Kerbal Space Program PC

8.2

1. Jan 8, 2017
    Un simulateur de programme spatial qui consiste à lancer des nains verdâtres dans l'espace... une sorte de plaisanterie pour ingénieurs de la NASA entre midi et deux, vu que les béotiens terre-à-terre que nous sommes n'y entravent que dalle malgré les didacticiels de ce "jeu" qui se veut aussi humoristique et cynique qu'incroyablement hermétique.

Il faut dire que l'interface générale,

Il faut dire que l'interface générale, les commandes et les menus, qu'il s'agisse de la construction des fusées ou du pilotage en lui-même, sont aussi absconses que les principes de la thermodynamique ou autres lois cinétiques newtoniennes (où est le levier pour décoller et passer en hyperespace, bordel ?).

Bref, l'interface est à dégueuler, les graphismes (jeu indé oblige) sont à gerber et bien évidemment, tout est en anglais très intégral. La construction avare en statistiques ou autres informations qui pourraient servir se limite ainsi à jouer avec des légos par essais et erreurs et s'il est "amusant" de voir sa fusée exploser, le manque d'accessibilité et le caractère très rugueux de ce foutoir scientifique lasse rapidement.

Un programme à revoir donc entièrement tant sa lourdeur l'écrase de son propre poids et de sa prétention de pseudo-jeu qui se la joue intello à gogos.
  2. Sep 24, 2016
    I'm Aerospace Engineer, so it's the perfect game for me. It's amazing! I have Space Stations orbiting over the Moon and others planets, and some bases with Kerbals.

It's like a virtual Meccano, but with space theme. You have some parts, and you have to design a space ship with these parts. And the whole of parts have to work properly to have a successful mission, and it isn't easy.

It's like a virtual Meccano, but with space theme.

You have some parts, and you have to design a space ship with these parts. And the whole of parts have to work properly to have a successful mission, and it isn't easy. There are a lot of things that could go wrong.

3. Sep 5, 2016
    This is probably the best and the most useful sandbox game ever. Get your understanding of space flight and orbital mechanics in one evening.

Modding community is awesome too. From stronger struts to warp drives and nuclear explosion-powered engines – they've got it covered. :-)
  4. Aug 16, 2016
    Kerbal Space Program (I have the Steam version) is a fun game to bring out the inner LEGO child in you and build a spaceship. What is your goal? Your goal is to get to the Moon, land on the moon, plant a flag and get back to earth. Within this time of building, you might cuss out the spaceship for losing fuel too fast or even cuss it out when it doesn't go to the path you want it to go.Kerbal Space Program (I have the Steam version) is a fun game to bring out the inner LEGO child in you and build a spaceship. What is your goal? Your goal is to get to the Moon, land on the moon, plant a flag and get back to earth. Within this time of building, you might cuss out the spaceship for losing fuel too fast or even cuss it out when it doesn't go to the path you want it to go. Maybe even when you land on the moon, you completely ran out of fuel? Well, now it's time for planning so that you can build a better spaceship, plan accordingly and save those Kerbals that you left on the moon so you can get them back to the launch station.

You can spend hours on this game and no matter the cause, you will actually have fun in this game.

Note: If you find it difficult. You can always download mods to help the spaceship fly better, get a better spaceship or even update the visuals if you want a better detailed galaxy.
  5. Aug 1, 2016
    Have you ever wondered if it's possible to make an "educational game" that is actually fun? Here's your answer. This game will make you WANT to learn about orbital mechanics, because that's how you get your rockets to stay up. That's how you can get them to meet in space so you can dock. And build space stations. And land on other planets and moons.

Getting something off the ground is

Getting something off the ground is easy. Even getting something out of the atmosphere isn't that hard yet. And then you start to learn. Because you want that to succeed. You start calculating how much delta-V you need for orbit. You start to understand why single-stage to orbit (i.e. no dropping of spent stages) is but a wet dream. You start to wrap your mind around complicated formulas for the sake of building better rockets. Not because it is easy, but because it is hard.

We're not talking about a "serious" simulation here, mind you. It's still heaps easier to get anything done in KSP than in reality. The planet is much smaller and easier to launch from. Your launch site is exactly at the equator and the "Mun" (the moon orbiting the planet) is on an equatorial orbit. That makes some things easier.

And once you managed to deal with all that, you start to add one of the hundreds of (free) mods. That will improve the aerodynamic of the game. And add new challenges. There is now even a mod that changes the game to the point where you are essentially dealing with our real solar system. And communication delay. And, and, and.

If you enjoy games that challenge your mind in a scientific (or at least pseudo-scientific) way, download the demo and give it a spin. Don't blame me if you lose sleep over it, though!
  6. Jun 5, 2016
    The Best space exploration game ever made.

If u like space
    if u dont like space
    if u like space exploration
    if u dont like space exploration

BUY IT

if u just like sand box BUY IT AND LOVE IT

if u dont like sand box with achievements and ur own story to write well..... **** you
  7. May 14, 2016
    I hate Kerbal Space Program... No wait, I'm just angry because I spent 3 hours building and flying a ship to Minmus and the sodding thing crashed because I let the new girl drive it. Jesus, what was I thinking, she was the same girl that somehow survived last years docking crash. Brilliant game. Needs a few little tweaks to make idiots like me understand what the hell I am doing sometimesI hate Kerbal Space Program... No wait, I'm just angry because I spent 3 hours building and flying a ship to Minmus and the sodding thing crashed because I let the new girl drive it. Jesus, what was I thinking, she was the same girl that somehow survived last years docking crash. Brilliant game. Needs a few little tweaks to make idiots like me understand what the hell I am doing sometimes (see docking, above) but otherwise brilliant. Expand
  8. May 1, 2016
    This game is for everyone, who like space, rockets, physics, build strategy and fun in great mix. It takes some time, before you fully understand how to play, but it is fun. You are a leader of the space program and you are able to do everything what is somehow connected with space like create space-tourist vessels, space stations, explore asteroids, moons or other planets, build planesThis game is for everyone, who like space, rockets, physics, build strategy and fun in great mix. It takes some time, before you fully understand how to play, but it is fun. You are a leader of the space program and you are able to do everything what is somehow connected with space like create space-tourist vessels, space stations, explore asteroids, moons or other planets, build planes for planet explore and a lot of more. There is a whole solar system with many planets, moons, asteroids and also a star. And the star is not just some source of light, it is real object, that you can explore. You can build a vessel like you want, but you have to thing about real physics like aerodynamic, weight, thrust, breaking devices,, vessel protection and many other things. It Is a fiction space, but it is similar with the real. Everything works great, game looks good and although it looks like some comedy thing, the game works with real physics and do it well.
    Problem could be random bugs (dancing airplane, problem with visibility of UI in the administration building, strange crashes - when symmetrical rocket is turning after start...) . But developers still working on patches and game is periodically updated.
    Summary it is a great, funny and science based game with a face, but with some smaller bugs and still visible space to improve.
  9. Apr 20, 2016
    Space the final frontier, to boldly go where no Kerbal has gone before. The most wonderful physics and gravity and space tool you can have fun in a virtual sand box to explore not only space but Kerbin itself.

