7.7

1. Nov 22, 2014
    Lovely game! There is so much to do on this game, like collecting upgrades and hidden items, destroying bases, stunting with vehicles and parachuting on a fun way! And i also like: - The sharp graphics, sounds and music - The great story - Funny and cool vehicles for stunting and the huge map. But personally, i don't think this is a game for completing 100%, because the gameplay gets too repetive. Expand
  2. Oct 31, 2014
    I was very positively surprised by this game . It is like GTA and very very fun. THe graphics are just awesome and the open world possibilities unlimited. I love the Grapling Hook and jets !!!
  3. Oct 1, 2014
    The mechanics make checks the control can't cash. Everything in this game is fiddly & awkward, despite allowing large margins of error (sometimes large to a fault, as in the constant auto-aim annoyances). There are plenty of games out there that require far more accuracy, speed, precision & intricacy of control, and actually provide the player with the tools to fulfill it.

Otherwise, as
    is common in "open-world" games, the mission structure defeats the object of any flexibility & improvisation supposedly on offer. Expand
  4. Sep 19, 2014
    A pretty large and beautiful island background for a simple but interesting story,mechanics of freedom and influence,these are the advantages.But that's all of it.
    I found that it takes the players too much time to drive or hiking around the island,the mountain,for there's no fast plane for them at the beginning of the story.Meantime,the quests seem need the player to get the very
    locations to start or complete.As we know,some other known games,such as Sleeping Dogs and Assassin's Creed IV are with the mechanic of quest auto-interaction and ignoring the journey for the quest location.Sometimes,when the mechanic not triggered,we can use the cabs or fast travel.
    For short,the time wasting and amusement killing journey at the beginning consumed my patience for this game.
    Looks like the cloud save of it is not functional on Steam.
  5. Aug 11, 2014
    I think that this is one of the best Console to PC ports. The graphics are nice, fps is good, aiming with mouse works well and controls are good. The game's main attraction is the grappling hook. It's a very fun open ended game. The AI is not the best, the military is very easy to avoid. I also found storyline not to be very interesting. All in all this is a really fun game and I really mean it. I spent many hours just going around the world and making a mess. Expand
  6. Jul 25, 2014
    This game is easily one of my all time favorites; not only is it a mindless open world game with loads of explosions, but bathes in its own cliché to make even the ridiculous story and missions great fun to play. A point off for the main story being far too short, and that the game gets repetitive if you try to play it too seriously.
  7. Jul 19, 2014
    A huge improvement from its first game Just Cause, although I don't really like open world game, and although I completed Just Cause's story line, this one I haven't, but for people who like nice graphics, BLOWING UP STUFF, and a GTA style game, but without the naughty bits ;) It is truly a good game. Also, now you can get the Multiplayer mod!
  8. Jul 1, 2014
    One giant step-up since the original release of Just Cause.

It seems highly exaggerating, especially when hi-jacking cars & planes, getting shot many times, opening your chute while on-foot. It does have many glitches, but the game-play is fine.
  9. Jun 30, 2014
    If you want to know WHY you should buy this game,i will explain WHY you should buy this game.This game,worths a lot of try and playtrough since you can never beat the game in some days.

Just Cause 2 Is a great sandbox game with lot of easter eggs you can find and it is so good to be true:Lots of easter eggs is mission places.If you dont want missions,then you can wreck everywhere with
    you awesome weaponry and your vehicles.

I want to tell you about the secrety of the game and its storyline.You are from the Agency,and you are sent to Panau islands to murder their new bad president Pandak ''Baby'' Panay and reveal the secrets of the military.

But your friend from Agency named Tom Sheldon has been lost in the deep of Panau Island but you will never know he was the black market seller until the next mission.

Now,i want to tell you about the Black Market.In Black Market,you will buy and modify weapons and vehicles,and after some missions you will unlock extraction which will extract you to anywhere discovered on Panau but on sight of map.

The Factions.There are 3 factions in tha Panau which are trying to conquer the Panau and they will give you information,money and chaos(See Above) exchange in your services to them.

Lastly,everyone will think is there some way to unlock them or everything is at once?Right.There is a unlock way named Chaos.The most awesome thing in my book.And getting Chaos is not hard.You can complete city,village or millitary bases,destroy military equipment or complete missions to get chaos!

Well,there are a lot more stuff to tell,there are some bugs but are little.So i will give that game 10/10,you must try if you have money!
  10. Jun 30, 2014
    Great game a sequel would be insane. Multiplayer mod is too much fun. I hope they have some crazy epic awesome winning hashtag multiplayer for the next one
  11. Vas
    Jun 29, 2014
    This game offers a lot of territory and things to do. You can go around killing random enemy bases just for fun, or follow the story and complete missions. It is generally very hard to complete 100% of this game if you want every single thing done, takes a long long time because there is just so much stuff. The story is pretty fun too, I really enjoy the game. I think you will too.
  12. May 1, 2014
    This is the ultimate open world gaming experience with a stellar achievement in gameplay design (= the grappling hook). Graphics look great even by today's standards.
  13. Apr 11, 2014
    An excellent combination of Far Cry (2&3) with The Saboteur, this game will become addictive. Beautiful island scenery complements your ability to drive any vehicle as well as fly helicopters and fighter planes. Three main "bad" guys offer a variety of side missions, which allow them to conquer certain sections of the islands, and later providing some small assistance. I loved flying around destroying bases with the helicopter. The game is fun and the main missions (which trigger after creating enough mayhem and destruction, i.e., chaos) are interesting but too few. What I didn't like is having to find every single machine part/ammo upgrade box in all the bases in order for it to appear as 100% secured. I also thought there should have been many more side missions as well as more than just six or seven main missions. There is humor in the game, which is always appreciated. When continuously blasting away with the helicopter, Rico will begin humming a song. If he falls from a height without killing himself he'll say "whoa, that was too close to comfort." Or if he gets away from a serious fight without injury he will say other words in Spanish that I'm sure I can't write here. Hilarious. Well worth purchasing it for entertainment. Expand
  14. Mar 26, 2014
    The massive procedurally generated open world is gorgeous, and all of it is the player's playground to cause chaos in. The game "Fuel" also creates a huge world like this, as does Daggerfall, but all in all this game oozes the most fun.
  15. Mar 13, 2014
    Just Cause 2, and I'm sure some people will agree with me, is the greatest open-world game I have ever played! Pros: Ridiculously enjoyable gameplay Massive open-world to explore Packed with extra side-missions and content CHAOS!!! Cons: Checkpoints are inconvenient If you want to cause absolute chaos in the biggest open world in video games ever, then do yourself a favor and play this game! Expand
  16. Feb 25, 2014
    The gameplay IS original but most of the time it's just... completely awkward. I will explain why. There is a LOT of getting-used-to required. It looks similar to GTA games but as someone who has played GTA games to the point of pointlessness maybe I am being too critical but to me PC control system is a far cry from GTA - it's as if they spent 30 minutes porting controls from consoles, it's really a half arsed effort. The 3rd person camera is obnoxious but you can get used to it (still though, not perfect as in GTA IV). Default keyboard controls are moronically laid out so you will want to change that from the start rather than waste hours struggling with the set hoping that somehow it's just you and the settings are ideal. Not everything can be changed though, for example the weapon zoom lock can't be changed - in such action packed game zoom locking can get very annoying. Sprint mode is even more awkward, you'll just avoid using it most of the time and just move around with your grappling hook. Now about the grapling hook, it's original, yes, but it's just simply ridiculous and with such awkward controls you'll end up in funny but (over time) annoying situations. Most of the time you have no idea what's going on, where you are and what you're doing, if it turns red you just hook to another radar or radio tower which are abundant thorugh the game. With that said it's not a conventional game, you have to use the hook it's not a choice. Laws of physics don't apply in this game, you'll be doing stuff which defies all logic. This would all be fine if it wasn't for the awkwardly ported controls, they just don't make sense in a shooter, again, I'm a big fan of GTA games and never had problems with 3rd person shooter concept but in Just Cause 2 controls are so ridiculous they're distracting from the game. For example if you accidentally press number 1 twice you would unload the gun... this happened a lot in mid-action and it's frustrating, now unloading my gun would make sense if this was Skyrim but it's not, why would I ever want to unload the freaking gun? This is just one "thing" but there are plenty. Graphics are just... OK. I have a serious gaming rig because I appreciate great graphics which was what I expected from this game. In realty graphics feel like special effects in a low budget action movie from 80s. The world is massive but not very detailed, textures are generic and sometimes low res almost like solid colors, character models are crude and lifeless, cut scenes are extremely boring and to make things worse often unskippable. Water/fire effects are great but they stand out from the crude low-res low-poly world that surrounds them, the world is NOT immersive like in Crysis, Far Cry, HL2 or GTA IV, it all feels like a cartboard stage. Blood stains, bullet holes, explosions etc. are very short and after few seconds the place looks like new. Damage on vehicles is a terrible and cheap photoshop job. Various little issues are plenty but not serious, e.g. you often can't pick up dropped guns or guns disappear somewhere inside a 3D polygon. It's worth noting that on my rig (which is a modern and high end Win7 one) game crashed quite often, at least every few hours. I have a very fast SSD disc and saving settings such as a hotkey would take 15 seconds, I simply can't fathom why. Minimizing the game to check some tips on the web would often crash it. Again it's got all those "ported from XBOX in 15 mins" issues. If you've read this far I guess there's no need to continue and trust me there are more issues so don't waste your time unless you really like to try out new things in which case go for it but don't get your hopes too high. Expand
  17. Feb 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. +Fun Gameplay+
    +Good Storyline+
    +Good A.I+ (Sometimes frustrates)
    +Great Graphics+
    +Great Open World Design+
    +Nice Multiplayer Mode+
    -Moderate Voice Acting+

