7.2

1. Apr 12, 2014
    Don't listen to the critic reviews. I got this game when it first came out, and was very hesitant to do so, due to the critic reviews. They're rubbish. As soon as you read "trying to make a new Diablo", just stop. That's not the case here. By that train of thought, every shooter is trying to remake WolfensteinDoomQuakeGoldeneyeHalo or whatever suits your fancy. Krater can stand it's ownDon't listen to the critic reviews. I got this game when it first came out, and was very hesitant to do so, due to the critic reviews. They're rubbish. As soon as you read "trying to make a new Diablo", just stop. That's not the case here. By that train of thought, every shooter is trying to remake WolfensteinDoomQuakeGoldeneyeHalo or whatever suits your fancy. Krater can stand it's own ground as its own game. It has a quirky post-apocalyptic environment, enjoyable characters, who I must admit, do grow stale after a while (hmmm... maybe they were trying to remake fallout, not diablo....). The game crafting system, loot system, squad system, are all well put together. The map system is an interesting implementation that reminds mildly of Monkey Island maps, but with final fantasy-esque random encounters. I say "esque", because it's not necessarily a random enemy encounter, so much as random area encounter. Unfortunately, the variety of these encounters is limited, and as in other games with random encounters, can grow tedious, but such is the nature of the beast.
    Is this game a 52? No. Flat out, no. Anyone who ranked this below a 60, has no credibility in my eyes. Does it have short comings? Yes. As does every game. However, given cost, content, creatively thought out environments, replay value, scope, and a myriad of other things to be taken into consideration, I would have to give this game a........ 82? I can't give it a 100, even to offset the unfair reviews (which the critic reviews truly are), because it's not. This game has a lot of heart though. It is a unique title, and I think it deserves a tip of the hat. The combat is quite enjoyable, swapping between your squaddies adds a fun aspect, trying to get the best from each. When a beefed up squaddy dies, it's a bit of a hit, and you want to shut the game down before the autosave, but you move on. Can't recall which critic review it was, but one of them tried calling Krater out for this. It was something to the tune of "penalizing players for staying the course seems counterintuitive when the goal is to keep them playing".... Something along those lines. Too that I say "Boo... hoo". Sorry I grew up playing NES. We had Game Over screens. You died, it sucked, you started over. Rinse and repeated until you beat the thing. Consequences aren't penalties to the player. They add a layer of difficulty that we've been missing. I'm sorry if you want a trophy for showing up, you're not getting one. It's not as though you're getting a Game Over screen, it's just game over for THAT ONE SQUADDIE. (Not sure how many variations of spelling Squaddie I've used, but I apologize for none of them :) ).
    I digress. For the money, Krater is a great value. Hours of play time, a colorful world to explore, great levelingupgradingcrafting mechanics to keep pursuing, and best of all... IT'S NOT DIABLO! BTW, I made an account just so I could speak up for this great game. This is my first review, and I stand by it. If you've played it, and disagree with the critic reviews (or agree, all honest opinions are valid), give this game a write up, it deserves it.
  2. Feb 28, 2014
    When I look for words to describe this game, I keep coming back to "charming." The aesthetics pull you into the experience, and sometimes the humor, while not feeling forced, will actually make you crack a smile. (I am sure we have all played one too many games where the humor is more embarrassing than engaging). This has enough great elements to nearly be a classic, but two aspects willWhen I look for words to describe this game, I keep coming back to "charming." The aesthetics pull you into the experience, and sometimes the humor, while not feeling forced, will actually make you crack a smile. (I am sure we have all played one too many games where the humor is more embarrassing than