Karateka PC

4.8

1. Aug 4, 2013
    While I’ve never thoroughly played the original I get the feeling that this is a more or less faithful remake although probably with toned down difficulty for today’s audience, thanks to the addition of audio cues during combat and several “lives” (instead of just one). The only thing I can fault with the new Karateka is that they’re asking $10 for a (literally) linear game that can beWhile I’ve never thoroughly played the original I get the feeling that this is a more or less faithful remake although probably with toned down difficulty for today’s audience, thanks to the addition of audio cues during combat and several “lives” (instead of just one). The only thing I can fault with the new Karateka is that they’re asking $10 for a (literally) linear game that can be completed in just 30 minutes. If you can grab this game on sale or if you’re a die-hard Karateka fan then it may be worth a look. Expand

1. CD-Action
    Feb 6, 2013
    Karateka is just a series of painfully repetitive QTE. The idea of combining a brawler with a rhythm game is cool but in my opinion it’s not enough for anything more than a minigame in some bigger title.[CD-Action 02/2013, p.63]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Feb 4, 2013
    Remake of an 80's classic arcade hit cannot prevail over modern competition. You can try to spend few moments in the fight but the results are unsatisfactory. [Jan 2013]
  3. Jan 7, 2013
    Karateka is a nice remake but it feels more like a mini-game than a full fledged product. The game lasts less than an hour and it is even less articulated than the original one.