7.7

1. Dec 28, 2012
    The problem and why I think this game has such mixed reviews is that people are focusing on one aspect of the game in their review and getting bogged down in it. The fun to Just Cause 2 is how open it is and what all it provides for you to do. Yes, if you focus solely on collecting the stupid collectables, you will get bored (it does get pretty boring) but you don't have to do that, nor doThe problem and why I think this game has such mixed reviews is that people are focusing on one aspect of the game in their review and getting bogged down in it. The fun to Just Cause 2 is how open it is and what all it provides for you to do. Yes, if you focus solely on collecting the stupid collectables, you will get bored (it does get pretty boring) but you don't have to do that, nor do you have to focus solely on the missions. The main point to Just Cause 2 is to "cause chaos," a seemingly cliche way to tell the player to do whatever the heck they want to blow stuff up and have fun to progress to further missions. I've played over 150 hours and still found new, fun things to mess around with, the most recent being grappling a truck to a helicopter and swinging it around to the speed that it starts swinging my helicopter around. Basically, it comes down to this: If you're into games that push you (the player) to make decisions about how you want to play the game and to make the game fun and unique to you (whether you fast travel everywhere, drive and take in the gorgeous sights, or hijack helicopters and fly everywhere), you will enjoy this game. If you enjoy open world exploration and the freedom to try crazy ridiculous stuff, you'll enjoy this game.
    However, if you're looking for a strict, linear, engaging story telling experience, you probably won't enjoy this game. If you're looking for a realistic portrayal of physics and gunplay, you probably won't enjoy this game.
    Personally, I find the game's story to be absurd and insane -- which I feel is the point. I think they wanted to focus more on the content and free-roaming nature and I feel they did a very good job of that and it got me on board with the crazy storyline. The voice acting adds to this ridiculousness, it's almost that they don't want you to take the story seriously, and so that's how I approached it. My personal opinion is the negative reviews this game is receiving are because players are expecting the game to tell them or show them explicitly new and fun things to do, where Just Cause 2 pushes for creativity. Yeah, you could simply walk up to that radio tower and shoot it and be done, but what if you hijacked the helicopter over there, grappled a car to it and used the car as a wrecking ball to smash the tower? Then when your plan falls apart and you accidentally crash the helicopter into the tower instead, you can hop in the car and drive off. You, as the player, have to have some vision in order to see all the potential and fun there is in the game. There's things to collect and upgrade, there's things to destroy, there's semblance of progress, and there is an immense amount of fun all in Just Cause 2, you just have to be open to playing around and trying ridiculous things.
  2. Aug 23, 2012
    I need to sleep. I really really need to get some sleep. But Just Cause 2 won't let me. I keep saying "I'll just 100% this tiny little base" then the next thing I know I've hijacked a helicopter and I'm blowing up another base. Or I start out in some base (after getting blown up or crashing or being shot) far away from where I want to be so I order a plane. Next thing I know I'm swoopingI need to sleep. I really really need to get some sleep. But Just Cause 2 won't let me. I keep saying "I'll just 100% this tiny little base" then the next thing I know I've hijacked a helicopter and I'm blowing up another base. Or I start out in some base (after getting blown up or crashing or being shot) far away from where I want to be so I order a plane. Next thing I know I'm swooping low over the ground trying to get low flyer achievements or ogling the sky and water or trying to swing under a bridge for the bridge limbo achievement. The gameplay is just so much fun and there are so many moments in the game that make you love it. You can go from feeling god-like and overpowered to dead in a matter of seconds because that tank you commandeered just got filled with bullets from the Panuan helicopter that you knew they had scrambled but just plain forgot about. This game is NOT meant to be taken seriously. You can hop out of a jet flying at several hundred miles an hour and just stand straight and tall looking like a bad ass. You can haul a minigun with unlimited ammo around and lay waste to everything in your path. You can grapple swing parachute for miles. You can base jump out of a helicopter, land safely and then get crushed by the helicopter as it falls out of the sky In Just Cause 2, you can do all of that and more. The story is hilariously over-the-top. If it wasn't clear at first, there's a mission where they throw ninjas at you and a nuclear sub pops out of an ice lake... on a tropical island. I don't think they were going for believable, they were going for fun with James Bond class mega-villains and stereotype allies.