engaging). This has enough great elements to nearly be a classic, but two aspects will cripple any chance this game has at breaking out into a massive success. The first, is the control. It isn't quite "bad," but sometimes you deselect a character by accident, or have to fiddle with the camera in ways you shouldn't have to, and it just rips you out of the experience. The second, is scope. Imagine playing World of Warcraft for the very first time, and then learning that the max level is 20. That is what it feels like, when you find out that every character caps out at 15. I find it very difficult to feel attached to my team, when there is a very finite amount of work that will ever go into them. Due to the above issues, this really ends up being a popcorn game. You see it on sale on steam, pick it up for dirt cheap, binge on it's charm for a few hours, the put it down. Expand
  3. Dec 27, 2013
    reviewers bribed by rival company's cause this game is awesome! and underrated it offers hours and hours of fun and exploring! how deep can you go in those dungeons? I have not yet discovered
  4. Nov 7, 2013
    My first impression upon playing Krater is it feels alot like Fallout mixed with unit highlighting, which works in a good way without feeling too complex. The amount of customisation is nice and while you cant edit how your character looks (apart from a few things like weapons), you can later upgrade to a reskinned character of the same class. Multiplayer can be alot of fun when you talkMy first impression upon playing Krater is it feels alot like Fallout mixed with unit highlighting, which works in a good way without feeling too complex. The amount of customisation is nice and while you cant edit how your character looks (apart from a few things like weapons), you can later upgrade to a reskinned character of the same class. Multiplayer can be alot of fun when you talk out what your plan of attack will be, but having global loot may make you or him feel a bit greedy if you take too many good items, or just take too many good items too often. But there is a feeling of disconnection when you have finished a quest with your buddy, because it takes you back to the last single player town you were in, which can be a little annoying at first, which is why I recommend you have a friend be the guy who your doing multiplayer with, so you can quickly pick another quest and resume multiplayer again. Expand
  5. Sep 7, 2013
    Don't believe the negative reviews! The is a fun and polished post-apocalyptic game, which 5 years ago would have been considered mainstream. Now, the graphics are a little dated, but perfectly enjoyable.
    It plays like Titan Quest/Diablo. And you can play the whole thing with your mouse only.
    I'm only a couple of hours in, but am having a blast. There is no way this game is in the 50s, even if you are hyper critical, this game is a solid 8/10.
    With coupons, you can get it on Steam for a couple of bucks. Totally worth it!
  6. Aug 24, 2013
    Krater seems to me like a game design college project that got funded by a sugar daddy or a government scholarship, and never would have made it with 'real funding' from real publishers. It's not that it really fails at anything, but EVERYTHING is just amateurish and weak. Characters all hidden behind masks? WEAK! A party set at three members (not 1 not 6 not open) WEAK! A map withKrater seems to me like a game design college project that got funded by a sugar daddy or a government scholarship, and never would have made it with 'real funding' from real publishers. It's not that it really fails at anything, but EVERYTHING is just amateurish and weak. Characters all hidden behind masks? WEAK! A party set at three members (not 1 not 6 not open) WEAK! A map with insufficient zoom and no rotation, WEAK! A lack of tactical combat controls! WEAK! Swedish voice overs that are often no more than mumbling (even in Swedish) WEAK! Feels to me like a kind of Torchlight 1 meets Fallout game, but more like Torchlight and less like Fallout. So a kind of post-apocalyptic torchlight 1 if that's what you like, definitely get it. Personally I would go for a more serious RPG where the artists can draw faces like...like any other game made by PROFESSIONALS.