I give this game a 100+++
  10. Mar 21, 2016
    Does space even exist? Dead Kerbals don't write reports so I might never find out, but in the mean time I'm having great fun scattering bits and pieces of rockets and Kerbal around. The game is missing only two things; the option to leave crashed rockets lying around and cities to fly my ICBMs... erm...I mean accidentally crash my spaceships into.
  11. Mar 6, 2016
    An interesting space simulation game which has developed massively over the many months which I have owned this game.
    With the official release version, I did expect more issues to be fixed and for some graphical improvements to certain things, however not enough was changed in my opinion. KSP is not quite as user friendly as I had expected with the official release, however the game still provides an enjoyable set of mechanics and great gameplay.
  12. Feb 29, 2016
    This game is definitely up there with Spore and Minecraft. It's very similar to them too, and has a unique lego-esque building setup not before seen anywhere else. It's a space flight simulator with a 3 game modes: Sandbox, Career, and Science. Science mode has you start with a couple parts, which you throw together in the shape of a rocket, blast off, and do reports, collect surfaceThis game is definitely up there with Spore and Minecraft. It's very similar to them too, and has a unique lego-esque building setup not before seen anywhere else. It's a space flight simulator with a 3 game modes: Sandbox, Career, and Science. Science mode has you start with a couple parts, which you throw together in the shape of a rocket, blast off, and do reports, collect surface samples and read gauges. These readings and samples when returned to Kerbin, equivocally Earth, award you science points. The Research and Development dept. takes these in return for better parts of your desired category, effectively upgrading your supplies. Career mode is this with a monetary feature. Agencies offer contracts, like "test this part at this altitude", and fulfilling them gives you Kerbfunds. These in turn allow you to upgrade facilities, and also have more parts to a ship, because parts cost cash. There's also a trade-in type thing, where you can exchange one type of thing for something else, with one strategy being outsourcing RnD to exchange Reputation for Science points. Reputation, by the way, is something you get for NOT crashing your ship and catastrophically ending the mission. Sandbox mode is my favorite because you don't need to worry about going overbudget or not having enough science. You're free from the start to build the biggest things you can. This is where it all ties together, because far enough into the game and it doesn't matter what mode you use. You can do anything at all, like land on the Mun, (a play on Moon), send a rover to Duna, (In-game mars) even fly a jumbojet to the north pole! Or, for the rather unorthodox, you can build boats and submarines, exploit glitches, and go easter-egg hunting, because there's a fair share of things everywhere. Gameplay is essentially "Grab a command module. Put on a fuel tank of your size choosing. Add an engine that fits the job. Press the green button. BLASTOFF!" and away you go! If you want you can end up saying "I'll add 6 Saturn V's on the edges for thrust and a couple space shuttles with soyuz launch vehicles... maybe a skylab on there too." There's just about all the parts you could need. Docking ports allow you to build space stations and bases anywhere you want, and if there isn't any parts for it in game there's probably a mod for it. The modding community is huge, with things like Spacedock.info and Curse.com. Some mods, like EVE (clouds in game) aren't, but then again there's google... so far I've built a Munar base, 2 space stations, tons of satellites, etc. If you're wondering how popular it is you can no longer use google images for a space mission and not see a screenshot somewhere of KSP. The community is the friendliest out there and its reputation cannot be rivaled by any other flight sim :hailprobe: If you have any doubts about buying just remember that you'll thank yourself for it tenfold afterwards. Even if you don't like rockets it's for you, because (someone built a train) there's so much more besides rockets. It's an entire solar system for you and only you! You actually learn orbital mechanics as you play! Practice makes perfect, and it's not hard to get with this game. It even offers pre-made tutorials for you! Don't want to have to design your own rocket? There's premade scenarios of things like landing on the Mun, where you're already set up in orbit around it, or redirecting an asteroid from hitting the planet, or even an entire space station! I still play on the tutorials because every aspect is equally fulfilling. It's always under active development, even after the official release. As of now there's a 1.1 update coming in probably a week, and then a 1.2 after that! Once an update is release they're already talking about the next. Buying the game is universal, meaning just log into your account online, download, and you own it! It works for any computer (not ANY... Apple 2, Eniac, altair 8800, but I think there's a patch for TI-84...) and they're even porting it to Xbox, PS4 and Wii. You can copy it to other computers you own, it's not web-reliant. Want it to be? Download the multiplayer mod! You can actively talk to the developers on the forum (unlike Spore the forums are open to people wondering about the game) and even share files of your ships. Want your ship in a particular moment? You can quicksave, which is comparable to taking a picture of your solar system and loading it later. Bugs are practically nonexistent, and fixes happen all the time. Just read the reviews here, you won't regret buying it! Expand
  13. Feb 18, 2016
    This game ia fun. Nuff said. It is one of those few gamea out there that is both fun and educational at the same time. I have played over 1000 hours of this game, and there is still heaps to do! People complain about the graphics, but I think they have done a good job when you consider what they are working with.

Overall, this is a great game for a space nerd like myself, or someone who

Overall, this is a great game for a space nerd like myself, or someone who just wants to experiment and blow stuff up. I recommend it!
  14. Jan 23, 2016
    Months after release this game is still buggy. Literally every aspect of it has so many bugs and glitches that it is almost impossible to complete even the simplest tasks - your navball glitches, nodes disappear, quest tracking stops, your ship goes through surface and explodes underground, I could go on and on. And all these bugs are present in the latest version! This game would beMonths after release this game is still buggy. Literally every aspect of it has so many bugs and glitches that it is almost impossible to complete even the simplest tasks - your navball glitches, nodes disappear, quest tracking stops, your ship goes through surface and explodes underground, I could go on and on. And all these bugs are present in the latest version! This game would be amazing and I would give it 10/10 cause I am a huge space nerd, but endless steaks of problems just make this game unplayable. Expand
  15. Jan 14, 2016
    I hate to be a party pooper, but I liked everything, up to 1.00. My problem is, the game is the same, as it was 10 versions ago. Since this supposed to be the "release" version (1.0 +) , I expected more things being fixed and the game tuned better, more bugs taken out, and more gamer friendly.
    Despite I know almost everything how to build rockets and balance it right, a newcomer will struggle. There should be at least ballon help for the parts and easier mechanics for assembly.
    I understand this is an indie title (and probably the best one out there), but I don't see any real progress from alpha to final. It's like, the developers themselves got bored of it and just kicked it out the door with a price attached to it.
    As I said, as an alpha indie game, it's fantastic, but I hoped to see more.
    The interface in the hangar is mediocre. There is hardly any explanation of what is what and how it comes together.
    Text doesn't scale, so people with 1080 resolution will either have to stick their heads to the monitor or get glasses. Forget about 4K people, they will need a microscope.
    Sounds continuosly cuts out periodically, as the loop of the sound effect ends and restarts.
    I have 32GB of memory and an upper midrange card (960 GTX 2GB) , and yet I still feel like there are performance issues, especially in orbit. And that, considering the fact, that the game isn't really pushing textures and visual quality to begin with.
    The gameplay could have used more TLC. The missions are fun, but it gets hard from easy really fast. People should not rely on youtube to know a game. This goes for all games here, not just this. I found this an unacceptable practice, that gone haywire and now developers just cut the whole introduction and tutorials out of the game. I know Kerbal has a tutorial, but it's hardly enough. It's more like just an excuse.
    So to sum it up, my dislike isn't about whether the game is good or bad, but more about lack of polish and lack of content added to the final version.
    As an alpha or an early access, it's an exemplary game and goes fully recommended to everyone, but as a final product - considering what it was in alpha- I can't give a thumbs up.
    I know, I am going against the flow here, and I understand that many will not like my review, but I'm not here to please people, but give my fair share of thoughts and my opinion.
  16. Dec 10, 2015
    The game allows you to be Sergei Korolev, Wernher von Braun, Yuri Gagarin, Alan Shepard and Neil Armstrong all at the same time, and many more. You can build aircraft, rockets, spaceplanes, satellites, landers, rovers and etc. and use them to travel around an imaginary star system similar to our own and this all features real-life-esque environments, physics and equipment.
    Even more
    Even more possibilities are introduced in various mods that add anything from new parts to whole new layers of gameplay like inventory system and ability to exchange resources on the fly, and even multiplayer synchronisation.
    Unfortunately this all comes with a serious downside - the technical implementation part of the game is abhorrent. Most game assets are pre-loaded instead of loaded on demand (and unloaded when not needed), I feel like I'm in the 90's or something. But even worse, combined with absence of fully functional 64-bit exe file this means game always crashes because of memory limits and the situation gets even worse if you naturally want to mod your game. The game also lacks some optimization as quite sometimes I experience frame drops for no fair reason - the graphics or physics in this game isn't something that anyhow should fully load your CPU or GPU even if they're not top of the line.
    So, for now I'm giving it a 6. I will change my mind when devs move KSP to Unity 5.2 with some proper 64 bit support.
  17. Nov 21, 2015
    Reviewing after 200 hours played.

Reviewing after 200 hours played.

Kerbal Space Program is a great computer game. Sure, there are things to be improved upon and the game does not realize its full potential without third party mods. However, this game has been developed on a small budget and achieves what so many huge titles fail to do time and time again. KSP delivers a unique and immersive experience of the kind that got me hooked on computer games to begin with. Seldom, maybe never, will you receive the same sensation of accomplishment or experience the same delight in exploration as KSP offers. KSP is computer game design at it's best, pioneering, bold and impressive. I can't wait to see what SQUAD can do with a bigger budget.
  18. Nov 11, 2015
    It has a realistic feel, an art-style that is perfect and the music meets the feel of the game.
    The dev team really wanted to do something awesome and then made this game.
    But I can still not land on that f#@¤/&g Mun!!!! I have tried 32 times and i counted!
    I have 108 hours play time on this game, and 12 of them was Mun Mission Failure... but it was still fun :D
  19. Nov 8, 2015
    If you are looking for any of the flowing in a game buy it:

A game that tests your knowledge
    A game that is fun
    A game that lets you do what ever you want as long as it does not defy physics (Oh wait you can defy physics)
    A game that has thousands of mods.
    a game that updates frequently and gives you more to do constantly.
  20. Nov 6, 2015
    Its a very fun game where you can make just about anything that has wings or engines and put it anywhere in an entire solar system. Although at times it can get boring, but considering this game has a massive mod base that problem is fairly easy to fix. Do keep in mind though if you don't like simulators or games like them this wont be the game for you. But if you like space sims , flightIts a very fun game where you can make just about anything that has wings or engines and put it anywhere in an entire solar system. Although at times it can get boring, but considering this game has a massive mod base that problem is fairly easy to fix. Do keep in mind though if you don't like simulators or games like them this wont be the game for you. But if you like space sims , flight sims, or even just designing Air/space craft then you will certainly like this game. Expand
  21. Oct 27, 2015
    The Game MIND BLOWING the tutorial is actually helpful sometimes a bit boring until you realise you wouldn't of been able to do anything its educational also funny and ridiculously funny bugs you can make anything(in sandbox mode with infinite fuel and invincible on) you can make rockets planes space planes tanks bombs nukes etcetera. you can download mods and creations and its still inThe Game MIND BLOWING the tutorial is actually helpful sometimes a bit boring until you realise you wouldn't of been able to do anything its educational also funny and ridiculously funny bugs you can make anything(in sandbox mode with infinite fuel and invincible on) you can make rockets planes space planes tanks bombs nukes etcetera. you can download mods and creations and its still in EARLY ACCESS AND ON THE 27/10/15 (today) THE 40% OFF OFFER ENDS TODAY on steam so instead of it being £29.99 its £17.99 ($27.6101) 1000/1000 Expand
  22. Oct 14, 2015
    Amazing, without this game I wouldn't have my name.
    +5 Modding support!
    This game can have 87+ mods!
    No Mods:
    perfect, no mods = minimal crashes, and stock feeling.
    Youtubers:
    we have Macey Dean, Scott Manley, HOCGaming, Roninpawn, SolarGamer, EE, BevoLG, and a couple more.
    thats what makes it great!
    it's a small community!
    thats why KSP is my favorite game
  23. Oct 11, 2015
    This is one of the best games ever made.
    Huge pros in my book:
    - Challenging: This game is as hard as Dark Souls in it's own way. When you first start out you will probably die. Alot. Because you don't know anything about rocket science - and that's ok, you'll learn. - Educational: You can't just level up and suddenly be able to insert a spacecraft into keosynchronous orbit, you have to
    This is one of the best games ever made.
    Huge pros in my book:
    - Educational: You can't just level up and suddenly be able to insert a spacecraft into keosynchronous orbit, you have to actually learn how to do that. And you'll have to learn what keosynchronous means. You will learn a lot that you could actually apply in the real world. For instance, if someone gave me a proposal for sending a small craft to our moon, (with a little digging) I could probably tell you if the plan would work or not. Thanks Kerbals, for your sacrifice!
    - Actual exploration: There are planets out there! What do they look like? What is it like to be on the surface? I remember the first time landing on a moon and really feeling the thrill of what that must feel like.
    - Replay: I keep going back to this game over and over, there's so much to do.

This game won't be for everyone (some people suck), but if you like games that I like then I highly recommend it: nethack, minecraft, dark souls, ur quan masters/starcon, etc.
  24. Sep 30, 2015
    A truly amazing game! Fantasy and science of the player are combined togheter to launch those funny kerbals into unknown! Very high replayability, incredible support, high number of addons will make this a long lasting one on your hard drive, beating easily the 1000 hours mark!
    Audio quality is sufficient to enjoy the unavoidable explosions of your creations and graphic... well, graphic is irrelevant, this game do not need it, it's too good.
  25. Sep 28, 2015
    I'm gonna write a review yup, in lots of words...what can I say only that...this is BEST game ever invented. Done myreview, now I go back to play KERBAL
  26. Sep 27, 2015
    Fun and educational, but most people will put it down after a half hour because it is, frankly, quite dry and dull. As an educational tool and a design game, it is good, no complaint. But it's still an educational game, and has little to draw you in.
  27. Sep 13, 2015
    This game is a masterpiece.
    It has a realistic management and our thirst for discovery is being with mods !
    One of the best games of all those to which I have played
    No fault nothing to add.
  28. Sep 10, 2015
    One of the best space simulators I've ever played, it offers a great mix between realities of space flight as well as a sci-fi and cartoon like charm. It also boasts a wonderful team behind the game itself who is always offering new updates as well as a pretty in depth look into their development.

I should probably also divulge I've put over 200 hrs into this game over the years since its been out, so i might be a little biased.
  29. Sep 3, 2015
    Great game as-is, but can't wait to see this rocket building and natural laws being mimicked well in a larger setting....space conquest like. Still, great value and much fun, but it's PG-Geek, so maybe not for everyone.
  30. Sep 2, 2015
    This game just keeps getting better and better after each update though it has some bugs which would be removed in later versions. Apart from that this game is the real deal makes you really think that you should be an astronaut.
  31. Aug 28, 2015
    Why is this game called "Combat" on the info? Forget that, Kerbal Space Program is a very hard, but fun and addictive (in a good way) game, (taking the role of mission control? Astronauts? I-I don't know.) where you can set up science for the space center, research new stuff to get more types of pieces on the spacecrafts, gain money to be Donald Trump in space, gain reputation to boostWhy is this game called "Combat" on the info? Forget that, Kerbal Space Program is a very hard, but fun and addictive (in a good way) game, (taking the role of mission control? Astronauts? I-I don't know.) where you can set up science for the space center, research new stuff to get more types of pieces on the spacecrafts, gain money to be Donald Trump in space, gain reputation to boost something I don't remember, and just fly in space. You can land a colony on Pluto, crash a spaceship during launch, and any space crap you can imagine. I gave it a 9, because there is one problem. Why is docking heavily mentioned, but it's hard to do? This is Big Rigs, without the Big Rigs, and add everything amazing into it. Expand
  32. Aug 26, 2015
    A game that will have you playing for hours on end trying to best yourself. With so much to do and more thanks to easily installed mods, you will never run out of content. In an age where micro-transactions and DLC rules the market, it is a fresh sight to see a game for a cheap price with constant new updates adding more and more content, with one of the biggest modding communities outA game that will have you playing for hours on end trying to best yourself. With so much to do and more thanks to easily installed mods, you will never run out of content. In an age where micro-transactions and DLC rules the market, it is a fresh sight to see a game for a cheap price with constant new updates adding more and more content, with one of the biggest modding communities out there. Even if this isn't on sale, this is a 10/10 buy for me. If you are at all interested in space and building rockets and airplanes, this is a must-have game. Expand
  33. Aug 10, 2015
    SCIENCE! (You know, a popular KSP phrase.) I'd end there but the 150 char limit...
    "Cools"
    10/10 JC0013
    90/100 IGN (real score)
    0/10 Some stupid guy that I do not know
  34. Aug 8, 2015
    Amazing space simulator that you cold buy cheaper in early access and has no dlc. Nice move from the game company not to punish early supporters like so many others does (frontiers elite dangerous, gearbox borderlands series, payday2).
  35. Aug 1, 2015
    Really great and surprisingly educational game! Teaches you a lot of concepts like Delta V. Not to say it doesn't get boring at times... Waiting 30 minutes to get to your destination really gets old after a while.
  36. Jul 25, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Kerbal Space Program is more than just a game. It's a virtual solar system. Unlike most space sims though, this one utilizes a physics system that is closer to the real thing than all of the most popular space sims.

This game is truly one of a kind and completely amazing. Countless hours will be spent learning and mastering the art of building a rocket that doesn't blow up on launch, can reach space, can achieve orbit, can perform a transfer to a moon/other planet, etc. And it won't be all that stressful while learning. Some people, like myself, choose to build proper rockets... you know... ones that look like they make sense. Some choose to build massive monstrosities that look more like they were supposed to be a 60 story parking garage and have to be adjusted quite a bit to prevent them from being crushed and blowing up from their own weight... but they still fly :)

A massive collection of mods/add-ons will keep the game fresh for a very long time. When you feel like you've mastered as much as you can... install a mod that requires line of sight to unmanned rockets using satellites to relay the signal... the signal has a delay based on distance... so fine tuned last minute corrections are going to be VERY difficult if not impossible. Too hard? Try Mech Jeb for Auto-piloting, Precise Node to make plotting your courses easier, Throttle Controlled Avionics to make even the most unbalanced rocket fly smooth by having the add-on adjust thrust on every engine to keep the center of thrust right in the middle.

There's just about an add-on for everything.

I have to say... building a rocket that's light enough and with enough fuel to reach the furthest planets, land on those planets, place a flag on those planets... then return to Kerbin (Home planet of the Kerbals) and successfully penetrating the atmosphere and not burning up from reentry heat, then landing via parachutes... is one of the most satisfying gaming experiences I've ever had. I've even run out of fuel and had to send out rockets to the rescue to either push the rocket the rest of the way home... or just have an extra seat, pick up the pilot, then return leaving the old rocket to float around space forever.

