Just Cause 2 PC

Graphics,gameplay,story are just cooool
    don't miss it
    Now can't wait for the next
  2. Jun 22, 2016
    Stupid health system and worthless ally AI aside, JC2 is great fun to play, though it can be rather frustrating. It's also too damn big, with something like 2700 collectibles and over 300 towns/bases to ransack. Rico is a fun character, with that grindhouse Hispanic style and signature do-anything grappling hook. Though the grapple is fun and easy to use, JC2 is at it's best when you're inStupid health system and worthless ally AI aside, JC2 is great fun to play, though it can be rather frustrating. It's also too damn big, with something like 2700 collectibles and over 300 towns/bases to ransack. Rico is a fun character, with that grindhouse Hispanic style and signature do-anything grappling hook. Though the grapple is fun and easy to use, JC2 is at it's best when you're in a vehicle, racing or flying about, doing stupid stunts and blowing things up left and right while Rico hums Flight of the Valkyries to himself. JC2 throws the laws of physics out the window in the favor of thinks like grapple-jacking helicopters and surfing nuclear missiles. Just look at the Steam picture. It's like Robert Rodriguez directed a Mercenaries sequel. It falters on occasion, especially when it's just you, a gun and a horde of bad guys with improbably good accuracy, but the rest of the time, it's literally a blast. On top of that, it at least partly inspired Renegade Ops. Expand
  3. Jun 15, 2016
    This game is one of the best game of all time and enter in my top 50 best games of all time . This game maybe even better than Just Cause 3 and even best game in Just Cause Series and I think Just Cause 2 and 3 are awesome games with very very amazing storyline and in Just Cause 2 multiplayer is very amazing and in Just Cause 2 Multiplayer much fun and this is awesome, but I can't rateThis game is one of the best game of all time and enter in my top 50 best games of all time . This game maybe even better than Just Cause 3 and even best game in Just Cause Series and I think Just Cause 2 and 3 are awesome games with very very amazing storyline and in Just Cause 2 multiplayer is very amazing and in Just Cause 2 Multiplayer much fun and this is awesome, but I can't rate this game on 10/10 because on 10/10 I rate my favourite games and I like Just Cause 2 and I think Just Cause 2 deserve 10/10, but I don't love Just Cause 2, I like Just Cause 2, because I can't rate this game on 10/10 . Expand
  4. Jun 8, 2016
    better than the 3rd. Amazing game, amazing story, amazing environment, fun boss battles, fun exploring, fun missions, just a fun, and amazingly crafted games I've ever played.
  5. Feb 23, 2016
    Game is good; action too... but there's always a bug that makes the game crashed and you're obligated to start anew every fifteen minutes. That makes me leave the game and disgusted from it. I would expect that there's a patch that could help, but those who makes the game never did it. So, I don't think I can frankly recommend it or buy the number 3, unfortunately
  6. Feb 21, 2016
    This game encapsulated me at the first chance. In about a month, I have played over 70 hours of it. It is by far the most addictive game I have ever played. It has a fairly weak storyline, but the action in it is nonstop and it is extremely exciting. Hands down the best Just Cause game.
  7. Feb 6, 2016
    Superior compared to its predecessor, Just Cause 2 offers a huge amount of contents and improvements while being able to keep its ridiculously funny moments.
  8. Dec 28, 2015
    Just Cause 2 is unquestionably a game with incredible graphics, unique game play elements, enormously large open-ended map, neat user interface slash heads up display, yada yada yada. EA really took a giant leap from the first title to this one -- every issue and possible improvement that you can think of for Just Cause were all addressed and implemented in Just Cause 2, definitely aJust Cause 2 is unquestionably a game with incredible graphics, unique game play elements, enormously large open-ended map, neat user interface slash heads up display, yada yada yada. EA really took a giant leap from the first title to this one -- every issue and possible improvement that you can think of for Just Cause were all addressed and implemented in Just Cause 2, definitely a recommend for all lovers of open-world games. Expand
  9. Dec 27, 2015
    i am having a panic. Finished first and second missions by trial and error. then gave up on missions totally to wage mayhem on an entire countryside , hijacked a tuktuk, a speedboat, a 747, 10 different motorcycles, a few helicopters, a learjet, and assorted other stuff. Blew up half the country with stolen military hardware, killed hundreds if not thousands of innocent civilians, and diedi am having a panic. Finished first and second missions by trial and error. then gave up on missions totally to wage mayhem on an entire countryside , hijacked a tuktuk, a speedboat, a 747, 10 different motorcycles, a few helicopters, a learjet, and assorted other stuff. Blew up half the country with stolen military hardware, killed hundreds if not thousands of innocent civilians, and died by running my motorcycle into a tree. Game does not save, you have to occasionally reach a checkpoint. No , it doesn't allow manual save at all. Try it for yourself, and you'll find that it says "game saved" and then you try to reload that game and you'll be four hours behind where your save point is. Fact of life in this game, get used to it, because it is a ridiculously fun rampage through a goofy Asian dictatorship island nation, with no real point other than "break stuff" and "blow stuff up". See how many times you can get your speedboat stuck up in the trees, crash a 747 into a mile high discotheque hanging from a blimp, use a howitzer point blank on peasant fisherman sampan traffic. Like that, except more insane and way more fun. One of the craziest mixtures I've ever played, I don't care about the story, i'm just driving around wrecking stuff.

8/10 Would topple radio towers across highway just for fun again.
  10. fr6
    Dec 15, 2015
    Love just cause 2 and 3 this is mega mega that i wish again to play that just cause 2 and DLC from just cause 2 and again and now this just cause 3 am playing and its amazing :D
  11. Nov 9, 2015
    Well this game is amazing. Graphics are adorable, story is too short but pretty cool, new and great hook which you can use anywhere. The only big downside is stupid story and as already mentioned it's too short but this game is a sandbox so plot isn't that important but still they could make it better. And of course I have to mention JC2MP. It was released nearly 2 years ago (check theWell this game is amazing. Graphics are adorable, story is too short but pretty cool, new and great hook which you can use anywhere. The only big downside is stupid story and as already mentioned it's too short but this game is a sandbox so plot isn't that important but still they could make it better. And of course I have to mention JC2MP. It was released nearly 2 years ago (check the date I wrote this) and it's still only v0.1 and v0.2 is developed (adds civils into the game, etc.) but it doesn't matter as JC2MP is fabulous. It's so fun to take part in roadtrips, PvP, take part in Derby, boost on vehicles up to 700 km/h (if plugin is installed). Oh, it's really great. For silly singleplayer but great multiplayer it's only 9/10. Expand
  12. Nov 2, 2015
    Скучно, нудно, неудобно, однообразно. Надоедает люто. Будто специально делали игру так, чтобы у меня бомбило. Чёртовы фейспалмы. В это, конечно, можно играть, но только на безрыбье.
  13. Sep 27, 2015
    A great game with an enjoyable story and fantastic visuals (especially when blowing s**t up), but gets boring too fast. I know the game has bad voice acting on purpose to make fun of cheesy action films, but sometimes it's just way too much. But to be honest, the only real thing that holds this game back is that it just gets old too quick.
  14. Aug 25, 2015
    now that's game is really great game
    yeah its just cause 2 its big open world action game
    in just cause 2 you can do anything you want fly.kill.race.discover.anything you want
    have a lot of mods and have good dlc's and you can play it online with friends or strangers
    its awesome game i recommend it :)
  15. Jul 6, 2015
    Just Cause 2 is personally one of my most hated games ever! Thank God I only spent $20! Allow me to continue...

Story - The storyline is absolutely non-existent in this game. There are roughly 10 story missions which would take 2-3 hours tops to complete if they weren't locked behind open world requirements in which you had to destroy X amount of **** to unlock them. Voice Acting -

Voice Acting - It is horrendous and cringe worthy. Any line of dialog made me want to puke, not literally but you get what I mean. The dialog is that bad that I cannot find any other words to describe it.

World - Is massive, maybe a little too big and areas such as the sandy desert, snowy mountains and forest are very bland particularly between key locations and areas of interest. Only the military bases where some effort has been put in to make them feel unique, emphasize some. However the open world's main downfall is that it is absolutely dead. There is barely traffic on the roads and civilians are nowhere to be seen even in the city region.

Driving - Is crap and clunky.

Shooting - Is crap and clunky.

Destruction/Chaos - Nothing that couldn't be done in a GTA game which offers more than just mind numbing destruction.

All this game offers is mind numbing destruction which loses it appeal very quickly especially when the mechanics to carry out such a feat are clunky as hell.

If you are one of those guys who enjoys a story as an integral part of their experience then this game is not for you. If you have grown out of the nostalgic boyhood days when playing GTA where you used to run around causing absolute mayhem for no particular reason, then this game is definitely not for you!!! Game offers nothing other than destruction which gets tiring after 10 hours.
  16. Jun 24, 2015
    A huge improvement from its first game Just Cause, although I don't really like open world game, and although I completed Just Cause's story line, this one I haven't, but for people who like nice graphics, BLOWING UP STUFF, and a GTA style game, but without the naughty bits ;) It is truly a good game. Also, now you can get the Multiplayer mod!
  17. Jun 11, 2015
    The game is a mixture of GTA V, spiderman, and red faction guerrela. It is all of those combined. The bomb diggedy! I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it,!
  18. May 26, 2015
    Lovely game! There is so much to do on this game, like collecting upgrades and hidden items, destroying bases, stunting with vehicles and parachuting on a fun way! And i also like:
    - The sharp graphics, sounds and music
    - The great story - Funny and cool vehicles for stunting and the huge map. But personally, i don't think this is a game for completing 100%, because the gameplay gets
    - The great story
    - Funny and cool vehicles for stunting and the huge map.