Just Cause 2 is really like the most expectation open world game, at least it's pretty amazing to see how good programmers tested this game is wildly impressive.
  18. Feb 21, 2014
    Fun. Flying should have better controls... but what's a n!**a to do? It's still a fun game. Don't expect realism; that grappling hook parachute combo makes ol' dude a borderline superhero at getting out of trouble. Oh god! And the stereotypical Asian voices are hilarious sometimes.

On the downside, it can get repetitive; more-so than most games.

I would give it a 9, but then I
    remembered I bought it for less than $5... so a 10 it is. But, if you want realism, skip on by. If you want something fun and don't care if some aspects are out there a bit, then give it a shot. Expand
  19. Feb 9, 2014
    Why is this game good? We may never know. The shooting mechanics aren't that good, and neither are the guns. The story is lame, as is the voice acting. The missions are sometimes bland and repetitive. So why is it fun? Because of the setting and action movie influence. Panau is bigger than GTA V's Los Santos. It has varied environments. You can hijack a plane, jump on top of it, and then jump on to a passing plane, and hijack that one. Its beautiful. You can do anything. Cars explode as soon as they hit something when you're not in them. You have a grappling hook and infinite parachutes. And its a great looking game as well. The problem is the lack of depth. The world is huge. But you can't really interact with it in the slightest. That's where games like GTA and Saints Row have it beat. I'm hoping for improvements in gameplay and the world in Just Cause 3 (if it exists...). Expand
  20. Jan 31, 2014
    Just Cause 2 is the Expendables of the video-game world; it might not have outstanding features, but you get your money's worth through the entertainment it provides. PROS: +It is insane action movie that you control. +The game can be modded. +The multiplayer's good, but only if you have friends with you. +Huge open world! HUGE! CONS: -The story is somewhat original, but nothing to call your friends about, a-matter-of-fact it is kind of bland.
    -The game constantly thrusts you in to it's generic storyline.
    -The combat is floaty and odd with elements that making aiming ridiculously difficult at some points.
    -Who ever optimized this game didn't do a great job.
    It is just a popcorn game - a game you get out of boredom to pass the time.
  21. Jan 21, 2014
    Besides nice graphics and huge open world (which is very detailed), it doesn't have much else to offer. The game itself doesn't have good storyline, its voice-cast is unprofessional, heat-system is laughable and mid-through the game you'll be left with no serious goal to achieve.
    Sure, blowing up fuel tanks, SAM sites and generators while watching big explosions may seem like fun, but it
    gets quite repetitious - not to mention how frustrating it gets when you're searching for the last property to destruct in order to advance.
    It might seem as I'm bashing the game, but I'm not. I had loads of fun when I started playing it, but I just don't see myself hooked to the game. Overall it's a decent game, it just needs some improvements.
  22. Jan 12, 2014
    What should I say about this game? Well, first it's a very nice game, it's certainly enormous, probably the biggest map with such detail. The Controls are quiet nice. The amount of Biomes are amazing, Mountains, Tropical Forest, Desert. The city is very nice to drive/fly around. The story is quiet nice. The music is ok.
  23. Jan 2, 2014
    Just Cause 2 is an amazing game. Tons of fun missions, beautiful explosions, and over 100 different vehicles to find and drive. Although, the game gets very repetitive after you complete all the faction missions and the main story line. I wouldn't say this is a game to play to completion, but very fun until you get to about 60% completion.
  24. Dec 31, 2013
    Ok, I am a little late the this game. Partly because I didn't have a system that could play it. Now that I have a smoking rig, I am going back a bit and playing games forward. My current computer lets me play this on Max every setting. The only glitch was turning off V-Sync or it would cause it to crash to the desktop now in then with Windows 8.

Pros: I got this game plus DLC for
    $11 on Steam. A STEAL for the amount of fun I am having. This game reminds me a lot of the first half of the original Crysis, which I loved. Lots of action, shooting, blowing stuff up. In that game, even after I had killed off any troops, I'd finish blowing up the whole camp, every car, mowing down trees, because I thought it was fun. You get lots of that in Just Cause 2. One of my favorite things is to steal a good chopper from a Military Base and fly around blowing up random bases, enemy installations... or as the game says creating chaos for the government. Then when I am finally matched or shot down, bailing out and parachuting into a remote area to make my way to then next mission or objective. Some have complained about repetition of missions, etc... but I found that in Dues Ex, the Far Cry series, the Fallout Series, Skyrim, etc... I'd rather have more repetition, and the ability to choose what I want to do, and still finish the game than a short 6-10 hour $59 linear game that a day later your sitting there going..."That's it?" Not all of us our online gamers so the multi-player doesn't appeal to everyone. Some of us old school still a big, open world, single player experience which this delivers. Lastly, I am playing it on the hardcore setting. On this setting, some of the missions are pretty challenging so if you are experienced, I highly recommend this setting.

CONS: Obviously, not the fault of the game really, but more when I am playing it after it's release, the graphics are a tad dated. However, being able to play on Max settings without a hick-up makes it still an above average game visually. Not as polished as the original Crysis, but still very good. The weapons use, aiming, etc... could be a little tighter and realistic. The weapons upgrades as well. I find myself gravitating to a few regularly, without the need to upgrade many vehicles either. Doesn't detract from the game but could enhance it had it been done a little differently. Story could be a little tighter but if you play you'll find that your main mission, along with helping the 3 factions on the island, keep it interesting. Especially if you mix up which faction missions, and for whom you complete them. There is not "set" order to do them so don't. It keeps it fresh.

Conclusion: Hey, I got this for $11. For that money, it was one of the best game purchases I have made. If you skipped this for a reason, and you can get it at a bargain, I'd pick it up. You can't go wrong. I'd gladly have paid more but I didn't have too and neither do you. Yes there are tighter, more realistic, more linear offerings. But if you are looking for a good time, like the FPS non-linear style game, then this is for you.
  25. Dec 27, 2013
    As an indian man just cause 2 very dissapointed me... My friend from Alaska told me it was an indian simulator but it really doesn't looks like it... I think my blub fish would hate it too... The voice actors sound like my shaved dog! 7 out of ten! because 7 in india means
  26. Dec 17, 2013
    This game is fun as f**k, I mean who doesn't love flying around blowing s**t up. The story mode is fun, but stupid with hilariously bad voice acting (oh well) with great graphics and a strange, strange villain.
  27. Dec 13, 2013
    This game is fantastic. Great fun, great world, which is detailed and enormous, great campaign (maybe not hillirious voice acting) and great...blowing up If you haven't brought this, BUY IT NOW!!!
  28. Dec 5, 2013
    Fun for the first two hours and then just plain frustrating and repetitive especially if you are playing with a keyboard. Trying to find new missions and moving forward takes forever and involves a great deal of pointless driving around only to keep ending up in the same place. They keyboard controls for anything other than vehicles are just impossible. I guess if you have a controller then yes hours of fun but otherwise hours of frustration. Nice looking world though. Expand
  29. Dec 4, 2013
    One of the best free roam games ever. Almost limitless things to do from tying people the gas tanks and shooting the gas tanks off sending people into the air like rockets to diving from a helicopter on top of a taking off military cargo jet which u high jack in the air, every biome possible is in this game and with a tough but not annoying upgrading system in the game it makes this game one of the funniest pc games i have ever played. This game is in my top 10 of all time Expand
  30. Dec 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I thought that the GTA games were the pinnacle in free-roam sandbox fun. I was wrong (thus far). Just Cause 2 (JC2) definitely sets a new standard for random sandbox fun. Just roaming around, cause chaos as part of the game's requirement, while literally traveling on foot, in the water, in the air, and in any vehicle possible, is simply ridiculously fun. The truly amazing feeling in the beginning of the game is, that while you are standing on a huge building, looking in the distance, you can actually say to yourself, "I can get there. This is not just a background." And it's true. Whatever you can see in the world of JC2, you can reach. Hi-jack a plane, a helicopter, a car, anything. If you drive, fly or go by boat, eventually you arrive at the way point you set for yourself. And it's fun. All the while you can earn money from chaos, buy upgrades, or just fool around. The only other game I've ever played where I can spend hours having fun while doing nothing, was in a GTA game. And this is a ton more fun. If you like GTA, get this. It really is awesome! Expand
  31. Nov 20, 2013
    The over the top, mass destructive, chaos causing, parachuting agent could only mean a “Just Cause” sequel! Now, I'm the first to admit I have played the first game several times, but have never been interested long enough to complete it… The game although having fantastic environments never really done much else for me, the sequel however had me hooked. The vehicle controls had improved (there still aren't many vehicles, but they have improved) the environments still as huge and lush as ever… This game as a whole is quite awesome and as Rico so often says “It isn't a party til’ something gets broken!” and you can’t fault his efforts at starting parties! Expand
  32. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Some of the best graphics seen on the PC. 10.
    Sound: Catchy background themes/soundtrack, the voice acting is weak though. The gun sounds are okay. 7.5.

