8.4

1. Sep 24, 2014
    I think this game is impressive. It is full of surprise and its can be scary to. It will be best seller and i have greetings for all persons with see in this game something very good. It never make me bored and it was very exciting to explore all of secrets. Very good game. But i think i must agree it's can be hard to understand at first.
  2. May 13, 2014
    Knock-Knock, what I serious masterpiece here... I loved it, I don't know that much about the story, but I love the character and his talking, funny and interpretable what he says and the notes you found all over. Also I screwed it because I think I didn't find all the notes, but men what a trip. It is beautiful artisticly, it has a beautiful atmosphere, and also it has a nice at least fun strategy, haha I hope I'm not the only one who was going up and down trying to save his ass ah? You have to start really quick and scared before enemies come to not lose suddenly, you have time but then the enemies you encounter are rather random, but that is one of many attractives on the game. It is a conceptual game and also it has unique mechanics, for me this was one of the greatest experiences ever in videogames. I just have fun, a lot of fun, I really love art and this was a very nice special game, also I have to play it all over again because I could say I didn't win, because this game has something I was missing, the clock-head. Knock-Knock 9.8 Expand
  3. Nov 17, 2013
    Incredible atmosphere, excellent art-design, short gameplay and some questionable game design decisions. That's Knock-Knock for me. If you're a member of the "COD-audience", steer clear, otherwise it's highly recommended.
  4. Nov 16, 2013
    Est-Europe videogames always have something characteristic, same for this game. It's a small and pretty good esperience that will not scare you, but will be cool to play. VIRTUALINN.IT
  5. Nov 15, 2013
    Its good russian game.
    bad critics.
    the best indi game eva 2013
    i know and yor ask tell know this the best game indi game
    no its fun game yes its fun game
  6. Nov 14, 2013
    Do, NOT listen to the critics. They don't see the seer genius this "game" has to over. Wait, this isn't really a game...It's an experience. An out-of-body experience. The game is full of hidden meanings, subtleties and overall pure mindf**kery. The game mechanics, if you can call them that, are subliminally messaged to you. So after a while you know how to play the game, without knowing how to play the game. Strange isn't it? The game has an achievement making a reference to Twin Peaks which in it self is awesome. The game is ridiculously atmospheric and creepy. The main character who's name is unknown, is a housekeeper of sorts. Or you could call him a caretaker, of the sorts. Being a caretaker he has to stay up ALL night. This is not good for the human mind. The Caretaker (that's his name now.) starts seeing things, things that aren't actually there. But that's the catch, they, are not, there. They are fake. If you see one, it disappears. It never existed. Or did it? Maybe so, maybe not. The game is entirely based around perception. How do you see the game? Instead of me telling you what it is, you have to "experience" it for yourself. Make up your own idea of what the hell is going on here. They night visions are coming. Prepare yourself, stay awake until dawn. Stay sane. And whatever you do. DO NOT APPROACH THE GIRL IN THE CORNER!!! I REPEAT, DO, NOT, APPROACH, HER. Knock Knock. Who's there? ...............................................................................................................................................................You. Expand
  7. Nov 9, 2013
    Played this game for an hour, nothing happened. I walked through six houses and turned on all the lights in all the rooms. Sometimes the lights would go out, so I'd go turn them on again. My character kept talking about 'hiding' and when to turn the lights out, but none of it made any sense. There was never anything for me to hide from. One time when I was unlocking a door, a ghost walked through it, and then I had to start the level over for some reason. There was no opportunity for me to hide from it. Other than that, this was just a game about turning on lights. Dear god was that boring. Expand
  8. Oct 21, 2013
    Knock-Knock is the proof that video games really can be an art. It is a very deep and complicated game. It is not a horror nor a puzzle game, and critics who blame the game for not being scary or something like that have completely missed the point. Knock-Knock doesn't just tell you a story, it plays with your mind and asks YOU the questions.
  9. Oct 20, 2013
    This game isn't about the highest score you can attain or how many head shots you can get. This game isn't a game by pure definition. It's more like a interactive movie of sorts. You don't get a tutorial that shows you the rules to the game or any sort of hand holding, but that's what makes one of the mechanics for this game brilliant. It's that uncertainty of not knowing the game rules that creates the unnerving play through of this game. One of the lights went off and your clock re winded a few hours? Maybe the light is keeping you from seeing mobile guests. Do you keep getting swarmed by monsters? Maybe that's because there is a breach open somewhere.
    This game isn't about it telling you that it's a game. It's about you finding why it's a game. If you enjoy games that deviate from mainstream games, then you would be doing yourself a favor by picking this up. Just remember: Apply logic and the game's rules will be known to you.
  10. Oct 20, 2013
    This will be the shortest critic ever. The game is about opening doors, switching on the light, get in the woods and back in the house. You'll do that few times and the game ends. No tactics, no puzzle, no action and absolutely no pay off; just some nice graphics and that's it. If you like brainless games and waste your time switching on lights that's the game for you.
  11. Oct 17, 2013
    This "game" is trash. Art was sort of cute, in a 90's Tim Burton sort of way, but there are no mechanics. There is no actual "game" here. It seems like the game is based around RNG, which would be fine, if they would tell you that upfront.
  12. Oct 15, 2013
    This is a great project that can not be called "the game" as such. It's an experiment in which you have to take part himself, through the character, coming up with their own versions of events. I sponsored the game even during Kickstarter, and do not regret the money spent.
  13. Oct 14, 2013
    Glad to see there are developers who bring new ideas and concepts to a horror game. The game play mechanic is simple, but it is really fun to watch the haunted house gradually changing and past history of player and the house is gradually revealed via exploration.

