7.7

1. Aug 23, 2012
    Do not let them seduce you with good looking trailers. They are made from cut scenes which generally looks good. But when cut scenes stop everything good stop. Practicaly unplayable console port with bad story, bad shooting and medicore gfx! Avoid it!
  2. Sep 14, 2011
    Good times initially, the open world is so impressive. Nothing like it on the market. Controls better than GTA, looks good, but it's just boring after a while. I found myself rushing to complete the game so I could mark it off my list.
  3. Oct 11, 2010
    A really good game for all action fans. I am also a fan of it. But there is only one thing. At least I miss a little bit the alternation in this game. Thats why I evalueted it only with 7 points. Have fun with it.
  4. Dec 15, 2010
    Well, first off the good bits. This is an amazingly beautiful game with some of the prettiest vistas and locations ive seen. Diverse enough to have snow, desert and tropical island in one game. Oblivion eat your heart out. Whats more is that it seems to be well optimised that lower spec pc's (within reason) can play it and still have it look fantastic. It has some pretty cool vehiclesWell, first off the good bits. This is an amazingly beautiful game with some of the prettiest vistas and locations ive seen. Diverse enough to have snow, desert and tropical island in one game. Oblivion eat your heart out. Whats more is that it seems to be well optimised that lower spec pc's (within reason) can play it and still have it look fantastic. It has some pretty cool vehicles (military jet) and and awesome little locations like the floating zeppilin night club and the island from lost easter-egg. Sadly however these gold stars are not enough to make up for the river of crap they are floating on. Beginning with the smaller flaws: the weapons and most of the vehicles. Most of the guns are just plain boring with the revolvers being the coolest, if not the most efficient to use. Granted there is DLC but that doesnt add a great deal of fun stuff either. The most fun by far is the remote explosives which make stunning explosions (especially if you put them throughout an entire base and set them off simultaneously). Most of the vehicles are terrible. they are not fun to drive, handle like dogs and look a bit like barbie-mobiles. Even the tank is just a glorified APC (would have been so much cooler to have a T-80 or a challanger or something). Greater faults: the grappling hook + parachute. Yes they are fun. For the 1st hour. After that they become a tool for getting about mostly and the novelty of tying people up gets lost after the 50th group. There is only so many times you can do something before it gets dull. Getting about using the combo is waaaay too slow for the size of the game and is really just for when you cant find a better vehicle to do so in. Even in vehicles it takes stupidly long times to get anywhere and a jet is the only real way of doing so. This wouldnt be a problem however if it wasnt for the last, big major flaw:
    The Big one: Nothing exciting to do in sandbox mode. At all. Almost all the locations (of which there are hundreds) provide nothing to do other than find briefcases or kill some dumass AI soldiers in random villages or cities. Jumping off of buildings and generally doing stunts isnt actually any fun as it takes almost no amount of skill to do. This would also be less of a problem had a healthy storyline and side quests been present. They are however, identi-kit rush this base, pick up minigun, gun down chopper, repeat, missions. the storyline ones offer some variation, but even that is cheesy and only visual. Not to mention the ever present lip-sync bugs.
    Its all a real shame too. This game, with a better storyline, more varied and interesting side-quests (look to peers like GTA and Saints Row 2 for inspiration guys) and my personal desire (not actually that big a deal) more destructable objects other than radio towers, would have made this game almost perfect. On a sidenote, i personally noticed that this game became a lot more fun for me after i began using cheats. Infinite ammo (while still needing to reload) as well as infinie explosives were my favourite and seemed to make a massive difference to the entertainment value. Im still not quite sure whether this is in favour or against the game as a whole.
    In Summary:
    + Beautiful game, almost no peers in this respect.
    + Great explosions and demolitions
    + Some cool vehicles, weapons and locations

- Ways of getting around too dull, most vehicles not fun or useful
    - Most weapons not actually fun to use
    - Not much to actually do that is different - gets boring quickly
    - Repetitive missions and side quests
    - Bugs in sound syncing and other various non-game braking ones
    - Poor AI

Overall: 4.5/10 (i rounded up to 5)
    P.S. at the time of writing, the game is £5 on steam. It is very hard to not recommend the game at that price as it will most probably provide enough play time and enjoyment for the money.
  5. Dec 26, 2010
    Not a game you want to get into for deep gameplay, but for dicking around purposes its top notch. When you get used to all the insane things you can do to the laws of physics it gets more boring, but as a rental game it's perfect.
  6. Apr 2, 2013
    Loads of fun. Just Cause 2 truly understands the sand-box. It feels like like a polished mash-up of boiling point and Red-Faction Guerrilla maybe the Saboteur). First of all it gives you freedom. You can do whatever you feel like and It is all engaging. There is a plot to follow and factions to do side-missions for and endless opportunities to create chaos. The chaos will have theLoads of fun. Just Cause 2 truly understands the sand-box. It feels like like a polished mash-up of boiling point and Red-Faction Guerrilla maybe the Saboteur). First of all it gives you freedom. You can do whatever you feel like and It is all engaging. There is a plot to follow and factions to do side-missions for and endless opportunities to create chaos. The chaos will have the authorities after you which then leads to the evasion-game. I love the fact that you can shoot your way out of trouble, run, drive or para-sail away or even the hijack the chopper they bad guys sent after you.
    Travel: best I have ever seen. There is instant-travel (extraction from anywhere), stealing boats, cars, motor-bikes, planes, helicopters and then there is the hook. The grappling-hooks is so useful you will forget to walk places. There is a cool mechanic where you can use the grapple to ascend then engage your parachute to fly...then use you grapple to 'web-sling' your way around. No game has such a cool variety of transportation. If you don't become obsessed with collecting every little trinket in the game you will find hours of over-the top game-play here. Just flying a plane around to scout new locations can be entrancing. The island has a variety of terrain and the day-night cycle makes for amazing sunsets and vistas. Don't complain about the repetition in the game as this is the nature of the sand-box. Having 70% of the side missions available (after getting 20 hours worth of plot-mission value) is nothing more than gravy. This genre is not about deep plots anyway. If you want a game that is fun-to-play then look no further.
  7. Jun 19, 2011
    THE GOOD: Unbelievably huge game world. Fantastic graphics. Lots of vehicles and weapons. Blowing stuff up is fun. THE BAD: Blowing stuff up is repetitive. Missions are boring. THE UGLY: Racial stereotypes and bad accents.
  8. May 10, 2012
    The game is graphically pleasing - you can just stand and admire the beautiful island landscape. Good job. The gameplay however, did not keep me involved - i played only for about 6 hours until i got bored. What's the motive? Why should i continue playing? Everything is the same - you come to a village, start shooting, soldiers come in never-ending waves, you shoot them, etc. PerhapsThe game is graphically pleasing - you can just stand and admire the beautiful island landscape. Good job. The gameplay however, did not keep me involved - i played only for about 6 hours until i got bored. What's the motive? Why should i continue playing? Everything is the same - you come to a village, start shooting, soldiers come in never-ending waves, you shoot them, etc. Perhaps for kids this is a fun way to spend time - for me unfortunately the gameplay is extremely monotone and boring. Expand
  9. Aug 20, 2011
    Its a little bit of fun mostly. The appeal of this game really only lies in the beautiful graphics and the open world with the ability to destroy and to do a few amusing things if you were to put your mind to it. As for the story its not very interesting and the missions are rather generic and repetitive.
  10. Sep 8, 2013
    the Game optimization is very nice,all of my computers can play it over 30 fps on highest setting.
    and the prize is nice,a game dare to put a low pirce is winner.
    it is very nice to travel freely in game,i think the most fun is not kill,is travel.because some place is the same.. but if u travel,u can go through the four seasons,and the whole map is free,no need load,and no lag when go
    and the prize is nice,a game dare to put a low pirce is winner.
    but if u travel,u can go through the four seasons,and the whole map is free,no need load,and no lag when go very fast by airplane.
    shame,it not support bandicam,can not record the game,fraps is hard disk raper,i can not accept it,so i give up record this game.
  11. Jul 14, 2013
    In a nutshell, this is a insanely fun game that has you exploring an open world, which is so massive you will take you 15 to 30 minutes (even flying a jet) to fully cross from one side to the other.
    Though on of the biggest draw factors is that there's so much to do: from hijacking cars, freefalling for minutes of cliffs, parachuting across jungles and deserts, picking fights with choppers and the enemy military, engaging in full on pursuits, complete missions and destroying bases just to name a few.
    Over time, all this does get a little repetitive, but that hasn't stopped me putting a full 50 hours into this game. Well worth it!
  12. Jul 30, 2012
    Exhilarating and trololol would be 2 words that sum up this game pretty nicely. As said by many others, the missions in this game do get a bit repetitive later on, but they're not really that bad when you get to play it. Only the Stronghold takeovers are truely repetitive. But the missions are not the real beauty of the game. You have the most fun on Just Cause 2 when you're just trollingExhilarating and trololol would be 2 words that sum up this game pretty nicely. As said by many others, the missions in this game do get a bit repetitive later on, but they're not really that bad when you get to play it. Only the Stronghold takeovers are truely repetitive. But the missions are not the real beauty of the game. You have the most fun on Just Cause 2 when you're just trolling around the highway/countryside highjacking cars and killing people like in GTA, but now you have a grapple hook and a parachute that are great for just doing random things with. All in all, a great buy for its price. Expand
  13. Aug 6, 2012
    3/5 (Ok) Open world, great gameplay let's you do pretty much anything you want. It's fun. Really. But then you start to play for real and the gameplay now feels like an obstacle to your success. And then the story is boring, and then the missions are boring, and then you stop playing and you forget about it.