Gameplay: Huge sandbox game with the world being one of the biggest in gaming. The game is like Just Cause, or a GTA type game but probably has the most freedom ever in the game. You get a grappling hook, unlimited
    parachutes, stunts similar to pursuit force on PC but much better. The gun play and shooting mechanics are good, but could definitely feel better. The game is built on a chaos mechanic; cause enough chaos to unlock each Act, stronghold mission, or faction mission. There are different factions where you do side quests. This game is superb. 9.5.

Story: This is probably the weakest point of the game but still average. Your sent in to kill your old employer from the first part, but things take a turn and you find out the truth, and so on so forth it’s really not too interesting but again average. 7.5.

Lasting Appeal: The game is worth it, single player only took me 12-14 hours to complete, plus many more side missions, PC mods that make the game even better. 10.

Overall Score: 8.9 out of 10.
  33. Nov 7, 2013
    Bow down, GTA and Saints Row fanboys: THIS is the king of Open-World (Outside of you know, RPGs). Avalanche remembers that games are supposed to be fun. Just Cause 2 allows you to unleash your inner sociopath and wreak havoc on what is probably supposed to be North Korea but isn't. Full of neat easter eggs, and graphics that still look good 3 years later. Also, props for making a good PC port that can even outclass consoles. Check this one out. It goes on sale on Steam very often. Expand
  34. Nov 2, 2013
    [9.0] Just Cause 2 is an unforgettable open world experience. It's a massive improvement on the first game, and it gives incredible freedom and so many options. Just Cause 2 is one of few fast-paced action games that has as much depth as the player allows it to, and is an experience that is really defined by how much the player is willing to do with the game. It is the perfect example of why video games are such an important part of interactive media. Expand
  35. Oct 22, 2013
    Great is great, repetitive is repetitive nice graphics, AI sufficient and a huge map that forces you to make some real trips to carry out missions almost too big!

Not bad
  36. Oct 20, 2013
    The Game is Simply Amazing. Whats Better Than Walking Around With A Grappling Hook And A Parachute. The Makers Of The Game Put Everything That I Want In A Video Game Into This Game. It Also Has A Very Large Map, With Lots Of Missions, Fun Freeplay, And Lots Of Weapons And Vehicles! In My Opinion, You Must Buy This!
  37. Sep 23, 2013
    The most overrated game i've ever played. It's a huge world full of incredibly boring and tedious tasks. The graphics are good for the time when the game was released, but it has tons of performance issues. I had to put all the graphics options on low just to get close to 30 fps. The only real redeeming quality is the massive map, easily the biggest map i've ever seen in an open world game. Everything else is sub-par or flat out terrible. The worst part is that it's just not fun at all. A real shame. Expand
  38. Sep 12, 2013
    overrated game of the year yep it is not good at all it has one of the most terrible voice acting ever boring protagonist and very weak shooting mechanics
  39. Sep 8, 2013
    the Game optimization is very nice,all of my computers can play it over 30 fps on highest setting.
    and the prize is nice,a game dare to put a low pirce is winner.
    it is very nice to travel freely in game,i think the most fun is not kill,is travel.because some place is the same..
    but if u travel,u can go through the four seasons,and the whole map is free,no need load,and no lag when go
    very fast by airplane.
    shame,it not support bandicam,can not record the game,fraps is hard disk raper,i can not accept it,so i give up record this game.
  40. Sep 3, 2013
    A big, dumb, beautiful game with an interesting grapple mechanic. Really, it does what any open world game should do, and that's give you tons of freedom to go do what you want. As long as what you want involves a LOT of destruction.
  41. Aug 22, 2013
    played for 10 minutes then deleted. A game obviously designed for children, I'm just lucky i only paid $2.99 on steam. I don't understand why all forms of entertainment are being aimed more and more at children, I have loads more spare cash, disappointing....
  42. Aug 20, 2013
    As long as you don't mind a lot of explosions, and don't care much about realism or story, you will find it hard to stop playing this game. The problem with Grand Theft Auto is that it tried too hard to be realistic and gritty, and it lost track of what a sandbox like that is supposed to be, fun. Just Cause 2 works because it's Chaos system is kind of a reward for doing whatever you want; it rewards your freedom in a way. Whether you want to sabotage a mountain military base or just throw grenades at passing cars, as long as you are blowing something up, you are progressing the game, while games like Grand Theft Auto merely let you commit mass destruction for the heck of it. The story is terrible, but that isn't what the developers focused on, and it is pretty obvious when you hear some of the voice acting, and becomes even more apparent in some of the boss fights (I won't spoil them). In summary, this is probably the ideal game to play after a stressful day at work/school, where only excessive violence can calm your nerves. There are a few issues that in most games would cause me to demote their rating, such as the occasional glitch, the inability to shoot while inside a car ect, but I have so much fun the rest of the time I can't think of giving this game anything less but a full 10. Expand
  43. Aug 15, 2013
    I have to review this because of "TheUnbiasedOne"'s review, this is clearly a right winged dream, infiltrating a country that doesn't want you there and killing anyone that disagrees with Uncle Sam.

