7.8

1. Jan 4, 2014
    Simply amazing. I... I still can't believe how magnificent this is. I...*sighs* It is something you meet once in a lifetime and also something you've got to experience yourself first before anything else.
  2. Jul 23, 2014
    Bizarre and surreal. SCORE: 85/100.

This is not The Walking Dead or Wolf Among Us, and neither is it Broken Age or Grim Fandango. It is its own thing, and it does a remarkable job at that. It starts off rather mundanely, but steadily gets weirder and more abstract as it goes. Time and space come in to play in odd ways and you will often be confused, but not irritatingly so. This is a
    Bizarre and surreal. SCORE: 85/100.

This is a strange game, but certainly worth your time and money to play.
  3. Nov 22, 2014
    The problem I have with this game is that it is so incredibly unrewarding. It is painfully slow-paced, the game mechanic consists solely out of choosing dialogue lines, and even the aesthetics of it start getting dull after a while. It's a great idea to let the player affect the story via dialogue, and many contemporary games use this technique successfully. But the only story I'm actuallyThe problem I have with this game is that it is so incredibly unrewarding. It is painfully slow-paced, the game mechanic consists solely out of choosing dialogue lines, and even the aesthetics of it start getting dull after a while. It's a great idea to let the player affect the story via dialogue, and many contemporary games use this technique successfully. But the only story I'm actually modulating here, is the BACKstory. My choices do not affect or explain the current state of affairs, they do not matter to the main plot, and they consist mostly of bland details about the characters that for the most part don't even really matter to their personas. The actual plot of the game hasn't progressed since the first 10 minutes of act 1, instead I'm lead on poetic detours on philosophical topics that don't go anywhere. These detours were kind of charming at first, but eventually I'm just left feeling like nothing of actual interest is ever going to happen in this game. Expand

1. Jul 10, 2013
    Kentucky Route Zero‘s second act keeps things weird, but feels a tad slight and uneventful compared to the first.
  2. Jul 9, 2013
    Act II of Kentucky Route Zero provides another sharp walkabout into a beautifully surreal world. Though it poses more questions than it answers, it still left me pining for the next chapter. If the final three acts manage to be as powerful and evocative as the first two, Kentucky Route Zero is going to be looked back on as a tremendous and singular accomplishment in gaming.
  3. Jun 24, 2013
    Kentucky Route Zero's refreshingly unconventional tale of a road trip through strange and beautiful parts of America continues in this second act.