I've used mods for autopilot... got bored with those so I turned them off and managed to master the art of landing a space craft on alien worlds. (I say mastered... a true master would disagree.) I've assembled space stations a piece at a time. I've sent unmanned satellites to every planet and every moon... and yet I'm still not bored with the game. I've done so much with rockets and still have yet to really mess around with the space planes...

I could go on and on for a long time but I think I'm starting to ramble... I've fallen in love with this game because it can offer something that most games don't... a challenge.
  37. Jul 23, 2015
    This is the game I've been looking for the last few years!
    It is amazing to explore the space, to build new spaceships
    and to create space stations!
    I can just recommend it to anyone who likes to explore the space!
    And if the game itself gets boring, just download a few mods and
    it'll be amazing again!
  38. Jul 20, 2015
    I'll just tell you a story that happened to me on my quest "FOR GREAT SCIENCE!". I've built a spacecraft, flew to minmus and went to go collect some samples. At the time I haven't known about minmus' very low gravity.
    So, couple minutes later I find Jeb pretty far away from the lander. With almost depleted EVA fuel. And to make it even more difficult, i was using, among other mods, TAC life support. Few hours of walking on foot later I've barely made it back to the lander, then went home.

I think that Kerbal space program is a great game. It's one of my all-time favorite games.
  39. Jul 5, 2015
    just plain good. the physics, the endless possibility of creating stuff ...... three words, JUST PLAY IT.
    it'll take some time to at least understand how the physics work. to be honest, it took 2 days for me to understand and make a simple satellite just to orbit the earth, and 5 days to finally orbit moon.
    now I've played it for months and finally reached all planet and natural
    now I've played it for months and finally reached all planet and natural satellites (or "moons").
  40. Jul 2, 2015
    Ist ein Schönes Spiel das ständig verbessert und erweitert wird. Das Spiel hat sich seine 10 Punkte also reglich verdient.
    Über diverse Bugs kann man an sich hinweg sehen. Mir ist bis jetzt erst einer begenet und das war in der Beta Phase. Von daher who cares. ^^
  41. Jun 28, 2015
    When I first heard about what KSP was, I was really excited. I had seen youtobe videos on it. I was really excited. Whhen I got it, I was a little dissapointed. I was expecting more parts. But when I got used to it, It became really fun :D.

However, I don't think it is worth the £30 I spent on it. I would acceot £20 or £25 but not thirty.
    Besides from that, It's a very good game :)
  42. Jun 25, 2015
    While KSP was being developed it gained a following as a fun game that mods, both useful and fun could be added to. Unfortunately, Squad in it's redesign did a terrible job for it's full Commercial release, Kerbal Space Program 1.0 resulting in a kludged together game that was very poorly checked by the beta team resulting in patches that are making the an even more kludged game where playWhile KSP was being developed it gained a following as a fun game that mods, both useful and fun could be added to. Unfortunately, Squad in it's redesign did a terrible job for it's full Commercial release, Kerbal Space Program 1.0 resulting in a kludged together game that was very poorly checked by the beta team resulting in patches that are making the an even more kludged game where play is becoming tedious and boring. In career mode the contracts given are way out of on what the physics of the game allow you to do making it necessary to at least have the "mulligan" button clicked so that you at least have a Kerbal alive to play with. In sand box mode it's a little bit more fun but at the Kerbals expense.

All in all, This game went from a 9.5 with version 0.90 to a 5 with the introduction of KSP1.0, which is now a 3 with the patch 1.04 a few day ago.
  43. Jun 24, 2015
    I would write a longer review but too busy playing the game (for almost 1000 hours already).
    Both fun and educational. One of the best spent money ever.
  44. Jun 23, 2015
    This one will be short I promise.
    Kerbal space program. Damn this game is fun.
    Gameplay. Build what you want launch it into space (or otherwise) watch it explode, die a little inside, fix the problem, try again rinse wash repeat until you reach the moon. Then realize you've just beat the equivilent of the first checkpoint in the game. This may seem like a frustrating process but it is
    This one will be short I promise.
    Kerbal space program. Damn this game is fun.
    This may seem like a frustrating process but it is one of the most engaging and addicting I've ever seen.

Graphics (as is probably required) are rather minimalist. Probably because you just modeled and enabled physics on the entire solar system. They're not great, but you're PC probably couldn't handle it otherwise.

Few games can be judged by this but this is one of them.
    Modding community. Amazing. The modders in the community are constantly shelling out mods that seem to almost all be a extremely good quality. These mods are made by people who because of the "simplicity" (extreme sarcasm alert) of the game know exactly what is in demand and promtly make a mod for it. Coupled with the developer support for these mods, going as far as to integrate them into the final game, mods easily bump this game up from an 8 out of 10 to a solid 10.

This game is not for everyone, in fact the target audience for the game is probably very small but it does what it does the best it's ever been done. Considering there is no other game like this out there it probably just filled a craving we've been having for awhile.

Final verdict 10 out of 10. (with mods)
    hard to get into but gets going like a steam train being propelled at 3000 m/s re-entering the atmosphere.
    Why is there a steam train in space you ask.
    because you put it there.
  45. Jun 23, 2015
    Normal Game,Good Gameplay,normal graphics
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    in total:9 points
  46. Jun 21, 2015
    Kerbal Space Program (KSP) is probably one of the best science sandbox games out there, I love the idea of building rockets or space planes to go to different planets or just orbit the earth, and because of the success new games such as Space Engineers has come along seeing the success of KSP hoping to become just as successful as KSP, an Space Engineers is a really good game aswell, so IKerbal Space Program (KSP) is probably one of the best science sandbox games out there, I love the idea of building rockets or space planes to go to different planets or just orbit the earth, and because of the success new games such as Space Engineers has come along seeing the success of KSP hoping to become just as successful as KSP, an Space Engineers is a really good game aswell, so I would highly recommend KSP aswell as Space Engineers. Expand
  47. Jun 16, 2015
    I loved this game even though I was bad at it. just encouraged me to keep trying and get that rocket as far as I could. Love how realistic the physics is in the game and I will always come back to play a bit more. It was so fun to play and I loved that they focused on game play the most rather than graphics although it still looks well I personally think.
  48. Jun 13, 2015
    An absolute need for all explorers, Space Or backyard. The Amazing thing about this game is that..
    One amazing thing?
    1.The game doesn't criticize you for NOT going to space. In fact, the game doesn't criticize you for anything. you play the game how you want to, not how it was built to played. There's no loss or penalty for whatever you do. 2.It's so accurate, yet so fun! Some games
    One amazing thing?
    2.It's so accurate, yet so fun! Some games are built for professionals and are hard to play without knowing everything about it, and other games are easy to learn, but don't come close to representing the task done in real life that the game is trying to recreate. KSP makes the middle. It's easy to learn, and doesn't require extreme skill and knowledge, but represents space travel so accurately that NASA cooperated with them to build the scenario in which you save a meteor form hitting kerbin using insanely realistic physics.
    Generally amazing, KSP takes the top of the hill in space exploration games.
    Worth The Cost: 30 USD, Worth Every penny. I would've paid FIFTY and still not complained.
  49. Jun 13, 2015
    This IS an instruction for indie-developers how to concurent with "A" class project. The best gameplay of 2015,fantastic style and desighn of Kerbal world, nice unique idea, really good setting - this game definitely found its audience. Also, I like how they concieve the game- all this things like "loñapsE" in Kerbal's speech and some Easter eggs inside the game - it is absolutely fantastic
  50. Jun 12, 2015
    KSP is the epic of your very own space program.
    You start out with not much more than a parachute, a command pod, and a solid fuel rocket engine.
    KSP is the epic of your very own space program.
    Based on these rather simple parts you'll build and pilot your first rockets, that'll send Kerbonauts up into the air to do some research, which allows you to quickly unlock the parts necessary to send Kerbonauts up beyond the air, and soon to orbit, and further out. Where to? Well, that's completely up to you. The Mün is a natural goal of most space programs, but there are also 6 planets (not counting Kerbin) and their natural satellites to go to. But why just go there and back again? You can do much more! Assemble a permanent space station in the orbit of another planet, with a reusable lander and a fuel depot! Bring along mining equipment and drill for rocket fuel! Take the challenge of returning a Kerbonaut from the surface of Eve (a planet inspired by Venus -> thick atmosphere)! Drive a self-designed rover over the dunes of Duna (a Mars-like planet)! Fly a jetplane through the alien, but oxygen-containing atmosphere of the Joolian moon Laythe (no real life equivalent)!

But back to reality. KSP is a spaceflight simulation that tries to be as realistic as possible, as long as realism doesn't have any negative effect on how fun the game is. For instance, the way orbital mechanics is simulated is pretty realistic (patched conics), meaning that for calculating fuel requirements one can use the real formulas (or look up the numbers on the wiki, if one doesn't like maths). On the other hand, without mods there is no need for life support, there is only one type of liquid fuel, the planets are too dense to exist in the real world, ion engines are vastly overpowered,...