Hell, writing this review makes me want to give it another try. (last played Jan. 2011)
  14. Jan 4, 2013
    honestly in my opinion, the cutscenes, voice acting and the character are just awful..i hate his voice.
    everything else is just spot-on i cant tear myself away from this. the missions are nothing special but the game play is just awesome, run around shooting and destroying everything, upgrading and flying planes while on top of them...sweat.
  15. Jul 14, 2013
    This game has so much potential, but one thing that ruins the game a lot is the negative mouse acceleration. I cant believe why anyone would do that. Makes NO sense to me. Another this that grinds my balls to dust is the saving system. If u make your way really far and then die, you´ll start over from the last checkpoint. So why even include a savingsystem if it dosent work as it should? IThis game has so much potential, but one thing that ruins the game a lot is the negative mouse acceleration. I cant believe why anyone would do that. Makes NO sense to me. Another this that grinds my balls to dust is the saving system. If u make your way really far and then die, you´ll start over from the last checkpoint. So why even include a savingsystem if it dosent work as it should? I googled a way to fix this but i bought this game on steam so it dosnt work. Expand
  16. Mar 21, 2013
    This game gets repetitive very fast. Every mission what you are doing for 3 different factions seem to be all the same. Its good open world game but suffers from variation between missions, this type of playing is boring and outright stupid.
  17. Dec 13, 2012
    Open world GTA clone where you play as a hispanic terrorist spiderman flying around some unnamed indonesian islands. Absolutely gigantic world with a ridiculous "action movie" plot filled with ninjas, Michael Bay explosions, air-dropped rocket launchers, and just about every vehicle you can imagine. I spent over 100 hours on this game to 100% it and it's one of the few games I have feltOpen world GTA clone where you play as a hispanic terrorist spiderman flying around some unnamed indonesian islands. Absolutely gigantic world with a ridiculous "action movie" plot filled with ninjas, Michael Bay explosions, air-dropped rocket launchers, and just about every vehicle you can imagine. I spent over 100 hours on this game to 100% it and it's one of the few games I have felt compelled to max out. Even without the multiplayer mod this is worth picking up considering how cheap it is now. Expand
  18. Apr 11, 2014
    An excellent combination of Far Cry (2&3) with The Saboteur, this game will become addictive. Beautiful island scenery complements your ability to drive any vehicle as well as fly helicopters and fighter planes. Three main "bad" guys offer a variety of side missions, which allow them to conquer certain sections of the islands, and later providing some small assistance. I loved flyingAn excellent combination of Far Cry (2&3) with The Saboteur, this game will become addictive. Beautiful island scenery complements your ability to drive any vehicle as well as fly helicopters and fighter planes. Three main "bad" guys offer a variety of side missions, which allow them to conquer certain sections of the islands, and later providing some small assistance. I loved flying around destroying bases with the helicopter. The game is fun and the main missions (which trigger after creating enough mayhem and destruction, i.e., chaos) are interesting but too few. What I didn't like is having to find every single machine part/ammo upgrade box in all the bases in order for it to appear as 100% secured. I also thought there should have been many more side missions as well as more than just six or seven main missions. There is humor in the game, which is always appreciated. When continuously blasting away with the helicopter, Rico will begin humming a song. If he falls from a height without killing himself he'll say "whoa, that was too close to comfort." Or if he gets away from a serious fight without injury he will say other words in Spanish that I'm sure I can't write here. Hilarious. Well worth purchasing it for entertainment. Expand
  19. Nov 2, 2013
    [9.0] Just Cause 2 is an unforgettable open world experience. It's a massive improvement on the first game, and it gives incredible freedom and so many options. Just Cause 2 is one of few fast-paced action games that has as much depth as the player allows it to, and is an experience that is really defined by how much the player is willing to do with the game. It is the perfect example of[9.0] Just Cause 2 is an unforgettable open world experience. It's a massive improvement on the first game, and it gives incredible freedom and so many options. Just Cause 2 is one of few fast-paced action games that has as much depth as the player allows it to, and is an experience that is really defined by how much the player is willing to do with the game. It is the perfect example of why video games are such an important part of interactive media. Expand
  20. Mar 21, 2013
    If this game is one thing, it is fun! Fun, something that a lot of games lack these days. The story of this game was meant to be completely stereotypical and lame, and that adds comedy to the game. There are so many things to do in Just Cause 2 that you will find you can never leave. The game has so much going for it, but only one minor problem keeps it from a 10/10: no multiplayer atIf this game is one thing, it is fun! Fun, something that a lot of games lack these days. The story of this game was meant to be completely stereotypical and lame, and that adds comedy to the game. There are so many things to do in Just Cause 2 that you will find you can never leave. The game has so much going for it, but only one minor problem keeps it from a 10/10: no multiplayer at launch. I know that someone has been developing it, in the form of a mod. But come on, this game would be so much better with vanilla multilayer! Expand
  21. May 1, 2013
    Overall it's definitely worth giving this game a shot.