But personally, i don't think this is a game for completing 100%, because the gameplay gets too repetive.
  19. Mar 10, 2015
    I kind of hated and found the game frustrating at first, especially the annoying 2nd mission with the car surfing, but once you get past that it starts to get a little better and becomes quite fun and addicitive, can't stop playing even though it gets repetitive and sometimes feels tedious with terrible voice acting, terrible story, no depth.

Game would crash often until I turned off

Game would crash often until I turned off decals and blur. But still game crashes at least once or twice a play session.

Sure you can purchase vehicles, but it seems like a waste of money, I bought a plane having never flown one yet and not even being sure of the controls, ended up crashing it into the ocean, so goodbye to 60k and if you die you lose them as well, if they blow up they are gone for good. I hate how you can't store purchased vehicles anywhere. I've played other games where you can save your vehicles in a garage even if they blow up. I just don't bother buying vehicles.

The environment is beautiful and detailed, I love exploring it and diving underwater just because the water looks so nice.

I like creating chaos and trying to complete all achievements.

Though being very repetitive makes it just an ok game, slightly above average.
    Worth getting on special like I did for $5.
  20. Feb 25, 2015
    I love this game so much. I love this game Just because of the world and mechanics. It is a very smart game, but it is hidden behind all the parts that the critics evaluate, which are the story line and the boring pickup hunts. It is very rare that a game is found with this level of graphics, game play and world size, especially from 2010. Games even from this era are dwarfed in map size.I love this game so much. I love this game Just because of the world and mechanics. It is a very smart game, but it is hidden behind all the parts that the critics evaluate, which are the story line and the boring pickup hunts. It is very rare that a game is found with this level of graphics, game play and world size, especially from 2010. Games even from this era are dwarfed in map size. the area of play is 643.4 square miles and it takes 10 minutes to cross by jet and about 30 to cross by parachute and grappling hook. This brings me to the mechanics. It is surprising that no franchise before has thought of the combination of a grappling hook and parachute, but even if they had, it would be put to shame by the detailed way this is done in the game. This is the kind of thing that exposes endless possibility. you can not only pull yourself immense distances with a single grapple, but you can also tether two objects together. I like to ride on the top of a 747 while it is taking off, tether it to the ground and abandon ship. the problem of handling vehicle destruction is pulled of by instead, making everything explode. I have played the game for about three weeks, and clocked in about 30 hours, and it is still relentlessly fun. While the missions are terribly boring, it is always fun to find the most creative way to pull it off. In a select mission, I had to destroy multiple generators inside buildings. grenades weren't getting the job done, so I bought a cluster bomb launcher, launched it inside, and ran. This game rivals GTA V, while it was made in 2010 and is endlessly re-playable. For $15 on steam and the ability to run on a Celeron, processor, this is a game everybody should own. Expand
  21. Feb 8, 2015
    Just WOW
    One of the best survival game ever played
    Though I never thought this game would that much improve over previous one
    Graphics,gameplay,story are just cooool
    don't miss it
    Now can't wait for the next
  22. Jan 29, 2015
    The visuals are wonderful! My complaints are the voice acting, npc pathfinding and npc death animations could be much better.
    You are offered a variety of missions and challenges to keep the game interesting. Blowing up buildings is a blast and is the one feature that stands out in this game over everything else.
  23. Nov 22, 2014
    - The great story
    - Funny and cool vehicles for stunting and the huge map.

24. Oct 31, 2014
    I was very positively surprised by this game . It is like GTA and very very fun. THe graphics are just awesome and the open world possibilities unlimited. I love the Grapling Hook and jets !!!
  25. Oct 1, 2014
    The mechanics make checks the control can't cash. Everything in this game is fiddly & awkward, despite allowing large margins of error (sometimes large to a fault, as in the constant auto-aim annoyances). There are plenty of games out there that require far more accuracy, speed, precision & intricacy of control, and actually provide the player with the tools to fulfill it.

Otherwise, as

Otherwise, as is common in "open-world" games, the mission structure defeats the object of any flexibility & improvisation supposedly on offer.
  26. Sep 19, 2014
    A pretty large and beautiful island background for a simple but interesting story,mechanics of freedom and influence,these are the advantages.But that's all of it.
    I found that it takes the players too much time to drive or hiking around the island,the mountain,for there's no fast plane for them at the beginning of the story.Meantime,the quests seem need the player to get the very locations to start or complete.As we know,some other known games,such as Sleeping Dogs and Assassin's Creed IV are with the mechanic of quest auto-interaction and ignoring the journey for the quest location.Sometimes,when the mechanic not triggered,we can use the cabs or fast travel.
    For short,the time wasting and amusement killing journey at the beginning consumed my patience for this game.
    Looks like the cloud save of it is not functional on Steam.
  27. Aug 11, 2014
    I think that this is one of the best Console to PC ports. The graphics are nice, fps is good, aiming with mouse works well and controls are good. The game's main attraction is the grappling hook. It's a very fun open ended game. The AI is not the best, the military is very easy to avoid. I also found storyline not to be very interesting. All in all this is a really fun game and I reallyI think that this is one of the best Console to PC ports. The graphics are nice, fps is good, aiming with mouse works well and controls are good. The game's main attraction is the grappling hook. It's a very fun open ended game. The AI is not the best, the military is very easy to avoid. I also found storyline not to be very interesting. All in all this is a really fun game and I really mean it. I spent many hours just going around the world and making a mess. Expand
  28. Jul 25, 2014
    This game is easily one of my all time favorites; not only is it a mindless open world game with loads of explosions, but bathes in its own cliché to make even the ridiculous story and missions great fun to play. A point off for the main story being far too short, and that the game gets repetitive if you try to play it too seriously.
  29. Jul 1, 2014
    One giant step-up since the original release of Just Cause.

It seems highly exaggerating, especially when hi-jacking cars & planes, getting shot many times, opening your chute while on-foot. It does have many glitches, but the game-play is fine.
  30. Jun 30, 2014
    If you want to know WHY you should buy this game,i will explain WHY you should buy this game.This game,worths a lot of try and playtrough since you can never beat the game in some days.

Just Cause 2 Is a great sandbox game with lot of easter eggs you can find and it is so good to be true:Lots of easter eggs is mission places.If you dont want missions,then you can wreck everywhere with you awesome weaponry and your vehicles.

I want to tell you about the secrety of the game and its storyline.You are from the Agency,and you are sent to Panau islands to murder their new bad president Pandak ''Baby'' Panay and reveal the secrets of the military.

But your friend from Agency named Tom Sheldon has been lost in the deep of Panau Island but you will never know he was the black market seller until the next mission.

Now,i want to tell you about the Black Market.In Black Market,you will buy and modify weapons and vehicles,and after some missions you will unlock extraction which will extract you to anywhere discovered on Panau but on sight of map.

The Factions.There are 3 factions in tha Panau which are trying to conquer the Panau and they will give you information,money and chaos(See Above) exchange in your services to them.

Lastly,everyone will think is there some way to unlock them or everything is at once?Right.There is a unlock way named Chaos.The most awesome thing in my book.And getting Chaos is not hard.You can complete city,village or millitary bases,destroy military equipment or complete missions to get chaos!

Well,there are a lot more stuff to tell,there are some bugs but are little.So i will give that game 10/10,you must try if you have money!
  31. Jun 30, 2014
    Great game a sequel would be insane. Multiplayer mod is too much fun. I hope they have some crazy epic awesome winning hashtag multiplayer for the next one
  32. Vas
    Jun 29, 2014
    This game offers a lot of territory and things to do. You can go around killing random enemy bases just for fun, or follow the story and complete missions. It is generally very hard to complete 100% of this game if you want every single thing done, takes a long long time because there is just so much stuff. The story is pretty fun too, I really enjoy the game. I think you will too.
  33. May 1, 2014
    This is the ultimate open world gaming experience with a stellar achievement in gameplay design (= the grappling hook). Graphics look great even by today's standards.
  34. Apr 11, 2014
    An excellent combination of Far Cry (2&3) with The Saboteur, this game will become addictive. Beautiful island scenery complements your ability to drive any vehicle as well as fly helicopters and fighter planes. Three main "bad" guys offer a variety of side missions, which allow them to conquer certain sections of the islands, and later providing some small assistance. I loved flyingAn excellent combination of Far Cry (2&3) with The Saboteur, this game will become addictive. Beautiful island scenery complements your ability to drive any vehicle as well as fly helicopters and fighter planes. Three main "bad" guys offer a variety of side missions, which allow them to conquer certain sections of the islands, and later providing some small assistance. I loved flying around destroying bases with the helicopter. The game is fun and the main missions (which trigger after creating enough mayhem and destruction, i.e., chaos) are interesting but too few. What I didn't like is having to find every single machine part/ammo upgrade box in all the bases in order for it to appear as 100% secured. I also thought there should have been many more side missions as well as more than just six or seven main missions. There is humor in the game, which is always appreciated. When continuously blasting away with the helicopter, Rico will begin humming a song. If he falls from a height without killing himself he'll say "whoa, that was too close to comfort." Or if he gets away from a serious fight without injury he will say other words in Spanish that I'm sure I can't write here. Hilarious. Well worth purchasing it for entertainment. Expand
  35. Mar 26, 2014
    The massive procedurally generated open world is gorgeous, and all of it is the player's playground to cause chaos in. The game "Fuel" also creates a huge world like this, as does Daggerfall, but all in all this game oozes the most fun.
  36. Mar 13, 2014
    Just Cause 2, and I'm sure some people will agree with me, is the greatest open-world game I have ever played!