Other than that, the game play is phenomenal, it is fun to shoot around on your grappling hook and glide with an infinite parachute. It's ridiculous of course but it is very fun, if anyone
    played Mercenaries 2, it's like that yet the destruction is much more rewarding. The only reason I took 2 points off is because of a significant lack of multiplayer, this game could have been one of the best sandbox do what ever the hell you want games, yet it has no multiplayer, and it kills me that they neglected it. Expand
  44. Jul 17, 2013
    Just Cause 2 is a game that works for some people, but will strike the wrong chords with others. Starting with the good, the game is graphically exceptional, boasting beautiful environments along with a wide selection of vehicles you can use for your shenanigans. Also, If you haven't heard, Just Cause 2's environment, the island nation of Panau, is massive, both in terms of boundary to boundary size, as well as verticality. The game features a mixture of locales, such as military bases, barren deserts, snow capped mountains, a jaw dropping cliff (Which is particularly fun to drive all sorts of vehicles off of), as well as massive set pieces, such as a massive nuclear submarine. The capital city of Panau is so large that you could fit a game all of its own in that specific area without raising an eyebrow. Gameplay for the most part is fun as well, featuring boatloads of gunplay, and plenty of Easter eggs combed with hundreds of collectibles. Now the bad... I'll start with the story, as it seems to be the elephant in the room here. It's a disappointing mash up of faction feuds, communism, and Russian stereotypes. Characters are completely forgettable, and the voice acting will literally make you cringe. The people of Panau speak some sort of Vietnamese/Japanese mash up with an Australian accents. Rico delivers his fair share of cliche catch phrases, and every time you pick up a collectible, you are treated to the same awful sound byte give to you via one of the faction leaders. Gunplay can also seem broken at times, and in high points of heat, the rather low draw distance will give the appearance of enemies simply spawning out of thin air. Also worth noting, citizens of panau will scream at you in English...while the environment Iis huge, it's mostly barren, and all of the towns in the same area are just different layouts of the SAME BUILDINGS. You will also encounter building clones in the capital city, which can lead to disorientation and déjà vu. Not joking.. The missions are pretty much the same as every mediocre action shooter, drive here, shoot them, go here and hold a button. Certainly nothing revolutionary. I will end with the ridiculous, which is certainly Rico's main form of transport, the grappling hook and his unlimited supply of parachutes. While unrealistic, the combo provide an excellent way of traversing Panau, as well as providing a form of entertainment occasionally. In conclusion, Just Cause 2, is a game that shouldn't be taken seriously, and merits a console purchase of a used copy simply to run around a blow stuff up. And if you enjoy even more ludicrous gameplay, pick it up on PC and try out the multiplayer mod, which is quite a thing to behold. A mediocre package overall Expand
  45. Jul 17, 2013
    What can I say, this is an amazing game with fun, easy to learn game-play mechanics. Story is just amazingly stereotypical. The map is not only AMAZINGLY large but the map is also VERY plentiful. The interface is very well laid out with easy to see icons but still out of the way of game-play. And finally, there's the aspect of graphics, I personally think they are AMAZING, no, TERRIFIC. But sadly, I realize that JC2 requires quite a powerful PC to get the full affect of the beauty of this game. So, all-in-all, it's an amazing game but only if you really have the good enough PC and if you have the sense of knowing a good game. Expand
  46. Jul 15, 2013
    I'll start with the cons. I personally thought the story was pretty weak. And the first 3/4 of the game is incredibly repetitive. I almost got to the point where I was bored enough with the story to stop playing for a while. The "bosses" were the stereotype where they're nearly invincible because it takes so long to kill them even if you're shooting them in the head.

Pros: Panau is a
    huge open world environment and is easily the most beautiful game I have ever played. There are so many fun vehicles to drive and on occasion it's fun to just hop in an airplane and explore. The game play is really fun. Especially the grapple, it makes those tedious long walks between mission move along a bit quicker. The guns are also fun to use, although I would have appreciated if there were more guns to use and just an overall larger selection of things to buy in the black market.

Overall, Just Cause 2 is a great game. It's fun to play just to mess around. There are a lot of flaws but the fun gameplay easily makes you forget about it. I would recommend to anyone.
  47. Jul 14, 2013
    In a nutshell, this is a insanely fun game that has you exploring an open world, which is so massive you will take you 15 to 30 minutes (even flying a jet) to fully cross from one side to the other.
    Though on of the biggest draw factors is that there's so much to do: from hijacking cars, freefalling for minutes of cliffs, parachuting across jungles and deserts, picking fights with
    choppers and the enemy military, engaging in full on pursuits, complete missions and destroying bases just to name a few.
    Over time, all this does get a little repetitive, but that hasn't stopped me putting a full 50 hours into this game. Well worth it!
  48. Jul 14, 2013
    This game has so much potential, but one thing that ruins the game a lot is the negative mouse acceleration. I cant believe why anyone would do that. Makes NO sense to me. Another this that grinds my balls to dust is the saving system. If u make your way really far and then die, you´ll start over from the last checkpoint. So why even include a savingsystem if it dosent work as it should? I googled a way to fix this but i bought this game on steam so it dosnt work. Expand
  49. Jul 12, 2013
    Just Cause 2 is an amazing game. Tons of fun missions, beautiful explosions, and over 100 different vehicles to find and drive. Although, the game gets very repetitive after you complete all the faction missions and the main story line. I wouldn't say this is a game to play to completion, but very fun until you get to about 40% completion.
  50. Jul 12, 2013
    This game is absolute great, especially for its price online. I found a copy for just $2.50 and I'm sure it's not hard at all to find one for ~$10 elsewhere. It's a mix of GTA with Mercenaries with a fun grappling hook and parachute combo that never gets tiring for traveling around the beautiful world.

The only things that stops this game from being a 10/10 is the very small variety of
    weapons, poor vehicle controls, and repetitive nature. Most of the missions feel the same, but it doesn't really matter too much because it's a lot of fun anyway.

If the gameplay mechanics weren't as fun as they are, this game easily could have been a 5/10, due to all the reasons people have listed as well as the ones above. Regardless, the most amazing $2.50 game I have ever played.
  51. Jul 3, 2013
    What an amazing game! You can fly planes, drive boats and cars, and skydive/base-jump. You can blow up tons of things. I totally agree with SPINEY when he says that the game is repetitive, which it is. After 25% the hard-core completion person will continue to 100%, the casual person will mess around, and the experimental people will start modding (if they haven't already). Repetitiveness aside, you can explore about 400 square kilometers of land and ocean, killing any Panuans in your way. The voice acting is average. The missions are entirely subjective though. Some may like them and think they're fun and interesting, and some may completely ignore them and think they're a waste of time/use them as cash. Factions drive cars around, and it's fun to get on them and shoot stuff. You can use a ton of weapons and upgrade them. The modding community is amazing also. I recommend the first person mod, multi-player mod (maybe), and other mods may bring interest such as realistic clouds and underwater planes. I've put almost 200 hours into this game between Xbox and PC. It's a classic. Expand
  52. Jun 26, 2013
    It is a great game though its a little boring.The world is huge,and the graphics are amazing but the story missions are really hard to get but it is a really good game.
  53. Jun 24, 2013
    Definitely my favorite sandbox game of all time. One that I often come back to just to wonder around in. Lush gorgeous tropical environments that are beautifully rendered. Really fun and interesting gameplay mechanics like the grapple/dual grapple hook. Tons of sweet vehicles. I've put in about 50 hours on the game, only about 5 of those hours max were actually playing the game. The game itself is pretty lame to be quite honest. That might sound funny but it's the truth. Rated on it's 'intended' gameplay I'd give this a much lower score. In fact, I'd love if they just threw out all the run around and shoot things and people attacking you elements, blah blah blah. Bored me to tears really. But HOT DAMN, what a sandbox. This game is definitely on the top of my list for when the Occulus Rift gets released. I'm gonna be jumping off them mountains and parachuting from helicopters for hours on end. Great on the PC with the First Person mod installed (also can't go wrong with 2 KM grappling hook.) Pure FUN FUN FUN! Expand
  54. Jun 2, 2013
    I've only had this game for two days, and I haven't even beaten its story. However, I don't even have to. All I can say is that this game is just plain amazing! It is quite possibly the best video game I have ever played. In fact, the story is the one thing about this game that I would have to say is wrong with it. It sort of does have a cruddy story that is like your average B-movie, however, the story is not at all what this game is about. What this game is really about is its awesome gameplay. This game is open world, and has so much to see and do. One thing that this game definitely wanted to pull off was be like the average action movie. In fact, if I didn't know this game better I'd say that it was possibly satirizing action movies. However, I do know this game better, and I can safely say that if this game was going for being like an action movie, it undoubtedly succeeded. This game has so many different areas that make you feel like you're in a movie like Die Hard or the Expendables. The areas have several different destructible objects, enemies to fight, and make you feel like your character is an unstoppable war machine while the enemies are nothing more than mere toothpicks. There are also several elements in this game that are much like the average action movie as well. Does this game have you taking over enemy bases? Definitely! Does this game have car chases? Absolutely! Does this game have any other vehicle sections? Plenty! Does this game have high falls? Assortment of different weapons? A tropical island setting? You bet! Speaking of the island itself, let's move on to the graphics. These are some of the best graphics I have ever seen in a video game! They are very detailed, very beautiful, and very vibrant and colorful! There wasn't a single thing in this game that wasn't detailed properly. This game is a very beautiful sight indeed. The sound is also quite good. In fact, it is amazing! The explosions have a punch to them, the guns have just the right sound effects, and the vehicles sound just the way they should. One thing that people are bound to love about this game is how little emphasis it has on story. I have criticized story in the past, however, in this case I don't feel the need to do so. This game proves that a video game does not need a big emphasis on story to be good (I'm looking at you Assassin's Creed). The game's story is very short (only seven missions long), and the rest of the game is spent exploring, raiding bases, going on car chases, and completing faction missions. There are plenty of these faction missions all throughout the landscape of the island, and they are all unique, and a blast to play. Overall, I'd say, if you do not own this game, then what the heck are you waiting for? It's cheap on Steam (only $15). This game has everything that an action game junkie would want. It has a beautiful setting, little emphasis on story, and a giant emphasis on explosive, extremely fun and fast-paced gameplay! Buy this game right now if you do not yet own it. Do not hesitate, it really is that awesome! Expand
  55. May 23, 2013
    EPIC GAME! THE GRAPHICS ARE AMAZING ON A WINDOWS 7 LAPTOP, BUT THE WINDOWS VISTA GRAPGICS ARE NOT BAD /NOT PERFECT. I WONDER WHY THE GAME DOESN'T SUPPORT WINDOWS XP?
  56. May 15, 2013
    Very good optimization, more than decent graphics and a whole lot of gameplay possiblites. possibly the greatest and largest open world game ever made. A 100 GTA cities can take up the whole game map, no lying about that. And it's not that big without a reason, and can take over 100 hours to 100% complete.
  57. May 10, 2013
    сети.
    Good game but not enough to play multipleera.Hotelos onlain or with friends lokalnoi network.
  58. May 8, 2013
    Fantastic open world with great vistas,gamelpay and controls are great to get around the game quickly. Took a few weeks of nights away from me but well worth it, only wish more missions were available as the game was over too soon, but lots of other stuff to do that will keep you busy for some time. COME ON JUST CAUSE 3 PLEASE
  59. May 1, 2013
    Overall it's definitely worth giving this game a shot.

