5.0

1. Jul 29, 2013
    It's a game somewhat like Rome Total War or Warhammer Dark Omen except that the units have more special abilities and the battles are heavily scprited (missions). Before you can start any battle, you have to dig thru an endless sequence of branching dialogs which tell you the story (since I am not a keen reader I attempted to just skip all that rubbish to finally see the battles, but got stuck in looping branches meaning, you do have to read them which is pretty frustrating). Ok, then I tried two missions, one for the archer hero and one for the warrior one. The archer's first mission is ridiculous: every time an enemy partol sees you they run away and alert the whole map, bringing so many enemies to you that you can't win. Even if you leave the spot where the patrol saw you, the enemies will still find you anywhere. I gave up on this after 2 tries. The mission for the warrior puts you on the edge of the map, and the whole map seems to be surrounded by high mountains with no hope to get inside. The camera is locked to the units, you just can't view the field freely to see where you have to go. So, I gave up on that one, too. Frankly, I'd give this game a 0 since I couldn't play it. I did see the interesting abilities though (which i couldn't really test in battle). The 2D GUI of the game looks very dated though the models of soldiers in the units are insanely detailed. A very strange game with lots of wasted development effort, and definitely an unplayable one. Expand
  2. Sep 26, 2011
    When I bought the expansion to King Arthur, the Roleplaying Wargame (a game I had enjoyed immensly despite its flaws) I thought it would be an extra map or something that plays similar to the original. To my dismay, they decided to make it a completely different game. Now it's linear, with way too much quest text and way too rigid scenarios. I stopped playing after a few scenarios and gave up on it, it's just not nearly as fun as the original game.

If only they'd make an expansion that plays like the original game, just a continuation of it rather than making something completely different. Bleh!
  3. Sep 26, 2011

1. Nov 13, 2011
    Neocore seems to have completely misunderstood what made King Arthur great. It's stripped out all the parts of the game that made it loveable and left a watered down, medieval Dawn of War II wannabe in its place. We just hope that Fallen Champions isn't an indication of what's to come from King Arthur 2.
  2. Oct 25, 2011
    This is strictly a game for those who have run out of RTS games and have nothing to play until the Christmas games come out. There is probably ten bucks of gameplay in here, though.
  3. Oct 3, 2011
    If you haven't played King Arthur, then you won't really enjoy this a whole lot, and if you have played it you'll just think of how much better it is than this weird expansion. I recommend that you check out the original game if you haven't played it, and if you have played it you should just wait for King Arthur 2 to come out.