Just Cause PC

7.3

1. TomM.
    Mar 16, 2007
    Worst game I have ever seen, lots of bugs, the A.I is predictable and there is no such ting as ragdoll. People die and fall down like they do on CS 1.6. Its just too bad they didn't finish the game, it could have been so much better if the bugs were fixed and if they made a better job with the missions. The idea is not bad.
  2. Keydub
    Oct 15, 2006
    Almost as bad a Driv3r! DO NOT BUY THIS GAME ITS TERRIBLE, stick with GTA San Andreas its still the best!
  3. DavidP.
    Aug 26, 2006
    What a disapointment! Months of hype, excellent pictures and some fanstastic video and we end up with a turkey! If this demo is indicative of the finished games then I wont be wasting my money. The AI is basic, the "freeform" exploration actually punctuated with new missions and constant barrages "complete the mission" the vehicles are impossible to drive and despite playing this over and What a disapointment! Months of hype, excellent pictures and some fanstastic video and we end up with a turkey! If this demo is indicative of the finished games then I wont be wasting my money. The AI is basic, the "freeform" exploration actually punctuated with new missions and constant barrages "complete the mission" the vehicles are impossible to drive and despite playing this over and over again I have yet to discover the grappling hook ! It is also seems to lurch from extreme difficulty ie land self on moving car and kill god like boss, to arcade simplicity when taking on 100's of tooled up police who will barely damage your own god like health! All in all a game best avoided if the demo is anything to go on. Expand
  4. Keydub
    Sep 24, 2006
  5. BlorgB.
    Jan 21, 2007
    I bought this game, wich was my first mistake....couldn't belive how a tilte like this can be shipped. Its way to buggy on a 360 ...and I've heard its even worse on the PC. Gameplay is mindless, I've played freeware better than this.
  6. JhonBogerty
    Oct 15, 2006
    Bought it, sold it, regretted ever looking at it.
  7. Chris
    Jul 19, 2007
    Bad controls. no storyline. a cheap,shallow GTA spin-off.
  8. MagnusLund
    May 6, 2009
    89 vehicles that all look and handles like poop.
    250.000 acres of tropical island that all look the same.
    303 unimaginative and bland missions. this game is truly about quantity over quality....sadly. the rest of the stuff- AI, Combat, controls, sounds, graphics, story, gameplay etc etc. can all be summed up in one word: TERRIBLE. the game gets 1 point for the parachuting/para
    89 vehicles that all look and handles like poop.
    250.000 acres of tropical island that all look the same.
    303 unimaginative and bland missions.

this game is truly about quantity over quality....sadly.

the game gets 1 point for the parachuting/para sailing which is the only thing that they have done right in this game.

in other words, stay the hell away from this game, even if you find it as a bargain deal, like I did, it's still not worth the money. AVOID AT ALL "CAUSE"(ok lame pun but whatever :-P )
  9. Sam
    Aug 31, 2007
    Demo was fun but the game got boring after just a few hours. GTA ripoff, no storyline. Every mission was "kill this guy" or "retrieve this item."
  10. SourceCS
    Dec 19, 2008
    The good things:
    You can be a passanger, when hp is low slomo activates, lots of stunts, mounted guns on vehicles, multiple weapons that you can switch between (in a vehicle ofcourse), nice graphics, good features in PDA. Weapons, vehicles, guns ar availabel in safe house and they are diffrent in every safehouse, parachute feature is great, lock'on target feature.
    The Bad things:
    The good things:
    The Bad things:
    Every time you change graphics you have to restart, laggy on low graphics (high graphics gave me best performence), nothing to do in free roam besides kill, get bounty, hijack. Tereble controls when sweeming under water, borring missions, borring gameplay, bad hadlings on a ground vehicles, Lame AIs, retardet pursuits.
    I rated 3 cause it's borring. The game is woth attention, but not worth buying it
  11. Nov 24, 2013
    If you like GTA, Don't EVER buy this game, it will bug the Hells out of you (Story, graphic, characters motion, music, everythings). Buy San andreas instead.
  12. Dec 30, 2015
    Note's a bit harsh since I played this in 2015, but even when it came out I remember playing it for the first time and not going very far due to the game's gross limitations in its design.

Pros: -World is big -Hero is basically superman and allows for a lot of mindless shooting/fighting -Some interesting bases for the series were thrown here like the grappling hook(only works on

Pros:
    -World is big
    -Hero is basically superman and allows for a lot of mindless shooting/fighting
    -Some interesting bases for the series were thrown here like the grappling hook(only works on cars) and the parachute

That's it really.