Pros: Ridiculously enjoyable gameplay Massive open-world to explore Packed with extra side-missions and content CHAOS!!! Cons: Checkpoints are inconvenient If you want to cause absolute chaos in the biggest open world in video games ever, then do yourself a favor and

Pros:
    Ridiculously enjoyable gameplay
    Massive open-world to explore
    Packed with extra side-missions and content
    CHAOS!!!

Cons:
    Checkpoints are inconvenient

If you want to cause absolute chaos in the biggest open world in video games ever, then do yourself a favor and play this game!
  37. Feb 25, 2014
    The gameplay IS original but most of the time it's just... completely awkward. I will explain why. There is a LOT of getting-used-to required. It looks similar to GTA games but as someone who has played GTA games to the point of pointlessness maybe I am being too critical but to me PC control system is a far cry from GTA - it's as if they spent 30 minutes porting controls from consoles,The gameplay IS original but most of the time it's just... completely awkward. I will explain why. There is a LOT of getting-used-to required. It looks similar to GTA games but as someone who has played GTA games to the point of pointlessness maybe I am being too critical but to me PC control system is a far cry from GTA - it's as if they spent 30 minutes porting controls from consoles, it's really a half arsed effort. The 3rd person camera is obnoxious but you can get used to it (still though, not perfect as in GTA IV). Default keyboard controls are moronically laid out so you will want to change that from the start rather than waste hours struggling with the set hoping that somehow it's just you and the settings are ideal. Not everything can be changed though, for example the weapon zoom lock can't be changed - in such action packed game zoom locking can get very annoying. Sprint mode is even more awkward, you'll just avoid using it most of the time and just move around with your grappling hook. Now about the grapling hook, it's original, yes, but it's just simply ridiculous and with such awkward controls you'll end up in funny but (over time) annoying situations. Most of the time you have no idea what's going on, where you are and what you're doing, if it turns red you just hook to another radar or radio tower which are abundant thorugh the game. With that said it's not a conventional game, you have to use the hook it's not a choice. Laws of physics don't apply in this game, you'll be doing stuff which defies all logic. This would all be fine if it wasn't for the awkwardly ported controls, they just don't make sense in a shooter, again, I'm a big fan of GTA games and never had problems with 3rd person shooter concept but in Just Cause 2 controls are so ridiculous they're distracting from the game. For example if you accidentally press number 1 twice you would unload the gun... this happened a lot in mid-action and it's frustrating, now unloading my gun would make sense if this was Skyrim but it's not, why would I ever want to unload the freaking gun? This is just one "thing" but there are plenty. Graphics are just... OK. I have a serious gaming rig because I appreciate great graphics which was what I expected from this game. In realty graphics feel like special effects in a low budget action movie from 80s. The world is massive but not very detailed, textures are generic and sometimes low res almost like solid colors, character models are crude and lifeless, cut scenes are extremely boring and to make things worse often unskippable. Water/fire effects are great but they stand out from the crude low-res low-poly world that surrounds them, the world is NOT immersive like in Crysis, Far Cry, HL2 or GTA IV, it all feels like a cartboard stage. Blood stains, bullet holes, explosions etc. are very short and after few seconds the place looks like new. Damage on vehicles is a terrible and cheap photoshop job. Various little issues are plenty but not serious, e.g. you often can't pick up dropped guns or guns disappear somewhere inside a 3D polygon. It's worth noting that on my rig (which is a modern and high end Win7 one) game crashed quite often, at least every few hours. I have a very fast SSD disc and saving settings such as a hotkey would take 15 seconds, I simply can't fathom why. Minimizing the game to check some tips on the web would often crash it. Again it's got all those "ported from XBOX in 15 mins" issues. If you've read this far I guess there's no need to continue and trust me there are more issues so don't waste your time unless you really like to try out new things in which case go for it but don't get your hopes too high. Expand
  38. Feb 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. +Fun Gameplay+
    +Good Storyline+
    +Good A.I+ (Sometimes frustrates)
    +Great Graphics+
    +Great Open World Design+
    +Nice Multiplayer Mode+
    -Moderate Voice Acting+

Just Cause 2 is really like the most expectation open world game, at least it's pretty amazing to see how good programmers tested this game is wildly impressive.
  39. Feb 21, 2014
    Fun. Flying should have better controls... but what's a n!**a to do? It's still a fun game. Don't expect realism; that grappling hook parachute combo makes ol' dude a borderline superhero at getting out of trouble. Oh god! And the stereotypical Asian voices are hilarious sometimes.

On the downside, it can get repetitive; more-so than most games. I would give it a 9, but then I

On the downside, it can get repetitive; more-so than most games.

I would give it a 9, but then I remembered I bought it for less than $5... so a 10 it is. But, if you want realism, skip on by. If you want something fun and don't care if some aspects are out there a bit, then give it a shot.
  40. Feb 9, 2014
    Why is this game good? We may never know. The shooting mechanics aren't that good, and neither are the guns. The story is lame, as is the voice acting. The missions are sometimes bland and repetitive. So why is it fun? Because of the setting and action movie influence. Panau is bigger than GTA V's Los Santos. It has varied environments. You can hijack a plane, jump on top of it, and thenWhy is this game good? We may never know. The shooting mechanics aren't that good, and neither are the guns. The story is lame, as is the voice acting. The missions are sometimes bland and repetitive. So why is it fun? Because of the setting and action movie influence. Panau is bigger than GTA V's Los Santos. It has varied environments. You can hijack a plane, jump on top of it, and then jump on to a passing plane, and hijack that one. Its beautiful. You can do anything. Cars explode as soon as they hit something when you're not in them. You have a grappling hook and infinite parachutes. And its a great looking game as well. The problem is the lack of depth. The world is huge. But you can't really interact with it in the slightest. That's where games like GTA and Saints Row have it beat. I'm hoping for improvements in gameplay and the world in Just Cause 3 (if it exists...). Expand
  41. Jan 31, 2014
    Just Cause 2 is the Expendables of the video-game world; it might not have outstanding features, but you get your money's worth through the entertainment it provides.
    PROS:
    +It is insane action movie that you control. +The game can be modded. +The multiplayer's good, but only if you have friends with you. +Huge open world! HUGE! CONS: -The story is somewhat original, but nothing to
    PROS:
    +It is insane action movie that you control.
    +The game can be modded.
    +The multiplayer's good, but only if you have friends with you.
    +Huge open world! HUGE!
    CONS:
    -The story is somewhat original, but nothing to call your friends about, a-matter-of-fact it is kind of bland.
    -The game constantly thrusts you in to it's generic storyline.
    -The combat is floaty and odd with elements that making aiming ridiculously difficult at some points.
    -Who ever optimized this game didn't do a great job.
    It is just a popcorn game - a game you get out of boredom to pass the time.
  42. Jan 21, 2014
    Besides nice graphics and huge open world (which is very detailed), it doesn't have much else to offer. The game itself doesn't have good storyline, its voice-cast is unprofessional, heat-system is laughable and mid-through the game you'll be left with no serious goal to achieve.
    Sure, blowing up fuel tanks, SAM sites and generators while watching big explosions may seem like fun, but it gets quite repetitious - not to mention how frustrating it gets when you're searching for the last property to destruct in order to advance.
    It might seem as I'm bashing the game, but I'm not. I had loads of fun when I started playing it, but I just don't see myself hooked to the game. Overall it's a decent game, it just needs some improvements.
  43. Jan 12, 2014
    What should I say about this game? Well, first it's a very nice game, it's certainly enormous, probably the biggest map with such detail. The Controls are quiet nice. The amount of Biomes are amazing, Mountains, Tropical Forest, Desert. The city is very nice to drive/fly around. The story is quiet nice. The music is ok.
  44. Jan 2, 2014
    Just Cause 2 is an amazing game. Tons of fun missions, beautiful explosions, and over 100 different vehicles to find and drive. Although, the game gets very repetitive after you complete all the faction missions and the main story line. I wouldn't say this is a game to play to completion, but very fun until you get to about 60% completion.
  45. Dec 31, 2013
    Ok, I am a little late the this game. Partly because I didn't have a system that could play it. Now that I have a smoking rig, I am going back a bit and playing games forward. My current computer lets me play this on Max every setting. The only glitch was turning off V-Sync or it would cause it to crash to the desktop now in then with Windows 8.