The gameplay can become tedious- especially if you aren't into constantly similar ways to earn "chaos" or over-the-top action. If you fall in love with the over the top action though (reminds me of the movie shoot em up really) then you will probably love this game. There are some awesome mods available for it which is nice and
    Overall it's definitely worth giving this game a shot.

There are some awesome mods available for it which is nice and the graphics are pretty good... however at the same time the cheesy story and voice acting really detracted from the experience. Some people loved that aspect but I just couldn't stand it.

Definitely worth a play through.
  22. Sep 19, 2014
    A pretty large and beautiful island background for a simple but interesting story,mechanics of freedom and influence,these are the advantages.But that's all of it.
    I found that it takes the players too much time to drive or hiking around the island,the mountain,for there's no fast plane for them at the beginning of the story.Meantime,the quests seem need the player to get the very locations to start or complete.As we know,some other known games,such as Sleeping Dogs and Assassin's Creed IV are with the mechanic of quest auto-interaction and ignoring the journey for the quest location.Sometimes,when the mechanic not triggered,we can use the cabs or fast travel.
    For short,the time wasting and amusement killing journey at the beginning consumed my patience for this game.
    Looks like the cloud save of it is not functional on Steam.
  23. May 10, 2013
    сети.
    Good game but not enough to play multipleera.Hotelos onlain or with friends lokalnoi network.
  24. Aug 15, 2013
    I have to review this because of "TheUnbiasedOne"'s review, this is clearly a right winged dream, infiltrating a country that doesn't want you there and killing anyone that disagrees with Uncle Sam.

Other than that, the game play is phenomenal, it is fun to shoot around on your grappling hook and glide with an infinite parachute. It's ridiculous of course but it is very fun, if anyone played Mercenaries 2, it's like that yet the destruction is much more rewarding. The only reason I took 2 points off is because of a significant lack of multiplayer, this game could have been one of the best sandbox do what ever the hell you want games, yet it has no multiplayer, and it kills me that they neglected it.
  25. Jul 15, 2013
    I'll start with the cons. I personally thought the story was pretty weak. And the first 3/4 of the game is incredibly repetitive. I almost got to the point where I was bored enough with the story to stop playing for a while. The "bosses" were the stereotype where they're nearly invincible because it takes so long to kill them even if you're shooting them in the head.

Pros: Panau is a

Pros: Panau is a huge open world environment and is easily the most beautiful game I have ever played. There are so many fun vehicles to drive and on occasion it's fun to just hop in an airplane and explore. The game play is really fun. Especially the grapple, it makes those tedious long walks between mission move along a bit quicker. The guns are also fun to use, although I would have appreciated if there were more guns to use and just an overall larger selection of things to buy in the black market.

Overall, Just Cause 2 is a great game. It's fun to play just to mess around. There are a lot of flaws but the fun gameplay easily makes you forget about it. I would recommend to anyone.
  26. Aug 20, 2013
    As long as you don't mind a lot of explosions, and don't care much about realism or story, you will find it hard to stop playing this game. The problem with Grand Theft Auto is that it tried too hard to be realistic and gritty, and it lost track of what a sandbox like that is supposed to be, fun. Just Cause 2 works because it's Chaos system is kind of a reward for doing whatever you want;As long as you don't mind a lot of explosions, and don't care much about realism or story, you will find it hard to stop playing this game. The problem with Grand Theft Auto is that it tried too hard to be realistic and gritty, and it lost track of what a sandbox like that is supposed to be, fun. Just Cause 2 works because it's Chaos system is kind of a reward for doing whatever you want; it rewards your freedom in a way. Whether you want to sabotage a mountain military base or just throw grenades at passing cars, as long as you are blowing something up, you are progressing the game, while games like Grand Theft Auto merely let you commit mass destruction for the heck of it. The story is terrible, but that isn't what the developers focused on, and it is pretty obvious when you hear some of the voice acting, and becomes even more apparent in some of the boss fights (I won't spoil them). In summary, this is probably the ideal game to play after a stressful day at work/school, where only excessive violence can calm your nerves. There are a few issues that in most games would cause me to demote their rating, such as the occasional glitch, the inability to shoot while inside a car ect, but I have so much fun the rest of the time I can't think of giving this game anything less but a full 10. Expand
  27. Oct 20, 2013
    The Game is Simply Amazing. Whats Better Than Walking Around With A Grappling Hook And A Parachute. The Makers Of The Game Put Everything That I Want In A Video Game Into This Game. It Also Has A Very Large Map, With Lots Of Missions, Fun Freeplay, And Lots Of Weapons And Vehicles! In My Opinion, You Must Buy This!
  28. Nov 7, 2013
    Bow down, GTA and Saints Row fanboys: THIS is the king of Open-World (Outside of you know, RPGs). Avalanche remembers that games are supposed to be fun. Just Cause 2 allows you to unleash your inner sociopath and wreak havoc on what is probably supposed to be North Korea but isn't. Full of neat easter eggs, and graphics that still look good 3 years later. Also, props for making a good PCBow down, GTA and Saints Row fanboys: THIS is the king of Open-World (Outside of you know, RPGs). Avalanche remembers that games are supposed to be fun. Just Cause 2 allows you to unleash your inner sociopath and wreak havoc on what is probably supposed to be North Korea but isn't. Full of neat easter eggs, and graphics that still look good 3 years later. Also, props for making a good PC port that can even outclass consoles. Check this one out. It goes on sale on Steam very often. Expand
  29. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Some of the best graphics seen on the PC. 10.
    Sound: Catchy background themes/soundtrack, the voice acting is weak though. The gun sounds are okay. 7.5.
    Graphics: Some of the best graphics seen on the PC. 10.

Gameplay: Huge sandbox game with the world being one of the biggest in gaming. The game is like Just Cause, or a GTA type game but probably has the most freedom ever in the game. You get a grappling hook, unlimited parachutes, stunts similar to pursuit force on PC but much better. The gun play and shooting mechanics are good, but could definitely feel better. The game is built on a chaos mechanic; cause enough chaos to unlock each Act, stronghold mission, or faction mission. There are different factions where you do side quests. This game is superb. 9.5.

