5.7

1. D_S
    Aug 22, 2010
    Forget constructive criticism, I just can't understand why this garbage is allowed to exist and why money grubbing developers are allowed to make a profit off of it. Stay at least 10.5 Kilometers away from this putrid, gimmicky, console-oriented trash.
  2. Jan 11, 2011
    Gears of War (which is bad) with shakycam (bad) and shakycam (bad) and shakycam (bad) and a poor excuse for a story that's more about trying to offend you rather than make any coherent sense (very bad!). Also two and a half hours long.
  3. Aug 17, 2010
    I didn't know a game shorter than Call of Duty existed. This game proved me wrong. The visual 'artifacts' are just used to cover up the crappy textures and shoddy AI. The animation of the characters was horrible as well. Its just a poor shooter overall. I admit the online was kinda fun for a while, but I imagine its going to be dead in a few months. Rent it, or pick it up from the bargainI didn't know a game shorter than Call of Duty existed. This game proved me wrong. The visual 'artifacts' are just used to cover up the crappy textures and shoddy AI. The animation of the characters was horrible as well. Its just a poor shooter overall. I admit the online was kinda fun for a while, but I imagine its going to be dead in a few months. Rent it, or pick it up from the bargain bin in a years time, but I really can't recommend buying this at full price. Expand
  4. Aug 17, 2010
    Total failure. Story is boring and short. Cover system is broken. Some enemies are like minibosses. AI is straightforward, just rushing at you. More and more... I just can't think of a good thing about this game. Stay away. And don't even believe any of the review(er)s that gave this game a good score.
  5. Aug 17, 2010
    I hate the film grain. I hate the shaking camera... but when you remove both, the silly game just looks like PS2 graphics. I would definitely not recommend this game to anyone. The shooting felt boring and repetitive. After the first 5 minutes, you've seen all. The multilayer modes are basically all the same with little twists. And seriously, I played through the whole game in 2 hours onI hate the film grain. I hate the shaking camera... but when you remove both, the silly game just looks like PS2 graphics. I would definitely not recommend this game to anyone. The shooting felt boring and repetitive. After the first 5 minutes, you've seen all. The multilayer modes are basically all the same with little twists. And seriously, I played through the whole game in 2 hours on the easiest difficulty level. Expand
  6. Aug 18, 2010
    much better than the first one. the visual style, the whole grimey feeling of the game is amazing, plus i cant stop playing the multiplayer. recommended!!!!!
  7. Aug 19, 2010
    A very bad game, with poor game mechanics and a terrible story. I recommend you read Destructoid's review of this game before even considering a purchase.
  8. Aug 19, 2010
    I can't believe it's IO Interactive. More like CITY Interactive. K&L2 is like a horrible shooter from Poland. No story, no gameplay, no scripts, no videos, no damn ending scene, NOTHING at all. Total waste of money and time. Don't buy it. If you never played K&L - then buy first game, it's so much better than this crap.
    P.S. Oh, and crappy fullscreen effects blow your mind - disable them
    P.S. Oh, and crappy fullscreen effects blow your mind - disable them and see awful graphics, which is worse than in K&L1.
  9. Aug 19, 2010
    Kane & Lynch 2 is badly designed, linear, reach-next-checkpoint type of game with only one gameplay twist on the way. Hiding behind covers is bugged, shooting difficult due to high 'drunken factor' of weapons. Although I liked the main characters and Die Hard like style, the game is treating them (which makes player wonder, how much they can take), it just wasn't enough to keep me playingKane & Lynch 2 is badly designed, linear, reach-next-checkpoint type of game with only one gameplay twist on the way. Hiding behind covers is bugged, shooting difficult due to high 'drunken factor' of weapons. Although I liked the main characters and Die Hard like style, the game is treating them (which makes player wonder, how much they can take), it just wasn't enough to keep me playing from beginning to end on a single run... which is just another flaw, because finishing the game takes 4-5 hours on Medium difficulty. Speaking of difficulty, developers haven't taken any original approach - it's just more and more enemies at once with every level, which reaches it's ridiculous apogee at the end of game, where game throws at player 20-25 enemies at once.
    Graphics aren't that bad, but they fill empty without post-processing, with it the game looks more like a movie recorded with bad digital camcorder - it's kind of beautiful, but very annoying at the same time. Not everybody likes such a style of graphics, but unfortunately everybody will find it annoying sometimes - post-processing just makes the game hard to play. Also the level design is far from perfect - the levels aren't that original! They are flat and even destructible environment doesn't help them much.

