their games attractively, there's a lot of places where the weakness of their engine is put in center stage even though it looks like it should something in the side or behind the parts that have more than 5 polygons in them. Also, yes, the gameplay is heavily derivative of Heavy Rain where it's nothing but Quick Time Events, but it's done BADLY. In regard to Heavy Rain, say what you will about the game, the motions you were directed towards actually translated quite naturally to the actions of the characters. In Jurassic Park, the actions are tedious, you will be tapping the same two or three buttons rapidly OVER and OVER the moment you start the game. When you're not running from dinosaurs, it plays very similar to TT's adventure games where you have to accomplish a goal by click on certain things in a certain order before you find a cutscene (lots of tapping) and move on. But one consistent annoyance is when you look at something, the camera will want to pan up/left/right to acknowledge a clue. To pan the camera, you have to tap a button for 5-6 seconds fast enough EVERY time. Whether you're looking at footprints or a window, whatever else, the game finds a way to annoy you with repetitive, immersion breaking button tapping. You're also given dialogue options, but it's all filler until you find the one that actually moves the story along and it's usually one off lines to reinforce how much of a jerk a character is or is some callback to the movie. The game has some charm to it, but the style and actual gameplay do little but suck away what enjoyment I could have for the game. It's through and through a love letter to Jurassic Park, from the faithful music to the Dodgson jokes, taking place alongside the movie, and it tries hard to be likable, but playing it is just not fun and cannot be recommended. Expand
  71. Nov 16, 2011
    It comes down to this. If you love Jurassic Park, this game is for you.

Another Telltale games masterpiece. Great voice acting, great story, pretty good gameplay. The gameplay itself is mostly point and click, you need to take an action, click left, then down, ect.. But there is a bit of puzzles involved has well. The story is amazing, running parallel to the first movie (which I
    believe to be the superior one) and concludes the story involving Nedry's can. (This has actually always bothered me that they gave it such a huge "final" scene in the movie, but never followed up with it.)

Yes, the graphics aren't 100% next generation, but they are done well enough that you feel immersed the whole time, so can't argue. Besides, the story and the gameplay is what you are buying. All in all, great game, enough to pull me off of Skyrim for a while.
  72. Nov 17, 2011

1. Jun 9, 2012
    Jurassic Park: The Game is a bad interactive B-movie that takes place in Jurassic Park, in which you'll mindlessly and without any tension ram buttons. A historically bad game.
  2. Apr 22, 2012
    The game is most certainly not for everyone - especially not with a $30 asking price for a massive pile of Quick Time Events - but those who loved the classic film back in the '90s should find it worthwhile, with a nicely thrilling tone, strong use of the setting, and just a hint of TellTales' sense of humor.
    Jurassic Park has as much to do with adventure games, as dinosaurs have to do with modern times. Save your money and don't encourage its developers, lest they decide to make a sequel… [February 2012]