Story: This is probably the weakest point of the game but still average. Your sent in to kill your old employer from the first part, but things take a turn and you find out the truth, and so on so forth it’s really not too interesting but again average. 7.5.

Lasting Appeal: The game is worth it, single player only took me 12-14 hours to complete, plus many more side missions, PC mods that make the game even better. 10.

Overall Score: 8.9 out of 10.
  30. Nov 20, 2013
    The over the top, mass destructive, chaos causing, parachuting agent could only mean a “Just Cause” sequel! Now, I'm the first to admit I have played the first game several times, but have never been interested long enough to complete it… The game although having fantastic environments never really done much else for me, the sequel however had me hooked. The vehicle controls had improvedThe over the top, mass destructive, chaos causing, parachuting agent could only mean a “Just Cause” sequel! Now, I'm the first to admit I have played the first game several times, but have never been interested long enough to complete it… The game although having fantastic environments never really done much else for me, the sequel however had me hooked. The vehicle controls had improved (there still aren't many vehicles, but they have improved) the environments still as huge and lush as ever… This game as a whole is quite awesome and as Rico so often says “It isn't a party til’ something gets broken!” and you can’t fault his efforts at starting parties! Expand
  31. Dec 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I thought that the GTA games were the pinnacle in free-roam sandbox fun. I was wrong (thus far). Just Cause 2 (JC2) definitely sets a new standard for random sandbox fun. Just roaming around, cause chaos as part of the game's requirement, while literally traveling on foot, in the water, in the air, and in any vehicle possible, is simply ridiculously fun. The truly amazing feeling in the beginning of the game is, that while you are standing on a huge building, looking in the distance, you can actually say to yourself, "I can get there. This is not just a background." And it's true. Whatever you can see in the world of JC2, you can reach. Hi-jack a plane, a helicopter, a car, anything. If you drive, fly or go by boat, eventually you arrive at the way point you set for yourself. And it's fun. All the while you can earn money from chaos, buy upgrades, or just fool around. The only other game I've ever played where I can spend hours having fun while doing nothing, was in a GTA game. And this is a ton more fun. If you like GTA, get this. It really is awesome! Expand
  32. Dec 4, 2013
    One of the best free roam games ever. Almost limitless things to do from tying people the gas tanks and shooting the gas tanks off sending people into the air like rockets to diving from a helicopter on top of a taking off military cargo jet which u high jack in the air, every biome possible is in this game and with a tough but not annoying upgrading system in the game it makes this gameOne of the best free roam games ever. Almost limitless things to do from tying people the gas tanks and shooting the gas tanks off sending people into the air like rockets to diving from a helicopter on top of a taking off military cargo jet which u high jack in the air, every biome possible is in this game and with a tough but not annoying upgrading system in the game it makes this game one of the funniest pc games i have ever played. This game is in my top 10 of all time Expand
  33. Dec 13, 2013
    This game is fantastic. Great fun, great world, which is detailed and enormous, great campaign (maybe not hillirious voice acting) and great...blowing up If you haven't brought this, BUY IT NOW!!!
  34. Dec 31, 2013
    Ok, I am a little late the this game. Partly because I didn't have a system that could play it. Now that I have a smoking rig, I am going back a bit and playing games forward. My current computer lets me play this on Max every setting. The only glitch was turning off V-Sync or it would cause it to crash to the desktop now in then with Windows 8.

Pros: I got this game plus DLC for

Pros: I got this game plus DLC for $11 on Steam. A STEAL for the amount of fun I am having. This game reminds me a lot of the first half of the original Crysis, which I loved. Lots of action, shooting, blowing stuff up. In that game, even after I had killed off any troops, I'd finish blowing up the whole camp, every car, mowing down trees, because I thought it was fun. You get lots of that in Just Cause 2. One of my favorite things is to steal a good chopper from a Military Base and fly around blowing up random bases, enemy installations... or as the game says creating chaos for the government. Then when I am finally matched or shot down, bailing out and parachuting into a remote area to make my way to then next mission or objective. Some have complained about repetition of missions, etc... but I found that in Dues Ex, the Far Cry series, the Fallout Series, Skyrim, etc... I'd rather have more repetition, and the ability to choose what I want to do, and still finish the game than a short 6-10 hour $59 linear game that a day later your sitting there going..."That's it?" Not all of us our online gamers so the multi-player doesn't appeal to everyone. Some of us old school still a big, open world, single player experience which this delivers. Lastly, I am playing it on the hardcore setting. On this setting, some of the missions are pretty challenging so if you are experienced, I highly recommend this setting.

CONS: Obviously, not the fault of the game really, but more when I am playing it after it's release, the graphics are a tad dated. However, being able to play on Max settings without a hick-up makes it still an above average game visually. Not as polished as the original Crysis, but still very good. The weapons use, aiming, etc... could be a little tighter and realistic. The weapons upgrades as well. I find myself gravitating to a few regularly, without the need to upgrade many vehicles either. Doesn't detract from the game but could enhance it had it been done a little differently. Story could be a little tighter but if you play you'll find that your main mission, along with helping the 3 factions on the island, keep it interesting. Especially if you mix up which faction missions, and for whom you complete them. There is not "set" order to do them so don't. It keeps it fresh.