Overall - For the first hour, I had quite a good time playing it, until I've started to realise how linear and finally boring it is... and then in one level the game faded to black and the credits rolled - in the most unexpected moment, I've ever witnessed in video games. I wouldn't call it a bad game (I've played worse), but even with such a greatly designed characters as Kane and Lynch and a cooperative mode, the number of flaws is so overwhelming, that it makes it barely even a mediocre game.
  10. Aug 19, 2010
    Look of the game is fantastic and innovative but...game play is terrible and characters/story underwritten. Absolute wasted opportunity. Makes Dead Men look like a classic in comparison. Epic fail as people say.
  11. Aug 21, 2010
    This game is intense, original and in your face. The characters are realistic and the voice acting and sound effects are superb. If you like "Die Hard" action flicks, and you would like to up the ante by several hundred percent, then this game/film is for you. I never played the first one due to so many bad reviews, and I have only played this one for 3 hours so far. The AI is usuallyThis game is intense, original and in your face. The characters are realistic and the voice acting and sound effects are superb. If you like "Die Hard" action flicks, and you would like to up the ante by several hundred percent, then this game/film is for you. I never played the first one due to so many bad reviews, and I have only played this one for 3 hours so far. The AI is usually clever, and I think playing this game on anything other than easy level would be quite a challenge for your average gamer. I like to experiment and experience different effects on the game play experience. I am using the film grain and camera shake effects on easy level for the first run through the story, and then I will up the difficulty without effects for a second run. There are no other games like this. It contains some disturbing scenes, and these are handled as tastefully as one could possibly achieve without actually editing them out. This title deserves high praise. I recommend it to mature adults that can handle and sometimes enjoy something outside the square. Expand
  12. Aug 21, 2010
    I love this game :) Dark, grimy and awesome gameplay. This doesn't play like MW2 or L4D2 or any other shooter I've played, which is why I guess I like it so much. The enemy AI moves fairly predictably after a couple of attempts to clear a stage, but to be honest, this is not a 100 hour single player game. I didn't buy it to last forever, I bought it for the buzz of the game.

Each

Each stage requires different flanking techniques and there are several directions to get to where you're going. Could do with more things that go bang I think though.

Haven't tried MP yet, still getting the practice in. Play the demo, and if you like it, buy the game. I think it rocks.
  13. Aug 23, 2010
    I loved this game, it is short but very intense. I thought the camera work and grainy look really added to the atmosphere, and I felt like I was tagging along with two very insane gunmen. The story is pretty gritty and I really enjoyed the way the progression went along. I wouldn't say that the AI is the best, but overall I didn't feel like it detracted from the overall experience. TheI loved this game, it is short but very intense. I thought the camera work and grainy look really added to the atmosphere, and I felt like I was tagging along with two very insane gunmen. The story is pretty gritty and I really enjoyed the way the progression went along. I wouldn't say that the AI is the best, but overall I didn't feel like it detracted from the overall experience. The multi-player is really a blast as well! Expand
  14. Aug 24, 2010
    Liked the attempt at the gritty/realism style, but the controls were imperfect. I uninstalled this one early after replaying the same stupid section (and watching the same stupid unskippable minute-long cutscene that started the section) ten stupid times.
  15. Jul 26, 2014
    *Review Deleted
    ****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
  16. Sep 3, 2010
    Wow another epic fail. BUT at least this one didnt try so hard to hide it.

