Just Cause 2 PC

7.7

1. May 10, 2017
    The only problem with this game is usually about driving. Its driving is not that good though. But the missions and style of gameplay are good. Especially with its story. I just think the driving should really improve. Since some of the missions are a little bit hard due to the driving. Which is not that good.
  2. Feb 23, 2016
    Game is good; action too... but there's always a bug that makes the game crashed and you're obligated to start anew every fifteen minutes. That makes me leave the game and disgusted from it. I would expect that there's a patch that could help, but those who makes the game never did it. So, I don't think I can frankly recommend it or buy the number 3, unfortunately
  3. Nov 2, 2015
    Скучно, нудно, неудобно, однообразно. Надоедает люто. Будто специально делали игру так, чтобы у меня бомбило. Чёртовы фейспалмы. В это, конечно, можно играть, но только на безрыбье.
  4. Sep 27, 2015
    A great game with an enjoyable story and fantastic visuals (especially when blowing s**t up), but gets boring too fast. I know the game has bad voice acting on purpose to make fun of cheesy action films, but sometimes it's just way too much. But to be honest, the only real thing that holds this game back is that it just gets old too quick.
  5. Mar 10, 2015
    I kind of hated and found the game frustrating at first, especially the annoying 2nd mission with the car surfing, but once you get past that it starts to get a little better and becomes quite fun and addicitive, can't stop playing even though it gets repetitive and sometimes feels tedious with terrible voice acting, terrible story, no depth.

Game would crash often until I turned off

Game would crash often until I turned off decals and blur. But still game crashes at least once or twice a play session.

Sure you can purchase vehicles, but it seems like a waste of money, I bought a plane having never flown one yet and not even being sure of the controls, ended up crashing it into the ocean, so goodbye to 60k and if you die you lose them as well, if they blow up they are gone for good. I hate how you can't store purchased vehicles anywhere. I've played other games where you can save your vehicles in a garage even if they blow up. I just don't bother buying vehicles.

The environment is beautiful and detailed, I love exploring it and diving underwater just because the water looks so nice.

I like creating chaos and trying to complete all achievements.

