7.9

1. Mar 20, 2013
    many features for an early development game and i really enjoy the level of freedom. definetly worth the 15 bucks and just the thought that all this came from one guy is crazy iam all in!
  2. Apr 2, 2013
    Kenshi is a sandbox game with elements from both RPG and RTS. It's still under development and still has quite a bit to go to be anywhere near completion.
    That being said, it's been long since I played anything as original and complex. In a world of generic console ports, this game stands out as a diamond in the rough.
    You can play it as a single character or as a larger group. You can

You can play it as a single character or as a larger group. You can roam the lands with its post-apocalyptic like setting as a trader or a bandit, or you can start your own outpost and defend it against attackers.

If it in ready state will fulfill half of what it seems to promise, it will be a clear cut 9'er, but as of now I believe it earns the 7 I gave it.

Ps Sound has not been added yet, so whip out your media-player for some background music.
  3. Mar 31, 2013
    When I first saw this game I was doubtful. Then i watched a trailer or two and played the demo. Then I thought "This game has the potential to be a great game." It is still in Alpha so you would either have to cash in your bets and go early release and get a good game for a cheaper price or if they do something horrible then you're stuck with it. You have to judge it and pray that theWhen I first saw this game I was doubtful. Then i watched a trailer or two and played the demo. Then I thought "This game has the potential to be a great game." It is still in Alpha so you would either have to cash in your bets and go early release and get a good game for a cheaper price or if they do something horrible then you're stuck with it. You have to judge it and pray that the developers know what they're doing. Expand
  4. Oct 1, 2013
    This was one of the best games i have played in a long time currently being worked on by several devs it was designed by one guy till recently. Updates are steady and updates do not contain many bugs, sound is being worked on along with females, clothing, and other game play features. You can create a town, a army, and more. You can be a bandit, established faction leader, Mayor, or just aThis was one of the best games i have played in a long time currently being worked on by several devs it was designed by one guy till recently. Updates are steady and updates do not contain many bugs, sound is being worked on along with females, clothing, and other game play features. You can create a town, a army, and more. You can be a bandit, established faction leader, Mayor, or just a simple merchant Expand
  5. Nov 28, 2013
    When I first saw this game, thought it was gonna be a M&B: Warband clone, only in a Asian setting, and that sounded great. But what this game is, is so much more, or at least potentially.

You create a character in a post apocalyptic fuadal japan-ish world, and from there your on your own. You can be a merchant, thieve, docter, shop owner, start your own town/outpost, craft your own weapons and armor, build different kind of fuctional buildings, research technology to build/craft even better stuff. You can train in fighting, recruit an army of any size, and control and train each person individually. Well you get the idea...

At first the game had sub-par GFX and no sound, but bear in mind it was still in Alpha (and still is), the graphics keep inproving immensely, and there is sound now. On top of that new major features keep being added every couple of months.

In its current state (29/11/2013) the game is allready very enjoyable, so buy it now while i'ts still in it's Alpha pricing $20.
  6. May 19, 2013
    Its not best 10 bucks ever spend (best was Minecraft), but this GAME got AMAZING potential. I check every day for new updates. Now I see time when I will pickpocket town guards.
  7. Sep 29, 2013
    This game is in Alpha stage, and is unfinished and unpolished as of right now. (which is completely natural considering its current development stage) So why a 9/10? That doesn't make sense does it?

I disregarded: -bugs, glitches etc -lack of content that is announced. and focused entirely on its potential and current playability: If i had disregarded potential as well, i would

I disregarded:

-bugs, glitches etc
    -lack of content that is announced.

and focused entirely on its potential and current playability:
    If i had disregarded potential as well, i would have to drop it to 7/10. 100+ hours of fun in this state, deserves at least that.

Why i like it:
    It's a squad based RPG in a sandbox environment. And its highly mod-able. Yeah sure there's limited stuff to do in the game, as of right now, but new content are added regularly. The feeling of freedom is great in this game.
    Want a new outpost, so you can trade with the trade caravans? Alright, better go pick up some slabs of stone and start building.
    Want to run around killing bandits? Then do that.. Just make sure you're ready for a fight. You might want to scavenge a few fights between the holy order, samurai lords or bandits first.
    Want to befriend the bandits? Run around healing the bandits after they get crushed by an enemy.
    Want to fight a faction, go right ahead.
    Finding the end game a bit easy? Go mod in your own faction of bad-asses and look at them rip apart the world.