Yes, there is nothing realistic about the game, and isn't that really the wonderful part of it? This is a game where you need to be open to embracing the silliness because it's all an excuse to play and have fun.
  3. Aug 26, 2012
    I probabaly give this game a little more than it deserves- People are right, the game is repetetive. However, the mechanic is so new and innovative that somehow it worked for me. The map is huge, too huge for me to explore it all, and while its not really "boring" it was still not intresting enough to make you want to see it all. The main storyline is not linear at all, Its just not veryI probabaly give this game a little more than it deserves- People are right, the game is repetetive. However, the mechanic is so new and innovative that somehow it worked for me. The map is huge, too huge for me to explore it all, and while its not really "boring" it was still not intresting enough to make you want to see it all. The main storyline is not linear at all, Its just not very interesting, but I think the story's only goal was to give you moral obligation to cause as much chaos as possible in the entire state so I think the story did fine overall, even had few nice So why 9? Because of those staff that simply keep being fun no matter how repetative they are: Hijacking helicopters, Hijacking airplanes, Pulling vehicles stunts, flying around while doging bullets, and of course attaching things to each other. Yes, it probabaly wasn't the most effective to attach the two cars chasing you to each other near the bridge. And yes, shotting that guy instead of attaching him to a gas tank and shooting the gas tank could probably save me some time and health. The rope and parchute machanic is distinctive enough to make this game worth buying. The closest game mechanic to this game was that of infamous (where you can also hijack helicopters). but somehow this game is still very much different (And not only because its more challanging) Expand
  4. Feb 6, 2012
    Just Cause 2 is a phenomenal game which implements so many features that no other game - at the time of release or now - has ever implemented. You have a parachute and a grappling hook along with more than a hundred vehicles and tons of weapons as well. It only took 20 hours to get through the main story, and the game has so much more than that. Some badass things I do: standing on a boatJust Cause 2 is a phenomenal game which implements so many features that no other game - at the time of release or now - has ever implemented. You have a parachute and a grappling hook along with more than a hundred vehicles and tons of weapons as well. It only took 20 hours to get through the main story, and the game has so much more than that. Some badass things I do: standing on a boat and shooting rpgs off of it, grapple hooking my low-flying 747 to a boat and flying away with it, defusing nuclear missiles while riding them, and base jumping out of a hot-air balloon. The great thing about this game is that none of the things I said will ruin the game for anyone because the world is so many kilometers wide that you could play for 100 hours and not even see any of the things I'm talking about. I truly recommend this beautiful, action-packed game for anyone that likes sandbox, FPS, action, or story games. Expand
  5. Jan 22, 2013
    Possibly the greatest stress-relieving game ever made. Driving around the island in a Marten Storm is the most fun I've ever experienced in a video game, next to driving around the island in a Cougar 600. The game doesn't support multiplayer, but watching/taking turns with a friend is extremely entertaining. The campaign is bad. But that doesn't matter.
  6. Jul 11, 2012
    This game is great if only it had multiplayer. Good thing jc-mp.com is working on that. I got this game last weekend right when they were testing the beta. I'm going to give this a 10 because I think it's going to live up to it. This game has great potential. You can read all about the game from the other reviewers I'm just going to say buy this game you can find it dirt cheap. I think IThis game is great if only it had multiplayer. Good thing jc-mp.com is working on that. I got this game last weekend right when they were testing the beta. I'm going to give this a 10 because I think it's going to live up to it. This game has great potential. You can read all about the game from the other reviewers I'm just going to say buy this game you can find it dirt cheap. I think I payed $7 bucks for it. Expand
  7. Mar 16, 2012
    This game is epic. perfect game engine all is so.. i don't now this word... I think there are some bugs but that is not important for me. This game is very very very very very very good.