7. Aug 8, 2013
    Playing in the background of the demo version was a PJ Harvey cover of, This Is Love, which is what attracted me to this game (and incidentally PJ Harvey herself). Although the $2.99 sale price on Steam, colorful graphics, and apocalyptic road warrior IKEAishness helped to send my hand flying toward the add to cart button.
  8. Aug 7, 2013
    The game has a lot of heart but it's lacking the extra polish that might make give it a higher rating which reduces it to monotony without payout.

Pros: Enjoyable soundtrack that I'd listen to on its own, nice visuals and smooth throughout on decent hardware, more strategizing than Diablo with additional characters and abilities, and a low price tag. Cons: A poor interface that will

Cons: A poor interface that will cause you to squint as it doesn't scale for higher resolutions, and monotonous clicking for much of the game as there isn't enough variance in enemies or loot.

Again, the visuals are nice and can be a treat in the cities but the dungeons are basically a boring grind with a lack of variety so you're basically clicking through them, devoid of fun. It's definitely worth $5 or less if you catch it on a Steam sale.
  9. AWG
    Jul 31, 2013
    Krater starts as a promising RPG but it gets boring and ripetitive very soon. Also, it's apparently impossible to join a co-op match and many achievements are bugged. Not very funny.
  10. Jul 29, 2013
    Very repetitive game play and uninteresting missions makes this game very disappointing. I played it for about 10 hours and just couldn't bring myself to continue.
  11. Jun 19, 2013
    The most fantastic game ever? no.. but it doesn't deserve the bashing it gets.. the game is solid after a bad release being patched and dealt with) Its really quite a fun game.. set on extreme it runs and looks quite nice.. personally I got it on sale and was very happily surprised at what I found.. the controls are simple and easy to adjust to as well. Its similar to Dungeon Siege theThe most fantastic game ever? no.. but it doesn't deserve the bashing it gets.. the game is solid after a bad release being patched and dealt with) Its really quite a fun game.. set on extreme it runs and looks quite nice.. personally I got it on sale and was very happily surprised at what I found.. the controls are simple and easy to adjust to as well. Its similar to Dungeon Siege the real ones not the pos last one) or NWN in play style with crafting and a few other neat additions. If you enjoy hack and slash loot em up games you will most likely enjoy this one. I'm very pleased with my purchase. Expand
  12. Jun 7, 2013
    As others have noted here, Krater has a lot of charm. The post apocalyptic theme and the humor kinda reminds me a little of Borderlands, except a bit less ultra violent. Your weapons are going to be made from whatever materials they have available after the apocalypse in Sweden, so expect guns made from soda cans and a 2 hand weapon made out of a mailbox.

In Krater you'll level up

In Krater you'll level up soldiers of various archetypes, who generally fall into the category of tank, healer, damage dealer, or crowd controller. You mix and match soldier combinations to form teams of 3, and then go do quests, level up, get weapon and ability upgrades, etc.,-- typical ARPG stuff. The combat is in real time, and you're going to be controlling the three different characters all at once, including their targeting, abilities, and positioning, (each character only has 2 abilities and a cool-down item so it's not that bad). The controls can take a little getting used to though, judging from some of the other reviews this was a hurdle that was too steep for some.

Last time I played there were two fairly lengthy, (maybe 40 level?), dungeons which constituted the "end-game". The enemies get repetitive as there are only a limited type, (you're going to be fighting a lot of bears and moose). The monsters basically come in packs of 3-5 which your team would fight in a similar fashion to a multiplayer role playing game, with one soldier tanking, one doing damage, another healing. Or, you can have two damage dealers+one healer, or, three crowd controllers, or, any other team set-up you find viable for the encounter. Towards the later levels of the dungeons, some strategizing is necessary for certain mob groups, and a bad pull will wipe your team quickly. Then you have to start over at your last checkpoint, which could be many floors back. It can get a bit frustrating at times.

