• Publisher: 1C
  • Release Date: Sep 17, 2010
8.6

1. Jan 6, 2013
    Somehow I missed this one before, so my first go with King's Bounty series was the Crossworlds. The game offered me lots of hours of happiness and deep strategic challenges. The environment is colourful, joyful and often cartoonish. The design succesfully makes you to get into the game even more. Sure the graphics are outdated, and the game mechanics are simple; but who cares. Everything runs smoothly and well and that's enough for me.

Accuse me of nostalgia, but I wish the game had similar game progression with Disciples 2. Overall, I would rate it a 9. It is strongly recommended to all strategy fans, who were dissapointed by Disciples 3 and HoMM; else it's a pass. I bought on a sale on steam; it's worth every penny for me.
  2. Jun 3, 2013
    I loved this addition. Another solid 40 hours (I like doing all/most of the quests, a completionist). It was great fun from beginning to end. It made me realize how much more I like the King's Bounty series over others like Might & Magic. It feels much more free as there is no time limit and the progression always felt normal.

Tons of detail, lots of fun. I hope King's Bounty is
    recreated in the future. Such a great game. Expand
  3. Nov 27, 2010
    There's enough additional content here, and I truly respect this series as a fan of the genre. While it trumps Disciples 3 in most other ways, there is not enough of a visual hierarchy ingrained in KB's units to convey their menacing or pitiful statistics. D3 uses a very distinct and striking consistency in it's art direction that better communicates a units' status. As King's Bounty is dominated by combat, this lack of visual flare beyond bright coloring starts to grate. Additionally, the omission of AI negates any time-pressure on the player, reducing it to a mmorpg-style grind fest, and the inability to replenish certain high-level units means that losing a special unit is frustrating. The whole series is frustrating - HOMM, Disciples and KB all boast great game-play elements, but some not-so-good ones. Combine the best elements of the three and a stunning game will emerge. Collapse

1. Jan 8, 2011
    King's Bounty: Crossworld, with two new campaigns and a powerful editor, represents a great value bot for the new and the returning players.
  2. Oct 25, 2010
    Worth it for the two vibrant mini-campaigns, but only if you're dying for more KB. It doesn't sex up the formula at all.
  3. Oct 22, 2010
    The strategic roleplay saga continues beautifully with King's Bounty: Crossworlds. Two new campaigns and an improvement of the old one has been added, and gives new depth to the series. The entertainment value of the game is better than ever, even though the game engine, graphics and game system remains the same.