  8. May 30, 2012
    It's one of my favorite games of all time. Why? Because the gameplay is sheer fun, grappling and parachuting, tethering people to cars then driving around. The environment is immensely interective, I hate when I feel like I'm in a plastic scenery just there for decoration. Not so now. You can blow up any of the literally hundred villages. I spent over 100 hours on this game, if you're aIt's one of my favorite games of all time. Why? Because the gameplay is sheer fun, grappling and parachuting, tethering people to cars then driving around. The environment is immensely interective, I hate when I feel like I'm in a plastic scenery just there for decoration. Not so now. You can blow up any of the literally hundred villages. I spent over 100 hours on this game, if you're a completionist you'll love it. I like sandbox games but what's good about this one is that you have constant goals - every area has a percentage of completion based on items you must find and things you can blow up. Basically, I never felt bored in all my exploration, unlike other sandbox games lacking such goals. These strong elements for me greatly outweigh the weak story, because the game is so much fun and I just spent 95% of the time playing anyway, and not listening to story. So that's it, one of the best games I've played in my life, if you don't like it in the first hours I'd say that's normal because the story is bad, but get actually playing and driving around and you'll absolutely adore it. Expand
  9. Feb 15, 2013
    Think of this game like your favorite summer action flick: outrageous stunts, tons of explosions and light on plot.
    Just Cause 2 is effectively a playground of destruction. A lot of vehicles (on land, sea and air) and plenty of weapons.
    And the grappling hook. By far the most entertaining part of the game. It can be used to pull yourself up a building, or pull an enemy off of one. Or, you can tether two things together, such as an enemy to a rocket and watch the hilarity ensue.
    Classic example of gameplay: I'm flying an unarmed passenger plane; enemy helicopters are dogging me. I fly high up into the sky, climb out of the and jump onto the top of my plane. Plane starts losing altitude, but I wait until an enemy helicopter gets close enough. I jump, going through free fall, diving past the helicopters. Midair, I grapple onto one of the 'copters, haul myself up onto it's nose, proceed to shoot the co-pilot and then beat the pilot senseless and throw him out of the I am now flying the helicopter and I use it to shoot down the remaining enemies flying after me.
    And that's how the game goes. It wasn't part of any mission, it was just me toodling around and only a few hours into the game.
    I can't comment too much on the story, since I really haven't been paying much attention to it. Basically, you're a spy/agent and your mentor was deep undercover and went rogue; now it's up to you to find him. To do so, you need to get in good with local rebel groups (by running missions) to destabilize the tyrannical regime and flush out the rogue agent.

Problems:
    Camera shake. Nearly everything causes the camera to shake, sometimes horribly. My eyes can't really handle it and there isn't any way to turn it off. Might not be an issue for some, but it is for me.
    Mods: there are only a few, and they're somewhat useful, but nothing like an overhaul or texture packs.
    Bugs: I haven't really noticed any; although sometimes physics will wig out, but I've only seen it happen a few times. Although, I did just fall through a bridge, but it's the first time it has happened in the 30+ hours that I've been playing it.

tl;dr: playground of destruction, a lot of fun, and it's $15 on Steam. Definitely worth it.
  10. Aug 25, 2012
    This game is utterly amazing. I had a couple of doubts before buying it because people weren't enjoying it that much, but after playing it for the first time, I couldn't stop playing. The gameplay is very accessible and you can gain some skills, which make the in game time longer. And long after completing the main storyline I still play this game just because it's so much fun to hookThis game is utterly amazing. I had a couple of doubts before buying it because people weren't enjoying it that much, but after playing it for the first time, I couldn't stop playing. The gameplay is very accessible and you can gain some skills, which make the in game time longer. And long after completing the main storyline I still play this game just because it's so much fun to hook something up a helicopter and fly it into a car or something. This game will never get boring for me, I love it! Expand
  11. Apr 15, 2012
    Just Cause 2 - lets you play as an American secret agent running around a tropical island sandboxes creating chaos to destabilise the government; allie yourself with three different local factions vying for power. The factions give you adventure missions to prove your loyalty, get cash and power ups. Also - jump out of planes, off of trees or mountains, and base jump with a really coolJust Cause 2 - lets you play as an American secret agent running around a tropical island sandboxes creating chaos to destabilise the government; allie yourself with three different local factions vying for power. The factions give you adventure missions to prove your loyalty, get cash and power ups. Also - jump out of planes, off of trees or mountains, and base jump with a really cool parachute - if you can say something in Japanese then say it now !