Though being very repetitive makes it just an ok game, slightly above average.
    Worth getting on special like I did for $5.
  6. Feb 25, 2014
    The gameplay IS original but most of the time it's just... completely awkward. I will explain why. There is a LOT of getting-used-to required. It looks similar to GTA games but as someone who has played GTA games to the point of pointlessness maybe I am being too critical but to me PC control system is a far cry from GTA - it's as if they spent 30 minutes porting controls from consoles,The gameplay IS original but most of the time it's just... completely awkward. I will explain why. There is a LOT of getting-used-to required. It looks similar to GTA games but as someone who has played GTA games to the point of pointlessness maybe I am being too critical but to me PC control system is a far cry from GTA - it's as if they spent 30 minutes porting controls from consoles, it's really a half arsed effort. The 3rd person camera is obnoxious but you can get used to it (still though, not perfect as in GTA IV). Default keyboard controls are moronically laid out so you will want to change that from the start rather than waste hours struggling with the set hoping that somehow it's just you and the settings are ideal. Not everything can be changed though, for example the weapon zoom lock can't be changed - in such action packed game zoom locking can get very annoying. Sprint mode is even more awkward, you'll just avoid using it most of the time and just move around with your grappling hook. Now about the grapling hook, it's original, yes, but it's just simply ridiculous and with such awkward controls you'll end up in funny but (over time) annoying situations. Most of the time you have no idea what's going on, where you are and what you're doing, if it turns red you just hook to another radar or radio tower which are abundant thorugh the game. With that said it's not a conventional game, you have to use the hook it's not a choice. Laws of physics don't apply in this game, you'll be doing stuff which defies all logic. This would all be fine if it wasn't for the awkwardly ported controls, they just don't make sense in a shooter, again, I'm a big fan of GTA games and never had problems with 3rd person shooter concept but in Just Cause 2 controls are so ridiculous they're distracting from the game. For example if you accidentally press number 1 twice you would unload the gun... this happened a lot in mid-action and it's frustrating, now unloading my gun would make sense if this was Skyrim but it's not, why would I ever want to unload the freaking gun? This is just one "thing" but there are plenty. Graphics are just... OK. I have a serious gaming rig because I appreciate great graphics which was what I expected from this game. In realty graphics feel like special effects in a low budget action movie from 80s. The world is massive but not very detailed, textures are generic and sometimes low res almost like solid colors, character models are crude and lifeless, cut scenes are extremely boring and to make things worse often unskippable. Water/fire effects are great but they stand out from the crude low-res low-poly world that surrounds them, the world is NOT immersive like in Crysis, Far Cry, HL2 or GTA IV, it all feels like a cartboard stage. Blood stains, bullet holes, explosions etc. are very short and after few seconds the place looks like new. Damage on vehicles is a terrible and cheap photoshop job. Various little issues are plenty but not serious, e.g. you often can't pick up dropped guns or guns disappear somewhere inside a 3D polygon. It's worth noting that on my rig (which is a modern and high end Win7 one) game crashed quite often, at least every few hours. I have a very fast SSD disc and saving settings such as a hotkey would take 15 seconds, I simply can't fathom why. Minimizing the game to check some tips on the web would often crash it. Again it's got all those "ported from XBOX in 15 mins" issues. If you've read this far I guess there's no need to continue and trust me there are more issues so don't waste your time unless you really like to try out new things in which case go for it but don't get your hopes too high. Expand
  7. Jan 31, 2014
    Just Cause 2 is the Expendables of the video-game world; it might not have outstanding features, but you get your money's worth through the entertainment it provides.
    PROS:
    +It is insane action movie that you control. +The game can be modded. +The multiplayer's good, but only if you have friends with you. +Huge open world! HUGE! CONS: -The story is somewhat original, but nothing to
    PROS:
    +It is insane action movie that you control.
    +The game can be modded.
    +The multiplayer's good, but only if you have friends with you.
    +Huge open world! HUGE!
    CONS:
    -The story is somewhat original, but nothing to call your friends about, a-matter-of-fact it is kind of bland.
    -The game constantly thrusts you in to it's generic storyline.
    -The combat is floaty and odd with elements that making aiming ridiculously difficult at some points.
    -Who ever optimized this game didn't do a great job.
    It is just a popcorn game - a game you get out of boredom to pass the time.
  8. Jan 21, 2014
    Besides nice graphics and huge open world (which is very detailed), it doesn't have much else to offer. The game itself doesn't have good storyline, its voice-cast is unprofessional, heat-system is laughable and mid-through the game you'll be left with no serious goal to achieve.
    Sure, blowing up fuel tanks, SAM sites and generators while watching big explosions may seem like fun, but it gets quite repetitious - not to mention how frustrating it gets when you're searching for the last property to destruct in order to advance.
    It might seem as I'm bashing the game, but I'm not. I had loads of fun when I started playing it, but I just don't see myself hooked to the game. Overall it's a decent game, it just needs some improvements.
  9. Dec 27, 2013
    As an indian man just cause 2 very dissapointed me... My friend from Alaska told me it was an indian simulator but it really doesn't looks like it... I think my blub fish would hate it too... The voice actors sound like my shaved dog! 7 out of ten! because 7 in india means
  10. Oct 22, 2013
    Great is great, repetitive is repetitive nice graphics, AI sufficient and a huge map that forces you to make some real trips to carry out missions almost too big!