For the $15 I spent on the game though I feel I got my money's worth from Krater, I got about 90 hours of game play out of it. For the price point I give the game a 7.49, the story is worth playing through once.
  13. Jun 3, 2013
    Overall not a bad game. A nice amount of customizing, both via implants & skill addons. Game is pretty challenging but it feels like some of that is due to it being a Real Time squad game without pause. Sometimes you just can't grab aggro off your healer fast enough to keep him alive and the fight is over after that. Even with hotkeys and shortcuts when I lose fights its often because ofOverall not a bad game. A nice amount of customizing, both via implants & skill addons. Game is pretty challenging but it feels like some of that is due to it being a Real Time squad game without pause. Sometimes you just can't grab aggro off your healer fast enough to keep him alive and the fight is over after that. Even with hotkeys and shortcuts when I lose fights its often because of this rather than biting off more than I could chew. Expand
  14. Feb 8, 2013
    this game is not really funny, I have 3 character to control, but what is different with only 1? I don't feel any different. this game totally failed to give players fun.
  15. Jan 17, 2013
    When this game was released it was very buggy and it always crashed, however. Now it's completely different. Krate has recieved mayor fixes and it's much more stable and the best part, IT HAS CO-OP NOW!. Krater is a unique game where you control three characters at once. It's set in a colorful post-apocalyptic Sweden. If you like RPG, atleast give this game a chance. It deserves much moreWhen this game was released it was very buggy and it always crashed, however. Now it's completely different. Krate has recieved mayor fixes and it's much more stable and the best part, IT HAS CO-OP NOW!. Krater is a unique game where you control three characters at once. It's set in a colorful post-apocalyptic Sweden. If you like RPG, atleast give this game a chance. It deserves much more than just 52 out of 100. A solid 8 out of 10! Expand
  16. Jan 3, 2013
    There's absolutely no bugs in this game as of 1/3/2013. All of what's left is a good game. In fact, I bought this game and was expecting so much less than what I paid. I was, truly blown away. I'll be playing this game for a long, long time.
  17. Dec 11, 2012
    This is an initially appealing game, an old-fashioned turn-based (ish) squad scale RPG. The art style is cute, and the goofy humour is somewhat charming. Sadly, however, it is absolutely bugged to fsck. I am fed up with reporting basic bugs, to see them eventually declared fixed, when a cursory look shows that they aren't, and are easily reproducible. CTDs, save file corruption, vanishingThis is an initially appealing game, an old-fashioned turn-based (ish) squad scale RPG. The art style is cute, and the goofy humour is somewhat charming. Sadly, however, it is absolutely bugged to fsck. I am fed up with reporting basic bugs, to see them eventually declared fixed, when a cursory look shows that they aren't, and are easily reproducible. CTDs, save file corruption, vanishing items, GUI problems, you name it. That's before we get on to the simplistic and skewed mechanics, which need a major overhaul. It's a shame, Fatshark (the developers) themselves are friendly and polite on their forums- just they seem to have a really lousy development process, and a habit of putting out interesting-looking yet fatally bugged titles. I have wasted so much time struggling with bugs in this title, reporting them, waiting for patches, rinse and repeat- just to find that I no further forward. Leisure time is limited, and I don't expect to have to babysit games for near-homeopathic levels of entertainment. To justify this level of faffing about, this game would need to be a lot more entertaining than it is. I don't except this flakiness to fun ratio from free games- I sure as hell wouldn't from a commercial title. Even in a Steam sale, I would avoid this like the plague. There are far better games that you can pick up for less. Even all this time after release, it's barely beta quality.