Conclusion: Hey, I got this for $11. For that money, it was one of the best game purchases I have made. If you skipped this for a reason, and you can get it at a bargain, I'd pick it up. You can't go wrong. I'd gladly have paid more but I didn't have too and neither do you. Yes there are tighter, more realistic, more linear offerings. But if you are looking for a good time, like the FPS non-linear style game, then this is for you.
  35. Jan 29, 2015
    The visuals are wonderful! My complaints are the voice acting, npc pathfinding and npc death animations could be much better.
    You are offered a variety of missions and challenges to keep the game interesting. Blowing up buildings is a blast and is the one feature that stands out in this game over everything else.
  36. Feb 15, 2011
    First and foremost, if you're a completionist, you will absolutely love this game; but I'll get to that later. Instead, I'll start out by saying that the graphics in this game are close to stunning. Between the setting sun and the motion blur while on top of a car, the great visuals make experiences vary from beautiful to intense (but epic). Not to mention the explosions, they're the bestFirst and foremost, if you're a completionist, you will absolutely love this game; but I'll get to that later. Instead, I'll start out by saying that the graphics in this game are close to stunning. Between the setting sun and the motion blur while on top of a car, the great visuals make experiences vary from beautiful to intense (but epic). Not to mention the explosions, they're the best explosions I've seen in a game (so far). However, the water whitewash looks 2D and like clip art at times (same with smoke when it passes through buildings), but water has always been an extremely difficult thing to design and program in all games. Also, the vision haze that comes with going underwater was not applied to some objects. So, you would see a rock as clearly as if you were out of the water, but this only happened rarely. The soundtrack was, unfortunately, unoriginal and, even though the setting was a southeast Asian island, the oriental accents and touches in the soundtrack didn't quite work. For some reason, also, they decided to make some ambient tracks hispanic/spanish themed and (even though Rico Rodriguez, the protagonist, is clearly hispanic or hispanic-american) that didn't seem to match the other James Bond/oriental tracks of the score. This takes us to voice acting..........which was atrocious. The Asian accents were over exaggerated and I never felt like I was actually listening to someone have a conversation. The writing was pretty bad, too, although some of Rico's one-liners (excluding the ones heard during actual gameplay, those were just blunt and lacked any clever input) were nice. Many times, the dialogue felt like they were simply trying to put in a cutscene for the sake of it and the cutscenes that were shown before each Stronghold Mission were just strange and random proclamations of the faction leader's hatred of Panay or appraisal of Rico's skill. The only part of writing that was okay was the gist of the main story, not the actual dialogue of the main story, but the ideas behind it. Panay's plan for global dominance wasn't something like mind control or something ridiculous, it was an actual economic advantage that would have allowed Panay to control trillions in the world's economy. This takes us to mission variation, which is also not so there. Although the action is usually great, the 42 missions that are available are either go destroy, go kill, go retrieve/steal, or go kidnap a guy. Now, for the completionist. There are 362 locations with a percent completion score for each location, allowing you to be sure you've done everything possible within that town/base/village. It'll even mark the location as "complete" which allows you to systematically complete all the locations, this will take much more of your time than you expected, and much more time than it felt like. Similar to locations are collectibles and races which are marked as completed (or collected) just as locations are. The only downside to this is how overwhelmed you can get until the world is divided into faction territories and you will also never reach 100% completion as they made it impossible to find every little crate in the 50 sq miles of land and sea. Just by the by, the world is enormous in a good way, but sometimes a bad way. Distance between locations can be a bit annoyingly large. But, the way the world varies from tropical islands, cities, deserts, mountains, snowscapes, grass planes, jungles, and forests is astonishing. It feels like a living, breathing world instead of a boring plane that the designers called "land." Especially when it comes to explosions and destruction, the world reacts smoothly and beautifully. The grappling hook makes for an amazingly useful tool to traverse the world and the ability to ride on top of vehicles (including airplanes) makes the action even more intense. To the action: explosions look terrific, this may be a little specific but when cars crash, roll, and flip, it is extremely awesomely cool. Needless to say, you will have extreme action experiences throughout the game. Downsides, however, the police system is completely unscaled. There really is no level of how pissed off they get. If you have level 1 "heat," the will send a helicopter and every police vehicle and person within 5 miles will converge on your location. This level of intensity doesn't change until level 6, where it isn't even a challenge but just a whipping. Trying to fend of 3 helicopters at once and the entire government army is not possible, my friends. Hijacking a vehicle is also completely unexciting: as you watch the pilot and Rico sit in place, you push a button and one single punch is executed, then another, and another, then your done. Also, you will get extremely frustrated with your health, as the same weapon will inflict radically different amounts of damage under the same conditions. It's frustratingly unpredictable. But if you're a completionist, buy this game, no question. Expand
  37. Jan 11, 2012
    Where's the story?

It's a fun game but I just don't care about stuff. It's just blowing stuff up for the sake of blowing stuff up. The island feels too big. It takes too long to get places, even in a plane. There is not enough ammo considering I'm supposed to destroy things before I can move onto the next mission.
  38. Oct 23, 2011
    Just Cause 2 has A LOT of destruction, a lot of guns and an absolutely stupid story, but overall I found this game a lot of fun. The grapple system is great, the graphics are descent and the vehicles are great as well. I didn't really like the idea of having to cause destruction to progress in the story, but the destruction was extremely fun. Tethering someone to a rocket and then settingJust Cause 2 has A LOT of destruction, a lot of guns and an absolutely stupid story, but overall I found this game a lot of fun. The grapple system is great, the graphics are descent and the vehicles are great as well. I didn't really like the idea of having to cause destruction to progress in the story, but the destruction was extremely fun. Tethering someone to a rocket and then setting the rocket off never gets old. =D Expand
  39. Oct 26, 2011
    This is clearly a game designed around a sandbox, instead of a sandbox around a story. It is pure, unadulterated fun meant to entertain those who seek to down their foes in the most creative ways possible. Played as a standard third-person shooter it will feel tedious and unimaginative, so only buy this if you are out to explore the various extremely entertaining ways to do things. TheThis is clearly a game designed around a sandbox, instead of a sandbox around a story. It is pure, unadulterated fun meant to entertain those who seek to down their foes in the most creative ways possible. Played as a standard third-person shooter it will feel tedious and unimaginative, so only buy this if you are out to explore the various extremely entertaining ways to do things. The graphics are amazing and performance very, very good for what you get and the physics..WOW. All in all, a great FUN experience meant only for the creative gamer, I would not recommend this game to anyone looking for a deep story and fleshed out characters. Expand
  40. Aug 25, 2012
    Yes, the gameplay is really fun. With a good story and likeable characters this game would be fantastic. But the story and characters are really bad. The missions feel repetitive, and for me the game got boring faster than it should've.
  41. Jan 17, 2012
    I played for 50 minutes and got bored. The animation and dialogue I didn't appreciate. The graphics are absolutely gorgeous maxed out, but that cannot pull it's score up. The gameplay is open, however the gunplay does not feel satisfying. Uninstalled off of steam after one session.
  42. Jan 24, 2013
    Running around causing chaos is really quite fun! For a few hours. The grappling hook / parachute tools are cool to use, the combat works fairly well, and there are lots of vehicles to drive around in and lots of map to explore. Unfortunately, the story falls flat, and destroying random stuff for no compelling reasons gets old in a hurry. Or at least it did for me.
  43. Sep 25, 2012
    There is A LOT that can be improved on in this game. Otherwise, it's fun to mess around with, if you want more details. Everything other people said about in the "mixed" sectionis mostly true
  44. Jul 25, 2014
    This game is easily one of my all time favorites; not only is it a mindless open world game with loads of explosions, but bathes in its own cliché to make even the ridiculous story and missions great fun to play. A point off for the main story being far too short, and that the game gets repetitive if you try to play it too seriously.
  45. Sep 5, 2012
    Magnifique jeu pour les paysages. Les moyens de déplacement à la disposition sont une superbe idée :
    avion, hélicoptère, moto, voitures, quad, bateaux.....Mais le maniement avec clavier est vraiment navrant !!!
    Pas moyen de se diriger comme on le veut... La liberté d'aller où l'on veut est hypersympa aussi mais le gros gros
    Pas moyen de se diriger comme on le veut...
    La liberté d'aller où l'on veut est hypersympa aussi mais le gros gros problème ce sont les sauvegardes :
    dès que le personnage meurt, c'est la sauvegarde automatique qui se lance même si vous avez passé une après-midi à jouer.... et sauvegardé manuellement toutes les 10 minutes : tout le niveau est à recommencer car la sauvegarde automatique ne se lance que quand on a terminé une mission : ce qui est parfois très difficile ou très long.
    A la fin on en a vite marre de se retrouver 30 km en arrière...
    Donc le jeu vaut la peine pour voir ce que pourrait être un jeu de rêve mais qui ne l'est pas....
    Je l'ai acheté moins de 10 euros, je regrette de ne pas m'être contentée de la démo gratuite!!!
    A voir absolument mais il faut être tenace et mordu pour pouvoir finir le jeu!!
    Quel dommage...en espérant que la version 3 corrigera ces problèmes...?