Pros: I got this game plus DLC for

Pros: I got this game plus DLC for $11 on Steam. A STEAL for the amount of fun I am having. This game reminds me a lot of the first half of the original Crysis, which I loved. Lots of action, shooting, blowing stuff up. In that game, even after I had killed off any troops, I'd finish blowing up the whole camp, every car, mowing down trees, because I thought it was fun. You get lots of that in Just Cause 2. One of my favorite things is to steal a good chopper from a Military Base and fly around blowing up random bases, enemy installations... or as the game says creating chaos for the government. Then when I am finally matched or shot down, bailing out and parachuting into a remote area to make my way to then next mission or objective. Some have complained about repetition of missions, etc... but I found that in Dues Ex, the Far Cry series, the Fallout Series, Skyrim, etc... I'd rather have more repetition, and the ability to choose what I want to do, and still finish the game than a short 6-10 hour $59 linear game that a day later your sitting there going..."That's it?" Not all of us our online gamers so the multi-player doesn't appeal to everyone. Some of us old school still a big, open world, single player experience which this delivers. Lastly, I am playing it on the hardcore setting. On this setting, some of the missions are pretty challenging so if you are experienced, I highly recommend this setting.

CONS: Obviously, not the fault of the game really, but more when I am playing it after it's release, the graphics are a tad dated. However, being able to play on Max settings without a hick-up makes it still an above average game visually. Not as polished as the original Crysis, but still very good. The weapons use, aiming, etc... could be a little tighter and realistic. The weapons upgrades as well. I find myself gravitating to a few regularly, without the need to upgrade many vehicles either. Doesn't detract from the game but could enhance it had it been done a little differently. Story could be a little tighter but if you play you'll find that your main mission, along with helping the 3 factions on the island, keep it interesting. Especially if you mix up which faction missions, and for whom you complete them. There is not "set" order to do them so don't. It keeps it fresh.

Conclusion: Hey, I got this for $11. For that money, it was one of the best game purchases I have made. If you skipped this for a reason, and you can get it at a bargain, I'd pick it up. You can't go wrong. I'd gladly have paid more but I didn't have too and neither do you. Yes there are tighter, more realistic, more linear offerings. But if you are looking for a good time, like the FPS non-linear style game, then this is for you.
  46. Dec 27, 2013
    As an indian man just cause 2 very dissapointed me... My friend from Alaska told me it was an indian simulator but it really doesn't looks like it... I think my blub fish would hate it too... The voice actors sound like my shaved dog! 7 out of ten! because 7 in india means
  47. Dec 17, 2013
    This game is fun as f**k, I mean who doesn't love flying around blowing s**t up. The story mode is fun, but stupid with hilariously bad voice acting (oh well) with great graphics and a strange, strange villain.
  48. Dec 13, 2013
    This game is fantastic. Great fun, great world, which is detailed and enormous, great campaign (maybe not hillirious voice acting) and great...blowing up If you haven't brought this, BUY IT NOW!!!
  49. Dec 5, 2013
    Fun for the first two hours and then just plain frustrating and repetitive especially if you are playing with a keyboard. Trying to find new missions and moving forward takes forever and involves a great deal of pointless driving around only to keep ending up in the same place. They keyboard controls for anything other than vehicles are just impossible. I guess if you have a controllerFun for the first two hours and then just plain frustrating and repetitive especially if you are playing with a keyboard. Trying to find new missions and moving forward takes forever and involves a great deal of pointless driving around only to keep ending up in the same place. They keyboard controls for anything other than vehicles are just impossible. I guess if you have a controller then yes hours of fun but otherwise hours of frustration. Nice looking world though. Expand
  50. Dec 4, 2013
    One of the best free roam games ever. Almost limitless things to do from tying people the gas tanks and shooting the gas tanks off sending people into the air like rockets to diving from a helicopter on top of a taking off military cargo jet which u high jack in the air, every biome possible is in this game and with a tough but not annoying upgrading system in the game it makes this gameOne of the best free roam games ever. Almost limitless things to do from tying people the gas tanks and shooting the gas tanks off sending people into the air like rockets to diving from a helicopter on top of a taking off military cargo jet which u high jack in the air, every biome possible is in this game and with a tough but not annoying upgrading system in the game it makes this game one of the funniest pc games i have ever played. This game is in my top 10 of all time Expand
  51. Dec 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I thought that the GTA games were the pinnacle in free-roam sandbox fun. I was wrong (thus far). Just Cause 2 (JC2) definitely sets a new standard for random sandbox fun. Just roaming around, cause chaos as part of the game's requirement, while literally traveling on foot, in the water, in the air, and in any vehicle possible, is simply ridiculously fun. The truly amazing feeling in the beginning of the game is, that while you are standing on a huge building, looking in the distance, you can actually say to yourself, "I can get there. This is not just a background." And it's true. Whatever you can see in the world of JC2, you can reach. Hi-jack a plane, a helicopter, a car, anything. If you drive, fly or go by boat, eventually you arrive at the way point you set for yourself. And it's fun. All the while you can earn money from chaos, buy upgrades, or just fool around. The only other game I've ever played where I can spend hours having fun while doing nothing, was in a GTA game. And this is a ton more fun. If you like GTA, get this. It really is awesome! Expand
  52. Nov 20, 2013
    The over the top, mass destructive, chaos causing, parachuting agent could only mean a “Just Cause” sequel! Now, I'm the first to admit I have played the first game several times, but have never been interested long enough to complete it… The game although having fantastic environments never really done much else for me, the sequel however had me hooked. The vehicle controls had improvedThe over the top, mass destructive, chaos causing, parachuting agent could only mean a “Just Cause” sequel! Now, I'm the first to admit I have played the first game several times, but have never been interested long enough to complete it… The game although having fantastic environments never really done much else for me, the sequel however had me hooked. The vehicle controls had improved (there still aren't many vehicles, but they have improved) the environments still as huge and lush as ever… This game as a whole is quite awesome and as Rico so often says “It isn't a party til’ something gets broken!” and you can’t fault his efforts at starting parties! Expand
  53. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Some of the best graphics seen on the PC. 10.
    Sound: Catchy background themes/soundtrack, the voice acting is weak though. The gun sounds are okay. 7.5.
    Graphics: Some of the best graphics seen on the PC. 10.

Gameplay: Huge sandbox game with the world being one of the biggest in gaming. The game is like Just Cause, or a GTA type game but probably has the most freedom ever in the game. You get a grappling hook, unlimited parachutes, stunts similar to pursuit force on PC but much better. The gun play and shooting mechanics are good, but could definitely feel better. The game is built on a chaos mechanic; cause enough chaos to unlock each Act, stronghold mission, or faction mission. There are different factions where you do side quests. This game is superb. 9.5.

Story: This is probably the weakest point of the game but still average. Your sent in to kill your old employer from the first part, but things take a turn and you find out the truth, and so on so forth it’s really not too interesting but again average. 7.5.

Lasting Appeal: The game is worth it, single player only took me 12-14 hours to complete, plus many more side missions, PC mods that make the game even better. 10.

Overall Score: 8.9 out of 10.
  54. Nov 7, 2013
    Bow down, GTA and Saints Row fanboys: THIS is the king of Open-World (Outside of you know, RPGs). Avalanche remembers that games are supposed to be fun. Just Cause 2 allows you to unleash your inner sociopath and wreak havoc on what is probably supposed to be North Korea but isn't. Full of neat easter eggs, and graphics that still look good 3 years later. Also, props for making a good PCBow down, GTA and Saints Row fanboys: THIS is the king of Open-World (Outside of you know, RPGs). Avalanche remembers that games are supposed to be fun. Just Cause 2 allows you to unleash your inner sociopath and wreak havoc on what is probably supposed to be North Korea but isn't. Full of neat easter eggs, and graphics that still look good 3 years later. Also, props for making a good PC port that can even outclass consoles. Check this one out. It goes on sale on Steam very often. Expand
  55. Nov 2, 2013
    [9.0] Just Cause 2 is an unforgettable open world experience. It's a massive improvement on the first game, and it gives incredible freedom and so many options. Just Cause 2 is one of few fast-paced action games that has as much depth as the player allows it to, and is an experience that is really defined by how much the player is willing to do with the game. It is the perfect example of[9.0] Just Cause 2 is an unforgettable open world experience. It's a massive improvement on the first game, and it gives incredible freedom and so many options. Just Cause 2 is one of few fast-paced action games that has as much depth as the player allows it to, and is an experience that is really defined by how much the player is willing to do with the game. It is the perfect example of why video games are such an important part of interactive media. Expand
  56. Oct 22, 2013
    Great is great, repetitive is repetitive nice graphics, AI sufficient and a huge map that forces you to make some real trips to carry out missions almost too big!