Sorry, Fatshark.
  18. Dec 8, 2012
    The gameplay is incredibly repetitive, once you have your strategy you just do the same thing every battle. There is only a small variety of AI and most enemies are dealt with in the identical manner. Most dungeons look the same and they feel pointless. While the RPG elements are all really cool, the gameplay just becomes super dull. The world map is even worse though. The world map youThe gameplay is incredibly repetitive, once you have your strategy you just do the same thing every battle. There is only a small variety of AI and most enemies are dealt with in the identical manner. Most dungeons look the same and they feel pointless. While the RPG elements are all really cool, the gameplay just becomes super dull. The world map is even worse though. The world map you get doesn't let you view the WHOLE WORLD. I just have never seen such a terrible map in my life, not to mention the incredibly slow crawl between locations means getting across the world requires 10 minutes of more boring gameplay - because you get into battles. The graphics, sounds and dialogues are brilliant and I feel the style works incredibly well, unfortunately about half-way through the game, it falls flat on its feet because of the repetition which limits the gameplay time. Expand
  19. Dec 4, 2012
    This game had so much promise. An interesting but failed take on the action RPG genre. At launch it was a buggy mess. Full of game breaking and crashing glitches. It launched without the promised multiplayer. In fact multiplayer was delayedeven further so that they could work on the games many flaws. When it did launch it was not what was promised pre-release. They had listed it on steamThis game had so much promise. An interesting but failed take on the action RPG genre. At launch it was a buggy mess. Full of game breaking and crashing glitches. It launched without the promised multiplayer. In fact multiplayer was delayedeven further so that they could work on the games many flaws. When it did launch it was not what was promised pre-release. They had listed it on steam as a co-op game and it is... kinda. It has co-operative portions. This is a little nit picky on my part but still another way that Fatshark has failed to deliver. Fatshark as a company are simply pitiful. Everything they release is overpriced, undersupported, buggy as hell and fails to deliver on their lofty pre-launch promises. Save the money and get something worth while or at least wait till a 80% Steam sale. Expand
  20. Oct 31, 2012
    Krater is a game which provides many hours of gameplay for fair price.The game is click to explore, and you control three different characters together. you can choose the classic tank-dps-healer combo but also other combinations because everyone has the slots for the booster and implants, crafted through the game, which improve the skill so, for example, an ability of the tank canKrater is a game which provides many hours of gameplay for fair price.The game is click to explore, and you control three different characters together. you can choose the classic tank-dps-healer combo but also other combinations because everyone has the slots for the booster and implants, crafted through the game, which improve the skill so, for example, an ability of the tank can increase the party dmg, or a cast of dps increases armor and so on. From this point the game has different fighting styles also because humans and mutants have different skill. The map is very big to the point that I have not visited some zones. while traveling from point to point on the map, there are "random encounter", small instanced area where you fight or if you are lucky you can find special vendors.
    There are several cities to visit, each with vendors for weapons, materials for crafting, points to recruit new fighters and quest-hub.Good graphics and also longevity, to finish it took me about 35 hours..have fun with Krater
  21. Oct 6, 2012
    The Krater is an interesting idea. Maybe not as interesting as some sensational ideas for games, but can play in it. Targeting three warriors (they can call it that ...) is cool because in this game it is often not used. Curiosity gets when fighting a monster. We need to use (and sometimes we can) from each of the three skills. It is cool and rarely used. In Krater impossible to play atThe Krater is an interesting idea. Maybe not as interesting as some sensational ideas for games, but can play in it. Targeting three warriors (they can call it that ...) is cool because in this game it is often not used. Curiosity gets when fighting a monster. We need to use (and sometimes we can) from each of the three skills. It is cool and rarely used. In Krater impossible to play at times in the game really fun. It is a pity that at times it is hard to even comprehend. You can easily get lost because everything is not always marked on the map to the maps are so made ​​that everything seems to be the same. After a while things get too heavy, and the fight against creatures require reboots even after 8 checkpoint's. The downside is also a call for getting the quest. People talking without sense, and most say even too much for what the game wants to sleep (or at least the talks). As for the storyline or not, it is addictive, it really is not all fun and give her too much, even there is not. The game looks good. There is obviously something graphic and could put an eye, but it is good. The game generally played as nice, of course, until it gets hard. But I think that many people will like this game. My rating -6/10 Expand
  22. Sep 26, 2012
    Up-voting a bad game on the principle that it was poorly created by an indie developer is idiotic. This game has "charm", but shadowed by horrible design flaws. The decision making process of this indie team is not ripe with much experience in the genre, and it shows. Indie or not, the game has deserved the negative overtone. Please understand, for the love of God, worshiping indiesUp-voting a bad game on the principle that it was poorly created by an indie developer is idiotic. This game has "charm", but shadowed by horrible design flaws. The decision making process of this indie team is not ripe with much experience in the genre, and it shows. Indie or not, the game has deserved the negative overtone. Please understand, for the love of God, worshiping indies neither makes you look smart, cool, compassionate or generous; you look like an ass-hat, and you're killing both metacritic and lowering the bar of excellence in game production across the board. Expand
  23. Sep 25, 2012
    My only complaint is the combat......I just felt like it was a little clunky, unintuitive but that wasnt so bad. The reason I gave it a 5 is the simple fact that the combat is just plain repetitive. I like everything else about the game, enough so that I would have given it an 8 or a 9. But the same old grindy feel just killed it for me.
  24. Sep 23, 2012
    After all those patches, to fix all those bugs, and all those crashes, the game finally became soooo worth buying. I can honestly say that this is the most charming game I've played in my life, and the gameplay is fantastic as well. A truly engaging story, and fantastic nature to explore. And the extra that makes it a 10/10 is the town designs, and the brilliant music throughout the game.After all those patches, to fix all those bugs, and all those crashes, the game finally became soooo worth buying. I can honestly say that this is the most charming game I've played in my life, and the gameplay is fantastic as well. A truly engaging story, and fantastic nature to explore. And the extra that makes it a 10/10 is the town designs, and the brilliant music throughout the game. So to sum up, it's really really worth buying, I would easily have spent double the money to get this game. Expand
  25. Sep 12, 2012
    This game surely has got, a potential, but at this moment, and its really quite some time after the premiere it's unplayable piece of crap...