Score : 9 pour le graphisme, les idées; 3 pour le reste
  46. Jun 30, 2014
    Great game a sequel would be insane. Multiplayer mod is too much fun. I hope they have some crazy epic awesome winning hashtag multiplayer for the next one
  47. Dec 19, 2012
    TL;DR Amazing in exploration and free roaming, not much in anything else.

TL;DR Amazing in exploration and free roaming, not much in anything else.

For starters, the list of good things is the only thing that redeems this game really. The grapple/parachute and ability to go anywhere at any time really set the game apart in the beginning. Hell, if you're like me, you might not even want to finish the story, because flying around, blowing **** up, having speed races, suiciding things with explosives, etc. is just so much more fun. The graphics aren't mind-blowing but the scope of the map and the visuals are not bad by any means.

Outside of those 2 things, the game is almost reminiscent of one of those $5 games on the shelf at some random department store. The voice acting is atrocious and the story and quests are horrible. To 100% the game is literal insanity and you might not even get that far because some bug will stick you at 99.5% (now fixed I think but it does not stop the pain of those before it). Outside of doing what you want, the game is literally "go here, kill someone/steal something, come back". The most enjoyable moments of the story, by far, is the opening missions when you figure out that the grapple can throw cars off a bridge during a police chase.

Really, this game would not even be the sandbox we know if it didn't have the grapple/chute and the developers locked the different zones/islands in the beginning. If you're playing it for anything else, you're gonna have a bad time.
  48. May 1, 2014
    This is the ultimate open world gaming experience with a stellar achievement in gameplay design (= the grappling hook). Graphics look great even by today's standards.
  49. Sep 12, 2013
    overrated game of the year yep it is not good at all it has one of the most terrible voice acting ever boring protagonist and very weak shooting mechanics
  50. Oct 22, 2013
    Great is great, repetitive is repetitive nice graphics, AI sufficient and a huge map that forces you to make some real trips to carry out missions almost too big!

Not bad
  51. Jul 17, 2013
    Just Cause 2 is a game that works for some people, but will strike the wrong chords with others. Starting with the good, the game is graphically exceptional, boasting beautiful environments along with a wide selection of vehicles you can use for your shenanigans. Also, If you haven't heard, Just Cause 2's environment, the island nation of Panau, is massive, both in terms of boundary toJust Cause 2 is a game that works for some people, but will strike the wrong chords with others. Starting with the good, the game is graphically exceptional, boasting beautiful environments along with a wide selection of vehicles you can use for your shenanigans. Also, If you haven't heard, Just Cause 2's environment, the island nation of Panau, is massive, both in terms of boundary to boundary size, as well as verticality. The game features a mixture of locales, such as military bases, barren deserts, snow capped mountains, a jaw dropping cliff (Which is particularly fun to drive all sorts of vehicles off of), as well as massive set pieces, such as a massive nuclear submarine. The capital city of Panau is so large that you could fit a game all of its own in that specific area without raising an eyebrow. Gameplay for the most part is fun as well, featuring boatloads of gunplay, and plenty of Easter eggs combed with hundreds of collectibles. Now the bad... I'll start with the story, as it seems to be the elephant in the room here. It's a disappointing mash up of faction feuds, communism, and Russian stereotypes. Characters are completely forgettable, and the voice acting will literally make you cringe. The people of Panau speak some sort of Vietnamese/Japanese mash up with an Australian accents. Rico delivers his fair share of cliche catch phrases, and every time you pick up a collectible, you are treated to the same awful sound byte give to you via one of the faction leaders. Gunplay can also seem broken at times, and in high points of heat, the rather low draw distance will give the appearance of enemies simply spawning out of thin air. Also worth noting, citizens of panau will scream at you in English...while the environment Iis huge, it's mostly barren, and all of the towns in the same area are just different layouts of the SAME BUILDINGS. You will also encounter building clones in the capital city, which can lead to disorientation and déjà vu. Not joking.. The missions are pretty much the same as every mediocre action shooter, drive here, shoot them, go here and hold a button. Certainly nothing revolutionary. I will end with the ridiculous, which is certainly Rico's main form of transport, the grappling hook and his unlimited supply of parachutes. While unrealistic, the combo provide an excellent way of traversing Panau, as well as providing a form of entertainment occasionally. In conclusion, Just Cause 2, is a game that shouldn't be taken seriously, and merits a console purchase of a used copy simply to run around a blow stuff up. And if you enjoy even more ludicrous gameplay, pick it up on PC and try out the multiplayer mod, which is quite a thing to behold. A mediocre package overall Expand
  52. Oct 1, 2014
    The mechanics make checks the control can't cash. Everything in this game is fiddly & awkward, despite allowing large margins of error (sometimes large to a fault, as in the constant auto-aim annoyances). There are plenty of games out there that require far more accuracy, speed, precision & intricacy of control, and actually provide the player with the tools to fulfill it.