The gameplay can become tedious- especially if you aren't into constantly similar ways to earn "chaos" or over-the-top action. If you fall in love with the over the top action though (reminds me of the movie shoot em up really) then you will probably love this game.

There are some awesome mods available for it which is nice and
    the graphics are pretty good... however at the same time the cheesy story and voice acting really detracted from the experience. Some people loved that aspect but I just couldn't stand it.

Definitely worth a play through.
  60. Apr 26, 2013
    some of the best graphics i have ever seen. the multiplayer mod makes it addicting. for ten dollars on steam, this is a great deal. the controls are a bit hazardous if you don't have a controller. luckily i got one just to play this game. the map size is great for exploring in all different types of vehicles. i actually never beat the campaign because i was too busy flying and driving around. the storymode is forgettable but the opposite can be said about the multiplayer mod. go buy it. Expand
  61. Apr 19, 2013
    You got a big map, weapons, a grappling hook, a parachute and you have to make chaos. The story is really uninteresting, but the gameplay amazing. A lot of fun!
  62. Apr 2, 2013
    Loads of fun. Just Cause 2 truly understands the sand-box. It feels like like a polished mash-up of boiling point and Red-Faction Guerrilla maybe the Saboteur). First of all it gives you freedom. You can do whatever you feel like and It is all engaging. There is a plot to follow and factions to do side-missions for and endless opportunities to create chaos. The chaos will have the authorities after you which then leads to the evasion-game. I love the fact that you can shoot your way out of trouble, run, drive or para-sail away or even the hijack the chopper they bad guys sent after you.
    Travel: best I have ever seen. There is instant-travel (extraction from anywhere), stealing boats, cars, motor-bikes, planes, helicopters and then there is the hook. The grappling-hooks is so useful you will forget to walk places. There is a cool mechanic where you can use the grapple to ascend then engage your parachute to fly...then use you grapple to 'web-sling' your way around. No game has such a cool variety of transportation. If you don't become obsessed with collecting every little trinket in the game you will find hours of over-the top game-play here. Just flying a plane around to scout new locations can be entrancing. The island has a variety of terrain and the day-night cycle makes for amazing sunsets and vistas. Don't complain about the repetition in the game as this is the nature of the sand-box. Having 70% of the side missions available (after getting 20 hours worth of plot-mission value) is nothing more than gravy. This genre is not about deep plots anyway. If you want a game that is fun-to-play then look no further.
  63. Mar 29, 2013
    With 400 square miles of rugged terrain and hundreds of weapons and vehicles, Just Cause 2 defies gravity and belief. One of the best (if not the best) free-roaming games out there!
  64. Mar 21, 2013
    If this game is one thing, it is fun! Fun, something that a lot of games lack these days. The story of this game was meant to be completely stereotypical and lame, and that adds comedy to the game. There are so many things to do in Just Cause 2 that you will find you can never leave. The game has so much going for it, but only one minor problem keeps it from a 10/10: no multiplayer at launch. I know that someone has been developing it, in the form of a mod. But come on, this game would be so much better with vanilla multilayer! Expand
  65. Mar 21, 2013
    This game gets repetitive very fast. Every mission what you are doing for 3 different factions seem to be all the same. Its good open world game but suffers from variation between missions, this type of playing is boring and outright stupid.
  66. Mar 18, 2013
    Just Cause 2 should be able to be appreciated by any sandbox fan. If you like being able to do whatever you want, whenever you want, and approach every mission from a multitude of difference angles, this game is for you. On top of that, if you're a completionist, there are hundreds upon hundreds of gameplay hours available here. I have also spent countless hours grappling up a mountain, just to single-handedly destroy an entire communications base with rocket launchers, then steal their helicopter, fly to the beach, then destroy a military base with missiles, causing multiple choppers to come out and have a dog fight. If my heli gets blown up, I can safely land on the ground by *pulling myself toward it* with a grappling hook or by deploying one of my infinite parachutes. Physics be damned. Realism be damned. This game is utterly ridiculous. Kill everything and everyone. Blow up all the things. If you don't like this game, you are hereby deemed clinically-depressed, a boring human being, and I hate you.
    Just Cause 2 is one of the best games I've ever played, and one of the only games I can pick up year after year and find something new to do. Poor reviews on this game disgust me and make me lose faith in humanity. Learn how to have fun, you entitled little pr!(k.
  67. Mar 15, 2013
    Amazing sandbox-style play that's set apart by the fun and interesting grappling-hook-and-parachute dynamic. The plot and acting for the story mode is sub-par, but this game is not about the story. It's about bouncing around a massive Island chain flying jets, riding bikes, attaching gas canisters to unwitting bystanders and sending them to the moon, and generally f'ing sh't up.
  68. Feb 15, 2013
    Think of this game like your favorite summer action flick: outrageous stunts, tons of explosions and light on plot.
    Just Cause 2 is effectively a playground of destruction. A lot of vehicles (on land, sea and air) and plenty of weapons.
    And the grappling hook. By far the most entertaining part of the game. It can be used to pull yourself up a building, or pull an enemy off of one. Or,
    you can tether two things together, such as an enemy to a rocket and watch the hilarity ensue.
    Classic example of gameplay: I'm flying an unarmed passenger plane; enemy helicopters are dogging me. I fly high up into the sky, climb out of the and jump onto the top of my plane. Plane starts losing altitude, but I wait until an enemy helicopter gets close enough. I jump, going through free fall, diving past the helicopters. Midair, I grapple onto one of the 'copters, haul myself up onto it's nose, proceed to shoot the co-pilot and then beat the pilot senseless and throw him out of the I am now flying the helicopter and I use it to shoot down the remaining enemies flying after me.
    And that's how the game goes. It wasn't part of any mission, it was just me toodling around and only a few hours into the game.
    I can't comment too much on the story, since I really haven't been paying much attention to it. Basically, you're a spy/agent and your mentor was deep undercover and went rogue; now it's up to you to find him. To do so, you need to get in good with local rebel groups (by running missions) to destabilize the tyrannical regime and flush out the rogue agent.