Not bad
  11. Sep 12, 2013
    overrated game of the year yep it is not good at all it has one of the most terrible voice acting ever boring protagonist and very weak shooting mechanics
  12. Jul 17, 2013
    Just Cause 2 is a game that works for some people, but will strike the wrong chords with others. Starting with the good, the game is graphically exceptional, boasting beautiful environments along with a wide selection of vehicles you can use for your shenanigans. Also, If you haven't heard, Just Cause 2's environment, the island nation of Panau, is massive, both in terms of boundary toJust Cause 2 is a game that works for some people, but will strike the wrong chords with others. Starting with the good, the game is graphically exceptional, boasting beautiful environments along with a wide selection of vehicles you can use for your shenanigans. Also, If you haven't heard, Just Cause 2's environment, the island nation of Panau, is massive, both in terms of boundary to boundary size, as well as verticality. The game features a mixture of locales, such as military bases, barren deserts, snow capped mountains, a jaw dropping cliff (Which is particularly fun to drive all sorts of vehicles off of), as well as massive set pieces, such as a massive nuclear submarine. The capital city of Panau is so large that you could fit a game all of its own in that specific area without raising an eyebrow. Gameplay for the most part is fun as well, featuring boatloads of gunplay, and plenty of Easter eggs combed with hundreds of collectibles. Now the bad... I'll start with the story, as it seems to be the elephant in the room here. It's a disappointing mash up of faction feuds, communism, and Russian stereotypes. Characters are completely forgettable, and the voice acting will literally make you cringe. The people of Panau speak some sort of Vietnamese/Japanese mash up with an Australian accents. Rico delivers his fair share of cliche catch phrases, and every time you pick up a collectible, you are treated to the same awful sound byte give to you via one of the faction leaders. Gunplay can also seem broken at times, and in high points of heat, the rather low draw distance will give the appearance of enemies simply spawning out of thin air. Also worth noting, citizens of panau will scream at you in English...while the environment Iis huge, it's mostly barren, and all of the towns in the same area are just different layouts of the SAME BUILDINGS. You will also encounter building clones in the capital city, which can lead to disorientation and déjà vu. Not joking.. The missions are pretty much the same as every mediocre action shooter, drive here, shoot them, go here and hold a button. Certainly nothing revolutionary. I will end with the ridiculous, which is certainly Rico's main form of transport, the grappling hook and his unlimited supply of parachutes. While unrealistic, the combo provide an excellent way of traversing Panau, as well as providing a form of entertainment occasionally. In conclusion, Just Cause 2, is a game that shouldn't be taken seriously, and merits a console purchase of a used copy simply to run around a blow stuff up. And if you enjoy even more ludicrous gameplay, pick it up on PC and try out the multiplayer mod, which is quite a thing to behold. A mediocre package overall Expand
  13. Jul 14, 2013
    This game has so much potential, but one thing that ruins the game a lot is the negative mouse acceleration. I cant believe why anyone would do that. Makes NO sense to me. Another this that grinds my balls to dust is the saving system. If u make your way really far and then die, you´ll start over from the last checkpoint. So why even include a savingsystem if it dosent work as it should? IThis game has so much potential, but one thing that ruins the game a lot is the negative mouse acceleration. I cant believe why anyone would do that. Makes NO sense to me. Another this that grinds my balls to dust is the saving system. If u make your way really far and then die, you´ll start over from the last checkpoint. So why even include a savingsystem if it dosent work as it should? I googled a way to fix this but i bought this game on steam so it dosnt work. Expand
  14. May 1, 2013
    Overall it's definitely worth giving this game a shot.

The gameplay can become tedious- especially if you aren't into constantly similar ways to earn "chaos" or over-the-top action. If you fall in love with the over the top action though (reminds me of the movie shoot em up really) then you will probably love this game. There are some awesome mods available for it which is nice and
    Overall it's definitely worth giving this game a shot.

There are some awesome mods available for it which is nice and the graphics are pretty good... however at the same time the cheesy story and voice acting really detracted from the experience. Some people loved that aspect but I just couldn't stand it.