I really like their use of CG, speech, exploration, and diary pages etc. to reveal the story, which integrate smoothly with
    the game play. The art style is great and really help to develop a creepy and strange atmosphere.

A hint to a reviewer complaining monster AI: you need to understand the story and hints provided to you during your game play, logic won't work in a haunted and strange environment.

I give this a 10 because this gives me a new experience of horror game, which doesn't rely on jump-scary or monsters with terrible look.

If there are developers watching here, here are my words to you. You guys just rock, please consider bringing more new ideas towards horror game. Many gamers are already bored with the old-fashioned style of horror game.
  14. Oct 13, 2013
    This game can be summarized in one word: WHAT?!

Knock knock is a (supposed) horror game. The protagonist, an hermit (for lack of a better definition), spend his sleepless nights guarding his house, which dark corners are a menace to his sanity. A great incipit, right? Except, not really.

The story doesn't make any sense. Most of the plot it's too scattered or too vague to scare,
    with reference to mysterious games or rituals, mysterious guests, mysterious visions, mysterious (again, pages of a mysterious diary of a mysterious protagonist in a mysterious place. Is it mysterious enough? Maybe too much!

There isn't an explanation for anything, making the player take wild guesses on what is happening. Is the lodger crazy? Is the house hunted? Is that monster real? Is the world real? Is it a nightmare? Unfortunately, nothing will be explained. Well, almost nothing: other things will have two or three possible explanations (you know, 'cause why the hell not!). Why? Because mysterious!

Who cares, the gameplay is awesome, right? ...right?

The gameplay is just shallow. You spend time in an house waiting for the dawn to arrive, trying to avoid monsters and other nightmare-ish stuff. Problem is, the monster A.I. is non-existent. It feels so random to be caught by a monster that it doesn't even make a difference to hide. Some time you will lose without even knowing what got you, and how. This is extremely frustrating.

There may or may not be a sanity meter (explanations? Nah. Who needs them.) which declares game over if empty. And it doesn't fill up. Just not. And it isn't even present in the beginning of the game. It just pops up. Because, why not, right?

Graphic wise, the game looks really god, with 2D background mixed with 3D walls and space, which is a real pleasure for the eye. And it's the only reason you may play.

In the end, you may like this game for how mysterious it is, OR hate it, for how mysterious (and shallow, and random, and non-sensical) it is. Your choice.
  15. Oct 12, 2013
    Very scary piece of artful gaming.

Like every game Ice-Pick Lodge has made, this game will not be for everyone. You will either love it or not have a clue how anyone could. I belong to the first group.

Ice-Pick Lodge delivers precisely what they promised and I was personally very scared by the way the game delivers it's creepy story. It's not a big game nor a very complicated one,
    but it slowly creeps up on you and makes you fear the dark corners of your own home.

Maybe, just maybe, you aren't alone right now when was the last time you looked behind you...

Play it in the dark and play it alone.
  16. Oct 11, 2013
    Knock-knock is one of those games that rejuvenates your hope fore PC gaming. As indie as they come, Knock-knock is keen on playing the player just as much as the player plays the game. There are rules to be sure, but part of the game is figuring them out as you play along. There is a story and setting too, but again, it is up to you to figure out what is going on.

If you are impatient
    or want to be spoon-fed a plot and gameplay—move on. If you want an intriguing mystery and atmospheric tale, give Knock-knock a try. Expand
  17. Oct 11, 2013
    Knock-Knock is full of surprises. First of all, despite its cartoon 2D graphics Knock-Knock is actually one of the best horror games I ever played. The best part of the game is learning how to play it by yourself. Try not to read any spoilers before playing. Wait for the night and put on your headphones. Get ready to submerge into the atmosphere of suspense and uncertain terror. Enjoy its visual and sound design. I certainly recommend this game to everyone who likes mystery and challenge.
    All in all bravo, Ice-Pick Lodge!
  18. Oct 11, 2013
    Another masterpiece from Ice-Pick Lodge developers. Don't get fooled by cartoon graphics or seems-to-be-simple gameplay. It will take some time to understand what's going on there. It's not a traditional game, more of an experiment. Just be ready to confront your fears.
  19. Oct 10, 2013
    Discovering the game mechanics is fun, the overall atmosphere is dream-like and spooky. What this game is about is more or less up to the players interpretation, but one thing is sure: this is the type of game that tries to reach out to the player. In my opinion this game is about how the brain defends the ego against the horrors of reality. But as always, there are things that come out only when it's dark. Expand
  20. Oct 11, 2013

1. Dec 26, 2013
    Knock-Knock could have been amazing; with a slightly different outcome on that early night, and if the mystery gets its hooks in before the mechanics start souring the experience, it could have been a tense nail-biter. As it happened, I got fed up with Knock-Knock long before its secrets surfaced, and I was happier to break the game than to continue playing along.
  2. Dec 13, 2013
    Boredom, not ghosts, is your worst enemy in Knock-knock.
  3. Nov 25, 2013
    A dread-drenched take on hide-and-seek which will mesmerise some, and alienate most. [December 2013, p.80]