OverallScore 9.7 Played the SteamPC version in 2012.03 (2 years after release)
    [DRM] Steam only (and always easy)

[Challenges] Main mission run and gun adventures provided by the factions are straightforward and short (just right for that ADD in me). Weapons are standard and great, the grappling hook is awesome and essential to the game and easily mastered - this is so cool - allowing you to parachute fly across the land. RPG-like progression requires accumulation of parts, armor, money, and chaos points by completing missions (which are easy and abundant). To help your abilities progress complete enough SIDE missions. If you like to run and gun the highest adrenaline side missions are to take over military installations (always lots of fun like that first latte in the morning); if you like to explore and run away then discover the towns around the countryside for loot (simple and repetitive after a while - like eating marshmallows). I played on expert level and rapidly RPG-maxed out my favorite weapons and cars making the game much easier. There seems to be a mission for every mood. There is a bunch of optional but lucrative mini games like racing with cars, planes, boats, and base jumping - they all take skill - and if playing on a PC then you need a Joystick for full enjoyment of flying minigames. The AI is good and will kill you (do not eat cheese doodles while playing) [Value] This game is quite fun and quite long. I do not think you can replay this game - if you try to complete every side mission I think you have a 300 hour game on your hands.... The real fun ends around 100 hours - sounds like too much eh? [Children] This is not for kids - this game keeps track of the number of headshots; at least there is no smoking (smiley face wink) [My PC] i7-2600K 3.4GHz / ASUS Z68 ProGen3 / 8Gig RAM / Radeon 6870 / 1920x1200 / W7 PRO SP1 [Graphics 9.0] Why is there so much texture popping?
    [Controls 10] I always play with a Logitech keyboard and a Kensington trackball. Remapping the keys was easy and appears in the onscreen instructions.
    [Sound 10] I always play with headphones. I liked the way the music energy moved with the action - like Deus Ex - and at times was soothing; there was a good music variety; I turned up the volume ! [MyFavorites] [PC Win7] Crysis&Warhead JustCause2 Rage [PC XP] DeuxExHumanRevolution&TheMissingLink DeadSpace1&2 Fallout3&NewVegas HalfLife1&2 Bordelands BatmanArkumAsylum AssassinsCreed1 Magicka RedFaction Portal1&2 FromDust MrRobot Sam&MaxSeasons1&2 CulpaInnata TheSecretOfMonkeyIsland DreamfallTheLongestJourney Syberia1&2 CrayonPhysicsDeluxe DefenseGridTheAwakening PlantsVsZombies Prototype Bioshock1&2 UnrealTournament3 Quake4 [360] AfroSamurai BrutalLegends [XBOX] HALO KOTOR1&2 Crackdown ArmedAndDangerous AggressiveInline BeyondGoodAndEvil DeadOrAlive1&2&3&ExtremeBeachVolleyball Psychonauts [AppleG4] DeusExMachina ReturnToZork Suspended UnrealTournament TombRaiderSeries Suspended [Born] 1964
  12. Aug 14, 2011
    I give this a nine, it's seriously good, fun and awesome!
    You can drive a car, a boat, and fly and yeah I say everything is good about it.