If you're put off by the early access, don't buy it and wait.
    If you don't want to buy a game based on its potential, then pick it up if it drops its price a little and you feel comfortable paying for it. It's still enjoyable in it's current state, especially if you like tweaking stuff.
    Which leads me to the last bit:
    If you like to modify and tweak game mechanics etc, and the game concept intrigues you. BUY IT. I sincerely doubt you will regret it.
  8. May 30, 2014
    Although Kenshi is a bit buggy (pathing & structures) I have found it to be a very satisfying combination of simulation/rpg/tower defense games. I do enjoy acquiring new followers and "training" them to fit my overall strategy. The open-world aspect fits really well giving you the freedom to play any way you desire. So far I haven't dealt with many aspects of the game, like factionAlthough Kenshi is a bit buggy (pathing & structures) I have found it to be a very satisfying combination of simulation/rpg/tower defense games. I do enjoy acquiring new followers and "training" them to fit my overall strategy. The open-world aspect fits really well giving you the freedom to play any way you desire. So far I haven't dealt with many aspects of the game, like faction reputation, but I do look forward to exploring them and new updates as they are released. So far it has surpassed my expectations making it a fine investment for $20. Expand
  9. Jun 25, 2014
    There are hours of entertainment to be had here. Still lacks content, and a but buggy, but if you can see past that it's fantastic. I can't wait for the final product.

Definitely worth the money.
  10. Aug 17, 2014
    Refreshingly creative concept that does not restrain the player in any way from doing whatever he likes. If you like freedom to act, true choice and a massive sandbox to play in, this will fill the bill. The looks of the game are the most unfinished part- the combat itself is handled realistically and wounds/damage to characters plays out great. Generally when you lose, you are left maimedRefreshingly creative concept that does not restrain the player in any way from doing whatever he likes. If you like freedom to act, true choice and a massive sandbox to play in, this will fill the bill. The looks of the game are the most unfinished part- the combat itself is handled realistically and wounds/damage to characters plays out great. Generally when you lose, you are left maimed and broken, but fixable with time and the help of an ally. The game requires patience, strategy, tactical thought and the brains to run away when you need to. I like this lots. Expand
  11. Jan 31, 2014
    I keep this short & clean.
    Pros
    - Much of play styles - Able to compensate hard situations with simple tactics & mind play. - This game is the only one I've ever came cross with, and I find this very unique and potential game. - Good & tough world with no "OP" setup to go with. - I find this game atm balanced. - Price/Content rate is ridiculous, so "cheap" for such a big amount of
    I keep this short & clean.
    Pros
    - Much of play styles
    - Able to compensate hard situations with simple tactics & mind play.

- Good & tough world with no "OP" setup to go with.
    - I find this game atm balanced.
    - Price/Content rate is ridiculous, so "cheap" for such a big amount of content which is updated constantly
    - And the most valuable thing for this game: Freedom to do what you want.
    - No quick travel
    - Unique "leveling" system
    - Full customization over squad members

Cons
    - It can be frustrating (atm) to aggro constantly bandits (if there are many) which are recovering from critical blows after fights, as you & faction aggro them. (If they(=bandits) are assaulting ie. npc city)
    - Can be little bit lagged sometimes to move around the global map and get stuck somewhere. (often between heights and low environments)
    - Random crashes are annoying if you haven't saved frequently.
    - Enemy AI can sometimes feel shabby.

Anyways cons are minor things, which can be fixed anytime soon

I have much of things to say, but I suggest this for anyone seeking unfair adventure for glory & pride.
  12. Mar 25, 2013
    A unpolished, unfinished product that is currently being sold for "early access" (aka cash grab), Kenshi advertises itself as a "open ended, sandbox, squad based strategy."

What it really is, is a unfinished product that doesn't even have sound, it is a massive grind and waste of time. Do yourself a favor and buy paint and watch it dry. You'll save money.
  13. Dec 10, 2014
    Game staff aren't able to fix or update the game, the idea is good but the devs are incompetents so the game will fail if a good programmer will not join the lofi team.
  14. Apr 4, 2016
    An ambitious project, finally in beta. Been playing it since 2013, and watching it grow. Brilliant, unique, varied gameplay. I look forward to every little update.
  15. Apr 20, 2016
    In one sentence : The Sims with swords.

In a lot of sentences : Kenshi is a work in progress (as of April 2016) openworld/sandbox strategy RPG where the world evolves with you. You can steal things, sell it off to the fence, leave the criminal life behind and wander around as a trader, get ambushed, robbed, and captured, work hard in the mine as a shackled slave, or escape it and
    In one sentence : The Sims with swords.

You can steal things, sell it off to the fence, leave the criminal life behind and wander around as a trader, get ambushed, robbed, and captured, work hard in the mine as a shackled slave, or escape it and create an alliance of fellow slaves to create your own base, train hard, and slaughter your former captors.

Every incident, even unpleasant ones is an opportunity to grow. The game has a complex skill/level system where the more you get hit and survive the fight, the stronger you will become in the next fights, but that also means the more you meet the same opponents that you've beaten off and let go, the stronger he/she will become as well.
    All in all you have to survive in Kenshi's hard world, somehow.

There are no critic reviews yet.