Problems:
    Camera shake. Nearly everything causes the camera to shake, sometimes horribly. My eyes can't really handle it and there isn't any way to turn it off. Might not be an issue for some, but it is for me.
    Mods: there are only a few, and they're somewhat useful, but nothing like an overhaul or texture packs.
    Bugs: I haven't really noticed any; although sometimes physics will wig out, but I've only seen it happen a few times. Although, I did just fall through a bridge, but it's the first time it has happened in the 30+ hours that I've been playing it.

tl;dr: playground of destruction, a lot of fun, and it's $15 on Steam. Definitely worth it.
  69. Jan 28, 2013
    The underlying theme is Just Cause 2 is fun.
    The open world aspect is amazing, the amount of vehicles you can drive, and the grapple hook steals the show. However, beyond the stunning graphics and fun game play, unfortunately, Just Cause 2 has multiple faults. Here a couple.
    1. Repetition, throughout the whole game, there is lots of repeating yourself. Every mission is very similar,
    and finding the pieces to the base is SO ANNOYING, because there is always ONE that you can't find.
    2. Story line: Horrible Voice Acting: Worse
    Ok, now it was too short, too boring, too pointless . . . Overall it was bad, very bad, in fact, bad doesn't even begin to describe it.
    That is, if you are looking for a good story. but I was looking for fun, and thought it was hilarious.
    Now, what's more fun than killing a bunch of villagers, then hijacking a military helicopter as it shoots bullets at you, and then flying it up as high as you can and skydiving out of it? Or how about tying a jeep to a helicopter and using it as a wrecking ball? These features alone make the game great, but it could have been SO much better if Square Enix put some story into it, and maybe some online multiplayer. This is what gave it a 7. But hey, the game definitely had a lasting appeal, now when I'm playing GTA IV I think, where's that grapple hook when I need it? I loved and hated the game, but overall, the fun gameplay shone through the crap story line. For me at least.
  70. Jan 24, 2013
    Running around causing chaos is really quite fun! For a few hours. The grappling hook / parachute tools are cool to use, the combat works fairly well, and there are lots of vehicles to drive around in and lots of map to explore. Unfortunately, the story falls flat, and destroying random stuff for no compelling reasons gets old in a hurry. Or at least it did for me.
  71. Jan 22, 2013
    Possibly the greatest stress-relieving game ever made. Driving around the island in a Marten Storm is the most fun I've ever experienced in a video game, next to driving around the island in a Cougar 600. The game doesn't support multiplayer, but watching/taking turns with a friend is extremely entertaining. The campaign is bad. But that doesn't matter.
  72. Jan 4, 2013
    honestly in my opinion, the cutscenes, voice acting and the character are just awful..i hate his voice.
    everything else is just spot-on i cant tear myself away from this. the missions are nothing special but the game play is just awesome, run around shooting and destroying everything, upgrading and flying planes while on top of them...sweat.
  73. Jan 4, 2013
    I'll start off with the positives, and then go on to the negatives. Just Cause 2 has a grappling hook and parachute mechanic, which - when used correctly - allows you to scale buildings and jump out of planes. In the story missions there are a few big explosions, which look visually impressive. The graphics are very good, too, and it's playable on many systems. But although hopping between cars, planes and boats is entertaining, it's only enjoyable for a few hours before it gets old. It's worth noting that there are lots of people claiming that this game has a fully - or mostly - destructible world. It doesn't - there are a couple of things that look different when you blow them up, and that's it -- just to clear that claim up.
    Now, then, on to the bad things. Firstly, the voice acting is awful. It is without doubt the worse voice acting in any game I have played, bar none. The game is set on some sort of island in south Asia, so all of the voices - from the main protagonist to the least important character - are Americans putting on atrocious Asian accents. You might not think that bad voice acting can let the game down, but it cannot be avoided here. The missions are repetitive and necessary for progress; I actually ended up giving up on the game eventually because the missions' repetitiveness wasn't justified by the bland storyline. The story is just bad. You have no idea what's going on and just seem to be doing things for no real reason - and that's because the game tells you what's happening at the start, and by the end of the first mission you have forgotten. The other main problem with it is the open world - it is a sandbox game, but no one of any importance exists in it except yourself, which reiterates my point about the game getting boring quickly.
    Overall, a fun game for a few hours - good, looking, too - but massively let down by its exceptionally bad voice acting, uncompelling story, dull world and horrendous repetitiveness.
  74. Dec 28, 2012
    The problem and why I think this game has such mixed reviews is that people are focusing on one aspect of the game in their review and getting bogged down in it. The fun to Just Cause 2 is how open it is and what all it provides for you to do. Yes, if you focus solely on collecting the stupid collectables, you will get bored (it does get pretty boring) but you don't have to do that, nor do you have to focus solely on the missions. The main point to Just Cause 2 is to "cause chaos," a seemingly cliche way to tell the player to do whatever the heck they want to blow stuff up and have fun to progress to further missions. I've played over 150 hours and still found new, fun things to mess around with, the most recent being grappling a truck to a helicopter and swinging it around to the speed that it starts swinging my helicopter around. Basically, it comes down to this: If you're into games that push you (the player) to make decisions about how you want to play the game and to make the game fun and unique to you (whether you fast travel everywhere, drive and take in the gorgeous sights, or hijack helicopters and fly everywhere), you will enjoy this game. If you enjoy open world exploration and the freedom to try crazy ridiculous stuff, you'll enjoy this game.
    However, if you're looking for a strict, linear, engaging story telling experience, you probably won't enjoy this game. If you're looking for a realistic portrayal of physics and gunplay, you probably won't enjoy this game.
    Personally, I find the game's story to be absurd and insane -- which I feel is the point. I think they wanted to focus more on the content and free-roaming nature and I feel they did a very good job of that and it got me on board with the crazy storyline. The voice acting adds to this ridiculousness, it's almost that they don't want you to take the story seriously, and so that's how I approached it. My personal opinion is the negative reviews this game is receiving are because players are expecting the game to tell them or show them explicitly new and fun things to do, where Just Cause 2 pushes for creativity. Yeah, you could simply walk up to that radio tower and shoot it and be done, but what if you hijacked the helicopter over there, grappled a car to it and used the car as a wrecking ball to smash the tower? Then when your plan falls apart and you accidentally crash the helicopter into the tower instead, you can hop in the car and drive off. You, as the player, have to have some vision in order to see all the potential and fun there is in the game. There's things to collect and upgrade, there's things to destroy, there's semblance of progress, and there is an immense amount of fun all in Just Cause 2, you just have to be open to playing around and trying ridiculous things.
  75. Dec 19, 2012
    TL;DR Amazing in exploration and free roaming, not much in anything else.

For starters, the list of good things is the only thing that redeems this game really. The grapple/parachute and ability to go anywhere at any time really set the game apart in the beginning. Hell, if you're like me, you might not even want to finish the story, because flying around, blowing **** up, having speed
    races, suiciding things with explosives, etc. is just so much more fun. The graphics aren't mind-blowing but the scope of the map and the visuals are not bad by any means.

Outside of those 2 things, the game is almost reminiscent of one of those $5 games on the shelf at some random department store. The voice acting is atrocious and the story and quests are horrible. To 100% the game is literal insanity and you might not even get that far because some bug will stick you at 99.5% (now fixed I think but it does not stop the pain of those before it). Outside of doing what you want, the game is literally "go here, kill someone/steal something, come back". The most enjoyable moments of the story, by far, is the opening missions when you figure out that the grapple can throw cars off a bridge during a police chase.

Really, this game would not even be the sandbox we know if it didn't have the grapple/chute and the developers locked the different zones/islands in the beginning. If you're playing it for anything else, you're gonna have a bad time.
  76. Dec 16, 2012
    I would like to write more but since everything has been already said I will just sum up; the game is extremely addictive, beautiful, entertaining and rewarding. For me it is the best open world game, far far ahead of overrated GTA 4 which is total opposite - frustrating, repetitive and boring. I just loved JC2 2 years ago and I still do and play it from time to time.
  77. Dec 13, 2012
    Open world GTA clone where you play as a hispanic terrorist spiderman flying around some unnamed indonesian islands. Absolutely gigantic world with a ridiculous "action movie" plot filled with ninjas, Michael Bay explosions, air-dropped rocket launchers, and just about every vehicle you can imagine. I spent over 100 hours on this game to 100% it and it's one of the few games I have felt compelled to max out. Even without the multiplayer mod this is worth picking up considering how cheap it is now. Expand
  78. Nov 30, 2012
    The open-end aspect of this game is disappointing and meaningless. I spent hours trying to locate and destroy last piece of government property just so I can capture the settlement. I also hate the idea of running around collecting weapon and vehicle parts that are scattered the whole map. It is repetitive and boring. Weapon and vehicle parts upgrade could have been more meaningful if I get larger sum by attacking real-difficult-to-reach mountain and military bases. I have the grappling hook don't I? But no, more than half of the mission enemy or boss rarely put up with a challenge. Instead, I spend majority amount of hours trying to be like a dragon-ball collector looking at radar to pick up weapon/vehicle parts. If you are reading this by now, it is 2012. Skip this game and go for something else. Expand
  79. Nov 17, 2012
    I am giving this a 10, solely based on the amount of freakin' fancy I've got.