Not bad
  57. Oct 20, 2013
    The Game is Simply Amazing. Whats Better Than Walking Around With A Grappling Hook And A Parachute. The Makers Of The Game Put Everything That I Want In A Video Game Into This Game. It Also Has A Very Large Map, With Lots Of Missions, Fun Freeplay, And Lots Of Weapons And Vehicles! In My Opinion, You Must Buy This!
  58. Sep 23, 2013
    The most overrated game i've ever played. It's a huge world full of incredibly boring and tedious tasks. The graphics are good for the time when the game was released, but it has tons of performance issues. I had to put all the graphics options on low just to get close to 30 fps. The only real redeeming quality is the massive map, easily the biggest map i've ever seen in an open worldThe most overrated game i've ever played. It's a huge world full of incredibly boring and tedious tasks. The graphics are good for the time when the game was released, but it has tons of performance issues. I had to put all the graphics options on low just to get close to 30 fps. The only real redeeming quality is the massive map, easily the biggest map i've ever seen in an open world game. Everything else is sub-par or flat out terrible. The worst part is that it's just not fun at all. A real shame. Expand
  59. Sep 12, 2013
    overrated game of the year yep it is not good at all it has one of the most terrible voice acting ever boring protagonist and very weak shooting mechanics
  60. Sep 8, 2013
    the Game optimization is very nice,all of my computers can play it over 30 fps on highest setting.
    and the prize is nice,a game dare to put a low pirce is winner.
    it is very nice to travel freely in game,i think the most fun is not kill,is travel.because some place is the same.. but if u travel,u can go through the four seasons,and the whole map is free,no need load,and no lag when go
    and the prize is nice,a game dare to put a low pirce is winner.
    but if u travel,u can go through the four seasons,and the whole map is free,no need load,and no lag when go very fast by airplane.
    shame,it not support bandicam,can not record the game,fraps is hard disk raper,i can not accept it,so i give up record this game.
  61. Sep 3, 2013
    A big, dumb, beautiful game with an interesting grapple mechanic. Really, it does what any open world game should do, and that's give you tons of freedom to go do what you want. As long as what you want involves a LOT of destruction.
  62. Aug 22, 2013
    played for 10 minutes then deleted. A game obviously designed for children, I'm just lucky i only paid $2.99 on steam. I don't understand why all forms of entertainment are being aimed more and more at children, I have loads more spare cash, disappointing....
  63. Aug 20, 2013
    As long as you don't mind a lot of explosions, and don't care much about realism or story, you will find it hard to stop playing this game. The problem with Grand Theft Auto is that it tried too hard to be realistic and gritty, and it lost track of what a sandbox like that is supposed to be, fun. Just Cause 2 works because it's Chaos system is kind of a reward for doing whatever you want;As long as you don't mind a lot of explosions, and don't care much about realism or story, you will find it hard to stop playing this game. The problem with Grand Theft Auto is that it tried too hard to be realistic and gritty, and it lost track of what a sandbox like that is supposed to be, fun. Just Cause 2 works because it's Chaos system is kind of a reward for doing whatever you want; it rewards your freedom in a way. Whether you want to sabotage a mountain military base or just throw grenades at passing cars, as long as you are blowing something up, you are progressing the game, while games like Grand Theft Auto merely let you commit mass destruction for the heck of it. The story is terrible, but that isn't what the developers focused on, and it is pretty obvious when you hear some of the voice acting, and becomes even more apparent in some of the boss fights (I won't spoil them). In summary, this is probably the ideal game to play after a stressful day at work/school, where only excessive violence can calm your nerves. There are a few issues that in most games would cause me to demote their rating, such as the occasional glitch, the inability to shoot while inside a car ect, but I have so much fun the rest of the time I can't think of giving this game anything less but a full 10. Expand
  64. Aug 15, 2013
    I have to review this because of "TheUnbiasedOne"'s review, this is clearly a right winged dream, infiltrating a country that doesn't want you there and killing anyone that disagrees with Uncle Sam.

Other than that, the game play is phenomenal, it is fun to shoot around on your grappling hook and glide with an infinite parachute. It's ridiculous of course but it is very fun, if anyone played Mercenaries 2, it's like that yet the destruction is much more rewarding. The only reason I took 2 points off is because of a significant lack of multiplayer, this game could have been one of the best sandbox do what ever the hell you want games, yet it has no multiplayer, and it kills me that they neglected it.
  65. Jul 17, 2013
    Just Cause 2 is a game that works for some people, but will strike the wrong chords with others. Starting with the good, the game is graphically exceptional, boasting beautiful environments along with a wide selection of vehicles you can use for your shenanigans. Also, If you haven't heard, Just Cause 2's environment, the island nation of Panau, is massive, both in terms of boundary toJust Cause 2 is a game that works for some people, but will strike the wrong chords with others. Starting with the good, the game is graphically exceptional, boasting beautiful environments along with a wide selection of vehicles you can use for your shenanigans. Also, If you haven't heard, Just Cause 2's environment, the island nation of Panau, is massive, both in terms of boundary to boundary size, as well as verticality. The game features a mixture of locales, such as military bases, barren deserts, snow capped mountains, a jaw dropping cliff (Which is particularly fun to drive all sorts of vehicles off of), as well as massive set pieces, such as a massive nuclear submarine. The capital city of Panau is so large that you could fit a game all of its own in that specific area without raising an eyebrow. Gameplay for the most part is fun as well, featuring boatloads of gunplay, and plenty of Easter eggs combed with hundreds of collectibles. Now the bad... I'll start with the story, as it seems to be the elephant in the room here. It's a disappointing mash up of faction feuds, communism, and Russian stereotypes. Characters are completely forgettable, and the voice acting will literally make you cringe. The people of Panau speak some sort of Vietnamese/Japanese mash up with an Australian accents. Rico delivers his fair share of cliche catch phrases, and every time you pick up a collectible, you are treated to the same awful sound byte give to you via one of the faction leaders. Gunplay can also seem broken at times, and in high points of heat, the rather low draw distance will give the appearance of enemies simply spawning out of thin air. Also worth noting, citizens of panau will scream at you in English...while the environment Iis huge, it's mostly barren, and all of the towns in the same area are just different layouts of the SAME BUILDINGS. You will also encounter building clones in the capital city, which can lead to disorientation and déjà vu. Not joking.. The missions are pretty much the same as every mediocre action shooter, drive here, shoot them, go here and hold a button. Certainly nothing revolutionary. I will end with the ridiculous, which is certainly Rico's main form of transport, the grappling hook and his unlimited supply of parachutes. While unrealistic, the combo provide an excellent way of traversing Panau, as well as providing a form of entertainment occasionally. In conclusion, Just Cause 2, is a game that shouldn't be taken seriously, and merits a console purchase of a used copy simply to run around a blow stuff up. And if you enjoy even more ludicrous gameplay, pick it up on PC and try out the multiplayer mod, which is quite a thing to behold. A mediocre package overall Expand
  66. Jul 17, 2013
    What can I say, this is an amazing game with fun, easy to learn game-play mechanics. Story is just amazingly stereotypical. The map is not only AMAZINGLY large but the map is also VERY plentiful. The interface is very well laid out with easy to see icons but still out of the way of game-play. And finally, there's the aspect of graphics, I personally think they are AMAZING, no,What can I say, this is an amazing game with fun, easy to learn game-play mechanics. Story is just amazingly stereotypical. The map is not only AMAZINGLY large but the map is also VERY plentiful. The interface is very well laid out with easy to see icons but still out of the way of game-play. And finally, there's the aspect of graphics, I personally think they are AMAZING, no, TERRIFIC. But sadly, I realize that JC2 requires quite a powerful PC to get the full affect of the beauty of this game. So, all-in-all, it's an amazing game but only if you really have the good enough PC and if you have the sense of knowing a good game. Expand
  67. Jul 15, 2013
    I'll start with the cons. I personally thought the story was pretty weak. And the first 3/4 of the game is incredibly repetitive. I almost got to the point where I was bored enough with the story to stop playing for a while. The "bosses" were the stereotype where they're nearly invincible because it takes so long to kill them even if you're shooting them in the head.

Pros: Panau is a

Pros: Panau is a huge open world environment and is easily the most beautiful game I have ever played. There are so many fun vehicles to drive and on occasion it's fun to just hop in an airplane and explore. The game play is really fun. Especially the grapple, it makes those tedious long walks between mission move along a bit quicker. The guns are also fun to use, although I would have appreciated if there were more guns to use and just an overall larger selection of things to buy in the black market.

Overall, Just Cause 2 is a great game. It's fun to play just to mess around. There are a lot of flaws but the fun gameplay easily makes you forget about it. I would recommend to anyone.
  68. Jul 14, 2013
    In a nutshell, this is a insanely fun game that has you exploring an open world, which is so massive you will take you 15 to 30 minutes (even flying a jet) to fully cross from one side to the other.
    Though on of the biggest draw factors is that there's so much to do: from hijacking cars, freefalling for minutes of cliffs, parachuting across jungles and deserts, picking fights with choppers and the enemy military, engaging in full on pursuits, complete missions and destroying bases just to name a few.
    Over time, all this does get a little repetitive, but that hasn't stopped me putting a full 50 hours into this game. Well worth it!
  69. Jul 14, 2013
    This game has so much potential, but one thing that ruins the game a lot is the negative mouse acceleration. I cant believe why anyone would do that. Makes NO sense to me. Another this that grinds my balls to dust is the saving system. If u make your way really far and then die, you´ll start over from the last checkpoint. So why even include a savingsystem if it dosent work as it should? IThis game has so much potential, but one thing that ruins the game a lot is the negative mouse acceleration. I cant believe why anyone would do that. Makes NO sense to me. Another this that grinds my balls to dust is the saving system. If u make your way really far and then die, you´ll start over from the last checkpoint. So why even include a savingsystem if it dosent work as it should? I googled a way to fix this but i bought this game on steam so it dosnt work. Expand
  70. Jul 12, 2013
    Just Cause 2 is an amazing game. Tons of fun missions, beautiful explosions, and over 100 different vehicles to find and drive. Although, the game gets very repetitive after you complete all the faction missions and the main story line. I wouldn't say this is a game to play to completion, but very fun until you get to about 40% completion.
  71. Jul 12, 2013
    This game is absolute great, especially for its price online. I found a copy for just $2.50 and I'm sure it's not hard at all to find one for ~$10 elsewhere. It's a mix of GTA with Mercenaries with a fun grappling hook and parachute combo that never gets tiring for traveling around the beautiful world.