My overall imopression is like that - BUG BUG BUG. I can't even get into the settings screen because I'm getting kicked! Game itself has fine gameplay, creation of the world, great music, interesting fight etc. but you can't enjoy any of it because of the technical issues!

So I feel robbed. I possibly have a very nice game which could be a lot of fun, but I can't get to it because of BUG WALL.
  26. Aug 21, 2012
    Why is it that games like Diablo, WoW and Torchlight get so much praise, and this game gets criticised for having repetition and grinds? Sure, it could have been FAR better, and the gameplay is lacking slightly. But the game has such a unique style, it's pleasing in both aesthetics and audio, and the combat feels great.
  27. Aug 13, 2012
    Very fun, addicting and at times hilarious game. Graphics are outstanding and on par with most big budget games. I look forward to expansions and a sequel.
  28. Aug 7, 2012
    Krater is a unique take on the post apocalyptic theme set in Sweden, following some sort of devastating war or event that has changed everything. The story elements are pretty vague yet it gives you enough to push onward and start your adventure.

There are many things i want to say in this review without making it too long but trying to get my point across. as it stands Krater isn't

as it stands Krater isn't complete, the current game is the first of a three part story, which sets the stage for what very well may lead to a gripping conclusion. You start off with a rag tag bunch of characters, the game uses the basic trinity roles system that is Tank, Healer, Dps. Its a tried and true system that works well in RPG's. after learning the basics you'll be flung out on your first quest to start ranking up and finding items.

The game doesn't opt for a traditional gear setup that you see in the likes of wow or skyrim, instead it has its own system of implants and boosters that complement each characters stats, when your characters rank up, they unlock more slots for both. It does make for some interesting configurations, you can have a health heavy buffer tank, or a flimsy yet powerful DPS, the variety is rather vast for what is currently in game.

You will find out quite quickly that your starting party will not make the final cut and losing characters after 6 consecutive deaths will permanently end that characters existence, after the 4th death, characters gain a permanent debuff that is well, permanent, they can range from any kind of reduction to stats from what i've experienced its percentage based and in some cases can severely hamper any given character, thankfully you can buy characters constantly through the numerous hubs dotted around the nicely crafted world map, which has quite a few locations to explore.

Back to the character for one moment, your starting party will eventually cap themselves at rank 5, but thats not the end, rank 15 is the current cap for each character but starting characters will need to unlock this with money and newly added boot camp NPC's, its a bit of a money sink but its not a big deal.

without giving away any thing else ill try to wrap this up, the game could use some more depth, if you want to compare this game to other games like fallout and dungeon siege which are good contenders because not only are they older they play nearly the same way, you level up, you grind gear and you complete missions its a good addition to the genre what i have come to feel is that, when comparing the game to others, its better to realize that what this game does, and doesn't do is all part of its uniqueness, if they had copied lots of random elements from other games it wouldn't feel unique it would just be a clone.