Definitely worth a play through.
  15. Apr 19, 2013
    You got a big map, weapons, a grappling hook, a parachute and you have to make chaos. The story is really uninteresting, but the gameplay amazing. A lot of fun!
  16. Mar 21, 2013
    This game gets repetitive very fast. Every mission what you are doing for 3 different factions seem to be all the same. Its good open world game but suffers from variation between missions, this type of playing is boring and outright stupid.
  17. Jan 28, 2013
    The underlying theme is Just Cause 2 is fun.
    The open world aspect is amazing, the amount of vehicles you can drive, and the grapple hook steals the show. However, beyond the stunning graphics and fun game play, unfortunately, Just Cause 2 has multiple faults. Here a couple.
    The underlying theme is Just Cause 2 is fun.
    1. Repetition, throughout the whole game, there is lots of repeating yourself. Every mission is very similar, and finding the pieces to the base is SO ANNOYING, because there is always ONE that you can't find.
    2. Story line: Horrible Voice Acting: Worse
    Ok, now it was too short, too boring, too pointless . . . Overall it was bad, very bad, in fact, bad doesn't even begin to describe it.
    That is, if you are looking for a good story. but I was looking for fun, and thought it was hilarious.
    Now, what's more fun than killing a bunch of villagers, then hijacking a military helicopter as it shoots bullets at you, and then flying it up as high as you can and skydiving out of it? Or how about tying a jeep to a helicopter and using it as a wrecking ball? These features alone make the game great, but it could have been SO much better if Square Enix put some story into it, and maybe some online multiplayer. This is what gave it a 7. But hey, the game definitely had a lasting appeal, now when I'm playing GTA IV I think, where's that grapple hook when I need it? I loved and hated the game, but overall, the fun gameplay shone through the crap story line. For me at least.
  18. Jan 24, 2013
    Running around causing chaos is really quite fun! For a few hours. The grappling hook / parachute tools are cool to use, the combat works fairly well, and there are lots of vehicles to drive around in and lots of map to explore. Unfortunately, the story falls flat, and destroying random stuff for no compelling reasons gets old in a hurry. Or at least it did for me.
  19. Jan 4, 2013
    I'll start off with the positives, and then go on to the negatives. Just Cause 2 has a grappling hook and parachute mechanic, which - when used correctly - allows you to scale buildings and jump out of planes. In the story missions there are a few big explosions, which look visually impressive. The graphics are very good, too, and it's playable on many systems. But although hopping betweenI'll start off with the positives, and then go on to the negatives. Just Cause 2 has a grappling hook and parachute mechanic, which - when used correctly - allows you to scale buildings and jump out of planes. In the story missions there are a few big explosions, which look visually impressive. The graphics are very good, too, and it's playable on many systems. But although hopping between cars, planes and boats is entertaining, it's only enjoyable for a few hours before it gets old. It's worth noting that there are lots of people claiming that this game has a fully - or mostly - destructible world. It doesn't - there are a couple of things that look different when you blow them up, and that's it -- just to clear that claim up.
    Now, then, on to the bad things. Firstly, the voice acting is awful. It is without doubt the worse voice acting in any game I have played, bar none. The game is set on some sort of island in south Asia, so all of the voices - from the main protagonist to the least important character - are Americans putting on atrocious Asian accents. You might not think that bad voice acting can let the game down, but it cannot be avoided here. The missions are repetitive and necessary for progress; I actually ended up giving up on the game eventually because the missions' repetitiveness wasn't justified by the bland storyline. The story is just bad. You have no idea what's going on and just seem to be doing things for no real reason - and that's because the game tells you what's happening at the start, and by the end of the first mission you have forgotten. The other main problem with it is the open world - it is a sandbox game, but no one of any importance exists in it except yourself, which reiterates my point about the game getting boring quickly.
    Overall, a fun game for a few hours - good, looking, too - but massively let down by its exceptionally bad voice acting, uncompelling story, dull world and horrendous repetitiveness.
  20. Dec 19, 2012
    TL;DR Amazing in exploration and free roaming, not much in anything else.

TL;DR Amazing in exploration and free roaming, not much in anything else.

For starters, the list of good things is the only thing that redeems this game really. The grapple/parachute and ability to go anywhere at any time really set the game apart in the beginning. Hell, if you're like me, you might not even want to finish the story, because flying around, blowing **** up, having speed races, suiciding things with explosives, etc. is just so much more fun. The graphics aren't mind-blowing but the scope of the map and the visuals are not bad by any means.

Outside of those 2 things, the game is almost reminiscent of one of those $5 games on the shelf at some random department store. The voice acting is atrocious and the story and quests are horrible. To 100% the game is literal insanity and you might not even get that far because some bug will stick you at 99.5% (now fixed I think but it does not stop the pain of those before it). Outside of doing what you want, the game is literally "go here, kill someone/steal something, come back". The most enjoyable moments of the story, by far, is the opening missions when you figure out that the grapple can throw cars off a bridge during a police chase.