Like the swab or recent duck pop up ... duck pop up.. shooters that are pouring out of the industry (WHY WHY?) Kane & lynch 2 offers nothing really new or exciting. This is, a good thing in my opinion. For once a game that knows its going to be linear.. simple.. and not contrived while hiding under the guise of a
    Wow another epic fail. BUT at least this one didnt try so hard to hide it.

This is, a good thing in my opinion. For once a game that knows its going to be linear.. simple.. and not contrived while hiding under the guise of a fancy backdrop with fancy cars.
    You get what you see here.
    The battles are intense when in them, and the load times are very well done, but I couldnt help but feel that I just wanted the game to be over instead of playing it. Yep its one of those folks. Hurry up! Play it, beat it and erase the sucker for space on the hard drive for better games.

This game at least has some areas of understanding its limits. Wish I could say the same for other titles (see mafia II for details)
  17. Sep 8, 2010
    This game blows. Worth a 3 but gave it a big fat Z E R O (0) to offset positive reviews by people who got paid by the makers. This game blows. Worth a 3 but gave it a big fat Z E R O (0) to offset positive reviews by people who got paid by the makers. This game blows. Worth a 3 but gave it a big fat Z E R O (0) to offset positive reviews by people who got paid byThis game blows. Worth a 3 but gave it a big fat Z E R O (0) to offset positive reviews by people who got paid by the makers. This game blows. Worth a 3 but gave it a big fat Z E R O (0) to offset positive reviews by people who got paid by the makers. This game blows. Worth a 3 but gave it a big fat Z E R O (0) to offset positive reviews by people who got paid by the makers. This game blows. Worth a 3 but gave it a big fat Z E R O (0) to offset positive reviews by people who got paid by the makers. This game blows. Worth a 3 but gave it a big fat Z E R O (0) to offset positive reviews by people who got paid by the makers. Expand
  18. Sep 6, 2010
    I nominate Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days as one of 2010's worst game. Forget constructive criticisms, I already lost enough time "playing" that piece of garbage!
  19. Dec 24, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is kinda good game but no people playing this game,Story? The most fu** you ending ever. Good job Eidos for wasting my money for this sheety game. >:( Expand
  20. Oct 2, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Monotonous and not interesting. Weak plot, wretched graphics This is not a shooter, it's just a shooting gallery. A positive I can note only one thing, it's a fun camera. Expand
  21. Oct 3, 2010
    Really a crap game made by- and for- people who think mindless swearing and a lack of imagination is cool . 2 points for the look of singapore, or shanghai, or whatever.
  22. Jun 19, 2011
    Don't listen to the haters. Actually this game was really fun and is almost one of best cooperative games I ever played. Visual effects were really good, I have never seen before such filters. I truly loved it. At beginning I didn't like the weapons since I couldn't hit with them, however later you get better weapons.
    Kane & Lynch 2 Dog Days is for real gamers.
  23. Nov 25, 2010
    If you enjoy PC games then this is NOT for you. Not in the slightest. The game fails miserably at the control part. It's unplayable. Unless you got a xbox/ps3 controller lying around.
    Only the force unleashed beats this port in being useless. I usually write half-page long reviews but this doesn't deserve it, not anywhere near.
  24. Nov 8, 2010
    i loved this game and the original have not encountered The @#$%^'s of hacks that are in modern warfare. Wish the weapons were scoped Then again i just got it maybe later you can look down the scope.
  25. Nov 25, 2010
    While it has nice graphics, poor control and a broken cover system kill this shooter. To make up for the pedestrian AI, the designers gave your enemies dead aim (they can hit you even behind cover while shooting blindly over obstacles) while your automatic weapons spray bullets without hitting anything. The makers wanted to go for the roving "realistic" camera look but it's just annoyingWhile it has nice graphics, poor control and a broken cover system kill this shooter. To make up for the pedestrian AI, the designers gave your enemies dead aim (they can hit you even behind cover while shooting blindly over obstacles) while your automatic weapons spray bullets without hitting anything. The makers wanted to go for the roving "realistic" camera look but it's just annoying and you'll turn it off after the first few minutes. Pretty much meh even for the bargain price they offered on Steam. Expand
  26. Nov 26, 2010
    Big fail.....no story at all, just killing. The game play is bad. I spent $60 for such a damn stupid game.....
    Couldn't believe some people give 10 to this game....
  27. Nov 26, 2010
    This game is a blast. Most of the bad reviews on this game seem to come from complete idiots. You can skip cut scenes (hit enter). you can change your controls if you don't like them. and if you don't install your video card drivers, the graphics might be bad (and should be bad for EVERY game you play).