Cons:
    -Looks bad. I know it's old, but even for old, I just find the character models to be an early 2000 thing rather than a late one. Jungle looks alright, but towns all look alike, and some feel very much like chunks of town copypasted all over the map.
    -No memorable music
    -Very mediocre story, not the terrible kind, not the so bad it's good kind, just an uninteresting and boring basic story with no value. Same applies to the characters, although I found Rico to be somewhat cool.

None of this is that bad though, because Just Cause as a series is all about the fun that the gameplay provides.

And uuuuuugh.

Controls in general aren't very satisfying. Shooting your guns is imprecise so you have to get a close-ish range for most fights. Moving around isn't exactly very fluid. Control in cars and vehicles is however ludicrous. It works, sure, but the entire physics engine is just the most basic thing in the game: if you hit a rock at 140km/h, you'll go to 0 in 0 seconds. You spin out of control very easily, controls are rough and unpleasant in general, with a lot of simplistic driving mechanics that force you to go through the same motions at every curve.
    Enemy AI certainly won't help, on cars it's ridiculously predictable and it brings zero fun to the game. On foot it shoots you decently enough.
    Parachute also sucks to control, so there's no fun in anything that's not you on foot.

The game is usually about 3 things:
    -Driving around
    -Shooting people
    -Shooting people in a battle

The diversity in the gameplay thanks to the grappling hook and stuff to destroy in later games simply doesn't exist here. All you have is a huge map with lots of copypasted villages and cities and some missions that are usually about shooting more stuff, and you go from settlement to settlement, mission to mission, driving with poor mechanics, then shooting some enemies, shooting them in a town, shooting them in a field, shooting them near a mansion...

The problem really is with the going around IMHO, the shooting lacks diversity and hasn't got great control, but it certainly has some fun in it. The entirety of the game very quickly tires however, between the general ugliness, lack of diversity, very poor driving, and the crappy AIs that either don't provide much challenge or outright get in your way when they're supposed to help (kudos on these guerillero ass*oles when I'm trying to gun down a chopper with the machine gun on their trucks and they get on the wheel and drive us AWAY from my target without me being able to stop them!), and some other bugs and glitches, and the auto-aim with all armed vehicles, and the list goes on and on, all I can say is that the repetition and general poor design completely crush the novelties of this game, which were far more intelligently designed in its sequel.
  13. Jun 21, 2015
    Decido darle una segunda oportunidad al titulo. Inicio el juego, no me dicen nada de lo que pasa, salto de un helicóptero y toca matar gente. Por qué? No tengo idea, creo que todo el juego son excusas para matar. Pensaba hacer al menos 5 misiones a ver si lo soportaba, pero ni eso me dura sin errores. Inicio el juego y no tiene su traducción, ni al menos subtítulos al español, de echo todoDecido darle una segunda oportunidad al titulo. Inicio el juego, no me dicen nada de lo que pasa, salto de un helicóptero y toca matar gente. Por qué? No tengo idea, creo que todo el juego son excusas para matar. Pensaba hacer al menos 5 misiones a ver si lo soportaba, pero ni eso me dura sin errores. Inicio el juego y no tiene su traducción, ni al menos subtítulos al español, de echo todo esta en ingles sin posibilidad de cambiarlo. De hay intento abrir el paracaídas y no se puede, no se si fue mi teclado pero la segunda ves que intente al reiniciar me funciono. Pero cuando caí al agua la cámara no subía a la superficie. Imagínate que es GTASA y saltas al agua, pero la maldita cámara solo te deja ver a tu personaje desde los pies y no puedes subirla. Eso me paso. De hay intento de nuevo y paso una mision, de hay pienso que tal ves la cosa mejore, pero un carro me atropella y quedo atrapado en un bug en el que estoy encerrado en mi moto mientras atravieso un carro sin la posibilidad ni de mover la propia moto.

Supongo que es un juego de matar y una mala historia para ocultar que eso es todo. No lo complete y no lo completare, es perder el tiempo para ser honesto.

Le daría un 4, pero sin ninguna traducción y 3 bugs en solo 5 minutos de juego. No vale la pena ni para matar el tiempo.
  14. Sep 30, 2014
    It is not a good game for shooting type ,i don't like it.....the soldiers keep on coming here and there ,after even we shoot them .....the still come again and again ....

1. You’ll have a fun time breaking the law to overthrow a government and not even know who you’re working for.
  2. It may not be the deepest kid in the class, but it sure does know how to have fun at recess.
  3. Computer Games Magazine
    Just Cause adds some crazy skydiving, car surfing, and a grappling hook that lets you parasail, but its storyline missions are kind of dull and predictable. [Jan. 2007, p.72]