    Just that I don't like that I have Level 3 Deagle and if I shoot an enemy in the head with it he doesn't die I have 2 shot the enemy 2 times and it's not kinda real I could have a level 1 Deagle and kill and enemy by a headshot :/
  13. Jun 2, 2013
    I've only had this game for two days, and I haven't even beaten its story. However, I don't even have to. All I can say is that this game is just plain amazing! It is quite possibly the best video game I have ever played. In fact, the story is the one thing about this game that I would have to say is wrong with it. It sort of does have a cruddy story that is like your average B-movie,I've only had this game for two days, and I haven't even beaten its story. However, I don't even have to. All I can say is that this game is just plain amazing! It is quite possibly the best video game I have ever played. In fact, the story is the one thing about this game that I would have to say is wrong with it. It sort of does have a cruddy story that is like your average B-movie, however, the story is not at all what this game is about. What this game is really about is its awesome gameplay. This game is open world, and has so much to see and do. One thing that this game definitely wanted to pull off was be like the average action movie. In fact, if I didn't know this game better I'd say that it was possibly satirizing action movies. However, I do know this game better, and I can safely say that if this game was going for being like an action movie, it undoubtedly succeeded. This game has so many different areas that make you feel like you're in a movie like Die Hard or the Expendables. The areas have several different destructible objects, enemies to fight, and make you feel like your character is an unstoppable war machine while the enemies are nothing more than mere toothpicks. There are also several elements in this game that are much like the average action movie as well. Does this game have you taking over enemy bases? Definitely! Does this game have car chases? Absolutely! Does this game have any other vehicle sections? Plenty! Does this game have high falls? Assortment of different weapons? A tropical island setting? You bet! Speaking of the island itself, let's move on to the graphics. These are some of the best graphics I have ever seen in a video game! They are very detailed, very beautiful, and very vibrant and colorful! There wasn't a single thing in this game that wasn't detailed properly. This game is a very beautiful sight indeed. The sound is also quite good. In fact, it is amazing! The explosions have a punch to them, the guns have just the right sound effects, and the vehicles sound just the way they should. One thing that people are bound to love about this game is how little emphasis it has on story. I have criticized story in the past, however, in this case I don't feel the need to do so. This game proves that a video game does not need a big emphasis on story to be good (I'm looking at you Assassin's Creed). The game's story is very short (only seven missions long), and the rest of the game is spent exploring, raiding bases, going on car chases, and completing faction missions. There are plenty of these faction missions all throughout the landscape of the island, and they are all unique, and a blast to play. Overall, I'd say, if you do not own this game, then what the heck are you waiting for? It's cheap on Steam (only $15). This game has everything that an action game junkie would want. It has a beautiful setting, little emphasis on story, and a giant emphasis on explosive, extremely fun and fast-paced gameplay! Buy this game right now if you do not yet own it. Do not hesitate, it really is that awesome! Expand
  14. Dec 19, 2011
    If you want a well driven narrative, good voice acting, fun missions, or exciting combat look elsewhere. This game is not for you.

Who is this game for, then? People who love massive worlds and just general screwing around. The draw distance is insane and whatever you see, you can go to. You can hijack jets, helicopters, cars, boats, and motorcycles. You can harass the citizens, or just fly around and enjoy the scenery. The world is MASSIVE, I believe it was something like 400 square miles. The joy in the game is finding things to do for yourself. If you're just slogging through the missions, you're playing it wrong.

It's worth getting just to see a fully realized world like this.
  15. Oct 8, 2011
    I give Just Cause 2 a 9/10 its a terrific game the only thing i would really change tho is i would make it so you could enter buildings I love this game and I certainly reccomend it
  16. Jul 11, 2012
    There are 4 words that can be used to describe this game: "Bloomin' huge" and "very fun". It looks beautiful, and runs extremely well, quite the experience using max settings on my PC. Yes, the story is crap (like a cheap action movie). and there are quite a few bugs I found, but these add to the overall feel of the game: fun. And isn't that the main reason we play games? for fun? and thisThere are 4 words that can be used to describe this game: "Bloomin' huge" and "very fun". It looks beautiful, and runs extremely well, quite the experience using max settings on my PC. Yes, the story is crap (like a cheap action movie). and there are quite a few bugs I found, but these add to the overall feel of the game: fun. And isn't that the main reason we play games? for fun? and this game has hours of it at your disposal to do whatever the hell you want. Please make Just Cause 3 for the Wii U, I will love Square Enix for ever if this happens. Expand
  17. Mar 31, 2012
    yeah it's repetitive but thats ok because i just came here to MOD......and wow does this game have an AWESOME modding community :) you can fly like superman get every car, plane, helicopter, boat, weapon. The missions are an afterthought cause the meat of this game is exploring the gargantuan map, and it's soo pretty i thought i went to a tropical island. Flying planes then jumping ontopyeah it's repetitive but thats ok because i just came here to MOD......and wow does this game have an AWESOME modding community :) you can fly like superman get every car, plane, helicopter, boat, weapon. The missions are an afterthought cause the meat of this game is exploring the gargantuan map, and it's soo pretty i thought i went to a tropical island. Flying planes then jumping ontop of them while you crash into a mountain and then parachute to safety.......epic and awesome :) GET yourself a trainer and go to this website www.justcause2mods.com Collapse
  18. Dec 26, 2011
    A big 10 from me
    ____________________
    A big 10 from me
    ____________________

This game is amazing people say the fun ends in some hours, It does not. Only if you are lazy, In just cause 2 you can explore stuff on every single place, Gun upgrades vehicle upgrades and the map is so HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE and beautiful. If youre tired of going slow, Go to the airport and you will vind a very fast plane in one of thoose garages or complete 5 missions or so and unlock escort to reach the entire map in less than 10 seconds. Buy this game if you have not already.