Really, this game would not even be the sandbox we know if it didn't have the grapple/chute and the developers locked the different zones/islands in the beginning. If you're playing it for anything else, you're gonna have a bad time.
  21. Dec 13, 2012
    Open world GTA clone where you play as a hispanic terrorist spiderman flying around some unnamed indonesian islands. Absolutely gigantic world with a ridiculous "action movie" plot filled with ninjas, Michael Bay explosions, air-dropped rocket launchers, and just about every vehicle you can imagine. I spent over 100 hours on this game to 100% it and it's one of the few games I have feltOpen world GTA clone where you play as a hispanic terrorist spiderman flying around some unnamed indonesian islands. Absolutely gigantic world with a ridiculous "action movie" plot filled with ninjas, Michael Bay explosions, air-dropped rocket launchers, and just about every vehicle you can imagine. I spent over 100 hours on this game to 100% it and it's one of the few games I have felt compelled to max out. Even without the multiplayer mod this is worth picking up considering how cheap it is now. Expand
  22. Sep 25, 2012
    There is A LOT that can be improved on in this game. Otherwise, it's fun to mess around with, if you want more details. Everything other people said about in the "mixed" sectionis mostly true
  23. Sep 5, 2012
    Magnifique jeu pour les paysages. Les moyens de déplacement à la disposition sont une superbe idée :
    avion, hélicoptère, moto, voitures, quad, bateaux.....Mais le maniement avec clavier est vraiment navrant !!!
    Pas moyen de se diriger comme on le veut... La liberté d'aller où l'on veut est hypersympa aussi mais le gros gros
    Pas moyen de se diriger comme on le veut...
    La liberté d'aller où l'on veut est hypersympa aussi mais le gros gros problème ce sont les sauvegardes :
    dès que le personnage meurt, c'est la sauvegarde automatique qui se lance même si vous avez passé une après-midi à jouer.... et sauvegardé manuellement toutes les 10 minutes : tout le niveau est à recommencer car la sauvegarde automatique ne se lance que quand on a terminé une mission : ce qui est parfois très difficile ou très long.
    A la fin on en a vite marre de se retrouver 30 km en arrière...
    Donc le jeu vaut la peine pour voir ce que pourrait être un jeu de rêve mais qui ne l'est pas....
    Je l'ai acheté moins de 10 euros, je regrette de ne pas m'être contentée de la démo gratuite!!!
    A voir absolument mais il faut être tenace et mordu pour pouvoir finir le jeu!!
    Quel dommage...en espérant que la version 3 corrigera ces problèmes...?

Score : 9 pour le graphisme, les idées; 3 pour le reste
  24. Aug 25, 2012
    Yes, the gameplay is really fun. With a good story and likeable characters this game would be fantastic. But the story and characters are really bad. The missions feel repetitive, and for me the game got boring faster than it should've.
  25. Aug 6, 2012
    3/5 (Ok) Open world, great gameplay let's you do pretty much anything you want. It's fun. Really. But then you start to play for real and the gameplay now feels like an obstacle to your success. And then the story is boring, and then the missions are boring, and then you stop playing and you forget about it.