I'm giving the game an 8, because the potential is there, the developers are very keen on hearing player feed back and they are hard at work at implementing features that players want to see, I have rarely seen such dedication to a fan base which is great knowing that it will continue to grow and get better.

overall the art direction is awesome, the sound is nice and for the most part is really is a fun game, I've placed at the writing of this about 50hrs into the game and still want to keep looking for extra rare items to beef up my party.

there are a bunch of lessons Krater can learn from similar titles, but hopefully they keep the game as unique as possible so it doesn't end up playing like a clone of something else.

I am happy with my purchase it was definitely worth the asking price and I am eagerly awaiting the next iterations.

a couple of the bigger flaws would be that, questing, like all RPG's becomes a bit repetitive after a while, there isn't an insane amount of depth compared to say, dungeon siege 2, but what you get in the package along with the constant updates that are planned, I feel that the current score of 54 is far too low and this game should be at least a 75 working its way up to a 8 or even an 85 when all is said and done.
  29. Aug 4, 2012
    I picked up Krater a couple weeks after release. It made me want to keep playing for 20 hours, completing all of the quests and finding many of the secrets. It was quite rough around the edges and, judging by the patches, should probably have had 1-2 more months of work on it. But it was easy to look past its faults and enjoy the genuinely fun gameplay.
  30. Jul 25, 2012
    Where do I start? Let's just say that after FORTY+ hours of play I have a long way to go and this is one of the best games I've played in 30 years as a gamer. Do yourself a favour and ignore the critic reviews altogether as they were clearly made on the unpatched beta. The game still has some minor rough edges in that there seems to be an annoying thing where the camera will randomly jumpWhere do I start? Let's just say that after FORTY+ hours of play I have a long way to go and this is one of the best games I've played in 30 years as a gamer. Do yourself a favour and ignore the critic reviews altogether as they were clearly made on the unpatched beta. The game still has some minor rough edges in that there seems to be an annoying thing where the camera will randomly jump when you are scrolling (I believe it's an auto-centre issue) and you can't delete unwanted characters. This said, fatshark's commitment to continued development and community awareness are probably the best I've EVER seen with responses on the forums to almost every new observation idea or issue. The game itself is packed with secret areas quests and encounters that you simply wont see until you have invested a fair bit of play time - and it's pretty clear that all negative reviewers didn't do this at all. You will become emotionally attached to some characters and when they eventually die you may feel sadness or regret but there are always better ones to come if you don't give up. Any game which can provoke an emotional response in this way and still provide many many hours of gameplay and replay value should be up for some serious awards. Even without the planned co-op, which at this time remains inactive, Krater is the quintessence of "hidden gem" and "diamond in the rough". I continue to recommend it to all my fiends and anyone else who will listen and when the minor issues mentioned are sorted and co-op is added this is an easy 10/10 for anyone's money.

*edit* Fatshark - do yourselves a favour and re-submit the game for review to "critics" and you will eventually reap the rewards of your superb and continued good work because as things stand the current, and completely inaccurate, metascore is damaging your sales and recognition.

1. Oct 13, 2012
    Krater has a lot of good things going for it: an original setting (post-apocalyptic Sweden!), a fresh take on ARPG leveling mechanics, a moody soundtrack… Sadly, the monotonous and boring combat makes playing it a chore. Kudos for Fatshark for actively patching their game, but only time will tell whether the potential will ever be fulfilled. [Aug 2012]
  2. Sep 25, 2012
    This game will bring you only pain and humiliation. It will drive you insane, filling your nightmares with many-colored bears.
  3. Aug 31, 2012
    Mixed emotions… Krater tries to be a squad-based action RPG, but ultimately it does not fully deliver, neither as squad-based, nor as action-hack/slash, nor even as an RPG- and that is truly a shame, for there was something really brilliant here. Still, it remains a fun way to pass many game-hours. [August 2012]