The only things that stops this game from being a 10/10 is the very small variety of weapons, poor vehicle controls, and repetitive nature. Most of the missions feel the same, but it doesn't really matter too much because it's a lot of fun anyway.

If the gameplay mechanics weren't as fun as they are, this game easily could have been a 5/10, due to all the reasons people have listed as well as the ones above. Regardless, the most amazing $2.50 game I have ever played.
  72. Jul 3, 2013
    What an amazing game! You can fly planes, drive boats and cars, and skydive/base-jump. You can blow up tons of things. I totally agree with SPINEY when he says that the game is repetitive, which it is. After 25% the hard-core completion person will continue to 100%, the casual person will mess around, and the experimental people will start modding (if they haven't already). RepetitivenessWhat an amazing game! You can fly planes, drive boats and cars, and skydive/base-jump. You can blow up tons of things. I totally agree with SPINEY when he says that the game is repetitive, which it is. After 25% the hard-core completion person will continue to 100%, the casual person will mess around, and the experimental people will start modding (if they haven't already). Repetitiveness aside, you can explore about 400 square kilometers of land and ocean, killing any Panuans in your way. The voice acting is average. The missions are entirely subjective though. Some may like them and think they're fun and interesting, and some may completely ignore them and think they're a waste of time/use them as cash. Factions drive cars around, and it's fun to get on them and shoot stuff. You can use a ton of weapons and upgrade them. The modding community is amazing also. I recommend the first person mod, multi-player mod (maybe), and other mods may bring interest such as realistic clouds and underwater planes. I've put almost 200 hours into this game between Xbox and PC. It's a classic. Expand
  73. Jun 26, 2013
    It is a great game though its a little boring.The world is huge,and the graphics are amazing but the story missions are really hard to get but it is a really good game.
  74. Jun 24, 2013
    Definitely my favorite sandbox game of all time. One that I often come back to just to wonder around in. Lush gorgeous tropical environments that are beautifully rendered. Really fun and interesting gameplay mechanics like the grapple/dual grapple hook. Tons of sweet vehicles. I've put in about 50 hours on the game, only about 5 of those hours max were actually playing the game. The gameDefinitely my favorite sandbox game of all time. One that I often come back to just to wonder around in. Lush gorgeous tropical environments that are beautifully rendered. Really fun and interesting gameplay mechanics like the grapple/dual grapple hook. Tons of sweet vehicles. I've put in about 50 hours on the game, only about 5 of those hours max were actually playing the game. The game itself is pretty lame to be quite honest. That might sound funny but it's the truth. Rated on it's 'intended' gameplay I'd give this a much lower score. In fact, I'd love if they just threw out all the run around and shoot things and people attacking you elements, blah blah blah. Bored me to tears really. But HOT DAMN, what a sandbox. This game is definitely on the top of my list for when the Occulus Rift gets released. I'm gonna be jumping off them mountains and parachuting from helicopters for hours on end. Great on the PC with the First Person mod installed (also can't go wrong with 2 KM grappling hook.) Pure FUN FUN FUN! Expand
  75. Jun 2, 2013
    I've only had this game for two days, and I haven't even beaten its story. However, I don't even have to. All I can say is that this game is just plain amazing! It is quite possibly the best video game I have ever played. In fact, the story is the one thing about this game that I would have to say is wrong with it. It sort of does have a cruddy story that is like your average B-movie,I've only had this game for two days, and I haven't even beaten its story. However, I don't even have to. All I can say is that this game is just plain amazing! It is quite possibly the best video game I have ever played. In fact, the story is the one thing about this game that I would have to say is wrong with it. It sort of does have a cruddy story that is like your average B-movie, however, the story is not at all what this game is about. What this game is really about is its awesome gameplay. This game is open world, and has so much to see and do. One thing that this game definitely wanted to pull off was be like the average action movie. In fact, if I didn't know this game better I'd say that it was possibly satirizing action movies. However, I do know this game better, and I can safely say that if this game was going for being like an action movie, it undoubtedly succeeded. This game has so many different areas that make you feel like you're in a movie like Die Hard or the Expendables. The areas have several different destructible objects, enemies to fight, and make you feel like your character is an unstoppable war machine while the enemies are nothing more than mere toothpicks. There are also several elements in this game that are much like the average action movie as well. Does this game have you taking over enemy bases? Definitely! Does this game have car chases? Absolutely! Does this game have any other vehicle sections? Plenty! Does this game have high falls? Assortment of different weapons? A tropical island setting? You bet! Speaking of the island itself, let's move on to the graphics. These are some of the best graphics I have ever seen in a video game! They are very detailed, very beautiful, and very vibrant and colorful! There wasn't a single thing in this game that wasn't detailed properly. This game is a very beautiful sight indeed. The sound is also quite good. In fact, it is amazing! The explosions have a punch to them, the guns have just the right sound effects, and the vehicles sound just the way they should. One thing that people are bound to love about this game is how little emphasis it has on story. I have criticized story in the past, however, in this case I don't feel the need to do so. This game proves that a video game does not need a big emphasis on story to be good (I'm looking at you Assassin's Creed). The game's story is very short (only seven missions long), and the rest of the game is spent exploring, raiding bases, going on car chases, and completing faction missions. There are plenty of these faction missions all throughout the landscape of the island, and they are all unique, and a blast to play. Overall, I'd say, if you do not own this game, then what the heck are you waiting for? It's cheap on Steam (only $15). This game has everything that an action game junkie would want. It has a beautiful setting, little emphasis on story, and a giant emphasis on explosive, extremely fun and fast-paced gameplay! Buy this game right now if you do not yet own it. Do not hesitate, it really is that awesome! Expand
  76. May 23, 2013
    EPIC GAME! THE GRAPHICS ARE AMAZING ON A WINDOWS 7 LAPTOP, BUT THE WINDOWS VISTA GRAPGICS ARE NOT BAD /NOT PERFECT. I WONDER WHY THE GAME DOESN'T SUPPORT WINDOWS XP?
  77. May 15, 2013
    Very good optimization, more than decent graphics and a whole lot of gameplay possiblites. possibly the greatest and largest open world game ever made. A 100 GTA cities can take up the whole game map, no lying about that. And it's not that big without a reason, and can take over 100 hours to 100% complete.
  78. May 10, 2013
    сети.
    Good game but not enough to play multipleera.Hotelos onlain or with friends lokalnoi network.
  79. May 8, 2013
    Fantastic open world with great vistas,gamelpay and controls are great to get around the game quickly. Took a few weeks of nights away from me but well worth it, only wish more missions were available as the game was over too soon, but lots of other stuff to do that will keep you busy for some time. COME ON JUST CAUSE 3 PLEASE
  80. May 1, 2013
    Overall it's definitely worth giving this game a shot.

The gameplay can become tedious- especially if you aren't into constantly similar ways to earn "chaos" or over-the-top action. If you fall in love with the over the top action though (reminds me of the movie shoot em up really) then you will probably love this game. There are some awesome mods available for it which is nice and
    Overall it's definitely worth giving this game a shot.

There are some awesome mods available for it which is nice and the graphics are pretty good... however at the same time the cheesy story and voice acting really detracted from the experience. Some people loved that aspect but I just couldn't stand it.