Sure, gameplay is repetitive and the voice acting starts sucking very quickly. I have only one purpose for this game: Every night, before I get to sleep, I do a few spectacular aerial tours of the entire landscape, using the following mod...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmtHD60pL6Y
    This has greatly helped me
    with my lucid dreaming and anyone who has even the slightest interest in lucid dreaming should make this a mandatory exercise on a regular basis...Enjoy!!! Expand
  80. Nov 13, 2012
    This is an amazing game that while still having it "GOD DANG IT!" moments the game always gets me right back to playing. Not only is the world amazingly huge but with your grapple your grapple hook, you have at least 4 hours in a row just messing around. (I hope people get that sarcasm). When you do get bored of that can go out and attack police and start a police chase, out of the 65 hours of game play i have had so far i can say half of it just running from the cops then getting out of my flaming car, and then getting in another car. A side from the stupid fun i have mentioned so far, the game has amazing graphics and tons of possibilities! The only reason this didn't get a ten is because of the teeth grinding things like when the game gives you an awesome jet, and just crams a bunch of AA guns of your backside, and the fact that the game had much more potential. The game can flip you off sometimes but the rest of the time is dumb fun. Of course if your still not sure there is a demo on steam that a gives you a chunk of the world to mess around on so you can see if your self. I hope this helped! Expand
  81. Oct 26, 2012
    The other day, I drove a speed boat onto land, ran it up a ramp-like cliff, parachuted out before it exploded, grappled onto the mid-air flaming remainder of a boat, and proceeded to get crushed underneath thanks to my arch-nemesis, gravity. Why'd I do this, you ask? Just cause. If you're one of those gamers who plays a game with the intention to beat it as fast as possible, yeah--you'll have a rather repetitive experience. But if you choose to be creative, if you choose to do random, crazy things "just 'cause," everything is prepared for you to go balls-out (in a damn-beautiful open world, too). Don't get me wrong though, there are missions, side-quests, and a decent story to keep you on track as well. Don't pass up its next sale on Steam. Expand
  82. Sep 25, 2012
    There is A LOT that can be improved on in this game. Otherwise, it's fun to mess around with, if you want more details. Everything other people said about in the "mixed" sectionis mostly true
  83. Sep 5, 2012
    Magnifique jeu pour les paysages. Les moyens de déplacement à la disposition sont une superbe idée :
    avion, hélicoptère, moto, voitures, quad, bateaux.....Mais le maniement avec clavier est vraiment navrant !!!
    Pas moyen de se diriger comme on le veut...
    La liberté d'aller où l'on veut est hypersympa aussi mais le gros gros
    problème ce sont les sauvegardes :
    dès que le personnage meurt, c'est la sauvegarde automatique qui se lance même si vous avez passé une après-midi à jouer.... et sauvegardé manuellement toutes les 10 minutes : tout le niveau est à recommencer car la sauvegarde automatique ne se lance que quand on a terminé une mission : ce qui est parfois très difficile ou très long.
    A la fin on en a vite marre de se retrouver 30 km en arrière...
    Donc le jeu vaut la peine pour voir ce que pourrait être un jeu de rêve mais qui ne l'est pas....
    Je l'ai acheté moins de 10 euros, je regrette de ne pas m'être contentée de la démo gratuite!!!
    A voir absolument mais il faut être tenace et mordu pour pouvoir finir le jeu!!
    Quel dommage...en espérant que la version 3 corrigera ces problèmes...?

Score : 9 pour le graphisme, les idées; 3 pour le reste
  84. Aug 26, 2012
    RICHTIG GEILES ACTION GAME !!! , eins der besten die ich gespielt habe :DDD
  85. Aug 26, 2012
    I probabaly give this game a little more than it deserves- People are right, the game is repetetive. However, the mechanic is so new and innovative that somehow it worked for me. The map is huge, too huge for me to explore it all, and while its not really "boring" it was still not intresting enough to make you want to see it all. The main storyline is not linear at all, Its just not very interesting, but I think the story's only goal was to give you moral obligation to cause as much chaos as possible in the entire state so I think the story did fine overall, even had few nice So why 9? Because of those staff that simply keep being fun no matter how repetative they are: Hijacking helicopters, Hijacking airplanes, Pulling vehicles stunts, flying around while doging bullets, and of course attaching things to each other. Yes, it probabaly wasn't the most effective to attach the two cars chasing you to each other near the bridge. And yes, shotting that guy instead of attaching him to a gas tank and shooting the gas tank could probably save me some time and health. The rope and parchute machanic is distinctive enough to make this game worth buying. The closest game mechanic to this game was that of infamous (where you can also hijack helicopters). but somehow this game is still very much different (And not only because its more challanging) Expand
  86. Aug 25, 2012
    Yes, the gameplay is really fun. With a good story and likeable characters this game would be fantastic. But the story and characters are really bad. The missions feel repetitive, and for me the game got boring faster than it should've.
  87. Aug 25, 2012
    This game is utterly amazing. I had a couple of doubts before buying it because people weren't enjoying it that much, but after playing it for the first time, I couldn't stop playing. The gameplay is very accessible and you can gain some skills, which make the in game time longer. And long after completing the main storyline I still play this game just because it's so much fun to hook something up a helicopter and fly it into a car or something. This game will never get boring for me, I love it! Expand
  88. Aug 23, 2012
    I need to sleep. I really really need to get some sleep. But Just Cause 2 won't let me. I keep saying "I'll just 100% this tiny little base" then the next thing I know I've hijacked a helicopter and I'm blowing up another base. Or I start out in some base (after getting blown up or crashing or being shot) far away from where I want to be so I order a plane. Next thing I know I'm swooping low over the ground trying to get low flyer achievements or ogling the sky and water or trying to swing under a bridge for the bridge limbo achievement. The gameplay is just so much fun and there are so many moments in the game that make you love it. You can go from feeling god-like and overpowered to dead in a matter of seconds because that tank you commandeered just got filled with bullets from the Panuan helicopter that you knew they had scrambled but just plain forgot about. This game is NOT meant to be taken seriously. You can hop out of a jet flying at several hundred miles an hour and just stand straight and tall looking like a bad ass. You can haul a minigun with unlimited ammo around and lay waste to everything in your path. You can grapple swing parachute for miles. You can base jump out of a helicopter, land safely and then get crushed by the helicopter as it falls out of the sky In Just Cause 2, you can do all of that and more. The story is hilariously over-the-top. If it wasn't clear at first, there's a mission where they throw ninjas at you and a nuclear sub pops out of an ice lake... on a tropical island. I don't think they were going for believable, they were going for fun with James Bond class mega-villains and stereotype allies.

Yes, there is nothing realistic about the game, and isn't that really the wonderful part of it? This is a game where you need to be open to embracing the silliness because it's all an excuse to play and have fun.
  89. Aug 23, 2012
    Do not let them seduce you with good looking trailers. They are made from cut scenes which generally looks good. But when cut scenes stop everything good stop. Practicaly unplayable console port with bad story, bad shooting and medicore gfx! Avoid it!
  90. Aug 17, 2012
    It felt unpolished product, story/script was cheesy as hell, including awful voice acting and hideous Lip syncing. Gameplay was too easy and over the top, mostly because of stupid AI. All weapons felt flat, no recoil, nothing. Physics overall was terrible, especially car handling. Even music was forgettable.
    The only thing I liked was the graphics and environment. Really nice colorful
    world. Too bad the gameplay couldn't match it. Expand
  91. Aug 6, 2012
    3/5 (Ok) Open world, great gameplay let's you do pretty much anything you want. It's fun. Really. But then you start to play for real and the gameplay now feels like an obstacle to your success. And then the story is boring, and then the missions are boring, and then you stop playing and you forget about it.