  19. Feb 16, 2012
    I was a fan of the first version of this game, and had to grab the second as soon as i saw the trailer come out. I couldn't believe when playing there could be so much freedom of movement and travel in an open world game. I've never traversed such a massive game world so teeming with npc's, enemies and activities. It's really astounding that they were able to put all of it together. II was a fan of the first version of this game, and had to grab the second as soon as i saw the trailer come out. I couldn't believe when playing there could be so much freedom of movement and travel in an open world game. I've never traversed such a massive game world so teeming with npc's, enemies and activities. It's really astounding that they were able to put all of it together. I would honestly have to say the faction missions and a lot of the story get repeditive, but thankfully when playing the opportunity to get a refreshing dose of pure free flying chaos between those missons makes up for it. Highly underrated, a pure gem! Expand
  20. Mar 21, 2012
    + giant map and lotsa things to search, + dozens of vehicles, + graphics are amazing, + missions are fun, + rope and parachute works great, + over 100 hours of gameplay, + songs are good, + sometimes pretty challenging - story is not that great, - some places are copies, - can't buy ammo, - no online. I would give this game 10 if this had online.
  21. Aug 26, 2012
    RICHTIG GEILES ACTION GAME !!! , eins der besten die ich gespielt habe :DDD
  22. Oct 26, 2012
    The other day, I drove a speed boat onto land, ran it up a ramp-like cliff, parachuted out before it exploded, grappled onto the mid-air flaming remainder of a boat, and proceeded to get crushed underneath thanks to my arch-nemesis, gravity. Why'd I do this, you ask? Just cause. If you're one of those gamers who plays a game with the intention to beat it as fast as possible, yeah--you'llThe other day, I drove a speed boat onto land, ran it up a ramp-like cliff, parachuted out before it exploded, grappled onto the mid-air flaming remainder of a boat, and proceeded to get crushed underneath thanks to my arch-nemesis, gravity. Why'd I do this, you ask? Just cause. If you're one of those gamers who plays a game with the intention to beat it as fast as possible, yeah--you'll have a rather repetitive experience. But if you choose to be creative, if you choose to do random, crazy things "just 'cause," everything is prepared for you to go balls-out (in a damn-beautiful open world, too). Don't get me wrong though, there are missions, side-quests, and a decent story to keep you on track as well. Don't pass up its next sale on Steam. Expand
  23. Nov 13, 2012
    This is an amazing game that while still having it "GOD DANG IT!" moments the game always gets me right back to playing. Not only is the world amazingly huge but with your grapple your grapple hook, you have at least 4 hours in a row just messing around. (I hope people get that sarcasm). When you do get bored of that can go out and attack police and start a police chase, out of the 65This is an amazing game that while still having it "GOD DANG IT!" moments the game always gets me right back to playing. Not only is the world amazingly huge but with your grapple your grapple hook, you have at least 4 hours in a row just messing around. (I hope people get that sarcasm). When you do get bored of that can go out and attack police and start a police chase, out of the 65 hours of game play i have had so far i can say half of it just running from the cops then getting out of my flaming car, and then getting in another car. A side from the stupid fun i have mentioned so far, the game has amazing graphics and tons of possibilities! The only reason this didn't get a ten is because of the teeth grinding things like when the game gives you an awesome jet, and just crams a bunch of AA guns of your backside, and the fact that the game had much more potential. The game can flip you off sometimes but the rest of the time is dumb fun. Of course if your still not sure there is a demo on steam that a gives you a chunk of the world to mess around on so you can see if your self. I hope this helped! Expand
  24. Nov 17, 2012
    I am giving this a 10, solely based on the amount of freakin' fancy I've got.