Definitely worth a play through.
  81. Apr 26, 2013
    some of the best graphics i have ever seen. the multiplayer mod makes it addicting. for ten dollars on steam, this is a great deal. the controls are a bit hazardous if you don't have a controller. luckily i got one just to play this game. the map size is great for exploring in all different types of vehicles. i actually never beat the campaign because i was too busy flying and drivingsome of the best graphics i have ever seen. the multiplayer mod makes it addicting. for ten dollars on steam, this is a great deal. the controls are a bit hazardous if you don't have a controller. luckily i got one just to play this game. the map size is great for exploring in all different types of vehicles. i actually never beat the campaign because i was too busy flying and driving around. the storymode is forgettable but the opposite can be said about the multiplayer mod. go buy it. Expand
  82. Apr 19, 2013
    You got a big map, weapons, a grappling hook, a parachute and you have to make chaos. The story is really uninteresting, but the gameplay amazing. A lot of fun!
  83. Apr 2, 2013
    Loads of fun. Just Cause 2 truly understands the sand-box. It feels like like a polished mash-up of boiling point and Red-Faction Guerrilla maybe the Saboteur). First of all it gives you freedom. You can do whatever you feel like and It is all engaging. There is a plot to follow and factions to do side-missions for and endless opportunities to create chaos. The chaos will have theLoads of fun. Just Cause 2 truly understands the sand-box. It feels like like a polished mash-up of boiling point and Red-Faction Guerrilla maybe the Saboteur). First of all it gives you freedom. You can do whatever you feel like and It is all engaging. There is a plot to follow and factions to do side-missions for and endless opportunities to create chaos. The chaos will have the authorities after you which then leads to the evasion-game. I love the fact that you can shoot your way out of trouble, run, drive or para-sail away or even the hijack the chopper they bad guys sent after you.
    Travel: best I have ever seen. There is instant-travel (extraction from anywhere), stealing boats, cars, motor-bikes, planes, helicopters and then there is the hook. The grappling-hooks is so useful you will forget to walk places. There is a cool mechanic where you can use the grapple to ascend then engage your parachute to fly...then use you grapple to 'web-sling' your way around. No game has such a cool variety of transportation. If you don't become obsessed with collecting every little trinket in the game you will find hours of over-the top game-play here. Just flying a plane around to scout new locations can be entrancing. The island has a variety of terrain and the day-night cycle makes for amazing sunsets and vistas. Don't complain about the repetition in the game as this is the nature of the sand-box. Having 70% of the side missions available (after getting 20 hours worth of plot-mission value) is nothing more than gravy. This genre is not about deep plots anyway. If you want a game that is fun-to-play then look no further.
  84. Mar 29, 2013
    With 400 square miles of rugged terrain and hundreds of weapons and vehicles, Just Cause 2 defies gravity and belief. One of the best (if not the best) free-roaming games out there!
  85. Mar 21, 2013
    If this game is one thing, it is fun! Fun, something that a lot of games lack these days. The story of this game was meant to be completely stereotypical and lame, and that adds comedy to the game. There are so many things to do in Just Cause 2 that you will find you can never leave. The game has so much going for it, but only one minor problem keeps it from a 10/10: no multiplayer atIf this game is one thing, it is fun! Fun, something that a lot of games lack these days. The story of this game was meant to be completely stereotypical and lame, and that adds comedy to the game. There are so many things to do in Just Cause 2 that you will find you can never leave. The game has so much going for it, but only one minor problem keeps it from a 10/10: no multiplayer at launch. I know that someone has been developing it, in the form of a mod. But come on, this game would be so much better with vanilla multilayer! Expand
  86. Mar 21, 2013
    This game gets repetitive very fast. Every mission what you are doing for 3 different factions seem to be all the same. Its good open world game but suffers from variation between missions, this type of playing is boring and outright stupid.
  87. Mar 18, 2013
    Just Cause 2 should be able to be appreciated by any sandbox fan. If you like being able to do whatever you want, whenever you want, and approach every mission from a multitude of difference angles, this game is for you. On top of that, if you're a completionist, there are hundreds upon hundreds of gameplay hours available here. I have also spent countless hours grappling up a mountain,Just Cause 2 should be able to be appreciated by any sandbox fan. If you like being able to do whatever you want, whenever you want, and approach every mission from a multitude of difference angles, this game is for you. On top of that, if you're a completionist, there are hundreds upon hundreds of gameplay hours available here. I have also spent countless hours grappling up a mountain, just to single-handedly destroy an entire communications base with rocket launchers, then steal their helicopter, fly to the beach, then destroy a military base with missiles, causing multiple choppers to come out and have a dog fight. If my heli gets blown up, I can safely land on the ground by *pulling myself toward it* with a grappling hook or by deploying one of my infinite parachutes. Physics be damned. Realism be damned. This game is utterly ridiculous. Kill everything and everyone. Blow up all the things. If you don't like this game, you are hereby deemed clinically-depressed, a boring human being, and I hate you.
    Just Cause 2 is one of the best games I've ever played, and one of the only games I can pick up year after year and find something new to do. Poor reviews on this game disgust me and make me lose faith in humanity. Learn how to have fun, you entitled little pr!(k.
  88. Mar 15, 2013
    Amazing sandbox-style play that's set apart by the fun and interesting grappling-hook-and-parachute dynamic. The plot and acting for the story mode is sub-par, but this game is not about the story. It's about bouncing around a massive Island chain flying jets, riding bikes, attaching gas canisters to unwitting bystanders and sending them to the moon, and generally f'ing sh't up.
  89. Feb 15, 2013
    Think of this game like your favorite summer action flick: outrageous stunts, tons of explosions and light on plot.
    Just Cause 2 is effectively a playground of destruction. A lot of vehicles (on land, sea and air) and plenty of weapons.
    And the grappling hook. By far the most entertaining part of the game. It can be used to pull yourself up a building, or pull an enemy off of one. Or, you can tether two things together, such as an enemy to a rocket and watch the hilarity ensue.
    Classic example of gameplay: I'm flying an unarmed passenger plane; enemy helicopters are dogging me. I fly high up into the sky, climb out of the and jump onto the top of my plane. Plane starts losing altitude, but I wait until an enemy helicopter gets close enough. I jump, going through free fall, diving past the helicopters. Midair, I grapple onto one of the 'copters, haul myself up onto it's nose, proceed to shoot the co-pilot and then beat the pilot senseless and throw him out of the I am now flying the helicopter and I use it to shoot down the remaining enemies flying after me.
    And that's how the game goes. It wasn't part of any mission, it was just me toodling around and only a few hours into the game.
    I can't comment too much on the story, since I really haven't been paying much attention to it. Basically, you're a spy/agent and your mentor was deep undercover and went rogue; now it's up to you to find him. To do so, you need to get in good with local rebel groups (by running missions) to destabilize the tyrannical regime and flush out the rogue agent.

Problems:
    Camera shake. Nearly everything causes the camera to shake, sometimes horribly. My eyes can't really handle it and there isn't any way to turn it off. Might not be an issue for some, but it is for me.
    Mods: there are only a few, and they're somewhat useful, but nothing like an overhaul or texture packs.
    Bugs: I haven't really noticed any; although sometimes physics will wig out, but I've only seen it happen a few times. Although, I did just fall through a bridge, but it's the first time it has happened in the 30+ hours that I've been playing it.

tl;dr: playground of destruction, a lot of fun, and it's $15 on Steam. Definitely worth it.
  90. Jan 28, 2013
    The underlying theme is Just Cause 2 is fun.
    The open world aspect is amazing, the amount of vehicles you can drive, and the grapple hook steals the show. However, beyond the stunning graphics and fun game play, unfortunately, Just Cause 2 has multiple faults. Here a couple.
    The underlying theme is Just Cause 2 is fun.
    1. Repetition, throughout the whole game, there is lots of repeating yourself. Every mission is very similar, and finding the pieces to the base is SO ANNOYING, because there is always ONE that you can't find.
    2. Story line: Horrible Voice Acting: Worse
    Ok, now it was too short, too boring, too pointless . . . Overall it was bad, very bad, in fact, bad doesn't even begin to describe it.
    That is, if you are looking for a good story. but I was looking for fun, and thought it was hilarious.
    Now, what's more fun than killing a bunch of villagers, then hijacking a military helicopter as it shoots bullets at you, and then flying it up as high as you can and skydiving out of it? Or how about tying a jeep to a helicopter and using it as a wrecking ball? These features alone make the game great, but it could have been SO much better if Square Enix put some story into it, and maybe some online multiplayer. This is what gave it a 7. But hey, the game definitely had a lasting appeal, now when I'm playing GTA IV I think, where's that grapple hook when I need it? I loved and hated the game, but overall, the fun gameplay shone through the crap story line. For me at least.
  91. Jan 24, 2013
    Running around causing chaos is really quite fun! For a few hours. The grappling hook / parachute tools are cool to use, the combat works fairly well, and there are lots of vehicles to drive around in and lots of map to explore. Unfortunately, the story falls flat, and destroying random stuff for no compelling reasons gets old in a hurry. Or at least it did for me.
  92. Jan 22, 2013
    Possibly the greatest stress-relieving game ever made. Driving around the island in a Marten Storm is the most fun I've ever experienced in a video game, next to driving around the island in a Cougar 600. The game doesn't support multiplayer, but watching/taking turns with a friend is extremely entertaining. The campaign is bad. But that doesn't matter.
  93. Jan 4, 2013
    honestly in my opinion, the cutscenes, voice acting and the character are just awful..i hate his voice.
    everything else is just spot-on i cant tear myself away from this. the missions are nothing special but the game play is just awesome, run around shooting and destroying everything, upgrading and flying planes while on top of them...sweat.
  94. Jan 4, 2013
    I'll start off with the positives, and then go on to the negatives. Just Cause 2 has a grappling hook and parachute mechanic, which - when used correctly - allows you to scale buildings and jump out of planes. In the story missions there are a few big explosions, which look visually impressive. The graphics are very good, too, and it's playable on many systems. But although hopping betweenI'll start off with the positives, and then go on to the negatives. Just Cause 2 has a grappling hook and parachute mechanic, which - when used correctly - allows you to scale buildings and jump out of planes. In the story missions there are a few big explosions, which look visually impressive. The graphics are very good, too, and it's playable on many systems. But although hopping between cars, planes and boats is entertaining, it's only enjoyable for a few hours before it gets old. It's worth noting that there are lots of people claiming that this game has a fully - or mostly - destructible world. It doesn't - there are a couple of things that look different when you blow them up, and that's it -- just to clear that claim up.
    Now, then, on to the bad things. Firstly, the voice acting is awful. It is without doubt the worse voice acting in any game I have played, bar none. The game is set on some sort of island in south Asia, so all of the voices - from the main protagonist to the least important character - are Americans putting on atrocious Asian accents. You might not think that bad voice acting can let the game down, but it cannot be avoided here. The missions are repetitive and necessary for progress; I actually ended up giving up on the game eventually because the missions' repetitiveness wasn't justified by the bland storyline. The story is just bad. You have no idea what's going on and just seem to be doing things for no real reason - and that's because the game tells you what's happening at the start, and by the end of the first mission you have forgotten. The other main problem with it is the open world - it is a sandbox game, but no one of any importance exists in it except yourself, which reiterates my point about the game getting boring quickly.
    Overall, a fun game for a few hours - good, looking, too - but massively let down by its exceptionally bad voice acting, uncompelling story, dull world and horrendous repetitiveness.
  95. Dec 28, 2012
    The problem and why I think this game has such mixed reviews is that people are focusing on one aspect of the game in their review and getting bogged down in it. The fun to Just Cause 2 is how open it is and what all it provides for you to do. Yes, if you focus solely on collecting the stupid collectables, you will get bored (it does get pretty boring) but you don't have to do that, nor doThe problem and why I think this game has such mixed reviews is that people are focusing on one aspect of the game in their review and getting bogged down in it. The fun to Just Cause 2 is how open it is and what all it provides for you to do. Yes, if you focus solely on collecting the stupid collectables, you will get bored (it does get pretty boring) but you don't have to do that, nor do you have to focus solely on the missions. The main point to Just Cause 2 is to "cause chaos," a seemingly cliche way to tell the player to do whatever the heck they want to blow stuff up and have fun to progress to further missions. I've played over 150 hours and still found new, fun things to mess around with, the most recent being grappling a truck to a helicopter and swinging it around to the speed that it starts swinging my helicopter around. Basically, it comes down to this: If you're into games that push you (the player) to make decisions about how you want to play the game and to make the game fun and unique to you (whether you fast travel everywhere, drive and take in the gorgeous sights, or hijack helicopters and fly everywhere), you will enjoy this game. If you enjoy open world exploration and the freedom to try crazy ridiculous stuff, you'll enjoy this game.
    However, if you're looking for a strict, linear, engaging story telling experience, you probably won't enjoy this game. If you're looking for a realistic portrayal of physics and gunplay, you probably won't enjoy this game.
    Personally, I find the game's story to be absurd and insane -- which I feel is the point. I think they wanted to focus more on the content and free-roaming nature and I feel they did a very good job of that and it got me on board with the crazy storyline. The voice acting adds to this ridiculousness, it's almost that they don't want you to take the story seriously, and so that's how I approached it. My personal opinion is the negative reviews this game is receiving are because players are expecting the game to tell them or show them explicitly new and fun things to do, where Just Cause 2 pushes for creativity. Yeah, you could simply walk up to that radio tower and shoot it and be done, but what if you hijacked the helicopter over there, grappled a car to it and used the car as a wrecking ball to smash the tower? Then when your plan falls apart and you accidentally crash the helicopter into the tower instead, you can hop in the car and drive off. You, as the player, have to have some vision in order to see all the potential and fun there is in the game. There's things to collect and upgrade, there's things to destroy, there's semblance of progress, and there is an immense amount of fun all in Just Cause 2, you just have to be open to playing around and trying ridiculous things.
  96. Dec 19, 2012
    TL;DR Amazing in exploration and free roaming, not much in anything else.