Nevertheless, KSP is one of the "sciencier" space sims, as the spacecraft parts in the game are either similar to something that exists in real life, or things that probably will be built soon or have been built in labs but never used on actual spacecrafts. So, for all the science fiction fans out there: No, there is just one planetary system, and no, there is no over-c drive, and no, there are no aliens (if you don't count the Kerbals themselves).
    This also means that there's a steep learning curve, if one doesn't have a background in spaceflight engineering, but as long as one can handle a calculator or a spreadsheet application, and one can read wikipedia, one should be fine.

If one is up for an extra challenge, KSP can be made even more realistic by installing a collection of mods known as Realism Overhaul, with which one can get an impression of the challenges faced by real space agencies...

As you probably can tell by now, I love this game. It's my second favorite, just topped by dwarf fortress. One of the reasons I'm only giving 9 instead of 10 points are the bugs the game is still suffering from. With release of version 1.0 one would expect to get a nearly bug-free experience. Well, that's not the case, and the current version 1.0.2 still feels like a beta version. But one learns to work around some bugs, and the community supplies mods that fix some of them as well, so the effect on gameplay is relatively negligible. The other reason I only give 9 points is that the game is currently using a single-threaded physics engine, what means that very big ships can cause the game to stutter, although only one CPU core is under load. The developers have announced a switch to Unity 5 though, so there's hope for multithreaded physics in the future.
  51. Jun 8, 2015
    le jeux propose plusieurs mode 2 seulement disponible jeux et pas traduit injouable pour ma par en mode Sand box (tous débloqué) on fait vite le tour sans tutoriel (compréhensible) le jeux et difficile a prendre en main je recommande pas
  52. Jun 7, 2015
    A defining aspect of this game is it's replayability. Over the years I have played this game I have sent many poor Kerbans hurtling to their most likely demise by slamming them (mostly unintentionally) into the moon or have them lost in space, indefinitely orbiting the sun.

KSP provides a decent amount of content. Mixed with its unique and sandbox style, the game provides an excellent experience. In terms of performance, the game runs incredibly well right up until it doesn't and some 'semi-bugs' can create entertaining anecdotes.

The career game mode still seems a little 'slapped on' and it isn't exactly something that you'd want to do repeatedly, but nevertheless, it still adds something positive to the game as a whole.

Overall a very good game that stands the test of time.
  53. Jun 2, 2015
    Ever thought of becoming a rocket scientist? In Kerbal Space Program, you can and the game does this extremely well! Each time you try and launch a rocket it is a pleasure to see the kerbals go and try to become a astronaut. Before you know it you tune this and do that to push things and the clock a bit further. Well, after all it is not rocket science now is it? To infinity and beyond!
  54. May 31, 2015
    This game is an absolute treat. I've been following since its earliest release and just keeps getting better. The final release does suffer from a few minor imbalances mid-game, but is easily the best I have ever played.
  55. May 24, 2015
    Day 12, still trying to rescue Jeb from the moon. It has been challenging and rewarding every step of the way. From achieving your first orbit around Kerbin to docking two vessels in low orbit of the moon of Duna, Ike, the game is extremely rewarding.
  56. May 19, 2015
    If you like building rockets, launching rockets, and accidentally blowing up your crew then KSP is the game for you!

I have dumped over 1700 hours in to this game over the early access period and feel that I have absolutely got great value for my money out of it. The only criticism I might level is that there is no campaign where you are forced to do X-Y-Z in order. Instead it's very open ended and in the career mode it's basically up to you to decide how to proceed, what parts to research and what missions to pursue.

A word on the difficulty level, plan to play the tutorial... plan to fail a lot... it's half the fun :D
  57. May 18, 2015
    Lunar Lander to the extreme! Work through the launching test rockets into the air all the way to landing and rovering on the moon and back via real physics. Makes you feel like Yuri Gagarin. Absolute must buy for any NASA or space fan. One of the best feelings of accomplishment ever produced in a video game.
  58. May 14, 2015
    One of the best games I've ever played.

The word game doesn't feel right. Kerbal Space Program is hard, make no mistake about it, but with its challenge comes the feeling that you have accomplished something. After smashing countless numbers of brave Kerbals, the feeling you get when you land one on the planet's moon for the 1st time and he plants the flag makes it all worth it.
    One of the best games I've ever played.

Afterwards comes more challenges, visiting other planets in the solar system, playing with aircraft design, it's all in this "game". KSP is more than a game, it is something you HAVE to experience.
  59. May 12, 2015
    Kerbal Space Program is one of those games that make you feel privileged to experience them and play them.

KSP is perhaps the biggest achievement in the field of combining enjoyable gameplay with educational value. No wonder that NASA has endorsed this game. KSP teaches you the basics of orbital mechanics, rocket science and aerodynamics leaving you hungry for more. It makes learning those things fun, because you can instantly apply the knowledge into practice and achieve some space exploration of your own.

But all science aside, this is just a fun, satisfying experience. Clever, by also being emotional. You immediately connect withe the cute little Kerbals and I would risk a statement that putting feet of your little pioneers: Jebediah and Valentina on new celestial bodies, or getting your first plane to fly, is comparable to real-life adventuring conquests. Building and flying rockets has never been more fun.

Possibilities for expansion of gameplay are vast thanks to the awesome modding scene and community. I recommend a playthrough of classic career mode, without any mods, in order to learn the game. From there, you can take it in many directions using countless mods - more realism, new planets, multiplayer, weapons, hundreds of new parts and rocket types, you name it.

At the moment I would say the downsides are the limited engine and the career mode not being very interesting. At some point, when your rockets start getting really big, there is a lot of graphical lag. 64-bit client is still unstable. The all-new career mode is supposed to add financial side to the game and make you build more responsibly taking care of reputation and, most importantly, money, but to be honest it feels like a bottleneck and obstacle on your way to conquering the space. at the end of the day it doesn't matter, the building and flying part of the game is so magnificent, it deserves the highest score on its own. Perhaps, the game developer will find a way to make career work, but that would only add a cherry on top of a cake that is already delicious.

I consider the money paid on KSP as the best money I ever spent on entertainment.

Tip: Watch Scott Manley's tutorials, game is hard.
  60. May 12, 2015
    Greatest game ever made, I logged hundreds of hours before it was even a game. Now under full release it is difficult to see how anything else comes close.

Lego with rockets. What more do you want?
  61. May 11, 2015
    A very impressive game. In fact it is not so much a game as a quite realistic space exploration simulator. The physics are amazingly well done, including aerodynamics, propulsion, heating, gravity and orbital vectors. It is a difficult proposition to get anywhere though, except perhaps directly into the nearest mountain if you can`t get your rocket to work. Just getting successfully intoA very impressive game. In fact it is not so much a game as a quite realistic space exploration simulator. The physics are amazingly well done, including aerodynamics, propulsion, heating, gravity and orbital vectors. It is a difficult proposition to get anywhere though, except perhaps directly into the nearest mountain if you can`t get your rocket to work. Just getting successfully into orbit took me about nine serious launches once I had the technology I needed to even try. And once I finally got there I ended up an obscenely eliptical orbit with no fuel, leaving my kerbal lost in space. Try again! And again and again...
    There are some bugs still, as you might expect. The silliest one happens if you go EVA at the surface of your home planet. The game actually behaves as if you`re in orbit and the Kerbal astronaut will levitate above the landed craft as if he`s weightless. In fact, kerbal EVA behavior is one of the least compelling parts of the game, because it`s at the moment both buggy and fiddly. But these small issues will be fixed shortly I`m sure. There is also a lack of a more hardcore option to enable life support for even more realism. As far as I know a kerbal can stay on the Moon forever with nothing but his space suit while waiting for a rescue mission. It`s forgiving but not exactly immersive. At least not for me.
    But the game is weirdly addictive all the same. Every launch can teach you something if you`re paying attention; either about how not to build rockets and ships or about the ideal angle to go for to find stable orbit and just loads of other things. Success feels very rewarding because of all this trial and error and because the game doesn`t cheat you. If you build a good ship you`ll probably get things done. Build a bad one and you`ll explode in a fireball or indeed get lost in space.
    There are also an absolute ton of components of various kinds to research and build, astronauts to train and things to see; if you can get there. The game takes place in a solar system with several planets and many many moons. And everywhere you go you do science, which is a sort of currency to unlock more gear for your ships. Every planet has several biotopes and you can do many experiments in each one. It also matters at what altitude you do the experiments and completionists may develop aneurisms trying to keep track of what they have missed and not in this complex web of research objects. All in all it`s deep and excellent fun. It is also a rewarding learning experience for people who want to find out about physics, astronomy (Made up astronomy in a fictional solar system mind you.) and aviation. The quality of both the physics simulation, the economic simulation and the science simulation can`t be overstated. It is all absolutely magnificent. And still you can see room for improvement all over the place. Not because the game is really missing anything but because the scope is such that you could add to it forever. More details on planet surfaces, more variation of missions for you to complete in the campaign mode, more ship parts, more types of astronauts and of course life support features. There is an endless potential here for as long as the developers are able to keep it going with patches and expansions. If they do then Kerbal Space Program could well become an all time classic. In fact it`s almost there already.