There are a few things that you should think about before getting this game though. if you don't like things that look like they were shot from a reporters camera, then this game isn't for you. It's almost like you are watching some crazy documentary. There is also a fair amount of gore in the game. They cover up some of it with a censor mosaic which to give it that documentary feel.

the game is also pretty short. but multiplayer is fantastic, and extends the life of the game. Someone said the cover system is broken, and this is partly true. to go into more detail, sometimes you take cover and will slip out of cover. It's never been so bad that I died because of it, but it's a little irritating at times. Also, you can adjust your control scheme pretty easily in the options to suit your gamestyle, but if you are used to wasd then you have the basics covered.

The story is also no Homers Odyssey, but it's still fantastic. I don't see how it's "boring" as it's more/better story than 90% of shooters out there today. and last, the graphics are amazing. the guy saying they look like ps2 graphics needs to go back and play ps2 again and maybe install his graphics drivers (or not play it on a 486).
  28. Nov 27, 2010
    I really, really want to love these series. And I do to a degree. I really dug the grainy film like play, but you've got to already have a love for that sort of thing. The story is pretty straight forward, though you never really get an idea of whats truly going on in the grand scheme of things. Just like you wouldn't if you were in their positions. This series could be so much moreI really, really want to love these series. And I do to a degree. I really dug the grainy film like play, but you've got to already have a love for that sort of thing. The story is pretty straight forward, though you never really get an idea of whats truly going on in the grand scheme of things. Just like you wouldn't if you were in their positions. This series could be so much more than it is, and each time they come out with one, its just so close to being fantastic, which makes me come back for more just incase the next one hits it square on the head.

I'd recommend this puppy for those who liked the first one. For the veteran gamers who're more into game play, this may not be for you. But if you enjoy a good, action style story and find this on sale for about $10-$20 (being generous too), I'd go for it.
  29. Dec 18, 2010
    It's done the camera idea so well that it looks like a dog vomited on my screen. The action is alright, the story is fair and the game has enough swearing to last a lifetime.
  30. May 18, 2011
    At a $5 price tag, this game is so worth it. It's on the short side and has no plot whatsoever, but has great non-stop gory action, good selection of different guns, and controlling two nude-crazed lunatics through the streets of Shanghai--just priceless. Lynch is a complete mad man--so much comedy listening to him rant. Add nearly 50 Steam achievements...co-op...and multi-player...whatAt a $5 price tag, this game is so worth it. It's on the short side and has no plot whatsoever, but has great non-stop gory action, good selection of different guns, and controlling two nude-crazed lunatics through the streets of Shanghai--just priceless. Lynch is a complete mad man--so much comedy listening to him rant. Add nearly 50 Steam achievements...co-op...and multi-player...what more could you ask for?

WARNING: Whatever you do make sure you enable steadycam before you play this game, otherwise you will vomit in about 5 minutes; although it still won't help you through the cut scenes.

1. PC Format
    Dec 25, 2010
    A massive upgrade on the first game, but don't blame us if you get a bit tired of shooting people in the face. [Issue#244, p.106]
  2. AceGamez
    The best advice i can give is to trust your own instincts: even after reading this, if the concept and setting still appeal to you, definitely give it a chance. Just don't expect to feel the same way when it's over.
  3. Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days is an interesting beast because it really shouldn't exist. Outside of a unique art style it brings nothing new to the genre and does little to improve over the original game, which I might add, was far from a good game.