Hell, writing this review makes me want to give it another try. (last played Jan. 2011)
  92. Jul 30, 2012
    Exhilarating and trololol would be 2 words that sum up this game pretty nicely. As said by many others, the missions in this game do get a bit repetitive later on, but they're not really that bad when you get to play it. Only the Stronghold takeovers are truely repetitive. But the missions are not the real beauty of the game. You have the most fun on Just Cause 2 when you're just trolling around the highway/countryside highjacking cars and killing people like in GTA, but now you have a grapple hook and a parachute that are great for just doing random things with. All in all, a great buy for its price. Expand
  93. Jul 11, 2012
    This game is great if only it had multiplayer. Good thing jc-mp.com is working on that. I got this game last weekend right when they were testing the beta. I'm going to give this a 10 because I think it's going to live up to it. This game has great potential. You can read all about the game from the other reviewers I'm just going to say buy this game you can find it dirt cheap. I think I payed $7 bucks for it. Expand
  94. Jul 11, 2012
    There are 4 words that can be used to describe this game: "Bloomin' huge" and "very fun". It looks beautiful, and runs extremely well, quite the experience using max settings on my PC. Yes, the story is crap (like a cheap action movie). and there are quite a few bugs I found, but these add to the overall feel of the game: fun. And isn't that the main reason we play games? for fun? and this game has hours of it at your disposal to do whatever the hell you want. Please make Just Cause 3 for the Wii U, I will love Square Enix for ever if this happens. Expand
  95. May 30, 2012
    It's one of my favorite games of all time. Why? Because the gameplay is sheer fun, grappling and parachuting, tethering people to cars then driving around. The environment is immensely interective, I hate when I feel like I'm in a plastic scenery just there for decoration. Not so now. You can blow up any of the literally hundred villages. I spent over 100 hours on this game, if you're a completionist you'll love it. I like sandbox games but what's good about this one is that you have constant goals - every area has a percentage of completion based on items you must find and things you can blow up. Basically, I never felt bored in all my exploration, unlike other sandbox games lacking such goals. These strong elements for me greatly outweigh the weak story, because the game is so much fun and I just spent 95% of the time playing anyway, and not listening to story. So that's it, one of the best games I've played in my life, if you don't like it in the first hours I'd say that's normal because the story is bad, but get actually playing and driving around and you'll absolutely adore it. Expand
  96. May 24, 2012
    well .. i liked game's gorgeousness ... but still its not worth .. game is having weak driving controls ... weak shooting mechanics and Worst Voice Acting ever i seen in my life .. but still the good thing is the open sandbox gameplay .. with Grapple Hook getting me feel like a true stunt guy ... still give it 7/10 .. not any best game .. but just fine
  97. May 16, 2012
    This game gets boring after a few minutes. If this game defines anything, it's repetition. Most cutscenes are repeated, the dialogues are generic and voiced badly, the story can't be named a story. The grapling hook is an interesting feature, but it stays the only interesting thing about this game. The driving physics are bad, the vehicles are slow, the map is enormous but with so few details, that you just take a jet, and fly up to 5 minutes in a straight line with afterburner on, just to get to a point 6 km away. Technically the game looks fine, but not great at all. Repetition is the main motive, trees, rocks, streets, landscapes get repeated so often, that the large map is of no use. Anyone can blow up a map using ctrl+v. Blood looks strange, explosions lack a real bang but the lighting of sunsets is quite nice. But gta4 looked better.
    Driving by car is annoying, all 30 sec the police starts shooting. They are not very difficult to fight back, but still it gets repetitive a lot. Just like Just Cause 1, the game is a nice feature, but fails to fulfill the rest of qualities a good game needs. The upgrade system does not make a big difference, there are very few different guns and all the good stuff is available from the beginning so you have seen all the game has to offer in the first hour of gameplay. After that, nothing new happens. Really, nothing. Some parts are ridiculously difficult, but just because 3 helicopters and a lot of soldiers fire directly at you after reloading. The controls are ok, the helicopter controls are really good, the only thing I'd like to see in another game. Countless counters track you during the game, but nothing interesting happens when accumulate 500 or 600 headshots, more than 100 stunt points and so on. And it is so easy to progress these stats, that you start to ignore them. In hindsight I wonder why i played this thing for over 15 hrs. I think I wanted to know if the end is as lame as the rest of the game, maybe I had some hope that the game surprises me with a good ending. But no. Not at all. So buy this game only if you have alzheimers and don't realize when things get repeated every 2 minutes or if you really want to waste time.
  98. May 10, 2012
    The game is graphically pleasing - you can just stand and admire the beautiful island landscape. Good job. The gameplay however, did not keep me involved - i played only for about 6 hours until i got bored. What's the motive? Why should i continue playing? Everything is the same - you come to a village, start shooting, soldiers come in never-ending waves, you shoot them, etc. Perhaps for kids this is a fun way to spend time - for me unfortunately the gameplay is extremely monotone and boring. Expand
  99. Apr 17, 2012
    This game may be repetitive and the voice acting sucks and the storyline isn't that good either. But does the storyline really matter? No. I love exploring in this game and the the graphics are insanely beautiful even for two years later. The grapple hook is fun to travel around with and there are mods for this game, such as free vehicles you can buy, when they actually cost a lot of money which makes me play the game 1000 times more. The game is simple, go blow up stuff, and kill if you want or need to. The game may be repetitive but it's still fun. This game is very well optimized and if you have a bad card then you'll have to lower quite a few things.. Expand
  100. Apr 15, 2012
    Just Cause 2 - lets you play as an American secret agent running around a tropical island sandboxes creating chaos to destabilise the government; allie yourself with three different local factions vying for power. The factions give you adventure missions to prove your loyalty, get cash and power ups. Also - jump out of planes, off of trees or mountains, and base jump with a really cool parachute - if you can say something in Japanese then say it now !

OverallScore 9.7 Played the SteamPC version in 2012.03 (2 years after release)
    [DRM] Steam only (and always easy)

[Challenges] Main mission run and gun adventures provided by the factions are straightforward and short (just right for that ADD in me). Weapons are standard and great, the grappling hook is awesome and essential to the game and easily mastered - this is so cool - allowing you to parachute fly across the land. RPG-like progression requires accumulation of parts, armor, money, and chaos points by completing missions (which are easy and abundant). To help your abilities progress complete enough SIDE missions. If you like to run and gun the highest adrenaline side missions are to take over military installations (always lots of fun like that first latte in the morning); if you like to explore and run away then discover the towns around the countryside for loot (simple and repetitive after a while - like eating marshmallows). I played on expert level and rapidly RPG-maxed out my favorite weapons and cars making the game much easier. There seems to be a mission for every mood. There is a bunch of optional but lucrative mini games like racing with cars, planes, boats, and base jumping - they all take skill - and if playing on a PC then you need a Joystick for full enjoyment of flying minigames. The AI is good and will kill you (do not eat cheese doodles while playing) [Value] This game is quite fun and quite long. I do not think you can replay this game - if you try to complete every side mission I think you have a 300 hour game on your hands.... The real fun ends around 100 hours - sounds like too much eh? [Children] This is not for kids - this game keeps track of the number of headshots; at least there is no smoking (smiley face wink) [My PC] i7-2600K 3.4GHz / ASUS Z68 ProGen3 / 8Gig RAM / Radeon 6870 / 1920x1200 / W7 PRO SP1 [Graphics 9.0] Why is there so much texture popping?
    [Controls 10] I always play with a Logitech keyboard and a Kensington trackball. Remapping the keys was easy and appears in the onscreen instructions.
    [Sound 10] I always play with headphones. I liked the way the music energy moved with the action - like Deus Ex - and at times was soothing; there was a good music variety; I turned up the volume ! [MyFavorites] [PC Win7] Crysis&Warhead JustCause2 Rage [PC XP] DeuxExHumanRevolution&TheMissingLink DeadSpace1&2 Fallout3&NewVegas HalfLife1&2 Bordelands BatmanArkumAsylum AssassinsCreed1 Magicka RedFaction Portal1&2 FromDust MrRobot Sam&MaxSeasons1&2 CulpaInnata TheSecretOfMonkeyIsland DreamfallTheLongestJourney Syberia1&2 CrayonPhysicsDeluxe DefenseGridTheAwakening PlantsVsZombies Prototype Bioshock1&2 UnrealTournament3 Quake4 [360] AfroSamurai BrutalLegends [XBOX] HALO KOTOR1&2 Crackdown ArmedAndDangerous AggressiveInline BeyondGoodAndEvil DeadOrAlive1&2&3&ExtremeBeachVolleyball Psychonauts [AppleG4] DeusExMachina ReturnToZork Suspended UnrealTournament TombRaiderSeries Suspended [Born] 1964
  101. Sep 5, 2012
    Pas moyen de se diriger comme on le veut...
    La liberté d'aller où l'on veut est hypersympa aussi mais le gros gros
    problème ce sont les sauvegardes :
    A la fin on en a vite marre de se retrouver 30 km en arrière...
    A voir absolument mais il faut être tenace et mordu pour pouvoir finir le jeu!!
    Quel dommage...en espérant que la version 3 corrigera ces problèmes...?

Score : 9 pour le graphisme, les idées; 3 pour le reste

1. One of the most enjoyable sandboxes for players to experiment in this side of Grand Theft Auto. [Issue#204, p.86]
  2. Just Cause 2 can hardly be called an average game. It's a good one undermined by a selection of mediocre elements, and it's all the more frustrating this time around because Avalanche shows us glimpses of just how much fun two weeks on holiday with Rico should be. [Apr 2010, p.96]
  3. Just Cause 2 is a sequel that outdoes the original with gripping gameplay, exquisite visuals and a variety of missions that will keep you playing longer than you might expect. If you're an action fan, you need this.