And the interface is superb to go along with all this, including the intuitive and brilliant ship designer. You can do absolutely anything you want with it, including deliberately putting all your engines off center so you crash into the nearest building or placing engines upside down or at weird angles. You can even put kerbals in separate components and jettison them in sub orbit so they crash and die. None of that will get you to the moon of course, or anywhere else for that matter. But it`s such great game design to allow you to do it anyway. If you want to open your parachute and decouple the capsule before launch and then fire your engine so everything disintegrates in a shower of exploding fuel containers right above the launch pad you can. If you want to make a plane with one wing so you careen into the grasslands and explode when you fire up the engine, you can. The amount of ways you can fail in this game is staggering, but this freedom of choice is to a large degree what makes KSP such a pleasure to play.
    Having said all this, the game is certainly not for everyone. Unless you enjoy solving problems, a certain degree of meticulous planning and unless you have a lot of patience and perseverance then you might become very frustrated with Kerbal Space Program. Learning how to do everything right here is a tall order for anyone, and failure is inevitable. Lots and lots of failure. For everyone else though I can`t recommend it highly enough. I would mark it 10 if I didn`t know full well that the game is likely to be even better very shortly. And that is high praise indeed.
  62. May 11, 2015
    Bought this game 1.5 year ago and it's one of the few games I still play to this day. I think that says enough!

Huge modding community too.

+10!
  63. May 10, 2015
    You've spent weeks finally getting a Kerbel to the "mun." He's out of fuel and it's your fault. -And your contract sure didn't tell you to strand a Kerbel on the mun - it demanded you orbit the mun, and you're running out of time. You don't have any new parts to work with, and what you thought was your best - that beautiful 8-stage setup, a masterpiece of drag-conscious design - wasn'tYou've spent weeks finally getting a Kerbel to the "mun." He's out of fuel and it's your fault. -And your contract sure didn't tell you to strand a Kerbel on the mun - it demanded you orbit the mun, and you're running out of time. You don't have any new parts to work with, and what you thought was your best - that beautiful 8-stage setup, a masterpiece of drag-conscious design - wasn't good enough. It sucked, and until you correct your mistake, you suck. It was pretty and elegant - easy to understand (and it sure was expensive!) - so I guess you're like the Apple of rocket design without the benefits of using UNIX... congratulations, go man the Genius Bar.

You don't click "recover kerbel and spacecraft." Nope - he effectively represents 100,000 units of currency frozen because you didn't plan well enough. Your budget's tighter than before you screwed up, but you need to build a spacecraft which can collect the kerbel, orbit the mun, and then return to not-Earth without burning up or crashing too hard. Right? Not necessarily, and probably not. KSP challenges you to think long and hard about the most efficient solutions to problems, no matter how ugly they appear. -And nobody's going to fault you for starting career mode from scratch at that point... so long as you learned enough to not repeat your mistakes, which is easier said than done.
  64. May 9, 2015
    I first tried KSP during early access, and have playing it ever since. Even after all this time, I have hardly even scratched the surface as to what one can really accomplish in this game. There is tons of learning and exploring involved with this game, and that is part of it's charm. The sense of accomplishment you get when you overcome obstacles is unlike anything you will experience inI first tried KSP during early access, and have playing it ever since. Even after all this time, I have hardly even scratched the surface as to what one can really accomplish in this game. There is tons of learning and exploring involved with this game, and that is part of it's charm. The sense of accomplishment you get when you overcome obstacles is unlike anything you will experience in other games. When you finally land your Kerbals on the Moon (Mun) for instance, that in itself is an accomplishment that Is worth bragging about to your friends.

Even my coworkers have taken a liking to KSP after watching me play it. There is, quite frankly, no other experience like it.
  65. May 8, 2015
    It is a very fun game on its own. Producing catastrophic failures has never been this fun. It provokes childish curiosity like nothing I've experienced since leaving primary school. Great mod support and charming little astronauts to boot.

If I would have kids, this would be the game I want them to play.
  66. May 7, 2015
    Absolutely great game. I enjoyed not looking up tutorial videos and just making it barely out of the athmosphere, having no idea how to get any science points at all. When I found out I had "wasted" 8 hours of gameplay because I just had to click on one of the science modules attached to my rockets I face palmed harder than ever in Crusader Kings II or any other game. I felt so dumb andAbsolutely great game. I enjoyed not looking up tutorial videos and just making it barely out of the athmosphere, having no idea how to get any science points at all. When I found out I had "wasted" 8 hours of gameplay because I just had to click on one of the science modules attached to my rockets I face palmed harder than ever in Crusader Kings II or any other game. I felt so dumb and yet so happy at the same time. 10/10
    FYI: There is this guy Scott Manley on youtube who provides a lot of gameplay material if you are interested in this game and how to get along in career mode.
  67. May 7, 2015
    Great game, the technical presentation reminds me of the original UFO defense from Microprose in 1994
    I want to see streamlined KERBAL 2 - similar to recent reboot by Firaxis XCOM in analogy. They streamlined it well with good game mechanics and graphics. Not perfect, yet I prefer it over original now.
    I have about 50h in Kerbal - however my excitement is diminishing with the weak

I have about 50h in Kerbal - however my excitement is diminishing with the weak boring graphics, loading in between flight center and launchpad etc. - empty planets.

KERBAL 2 vision:
    - immense graphics overhaul (think no mans sky)
    - somewhat streamlined gameplay and research (not everybody want to deal with 20 different winglets etc.)
    - better time speed mechanics and limits.
    - planet view needs to look as real planets with hi-res textures and dynamic atmosphere (if it has one)
    - narrative gameplay single player - journey across Galaxy etc. (think homeworld)
    - better physics of cloth for parachute
    - I'm sure there is more...

This is already a huge success for your studio. Keep evolving, now you have funds - take it to next step! ;-)
  68. May 7, 2015
    Brilliant, satisfying, and highly addictive game once you push past the initial, admittedly steep, learning curve. In a nutshell, you build, launch, and hopefully, fly, rockets for the inquisitive and quite undaunted little green Kerbals, whose main aim in life is to one day land on the Mun.

The game holds up a mirror to our own endeavours in space, and does so with a reasonable level of physics simulation; various aspects of the game being simulated to a greater or lesser degree so as not to detract too much from the fun factor. Rather sneakily, it also teaches you quite a bit about realistic orbital mechanics and rockets in general without you noticing.

You start off launching very simple rockets with an initial aim of reaching orbit. Later on, you'll be tasked to create more ambitious missions to fly to, land on, and, hopefully, return from, the Mun and then on to the other planets of the Kerbol solar system.

There are various modes to play in, from a completely open sandbox where you can build and fly your wildest creations, to a full on career mode where you have to carefully balance your budget against the missions you're currently trying to complete.

There is not much in the way of hand-holding which can put new players off a bit, but the KSP community (on the official forums and Reddit) is absolutely amazing, as well as a plethora of YouTube channels offering both immersive stories as well as tutorials. Through the community you also gain access to a huge variety of mods, which add pretty much everything from additional science experiments to more rocket parts and even planets to complete rewrites of the aerodynamics systems for the diehard simulation fanatics.

The only minus is that even though KSP has finally come out of Early Access, there are still a few minor niggles and final game play balance adjustments to be made, but the developers are well on the ball and development of the game continues.

Be warned, this is not a casual 5-minutes-at-a-time game, but if you do get into it, it's well worth the initial investment and will lead to (hundreds of) hours of fun as the inexhaustible supply of Kerbals queues up to be launched on your crazy creations... hopefully returning safely!
  69. May 6, 2015
    An amazing 1.0 release for a game that has been developed correctly: Steadily and with massive user input.

Career mode leads you through progressively, and the tutorials are nicely done. Some of the missions in the career mode are as crazy as Kerbals, but achieving them makes you a better ship designer.