TL;DR Amazing in exploration and free roaming, not much in anything else.

For starters, the list of good things is the only thing that redeems this game really. The grapple/parachute and ability to go anywhere at any time really set the game apart in the beginning. Hell, if you're like me, you might not even want to finish the story, because flying around, blowing **** up, having speed races, suiciding things with explosives, etc. is just so much more fun. The graphics aren't mind-blowing but the scope of the map and the visuals are not bad by any means.

Outside of those 2 things, the game is almost reminiscent of one of those $5 games on the shelf at some random department store. The voice acting is atrocious and the story and quests are horrible. To 100% the game is literal insanity and you might not even get that far because some bug will stick you at 99.5% (now fixed I think but it does not stop the pain of those before it). Outside of doing what you want, the game is literally "go here, kill someone/steal something, come back". The most enjoyable moments of the story, by far, is the opening missions when you figure out that the grapple can throw cars off a bridge during a police chase.

Really, this game would not even be the sandbox we know if it didn't have the grapple/chute and the developers locked the different zones/islands in the beginning. If you're playing it for anything else, you're gonna have a bad time.
  97. Dec 16, 2012
    I would like to write more but since everything has been already said I will just sum up; the game is extremely addictive, beautiful, entertaining and rewarding. For me it is the best open world game, far far ahead of overrated GTA 4 which is total opposite - frustrating, repetitive and boring. I just loved JC2 2 years ago and I still do and play it from time to time.
  98. Dec 13, 2012
    Open world GTA clone where you play as a hispanic terrorist spiderman flying around some unnamed indonesian islands. Absolutely gigantic world with a ridiculous "action movie" plot filled with ninjas, Michael Bay explosions, air-dropped rocket launchers, and just about every vehicle you can imagine. I spent over 100 hours on this game to 100% it and it's one of the few games I have feltOpen world GTA clone where you play as a hispanic terrorist spiderman flying around some unnamed indonesian islands. Absolutely gigantic world with a ridiculous "action movie" plot filled with ninjas, Michael Bay explosions, air-dropped rocket launchers, and just about every vehicle you can imagine. I spent over 100 hours on this game to 100% it and it's one of the few games I have felt compelled to max out. Even without the multiplayer mod this is worth picking up considering how cheap it is now. Expand
  99. Nov 30, 2012
    The open-end aspect of this game is disappointing and meaningless. I spent hours trying to locate and destroy last piece of government property just so I can capture the settlement. I also hate the idea of running around collecting weapon and vehicle parts that are scattered the whole map. It is repetitive and boring. Weapon and vehicle parts upgrade could have been more meaningful if IThe open-end aspect of this game is disappointing and meaningless. I spent hours trying to locate and destroy last piece of government property just so I can capture the settlement. I also hate the idea of running around collecting weapon and vehicle parts that are scattered the whole map. It is repetitive and boring. Weapon and vehicle parts upgrade could have been more meaningful if I get larger sum by attacking real-difficult-to-reach mountain and military bases. I have the grappling hook don't I? But no, more than half of the mission enemy or boss rarely put up with a challenge. Instead, I spend majority amount of hours trying to be like a dragon-ball collector looking at radar to pick up weapon/vehicle parts. If you are reading this by now, it is 2012. Skip this game and go for something else. Expand
  100. Nov 17, 2012
    I am giving this a 10, solely based on the amount of freakin' fancy I've got.

Sure, gameplay is repetitive and the voice acting starts sucking very quickly. I have only one purpose for this game: Every night, before I get to sleep, I do a few spectacular aerial tours of the entire landscape, using the following mod...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmtHD60pL6Y This has greatly helped me
    I am giving this a 10, solely based on the amount of freakin' fancy I've got.

This has greatly helped me with my lucid dreaming and anyone who has even the slightest interest in lucid dreaming should make this a mandatory exercise on a regular basis...Enjoy!!!
  101. Sep 5, 2010
    I've seen too many people jump too conclusions with this game. Many people focus solely on the open-end aspect, saying "Wow, the land you can explore is amazingly huge". When you broaden your sights on the major aspects which make a great game you see Just Cause 2 misses a few crucial aspects. First off is variety: After you've completed 30% of the game you realise you've been doing theI've seen too many people jump too conclusions with this game. Many people focus solely on the open-end aspect, saying "Wow, the land you can explore is amazingly huge". When you broaden your sights on the major aspects which make a great game you see Just Cause 2 misses a few crucial aspects. First off is variety: After you've completed 30% of the game you realise you've been doing the same thing over and over. Blowing up fuel tanks, knocking over transmission towers and going through the tedious hi-jack animation. It all becomes a bit tiresome.

The voice acting is some parts is terrible. Sometimes the voice stops but the lip-sync animation still runs for seconds after. And in other parts it sounds like the developers are patronising people who actually have accents of those portrayed in the game. The story, no doubt a crucial part of any game is lacking with the ending being unbearably corny. There a plethora of bugs yet to be fixed. Such as the faulty Heat-system (think of the 6 stars in GTA). Many timer I find myself with no enemies around yet my heat refuses to decrease. Also if you are stand right up to a wall and fire you grapple the animation of you hand puts the grapple through the wall, and he doesn't grapple on anything. Apart from all that, the game does have some interesting features. Grappling two objects (or people) never seems to get old. And you do get some pretty hilarious moments. But overall, this game could have a lot improved.

1. One of the most enjoyable sandboxes for players to experiment in this side of Grand Theft Auto. [Issue#204, p.86]
  2. Just Cause 2 can hardly be called an average game. It's a good one undermined by a selection of mediocre elements, and it's all the more frustrating this time around because Avalanche shows us glimpses of just how much fun two weeks on holiday with Rico should be. [Apr 2010, p.96]
  3. Just Cause 2 is a sequel that outdoes the original with gripping gameplay, exquisite visuals and a variety of missions that will keep you playing longer than you might expect. If you're an action fan, you need this.