Sure, gameplay is repetitive and the voice acting starts sucking very quickly. I have only one purpose for this game: Every night, before I get to sleep, I do a few spectacular aerial tours of the entire landscape, using the following mod...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmtHD60pL6Y This has greatly helped me
    I am giving this a 10, solely based on the amount of freakin' fancy I've got.

This has greatly helped me with my lucid dreaming and anyone who has even the slightest interest in lucid dreaming should make this a mandatory exercise on a regular basis...Enjoy!!!
  25. Dec 16, 2012
    I would like to write more but since everything has been already said I will just sum up; the game is extremely addictive, beautiful, entertaining and rewarding. For me it is the best open world game, far far ahead of overrated GTA 4 which is total opposite - frustrating, repetitive and boring. I just loved JC2 2 years ago and I still do and play it from time to time.
  26. May 15, 2013
    Very good optimization, more than decent graphics and a whole lot of gameplay possiblites. possibly the greatest and largest open world game ever made. A 100 GTA cities can take up the whole game map, no lying about that. And it's not that big without a reason, and can take over 100 hours to 100% complete.
  27. Jul 3, 2013
    What an amazing game! You can fly planes, drive boats and cars, and skydive/base-jump. You can blow up tons of things. I totally agree with SPINEY when he says that the game is repetitive, which it is. After 25% the hard-core completion person will continue to 100%, the casual person will mess around, and the experimental people will start modding (if they haven't already). RepetitivenessWhat an amazing game! You can fly planes, drive boats and cars, and skydive/base-jump. You can blow up tons of things. I totally agree with SPINEY when he says that the game is repetitive, which it is. After 25% the hard-core completion person will continue to 100%, the casual person will mess around, and the experimental people will start modding (if they haven't already). Repetitiveness aside, you can explore about 400 square kilometers of land and ocean, killing any Panuans in your way. The voice acting is average. The missions are entirely subjective though. Some may like them and think they're fun and interesting, and some may completely ignore them and think they're a waste of time/use them as cash. Factions drive cars around, and it's fun to get on them and shoot stuff. You can use a ton of weapons and upgrade them. The modding community is amazing also. I recommend the first person mod, multi-player mod (maybe), and other mods may bring interest such as realistic clouds and underwater planes. I've put almost 200 hours into this game between Xbox and PC. It's a classic. Expand
  28. Mar 15, 2013
    Amazing sandbox-style play that's set apart by the fun and interesting grappling-hook-and-parachute dynamic. The plot and acting for the story mode is sub-par, but this game is not about the story. It's about bouncing around a massive Island chain flying jets, riding bikes, attaching gas canisters to unwitting bystanders and sending them to the moon, and generally f'ing sh't up.
  29. May 8, 2013
    Fantastic open world with great vistas,gamelpay and controls are great to get around the game quickly. Took a few weeks of nights away from me but well worth it, only wish more missions were available as the game was over too soon, but lots of other stuff to do that will keep you busy for some time. COME ON JUST CAUSE 3 PLEASE
  30. May 23, 2013
    EPIC GAME! THE GRAPHICS ARE AMAZING ON A WINDOWS 7 LAPTOP, BUT THE WINDOWS VISTA GRAPGICS ARE NOT BAD /NOT PERFECT. I WONDER WHY THE GAME DOESN'T SUPPORT WINDOWS XP?
  31. Mar 31, 2012

1. One of the most enjoyable sandboxes for players to experiment in this side of Grand Theft Auto. [Issue#204, p.86]
  2. Just Cause 2 can hardly be called an average game. It's a good one undermined by a selection of mediocre elements, and it's all the more frustrating this time around because Avalanche shows us glimpses of just how much fun two weeks on holiday with Rico should be. [Apr 2010, p.96]
  3. Just Cause 2 is a sequel that outdoes the original with gripping gameplay, exquisite visuals and a variety of missions that will keep you playing longer than you might expect. If you're an action fan, you need this.