I can't say enough good things about this crazy game. But it and enjoy it. Very fun.
  70. May 6, 2015
    Have played this for about a 2 years and have to say the game is amazing. I hope the developers keep to their word and provide fresh new free updates as the game grows. Needless to say that, this is not an easy game to get into and instantly build amazing ships. There is a huge learning curve but once you get the game mechanics down it is very fun. I've logged about 1000 hours into it andHave played this for about a 2 years and have to say the game is amazing. I hope the developers keep to their word and provide fresh new free updates as the game grows. Needless to say that, this is not an easy game to get into and instantly build amazing ships. There is a huge learning curve but once you get the game mechanics down it is very fun. I've logged about 1000 hours into it and still learn new things. Definitely worth it. Also worth supporting an amazing indie developer. They have always stayed true to their community. Btw forgot to mention that there is also a ton of mods available for the game which enhance it with great features. Expand
  71. May 5, 2015
    Kerbal Space Program is a game where you design, build and fly your own spacecraft. It is probably not for everyone. It's not a game you can just casually play, but it isn't a game for gamers necessarily. It is most of all a game for the curious and creative minded. I say it's not casual not because you have to obsess over it, but because it will demand a lot from you. With the officialKerbal Space Program is a game where you design, build and fly your own spacecraft. It is probably not for everyone. It's not a game you can just casually play, but it isn't a game for gamers necessarily. It is most of all a game for the curious and creative minded. I say it's not casual not because you have to obsess over it, but because it will demand a lot from you. With the official 1.0 release physics were greatly improved and so the learning curve will be steep at first, after all it is rocket science!

If you are up to it it will give you some of the most rewarding experiences the gaming world has to offer. Mind you, I say you need curiosity and creativity for good reasons. It is a game that has a very vast universe (a whole solar system) but absolutely no pre-set goals, except those you set for yourself. Even in career mode, where you will be given contracts to complete, you can choose which contracts to accept and they you will pobably have set yourself a lot of challenges before contracts to do exactly that are even available. In the end contracts are more a menas to an end. They will reward you with precious funds and science points, needed in career mode, to launch ever better spacecraft. Once you get the basics, getting to orbit or the moon will feel almost intuitive, but when you want to get to the moons of Jool (KSP analog for Jupiter) and back you will need to get creative. After all the kerbal's level of technology is only slightly more advanced than humanity's!

In the first of stages of the game you may find yourself asking "how can I make a rocket that will get me to the moon and back in one piece?" but later on you will be thinking about things like how to build a carrier in orbit that will take your new spaceplanes to one of the moons of Jool where you have established a colony but you need transportation for the Kerbals now living and doing science in there. Really neat stuff.
  72. May 5, 2015
    Short version: Buy it now! What are you waiting for?
    Long version: I'm 40 years old and I play video-games from when I was 8 years old and this is the game that I love more then any other! I played almost 700 hours on Steam and only because I've a work, a wife and two little children to attend for, if only I had more free time I would have played KSP a lot more.
    Just an hint: don't stop
    Short version: Buy it now! What are you waiting for?
    Just an hint: don't stop at the stock version, explore the wonderful mods. If you are searching a more focused Career game play try BTSM, an extremely polished mod (but much harder than stock KSP).
  73. May 5, 2015
    An amazing science sandbox for all users, have tons of hours on it. I can't wait until they start using this in schools (if they even will do anything).
  74. May 5, 2015
    I am a hard critic and KSP is easily beyond anything I would call a game. The replay value alone is worth all of the FPS games I have ever played for 15 years combined and multiplied by 10. There is a lot to learn, but the learning process is epic. My only negative is choosing Unity3D as the engine held back the game. It is not too long before Part Count becomes a problem and thisI am a hard critic and KSP is easily beyond anything I would call a game. The replay value alone is worth all of the FPS games I have ever played for 15 years combined and multiplied by 10. There is a lot to learn, but the learning process is epic. My only negative is choosing Unity3D as the engine held back the game. It is not too long before Part Count becomes a problem and this should not be the case on a modern gaming rig. However, this does not make a dent in the 10/10 score given. Awesome work, Awesome community and Awesome game design about an Awesome subject. Expand
  75. May 5, 2015
    This is the most original and successful game design to come out in years. The kind of challenges it provides are the kind where you master the challenge by learning, and then you move on to the next challenge ready to learn the next thing. The game is difficult when you lack knowledge, and easy when you gain knowledge. That is not a common thing in computer games, and is what makes KSPThis is the most original and successful game design to come out in years. The kind of challenges it provides are the kind where you master the challenge by learning, and then you move on to the next challenge ready to learn the next thing. The game is difficult when you lack knowledge, and easy when you gain knowledge. That is not a common thing in computer games, and is what makes KSP very special. If you have any doubts that you must experience this game, check out the tutorials on youtube for getting into orbit. If you're the kind of person who is interested enough to read a review, see it in action and you will be hooked. Expand
  76. May 5, 2015
    Kerbal Space Program is nothing less than a modern masterpiece. I have poured countless dozens, perhaps hundreds, of hours into this game, and not one second of it all do I regret. Buying KSP is by far the greatest investment I have ever made. The parts are diverse, the physics and aerodynamics works perfect with any craft, and the amount of exploration possible is unparalleled.

Don't

Don't even give buying KSP a second thought, you WILL love it.
  77. May 3, 2015
    I dare say that no other game features such a high-quality blend of sandbox fun, rewarding challenge, and educational value. Realistic but fun, awe-inspiring but cute, this game ticks many unique checkboxes and should have a place in the collection of every geek, or fan of simulation games.
  78. May 3, 2015
    One of the best sandbox games I have ever played. Spend hundred of hours jus trying to build a rocket that could reach the first moon. The career mode is incredible, mixing the right amount of progress and cost. 11 out of 10!
  79. May 2, 2015
    A game that makes you use your brain, while having loads of fun. Also the HUGE mod following guaranties hours of continued splosions and fun! 10/10......
  80. May 2, 2015
    I've already clocked over 900 hours in this game throughout the early access. Talk about getting your money's worth out of a game thousandfold!
    It is easily one of my all time favorites.
  81. May 2, 2015
    I have never played anything like this. I suspect what got me started was the constant news about SpaceX and it's landing attempts, giving an enormous appreciation for the engineering that goes into space exploration and access. In this game, you will be touching up the engineering, the science and astronomy, the astronauts, the orbital and celestial dynamics and so much more. It's anI have never played anything like this. I suspect what got me started was the constant news about SpaceX and it's landing attempts, giving an enormous appreciation for the engineering that goes into space exploration and access. In this game, you will be touching up the engineering, the science and astronomy, the astronauts, the orbital and celestial dynamics and so much more. It's an incredible experience, despite occasionally presented in rudimentary ways. It sometimes makes me wonder if Unity was the best game engine for this, but it has non the less been masterfully executed. I've played on and off since early access on Steam, and it just keeps getting better. Add a vibrant mod community, and you have what I think should be game of the year. Like Civilization, it inspires you to learn about the real world, and you will never watch a rocket launch on TV in the quite the same way. Learn it, play it, love it. (and for God's sake, use YouTube, or you will be truly lost in space). Expand
  82. May 2, 2015
    Perhaps the best game ever created, along with Civilization series. It's fun, educational and addictive. I have been waiting long for the release, because I would have given the version 0.21 already 10/10. I recommend playing it in science-only mode, because money slightly limits your crazy ideas (MORE boosters!). Also, don't mind too much about the contracts, and the administrationPerhaps the best game ever created, along with Civilization series. It's fun, educational and addictive. I have been waiting long for the release, because I would have given the version 0.21 already 10/10. I recommend playing it in science-only mode, because money slightly limits your crazy ideas (MORE boosters!). Also, don't mind too much about the contracts, and the administration building is just boring. But these flaws don't decrease the score, because you can just avoid them. Expand
  83. May 1, 2015
    This game does everything right. Perfect mix of hardcore physics simulation and casual tongue in cheek fun blowing stuff up with little green men. Active developers that listened to feedback and made changes throughout it's time as a poster child of early access games, amazing modding community and open frameworks to play any way you want. If anything about any of these genres interest youThis game does everything right. Perfect mix of hardcore physics simulation and casual tongue in cheek fun blowing stuff up with little green men. Active developers that listened to feedback and made changes throughout it's time as a poster child of early access games, amazing modding community and open frameworks to play any way you want. If anything about any of these genres interest you there is no way you could go wrong with Kerbal. Need it more hardcore or realistic? Mod it. Need it more casual? Sandbox modes. The game will subtly teach you orbital mechanics and real concepts and expand your interest and knowledge about our real life space exploration and give you the appreciation and wonder for space like you are a kid again wishing to be an astronaut no matter your current age. Expand
  84. May 1, 2015
    Been playing it for ages, while most other games will make you lose interest in the game, this will stick harder that super-glue and above all... you like it!
  85. May 1, 2015
    Kerbal Space Program is one of the most genius, enthralling, satisfying and suspenseful games I have had the pleasure to play. It combines elements of open world sandbox, building, physics, strategy and EXPLOSIONS in perfect harmony like the strings of a finely tuned instrument.