Otherwise, as

Otherwise, as is common in "open-world" games, the mission structure defeats the object of any flexibility & improvisation supposedly on offer.
  53. Aug 11, 2014
    I think that this is one of the best Console to PC ports. The graphics are nice, fps is good, aiming with mouse works well and controls are good. The game's main attraction is the grappling hook. It's a very fun open ended game. The AI is not the best, the military is very easy to avoid. I also found storyline not to be very interesting. All in all this is a really fun game and I reallyI think that this is one of the best Console to PC ports. The graphics are nice, fps is good, aiming with mouse works well and controls are good. The game's main attraction is the grappling hook. It's a very fun open ended game. The AI is not the best, the military is very easy to avoid. I also found storyline not to be very interesting. All in all this is a really fun game and I really mean it. I spent many hours just going around the world and making a mess. Expand
  54. Feb 25, 2014
    The gameplay IS original but most of the time it's just... completely awkward. I will explain why. There is a LOT of getting-used-to required. It looks similar to GTA games but as someone who has played GTA games to the point of pointlessness maybe I am being too critical but to me PC control system is a far cry from GTA - it's as if they spent 30 minutes porting controls from consoles,The gameplay IS original but most of the time it's just... completely awkward. I will explain why. There is a LOT of getting-used-to required. It looks similar to GTA games but as someone who has played GTA games to the point of pointlessness maybe I am being too critical but to me PC control system is a far cry from GTA - it's as if they spent 30 minutes porting controls from consoles, it's really a half arsed effort. The 3rd person camera is obnoxious but you can get used to it (still though, not perfect as in GTA IV). Default keyboard controls are moronically laid out so you will want to change that from the start rather than waste hours struggling with the set hoping that somehow it's just you and the settings are ideal. Not everything can be changed though, for example the weapon zoom lock can't be changed - in such action packed game zoom locking can get very annoying. Sprint mode is even more awkward, you'll just avoid using it most of the time and just move around with your grappling hook. Now about the grapling hook, it's original, yes, but it's just simply ridiculous and with such awkward controls you'll end up in funny but (over time) annoying situations. Most of the time you have no idea what's going on, where you are and what you're doing, if it turns red you just hook to another radar or radio tower which are abundant thorugh the game. With that said it's not a conventional game, you have to use the hook it's not a choice. Laws of physics don't apply in this game, you'll be doing stuff which defies all logic. This would all be fine if it wasn't for the awkwardly ported controls, they just don't make sense in a shooter, again, I'm a big fan of GTA games and never had problems with 3rd person shooter concept but in Just Cause 2 controls are so ridiculous they're distracting from the game. For example if you accidentally press number 1 twice you would unload the gun... this happened a lot in mid-action and it's frustrating, now unloading my gun would make sense if this was Skyrim but it's not, why would I ever want to unload the freaking gun? This is just one "thing" but there are plenty. Graphics are just... OK. I have a serious gaming rig because I appreciate great graphics which was what I expected from this game. In realty graphics feel like special effects in a low budget action movie from 80s. The world is massive but not very detailed, textures are generic and sometimes low res almost like solid colors, character models are crude and lifeless, cut scenes are extremely boring and to make things worse often unskippable. Water/fire effects are great but they stand out from the crude low-res low-poly world that surrounds them, the world is NOT immersive like in Crysis, Far Cry, HL2 or GTA IV, it all feels like a cartboard stage. Blood stains, bullet holes, explosions etc. are very short and after few seconds the place looks like new. Damage on vehicles is a terrible and cheap photoshop job. Various little issues are plenty but not serious, e.g. you often can't pick up dropped guns or guns disappear somewhere inside a 3D polygon. It's worth noting that on my rig (which is a modern and high end Win7 one) game crashed quite often, at least every few hours. I have a very fast SSD disc and saving settings such as a hotkey would take 15 seconds, I simply can't fathom why. Minimizing the game to check some tips on the web would often crash it. Again it's got all those "ported from XBOX in 15 mins" issues. If you've read this far I guess there's no need to continue and trust me there are more issues so don't waste your time unless you really like to try out new things in which case go for it but don't get your hopes too high. Expand
  55. Jan 31, 2014
    Just Cause 2 is the Expendables of the video-game world; it might not have outstanding features, but you get your money's worth through the entertainment it provides.
    PROS:
    +It is insane action movie that you control. +The game can be modded. +The multiplayer's good, but only if you have friends with you. +Huge open world! HUGE! CONS: -The story is somewhat original, but nothing to
    PROS:
    +It is insane action movie that you control.
    +The game can be modded.
    +The multiplayer's good, but only if you have friends with you.
    +Huge open world! HUGE!
    CONS:
    -The story is somewhat original, but nothing to call your friends about, a-matter-of-fact it is kind of bland.
    -The game constantly thrusts you in to it's generic storyline.
    -The combat is floaty and odd with elements that making aiming ridiculously difficult at some points.
    -Who ever optimized this game didn't do a great job.
    It is just a popcorn game - a game you get out of boredom to pass the time.
  56. Feb 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. +Fun Gameplay+
    +Good Storyline+
    +Good A.I+ (Sometimes frustrates)
    +Great Graphics+
    +Great Open World Design+
    +Nice Multiplayer Mode+
    -Moderate Voice Acting+

Just Cause 2 is really like the most expectation open world game, at least it's pretty amazing to see how good programmers tested this game is wildly impressive.
  57. Jan 21, 2014
    Besides nice graphics and huge open world (which is very detailed), it doesn't have much else to offer. The game itself doesn't have good storyline, its voice-cast is unprofessional, heat-system is laughable and mid-through the game you'll be left with no serious goal to achieve.
    Sure, blowing up fuel tanks, SAM sites and generators while watching big explosions may seem like fun, but it gets quite repetitious - not to mention how frustrating it gets when you're searching for the last property to destruct in order to advance.
    It might seem as I'm bashing the game, but I'm not. I had loads of fun when I started playing it, but I just don't see myself hooked to the game. Overall it's a decent game, it just needs some improvements.
  58. Feb 9, 2014
    Why is this game good? We may never know. The shooting mechanics aren't that good, and neither are the guns. The story is lame, as is the voice acting. The missions are sometimes bland and repetitive. So why is it fun? Because of the setting and action movie influence. Panau is bigger than GTA V's Los Santos. It has varied environments. You can hijack a plane, jump on top of it, and thenWhy is this game good? We may never know. The shooting mechanics aren't that good, and neither are the guns. The story is lame, as is the voice acting. The missions are sometimes bland and repetitive. So why is it fun? Because of the setting and action movie influence. Panau is bigger than GTA V's Los Santos. It has varied environments. You can hijack a plane, jump on top of it, and then jump on to a passing plane, and hijack that one. Its beautiful. You can do anything. Cars explode as soon as they hit something when you're not in them. You have a grappling hook and infinite parachutes. And its a great looking game as well. The problem is the lack of depth. The world is huge. But you can't really interact with it in the slightest. That's where games like GTA and Saints Row have it beat. I'm hoping for improvements in gameplay and the world in Just Cause 3 (if it exists...). Expand
  59. Feb 21, 2014
    Fun. Flying should have better controls... but what's a n!**a to do? It's still a fun game. Don't expect realism; that grappling hook parachute combo makes ol' dude a borderline superhero at getting out of trouble. Oh god! And the stereotypical Asian voices are hilarious sometimes.

On the downside, it can get repetitive; more-so than most games. I would give it a 9, but then I

On the downside, it can get repetitive; more-so than most games.

I would give it a 9, but then I remembered I bought it for less than $5... so a 10 it is. But, if you want realism, skip on by. If you want something fun and don't care if some aspects are out there a bit, then give it a shot.
  60. Mar 13, 2014
    Just Cause 2, and I'm sure some people will agree with me, is the greatest open-world game I have ever played!

Pros: Ridiculously enjoyable gameplay Massive open-world to explore Packed with extra side-missions and content CHAOS!!! Cons: Checkpoints are inconvenient If you want to cause absolute chaos in the biggest open world in video games ever, then do yourself a favor and

Pros:
    Ridiculously enjoyable gameplay
    Massive open-world to explore
    Packed with extra side-missions and content
    CHAOS!!!