Hell, writing this review makes me want to give it another try. (last played Jan. 2011)
  26. May 24, 2012
    well .. i liked game's gorgeousness ... but still its not worth .. game is having weak driving controls ... weak shooting mechanics and Worst Voice Acting ever i seen in my life .. but still the good thing is the open sandbox gameplay .. with Grapple Hook getting me feel like a true stunt guy ... still give it 7/10 .. not any best game .. but just fine
  27. May 10, 2012
    The game is graphically pleasing - you can just stand and admire the beautiful island landscape. Good job. The gameplay however, did not keep me involved - i played only for about 6 hours until i got bored. What's the motive? Why should i continue playing? Everything is the same - you come to a village, start shooting, soldiers come in never-ending waves, you shoot them, etc. PerhapsThe game is graphically pleasing - you can just stand and admire the beautiful island landscape. Good job. The gameplay however, did not keep me involved - i played only for about 6 hours until i got bored. What's the motive? Why should i continue playing? Everything is the same - you come to a village, start shooting, soldiers come in never-ending waves, you shoot them, etc. Perhaps for kids this is a fun way to spend time - for me unfortunately the gameplay is extremely monotone and boring. Expand
  28. Mar 29, 2012
    Excellent game. It excells in freedom, destruction, and entertainment. It is not the perfect game, however. After a while the game gets slightly repetative and replayability dims. This does not mean it is a bad game, rather not worthy of the 8-9 score due to the lack of significant motives for replayability, as I do not find myself coming back to it terribly often. However, it does provideExcellent game. It excells in freedom, destruction, and entertainment. It is not the perfect game, however. After a while the game gets slightly repetative and replayability dims. This does not mean it is a bad game, rather not worthy of the 8-9 score due to the lack of significant motives for replayability, as I do not find myself coming back to it terribly often. However, it does provide fun on a scale of the huge map that expands from many different seaons. It looks beautiful. Sunsets are astounding and the dynamic weather is well executed. The gunplay, on the other hand, is not so strong. Point and click mechanics are, however, balanced by the opportunities provided by the grapple - which provides a new dimension to shootouts. Definately worth a buy on a Steam sale, although not full retail. A solid 7. Expand
  29. Mar 3, 2012
    If Ubisoft ever make an assassin's creed game with a grappling hook, civilisation as we know it will be over. People will lock themselves in their houses and refuse to leave because the combination of close-quarters contextual combat with the ability to pin enemies to the environment and turn them into viscera-filled pinatas will be like cartharsis on a stick to anyone who loves to playIf Ubisoft ever make an assassin's creed game with a grappling hook, civilisation as we know it will be over. People will lock themselves in their houses and refuse to leave because the combination of close-quarters contextual combat with the ability to pin enemies to the environment and turn them into viscera-filled pinatas will be like cartharsis on a stick to anyone who loves to play sandbox games.

Funny way to start off a review about Just Cause 2, but I feel that this is the major misstep that the game makes. As a sandbox game it follows in the footsteps of GTA, the trigger-happy titan among sandboxes. Just cause 2 does everything I've seen done in the GTA franchise and it does it smoothly and cleanly. But as a sandbox game trying to do something different it should've cast a wider net in looking for inspiration. Because while it is a sandbox, it is NOT a GTA game. The grappling hook changes all the rules, but I don't think the folks at Avalanche really cottoned onto that because the hook feels underused, and under-developed. Some more combo/contextual moves coupled with the ability to upgrade it and streamlining of certain manoeuvres (like dragging enemies behind your car, or holding a grappled enemy so you can fling them OFF of things etc.) would elevate this game beyond simply being a 'more interesting GTA clone' to something truly exceptional.

That is not to say that Just Cause 2 is not fun. It is, and more fun than the last GTA game I played in fact (San Andreas for those of you keeping score). The vehicles while nowhere close to real-world accurate in terms of handling are massive fun to drive, skipper, and fly. The slingshot mechanic which turns your parachute into a paraglider is a stroke of brilliance, and the gunplay, while not stellar still manages to perform better than other sandbox titles. I just find myself wishing that the developers hadn't stopped on the threshold of greatness.
  30. Mar 1, 2012
    The game itself is fine and really good looking but there is a lot of unused potential and the main story is extremely short + side missions after few hours are simply boring and doesn't surprise with anything new. There is so many locations that could be used for amazing missions but from unclear reasons there is no activities there besides those activities which you can find anywhereThe game itself is fine and really good looking but there is a lot of unused potential and the main story is extremely short + side missions after few hours are simply boring and doesn't surprise with anything new. There is so many locations that could be used for amazing missions but from unclear reasons there is no activities there besides those activities which you can find anywhere else.. like blowing stuff. Driving model is simply pain in the ass but we can have a lot of joy from flying. Expand

1. One of the most enjoyable sandboxes for players to experiment in this side of Grand Theft Auto. [Issue#204, p.86]
  2. Just Cause 2 can hardly be called an average game. It's a good one undermined by a selection of mediocre elements, and it's all the more frustrating this time around because Avalanche shows us glimpses of just how much fun two weeks on holiday with Rico should be. [Apr 2010, p.96]
  3. Just Cause 2 is a sequel that outdoes the original with gripping gameplay, exquisite visuals and a variety of missions that will keep you playing longer than you might expect. If you're an action fan, you need this.