While exploring the Kerbal solar system, I encounter challenges and hardship as my Kerbonauts and spacecraft traverse deeper into space. The tension I felt while landing on the moon for the first time and the satisfaction there after is unmatched by any other computer i have played.

The games accurate physics lets you take advantage of gravity-assists, aerobraking, and the Oberth effect, which will a necessity for prevailing in more ambiguous endeavors. Building absurd contraptions and exploring the limits and loopholes of the physics is so stimulating.

Kerbal Space Program tests your perseverance as well as your ingenuity, while sparking your creativity and curiosity.

It might even teach you a thing or two about rocket science.
  86. May 1, 2015
    I have logged over 1500 hours since update 17.3 over two years ago, and am still playing just as much today. It is impossible to be bored playing KSP. From building a plane to launching a rocket to the depths of outer space and back, everything will have you on the edge of your seat, and have your kerbal astronauts hanging on for dear life. This is probably the best game that I have everI have logged over 1500 hours since update 17.3 over two years ago, and am still playing just as much today. It is impossible to be bored playing KSP. From building a plane to launching a rocket to the depths of outer space and back, everything will have you on the edge of your seat, and have your kerbal astronauts hanging on for dear life. This is probably the best game that I have ever played and more than likely the best you ever will. Expand
  87. May 1, 2015
    One of my favorite games, astrodynamics FTW, not only that but also explosions! When I got the game in 2012, The first thing I did was to crash my rocket into the ground (Not intentionally), later of course was to get a rocket to land into the mun, it took me 1 week trying to not crash into the mun, Later I didn't know what to do, and I would quit playing, but later an idea came into myOne of my favorite games, astrodynamics FTW, not only that but also explosions! When I got the game in 2012, The first thing I did was to crash my rocket into the ground (Not intentionally), later of course was to get a rocket to land into the mun, it took me 1 week trying to not crash into the mun, Later I didn't know what to do, and I would quit playing, but later an idea came into my head that I would love to try it out, and most of the time it didn't work, but that didn't stop me cause I just knew it could be done. And I kept playing until new updates came and I saw how the game changed and just new ideas came into my head. I must have spent at least 1000 hours in this game just doing stuff that I knew it could work, when you see this potential of time you realize this game its really what I would call a sandbox, doing things because you want. I can't say that this game is perfect I used to play with mods, BTW the community is awesome, speaking of science in the forums is quite nice, I also got to say that I love science, that's why I am studying a career related with it. Going back to the game the Kerbals are Hilarious, the science mechanics and career mode are quite nice, even tough it could be better, and just because its released doesn't mean it can't have updates, the team is committed into make a nice game. Finally I don't think all people will agree in my position, its not a game for everybody, its quite unique, and because of that I give it a nice score, just because its a really original game that people from all ages like. Hopefully people get inspired from this indie game that deserves a place. Expand
  88. May 1, 2015
    I have never, ever, played as many hours of a game as I have KSP. From Alpha, into Beta, and now in release, I've racked up more than 500 hours of playing it unmodded, and uncounted hours that weren't tracked by Steam in a modded version. The community for this game is huge, growing, and active, and as it runs on the Unity engine modding is amazingly easy (drag and drop, run the game). NotI have never, ever, played as many hours of a game as I have KSP. From Alpha, into Beta, and now in release, I've racked up more than 500 hours of playing it unmodded, and uncounted hours that weren't tracked by Steam in a modded version. The community for this game is huge, growing, and active, and as it runs on the Unity engine modding is amazingly easy (drag and drop, run the game). Not that it needs mods; the game stands on its own tremendously well.

That said, it can be a daunting task playing this game: there's a saying in rocket-science that applies to this game very strongly, and that I feel it is important for all new players to remember when they try, fail, try again...

"If you make it into orbit, you're halfway to everywhere."
  89. May 1, 2015
    A hardcore orbital physics simulator disguised as a casual sandbox rocket-builder. Doesn't handhold and provides a real sense of accomplishment for self-made goals. Hundreds of hours of fun to be had.
  90. Apr 30, 2015
    My favorite game since 2012, 1006 hours played, greatly boosted my comprehension of astrodynamics.
    Visited all celestial bodies. Used Hohman transfers, warp engines, Oberth effect, boosters, ion engines, ISRU. Zeppelins, performed rendez-vous, docking.. aero-braking, flew around kerbin, performed aerial acrobatics for fun, landed on top of the buildings.. Designed hundreds of vessels, etc.

I do not see the end of my playing this game anywhere in the near future.
  91. Apr 30, 2015
    This is the game I've wanted ever since I told my mom to write NASA a dirty letter for not inviting me along for the first trip to the moon (I was four at the time).

The game's not perfect, it has a few WTH level bugs in the 1.0 release, and while the simulation is far more accurate than you'd expect from a game, there are some corners that got cut, such as life support, in the interest of keeping the game fun for more normal people.

It doesn't require a lot of math or science to start, but you will learn orbital mechanics and such along the way. If you've ever had any interest in planning or flying semi-realistic space missions, you should try this game. I'm among those that have played this game for thousands of hours, and I can still find interesting things to do. On the other hand, it doesn't have a campaign, even in career mode you don't get goals forced on you other than "don't go broke."
  92. Apr 30, 2015
    Introduction
    • Build and fly your own rocket designs in a simulated solar system!
    • Model of Early Access success! • Create and Play game: You create your own rockets and planes, and then you play with them! • Robust simulation with accurate flight sim and space-flight characteristics. • Variety of Game Mode is easy to start enjoying right away. Game Play – SOLID, a solid
    Introduction
    • Build and fly your own rocket designs in a simulated solar system!
    • Model of Early Access success!
    • Robust simulation with accurate flight sim and space-flight characteristics.
    • Variety of Game Mode is easy to start enjoying right away.

Game Play – SOLID, a solid consistent experience (18/20)
    • Accurate simulation, but not so restrictive it’s impossible to learn. (5/5)
    • Huge variety of building blocks, nearly infinite variety of designs. (5/5)
    • Great variety of game modes. (5/5)
    • Certain game modes have a steep learning curve with little help.
    Also, not clear which one to start with. (3/5)

Controls – EXCELLENT, but can’t edit in-game (18/20)
    • Customizable controls. Flight stick useful but not required. (5/5)
    • Some minor options missing – can’t change controls in-game. (4/5)
    • Default controls are easy to use, but take a bit of getting used to. (4/5)
    • Construction controls are intuitive, with deep customization. (5/5)

Challenge Level – HIGH, lacks some guidance (14/20)
    • The challenge level starts at moderate, but fun. (5/5)
    • Learning curve is steep. With frequent road-blocks. (3/5)
    • Good Tutorials overall, sometimes can’t finish for seemingly arbitrary reasons. (3/5)
    • Hard to know what game mode is best to start. (3/5)

Presentation – SIMPLE IS GOOD (16/20)
    • Ships parts are simple but detailed. Ships can end up being quite detailed! (5/5)
    • KSC Buildings are highly detailed and destructible, but few other buildings to be found. (3/5)
    • Sound is excellent, flight, crashes, explosions, music, and menu blips. (5/5)
    • Atmosphere is well done, but no clouds and water lacks detail. (3/5)

Unique Elements – ONE OF A KIND (20/20)
    • Build your own Rocket Ships and Planes with a huge variety of parts. (5/5)
    • Fly your own creations to other planets. (5/5)
    • 100% Newtonian Physics! (5/5)
    • It’s Rocket Science Tycoon! (5/5)

Conclusion: 86/100

My Recommendations
    • New to KSP? Start with Science Mode.
    • Go through all the tutorials, at least once.
  93. Apr 30, 2015
    KSP is the sort of game you don't simply "Get in to" nor is it the sort of game that you can just leave alone. The detail and time taken to get the game easy enough to learn and mess around with but realistic enough to make everything feel like an achievement is staggering. The difference between it's current state and that of even the last update (Beta than ever to he full version) isKSP is the sort of game you don't simply "Get in to" nor is it the sort of game that you can just leave alone. The detail and time taken to get the game easy enough to learn and mess around with but realistic enough to make everything feel like an achievement is staggering. The difference between it's current state and that of even the last update (Beta than ever to he full version) is phenomenal and just shows how dedicated the team is. The only fault (as of the time of writing 20:18 GMT 30/4/15) is we are yet to be given the barn. Expand

1. Jan 20, 2016
    Kerbal Space Program isn't just a fantastic space game. It's one of those games that makes you glad you play on PC, because it could only come to exist on PC.
  2. Power Unlimited
    Jul 24, 2015
    KSP is bloody fantastic! The possibilities are endless and the feeling you get after a successful mission is the best ever. You should probably buy this video game. [Jul 2015, p.063]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 8, 2015
    Neither for the impatient, nor for absolute purists this simulation although focuses to the latter significantly more. When your game is supported by NASA itself, you are just doing something exceptionally well. [Issue#253]