Cons:
    Checkpoints are inconvenient

If you want to cause absolute chaos in the biggest open world in video games ever, then do yourself a favor and play this game!
  61. Oct 31, 2014
    I was very positively surprised by this game . It is like GTA and very very fun. THe graphics are just awesome and the open world possibilities unlimited. I love the Grapling Hook and jets !!!
  62. Jul 19, 2014
    A huge improvement from its first game Just Cause, although I don't really like open world game, and although I completed Just Cause's story line, this one I haven't, but for people who like nice graphics, BLOWING UP STUFF, and a GTA style game, but without the naughty bits ;) It is truly a good game. Also, now you can get the Multiplayer mod!
  63. Jun 30, 2014
    If you want to know WHY you should buy this game,i will explain WHY you should buy this game.This game,worths a lot of try and playtrough since you can never beat the game in some days.

Just Cause 2 Is a great sandbox game with lot of easter eggs you can find and it is so good to be true:Lots of easter eggs is mission places.If you dont want missions,then you can wreck everywhere with you awesome weaponry and your vehicles.

I want to tell you about the secrety of the game and its storyline.You are from the Agency,and you are sent to Panau islands to murder their new bad president Pandak ''Baby'' Panay and reveal the secrets of the military.

But your friend from Agency named Tom Sheldon has been lost in the deep of Panau Island but you will never know he was the black market seller until the next mission.

Now,i want to tell you about the Black Market.In Black Market,you will buy and modify weapons and vehicles,and after some missions you will unlock extraction which will extract you to anywhere discovered on Panau but on sight of map.

The Factions.There are 3 factions in tha Panau which are trying to conquer the Panau and they will give you information,money and chaos(See Above) exchange in your services to them.

Lastly,everyone will think is there some way to unlock them or everything is at once?Right.There is a unlock way named Chaos.The most awesome thing in my book.And getting Chaos is not hard.You can complete city,village or millitary bases,destroy military equipment or complete missions to get chaos!

Well,there are a lot more stuff to tell,there are some bugs but are little.So i will give that game 10/10,you must try if you have money!
  64. Jul 1, 2014
    One giant step-up since the original release of Just Cause.

It seems highly exaggerating, especially when hi-jacking cars & planes, getting shot many times, opening your chute while on-foot. It does have many glitches, but the game-play is fine.
  65. Mar 10, 2015
    I kind of hated and found the game frustrating at first, especially the annoying 2nd mission with the car surfing, but once you get past that it starts to get a little better and becomes quite fun and addicitive, can't stop playing even though it gets repetitive and sometimes feels tedious with terrible voice acting, terrible story, no depth.

Game would crash often until I turned off

Game would crash often until I turned off decals and blur. But still game crashes at least once or twice a play session.

Sure you can purchase vehicles, but it seems like a waste of money, I bought a plane having never flown one yet and not even being sure of the controls, ended up crashing it into the ocean, so goodbye to 60k and if you die you lose them as well, if they blow up they are gone for good. I hate how you can't store purchased vehicles anywhere. I've played other games where you can save your vehicles in a garage even if they blow up. I just don't bother buying vehicles.

The environment is beautiful and detailed, I love exploring it and diving underwater just because the water looks so nice.

I like creating chaos and trying to complete all achievements.

Though being very repetitive makes it just an ok game, slightly above average.
    Worth getting on special like I did for $5.
  66. Feb 25, 2015
    I love this game so much. I love this game Just because of the world and mechanics. It is a very smart game, but it is hidden behind all the parts that the critics evaluate, which are the story line and the boring pickup hunts. It is very rare that a game is found with this level of graphics, game play and world size, especially from 2010. Games even from this era are dwarfed in map size.I love this game so much. I love this game Just because of the world and mechanics. It is a very smart game, but it is hidden behind all the parts that the critics evaluate, which are the story line and the boring pickup hunts. It is very rare that a game is found with this level of graphics, game play and world size, especially from 2010. Games even from this era are dwarfed in map size. the area of play is 643.4 square miles and it takes 10 minutes to cross by jet and about 30 to cross by parachute and grappling hook. This brings me to the mechanics. It is surprising that no franchise before has thought of the combination of a grappling hook and parachute, but even if they had, it would be put to shame by the detailed way this is done in the game. This is the kind of thing that exposes endless possibility. you can not only pull yourself immense distances with a single grapple, but you can also tether two objects together. I like to ride on the top of a 747 while it is taking off, tether it to the ground and abandon ship. the problem of handling vehicle destruction is pulled of by instead, making everything explode. I have played the game for about three weeks, and clocked in about 30 hours, and it is still relentlessly fun. While the missions are terribly boring, it is always fun to find the most creative way to pull it off. In a select mission, I had to destroy multiple generators inside buildings. grenades weren't getting the job done, so I bought a cluster bomb launcher, launched it inside, and ran. This game rivals GTA V, while it was made in 2010 and is endlessly re-playable. For $15 on steam and the ability to run on a Celeron, processor, this is a game everybody should own. Expand
  67. May 26, 2015
    Lovely game! There is so much to do on this game, like collecting upgrades and hidden items, destroying bases, stunting with vehicles and parachuting on a fun way! And i also like:
    - The sharp graphics, sounds and music
    - The great story - Funny and cool vehicles for stunting and the huge map. But personally, i don't think this is a game for completing 100%, because the gameplay gets
    - The sharp graphics, sounds and music
    - The great story
    - Funny and cool vehicles for stunting and the huge map.

But personally, i don't think this is a game for completing 100%, because the gameplay gets too repetive.
  68. Mar 29, 2012
    Excellent game. It excells in freedom, destruction, and entertainment. It is not the perfect game, however. After a while the game gets slightly repetative and replayability dims. This does not mean it is a bad game, rather not worthy of the 8-9 score due to the lack of significant motives for replayability, as I do not find myself coming back to it terribly often. However, it does provideExcellent game. It excells in freedom, destruction, and entertainment. It is not the perfect game, however. After a while the game gets slightly repetative and replayability dims. This does not mean it is a bad game, rather not worthy of the 8-9 score due to the lack of significant motives for replayability, as I do not find myself coming back to it terribly often. However, it does provide fun on a scale of the huge map that expands from many different seaons. It looks beautiful. Sunsets are astounding and the dynamic weather is well executed. The gunplay, on the other hand, is not so strong. Point and click mechanics are, however, balanced by the opportunities provided by the grapple - which provides a new dimension to shootouts. Definately worth a buy on a Steam sale, although not full retail. A solid 7. Collapse

1. One of the most enjoyable sandboxes for players to experiment in this side of Grand Theft Auto. [Issue#204, p.86]
  2. Just Cause 2 can hardly be called an average game. It's a good one undermined by a selection of mediocre elements, and it's all the more frustrating this time around because Avalanche shows us glimpses of just how much fun two weeks on holiday with Rico should be. [Apr 2010, p.96]
  3. Just Cause 2 is a sequel that outdoes the original with gripping gameplay, exquisite visuals and a variety of missions that will keep you playing longer than you might expect. If you're an action fan, you need this.