Knights of Honor PC

9.1

1. Oct 12, 2011
    As with most strategy games, Knights of Honor is a little difficult to learn, if one is not accustomed to the genre. The developers thought it was a good idea to prevent players from skipping through three different introductions from gaming companies and an intro that is almost three minutes long. This is absolutely unacceptable. To stop this, you are forced to hold down the left Ctrl keyAs with most strategy games, Knights of Honor is a little difficult to learn, if one is not accustomed to the genre. The developers thought it was a good idea to prevent players from skipping through three different introductions from gaming companies and an intro that is almost three minutes long. This is absolutely unacceptable. To stop this, you are forced to hold down the left Ctrl key while clicking repeatedly the left mouse button (this took some Google searching to discover). What kind of idiotic idea is that? The tutorial is adequate, and the text is accompanied by an ideal voice actor. Voice acting as a whole is excellent. The in-game help system is also very good. There are some issues with crashing from time to time. The user reviewers here were spot on about this game. It is extremely addictive to grow, expand, rule Europe and its surrounding areas. Knights of Honor sucks you in and doesn't want to let you go. The hunger for more power, territory expansion, and blood grows each and every minute. The fun, tension, and excitement increases in strength after every battle, and every province won. You will not notice at all how the hours pass while playing this game. Easily, six our eight hours will expire before you notice. Restroom breaks will also become nonexistent. You will not want to stop! Nothing else will matter! Your eyes will be glued to the monitor! When you are not playing, you will be thinking about strategies to improve your kingdom and to win the game. The game is so good, I even lose sleep thinking about it. I want it all! The entire continent! There is near infinite re-playability, as each of the many kingdoms to choose from will play differently than the next. In addition, each game will also differ from each other, as near limitless alternative history scenarios will evolve and transpire. I would have liked for the game to have the in-game date for perspective. I would have also liked for the player to have access to more than just three religions from the period, with a choice to convert to atheism or at the very least paganism. It would have also been nice if the game included information on what language each kingdom spoke as well. What is also nice is that you can choose to not micromanage the battles. You are allowed to utilize the knights' AI to battle for you. This is one of the most engrossing and absorbing games I have ever played. I admit, that towards the very end, I had grown a bit tired of fighting all the time, but winning the game brought on a natural smile to my face. It took me about 33 hours to take Europe. Expand
  2. JonathanT
    Feb 24, 2008
    Amazing how they can make a game with such low quality graphics into the most addicitve game ever made. Warning: Stay AWAY from this game if you have an addictive personality, you would play this nonstop. The other thing I will say is that the music is brilliant.
  3. Oct 30, 2011
    I love this game for the following aspects:

I love this game for the following aspects:

Strategy in real time, no turn based, with high replay value and it's easy to play for initiates. No big fancy graphics but they're absolutely on the level. There's developing, recruiting, espionage, coups to take other countries by inheritance with a carefully planned marriage, family to keep your dynasty living on, generals and other vassals to upgrade. There's the pope's crusades to rant about, and another interesting aspect about this is that when you pick a country to start with, you'll also get its religion. Later you can change it too. Other great aspects of the game is the RTS battles with all units in battles or sieges, with the possibility, if you have a nearby army in the world map, to call for aid. But you can either do these battles by a probability factor or as I said, by controlling the army yourself. There's so much more I could say about this game, but it all resumes to this: worth buying, totally.
  4. NikolayP.
    Oct 2, 2004
    One of the best games i've ever played - and i've played many....
  5. alik
    Sep 27, 2009
    Paradox have done it again; made a game with somwhat lauthable graphics and have turned it into something amazing. it nails all of the historical facts 100% {for histori lovers its a must]
  6. TobiasM
    Dec 27, 2009
    Knights of Honour stole a large part of my childhood and if you're a good rts fan you'll find it's addictivness rivalling WoW. This game is simply the best - it's getting old now and the combat is old but apart from that play this NOW if you have even the slightist intrest in RTS games.
  7. SamerK.
    Nov 10, 2004
    If you like the Civ games you'll like this one. I've been playing it nonstop for 3 days now.
  8. EricG.
    Jun 30, 2005
    A pretty good RTS. The controls are a little strange at times, and the graphics are kinda small. But, it's still a good game.
  9. GabrielB.
    Jan 2, 2005
    Great new type of game, makes a change after age of empire sorts of game, a really really really worth exploring game.
  10. ArseniyF.
    Dec 10, 2004
    Holy crap i have bin playing the demo fro 3 days now, and I live in the states and its only out in the Uk, but dont worry i ordered it , expensive as hell, but worth evrey penny.
  11. H.gaaert
    Dec 27, 2004
    This game is one of the best i ever have played. While the graphics arent that well, the gameplay is very broad. and the gameplay of rome totalwar is nothing compared to this.
  12. Aug 14, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played. The graphics may not be awesome but for real games, the gameplay is what matters and I can say this game delivers it.
  13. AlexP.
    May 15, 2004
    Loss for words...
  14. RobertB.
    Sep 29, 2004
    Never before has a demo amazed me so much. Excellent gameplay, perfection in the storyline, and amazingly replayable. I have never played a demo for as long as I have this one.
  15. AnwarA.
    Jun 13, 2005
    Coze tats the game in want after ROME TOTAL WAR.....my fav empire the Roman....Abbsids n Al-andusla(spain) is in the game :) from 1000 to 1500 gr8 medivial history...am history lover :D.
  16. Apr 6, 2012
    One of best strategy game there, it is a mix between paradox titles like EU and Total war, everything else is just amazing, I do not what to say, but it is really balanced and there are so much to do, feels like a grand strategy but still have this RTS feel, Unlike total war games the campaing map played in real time (which is much better than Turn based style), the battles played likeOne of best strategy game there, it is a mix between paradox titles like EU and Total war, everything else is just amazing, I do not what to say, but it is really balanced and there are so much to do, feels like a grand strategy but still have this RTS feel, Unlike total war games the campaing map played in real time (which is much better than Turn based style), the battles played like total war but everything in 2D, siege battles are amazing too, the art style of game is superb and the sound cant get any better than this, the only con I have despite being a 2005 game the graphics are so dated, feels like 2001 graphics more, but you will not care much once you get immersed in the game, the historic accuracy is high here, not to the paradox titles par but at least much better than total war game. If you are a strategy lover, this game is a must... Big 9 can be 10 if the graphic was a bit better. Expand
  17. Oct 20, 2012
    One of the best strategy games ever, the cartoony style is made with sense and is a plus.
    Game offers a good chalange, conquering the whole map is satisfying ^^
    Interesting model of building your cities, you basically decide what buildings you put in, this way you can focus on economy or military aspect of a given city. Kingdom Advantages system is also a great idea, ecourages expansion.
  18. Nov 18, 2013
    I'm going to give it a 10/10 because of the idiotic mediocre CRITIC reviews. The game is very detailed and addicting, there are many features in this game, and at the same time it doesn't have a steep learning curve. Graphics are outdated, so I didn't touch it until my graphics card burned out, and I'm glad it did because that was pretty much the only reason why I decided to start up thisI'm going to give it a 10/10 because of the idiotic mediocre CRITIC reviews. The game is very detailed and addicting, there are many features in this game, and at the same time it doesn't have a steep learning curve. Graphics are outdated, so I didn't touch it until my graphics card burned out, and I'm glad it did because that was pretty much the only reason why I decided to start up this game. There's a random start for every playthrough, and many kingdoms to choose from, making an infinite amount of starting possibilities. Campaign is all real time, and combat in this game feels like Total War in some aspects. If you liked Rome: Total War (first one) for its detailed kingdom management, you'll love this game. Expand
  19. Jul 6, 2013
    KOH is an excellent medieval RTS, very underrated and unknown by many players. It was originally released in Belgium 2004 by Sunflowers and then by Paradox for North America in 2005. Developed by Black Sea Studios, (now Crytek Black Sea) they did a fantastic job on this game. However, there are some things I don't like about it, and it's merely personal preference.

Despite KOH being a

Despite KOH being a great RTS, it does tend to get a little boring and repetitive after awhile. The developers could have done some extra things to spice it up more, such as more historical units, random events like disease, fires, barbarian/mongol invasion, the plague, a royal family tree, etc. I find it a little odd that knights live forever unless killed in battle or by a spy, and your Kings only die of old age or in battle or by a spy. Didn't the developers know people died of disease and other things in those days, just like we do in today's world? I'm not trying to flame, not at all, the game is great, but a little more realism would have made KOH the best RTS ever.

All in all, and despite my personal thoughts, KOH is a great game that everyone should try. You may love it, or hate it. 8/10
  20. Dec 27, 2016
    Seriously one of the best medieval strategy games ever. Very streamlined and accessible, but great gameplay and lots of fun. Each city on the map has different resources and local special units to recruit, giving you something cool and new with every city you conquer. You get a limited amount of heroes which you have to split between army generals and various dignitaries. There are someSeriously one of the best medieval strategy games ever. Very streamlined and accessible, but great gameplay and lots of fun. Each city on the map has different resources and local special units to recruit, giving you something cool and new with every city you conquer. You get a limited amount of heroes which you have to split between army generals and various dignitaries. There are some good diplomacy mechanics in place and the real time battles are intuitive and lots of fun. Expand

By mixing the real-time empire management of games like "Europa Universalis" with a tactical battle system that seems drawn from Impression's city-building games, Knights of Honor tries to offer a wide variety of experiences. Sadly this breadth causes the game to lose some of its focus.
  2. Strategically sound, with great replay value, but weak multiplayer. [Dec 2004, p.93]
  3. Though the complete control might be a little much for most gamers, the ones that learn the game will enjoy it very much. Creating a dynasty, signing peace treaties, and declaring wars really makes you feel like you’re in control.